PDA

View Full Version : How long does AD at the PF last?

ewing
09-18-2019, 09:53 PM
Are the Lakers really going to try his mins at the 5? Is that going work/last?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
09-19-2019, 12:14 AM
AD at the 4 gives Lakers a advantage over 90 percent of the league. Howard and McGee are going to have big games being anchored by Davis. Teams have to answer Davis at the 4 not the other way around. With James delivering the pass it can last all the way to a Championship.

NBA tip off is fast approaching

IKnowHoops
09-19-2019, 12:34 AM
How can it not last? They can do whatever they want with there personnel.

ewing
09-19-2019, 06:05 AM
How can it not last? They can do whatever they want with there personnel.

I donít see it going great. Im not sure who LeBron will be throwing shade at on instagram first but I think eventually AD, Bron, and Kuz has to be the frontline. I expect it will be the one that finishes games from the start. Maybe Iím wrong. You think they are better off with MGhee or Dwight out there? How many mins do you think AD gets at center?

smith&wesson
09-19-2019, 01:22 PM
Are the Lakers really going to try his mins at the 5? Is that going work/last?

All season unless thereís an injury to Howard or McGee.

smith&wesson
09-19-2019, 01:27 PM
I donít see it going great. Im not sure who LeBron will be throwing shade at on instagram first but I think eventually AD, Bron, and Kuz has to be the frontline. I expect it will be the one that finishes games from the start. Maybe Iím wrong. You think they are better off with MGhee or Dwight out there? How many mins do you think AD gets at center?

I donít really see the issue. Heís always wanted to remain at the 4 and only has played the 5 out of necessity.

I can see Lebron starting at pg this year. The Lakers will def have some unorthodox line ups. Davis likely will see some time at the 5 too but not nearly as much if they have healthy bodies available there.

IKnowHoops
09-19-2019, 01:29 PM

PG Bron
SG Green
SF Kuzma
PF AD
C Howard

This is the lineup that should start and finish games

VCaintdead17
09-19-2019, 03:39 PM
PG Bron
SG Green
SF Kuzma
PF AD
C Howard

This is the lineup that should start and finish games

This spacing is brutal

TrueFan420
09-19-2019, 04:58 PM
This spacing is brutal

Yea Iíd drop Howard for Bradley.

ewing
09-19-2019, 05:25 PM
This spacing is brutal

Imagine when Green goes through that month where he doesnít hit a jump shot. The guy always shoot a good percentage but he is streaky

ewing
09-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Yea Iíd drop Howard for Bradley.

He can also dribble which is lacking with that lineup

Lakers + Giants
09-19-2019, 07:05 PM
This spacing is brutal

Im hoping for

Bradley
Green
LeBron
AD
Dwight

Bostonjorge
09-19-2019, 07:11 PM
C. Kuzma
PF. Davis
SF. Green
SG. Bradley
PG. James new Magic

Death lineup

Lakers + Giants
09-19-2019, 07:22 PM
C. Kuzma
PF. Davis
SF. Green
SG. Bradley
PG. James new Magic

Death lineup

death for us, kuz cant defend 3s or 4s, 5s?!:surrender:

ewing
09-19-2019, 09:16 PM
C. Kuzma
PF. Davis
SF. Green
SG. Bradley
PG. James new Magic

Death lineup

Thatís a good line up

VCaintdead17
09-19-2019, 10:17 PM
I think

Bradley
KCP
Green
LeBron
AD

Is the most potent closing lineup. Maybe sub in Cook if Bradley has a repeat year of dismal shooting.

IKnowHoops
09-19-2019, 11:24 PM
This spacing is brutal

Physicality/Rebounding/Defense/Bullyball/Second Chance points on fleek. And if Kuz can shoot 35% from 3, spacing is average.

VCaintdead17
09-20-2019, 12:23 AM
Physicality/Rebounding/Defense/Bullyball/Second Chance points on fleek. And if Kuz can shoot 35% from 3, spacing is average.

lmao Kuz, Dwight and Green are bullying no one.

Heediot
09-20-2019, 08:50 AM

Be careful. Chemistry, Spacing and Fit matter. This is like the USA team trying to throw as much talent out there as they can and getting punked off in FIBA. It's not just talent that matters but how well people play off one another.

I think this Laker team has more potential then most and they have the pieces to play around and find the right lineups for the right circumstances.

When I see you construct team all you care about is how athletic and gifted one is individually and take less concern with how teams will mesh. Look at Argentina, no nba players and they won the silver and beat two teams that beat the usa in the same tournament handily.

ewing
09-20-2019, 11:11 AM
lmao Kuz, Dwight and Green are bullying no one.

I also donít think AD and D12 are a great defensive combo. They provide a hell of a lot of rim protection but you are also slow as ****. Wheather AD likes or not he is now an ideal 5

IKnowHoops
09-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Be careful. Chemistry, Spacing and Fit matter. This is like the USA team trying to throw as much talent out there as they can and getting punked off in FIBA. It's not just talent that matters but how well people play off one another.

