PDA

View Full Version : Worst travel never called (5 steps) caused winning an NBA title

buckalis
07-13-2019, 05:12 PM
These kind of refs should never have a job with the NBA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5xy_54iRE

A view from a different camera shows it is much worst than first site...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zmfnxXHRbo

Even worst... Kwahi does it all the time in each and every game he plays...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Vl8RvgLywz8

TrueFan420
07-13-2019, 05:30 PM
Yea that’s bad. The league really needs to do something about the poor officiating.

Vee-Rex
07-13-2019, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5xy_54iRE

LMAO. That slow-motion Kawhi evil-laugh audio at the end of this was on point. Whoever made that deserves an award.

Vee-Rex
07-13-2019, 05:43 PM
I just realized that was from this game of zones episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTU8iRdwfGc

Classic!

buckalis
07-13-2019, 05:49 PM
LMAO. That slow-motion Kawhi evil-laugh audio at the end of this was on point. Whoever made that deserves an award.

yeah... It really humiliates the NBA doesn't it? I mean we are talking on a "bazzer" that was all illegal and caused to win the title instead of have been disqualified in the 2nd round...

No wonder why all refs suggested by the NBA to play in the FIBA World Championship have been cut... (ALL OF THEM!)

TrueFan420
07-13-2019, 05:52 PM

Classic!

I wonder what happens to the game of zones now that the show is over. That **** is mad funny. Wonder if the keep it going or find something else to do a rip off of.

buckalis
07-13-2019, 05:59 PM

Classic!

Excellent post!

smith&wesson
07-14-2019, 01:13 PM
yeah... It really humiliates the NBA doesn't it? I mean we are talking on a "bazzer" that was all illegal and caused to win the title instead of have been disqualified in the 2nd round...

No wonder why all refs suggested by the NBA to play in the FIBA World Championship have been cut... (ALL OF THEM!)

Nice camera angle 👍🏼 He bounces the ball before the 3rd step but you can’t see it because of that angle.

Also the score was tied. They woulda went to over time. Who knows what would have happened. You assume the raptors would lose ? Such a hater. I see nothings changed.

You went from “ No one can stop the Bucks” “best team in the league, bring on the warriors” to “oh look the refs missed a call and that’s why Toronto won.” Child please.

You know how many times Giannis gets away with a walk or gets sent to the free throw line on phantom calls ? You’re the last person that should say anything after an entire season of boasting about the Bucks only to watch them get handled on their home court.

smith&wesson
07-14-2019, 01:16 PM

Seen it. That whole series is jokes lol

KG2TB
07-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Nice camera angle [emoji1360] He bounces the ball before the 3rd step but you can’t see it because of that angle.

Also the score was tied. They woulda went to over time. Who knows what would have happened. You assume the raptors would lose ? Such a hater. I see nothings changed.

You went from “ No one can stop the Bucks” “best team in the league, bring on the warriors” to “oh look the refs missed a call and that’s why Toronto won.” Child please.

You know how many times Giannis gets away with a walk or gets sent to the free throw line on phantom calls ? You’re the last person that should say anything after an entire season of boasting about the Bucks only to watch them get handled on their home court.

Giannis travels all the time.

buckalis
07-14-2019, 01:28 PM
Nice camera angle 👍🏼 He bounces the ball before the 3rd step but you can’t see it because of that angle.

He never bounces the ball before his fifth step and after having traveled 20 feet of ground... Look at the other video that includes another take from a different camera... It's in the O/P... LOL.

aman_13
07-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Refs miss travel calls all the time. There is just no way the refs were going to call it at that moment. It wasn't even in the L2M report.

buckalis
07-14-2019, 02:02 PM

LOL... You obviously know very little on the rules of traveling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1b_wZF81X0

To be more specific... Here is what the latest additions to the rules as they've been agreed and signed by all different leagues (inc. the NBA) worldwide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=887WqI30HDc

Also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_(basketball)

basketball rules on traveling have never changed, the rules were re-phrased and signed during 2017 by an international committee that included NBA representation under the supervision of FIBA's referee Mr. Rigas so that there is clear understanding by refs all over the world on the rules of traveling...

