PDA

View Full Version : Outside the box OKC

Joemoes
07-15-2019, 06:32 AM
So Iíve been thinking what does OKC do with Paul. I think keeping Paul for a year makes sense. Next offseason 2/80 is a lot easier to swallow for a team. But I think OKC should stay competitive and trade for Beal. Two firsts should do it.

You can field a team of CP3 Gilgeous(sp) Beal Galinari Adams thatís a nice team. And you can trade everyone next offseason in a weak free agent market. The Paul geo he and Westbrook trades happened after free agency so a lot of teams couldnít get involved if they wanted too. You can get at least 1 first round for Beal back. Or you stay competitive while rebuilding.

beasted86
07-15-2019, 07:23 AM
No.

Sam Presti set the market for trading for an all-star while sending no players of high value: At least 2 firsts + 2 pick swaps.

They need to avoid the luxury tax and should tear it down. It shouldn't be hard to move Adams, Shroder and Gallo for more picks or young players. If you can get 2 more protected 1st picks out of those 3 guys and maybe 1 solid guy, they have the chance to be a sustainable low cost playoff team in 3 years.

Joemoes
07-15-2019, 08:01 AM
No.

Sam Presti set the market for trading for an all-star while sending no players of high value: At least 2 firsts + 2 pick swaps.

They need to avoid the luxury tax and should tear it down. It shouldn't be hard to move Adams, Shroder and Gallo for more picks or young players. If you can get 2 more protected 1st picks out of those 3 guys and maybe 1 solid guy, they have the chance to be a sustainable low cost playoff team in 3 years.

Teams donít worry about luxury tax that much owners are billionaires.

This is all because I donít think they can get out from the CP3 contract. So why not use him.

Acquiring Bradley Beal would not be near what it costs for Paul George. OKC had all the power they knew PG13 was the key to Kawhi. So basically the clippers did the trade to get PG13 and Kawhi. Trading two firsts for Beal isnít a bad move when you can recoup that in a year if it doesnít work this year.

More-Than-Most
07-15-2019, 08:17 AM
So Iíve been thinking what does OKC do with Paul. I think keeping Paul for a year makes sense. Next offseason 2/80 is a lot easier to swallow for a team. But I think OKC should stay competitive and trade for Beal. Two firsts should do it.

You can field a team of CP3 Gilgeous(sp) Beal Galinari Adams thatís a nice team. And you can trade everyone next offseason in a weak free agent market. The Paul geo he and Westbrook trades happened after free agency so a lot of teams couldnít get involved if they wanted too. You can get at least 1 first round for Beal back. Or you stay competitive while rebuilding.

:laugh:

no my god 2 first wont do it... it starts with 2 firsts and multiple players including young high upside players... BB has 2 years left on his deal and the wizards dont need to trade him period.... why the **** do people think they can get BB for peanuts? my god... First heat fans and now this... You arent getting BB unless you trade damn near everything WHY? because the wizards love him and he loves them and he is signed down and will def sign an extension... If you want BB expect something close to what the pelicans got for AD... jesus.

when did a 26/5/5 player on 48/35/81 at age 26 with 2 years left become trad-able for 2 firsts????????????????????????????

More-Than-Most
07-15-2019, 08:23 AM
Teams donít worry about luxury tax that much owners are billionaires.

This is all because I donít think they can get out from the CP3 contract. So why not use him.

Acquiring Bradley Beal would not be near what it costs for Paul George. OKC had all the power they knew PG13 was the key to Kawhi. So basically the clippers did the trade to get PG13 and Kawhi. Trading two firsts for Beal isnít a bad move when you can recoup that in a year if it doesnít work this year.

um how dont the wizards have all the power exactly? wait for.... BB is signed down for 2 more years... He loves money and loves the wizards and the wizards love him... He has never said/stated or wanted out in any way shape or form and has already been talking about an extension with the wizards.... The wizards have more power right now than OKC had with PG13....... The clippers were desperate is all.... Stop.

Scoots
07-15-2019, 10:33 AM
CP3 isn't going to bring much back to OKC. Not all owners are billionaires and not all owners want their NBA toy to lose money.

smith&wesson
07-15-2019, 10:35 AM
um how dont the wizards have all the power exactly? wait for.... BB is signed down for 2 more years... He loves money and loves the wizards and the wizards love him... He has never said/stated or wanted out in any way shape or form and has already been talking about an extension with the wizards.... The wizards have more power right now than OKC had with PG13....... The clippers were desperate is all.... Stop.

All that makes me wonder about his iq. Seems kinda dumb to me to watch all your peers have meaningful careers while they get paid and accomplish goals. Beal is ok with just getting paid and being on a lottery team ? Seems complacent. I wouldnít want a player with that mind set.

tucksoe
07-15-2019, 10:43 AM
All that makes me wonder about his iq. Seems kinda dumb to me to watch all your peers have meaningful careers while they get paid and accomplish goals. Beal is ok with just getting paid and being on a lottery team ? Seems complacent. I wouldnít want a player with that mind set.
So staying with the team who drafted you and trying to make it work is bad now? Makes me wonder about your iq. Seems kind of dumb

smith&wesson
07-15-2019, 11:36 AM
So staying with the team who drafted you and trying to make it work is bad now? Makes me wonder about your iq. Seems kind of dumb

I wasnít insulting you. . But anyways

Beal has spent 7 seasons with the Wizards. The Wizards are in no better position to win now then they were 7 years ago. Call me stupid but Iíd be thinking about my career.

Being loyal to the team that drafted you is a thing of the past. ďLoyaltyĒ from players and teams are no longer a thing. There was a time when guys like Reggie Miller were respected for sticking out with the same team only to never win a ship. Guys like KG changed that narrative. Guys like Lebron and Durant changed that narrative. Have you watched basketball at all in the last 15 years?

