PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

jericho
07-13-2019, 12:32 PM
So the last few moves we have going on are
Where does Chris Paul will land?
Will Miami get Beal and Wall?
Let's say that everything stays the same for now. What teams you think will be making the playoffs this season?
For me I'll say it no order.

East

Bucks
76ers
Celtics
Nets
Pacers
Pistons
Raptors
Knicks

West

Clippers
Lakers
Warriors
Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets
Spurs
Trailblazers

I do have the pelicans as a dark horse to make it in.

tredigs
07-13-2019, 01:02 PM
Pelicans will be exciting but they just have 0 chemistry and are too young to slide in effectively with that against them I think. Those should be the 8 in the West. Blazers with Nurkic (a seriously underrated player) likely higher than 8 but it will be one big cluster.

The end of the East playoffs are so hilarious. I was laughing at the Knicks choice until I realized "oh yeah, a 35 win team is going to make it there".

_Supreme_
07-13-2019, 01:07 PM
LMAO @ the Knicks making the playoffs :laugh:

jericho
07-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Pelicans will be exciting but they just have 0 chemistry and are too young to slide in effectively with that against them I think. Those should be the 8 in the West. Blazers with Nurkic (a seriously underrated player) likely higher than 8 but it will be one big cluster.

The end of the East playoffs are so hilarious. I was laughing at the Knicks choice until I realized "oh yeah, a 35 win team is going to make it there".

Miami with just Butler can see them missing it. And Orlando I think they over achieved. Knicks even tho they didn't add any major names they did at some solid vets. So I can see them squeezing in.

_Supreme_
07-13-2019, 01:15 PM
Knicks even tho they didn't add any major names they did at some solid vets. So I can see them squeezing in.

The Knicks will be fighting with Charlotte over worst team in the league. They aren't even going to sniff the playoffs.

jericho
07-13-2019, 01:19 PM
The Knicks will be fighting with Charlotte over worst team in the league. They aren't even going to sniff the playoffs.

I think they will surprise you this season.

NBA all the way
07-13-2019, 01:27 PM
I'll do no order too.

West

Clippers
Lakers
Warriors
Jazz
Nuggets
Blazers
Rockets
Spurs

East

Bucks
76ers
Pacers
Celtics
Nets
Raptors
Heat
Pistons

_Supreme_
07-13-2019, 01:30 PM
Dennis Smith and Julius Randle are the only two NBA-starter worthy players on their roster right now. Barrett should be too but he will have to prove it first. Ellington and Gibson are solid, but they are career backups. The rest of that roster is rubbish.

If they win more than 20 games that would indeed surprise me.

tredigs
07-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Dennis Smith and Julius Randle are the only two NBA-starter worthy players on their roster right now. Barrett should be too but he will have to prove it first. Ellington and Gibson are solid, but they are career backups. The rest of that roster is rubbish.

Year 2 Kevin Knox. We will see if RJ Barrett can bring anything. Elfrid Payton and Marcus Morris on the bench is solid. I mean run through the bottom of the East? A team that is 10 games under .500 is going to make the playoffs and they're a decent bet to be it.

TrueFan420
07-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Year 2 Kevin Knox. We will see if RJ Barrett can bring anything. Elfrid Payton and Marcus Morris on the bench is solid. I mean run through the bottom of the East? A team that is 10 games under .500 is going to make the playoffs and they're a decent bet to be it.

Donít forget about year 2 Mitch Robinson... he looks to be a good athletic defensive C.

_Supreme_
07-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Ten games under .500 is almost double their win total of last year. I don't think so, but we will see.

Also, if Kevin Durant is really out for the whole season Brooklyn could easily fall out of the playoffs. That roster is really thin behind Kyrie and Jordan.

jericho
07-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Ten games under .500 is almost double their win total of last year. I don't think so, but we will see.

Also, if Kevin Durant is really out for the whole season Brooklyn could easily fall out of the playoffs. That roster is really thin behind Kyrie and Jordan.

I do agree with that. I'm not the biggest Kyrie fan but the east sucks at the bottom. The only team I see from the outside looking in are the Heat and Knicks.

Iron24th
07-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Let's say that everything stays the same for now. What teams you think will be making the playoffs this season?

East

Bucks
76ers
Celtics
Nets
Pacers
Pistons
Raptors
Knicks

West

Clippers
Lakers
Warriors
Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets
Spurs
Trailblazers

Knicks????

tredigs
07-13-2019, 02:01 PM

Yeah thinking it through they are pretty terrible. It's just tough to find teams in the bottom couple slots that aren't. Maybe the Hawks slide in with 37 wins. Or the Magic again. Who cares honestly.

_Supreme_
07-13-2019, 02:01 PM
The same is definitely true for Miami. If the roster stays as it is right now the season will depend on how many games Butler misses and whether or not the potentials deliver + Dragic & Waiters come through.

Looking at last year's roster vs the rosters of Brooklyn/Charlotte/Orlando and even Detroit there should have been no way Miami finished behind them in the standings, but yet they did, Mainly by losing games they should have won earlier in the season. I am not taking anything for granted this upcoming season for sure.

tredigs
07-13-2019, 02:04 PM
I think the Jazz are the West 2 seed btw.

Clippers
Jazz
Nuggets
Lakers
Blazers
Warriors
Rockets
Spurs

tredigs
07-13-2019, 02:09 PM
PG: Conley
SG: Mitchell
SF: Ingles
PF: Bogdanovic
C: Gobert

Just a strong, solid 2 way starting lineup. Should win 50-55 games which is about as much as you can win in the West next year.

IKnowHoops
07-13-2019, 02:53 PM
PG: Conley
SG: Mitchell
SF: Ingles
PF: Bogdanovic
C: Gobert

Just a strong, solid 2 way starting lineup. Should win 50-55 games which is about as much as you can win in the West next year.

They wonít be better than the Lakers

tredigs
07-13-2019, 04:05 PM
They wonít be better than the Lakers

In the playoffs I would take the Lakers (would/will be close though) but reg season they will likely be better. Rondo and Cousins are not good. That's 2/5ths of the starting lineup. Danny Green is OK. Bench is OK. They're not that scary with an aging LeBron.

Bostonjorge
07-13-2019, 04:08 PM
Pelicans and Kings have some nice talent on them.

Pelicans

Favors/Hayes
Zion
Ingram
Holiday
Ball

Reddick
Hart
Okafor
Walker

Kings

Giles
Bagley
Barnes
Hield
Fox

Bogdan
Ariza
Joseph
Dedmon

Dade County
07-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Rockets
Clippers
Portland
Lakers
Portland
Utah
Denver
?

GS vs Clippers
Lakers vs Rockets

76ers
Boston
Bucks
HEAT
Nets
Pacers
Hawks
?

HEAT vs 76ers
Bucks vs Boston

NBA all the way
07-13-2019, 05:11 PM

Pelicans

Favors/Hayes
Zion
Ingram
Holiday
Ball

Reddick
Hart
Okafor
Walker

Kings

Giles
Bagley
Barnes
Hield
Fox

Bogdan
Ariza
Joseph
Dedmon
I think the Bulls have a nice squad, I just wonder if their youth will be an issue. Plus I don't know much about their head coach but he seems to cause waves.

White
LaVine
Porter
Markkanen
Carter Jr

Satoransky
Valentine
Hutchinson
Young
Kornet

Arcidiacono
Blakeney
Felicio

IKnowHoops
07-13-2019, 05:40 PM
In the playoffs I would take the Lakers (would/will be close though) but reg season they will likely be better. Rondo and Cousins are not good. That's 2/5ths of the starting lineup. Danny Green is OK. Bench is OK. They're not that scary with an aging LeBron.

Cousins came back a month early from a ruptured quad. Before that he was giving it to Jokic in a game still coming off an Achilles. Your offense doesnít suit his skills at all. By the time the season starts, he will be twice the player physically he ever was on GS by default. He will also be playing a style of b ball that is much better for him. GS just runs dudes off screens to get 3ís waiting for Klay or Steph to get open, and thatís only when Durant isnít Isoing.

Rondo is only good when heís got guys who can finish around him. Heís got that now.

Also

Bron
Green
Kuz
AD
Cousins (Healthy) is a lineup that canít be stopped

Aging Lebron? Heís still scary...27/7/7 again last year coasting on a team that quit due to trade rumors.

Lebron is about to prove you wrong again for the umpteenth time my friend. He will also be better than Steph this year as he is every year.

tredigs
07-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Cousins came back a month early from a ruptured quad. Before that he was giving it to Jokic in a game still coming off an Achilles. Your offense doesnít suit his skills at all. By the time the season starts, he will be twice the player physically he ever was on GS by default. He will also be playing a style of b ball that is much better for him. GS just runs dudes off screens to get 3ís waiting for Klay or Steph to get open, and thatís only when Durant isnít Isoing.

Rondo is only good when heís got guys who can finish around him. Heís got that now.

Also

Bron
Green
Kuz
AD
Cousins (Healthy) is a lineup that canít be stopped

Aging Lebron? Heís still scary...27/7/7 again last year coasting on a team that quit due to trade rumors.

Lebron is about to prove you wrong again for the umpteenth time my friend. He will also be better than Steph this year as he is every year.

I appreciate your passion cutty. Lebron is not it. He's turning 35. We age.

Tg11
07-13-2019, 09:06 PM
My teams 1-8 in both Conferences

East

1- Bucks
2- 76ers
3- Celtics
4- Nets
5- Pistons
6- Raptors
7- Heat
8- Magic

West

1- Clippers
2- Lakers
3- Warriors
4- Rockets
5- Blazers
6- Nuggets
7- Jazz
8- Spurs

east fb knicks
07-13-2019, 09:21 PM
Philly
Mil
Ind
Bos
Det
Orl
Mia
Atl or tor

Nug
Clips
Hou
Jazz
Lakers
Blazers
Kings
Spurs

NBA all the way
07-13-2019, 09:52 PM
My teams 1-8 in both Conferences

East

1- Bucks
2- 76ers
3- Celtics
4- Nets
5- Pistons
6- Raptors
7- Heat
8- Magic

West

1- Clippers
2- Lakers
3- Warriors
4- Rockets
5- Blazers
6- Nuggets
7- Jazz
8- Spurs

No Pacers?

NBA all the way
07-13-2019, 09:53 PM
Philly
Mil
Ind
Bos
Det
Orl
Mia
Atl or tor

Nug
Clips
Hou
Jazz
Lakers
Blazers
Kings
Spurs
No Warriors?

east fb knicks
07-13-2019, 10:00 PM
No Warriors?

Nah the west is tough no kd and klay missing most of the year is going to be to much of an obstacle to overcome

I also forgot they lost iggy

NBA all the way
07-13-2019, 10:03 PM
Nah the west is tough no kd and klay missing most of the year is going to be to much of an obstacle to overcome
I disagree, but I can respect it.

If Steph's workload proves to be too much and he goes down, then I tend to agree.

IKnowHoops
07-13-2019, 10:06 PM
I appreciate your passion cutty. Lebron is not it. He's turning 35. We age.

Player, youíve been on that same ish for 5 years. And every year in the playoffs, he proves you wrong. Heís still the best combination of size, speed, strength, skill and hops in this league.

BSF101
07-13-2019, 10:39 PM
Now Iím gonna base each teams chances on %
East
1) Bucks 96% They will be better then last yr

2) Celtics 90% New additions but will struggle at first but will find a way to get things going

3) Nets 77% Kyrie and Jordan will carry them to the playoffs but wonít be easy with KD out

4) 76ers 70% Big AL Horford will struggle but it all works out

5) Magic 55% Could be a sleeper team?

6) Pacers 50% Not the same old Pacers as a few yrs ago but somehow they make it work

7) Raptors 40% Now that Leonardís gone the Raptors hang on by a thread barely though

8) Pistons 25% Just donít see to much for this team sorry Piston fans.

West

1) Warriors 95% Even with Durant gone the Warriors are like the Patriots of the NBA

2) Lakers 90% With Lebron and Davis running things they will give the Warriors a run for their money.

3) Rockets 83% Now that Harden and Westbrook are teammates again can they coexist?

4) Clippers 75% Even with Leonard on the team he will have to carry them but donít worry
they find a way to make the Playoffs

5) Trailblazers 67% It seems like no matter how hard they try they always come up short
maybe this is their yr? Keyword is maybe.

6) Nuggets 65% My sleeper team in the west

7) Jazz 50% I see them winning enough games to get in the Playoffs but I wonít be surprised if they miss them.

8) Pelicans 40% I know what your gonna say the Pelicans? Yes even with Zion Williamson they will get in but will likely only win 2 games in the first round.

Now if I had to pick the Finals?

Bucks vs Lakers which pains me to say since Iím a Celtics fan but I have to go based on talent. So my NBA finals prediction

Bucks 95%.
Lakers 88%

Winner the Bucks @ 95% at winning the NBA finals for the 2019-2020 season. Now why not the Lakers? I just donít see them winning more then 1 or 2 NBA finals games.

Please letís keep this respectful its just some of my fun predictions.

crewfan13
07-13-2019, 11:26 PM

Yea I could see one or more of teams like Utah, Denver and actually maybe even Portland putting together really good regular seasons and maybe getting a 1 or 2 seed with both LA teams, GS and probably houston doing more rest daya for stars.

tredigs
07-14-2019, 12:25 AM
Player, youíve been on that same ish for 5 years. And every year in the playoffs, he proves you wrong. Heís still the best combination of size, speed, strength, skill and hops in this league.

:laugh: What playoffs? He's been passed son.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2019, 01:01 AM
:laugh: What playoffs? He's been passed son.