Only one thing was altered and was added... that is "the first step before dribbling in transition" not to be violation was added in the rule book (it wasn't called be refs before, but it wasn't in the book)...

The rules were rephrased so that it would be easier for refs to fully understand them...

After his long experience Mr. Rigas (who has been the chief referee in 3 Olympic finals and another 3 World cup finals) realized that there was confusion between referees on what the pivot leg is...
Pivot leg is the one that is first on the floor after a player stops dribbling or gains possession...

The pivot leg can't be on the floor more than once, AFTER a player is taking steps towards the rim... It doesn't mean one step... it means two steps!

Therefore the rule was rephrased (and not altered) so that it makes it simple for referees to recognize a travel when it occurs...

In other words... A ref must only look watch which leg is the pivot leg and if he sees the same leg twice on the floor when the player moves without dribbling, that is a travel! If the payer touches the ground only once more with his (marked by the ref) pivot leg and then shoots, then there is no violation...

Here is another example of a perfectly legal move... (pivot leg when possessing, other leg, pivot leg once more and shoot...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtJLU_Def4

Yet, even the commentators and some players of the opponent are complaining, which caused Charles Barkley to explain the legacy of the move during the TV break...

buckalis
07-14-2019, 02:05 PM

To be more specific... Here is what the latest additions to the rules as they've been agreed and signed by all different leagues (inc. the NBA) worldwide:

Also:

Basketball rules on traveling have never changed, the rules were re-phrased and signed during 2017 by an international committee that included NBA representation under the supervision of FIBA's referee Mr. Rigas so that there is clear understanding by refs all over the world on the rules of traveling...

Only one thing was altered and was added... that is "the first step before dribbling in transition" not to be violation was added in the rule book (it wasn't called be refs before, but it wasn't in the book)...

The rules were rephrased so that it would be easier for refs to fully understand them...

After his long experience Mr. Rigas (who has been the chief referee in 3 Olympic finals and another 3 World cup finals) realized that there was confusion between referees on what the pivot leg is...

Pivot leg is the one that is first on the floor after a player stops dribbling or gains possession...

The pivot leg can't be on the floor more than once, AFTER a player is taking steps towards the rim... It doesn't mean one step... it means two steps!

Therefore the rule was rephrased (and not altered) so that it makes it simple for referees to recognize a travel when it occurs...

In other words... A ref must only look watch which leg is the pivot leg and if he sees the same leg twice on the floor when the player moves without dribbling, that is a travel! If the payer touches the ground only once more with his (marked by the ref) pivot leg and then shoots, then there is no violation...

Here is another example of a perfectly legal move... (pivot leg when possessing, other leg, pivot leg once more and shoot...):

Yet, even the commentators and some players of the opponent are complaining, which caused Charles Barkley to explain the legacy of the move during the TV break...

TrueFan420
07-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Refs miss travel calls all the time. There is just no way the refs were going to call it at that moment. It wasn't even in the L2M report.

I’m not particularly interested in this specific call but the that’s a horrible excuse. They miss it all the time... they shouldn’t be. They aren’t going to call it because of the moment... that’s even worse. I hate how the league is officiated. They need to make sweeping changes.

buckalis
07-14-2019, 02:18 PM
I’m not particularly interested in this specific call but the that’s a horrible excuse. They miss it all the time... they shouldn’t be. They aren’t going to call it because of the moment... that’s even worse. I hate how the league is officiated. They need to make sweeping changes.

Yeah... Basketball like every other game has a "book of rules"... A player that is traveling and not called is cheating on his opponents because he can't be guarded... It really goes down to that simple... Fake moves, fake super stars, fake championships... that simple!

smith&wesson
07-14-2019, 05:22 PM

Also:

Basketball rules on traveling have never changed, the rules were re-phrased and signed during 2017 by an international committee that included NBA representation under the supervision of FIBA's referee Mr. Rigas so that there is clear understanding by refs all over the world on the rules of traveling...

