PDA

View Full Version : Offseason: which is more interesting?

IndyRealist
08-27-2019, 09:00 AM
That Gilbert Arenas lived on $400/mo to start his career, or that he thought he was going to go #1?

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-news-gilbert-arenas-lived-on-a-400-a-month-budget-with-golden-state/?fbclid=IwAR3Qd5EXk-iezLwt_4rsMZP-JNkPnc-8xuPLijdW349ve_r6KVv8ljDTajI

mightybosstone
08-27-2019, 09:52 AM
That Gilbert Arenas lived on $400/mo to start his career, or that he thought he was going to go #1?

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-news-gilbert-arenas-lived-on-a-400-a-month-budget-with-golden-state/?fbclid=IwAR3Qd5EXk-iezLwt_4rsMZP-JNkPnc-8xuPLijdW349ve_r6KVv8ljDTajI

The $400 a month, but I kinda don't buy that completely. As an NBA player, I'm sure he had opportunities to make some cash on the side, and I'm sure he gets fed on road trips, practices, team outings, etc. I doubt that his version of "living on $400 a month" is the same as our version of "living on $400 a month" would be. And if things were really that dire, how about selling all of those huge, unnecessary purchases he made before his first paycheck? He could have sold the Escalade and made more than enough to live on for a year.

As far as him thinking he would get drafted first—that doesn't shock me as much. Most professional athletes are probably pretty arrogant and a little too overconfident in their own abilities. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of guys every year who are surprised when they don't get drafted first overall.

Scoots
08-27-2019, 10:25 AM
Gilbert was always crazy and always working a scam of one kind or another.

He was actually mad at the Warriors for drafting him in the 2nd round.

j-bay
08-27-2019, 10:35 AM
Ah Gilbert Arenas. Was a beast for the Wizards until he started getting hurt. Good times.

Lakers + Giants
08-27-2019, 10:42 AM
Ah Gilbert Arenas. Was a beast for the Wizards until he started getting hurt. Good times.

Fun fact. I was at the game when he dropped 60 on our ***** in those gold jerseys. Dude was unstoppable for 2 straight years.

IndyRealist
08-27-2019, 10:55 AM
The $400 a month, but I kinda don't buy that completely. As an NBA player, I'm sure he had opportunities to make some cash on the side, and I'm sure he gets fed on road trips, practices, team outings, etc. I doubt that his version of "living on $400 a month" is the same as our version of "living on $400 a month" would be. And if things were really that dire, how about selling all of those huge, unnecessary purchases he made before his first paycheck? He could have sold the Escalade and made more than enough to live on for a year.

As far as him thinking he would get drafted first—that doesn't shock me as much. Most professional athletes are probably pretty arrogant and a little too overconfident in their own abilities. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a lot of guys every year who are surprised when they don't get drafted first overall.

I'm sure that $400 doesn't include rent and probably his car note. It was his spending money. Crazy to think he was swiping food from team meals though.

R. Johnson#3
08-27-2019, 11:09 AM

We have Gerald Wallace to thank for blowing Agent 0’s knee out.