I love Lebron james but even id go Giannis/KL/Healthy Durant over him at this point in the playoffs..... Curry and Embiid are wildcards... Embiid if he gets in shape and if curry smacks us all with his dick this year and still has a 30/7/6 on 90/50/40 type ****.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2019, 01:02 AM
I feel like the knicks could make the playoffs this year as well.... they are bad but signed some people that could really help them. It will be close but we are talking about 33-37 wins getting into the playoffs for the 7th and 8th seed

CityofTreez
07-14-2019, 01:44 AM

Player?
Bron bout to bring a title to Toontown lol

I thought you were a Cavs fan simp?

smith&wesson
07-14-2019, 03:56 AM

East

Bucks
76ers
Celtics
Nets
Pacers
Pistons
Raptors
Knicks

West

Clippers
Lakers
Warriors
Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets
Spurs
Trailblazers

Take Knicks out and one of the Florida teams in

hugepatsfan
07-14-2019, 10:03 AM
Why do people think the East is gonna to have a significantly below 500 team in the playoffs? The pistons at exactly 500 were the 8 seed last year.

Standings in order were:

MIL
TOR
PHI
BOS
IND
BRK
ORL 42-40
DET 41-41

I donít think anyone expects those top 6 to be al the way below 500 this year.

I can see ORL being worse because it felt they got a little lucky. DET seems mostly the same. MIA (39-43) seems like a good bet to improve a bit to 500 though.

The bottom of the east is definitely weaker than the west but people putting a 33 win team in is just absurdity.

NBA all the way
07-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Why do people think the East is gonna to have a significantly below 500 team in the playoffs? The pistons at exactly 500 were the 8 seed last year.

Standings in order were:

MIL
TOR
PHI
BOS
IND
BRK
ORL 42-40
DET 41-41

I donít think anyone expects those top 6 to be al the way below 500 this year.

I can see ORL being worse because it felt they got a little lucky. DET seems mostly the same. MIA (39-43) seems like a good bet to improve a bit to 500 though.

The bottom of the east is definitely weaker than the west but people putting a 33 win team in is just absurdity.

The lowest win total to make the playoffs in the modern era of the NBA was the Celtics with 36 wins in the 2004 playoffs.

I guess they just assume the top half of the league will be that dominat and smack around that one team so much they just end up limping into the playoffs by default.

tredigs
07-14-2019, 10:48 AM
I love Lebron james but even id go Giannis/KL/Healthy Durant over him at this point in the playoffs..... Curry and Embiid are wildcards... Embiid if he gets in shape and if curry smacks us all with his dick this year and still has a 30/7/6 on 90/50/40 type ****.
So normal numbers for him? It's hilarious how you (and most) don't comprehend what a monster he is.

What do you actually think his numbers will look like?

His average per-36 numbers over the past 4 years are 29.5/6/7 on 49/43/91 (62% TS). Playoffs 27/6/6 on a 62% TS in that span.

aman_13
07-14-2019, 12:31 PM

I also forgot they lost iggyThe Warriors may be human going forward but with a healthy Klay, don't count them out in any future bracket. They should be really good.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

aman_13
07-14-2019, 12:35 PM
It's been a while since the Raptors haven't been penciled in the top 4. Not sure where they finish but some of the takes I've read on them from some what here and mostly other places have been amusing.

TrueFan420
07-14-2019, 04:01 PM
It's been a while since the Raptors haven't been penciled in the top 4. Not sure where they finish but some of the takes I've read on them from some what here and mostly other places have been amusing.

Where do you think they stack up against the east?

IKnowHoops
07-14-2019, 05:27 PM
Player?
Bron bout to bring a title to Toontown lol

I thought you were a Cavs fan simp?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IKnowHoops
07-14-2019, 05:29 PM
Iím just going to watch it happen and then come collect my scalps

aman_13
07-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Where do you think they stack up against the east?

They won't be a bottom seed. I can see them finishing anywhere in the top 5. As long as Lowry and Gasol are still hungry for it, and their competitive nature suggests they will be, i don't see them being fun for any team. They will still be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, and will still be one of the best ball moving teams in the league. The only thing that will get in the way is injuries. Although they have gotten younger, they are still a veteran team.

If there is a concern, it's the overall efficiency they lost from losing Kawhi and Green but they may have some viable solutions going forward to compensate for Green's absence.

hugepatsfan
07-14-2019, 11:05 PM
I agree that TOR will be superb defensively. I think that their offense will be putrid though. Lowry and Gasol are at an age where regardless of how competitive they are you expect them to get worse each year,

I really like Spicy P as a player but I think heís going to flounder in the role as a #1 scorer. Itís just not his skill set from what I see.

I have a lot of respect for their players and definitely agree they wonít be fun to play with that defense. Just donít see the consistent scoring ability to be great. I could see them as high as the 3 seed if all goes well for them and things go bad for some other teams but could also see them at 500 which puts them probably at 7/8 seed.

bostncelts34
07-15-2019, 02:46 PM
East:

1.MIL
2.Philly
3.Boston
4. ind
5. BKN
6-8....Detroit, Orl, Miami,NYK,TOR

Those last few seeds are a crapshoot

West:

1.LAC
2.LAL
3.Hous
4.Denver
5.Utah
6.Portland
7. warriors (seeding due to injury to Klay)
8. Spurs/Kings/NOP

cheetos185
07-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Yeah thinking it through they are pretty terrible. It's just tough to find teams in the bottom couple slots that aren't. Maybe the Hawks slide in with 37 wins. Or the Magic again. Who cares honestly.Knicks success will be largely dependent on DSJ and RJ if this two can coexist and DSJ takes that next step like Dlo did then I can see them having chance.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-15-2019, 06:59 PM

Pelicans

Favors/Hayes
Zion
Ingram
Holiday
Ball

Reddick
Hart
Okafor
Walker

Kings

Giles
Bagley
Barnes
Hield
Fox

Bogdan
Ariza
Joseph
Dedmon

For the first time in 15 years, the Kings are relevant and I'm pumped about it. Most people still aren't projecting the Kings to make the playoffs and that's totally fair given how deep the West is, but this is a young team on the rise. They were competitive all year last season and lost a ton of really tight games against playoff teams last year. I know they only won 39 games, but the potential is there for a significant breakout if they can find a way to just put it all together and win those close games.

There is always the potential for regression or just staying where they were at last year, but that young core is exciting and there is so much upside there. Wouldn't shock me if they made the playoffs. Just don't ask me whose place they would take lol. If I had to guess though, it would be the Warriors just because their floor is lower than the other Western Conference playoffs teams.

For the Pels, they really are super deep. I think they are a year away, but who knows. They might surprise people.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-15-2019, 07:08 PM
I disagree, but I can respect it.

If Steph's workload proves to be too much and he goes down, then I tend to agree.

Truth is, nobody knows what the Warriors are gonna do this year. Everyone is just guessing.

I'll say this though... for all those people saying that Steph is too good to miss the playoffs, Lebron was supposed to be too good to miss the playoffs. This is the West and Steph doesn't have a deep roster of proven players around him. Him and D-LO together, we'll see how it works. They'll need some other unproven guys to play well and Draymond will probably have to take on some more scoring responsibility this year. IMO, Klay won't come back until after the All-Star break. They won't rush him back just to try to be a 7th or 8th seed if that's how the season is going. The Warriors don't need to make the playoffs. They've been to the finals 5 straight years and have won 3 of them. They won't risk the long term health of Klay who they just signed to a 5 year max just to sneak into the playoffs this year. So if things are going well and they are on the outside looking in, there is no way they are gonna rush Klay back just to make a push for the playoffs. They don't need it and will probably just super conservative with working Klay back into the fold. Hell, they'll be conservative with him no matter what, even if they are playing really well. No good reason for them to put there eggs all into this season. For this reason, I think there is a very good chance that Klay just sits out for most of the season.

And do they really want to push Curry so hard this year? He's 31 years old and has an injury history. I think there is a good chance they take it somewhat easy with him too, especially if it becomes clear early in the season that they don't have a realistic chance to truly contend in the West.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-15-2019, 07:24 PM
I think the Bulls have a nice squad, I just wonder if their youth will be an issue. Plus I don't know much about their head coach but he seems to cause waves.

White
LaVine
Porter
Markkanen
Carter Jr

Satoransky
Valentine
Hutchinson
Young
Kornet

Arcidiacono
Blakeney
Felicio

Weíll play underdog, Iím cool with that. We actually played above .500 ball after the Porter trade, and that was without Carter. Iím not concerned about Boylen, the players seem to respect him.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-15-2019, 08:04 PM
Weíll play underdog, Iím cool with that. We actually played above .500 ball after the Porter trade, and that was without Carter. Iím not concerned about Boylen, the players seem to respect him.

Otto Porter was nice for Chicago. Nice little buy low there. Yeah I know the contract is big, but looking around the league, a lot of guys like him have big contracts.

Bulls are building something there. Might just be too young though, but in the East I won't rule them out. The 7 and 8 seed are there for the taking.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-15-2019, 08:17 PM
Otto Porter was nice for Chicago. Nice little buy low there. Yeah I know the contract is big, but looking around the league, a lot of guys like him have big contracts.

Bulls are building something there. Might just be too young though, but in the East I won't rule them out. The 7 and 8 seed are there for the taking.

I know all the non-Bulls fans are just looking at last seasonís 22-win total, but they wonít realize that was due to a starting lineup that included Jabari Parker and Justin Holiday for the first half of the season + the whole fiasco with Hoiberg and then Boylen trying to win the team over, and no Markannen and Porter.

Weíre all excited for next season and how much Lavine and Markannen can progress towards becoming all stars.

Cal827
07-15-2019, 08:37 PM
East:

Milwaukee
Philly
Boston
Indiana
Orlando
Toronto
Miami
Brooklyn

West:
LAC
Portland
LAL
Denver
Houston
Golden State
Utah
San Antonio

Also on the Raptor comments, I feel like the Raptors are gonna turn into the Grizzlies of the East (from the mid 2010s).. Excellent, grind it out defense, but lacking offensively... I feel they'll end up anywhere between 3-6, but probably be a 1st or 2nd round knockout depending on who they play

TylerSL
07-16-2019, 02:53 AM
With things as they are now, I'll say this will be the standings

East
1. Philadelphia 62-20
2. Milwaukee 57-25
3. Indiana 53-29
4. Boston 52-30
5. Brooklyn 48-34
6. Miami 46-36
7. Toronto 45-37
8. Detroit 42-40

9. Orlando 38-44
10. Atlanta 35-47
11. Washington 31-51
12 New York 28-54
13. Chicago Bulls 25-57
14. Cleveland Cavaliers 18-64
15. Charlotte Hornets 14-68

West
1. Los Angeles Clippers 64-18
2. Los Angeles Lakers 58-24
3. Houston Rockets 57-25
4. Denver Nuggets 53-29
5. Golden State Warriors 51-31
6. Portland Trail Blazers 49-33
7. Utah Jazz 48-34
8. San Antonio Spurs 45-37

9. Dallas Mavericks 42-40
10. New Orleans Pelicans 39-43
11. Sacramento Kings 34-48
12. Minnesota Timberwolves 28-54
13. Phoenix Suns 23-59
14. Oklahoma City Thunder 20-62
15. Memphis Grizzlies 18-64

TylerSL
07-16-2019, 03:05 AM
Miami with just Butler can see them missing it. And Orlando I think they over achieved. Knicks even tho they didn't add any major names they did at some solid vets. So I can see them squeezing in.

The Knicks won 17 games last year, Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, and Taj Gibson aren't going to make them a playoff team.

TylerSL
07-16-2019, 03:06 AM
East:

Milwaukee
Philly
Boston
Indiana
Orlando
Toronto
Miami
Brooklyn

West:
LAC
Portland
LAL
Denver
Houston
Golden State
Utah
San Antonio

Also on the Raptor comments, I feel like the Raptors are gonna turn into the Grizzlies of the East (from the mid 2010s).. Excellent, grind it out defense, but lacking offensively... I feel they'll end up anywhere between 3-6, but probably be a 1st or 2nd round knockout depending on who they play

That's really high for Orlando.

rhino17
07-16-2019, 03:14 AM
WEST:
1) Clippers
2) Rockets
3) Warriors
4) Lakers
5) Nuggets
6) Blazers
7) Jazz
8) Spurs

EAST:
1) Bucks
2) Sixers
3) Celtics
4) Pacers
5) Raptors
6) Pistons
7) Nets
8) Magic

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-16-2019, 09:13 AM
With things as they are now, I'll say this will be the standings

East
1. Philadelphia 62-20
2. Milwaukee 57-25
3. Indiana 53-29
4. Boston 52-30
5. Brooklyn 48-34
6. Miami 46-36
7. Toronto 45-37
8. Detroit 42-40

9. Orlando 38-44
10. Atlanta 35-47
11. Washington 31-51
12 New York 28-54
13. Chicago Bulls 25-57
14. Cleveland Cavaliers 18-64
15. Charlotte Hornets 14-68

West
1. Los Angeles Clippers 64-18
2. Los Angeles Lakers 58-24
3. Houston Rockets 57-25
4. Denver Nuggets 53-29
5. Golden State Warriors 51-31
6. Portland Trail Blazers 49-33
7. Utah Jazz 48-34
8. San Antonio Spurs 45-37

9. Dallas Mavericks 42-40
10. New Orleans Pelicans 39-43
11. Sacramento Kings 34-48
12. Minnesota Timberwolves 28-54
13. Phoenix Suns 23-59
14. Oklahoma City Thunder 20-62
15. Memphis Grizzlies 18-64

I feel like youíre extremely misinformed regarding the Bulls roster if you think theyíre gonna win only 25 games and be worse than the Knicks.