I think this Laker team has more potential then most and they have the pieces to play around and find the right lineups for the right circumstances.

When I see you construct team all you care about is how athletic and gifted one is individually and take less concern with how teams will mesh. Look at Argentina, no nba players and they won the silver and beat two teams that beat the usa in the same tournament handily.

Huh? When USA throws there top talent they win😂

When they try to get cute with chemistry and have guys like Mike Miller on the squad they get abused

Bostonjorge
09-20-2019, 01:40 PM
I also donít think AD and D12 are a great defensive combo. They provide a hell of a lot of rim protection but you are also slow as ****. Wheather AD likes or not he is now an ideal 5

Letís not pretend Davis is a big slow 7 footer. Davis is the fastest big in the game and has quick lateral movements. Davis can switch onto any player. Davis is faster then most 3ís. He can clearly play the 5 and be the best 5 in the league. Davis can also play the 4 and be the best big in the league period. Whoever plays the 5 will get a boost playing next to Davis.

Heediot
09-20-2019, 02:33 PM
Huh? When USA throws there top talent they win😂

When they try to get cute with chemistry and have guys like Mike Miller on the squad they get abused

That's only if USA can bring 12 HOF's.

The problem is USA doesn't try to get cute, they always try to bring the best talent possible. That's the problem they run into when the chemistry fails. USA tried to bring what was available. Given the talent level on the Lakers, having certain guys play together can leave them exposed or easier to defend.

When you create all time teams yours would prolly be MJ-Bron-Admiral-Shaq starting 5. You don't care about how they work and interchange with one another A team of Stockton-Jordan-Bird-Duncan-Hakeem would win based off chemistry and spacing. You would be like Bron>Bird Admiral>Ducan Shaq>Hakeem that's why my team is better. I've seen how poorly constructed your created teams are in past threads. You have a bias towards athleticism and individual combine skills tbh.

ewing
09-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Letís not pretend Davis is a big slow 7 footer. Davis is the fastest big in the game and has quick lateral movements. Davis can switch onto any player. Davis is faster then most 3ís. He can clearly play the 5 and be the best 5 in the league. Davis can also play the 4 and be the best big in the league period. Whoever plays the 5 will get a boost playing next to Davis.

Iím not saying he is a big slow 7 footer. Iím saying he is an ideal 5 bc he can rotate and close so quickly at his size. He a very fast 5 and a very slow 3. I also donít care if he gives D12 a boost bc I think D12 and McGee inability to shoot outside of 3 feet will crowd AD. Both ADís offense and the teams defense is maxed with those guys on the bench.

ewing
09-20-2019, 03:20 PM
Plus we know Bron is not a fan of anyone clogging his paint.

mrblisterdundee
09-21-2019, 03:55 PM
It depends on whether Dwight can be content with catching lobs, setting screens and playing hard on defense. If he can do that, let Davis play power forward. If not, Davis needs to adjust if he's serious about winning.

ewing
09-21-2019, 04:20 PM
It depends on whether Dwight can be content with catching lobs, setting screens and playing hard on defense. If he can do that, let Davis play power forward. If not, Davis needs to adjust if he's serious about winning.

Those are the only things Dwight can do. Do you expect him to start trying 3s?

IKnowHoops
09-22-2019, 01:55 AM
That's only if USA can bring 12 HOF's.

The problem is USA doesn't try to get cute, they always try to bring the best talent possible. That's the problem they run into when the chemistry fails. USA tried to bring what was available. Given the talent level on the Lakers, having certain guys play together can leave them exposed or easier to defend.

When you create all time teams yours would prolly be MJ-Bron-Admiral-Shaq starting 5. You don't care about how they work and interchange with one another A team of Stockton-Jordan-Bird-Duncan-Hakeem would win based off chemistry and spacing. You would be like Bron>Bird Admiral>Ducan Shaq>Hakeem that's why my team is better. I've seen how poorly constructed your created teams are in past threads. You have a bias towards athleticism and individual combine skills tbh.

Bron
Jordan
Durant
Admiral
Shaq

Would beat

Stockton
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem

But lol...as if both teams arenít stacked almost equally.

And the only time USA lost is when they donít have the best talent. And they lost when they had 3pt shooters, big men, and pass first point guards.

Heediot
09-22-2019, 08:04 AM
Bron
Jordan
Durant
Admiral
Shaq

Would beat

Stockton
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem

But lol...as if both teams arenít stacked almost equally.

And the only time USA lost is when they donít have the best talent. And they lost when they had 3pt shooters, big men, and pass first point guards.

Talent matters no doubt, not saying it doesn't. Its how the talent plays off eash other that significant as well.