Jeffy25
07-15-2019, 12:26 PM
No, they need to rebuild, not trade off what they do have for a shot at 6 seed with an aging Paul.

TylerSL
07-16-2019, 02:16 AM
A CP3/Beal/SGA/Galo foursome wouldn't even make the playoffs in the Western Conference next year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Beal is gonna take way more then two first round picks. Heck the Bucks got a first and two second round picks in a sign and trade of RFA Brogdon to Pacers.

buckalis
07-21-2019, 01:42 PM
No.

Obviously you don't know much about the CBA or how the lux tax works... OKC is already below the lux tax threshold... They have no reason to trade anyone anymore... If they do, it can be for upgrading their current roster and can develop their future on a parallel path too, by upgrading their roster depth with youth and talent...

Heediot
07-21-2019, 03:30 PM
A CP3/Beal/SGA/Galo foursome wouldn't even make the playoffs in the Western Conference next year.

Throw in Adams and that's a solid team. Better then the 6th seed 19 clippers so you never know.,

beasted86
07-21-2019, 06:19 PM
Obviously you don't know much about the CBA or how the lux tax works... OKC is already below the lux tax threshold... They have no reason to trade anyone anymore... If they do, it can be for upgrading their current roster and can develop their future on a parallel path too, by upgrading their roster depth with youth and talent...

Stop being an idiot. You know that the Thunder have a ~$136M payroll and are above the tax threshold, which is $132M. This is common knowledge.

Sources:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-team-salary/
https://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/oklahoma-city-thunder
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/cap/
https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2019/07/14/okc-thunder-could-hold-on-to-chris-paul/

buckalis
07-21-2019, 06:44 PM
Stop being an idiot. You know that the Thunder have a ~$136M payroll and are above the tax threshold, which is $132M. This is common knowledge.

Sources:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-team-salary/
https://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/oklahoma-city-thunder
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/cap/
https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2019/07/14/okc-thunder-could-hold-on-to-chris-paul/

it's only 4.5M idiot... and they have another 8 months to clear it up...
They aren't going to blow the entire roster up as you suggest for 4.5M that they can clear easy... In fact, I believe that after getting Alexander, it's Schroeder they should trade to one of the many teams that are in need for a PG...

For instance, (just an example) Schroeder + Patterson for Fournier in a deal with Orlando, saves them 4M....

beasted86
07-21-2019, 07:16 PM
it's only 4.5M idiot... and they have another 8 months to clear it up...
They aren't going to blow the entire roster up as you suggest for 4.5M that they can clear easy... In fact, I believe that after getting Alexander, it's Schroeder they should trade to one of the many teams that are in need for a PG...

For instance, (just an example) Schroeder + Patterson for Fournier in a deal with Orlando, saves them 4M....

Lookie here at the troll backpedaling. First it was I don't know anything about the CBA and the Thunder don't need to trade anyone because they are already below the luxury tax... To made up garbage trade scenarios. Things were better for the months you were in hiding after the Bucks lost.

Dade County
07-21-2019, 10:25 PM
:laugh:
You arent getting BB unless you trade damn near everything WHY? because the wizards love him and he loves them and he is signed down and will def sign an extension... If you want BB expect something close to what the pelicans got for AD... jesus.

when did a 26/5/5 player on 48/35/81 at age 26 with 2 years left become trad-able for 2 firsts????????????????????????????

We will find out on the 26 of this month. When he turns down the ext don't be shock. And all Beal has to say through his agent, I will only sign and extension with, insert NBA team here.

Lets see what happens.

1:40sec into vid.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHH39z6XZ_w&t=29s

crewfan13
07-22-2019, 11:31 AM
I don't see any reason for them to make win now moves. The best case scenario for win now moves is like the 5th seed or so at best for the next few seasons.

There best bet is to try to blow it up. Hopefully they stink the next two years or so, hit on a draft pick or two in that time, then when your contracts expire use their cap space and/or wealth of picks for trade capital to gst established young players to compliment the guys you've hit on in the draft.

If they hit on their picks in the near future and time this right, they could be an up and coming team around the time when guys like LeBron, harden, curry ect are out of their primes. No sense in trying to quasi compete with those teams while they are still in their primes.

beasted86
07-22-2019, 01:27 PM
I don't see any reason for them to make win now moves. The best case scenario for win now moves is like the 5th seed or so at best for the next few seasons.

There best bet is to try to blow it up. Hopefully they stink the next two years or so, hit on a draft pick or two in that time, then when your contracts expire use their cap space and/or wealth of picks for trade capital to gst established young players to compliment the guys you've hit on in the draft.

If they hit on their picks in the near future and time this right, they could be an up and coming team around the time when guys like LeBron, harden, curry ect are out of their primes. No sense in trying to quasi compete with those teams while they are still in their primes.

Totally agreed.

To simplify the concept, it's completely insane that people feel one declining 34-yr old player should dictate the entire team's direction.

To drive home the point as clearly as possible, let's say in the trade that brought Chris Paul, instead they brokered in a 3rd team that wanted him and got a combination of expiring contracts (EX: OKC received Goran Dragic and Ryan Anderson). Would anyone here be still saying the Thunder should be trading/signing veterans trying to make the playoffs?

I should assume the answer is "No". Their goal should be: A) avoiding the repeater tax, B) developiing the young core and signing young players they can build upon 2-3 years down the line.

But to add a disclaimer, if the Thunder highly exceed expectations and are on pace to make the playoffs nobody is suggesting they bench players and tank.