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 09:23 AM
Anyone who doesnít have Miami in the playoffs needs to deactivate their account.

NBA all the way
07-16-2019, 09:30 AM
I feel like youíre extremely misinformed regarding the Bulls roster if you think theyíre gonna win only 25 games and be worse than the Knicks.

Bulls most likely can make the playoffs, the back end of the East is a toss up.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-16-2019, 10:50 AM
Anyone who doesnít have Miami in the playoffs needs to deactivate their account.

You guys are overrating your team. Butler isnít really that great.

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 11:19 AM
You guys are overrating your team. Butler isnít really that great.

Yes he is, his impact on the game is elite and I know you saw him dominate the playoffs. Youíre just bitter about him being gone because he was mean to the ďyoung guysĒ who are either gone now too or are terrible players.

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 11:20 AM
Injuries kept the Heat out of the playoffs last year. As long as theyíre healthy theyíll be the 5th seed at worst.

jericho
07-16-2019, 11:34 AM
The Knicks won 17 games last year, Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, and Taj Gibson aren't going to make them a playoff team.

And Jimmy alone is going to get you 46 wins?

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 11:56 AM
And Jimmy alone is going to get you 46 wins?

Jimmy and better health. We missed Dragic JRich and Winslow for huge chunks of last season

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 11:57 AM
Miami will get close to 50 as is, Pat Riley is still looking to add a star. Weíll be a top 10 defensive team for sure, Iíll be kind of shocked if weíre not top 5.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-16-2019, 12:11 PM
LMFAO delusional Heat fans.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Yes he is, his impact on the game is elite and I know you saw him dominate the playoffs. Youíre just bitter about him being gone because he was mean to the ďyoung guysĒ who are either gone now too or are terrible players.

Not even close to bitter. Heís been traded twice now and Philly decided to let him walk. There must be a common denominator here. Just wait until a losing streak starts and watch him go full diva on Spoelstra and the younger players..lol

We got a nice haul for him and are in a better position going forward.

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Not even close to bitter. Heís been traded twice now and Philly decided to let him walk. There must be a common denominator here. Just wait until a losing streak starts and watch him go full diva on Spoelstra and the younger players..lol

We got a nice haul for him and are in a better position going forward.

Heís in the place he wants to be by his choice for the first time in his career. He demanded a trade from Minnesota and Philly didnít choose to let him walk lmao he left on his own free will. Youíre bitter. Chicago fans are the worst and Chicagoís management is the worst so itís fitting. Keep being delusional though.

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 12:24 PM
LMFAO delusional Heat fans.

Explain which parts are delusional

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 01:06 PM

Oh and we were without Dion for majority of the season who led the team during a 30-11 stretch the last time he was fully healthy. Looks like heís in great shape. 5th seed at worst at full health. Iíll leave a little wiggle room for the Pacers and Nets delusions going on in here for whatever reason.

valade16
07-16-2019, 01:29 PM
I mean is "Miami is a lock for the playoffs" that delusional?

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-16-2019, 01:31 PM
The East is weak, but it's a stretch to say Miami is a lock. I ultimately do think they will get in though. On paper they are a top 8 team in the East IMO.

rhino17
07-16-2019, 01:34 PM
I think Miami is a below .500 team that maybe could sneak into a 7-8 seed. But I would still bet on no playoffs

HowFit
07-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Miami will get close to 50 as is, Pat Riley is still looking to add a star. Weíll be a top 10 defensive team for sure, Iíll be kind of shocked if weíre not top 5.

Seriously?

SteBO
07-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Miami barely missed it last year via tiebreak with a worse roster and significant injuries. It's a joke to suggest that Miami isn't a playoff team with Butler. They're a 7/8 seed at worst.

Iron24th
07-16-2019, 02:33 PM
West:
LAC
LAL
Hou
Den
Por
Utah
GS
SA

East:
Mil
Phi
BK
Ind
Tor
Bos
Orl
Det

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 03:35 PM
Seriously?

Iím dead serious. They just added a top defender in the league in butler and bam is afar superior defender than Whiteside and he starts now. Theyíre bascially always top 10 as it is as you see in the above tweet.

Yíall think I just talk out of my ***, I have reasoning behind everything I say on here.

I will definitely be bringing this thread back up after seeing so much ignorance in here so let me get my takes off real quick.

This is all if they remain relatively healthy throughout the year:

1. Miami will win close to 50 games
2. Miami will finish 5-6 seed at the very worst
3. Miami will have a top 10 defense, Iím thinking possibly even top 5

IKnowHoops
07-16-2019, 04:42 PM
Truth is, nobody knows what the Warriors are gonna do this year. Everyone is just guessing.

I'll say this though... for all those people saying that Steph is too good to miss the playoffs, Lebron was supposed to be too good to miss the playoffs. This is the West and Steph doesn't have a deep roster of proven players around him. Him and D-LO together, we'll see how it works. They'll need some other unproven guys to play well and Draymond will probably have to take on some more scoring responsibility this year. IMO, Klay won't come back until after the All-Star break. They won't rush him back just to try to be a 7th or 8th seed if that's how the season is going. The Warriors don't need to make the playoffs. They've been to the finals 5 straight years and have won 3 of them. They won't risk the long term health of Klay who they just signed to a 5 year max just to sneak into the playoffs this year. So if things are going well and they are on the outside looking in, there is no way they are gonna rush Klay back just to make a push for the playoffs. They don't need it and will probably just super conservative with working Klay back into the fold. Hell, they'll be conservative with him no matter what, even if they are playing really well. No good reason for them to put there eggs all into this season. For this reason, I think there is a very good chance that Klay just sits out for most of the season.

And do they really want to push Curry so hard this year? He's 31 years old and has an injury history. I think there is a good chance they take it somewhat easy with him too, especially if it becomes clear early in the season that they don't have a realistic chance to truly contend in the West.

To be fair, if Bron doesnít get hurt, the Lakers pretty easily make the playoffs last year. It took him missing a like 20 games and the whole team quitting because they were in trade rumors

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Lol

tredigs
07-16-2019, 05:49 PM
To be fair, if Bron doesnít get hurt, the Lakers pretty easily make the playoffs last year. It took him missing a like 20 games and the whole team quitting because they were in trade rumors

You can keep saying this, but it doesn't make it any more true. They had a 58% win% before he went down, which is what the Clips had as the 8 seed. They also had their toughest stretch of the year to close. They were never a lock to make the playoffs and it damn sure would not have been easy. Ultimately it was losing Ingram (who was absolutely balling after a slow start) to the blood clot that cost them their chance at it. There's no room for error in the West. In 7 years with AD and/or Jrue + Gordon the Pels have made the playoffs twice (and barely so).

NBA all the way
07-16-2019, 06:16 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say the Heat should make the playoffs. Butler drug the Bulls and the Wolves to the playoffs, he should be able to do the same with the Heat.

Oakmont_4
07-16-2019, 06:37 PM
East
1. Milwaukee- I think theyíre worse than last season but Giannis is the best player in the conference and he still has a very solid, competent cast around them.

2. Philadelphia- Iím still interested to see how Horford will fit in. They have a very talented top 5. But how they fit and their depth is concerning. They may drop down to #3 or 4 if things donít fit right or Embiid/Horford have injuries.

3. Boston - the Cís also took a step back. I think Kemba will be a much better fit over Kyrie but we canít overlook the loss of Horford. Kanter is a nice add but still a significant drop off - mostly defensively.

4. Indiana - they may start out slow not having Olidipo to start. But ultimately I think they upgraded their roster. Indiana will be a dangerous team late in the year if Dipo returns to form

5. Brooklyn- theyíve upgraded certainly but I think theyíre getting overrated a bit. KD wonít be there for 2019. Kyrie over DLO alone is a net drop off on the court. IMO of course. I do like the rest of their roster however. But Kyrie gonna Kyrie and I wonít bet on him to lead this team without KD better than DLO did.

6. Miami - Miami is getting underrated a bit right now. They were a playoff team last season and added Butler who at this point is a better player than Wade. Bam and Winslow I expect will make significant steps forward and Dragic along with the rest of their depth - theyíre a solid team. Jimmy is a good player but not a #1 so theyíll be good but not great.

7. Toronto - losing Kawhi will knock any team down the ladder. But in a weak East, Toronto will still be a playoff team. They have quality vets, depth and a rising player in Siakam.

8. Orlando- a young team that still has a lot to figure out. But they have talent and have been improving. I expect thatíll continue and result in another playoff birth.

West
1. Clippers - LAL hit the jackpot in Free Agency. They have solid organizational structure, coaching and depth around 2 top 8 NBA stars. This team is very good.

2. Lakers- Adding AD and a healthy LeBron returning makes them legitimate contenders alone. Not crazy about the team around them but they do have some solid players - just not sure how they fit together - but LBJ and AD are so talented it probably wonít even matter.

3. Utah- if it werenít for LA making waives with big name acquisitions, Utah quietly had one of the best offseason in the NBA. This team will be really, really good.

4. Denver- Running it back with a very good young roster. I expect this team will continue to grow and be an outside contender in the west for a second straight year.

5. Portland- Lillard and McCollum are the second best backcourt in the NBA. When they get healthy I expect theyíll be a team most donít want to play round 1. I think theyíre still a player away from truly contending though.

6. Houston- I donít know that I love the Harden Westbrook duo, but on star power and coaching alone theyíre always a threat. I doubt they can get over the hum with the 2 LAs boasting better stars and deeper rosters.

7. Golden State- losing KD, Thompson, Iguadalu will certainly take any team down the latter. They still have Curry, DLO and Green so theyíll be good, and in the playoffs. On any given night Curry can go off and beat you but I doubt thatís enough over the entire course of the playoffs.

8. San Antonio- the roster isnít what it once was. But they have enough talent, coaching and scheming to sneak into the playoffs.

beasted86
07-16-2019, 07:13 PM
Why are Pacers so high?

Isn't Oladipo going to be out to start preseason/regular season? He's coming back shaking the rust off during the season if I'm not mistaken. Lack of chemistry with high roster turnover.... At best they are a bottom 3 team if everyone puts it together perfectly.

Oakmont_4
07-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Why are Pacers so high?

Isn't Oladipo going to be out to start preseason/regular season? He's coming back shaking the rust off during the season if I'm not mistaken. Lack of chemistry with high roster turnover.... At best they are a bottom 3 team if everyone puts it together perfectly.

Yeah, Olidipo is projected to be back around DEC/JAN. Which gives him 3-4 months to get back into shape. Itís doable.

But theyíve added some very nice pieces in Brogdon, Warren and Lamb. McConnell is a solid backup PG.

They did lose Bojan, Young and Collison but I like what theyíve added better than what they lost.

Theyíre in a weak division with really only Milwaukee to contend with. They have a very solid front court with Turner and Sabonis. Who are both still improving. And a Brogdon and Olidipo backcourt is fantastic if Dipo returns to 90% of what what he was.

Underrated team. Itís fair to question Olidipo and what heíll be coming back from injury. But I think heíll be fine by the playoffs. If you disagree, thatís fine. And if youíre right, theyíd likely be a 7-8 seed at best. But assuming best case scenario they should have homecourt advantage round 1

HeartOfStarks
07-16-2019, 07:39 PM

I donít think the Knicks are making the playoffs either but Iím guessing we win closer to 30 games. And you may want to familiarize yourself with Mitch Robinson. A name the league may be hearing more of this season and beyond.

beasted86
07-16-2019, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Olidipo is projected to be back around DEC/JAN. Which gives him 3-4 months to get back into shape. Itís doable.

But theyíve added some very nice pieces in Brogdon, Warren and Lamb. McConnell is a solid backup PG.

They did lose Bojan, Young and Collison but I like what theyíve added better than what they lost.

Theyíre in a weak division with really only Miami to contend with. They have a very solid front court with Turner and Sabonis. Who are both still improving. And a Brogdon and Olidipo backcourt is fantastic if Dipo returns to 90% of what what he was.

Underrated team. Itís fair to question Olidipo and what heíll be coming back from injury. But I think heíll be fine by the playoffs. If you disagree, thatís fine. And if youíre right, theyíd likely be a 7-8 seed at best. But assuming best case scenario they should have homecourt advantage round 1

I would instead wager 0% chance they are a top 4 seed even with the best case scenario. That would mean they finish with a better record than last season. Warren is a career empty stats player and is a negative defensively or creating for others. Lamb has never helped a team make the playoffs. Nobody that they added can create offense. Brogdon is not going to be efficient running offense as the starting PG. That means they'll have no playmaker or go-to scorer for a good section of the season.

Best case is they finish with 45 wins which is not good enough for 4th.

beasted86
07-16-2019, 07:49 PM
And BTW, I was talking to everyone not just you specifically about Indiana.

I saw complete craziness like 53 wins.

Imagine TJ Warren as the goto guy on a 53 win team for a quarter of the season.... I don't think people see the same train wreck waiting that I see. We'll also see how hungry Brogdon is in a non-contract year.

Oakmont_4
07-16-2019, 08:36 PM
And BTW, I was talking to everyone not just you specifically about Indiana.

I saw complete craziness like 53 wins.

Imagine TJ Warren as the goto guy on a 53 win team for a quarter of the season.... I don't think people see the same train wreck waiting that I see. We'll also see how hungry Brogdon is in a non-contract year.

Indiana won 48 games last year and that was with Olidipo for only the first half of the season.

Theyíre now playing in an Eastern Conference where every team ahead of them took losses this offseason. I donít think MIL or PHI will win as many games as they did last year. BOS got worse. TOR got significantly worse.

