PDA

View Full Version : NBA Media

Scoots
08-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Why do so many "analysts" seem to feel they need to yell to make their point?

Why do they feel the need to take extreme positions so often?

As inconsistent as local broadcasts of NBA games are I pretty much always prefer them to any national coverage of the nBA.

WaDe03
08-01-2019, 12:11 PM

As inconsistent as local broadcasts of NBA games are I pretty much always prefer them to any national coverage of the nBA.

They have to say crazy off the wall stuff for ratings and to get their name out there. Part of the reason Skip Baylee’s hates on LeBron in some way literally every day. He knows it will be all over social media. He brings LeBron up even when talking about things like tennis or golf, he’s a genius.

NBA all the way
08-01-2019, 12:26 PM

It's just entertainment factor. I don't think they believe what they say half the time. It's just whatever sells or gets clicks.

IndyRealist
08-01-2019, 02:58 PM
It's just entertainment factor. I don't think they believe what they say half the time. It's just whatever sells or gets clicks.

That's fine except knuckleheads take what they say as gospel. How many times has SAS been blatantly wrong and yet people still quote him?

SteBO
08-01-2019, 03:10 PM
That's fine except knuckleheads take what they say as gospel. How many times has SAS been blatantly wrong and yet people still quote him?
He got 2010 right, and sadly that's all it takes. He's a far cry from Broussard as a result, but....that's a very low bar.

YAALREADYKNO
08-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Two words. Ryan Hollins

NBA all the way
08-01-2019, 03:58 PM
That's the point man, all it does is fuel their name hype even more when people comment, share and like their posts or what they say on tv.

Scoots
08-01-2019, 09:34 PM
One would think everyone would know it's BS, but so many people still watch those channels as "entertainment", it's like CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are all doing the same thing. Be loud and extreme and get quoted and talked about and maybe get more viewers/listeners/clicks.

I saw a piece that even the weather is being reported as more extremes by some networks for the same reason.

There have always been straight sports reporters, hype men, and the negative reporters. But all of them seemed to actually believe what they were saying ... I don't think most people on TV newsertainment believe any of it anymore.

aman_13
08-02-2019, 12:52 AM

They want to stick out. Fans are addicted to talk shows and those who work on those shows have become celebrities. As a result, personal branding and self interest is taken into account.

I can't tell you how many times I read stuff like "I can't wait to hear what "insert name" has to say tomorrow".

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
08-07-2019, 08:44 AM
ESPN’s*First Take*thrives on its personalities saying ridiculous things in hopes of a reaction. And Max Kellerman appears to know that formula well because his commentary had his own host, Molly Qerim, walking off set mid-segment.

During Tuesday’s episode, Ryan Clark and Kellerman were discussing the recent “All-Decade” teams from NBA.com, and Kobe Bryant was notably named to the third team — behind players like Anthony Davis and Carmelo Anthony.

Clark thought that Bryant deserved a better spot in the rankings, but Kellerman predictably took the contrarian role and didn’t think Kobe deserved to be amongst the decade’s top 15 players at all. According to Kellerman, Kobe would be on the “all-NBA worst team.”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/espn-molly-qerim-max-kellerman-first-take-kobe-bryant-worst-team-reaction-video-nba?fbclid=IwAR0JjKhRUek1PhSVdS7Gsp8viCxmglyHhA_Vp vRi6w1uu7zAxx3VA-Krn_w

If believe these people, you don't deserve internet access.

Scoots
08-07-2019, 10:30 AM
ESPN’s*First Take*thrives on its personalities saying ridiculous things in hopes of a reaction. And Max Kellerman appears to know that formula well because his commentary had his own host, Molly Qerim, walking off set mid-segment.

During Tuesday’s episode, Ryan Clark and Kellerman were discussing the recent “All-Decade” teams from NBA.com, and Kobe Bryant was notably named to the third team — behind players like Anthony Davis and Carmelo Anthony.

Clark thought that Bryant deserved a better spot in the rankings, but Kellerman predictably took the contrarian role and didn’t think Kobe deserved to be amongst the decade’s top 15 players at all. According to Kellerman, Kobe would be on the “all-NBA worst team.”

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/espn-molly-qerim-max-kellerman-first-take-kobe-bryant-worst-team-reaction-video-nba?fbclid=IwAR0JjKhRUek1PhSVdS7Gsp8viCxmglyHhA_Vp vRi6w1uu7zAxx3VA-Krn_w

If believe these people, you don't deserve internet access.

One of the nasty parts about this stuff is there is usually SOME basis for the absurd things they do though they do wildly stretch to justify their point at times. I'm not sure Kobe from 32 years old to the end of his career is one of the top 15 players in the NBA in the last 10 years. But I'm not going to spend the time to think about it in any real depth.