Are you really that bitter the bucks didn’t go to the finals that you pull these lame excuses ?

smith&wesson
07-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Yeah... Basketball like every other game has a "book of rules"... A player that is traveling and not called is cheating on his opponents because he can't be guarded... It really goes down to that simple... Fake moves, fake super stars, fake championships... that simple!

“Fake championship” wtf does that even mean

smith&wesson
07-14-2019, 05:25 PM

Facts!

aman_13
07-14-2019, 07:07 PM

I hear ya but it's not necessarily the travel call im referring to. The refs are going to leave it at the players' hands in those final seconds, especially with the season on the line. It's why so many players elect to go for the shot than driving towards the basket. Expecting the ref to call a travel at that point in the game when you could go back and count a dozen other missed ones is just unrealistic.

No question it's a travel, but i think it's telling that it wasn't mentioned in the L2M report.

One could argue that Kawhi did himself a disservice by not dribbling as soon as he established his pivot foot. He did not gain any ground going downhill with Embiid on his hip. Had Embiid not committed early on his contest, that shot had no chance of getting in the air. Even then, It was still an impossible looking shot and for Kawhi to have the wherewithal to add the arc and spin on to give it a chance at that moment when he's normally a straight line shooter, is incredible. He got a lucky bounce but there was plenty of skill behind it as well.

aman_13
07-14-2019, 07:09 PM
“Fake championship” wtf does that even mean

He's a troll. Those Bucks in 6 chants used to be fun eh.

goingfor28
07-14-2019, 07:24 PM
Lol that didn't even look that bad. By the time he established possession it looked like he started dribbling as his foot went down for his 3rd step.

What a dumb thread.

aman_13
07-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Honestly, i'm glad he posted the videos on it. It was nice to see one of the best game-winning shots in NBA history again. I don't think i've rewatched it enough.

TrueFan420
07-14-2019, 07:35 PM
I hear ya but it's not necessarily the travel call im referring to. The refs are going to leave it at the players' hands in those final seconds, especially with the season on the line. It's why so many players elect to go for the shot than driving towards the basket. Expecting the ref to call a travel at that point in the game when you could go back and count a dozen other missed ones is just unrealistic.

No question it's a travel, but i think it's telling that it wasn't mentioned in the L2M report.

One could argue that Kawhi did himself a disservice by not dribbling as soon as he established his pivot foot. He did not gain any ground going downhill with Embiid on his hip. Had Embiid not committed early on his contest, that shot had no chance of getting in the air. Even then, It was still an impossible looking shot and for Kawhi to have the wherewithal to add the arc and spin on to give it a chance at that moment when he's normally a straight line shooter, is incredible. He got a lucky bounce but there was plenty of skill behind it as well.

I don’t disagree and these things will happen. There’s no fixing human error and I’m ok with that. But the league seems to be ok with how things are. They’ll make changes then not enforce them after a month or two. They’ll call things one way for some and another for others. I’m so tired of superstar calls. I know the league isn’t perfect but them seem to only care out the bottom line (which as a business I get) but have lost sight of the game itself. They need to fix a lot and they can’t fix it all at once but if they at least tired I’d be more ok with it.

aman_13
07-14-2019, 07:40 PM
I don’t disagree and these things will happen. There’s no fixing human error and I’m ok with that. But the league seems to be ok with how things are. They’ll make changes then not enforce them after a month or two. They’ll call things one way for some and another for others. I’m so tired of superstar calls. I know the league isn’t perfect but them seem to only care out the bottom line (which as a business I get) but have lost sight of the game itself. They need to fix a lot and they can’t fix it all at once but if they at least tired I’d be more ok with it.

Yeah i agree, consistency is still missing and the officiating was really bad this past season.