I have Indiana winning about 48-50 games this year. That factors a weaker competition in the East and essentially gaining Olidipo back... Plus a highly efficient and good defender in Brogdon who I view as an upgrade as a #2 option over Bojan. Warren and Lamb should be better than if not equal to what Young and Collison gave in reserve roles. And continued improvement from Turner and Sabonis.

beasted86
07-16-2019, 09:22 PM
Indiana won 48 games last year and that was with Olidipo for only the first half of the season.

Theyíre now playing in an Eastern Conference where every team ahead of them took losses this offseason. I donít think MIL or PHI will win as many games as they did last year. BOS got worse. TOR got significantly worse.

I have Indiana winning about 48-50 games this year. That factors a weaker competition in the East and essentially gaining Olidipo back... Plus a highly efficient and good defender in Brogdon who I view as an upgrade as a #2 option over Bojan. Warren and Lamb should be better than if not equal to what Young and Collison gave in reserve roles. And continued improvement from Turner and Sabonis.

Hey that's fine if you feel that. Maybe I'm the one off base, but I don't see it at all. I don't do sig bets or any of that nonsense, but just remember this convo in your memory bank. Indiana is more likely to miss the playoffs than come within 5 games of 50 wins. I see them as a 40 win team and finishing 9th.

You don't turnover your main rotation that much with so many guys from perennial losing teams.

Tg11
07-16-2019, 09:44 PM
East

1- Sixers
2- Bucks
3- Pacers
4- Celtics
5- Nets
6- Raptors
7- Heat
8- Magic

West

1- Clippers
2- Lakers
3- Rockets
4- Warriors
5- Nuggets
6- Trail Blazers
7- Jazz
8- Spurs

Playoff match ups (East)

1- Sixers vs Magic= Sixers
2- Bucks vs Heat= Bucks
3- Pacers vs Raptors= Raptors
4- Celtics vs Nets= Nets

Playoff match ups (West)

1- Clippers vs Spurs= Clippers
2- Lakers vs Jazz= Lakers
3- Rockets vs Blazers= Rockets
4- Warriors vs Nuggets= Warriors

Playoffs 2nd Round (East)

1- Sixers vs Nets= Sixers
2- Bucks vs Raptors= Bucks

Playoffs 2nd Round (West)

1- Clippers vs Rockets= Clippers
2- Lakers vs Warriors= Lakers

Conference Finals (East)

Bucks vs Sixers= Sixers

Conference Finals (West)

Clippers vs Lakers= Clippers

2020 NBA Finals

Philadelphia 76ers vs Los Angeles Clippers= WINNERS AND 2020 NBA World Champions Los Angeles Clippers (Kawhi wins 3rd ring; back to back Finals MVP and back in the Finals for the 2nd year in a row but with the Clippers)

WaDe03
07-16-2019, 10:52 PM
I donít see it with Indiana either, been saying it for weeks.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-17-2019, 03:32 PM

I disagree. Maybe they make it last year, but not easily.

That's the thing about Golden State, one injury and they become very vulnerable. If they stay healthy, I think they'll make the playoffs as a low seed, but health on such a thin roster is the question.

jericho
07-17-2019, 05:14 PM
I disagree. Maybe they make it last year, but not easily.

That's the thing about Golden State, one injury and they become very vulnerable. If they stay healthy, I think they'll make the playoffs as a low seed, but health on such a thin roster is the question.

That first round tho. Can you imagine. Lakers vs Warriors with a healthy Thompson in the first round

beasted86
07-17-2019, 06:00 PM
I donít see it with Indiana either, been saying it for weeks.

Same with Celtics

Out: Kyrie, Horford, Morris, Rozier
In: Kemba, Kanter, Langford (R), Williams (R)

So basically people are suggesting the Celtics will be better primarily because of internal growth and Hayward having an extra summer to get ready?

I can see them making the playoffs for sure, but top 3 seed is delusional. Just my take.

WaDe03
07-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Same with Celtics

So basically people are suggesting the Celtics will be better primarily because of internal growth and Hayward having an extra summer to get ready?

I can see them making the playoffs for sure, but top 3 seed is delusional. Just my take.

Weíre about to find out brother but man anyone having Miami below 6 has got to be drunk.

buckalis
07-18-2019, 12:04 PM
Weíre about to find out brother but man anyone having Miami below 6 has got to be drunk.

Hmmm... I don't know about that... Bucks, Sixers, Nets, Pistons, Pacers, Raptors, Celtics & Magic (in that order of power ranking - with a question mark on the Pacers final position depending on Olandipo's return) are eight teams... one has to pick three that are clearly worst than the Heat for them to end up 6th and I can't see which these three teams may be...

Of course I'm not a Heat fan and therefore can't share their dreams...

crewfan13
07-19-2019, 04:20 PM
Same with Celtics

Who's better? To me the bucks and 76ers are better than Boston. But from there, they are probably as good as Indiana. I could maybe see the nets making a push, but I don't think they're clearly better than Boston. Toronto will still be solid, but probably not better. Miami isn't better. Orlando isn't better. Detroit isn't better.

I agree Boston isn't as good as last year. But from a talent perspective, they're still a top 5 team in the conference and top 3 isn't out of the question by any means, especially since oladipo isn't playing right away.

crewfan13
07-19-2019, 04:27 PM

Theres definitely a path where Miami is a 7th seed or worse. They also have a path to a top 5 team as well, but as I said before, Philly and Milwaukee are almost certainly better if remotely healthy. But Boston, Indiana, Toronto and Brooklyn all certainly have an argument that they are just as good, if not better than Miami. I know you're a super biased heat fan, but it's really not hard to envision a scenario where Miami is the 7tu seed or worse.

buckalis
07-20-2019, 05:40 AM
Who's better? ...Toronto will still be solid, but probably not better. Miami isn't better. Orlando isn't better. Detroit isn't better.

I agree Boston isn't as good as last year. But from a talent perspective, they're still a top 5 team in the conference and top 3 isn't out of the question by any means, especially since oladipo isn't playing right away...

Despite that both Orlando and particularly Detroit are much better, you are jumping into conclusions like if the teams have done all the moves they are about to do until ...seven months later!

Most teams only have 13 players in their roster up to now, while they are allowed to have up to 20 until October and 17 (inc. the two way) there after...

-Why is it 13 players and not less if they are looking to add players? ...this is important to know... no coincidence there... It's because according to the CBA, a team can't function under the NBA rules in trades unless it is a complete team... to be a "complete team" requires to have at least 13 players under regular contracts in the roster...

-Why not more then if there are 20 players the limit to join the team's training camp by September?
Because this season, there is the FIBA world championship cup tournament happening just before the training camps for the NBA teams open... and many free agents from all nationalities around the world will be participating there...

Tg11
07-20-2019, 06:54 AM
Everyone more or less has the Sixers winning the conference and I too have them winning the East considering how much better they got defensively by adding Horford. Furthermore, they have size with him and Embiid together on the floor at the same time. They will be a defensive terror plus they have Tobias and Simmons who also have size as well. Offensively, they also got better too but then they lost their floor spacing too/shooting with losing Redick and Butler. However, I think they make up for that with their bench too.

buckalis
07-20-2019, 07:37 AM
Everyone more or less has the Sixers winning the conference and I too have them winning the East considering how much better they got defensively by adding Horford. Furthermore, they have size with him and Embiid together on the floor at the same time. They will be a defensive terror plus they have Tobias and Simmons who also have size as well. Offensively, they also got better too but then they lost their floor spacing too/shooting with losing Redick and Butler. However, I think they make up for that with their bench too.

Yeah... Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Hill, Matthews and the Lopez twins are "trembling" in their fear now... (well... not really!)

Tg11
07-20-2019, 03:38 PM
Yeah... Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Hill, Matthews and the Lopez twins are "trembling" in their fear now... (well... not really!)

Yeah Milwaukee lost Brogdon and Mirotic besides Milwaukee if they are as good as you think they are they would have beaten Toronto last season to go to the Finals but they didn't and even if they had I definitely know Golden State would have beat Milwaukee

Now as far as Milwaukee getting better...it is addition by subtraction but I will say it is gonna take a lot more than reaching ECF to prove anything to anyone this season

pebloemer
07-22-2019, 01:05 PM
As hard as ever to order it this year. Here is my best pre-season shot.

East:

Bucks
76ers
Celtics
Raptors
Heat
Pacers
Magic
Nets

West:

Clippers
Jazz
Nuggets
Lakers
Rockets
Warriors
Blazers
Kings

Tg11
07-22-2019, 03:00 PM

East:

Bucks
76ers
Celtics
Raptors
Heat
Pacers
Magic
Nets

West:

Clippers
Jazz
Nuggets
Lakers
Rockets
Warriors
Blazers
Kings

You really think the Nets will finish 8th in the conference? Are you kidding me? If anything Miami will finish 8th and the Raptors will finish 7th. Pistons will finish 5th and Nets will finish 4th. Magic will finish in 6th.

Now your West order I can actually agree with

pebloemer
07-22-2019, 03:18 PM
You really think the Nets will finish 8th in the conference? Are you kidding me? If anything Miami will finish 8th and the Raptors will finish 7th. Pistons will finish 5th and Nets will finish 4th. Magic will finish in 6th.

Now your West order I can actually agree with

I found the East really hard to place.

Specifically the Nets. I'm assuming no Durant. They'll have Irving instead of Russell, which is definitely an upgrade. I don't really get the fit of Deandre Jordan with Jarrett Allen. Do they just share time at Center? Is Jordan ready to be relegated to a backup at this point in his career? I think overall they look like a similar team as last year. If LeVert can stay healthy and take the step with his development that I think most of us believe he can, I'd probably feel better about the team overall.

I don't like the Pistons a whole lot to be honest.

All the other teams you mentioned are a cluster of 42-48 win teams. I also think the Raptors a better regular season team than people think this year (although they'll fall short in the playoffs without Kawhi).

Iron24th
07-26-2019, 05:34 AM

East:

Bucks
76ers
Celtics
Raptors
Heat
Pacers
Magic
Nets

West:

Clippers
Jazz
Nuggets
Lakers
Rockets
Warriors
Blazers
Kings

Worst prediction I've ever seen,not sure if you have even 1 right pick here.

Iron24th
07-26-2019, 05:40 AM

Stop trolling please

Tg11
07-26-2019, 07:07 AM
Revised predictions

East

1- Sixers
2- Bucks
3- Nets
4- Celtics
5- Raptors
6- Pistons
7- Heat
8- Pacers

West

1- Clippers
2- Rockets
3- Lakers
4- Warriors
5- Nuggets
6- Jazz
7- Blazers
8- Spurs

Playoff match ups 1st Round (East)

Sixers vs Pacers= Sixers in 6
Bucks vs Heat= Bucks in 5
Nets vs Pistons= Nets in 7
Celtics vs Raptors= Celtics in 7

Playoff match ups 1st Round (West)

Clippers vs Spurs= Clippers in 6
Rockets vs Blazers= Rockets in 7
Lakers vs Jazz= Lakers in 6
Warriors vs Nuggets= Warriors in 6

Sixers vs Nets= Sixers in 6
Bucks vs Celtics= Bucks in 6

Clippers vs Lakers= Clippers in 7; LeBron goes out in 2nd Round

Rockets vs Warriors= Rockets in 7; Rockets manage to get over the hump

ECF

Sixers vs Bucks= Sixers in 7; Giannis goes out again in the ECF; Sixers to the Finals for the first time since 2001

WCF

Clippers vs Rockets= Clippers in 6

NBA Finals 2020

Sixers vs Clippers= Clippers win NBA Title in 6 games; Kawhi wins 3rd ring in back to back Finals appearances but Paul George wins Finals MVP instead of Kawhi

crewfan13
07-26-2019, 07:40 AM
Revised predictions

East

1- Sixers
2- Bucks
3- Nets
4- Celtics
5- Raptors
6- Pistons
7- Heat
8- Pacers

West

1- Clippers
2- Rockets
3- Lakers
4- Warriors
5- Nuggets
6- Jazz
7- Blazers
8- Spurs

Playoff match ups 1st Round (East)

Sixers vs Pacers= Sixers in 6
Bucks vs Heat= Bucks in 5
Nets vs Pistons= Nets in 7
Celtics vs Raptors= Celtics in 7

Playoff match ups 1st Round (West)

Clippers vs Spurs= Clippers in 6
Rockets vs Blazers= Rockets in 7
Lakers vs Jazz= Lakers in 6
Warriors vs Nuggets= Warriors in 6

Sixers vs Nets= Sixers in 6
Bucks vs Celtics= Bucks in 6

Clippers vs Lakers= Clippers in 7; LeBron goes out in 2nd Round

Rockets vs Warriors= Rockets in 7; Rockets manage to get over the hump

ECF

Sixers vs Bucks= Sixers in 7; Giannis goes out again in the ECF; Sixers to the Finals for the first time since 2001

WCF

Clippers vs Rockets= Clippers in 6

NBA Finals 2020

Sixers vs Clippers= Clippers win NBA Title in 6 games; Kawhi wins 3rd ring in back to back Finals appearances but Paul George wins Finals MVP instead of Kawhi

That would be a thrilling playoffs, especially since those 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4 matchups in the 2nd round would be the first time that's ever happened.

NBA all the way
07-26-2019, 09:00 AM
That would be a thrilling playoffs, especially since those 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4 matchups in the 2nd round would be the first time that's ever happened.

😂

WaDe03
07-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Stop trolling please

Which part is wrong?

buckalis
07-26-2019, 09:15 AM

Sure it would be "the first time that's ever happened"... but it just can't happen!

Jesus... He doesn't even know the matching in the 2nd round is 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, if (and only if) all the four leading the regular season teams are promoted to the 2nd round...

tredigs
07-26-2019, 11:28 AM
Here is where Ceasers entertainment has the lines set at:

buckalis
07-26-2019, 12:10 PM

It looks more or less justifiable (more so to the West than the East)...