Your team has more talent, I think the 2nd team has better ball IQ and will move the ball around better. They have more guys who don't need the ball and know how to play of the ball. Your team has too many guys that need the ball to be effective. 2nd team has enough guys that can take over in conjunction with guys more willing to role play and be effective without needing to dominate the ball.

Maybe I'd put in Steh over Stockton as Bird and Curry is enough playmaking. Jordan and the are elite passer for their position to boot. I'd lose defense, but Curry and Bird from range will cause havoc. Team has shooters, enough rim defenders that can cover for Curry and Bird, excellent passers and all have elite ball iq.

Heediot
09-22-2019, 08:11 AM
USA had enough talent to win, they were just flawed in some areas and didn't have cohesion.

If Milsap and Bam were just to replace Brook and Plumlee with Taum healthy, I thin that team is better constructed.

USA lost before with a more talented tea vs. this years. Talent matters no doubt but you need the right fit and chemistry as well.

mrblisterdundee
09-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Those are the only things Dwight can do. Do you expect him to start trying 3s?

I'm just pointing out that if Howard accepts his role and plays hard, Davis has a better chance of sticking at power forward. If he starts demanding more touches, clashes with teammates and doesn't give enough effort, like he has in previous stops, Davis might have to move to center to keep the Lakers humming. I don't see McGee filling the void.

ewing
09-22-2019, 02:34 PM
I'm just pointing out that if Howard accepts his role and plays hard, Davis has a better chance of sticking at power forward. If he starts demanding more touches, clashes with teammates and doesn't give enough effort, like he has in previous stops, Davis might have to move to center to keep the Lakers humming. I don't see McGee filling the void.

Even if he isnít demanding touches his defender isnít following him outside the paint so unless D12 is going to catching a lot of lobs he taking space from LeBron who loves to collapse the defense from the post and allowing another big to cheat to AD. I just donít see any lineup with AD at the 4 and someone who canít shoot outside of 3 feet at the 5 as optimum

LeonFSU
09-23-2019, 02:31 PM

He's not going to do any of that stuff. He's on a nonguaranteed deal. I still can't believe he signed such a team-friendly deal, especially with the Lakers of all teams.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Lakers really gonna have LeBron at PG? I'm sure there will be plenty of shifting where SG or SF shifts down and LeBron goes up to PF. Isn't that a bit risky LeBron throwing lazy fouls at speedy PG's? Also be a bit tired chasing them around. LeBron isn't getting any younger. Not saying Kemba would of signed there. But being in a hurry and spending on Green, KCP, Rondo, Bradley, Cousins, McGee,Cook. Could of got that third star or fringe All Star.

Lakers + Giants
09-25-2019, 06:20 PM
Lakers really gonna have LeBron at PG? I'm sure there will be plenty of shifting where SG or SF shifts down and LeBron goes up to PF. Isn't that a bit risky LeBron throwing lazy fouls at speedy PG's? Also be a bit tired chasing them around. LeBron isn't getting any younger. Not saying Kemba would of signed there. But being in a hurry and spending on Green, KCP, Rondo, Bradley, Cousins, McGee,Cook. Could of got that third star or fringe All Star.

The depth we got > Kemba.

Also, lebron playing PG on offense, which he has done his entire career isnt new...

Defensively, we'd still have someone like Bradley guarding opposing PGs.

ewing
09-25-2019, 06:47 PM

Also, lebron playing PG on offense, which he has done his entire career isnt new...

I think Avery Bradley could have a big bounce back year in LA. IMO his skill set fits really well next to LeBron. If he can get back to where he was or close he could have a big year.

VCaintdead17
09-25-2019, 06:56 PM

I'd argue LA's lack of quality depth is its biggest issue

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2019, 10:30 AM

Still could of chased Kemba. Then landed somebody at vet minimums. Instead paid these guys and their not to exciting. Cousins was only decent one till he got injured. Rondo is still toxic and doesn't stretch the floor. KCP is okay but wont move the needle. McGee still a knucklehead. Green been up and down. Raptor fans were bitter with him through some of last season. Bradley not so sure how much he has left.

Lakers + Giants
09-26-2019, 11:59 AM
I'd argue LA's lack of quality depth is its biggest issue

Im not arguing against that, having kemba would only make that worse tho haha

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-26-2019, 12:25 PM

Depends on ring chasers for vet minimum. Heck but with Kemba. You may of landed Anderson. Not saying signing Anderson is championship. But he changed his mind and picked Harden/Westbrook combo over old man LeBron and often injured AD. Any random third star or fringe star may have helped in the long run or right now as well. Now Lakers counting on Kuzma to be that third star or traded later for a third star.

VCaintdead17
09-26-2019, 12:32 PM

Yeah, I think its tough to say. I feel like outside of KCP and Green, everyone that the Lakers signed could've been had with the vet. minimum under different circumstances. Pure speculation though.