TrueFan420
07-14-2019, 07:47 PM
Yeah i agree, consistency is still missing and the officiating was really bad this past season.

Consistency is definitely the largest issue. What’s scary bad to me tho is it isn’t game to game. I can understand that. Sometimes the ref needs to set the tone and call it that way. And one game might require something different than another. What gets me tho is it seems like they’ll change it’s from quarter to quarter or moment to moment. That’s partly why so many of the players lose it. It’s got to be mad frustrating. Time will see if they change it but I doubt it.

Vee-Rex
07-14-2019, 09:18 PM
Seen it. That whole series is jokes lol

Lol for real. That one episode with LeBron and AD secretly meeting in the tower and LeBron pushing Lonzo off and saying, "the things I do for rings" had me dying, man.

And the one with Carmelo joining the Rockets was funny too.

aman_13
07-14-2019, 09:47 PM
Consistency is definitely the largest issue. What’s scary bad to me tho is it isn’t game to game. I can understand that. Sometimes the ref needs to set the tone and call it that way. And one game might require something different than another. What gets me tho is it seems like they’ll change it’s from quarter to quarter or moment to moment. That’s partly why so many of the players lose it. It’s got to be mad frustrating. Time will see if they change it but I doubt it.

Yup, there are games where they allow teams to be physical and not call anything and then you can't touch anyone. It's strange at times and that's why fans become cynical.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

aman_13
07-14-2019, 09:48 PM
Lol for real. That one episode with LeBron and AD secretly meeting in the tower and LeBron pushing Lonzo off and saying, "the things I do for rings" had me dying, man.

And the one with Carmelo joining the Rockets was funny too.That scene is especially funny if you have watched game of thrones. They do a great job.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

buckalis
07-15-2019, 01:55 AM

The incidents of Kwahi travelling and not called in multiple cases and particularly this incident which has happened in the finals with coach Kerr entering the floor being out of his mind with another non called travel by Kwahi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJTugxYAPE

...caused the NBA board of governors to agree on a process called "the challenge system" that the NBA will be introducing for next season. During that process, a coach can challenge a false decision by the refs and have it reviewed...

Additionally there is an outside "spectator ref" introduced (like it already is on FIBA games) and added and the replay center will be able to enforce a reply at any time during the game...

https://official.nba.com/nba-board-of-governors-approves-coachs-challenge-and-use-of-nba-replay-center-to-initiate-instant-replay/

warfelg
07-15-2019, 08:35 AM
I’m a Sixers fan and it doesn’t bother me at all. Still made a hell of a shot. Don’t want him to hit it of be in that position? Play better earlier.

Rivera
07-15-2019, 09:28 AM
I agree with Buckalis ! I am so happy he is back I missed him :love:

R. Johnson#3
07-15-2019, 10:39 AM
lol @ Bucky.

Kawhi had a way better no call against the Warriors where he actually did a double hop step. I just find it funny how a guy with Giannis on his team is crying about no calls on travels.

smith&wesson
07-15-2019, 10:40 AM
He's a troll. Those Bucks in 6 chants used to be fun eh.

The same troll that use to troll 76ers fans... the irony isn’t lost on me.

smith&wesson
07-15-2019, 10:42 AM
lol @ Bucky.

The rest is self explanatory

buckalis
07-15-2019, 12:34 PM
lol @ Bucky.

Kawhi had a way better no call against the Warriors where he actually did a double hop step. I just find it funny how a guy with Giannis on his team is crying about no calls on travels.

Giannis rarely travels (perhaps once every two or three games) and when he does, it's a mistake, not intentional like with Kwahi...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=887WqI30HDc

Also:

The rules were rephrased (but not altered) so that it would be easier for refs to fully understand them...

pebloemer
07-15-2019, 12:45 PM
You could find missed calls practically every possession if you really want to in the NBA. As such the officiating is full of fallibility and inconsistencies. Anyone who has been a fan for any measure of time realizes this pretty quickly. I don't really get the point of this thread.

buckalis
07-15-2019, 12:58 PM
You could find missed calls practically every possession if you really want to in the NBA. As such the officiating is full of fallibility and inconsistencies. Anyone who has been a fan for any measure of time realizes this pretty quickly. I don't really get the point of this thread.