It basically only ignores the Pistons in the East. IMO, the Pistons are in and not in the final two roster spots... The Heat do have a chance of clinching the last playoff spot over the Magic, but only if Orlando doesn't land a PG... If they do, the Heat is out...

On the west I'm not 100% sure that OKC is out... They've collected an army of picks and only have 4.5M more salary to dump... Using a couple of picks to upgrade the current roster shouldn't harm their future planning... They can do both in parallel to each other...

Dade County
07-26-2019, 12:17 PM

It basically only ignores the Pistons in the East. IMO, the Pistons are in and not in the final two roster spots... The Heat do have a chance of clinching the last playoff spot over the Magic, but only if Orlando doesn't land a PG... If they do, the Heat is out...

On the west I'm not 100% sure that OKC is out... They've collected an army of picks and only have 4.5M more salary to dump... Using a couple of picks to upgrade the current roster shouldn't harm their future planning... They can do both in parallel to each other...

Hopefully this thread is pulled back up when the playoffs begin, so we can see how wrong everyone was...

Rockets
Clippers
Portland
Lakers
Portland
Utah
Denver
?

GS vs Clippers
Lakers vs Rockets

76ers
Boston
Bucks
HEAT
Nets
Pacers
Hawks
?

HEAT vs 76ers
Bucks vs Boston

warfelg
07-26-2019, 12:20 PM
I think Detroits chances really hinge on the availability of Blake Griffin. If he's not healthy it's going to be a struggle. If he is they have a chance at making the playoffs.

SteBO
07-26-2019, 12:21 PM

I think the Lakers are being underestimated here, and while I like what Utah did with their roster I think they're being overestimated. The east looks fine, though Detroit should be in over Orlando.

tredigs
07-26-2019, 12:22 PM

I agree OKC could be a pretty strong team and make it if they choose to be buyers, but I just don't see CP in their plans right now. I think they're going to allow him to showcase his talents (he's still a lot better than some are leading on) and will ship him out around the trade deadline when more teams are in the market. If they make a go with him then the West becomes that much more brutal though.

Detroit, Magic or the Heat? Meh.

warfelg
07-26-2019, 12:27 PM
I think the Lakers are being underestimated here, and while I like what Utah did with their roster I think they're being overestimated. The east looks fine, though Detroit should be in over Orlando.

I think that seems about right for the Lakers. The major question for them is who's going to step up as the 3rd guy, and what happens if/when AD and/or Lebron suffer injuries.

SteBO
07-26-2019, 12:30 PM
I think that seems about right for the Lakers. The major question for them is who's going to step up as the 3rd guy, and what happens if/when AD and/or Lebron suffer injuries.
Yeah admittedly I'm probably overestimating Kuzma and the Green & Cousins additions. I'm also really high on AD, so there's that. PG would my biggest worry for them roster wise....

warfelg
07-26-2019, 12:34 PM
Yeah admittedly I'm probably overestimating Kuzma and the Green & Cousins additions. I'm also really high on AD, so there's that. PG would my biggest worry for them roster wise....

Yea, I would say Green is streaky at best, but can be used to cover Bron's disinterested nights on defense. Cousins...He's such an unknown. PG is a huge issue IMO. I know they're thinking a Bron-Green-Kuz-AD-Boogie lineup or something like that; but I think that Rondo-Green-Bron-AD-McGee with Kuz-Boogie-KCP-Cook bench is better. But I will add that I think spacing is going to be a MAJOR issue for them to overcome.

LeonFSU
07-26-2019, 01:20 PM
I think Detroits chances really hinge on the availability of Blake Griffin. If he's not healthy it's going to be a struggle. If he is they have a chance at making the playoffs.

My guess right now is that Detroit, Orlando, and Toronto will be in the race for the final two playoffs spots in the east, and I'll guess that Detroit misses it due to injuries.

buckalis
07-26-2019, 01:38 PM
I agree OKC could be a pretty strong team and make it if they choose to be buyers, but I just don't see CP in their plans right now. I think they're going to allow him to showcase his talents (he's still a lot better than some are leading on) and will ship him out around the trade deadline when more teams are in the market. If they make a go with him then the West becomes that much more brutal though.

Why should they trade CP3 now? They are only 4.5M into the tax now and to save this, they only need to trade Schroeder (now they have Alexander as to back up CP3)... There is no real reason to "just blow it up"... is there?

Many teams are in need for a PG and by trading Shroeder, it should land the two wings needed to supplement the CP3/Gallinari/Adams core... Absolutely no need to blow it up...

Pistons will be in the East playoffs and their seeding won't be ranking at the bottom...

buckalis
07-26-2019, 01:43 PM

IMO, Lakers are overestimated in that list... No PG? ...Bron at 35?

buckalis
07-26-2019, 01:52 PM
My guess right now is that Detroit, Orlando, and Toronto will be in the race for the final two playoffs spots in the east, and I'll guess that Detroit misses it due to injuries.

I can't get in a conversation that requires predicting... injuries! ...who can?

My opinion on the Pistons ending up in ranking at the mid of the East is strictly because:
1. The filled all the holes their roster had
2. Because they drafted extremely well (especially by picking Doumbouya) and have the best coach there is as to develop fast young talents... Casey has already proven that (as well as his scouting abilities) with the Anunoby / Siakam / VanVleet cases...

LeonFSU
07-26-2019, 02:59 PM
I can't get in a conversation that requires predicting... injuries! ...who can?

My opinion on the Pistons ending up in ranking at the mid of the East is strictly because:
1. The filled all the holes their roster had
2. Because they drafted extremely well (especially by picking Doumbouya) and have the best coach there is as to develop fast young talents... Casey has already proven that (as well as his scouting abilities) with the Anunoby / Siakam / VanVleet cases...

I can agree regarding injuries. It does seem to me like even a normal pattern of injuries could derail this team. Maybe its more of a question of depth (although the injury history of a few of their players is undeniable). I think they've improved, but I don't know how much given how much they'll need to rely on first and second year players being part of their rotation. Also, they really need to Drummond to improve especially with the lack of depth behind him.

buckalis
07-26-2019, 03:34 PM
I can agree regarding injuries. It does seem to me like even a normal pattern of injuries could derail this team. Maybe its more of a question of depth (although the injury history of a few of their players is undeniable). I think they've improved, but I don't know how much given how much they'll need to rely on first and second year players being part of their rotation. Also, they really need to Drummond to improve especially with the lack of depth behind him.

There isn't "luck of depth" within their bigs anymore... In fact I think that Casey will move Griffin to play ...SF this season (thus taking physical load off him and having him long shooting more), will have Doumbouya to back him up coming from bench, will start Markieff Morris at 4 and Drummond at 5 (thus adding help to Drummond at defense), will have Christian Wood with significant minutes coming from bench and internally rotated to both 4&5, thus supporting both the starting "bigs", will keep Maker as a buck up to Wood's role and as for the guards... Look it up in their roster!

They are a coming up force mate! it will be a "tough nut" for any team to break this season...

IKnowHoops
07-26-2019, 04:30 PM
You can keep saying this, but it doesn't make it any more true. They had a 58% win% before he went down, which is what the Clips had as the 8 seed. They also had their toughest stretch of the year to close. They were never a lock to make the playoffs and it damn sure would not have been easy. Ultimately it was losing Ingram (who was absolutely balling after a slow start) to the blood clot that cost them their chance at it. There's no room for error in the West. In 7 years with AD and/or Jrue + Gordon the Pels have made the playoffs twice (and barely so).

Well they were spanking your Warriors by 20 plus when he got hurt. They were definitely improving and then they all quit. Bron was proving to still be the best in the league but hey, now we have a new season with no excuses for anyone. Whatever happens this year (barring major injuries) will show us what is, and what probably would of been last year. If Bron dominates and becomes playoff Bron in the future like the previous 8 years, we will know they would of made the playoffs last year barring injuries and trade rumors

Chronz
07-26-2019, 04:30 PM
guys put money on Toronto failing to reach their projection, just a hunch

Iron24th
07-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Which part is wrong?

Every part?

Tg11
07-26-2019, 05:49 PM
Toronto go back to being irrelevant even after winning the title last year...notice how y all get no respect? Just goes to show y'all that this season y all ain't **** and won't be ****

More-Than-Most
07-27-2019, 04:36 AM
there isn't "luck of depth" within their bigs anymore... In fact i think that casey will move griffin to play ...sf this season (thus taking physical load off him and having him long shooting more), will have doumbouya to back him up coming from bench, will start markieff morris at 4 and drummond at 5 (thus adding help to drummond at defense), will have christian wood with significant minutes coming from bench and internally rotated to both 4&5, thus supporting both the starting "bigs", will keep maker as a buck up to wood's role and as for the guards... Look it up in their roster!

They are a coming up force mate! It will be a "tough nut" for any team to break this season...

for the love of god please do this stupid **** against horford and embiid.... Pleassssssse

tredigs
07-27-2019, 05:59 AM
Well they were spanking your Warriors by 20 plus when he got hurt. They were definitely improving and then they all quit. Bron was proving to still be the best in the league but hey, now we have a new season with no excuses for anyone. Whatever happens this year (barring major injuries) will show us what is, and what probably would of been last year. If Bron dominates and becomes playoff Bron in the future like the previous 8 years, we will know they would of made the playoffs last year barring injuries and trade rumors

Imagine using a Christmas day game (the Warriors literally never win that game btw, it's a running joke) as the crux of an argument. Your desperation is palpable. Now that they brought in a peak top 6 player who will likely outperform Bron this year we will see a very different team. We will judge that as well. What we saw for certain last year was that he could not lead the Lakers to the playoffs as their sole star in the West (Ingram going down ruined his attempt at that. He wasn't in the East anymore and essentially cried uncle after self proclaiming he was "entering playoff mode". Had to be a rough day for the stans out there eh?). That much is not and will never be debatable.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 06:06 AM
for the love of god please do this stupid **** against horford and embiid.... Pleassssssse

What my post has to do with the Sixers? Are you mad or what?

My explanation on why I believe the Pistons will rank in a mid-seeding position in the East, is a post against Horford or Embiid or the Sixers for that matter?

Go get a subscription for psychological medical treatment from your shrink! You urgently need one!

Ignore list!

warfelg
07-27-2019, 08:22 AM
In fact I think that Casey will move Griffin to play ...SF this season (thus taking physical load off him and having him long shooting more)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01.html#pbp::none

So a guy who has spend exactly 0% of his career minutes at the 3 will play the 3 because it's....less physically taxing?

In fact when you go to his matchup stats, when you look at his matchups against SF's his defensive effectiveness plummets.
https://stats.nba.com/player/201933/matchups/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Matchup=Defense

buckalis
07-27-2019, 10:21 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01.html#pbp::none

So a guy who has spend exactly 0% of his career minutes at the 3 will play the 3 because it's....less physically taxing?

In fact when you go to his matchup stats, when you look at his matchups against SF's his defensive effectiveness plummets.
https://stats.nba.com/player/201933/matchups/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Matchup=Defense

Is it your assessment that Griffin has been playing no SF? Have you ever see any of Griffin's games? He was getting SF minutes in internal rotation both on the Clippers and with the Pistons...

In fact, the season he was traded to the Pistons, he almost spend the rest of the season starting at SF... The reason he was playing PF most of his time at both teams, was a coach's decision based on what the effectiveness of the rest of the roster's rotation could be...

Now that the Pistons have added Markieff Morris, Christian Wood and Thon Maker, the better effectiveness is if Griffin starts at 3 and the Pistons play "3 towers on the floor" which will significantly help rebounding too, but it will also help against your Sixers or our Bucks too, given the size that the competition has in their front court...

warfelg
07-27-2019, 10:25 AM
Is it your assessment that Griffin has been playing no SF? Have you ever see any of Griffin's games? He was getting SF minutes in internal rotation both on the Clippers and with the Pistons...

In fact, the season he was traded to the Pistons, he almost spend the rest of the season starting at SF... The reason he was playing PF most of his time at both teams, was a coach's decision based on what the effectiveness of the rest of the roster's rotation could be....

Thereís not one place that statistical minute proof of him playing the 3. Unless NBA.com, basketball-reference.com, and nyloncalculus.com are all wrong. Whichís I doubt.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Thereís not one place that statistical minute proof of him playing the 3. Unless NBA.com, basketball-reference.com, and nyloncalculus.com are all wrong. Whichís I doubt.

But you haven't watched even one game of him playing... and you certainly don't have anywhere near my knowledge on the game... I bet if one asks you "has ever Khris Middleton played SG?" you'll bring up the same BS data of yours and will answer "0 minutes of his career"...

Yet Middleton started his career as being the Bucks SG and he even played starting SG for half the games of the last season's playoffs (4 against the Celtics and 3 against the Raptors next to Mirotic playing SF -which again I'm sure you'll claim "he's never done before"... despite all his Real Madrid and Spanish National team career being at SF). You really know a ton of basketball... don't you?

WaDe03
07-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Every part?

Weíll spos coached a top 10 defense 9 out of his 11 years and now we have Jimmy Butler with Winslow and Bams defense in the starting lineup over Dragic and Whiteside who are much worse defenders than the 2 replacing them sooooo......?? Maybe you should know your **** before commenting.

NBA all the way
07-27-2019, 11:55 AM
There isn't "luck of depth" within their bigs anymore... In fact I think that Casey will move Griffin to play ...SF this season (thus taking physical load off him and having him long shooting more), will have Doumbouya to back him up coming from bench, will start Markieff Morris at 4 and Drummond at 5 (thus adding help to Drummond at defense), will have Christian Wood with significant minutes coming from bench and internally rotated to both 4&5, thus supporting both the starting "bigs", will keep Maker as a buck up to Wood's role and as for the guards... Look it up in their roster!

