PDA

View Full Version : Livingston Retires

NBA all the way
09-13-2019, 02:34 PM
https://www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2019/09/13/shaun-livingston-announces-retirement

IDK, if it's thread worthy but after his gruesome knee injury, he could've lost his leg but he returned to basketball. After being a journeyman, he finally found his role with the Warriors and won 3 titles, also got paid the most through his career there.

I just think it's a good story. He could've retired after the injury, he could've retired after falling outta the league as a journeyman (as so many players do) but no, he retired on his own accord and I just think it's cool.

Iron24th
09-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Salute

TrueFan420
09-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Hope to see him on the bench or in the FO for the Warriors soon.

mightybosstone
09-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Solid career redemption story—good for him for overcoming his injury history to carve out a role on a great team, make a ton of money and win three rings.

On a related note, that Warriors roster is going to look completely different next season. No Iguodala, Livingston, Durant, Cousins, Cook or Bell, and Thompson will miss a huge chunk of the season. Replacing them are Russell, Cauley-Stein and bunch of random young guys and role players on minimum deals like Burks and Robinson III.

I'm still on board the "Don't sleep on the Warriors" wagon, but when you look at the list of names of guys they lost and look at the guys they added, I don't see how there won't be a massive dropoff for them this season, even if they had a healthy Thompson.

tp13baby
09-13-2019, 07:21 PM
Solid career redemption story—good for him for overcoming his injury history to carve out a role on a great team, make a ton of money and win three rings.

On a related note, that Warriors roster is going to look completely different next season. No Iguodala, Livingston, Durant, Cousins, Cook or Bell, and Thompson will miss a huge chunk of the season. Replacing them are Russell, Cauley-Stein and bunch of random young guys and role players on minimum deals like Burks and Robinson III.

I'm still on board the "Don't sleep on the Warriors" wagon, but when you look at the list of names of guys they lost and look at the guys they added, I don't see how there won't be a massive dropoff for them this season, even if they had a healthy Thompson.

Call me crazy but WCS fits that system damn well. Probably better than Cousins/Bell did. I think he was massively under utilized in Sactown. Jacob Evans and Paschall can be solid defensive pieces and offensively have Russell to help Curry til Klay gets back. I don’t think the drop off is going to be big. Jordan Poole, Burks, Mckinnie all can be capable bench players. It’s a younger roster that I think will be just as good come playoff time.

NBA all the way
09-14-2019, 02:06 AM
Call me crazy but WCS fits that system damn well. Probably better than Cousins/Bell did. I think he was massively under utilized in Sactown. Jacob Evans and Paschall can be solid defensive pieces and offensively have Russell to help Curry til Klay gets back. I don’t think the drop off is going to be big. Jordan Poole, Burks, Mckinnie all can be capable bench players. It’s a younger roster that I think will be just as good come playoff time.
Kerr has a system, I think they will surprise a lot of people, if Steph can stay healthy.

Saddletramp
09-14-2019, 05:28 AM
but no, he retired on his own accord and I just think it's cool.

I will say, I’d bet my bottom dollar that he’d be playing this year in Golden State if his contract was fully guaranteed so I’m not 100% sure he retired on his own accord.

And yeah, as long as Kerr has what he has going on, I wouldn’t sleep on them, especially if Curry stays healthy.

Chronz
09-14-2019, 10:24 AM
man I remember being so mad we didn't draft Okafor and instead traded down for some skinny kid years away.

once I got over that I began to see the potential, dude was made the starter alil too soon, I think the clippers expected too much too soon from him. then again maybe if he never gets hurt he develops into the kind of all star they envisioned.

I know we all should think of him as a warrior but he actually had his return to form in Washington and played some of his finest ball in LA.

NBA all the way
09-14-2019, 11:31 AM
man I remember being so mad we didn't draft Okafor and instead traded down for some skinny kid years away.

once I got over that I began to see the potential, dude was made the starter alil too soon, I think the clippers expected too much too soon from him. then again maybe if he never gets hurt he develops into the kind of all star they envisioned.

I know we all should think of him as a warrior but he actually had his return to form in Washington and played some of his finest ball in LA.
I honestly think that one year with the Nets, with that crazy cast of characters is what put him on.

NBA all the way
09-14-2019, 11:36 AM
I will say, I’d bet my bottom dollar that he’d be playing this year in Golden State if his contract was fully guaranteed so I’m not 100% sure he retired on his own accord.

And yeah, as long as Kerr has what he has going on, I wouldn’t sleep on them, especially if Curry stays healthy.

You're not wrong but retiring one year too soon is much better than retiring 3 years into the league because he lost his leg or couldn't run again. Or retiring 8ish years into the league after bouncing around and fading away.

He went to 5 straight finals, won 3. Made $30+ in salary in that span. He left on top.

Saddletramp
09-14-2019, 08:22 PM
You're not wrong but retiring one year too soon is much better than retiring 3 years into the league because he lost his leg or couldn't run again. Or retiring 8ish years into the league after bouncing around and fading away.

He went to 5 straight finals, won 3. Made $30+ in salary in that span. He left on top.

Oh yeah. And he didn’t really overstay his welcome, either. He started to regress last year a bit but it’s not like he’s accepting the third string PG position on the Magic for $3 million or whatever. He knew. Good for him.

SfgiantsJD3
09-16-2019, 12:39 PM
Warriors Statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEXRMVdVUAEg4y5?format=jpg&name=small