No you can't...

The point of the thread is that Kwahi's scoring of the buzzer in the 2nd round against the Sixers, is a consequence of an eye popping illegal activity...

It's not 3 steps (which would have been a violation of the rules) that Kwahi takes and is not called... It's five!... Yes! it's five foul steps he takes before he ever dribbles the ball...

Can you Imagine what would happen if every player starts playing basketball and travels in such an eye popping manner without ever being called?

Rivera
07-15-2019, 01:07 PM
Giannis rarely travels (perhaps once every two or three games) and when he does, it's a mistake, not intentional like with Kwahi...

Also:

The rules were rephrased (but not altered) so that it would be easier for refs to fully understand them...

get em Bucky! Spit that Knowledge!

goingfor28
07-15-2019, 05:35 PM
I would like to know who this "Kwahi" fellow is that keeps being mentioned...

Jeffy25
07-15-2019, 05:52 PM

Giannias does it too

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/giannis-antetokounmpo-travel-call-video/418495

R. Johnson#3
07-15-2019, 06:07 PM

Also:

I'm aware of the rules but there are times when he likes to take 2 or 3 steps in transition from dribble to gather. Like here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtZo6n15Cvg

But don't worry, it was totally a mistake as Giannis would never travel on purpose like bad guy Kawhi.

pebloemer
07-15-2019, 06:12 PM

For starters, when he catches the ball while both feet are in the air and simply lands, it isn't two steps.... it is landing. I don't even see the alleged 4th and 5th steps. This is among the most absurd threads I've seen in a decade on this forum. Good lord the millennial generation is going to kill me. Welcome to the ignore list. I'll have to learn to be more discerning which threads I click....

basch152
07-16-2019, 04:20 AM
For starters, when he catches the ball while both feet are in the air and simply lands, it isn't two steps.... it is landing. I don't even see the alleged 4th and 5th steps. This is among the most absurd threads I've seen in a decade on this forum. Good lord the millennial generation is going to kill me. Welcome to the ignore list. I'll have to learn to be more discerning which threads I click....

yeah. they're just salty as **** that they lost.

that wasn't even close to a 5 step travel. like you said, you dont count the feet you land on as steps when both are in the air.

****, that very concept is the ENTIRE premise of the dream shake. olajuwon always talks about how he'd catch a pass into the post while in the air so the defender would have no idea which foot is his pivot foot because it hasn't been established and it allowed olajuwon to do a plethora of moves.

in short, stop being whiny little *****es because the bucks got wrecked

buckalis
07-16-2019, 04:29 AM

You probably are watching a fiction video of your own... Kawhi possess the ball with his left foot (only) on the floor which it means his left foot becomes his pivot... His pivot leg is another three times on the floor before he ever dribbles the ball which only happens when his right leg is on the floor for a third time...

That's five steps of traveling by any count... Even if one tries to divert the conversation and alter the subject by arguing if his possession is with the left (which it is) or both the legs, the later would result in reducing the traveling steps he made to only... four! Stlll an eye popping travel of 20feet made without ever dribbling the ball by any rules book!

IKnowHoops
07-16-2019, 05:32 PM
The incidents of Kwahi travelling and not called in multiple cases and particularly this incident which has happened in the finals with coach Kerr entering the floor being out of his mind with another non called travel by Kwahi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJTugxYAPE

...caused the NBA board of governors to agree on a process called "the challenge system" that the NBA will be introducing for next season. During that process, a coach can challenge a false decision by the refs and have it reviewed...