They are a coming up force mate! it will be a "tough nut" for any team to break this season...

That lineup screams 2013-14 Pistons all over it.

1. Jackson/Rose
2. Kennard
3. Griffin
4. Morris
5. Drummond

1. Jennings
2. KCP
3. Josh Smith
4. Monroe
5. Drummond

You don't want only 1 pure shooter in your lineup, especially in today's NBA. You need at least 2 knockdown shooters, with some teams opting for 3 or 4 now days.

I don't believe they'll opt to go with the front court you suggested, and for their own sake, I hope they don't

warfelg
07-27-2019, 12:43 PM
But you haven't watched even one game of him playing... and you certainly don't have anywhere near my knowledge on the game... I bet if one asks you "has ever Khris Middleton played SG?" you'll bring up the same BS data of yours and will answer "0 minutes of his career"...

Yet Middleton started his career as being the Bucks SG and he even played starting SG for half the games of the last season's playoffs (4 against the Celtics and 3 against the Raptors next to Mirotic playing SF -which again I'm sure you'll claim "he's never done before"... despite all his Real Madrid and Spanish National team career being at SF). You really know a ton of basketball... don't you?

So why insult. Yes Iíve watched Blake play. No he doesnít play the 3.

Yes Iím aware Middleton has played the 2 and Mirotic has played the 3. And theyíve been logged and listed as that.

So if thereís proof Blake has played the 3, I would like to see it provided rather than insulting my intelligence and saying I donít watch other teams.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 01:01 PM
That lineup screams 2013-14 Pistons all over it.

You don't want only 1 pure shooter in your lineup, especially in today's NBA. You need at least 2 knockdown shooters, with some teams opting for 3 or 4 now days.

But... they aren't going with one shooter... when did I say this? Why you think Casey added Snell (a guaranteed 40% career 3pt shooter) and Morris (a decent long shooter from PF)?

I don't believe they'll opt to go with the front court you suggested, and for their own sake, I hope they don't

For their own shake, I hope they do! (I hope so for every team in the league, cause I love real competition)...and I'm sure Casey is doing the best for his team...

If he aimed to only replace (expiring) Leure on the roster as to get a more effective replacement, then, why did he add two that are (much) better than Leure and have spend his salary back in the position? Only to have both Morris and Wood coming from bench? It doesn't make sense, does it?

Why did he add (expensive and non expiring) Snell?

I hope you understand the questions and reply on them if you insist Casey has something different in mind... It's the facts and translating the moves that make one (like me) who understands the game well and lead him to predict the tactics... see?

If Casey would plan to use Snell at 3, how will he then find extensive minutes to develop Doumbouya (his major ace in the sleeve)?

His long term plan should be to use Griffin at 4 and Doumbouya at 3 having a dreadful wing duo that would open up a defense from both sides, ...shouldn't it? What's best for Doumbouya then other than "throw him in the deep" and having him taking Griffin's role and "break his face" a few times so that he can learn fast? Is there a better method?

NBA all the way
07-27-2019, 01:54 PM
But... they aren't going with one shooter... when did I say this? Why you think Casey added Snell (a guaranteed 40% career 3pt shooter) and Morris (a decent long shooter from PF)?

For their own shake, I hope they do! (I hope so for every team in the league, cause I love real competition)...and I'm sure Casey is doing the best for his team...

If he aimed to only replace (expiring) Leure on the roster as to get a more effective replacement, then, why did he add two that are (much) better than Leure and have spend his salary back in the position? Only to have both Morris and Wood coming from bench? It doesn't make sense, does it?

I hope you understand the questions and reply on them if you insist Casey has something different in mind... It's the facts and translating the moves that make one (like me) who understands the game well and lead him to predict the tactics... see?

If Casey would plan to use Snell at 3, how will he then find extensive minutes to develop Doumbouya (his major ace in the sleeve)?

His long term plan should be to use Griffin at 4 and Doumbouya at 3 having a dreadful wing duo that would open up a defense from both sides, ...shouldn't it? What's best for Doumbouya then other than "throw him in the deep" and having him taking Griffin's role and "break his face" a few times so that he can learn fast? Is there a better method?
Well, I just want to preface this reply with saying last season the NBA league average 3pt % was 35.5% and for the past 20 seasons the NBA league average has been roughly 35% from deep.

With that being stated, the front court you suggested of Blake, Morris and Drummond are all not pure shooters. Blake is a career 34% shooter from deep and last season he shot 36%, so he is either an average to below average shooter at your SF. Morris is a career 33% shooter from deep and shot 33% last season, he is a below average shooter at your PF. Drummond is a career 14% shooter from deep, only 13% last season, so he is a putrid 3 point shooter.

Now the starting point guard is either Rose (30% 3pt) or Jackson (33% 3pt), I think we can agree on that; both of which are below average 3 point shooters themselves. So it doesn't really matter who you plug in at the SG position (even if it was Snell at 38%) because the other 3 guys you suggested plus the default PG options are all below average 3 point shooters, there is going to be very limited spacing out there.

So where did you say it? No where but your suggested front court leaves no option but for them to be a poor shooting team.

Wood is a non factor, he has been in the league 4 seasons and played on 4 teams in that span. He's played a grand total of 51 NBA games in those 4 seasons at a little less than 10 minutes per contest. If he is in the rotation, the Pistons are in trouble, because they will have lost a lot of their bigs (due to trade, injury or suspension), if Wood is seeing large minutes. I don't think he projects to be in the rotation.

Why did they get Snell? Maybe because they have like zero wing depth and he fits the 3 and D mold, at least potentially. Who knows why he did it, he just wanted out of Leuer's contract is my best guess, without actually being the war room. It's just swapping bad contracts, most likely just for the sake of making a move and Snell can see more minutes under Casey than Leuer would've.

Doumbouya is a project man, he's literally an 18 year old kid. His development isn't going to happen in 1 season, he's a poor shooter from outside himself (never shot better than 34% from deep, yet). He will more than likely see time at both forward spots next season. They took a flier on him, given their crappy draft position. He needs to develop his body and his game for a few seasons.

Cracka2HI!
07-27-2019, 02:21 PM
I still have a couple big trades being made; Bos trades Hayward, a 2nd tier young player and pick to Toronto for Ibaka or Gasol and Powell. Then I have a big 4 team deal between; MIA, GS, OKC and MIN. MIA gets CP3, GS gets Covington, Waiters and Patterson, OKC gets Winslow, James Johnson, Teague(to be stretched to get under the tax), Jacob Evans and a 1st from Minny, MIN gets Russell. With those 2 trades I have the playoffs looking like this;

West
Utah
Clippers
Golden State
Denver
Lakers
Houston
Portland
San Antonio

East
Milwaukee
Boston
Detroit
Miami
Philadelphia
Orlando
Brooklyn
Indiana or Toronto

buckalis
07-27-2019, 02:41 PM
Well, I just want to preface this reply with saying last season the NBA league average 3pt % was 35.5% and for the past 20 seasons the NBA league average has been roughly 35% from deep.

With that being stated, the front court you suggested of Blake, Morris and Drummond are all not pure shooters. Blake is a career 34% shooter from deep and last season he shot 36%, so he is either an average to below average shooter at your SF. Morris is a career 33% shooter from deep and shot 33% last season, he is a below average shooter at your PF. Drummond is a career 14% shooter from deep, only 13% last season, so he is a putrid 3 point shooter.

Now the starting point guard is either Rose (30% 3pt) or Jackson (33% 3pt), I think we can agree on that; both of which are below average 3 point shooters themselves. So it doesn't really matter who you plug in at the SG position (even if it was Snell at 38%) because the other 3 guys you suggested plus the default PG options are all below average 3 point shooters, there is going to be very limited spacing out there.

So where did you say it? No where but your suggested front court leaves no option but for them to be a poor shooting team.

Wood is a non factor, he has been in the league 4 seasons and played on 4 teams in that span. He's played a grand total of 51 NBA games in those 4 seasons at a little less than 10 minutes per contest. If he is in the rotation, the Pistons are in trouble, because they will have lost a lot of their bigs (due to trade, injury or suspension), if Wood is seeing large minutes. I don't think he projects to be in the rotation.

Why did they get Snell? Maybe because they have like zero wing depth and he fits the 3 and D mold, at least potentially. Who knows why he did it, he just wanted out of Leuer's contract is my best guess, without actually being the war room. It's just swapping bad contracts, most likely just for the sake of making a move and Snell can see more minutes under Casey than Leuer would've.

EDIT: Ha... forgot Doumbouya... Doumbouya is the best NBA prospect after Giannis was drafted... he fell on just the right coach (as Casey has already proved with Anunoby, Siakam, VanVleet and more) to have him "NBA ready" as soon as possible... The Pistons will be contenders after this season with Griffin and Doumbouya on the floor... have no doubt about that!

Doumbouya is a project man, he's literally an 18 year old kid. His development isn't going to happen in 1 season, he's a poor shooter from outside himself (never shot better than 34% from deep, yet). He will more than likely see time at both forward spots next season. They took a flier on him, given their crappy draft position. He needs to develop his body and his game for a few seasons.

But... that all agrees with me! The league is 35% 3pt, but in all teams there are shooters that are below 35%!

Why you mention Drummond's shooting, beats me (and everybody)... He ain't shooting the 3pt enough as to contribute in any team statistics and when he does is either because the clock is expiring or because the Pistons are out of an offensive alternative and (again) time left is short to create a feasible one...

Griffin is an excellent long shooter but he can't up to now have an open shot (being the only shooter)... therefore his numbers are only to go up if he can have some spacing...

Morris can contribute with his 33% for the team average to be well above 35% (this happens with all teams, the highest percentage comes from the guards and mainly the SG...)

Snell will be playing SG (as he did with the Bucks at more than 75% of his time) and is a natural over 40% shooter if he has more of the roster spacing the floor around him...

Therefore only thing remaining (and you are again wrong) in disagreement, is... Wood! Who as you said has had only 50smth games in the NBA, but the Pels used him last season for more than ...50% (!!!) the time he ever had in the NBA and what did he do then (?) when playing instead of AD or taking his place in the roster?

Look... I'm watching Wood from day 1 he became a member of the Bucks last season (in the summer league)... It was all coach Bud's mistake... he didn't give him time, although the man was the most promising prospect on the floor whenever he got some time... Then Bud did the ultimate mistake with him, he (Wood) asked for more playing time and Bud answered him "your time will come, I appreciate your game..." but his time never came (from Bud) and then he (Wood) was forced to require to be released...

After that, the Pels picked him (with a huge smile) but he was again unlucky... He fell into a team that was (again) very happy to have him... but drafted Zion and had the help of CAA (the managing co of Zion) as to turn to contenders as soon as possible... So there he is again asking to be released again (after they signed Favors and have more cap to spend on "bigs" only) and Casey (with lots of joy) picked him... You won't believe your eyes for what you are gonna see from Chris this season... Honest!

EDIT: Ha... forgot Doumbouya... IMO, he is the best prospect the NBA has seen after Giannis was drafted... Fell on the right coach too as to have him "NBA ready" as soon as possible as Casey has already proved with Anunoby, Siakan and VanVleet before him... IMO, Casey will "throw him" in this year's playoffs too... With Doumbouya and Griffin together on the floor, I expect the Pistons to turn into title contenders soon...

IKnowHoops
07-27-2019, 02:45 PM
Imagine using a Christmas day game (the Warriors literally never win that game btw, it's a running joke) as the crux of an argument. Your desperation is palpable. Now that they brought in a peak top 6 player who will likely outperform Bron this year we will see a very different team. We will judge that as well. What we saw for certain last year was that he could not lead the Lakers to the playoffs as their sole star in the West (Ingram going down ruined his attempt at that. He wasn't in the East anymore and essentially cried uncle after self proclaiming he was "entering playoff mode". Had to be a rough day for the stans out there eh?). That much is not and will never be debatable.

Bron getting hurt and team quitting had way more impact than Ingram going down lol. You must not have been watching Laker games. Ingram was garbage the first half of the year and Bron carried them just fine. Wrong again about Bron and obviously just pulling things out of the butt hole to dog Bron while ignoring context as per your usual.

NBA all the way
07-27-2019, 03:01 PM
But... that all agrees with me! The league is 35% 3pt, but in all teams there are shooters that are below 35%!

Why you mention Drummond's shooting, beats me (and everybody)... He ain't shooting the 3pt enough as to contribute in any team statistics and when he does is either because the clock is expiring or because the Pistons are out of an offensive alternative and (again) time left is short to create a feasible one...

Griffin is an excellent long shooter but he can't up to now have an open shot (being the only shooter)... therefore his numbers are only to go up if he can have some spacing...

Morris can contribute with his 33% for the team average to be well above 35% (this happens with all teams, the highest percentage comes from the guards and mainly the SG...)

Snell will be playing SG (as he did with the Bucks at more than 75% of his time) and is a natural over 40% shooter if he has more of the roster spacing the floor around him...

Therefore only thing remaining (and you are again wrong) in disagreement, is... Wood! Who as you said has had only 50smth games in the NBA, but the Pels used him last season for more than ...50% (!!!) the time he ever had in the NBA and what did he do then (?) when playing instead of AD or taking his place in the roster?

Look... I'm watching Wood from day 1 he became a member of the Bucks last season (in the summer league)... It was all coach Bud's mistake... he didn't give him time, although the man was the most promising prospect on the floor whenever he got some time... Then Bud did the ultimate mistake with him, he (Wood) asked for more playing time and Bud answered him "your time will come, I appreciate your game..." but his time never came (from Bud) and then he (Wood) was forced to require to be released...

