PDA

View Full Version : Take away best 2

Htownballa1622
09-27-2019, 06:02 PM
With all these teams with dynamic duos, I wanted to get a sense of who had the best supporting casts around them out West. There's some top heavy teams with mehh depth imo but I wanted to hear what yall think. Excluding their two best players, which team has the best group around their big two?

Clips:
Beverly
Shamet/ Lou Will
Mo Harkless
JaMychal Green
Zubac/ Montrezl

Lakers
Rondo/Cook/Caruso
Green/Bradley
KCP
Kuzma/Dudley
Dwight/Mcgee

Rockets
Rivers
Gordon/Green
House/Sefolosha
Tucker
Capela/Chandler

Warriors
Russell
Klay(when healthy)/Burks
McKinney/Evans
Paschall
Looney/Cauley-Stein

Jazz
Conley/Exum
O'neal
Bogdonavic
Ingles/Jeff Green
Davis

Nuggets
Morris
Harris/Barton
Craig/Porter Jr.
Millsap/Grant
Plumlee

Trailblazers
Simons
Bazemore/Hezonja
Hood
Collins/Tolliver
Whiteside

IndyRealist
09-27-2019, 07:34 PM
The best group minus their two stars is the Jazz imo. The best group around their two stars is the Warriors. The best group with their two stars is the Clippers, if that makes any sense. West is gonna be rough this year.

VCaintdead17
09-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Don't see why Klay is listed since he'll be out most of the year. Feels disingenuous tbh. With this in mind, definitely the Clippers, Rockets or Jazz. All 3 have solid supporting casts. Also I'd argue that Conley is better than Mitchell at the moment.

Htownballa1622
09-27-2019, 09:09 PM
The best group minus their two stars is the Jazz imo. The best group around their two stars is the Warriors. The best group with their two stars is the Clippers, if that makes any sense. West is gonna be rough this year.

I totally get what you're saying. Idk about the warriors though. They look worrisome to me.

Htownballa1622
09-27-2019, 09:11 PM
Don't see why Klay is listed since he'll be out most of the year. Feels disingenuous tbh. With this in mind, definitely the Clippers, Rockets or Jazz. All 3 have solid supporting casts. Also I'd argue that Conley is better than Mitchell at the moment.

Wasn't tryna be disingenuous which is why I wrote when healthy. I guess I could've left him off but I just mean by years end.

I also think Conley may be better than Mitchell but I'd say mitchell is their engine so I made he and Rudy be the guys I omit.

Htownballa1622
09-27-2019, 09:14 PM
Also, I guess I wanted to point out how wack the lakers roster is outside of their big two. Granted, they probably have the most talented big two but theres a steep drop from their 3rd and 4th best player imo.

lakerfan85
09-27-2019, 11:47 PM
Why are the Rockets on the list? They donít have a dynamic duo..

Heediot
09-28-2019, 07:54 AM
It's going to come down to chemistry and how guys mesh. Some guys play better in a certain system, way, off of certain players. Stats can get skewed because of fit. Lakers have a tonne of new guys. Clippers have to adjust to playing with two all nbaers. Other teams added significant players as well.

Nuggets have the most continuity imo. Warriors have almost a totally new bench.

All these teams have capable talent, but I think we'll have a better gauge by 2020.

mrblisterdundee
09-29-2019, 10:06 AM
Denver was the deepest team last season, albeit not the most talented. I especially like the small-ball potential with Milsap at center, Grant at power forward and a bunch of athletic scoring wings like Harris, Morris, Beasley and Barton. If Porter Jr. comes along, that team's damn-near unstoppable.

Warriors
Russell
Klay(when healthy)/Burks
McKinney/Evans
Paschall
Looney/Cauley-Stein

I'd argue that Klay is more a part of the Big Two than Green ó really, they're still a big three and probably shouldn't be in this thread. Take the other Splash Brother out and you're left with a back court of Russell and Burks. That's still a feisty team led by Green. They're the best defensive team.

dhopisthename
09-29-2019, 02:21 PM
based on the list given its the Jazz and its not particularly close.