Additionally there is an outside "spectator ref" introduced (like it already is on FIBA games) and added and the replay center will be able to enforce a reply at any time during the game...

https://official.nba.com/nba-board-of-governors-approves-coachs-challenge-and-use-of-nba-replay-center-to-initiate-instant-replay/

Kerr has been gifted a lot. That out of bounds on Durant was much worse than this non travel call.

This is lame and pathetic. Accept defeat. And Giannis travels, everyone travels. No reason to point this out when everyone is euro stepping everywhere. I remember seeing a pretty bad travel by Giannis so it all comes out in the wash my brotha. Russel Westbrook’s travel was legendary. D Wade/Jordan both have some pretty great ones as well.

goingfor28
07-16-2019, 06:44 PM
For starters, when he catches the ball while both feet are in the air and simply lands, it isn't two steps.... it is landing. I don't even see the alleged 4th and 5th steps. This is among the most absurd threads I've seen in a decade on this forum. Good lord the millennial generation is going to kill me. Welcome to the ignore list. I'll have to learn to be more discerning which threads I click....Thank you. Exactly how I saw it as well.

basch152
07-18-2019, 12:14 PM
You probably are watching a fiction video of your own... Kawhi possess the ball with his left foot (only) on the floor which it means his left foot becomes his pivot... His pivot leg is another three times on the floor before he ever dribbles the ball which only happens when his right leg is on the floor for a third time...

That's five steps of traveling by any count... Even if one tries to divert the conversation and alter the subject by arguing if his possession is with the left (which it is) or both the legs, the later would result in reducing the traveling steps he made to only... four! Stlll an eye popping travel of 20feet made without ever dribbling the ball by any rules book!

except, again, you're counting the feet he landed on as 2 steps, which is completely ****ing ridiculous.

buckalis
07-18-2019, 12:30 PM
except, again, you're counting the feet he landed on as 2 steps, which is completely ****ing ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is that you are talking about basketball, while you are a complete ignorant on the game's rules... He is not shooting after he got possession... he is dribbling! He therefore can he have NO (zero, null, none) steps at all...

To your info, in the game of basketball you can have two steps only before you shoot...

In a later addition to the rules book, a player can have a step before he dribbles, only if he is on open court (not guarded) and the ball is on the defense side of the court. (this was done to help the game accelerate when there is opportunity for a break)

As I predicted though, you will try to divert the subject to the number of steps he had (he had five alright - but I won't argue with you on the matter)... So it's two steps you only see... right?

OK... I agree with you (so that I can avoid you diverting the subject)... STILL AN EYE POPPING travel that a referee on an elementary school would call!

EDIT: Now... watch this video (you and all other ignorants on the game of basketball here) and learn the basics on the game of basketball!

basch152
07-18-2019, 10:54 PM
What is ridiculous is that you are talking about basketball, while you are a complete ignorant on the game's rules... He is not shooting after he got possession... he is dribbling! He therefore can he have NO (zero, null, none) steps at all...

To your info, in the game of basketball you can have two steps only before you shoot...

In a later addition to the rules book, a player can have a step before he dribbles, only if he is on open court (not guarded) and the ball is on the defense side of the court. (this was done to help the game accelerate when there is opportunity for a break)

As I predicted though, you will try to divert the subject to the number of steps he had (he had five alright - but I won't argue with you on the matter)... So it's two steps you only see... right?

OK... I agree with you (so that I can avoid you diverting the subject)... STILL AN EYE POPPING travel that a referee on an elementary school would call!

EDIT: Now... watch this video (you and all other ignorants on the game of basketball here) and learn the basics on the game of basketball!

my God you're hilariously delusional.

buckalis
07-19-2019, 06:29 AM
my God you're hilariously delusional.

Typical reaction of a troll when his pride is hurt and can't defend his position on the subject...

Chronz
07-19-2019, 07:43 PM
am i the only one who clicked this hoping it would be about KAJ's travel against the pistons in like 89?

basch152
07-20-2019, 09:44 PM
Typical reaction of a troll when his pride is hurt and can't defend his position on the subject...

not sure if troll or just stupid