After that, the Pels picked him (with a huge smile) but he was again unlucky... He fell into a team that was (again) very happy to have him... but drafted Zion and had the help of CAA (the managing co of Zion) as to turn to contenders as soon as possible... So there he is again asking to be released again (after they signed Favors and have more cap to spend on "bigs" only) and Casey (with lots of joy) picked him... You won't believe your eyes for what you are gonna see from Chris this season... Honest!

So your rationale is all these below average 3 point shooters will be on the floor together and exceed their career shooting numbers... Yeah, disagree, not sure where the logic is even in that argument.

Look, I'm like 99% sure Casey will have Griffin playing PF next season, and probably even some center. On the off 1% chance Griffin is playing SF, kudos to you, but it won't be beneficial to the Pistons, in my humble opinion.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 03:19 PM
So your rationale is all these below average 3 point shooters will be on the floor together and exceed their career shooting numbers... Yeah, disagree, not sure where the logic is even in that argument.

Is a 33% shooter going to alter the team average because his shooting is (just) below the 35% average? This is where my logic is... you can disagree all you want with this, but that won't change ...math saying that he can't!

Look, I'm like 99% sure Casey will have Griffin playing PF next season, and probably even some center. On the off 1% chance Griffin is playing SF, kudos to you, but it won't be beneficial to the Pistons, in my humble opinion.

You can look to a crystal ball and end up with any conclusion that suits you if you like... I prefer not to rely on crystal balls of any kind, but look at the facts and trust my own basketball experience for that matter... that's why I always support my opinion with the evidence that lead me to a conclusion...

NBA all the way
07-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Is a 33% shooter going to alter the team average because his shooting is (just) below the 35% average? This is where my logic is... you can disagree all you want with this, but that won't change ...math saying that he can't!

You can look to a crystal ball and end up with any conclusion that suits you if you like... I prefer not to rely on crystal balls of any kind, but look at the facts and trust my own basketball experience for that matter... that's why I always support my opinion with the evidence that lead me to a conclusion...
Why are you stuck on Morris?

Your suggested starters are ALL below average 3 point shooters minus Snell.

You think Jackson 33%, Snell 38%, Griffin 34%, Morris 33% and Drummond 13% is somehow gonna provide "spacing" so all of these dudes can shoot above their career averages. It's not based in fact at all, the whole idea is nonsensical.

Furthermore Blake has NEVER been listed as logging minutes as a SF his entire career. There is no factual evidence to back it, if there is, then provide it.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 04:14 PM
Why are you stuck on Morris?

I also said that Drummond's numbers don't count at all... he doesn't shoot 3s as to influence a team's average at all... Therefore Morris, (according to your own saying) is the lowest usable sample that can influence stats...

You think Jackson 33%, Snell 38%, Griffin 34%, Morris 33% and Drummond 13% is somehow gonna provide "spacing" so all of these dudes can shoot above their career averages. It's not based in fact at all, the whole idea is nonsensical.

Answered in multiple cases before... Why you do this? You use Drummond like if he participates on the team average... He doesn't!

You use Snell's (and Griffin's) career average as if it is the same as when they have the same percentages when they have people spacing the floor around them (like they do now)... In other words, you are comparing oranges with apples and you insist on doing so...

Which starts getting in my nerves... especially if it has been already replied on the matter and you ignore it by insisting on the BS stats you originally posted...

Furthermore Blake has NEVER been listed as logging minutes as a SF his entire career. There is no factual evidence to back it, if there is, then provide it.

More BS... Are you spastic or something?

You didn't answer my questions in the first place... here they are again:

"If he aimed to only replace (expiring) Leure on the roster as to get a more effective replacement, then, why did he add two that are (much) better than Leure and have spend his salary back in the position? Only to have both Morris and Wood coming from bench? It doesn't make sense, does it?

His long term plan should be to use Griffin at 4 and Doumbouya at 3 having a dreadful wing duo that would open up a defense from both sides, ...shouldn't it? What's best for Doumbouya then, other than "throw him in the deep" and having him taking Griffin's role and "break his face" a few times so that he can learn fast? Is there a better method?

NBA all the way
07-27-2019, 04:21 PM
I also said that Drummond's numbers don't count at all... he doesn't shoot 3s as to influence a team's average at all... Therefore Morris, (according to your own saying) is the lowest usable sample that can influence stats...

Answered in multiple cases before... Why you do this? You use Drummond like if he participates on the team average... He doesn't!

You use Snell's (and Griffin's) career average as if it is the same as when they have the same percentages when they have people spacing the floor around them (like they do now)... In other words, you are comparing oranges with apples and you insist on doing so...

Which starts getting in my nerves... especially if it has been already replied on the matter and you ignore it by insisting on the BS stats you originally posted...

More BS... Are you spastic or something?

You didn't answer my questions in the first place... here they are again:

"If he aimed to only replace (expiring) Leure on the roster as to get a more effective replacement, then, why did he add two that are (much) better than Leure and have spend his salary back in the position? Only to have both Morris and Wood coming from bench? It doesn't make sense, does it?

His long term plan should be to use Griffin at 4 and Doumbouya at 3 having a dreadful wing duo that would open up a defense from both sides, ...shouldn't it? What's best for Doumbouya then, other than "throw him in the deep" and having him taking Griffin's role and "break his face" a few times so that he can learn fast? Is there a better method?

So is Drummond just not going to partake in the offense? Otherwise his lack of shooting ties directly into the spacing you speak of.

VCaintdead17
07-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Nuggets
Clippers
Jazz
Blazers
Rockets
Lakers
Warriors
Spurs

Bucks
Sixers
Pacers
Celtics
Nets
Heat
Pistons
Magic/Raptors/Knicks/Bulls whichever of these four teams is the least banged up

buckalis
07-27-2019, 04:31 PM
So is Drummond just not going to partake in the offense? Otherwise his lack of shooting ties directly into the spacing you speak of.

Either answer my questions or ignore list for you... Had enough of your BS here!

What the F Drummond has to do with a team average in 3pt shooting if he takes 10 shots a season? Are you nuts?

A team takes more than 1000 shots a season and you insist in ****ing less than 0.1% being included in the average stats as if it is 20%!!!... Surely you are a case for medical examination....

VCaintdead17
07-27-2019, 04:37 PM
Blake sure as ***** isn't going to start at small forward. I imagine the wing rotation will consist of Kennard, Galloway and Snell.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Blake sure as ***** isn't going to start at small forward. I imagine the wing rotation will consist of Kennard, Galloway and Snell.

We have another Einstein here that looks on a crystal ball... Isn't "PF" a "wing" Einstein?

NBA all the way
07-27-2019, 04:45 PM
Either answer my questions or ignore list for you... Had enough of your BS here!

What the F Drummond has to do with a team average in 3pt shooting if he takes 10 shots a season? Are you nuts?

A team takes more than 1000 shots a season and you insist in ****ing less than 0.1% being included in the average stats as if it is 20%!!!... Surely you are a case for medical examination....

Lol I'm not talking about what the team will average on 3 point %, you are having that conversation with yourself.

A bunch of below average shooters aren't gonna share the floor together is the simplest I can break it down for you. Your vast basketball knowledge should be able to grasp that.

VCaintdead17
07-27-2019, 04:45 PM
We have another Einstein here that looks on a crystal ball... Isn't "PF" a "wing" Einstein?

Lol no, by definition a wing is a shooting guard or small forward. In addition to the fact that I've literally never heard anyone refer to a power forward as a wing....until now I guess.

Iron24th
07-27-2019, 05:00 PM
Weíll spos coached a top 10 defense 9 out of his 11 years and now we have Jimmy Butler with Winslow and Bams defense in the starting lineup over Dragic and Whiteside who are much worse defenders than the 2 replacing them sooooo......?? Maybe you should know your **** before commenting.

Lol maybe you should reconsider your homerism before saying such stupid things, butler alone will get you nowhere you should know that.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 05:05 PM
Lol no, by definition a wing is a shooting guard or small forward. In addition to the fact that I've literally never heard anyone refer to a power forward as a wing....until now I guess.

You seem to have heart little (or wrong) on basketball then... Here is the correct for you to learn from exactly the right person...

In basketball there are two acting in the Center (axis) and three on the wing's side... The one behind them all that organizes the game, is called a Point guard, the one that is the "big" to fight in the rim (in offense), or protect it (in defense) is the "Center forward" ...

There are three more "wings" (because the ones mentioned before are in the "Center axis"... Two of them are on the left and right of the "Center axis"... the one that is closer to the paint (because the CF can't be in the painted area for more than 3") is called the PF... the one that is on the other side, is called the "Small(er) forward"... Then there is one more wing that acts on both sides as to provide the intermediate between the PG and the forwards, or be the extra threat if the forwards can "shrink" the opponents defense... He is called the Shooting guard...

Understand?

VCaintdead17
07-27-2019, 05:13 PM
You seem to have heart little (or wrong) on basketball then... Here is the correct for you to learn from exactly the right person...

In basketball there are two acting in the Center (axis) and three on the wing's side... The one behind them all that organizes the game, is called a Point guard, the one that is the "big" to fight in the rim (in offense), or protect it (in defense) is the "Center forward" ...

There are three more "wings" (because the ones mentioned before are in the "Center axis"... Two of them are on the left and right of the "Center axis"... the one that is closer to the paint (because the CF can't be in the painted area for more than 3") is called the PF... the one that is on the other side, is called the "Small(er) forward"... Then there is one more wing that acts on both sides as to provide the intermediate between the PG and the forwards, or be the extra threat if the forwards can "shrink" the opponents defense... He is called the Shooting guard...

Understand?

Yeah no, this is wrong. 'Wing' is predominantly used in the context of court area. The small forward and shooting guard is often referred to as a wing because of its use in common positioning tactics. That's why you'll hear someone like Jimmy Butler be referred to as a wing player and not someone Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan. I can say in fact that I've never heard anyone refer to a traditional power forward as a wing player.

buckalis
07-27-2019, 05:17 PM
Yeah no, this is wrong. 'Wing' is predominantly used in the context of court area. The small forward and shooting guard is often referred to as a wing because of its use in common positioning tactics. That's why you'll hear someone like Jimmy Butler be referred to as a wing player and not someone Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan. I can say in fact that I've never heard anyone refer to a traditional power forward as a wing player.

As I said before... you met the wrong people to inform you correct on the matter... Never too late though... you now have been taught the correct...

buckalis
07-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Lol I'm not talking about what the team will average on 3 point %, you are having that conversation with yourself.

A bunch of below average shooters aren't gonna share the floor together is the simplest I can break it down for you. Your vast basketball knowledge should be able to grasp that.

well... F you then... Isn't this what I reply upon?

"Why are you stuck on Morris?

You think Jackson 33%, Snell 38%, Griffin 34%, Morris 33% and Drummond 13% is somehow gonna provide "spacing" so all of these dudes can shoot above their career averages. It's not based in fact at all, the whole idea is nonsensical."

Isn't it?

You alter the narrative like a Cangooroo is jumping from one place to another... Mentally disturbed?

WaDe03
07-28-2019, 02:58 PM
Lol maybe you should reconsider your homerism before saying such stupid things, butler alone will get you nowhere you should know that.

You commented on a post of mine saying we would for sure be top 10 defensively and possibly even top 5 and called me delusional. Now that I give you the facts of Miamiís defense over the years you switch it to ďJimmy isnít leading yíall anywhere.Ē Guys like you are the part of the reason I donít take this forum serious anymore. Butler was just the first move of others to come, donít worry. Theyíre not going to sit there with this same exact team for 4 years and Bam will solidify himself this season as a very very good player as Siakim did last year while being a contender or winner of MIP at only 22.

JAZZNC
07-29-2019, 02:27 AM
As I said before... you met the wrong people to inform you correct on the matter... Never too late though... you now have been taught the correct...

You are just flat out wrong, as usual. I've never in my life heard of anybody refer to a PF as a wing. But please continue to tell everybody how they are wrong and you're the only one who knows what they're talking about.

tredigs
07-29-2019, 02:19 PM
There is more positional ambiguity now with how the game is played and how a modern PF mimics the role of some past SF's, but a "wing" has always been a SG/SF.

Iron24th
07-30-2019, 02:33 AM
You commented on a post of mine saying we would for sure be top 10 defensively and possibly even top 5 and called me delusional. Now that I give you the facts of Miamiís defense over the years you switch it to ďJimmy isnít leading yíall anywhere.Ē Guys like you are the part of the reason I donít take this forum serious anymore. Butler was just the first move of others to come, donít worry. Theyíre not going to sit there with this same exact team for 4 years and Bam will solidify himself this season as a very very good player as Siakim did last year while being a contender or winner of MIP at only 22.

You've become a big part of why this forum has become a joke, homer like you are destroying this forum, as constructed as it is the heat will not make the playoffs, if riley upgrade the roster then we'll talk, until then stop posting stupid statements like you love to do.

WaDe03
07-30-2019, 09:42 AM
You've become a big part of why this forum has become a joke, homer like you are destroying this forum, as constructed as it is the heat will not make the playoffs, if riley upgrade the roster then we'll talk, until then stop posting stupid statements like you love to do.

Hahahaha yea you definitely know youíre in the wrong on this one. You thought you might be on to something or had a good ďburnĒ as people on here like to call it and then I pulled out the receipts to back my statements and you tuck your tail on the subject and just start talking ****. Iíd say people like you are the reason this forum suck now and itís funny hearing the no playoffs talk from a Lakers fan when your team has been a complete **** show for awhile now. Sit this one out.

Iron24th
07-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Hahahaha yea you definitely know youíre in the wrong on this one. You thought you might be on to something or had a good ďburnĒ as people on here like to call it and then I pulled out the receipts to back my statements and you tuck your tail on the subject and just start talking ****. Iíd say people like you are the reason this forum suck now and itís funny hearing the no playoffs talk from a Lakers fan when your team has been a complete **** show for awhile now. Sit this one out.

Lol see you have no argument, now you're talking about my team's 6 years failure, what's the connection with your team and your point? And please don't compare my team and your team's past cause you have no chance to win this :laugh2:

WaDe03
07-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Lol see you have no argument, now you're talking about my team's 6 years failure, what's the connection with your team and your point? And please don't compare my team and your team's past cause you have no chance to win this :laugh2:

I have no argument? You said I was delusional for saying my team would be top 10 in defense and possibly even top 5 due to having better defenders now. When I showed you we basically are always top 10 defensively you started taking shots saying we would suck and wouldnít make the playoffs lmao. Talk about no argument.

Iron24th
07-30-2019, 02:08 PM
I have no argument? You said I was delusional for saying my team would be top 10 in defense and possibly even top 5 due to having better defenders now. When I showed you we basically are always top 10 defensively you started taking shots saying we would suck and wouldnít make the playoffs lmao. Talk about no argument.

Yeah "basically are always" seems a pretty good argument.

buckalis
07-30-2019, 02:17 PM
There is more positional ambiguity now with how the game is played and how a modern PF mimics the role of some past SF's, but a "wing" has always been a SG/SF.

In basketball terminology, things are pretty simple... There are players that are (generally) playing "on axis" and players that are (generally) playing at "the sides"...

On axis there is the point guard (called that because usually he is the one behind all in offense and in front of all his team mates in defense and therefore sets "the point" (of origin)) and the center forward (called that because his action is on the "center" of each painted area, he is the first in offense and last on defense). Those two are on the "center" axis...

All the rest are on the sides with two forwards in either side of the offense (many coaches have in their tactics design the two wing forwards to continuously switch sides between them) or the defense and then the shooting guard who acts on both sides...

Whoever is on the sides is called a "wing" in basketball's terminology...

VCaintdead17
07-30-2019, 03:25 PM
In basketball terminology, things are pretty simple... There are players that are (generally) playing "on axis" and players that are (generally) playing at "the sides"...

On axis there is the point guard (called that because usually he is the one behind all in offense and in front of all his team mates in defense and therefore sets "the point" (of origin)) and the center forward (called that because his action is on the "center" of each painted area, he is the first in offense and last on defense). Those two are on the "center" axis...

All the rest are on the sides with two forwards in either side of the offense (many coaches have in their tactics design the two wing forwards to continuously switch sides between them) or the defense and then the shooting guard who acts on both sides...

Whoever is on the sides is called a "wing" in basketball's terminology...

Stop. Just take the L dude.

buckalis
07-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Stop. Just take the L dude.

"L" refers only to the two wing forwards (PF and SF), not to the SG (who is also a wing)...

WaDe03
07-30-2019, 04:51 PM
Yeah "basically are always" seems a pretty good argument.

Yea thatís how you know you lost when you start going for grammar errors. Itís ok to admit that you were wrong and made a mistake, itís part of growing. Iíll take this as your apology for calling me delusional on something that is right 82% of the time, thanks and be better in the future!

Iron24th
07-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Yea thatís how you know you lost when you start going for grammar errors. Itís ok to admit that you were wrong and made a mistake, itís part of growing. Iíll take this as your apology for calling me delusional on something that is right 82% of the time, thanks and be better in the future!

Firstable I never said such a thing like "delusional" in my posts directed to you, so when you're lying at least do it properly, you're known for being a joke on here, so keep doing your stuff, it will not change the fact that your team will miss the playoffs.

WaDe03
07-30-2019, 06:43 PM
Firstable I never said such a thing like "delusional" in my posts directed to you, so when you're lying at least do it properly, you're known for being a joke on here, so keep doing your stuff, it will not change the fact that your team will miss the playoffs.

Oh my bad, you said I was trolling and should check my homerism before saying such stupid things talking about Miami having a top 10 defense when theyíve had one 9 out of spos last 11 years. Thanks for clearing that up lmao. Know your **** before you comment and you wonít find yourself in this spot again. Sit this one out.

buckalis
07-30-2019, 06:50 PM

They may just make it to one of the bottom seeds, if the Magic won't add a PG...

Iron24th
07-31-2019, 01:16 AM
They may just make it to one of the bottom seeds, if the Magic won't add a PG...
Exactly

Iron24th
07-31-2019, 01:17 AM
Oh my bad, you said I was trolling and should check my homerism before saying such stupid things talking about Miami having a top 10 defense when theyíve had one 9 out of spos last 11 years. Thanks for clearing that up lmao. Know your **** before you comment and you wonít find yourself in this spot again. Sit this one out.

Homerism at its finest

WaDe03
07-31-2019, 09:52 AM
Homerism at its finest

Take a seat, youíre finished.

WaDe03
07-31-2019, 09:53 AM

Yíall keep that same energy in April when Iím clowning you for being wrong

Iron24th
07-31-2019, 01:38 PM
Take a seat, youíre finished.

Finished? Lol how old are you?

Iron24th
07-31-2019, 01:39 PM
Yíall keep that same energy in April when Iím clowning you for being wrong

Seems like everybody is clowning you, wonder why...

WaDe03
07-31-2019, 02:42 PM
Finished? Lol how old are you?

Old enough to understand you donít know wtf youíre talking about and are trying to backtrack and troll as hard as you can after being proven wrong. But thatís enough derailing the thread for me, youíre clearly in the wrong and got caught up and now your embarrassed because it made you look bad. You thought you were on to something when you tried to dog me for saying Miami would have a top 10 defense only to be shown theyíve had one 9 out of the last 11 years. You thought someone might come to your rescue but it was just buckalis whoís the biggest troll on the forum. You really hate to see it, so Iíll leave you at that. Donít bother replying

Iron24th
07-31-2019, 04:12 PM
Old enough to understand you donít know wtf youíre talking about and are trying to backtrack and troll as hard as you can after being proven wrong. But thatís enough derailing the thread for me, youíre clearly in the wrong and got caught up and now your embarrassed because it made you look bad. You thought you were on to something when you tried to dog me for saying Miami would have a top 10 defense only to be shown theyíve had one 9 out of the last 11 years. You thought someone might come to your rescue but it was just buckalis whoís the biggest troll on the forum. You really hate to see it, so Iíll leave you at that. Donít bother replying

To the rescue against you? Loool you're just an average homer who overate your team instead of facing the reality.

WaDe03
07-31-2019, 07:58 PM
To the rescue against you? Loool you're just an average homer who overate your team instead of facing the reality.

What did I say that overrated them?

TrueFan420
08-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Iím sure there are better stats but the Heat only ranked in the top ten defensive RTG 1 time since Bron left. The rest of the time they never made it higher than 15th. Just stop. You can say something over and over again as much as you like but it wonít make it true. The eye test doesnít support your claims either. They havenít been a good defensive team in ages and likely wonít be one next year.

NBA all the way
08-01-2019, 12:26 AM
Iím sure there are better stats but the Heat only ranked in the top ten defensive RTG 1 time since Bron left. The rest of the time they never made it higher than 15th. Just stop. You can say something over and over again as much as you like but it wonít make it true. The eye test doesnít support your claims either. They havenít been a good defensive team in ages and likely wonít be one next year.
You sure? Not trying to take either of their side but it looks like they were top 10 in DEF rating every season since LBJ left minus that first season they were in the bottom third of the league.

TrueFan420
08-01-2019, 12:56 AM
You sure? Not trying to take either of their side but it looks like they were top 10 in DEF rating every season since LBJ left minus that first season they were in the bottom third of the league.

Touchť I had the filter wrong. Eye test certainly doesnít support it tho.

Iron24th
08-01-2019, 01:17 AM
What did I say that overrated them?

That they will be a playoffs team, nuff said.

mrblisterdundee
08-01-2019, 01:51 AM
East:
1. Philadelphia
2. Milwaukee
3. Indiana
4. Boston
5. Toronto
6. Brooklyn
7. Miami
8. Atlanta

West:
1. Los Angeles
2. Denver
3. Houston
4. Los Angeles
5. Utah
6. San Francisco
7. Portland
8. San Antonio

DanG
08-01-2019, 04:07 AM
Yea, I would say Green is streaky at best, but can be used to cover Bron's disinterested nights on defense. Cousins...He's such an unknown. PG is a huge issue IMO. I know they're thinking a Bron-Green-Kuz-AD-Boogie lineup or something like that; but I think that Rondo-Green-Bron-AD-McGee with Kuz-Boogie-KCP-Cook bench is better. But I will add that I think spacing is going to be a MAJOR issue for them to overcome.

While I agree the Lakers should be around 51-52 wins, I don't think spacing will be a major issue like last year. We have Green, Daniels, Bradley, Cook, Dudley all capable of shooting 37%+ from three. Then you have guy like Bron, Kuzma and KCP who can shoot too, but are more streaky.

Rondo & LeBron on the floor at the same time was last year one of the worst lineups for the Lakers plus minus wise I believe, so I don't think that's something we'll roll with. I believe the closing lineup will mostly be Bradley-Green-Kuzma-Bron-AD.

Kuzma will be that 3rd option on offense, he's fully capable of being that 18-20ppg player... his main shortcomings are on the defensive end though. Kuzma has shown to have a strong desire to get better in all areas, he tweaked his jumper this summer, also worked with Ron Artest on his defense, so excited to see what he brings.

To answer the thread, my predictions are:

1. Clippers
2. Nuggets
3. Lakers
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Blazers
7. Warriors
8. Mavericks (dark horse)

Can slip in: Spurs, Pelicans (less likely)

1. Bucks
2. 76ers
3. Pacers
4. Celtics
5. Raptors
6. Honestly
7. Don't
8. Care

The playoffs in the West will be intense from round 1, whereas the East will be worth watching from the 2nd round.

Iron24th
08-01-2019, 05:11 AM
While I agree the Lakers should be around 51-52 wins, I don't think spacing will be a major issue like last year. We have Green, Daniels, Bradley, Cook, Dudley all capable of shooting 37%+ from three. Then you have guy like Bron, Kuzma and KCP who can shoot too, but are more streaky.

Rondo & LeBron on the floor at the same time was last year one of the worst lineups for the Lakers plus minus wise I believe, so I don't think that's something we'll roll with. I believe the closing lineup will mostly be Bradley-Green-Kuzma-Bron-AD.

Kuzma will be that 3rd option on offense, he's fully capable of being that 18-20ppg player... his main shortcomings are on the defensive end though. Kuzma has shown to have a strong desire to get better in all areas, he tweaked his jumper this summer, also worked with Ron Artest on his defense, so excited to see what he brings.

To answer the thread, my predictions are:

1. Clippers
2. Nuggets
3. Lakers
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Blazers
7. Warriors
8. Mavericks (dark horse)

Can slip in: Spurs, Pelicans (less likely)

1. Bucks
2. 76ers
3. Pacers
4. Celtics
5. Raptors
6. Honestly
7. Don't
8. Care

The playoffs in the West will be intense from round 1, whereas the East will be worth watching from the 2nd round.

What about the nets? Even without KD they're not worse than last year. I think they might be top 5.

buckalis
08-01-2019, 06:21 AM
It's too early for one to predict the final standings... Many things will depend on:

1. The upcoming trades (particularly of Beal, Jrue Holliday, DA Russell)

2. How much better some players will become (particularly Giannis, AD, Beal, Jokic, Russell who are still very young with lots of room to improve)

Heediot
08-01-2019, 08:50 AM
I think OKC sneaks in there and Paul bounces back in a more effective way. He's still declining, but he'll be more useful running the show in OKC.

OKC-Dal-Pelicans will be a fun battle for a playoff seed. Even Kings.

WaDe03
08-01-2019, 09:06 AM
That they will be a playoffs team, nuff said.

So youíve backed off the defense thing now huh? Lmao! Youíre a joke. Miami was the 6th seed 2 years ago and actually have a star in their prime now and are a better team. The only reason they didnít make it last year was due to multiple guys going down with injury for big chunks of the year. As long as theyíre healthy theyíre for sure in. If me having them in the playoffs while mostly everyone else does too is why youíre so upset then you have a problem lol. But we both know the real reason why, it just hurt you when it was backed with facts.

Iron24th
08-01-2019, 05:26 PM
So youíve backed off the defense thing now huh? Lmao! Youíre a joke. Miami was the 6th seed 2 years ago and actually have a star in their prime now and are a better team. The only reason they didnít make it last year was due to multiple guys going down with injury for big chunks of the year. As long as theyíre healthy theyíre for sure in. If me having them in the playoffs while mostly everyone else does too is why youíre so upset then you have a problem lol. But we both know the real reason why, it just hurt you when it was backed with facts.

Two years ago? You compare 2 different teams from 2017 to 2019? Lol you're truly a joke.

WaDe03
08-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Two years ago? You compare 2 different teams from 2017 to 2019? Lol you're truly a joke.

Theyíve had the same damn team lol. Iím talking 2018 playoffs by the way so technically one season. But your backtracking is hilarious and itís clear as day youíre wrong so Iím done.

Iron24th
08-01-2019, 09:45 PM
Theyíve had the same damn team lol. Iím talking 2018 playoffs by the way so technically one season. But your backtracking is hilarious and itís clear as day youíre wrong so Iím done.

So you think adding butler can make you better even if you lost whiteside, richardson, mcgruder, johnson, ellington, yeah you're right you're done.

WaDe03
08-01-2019, 11:06 PM
So you think adding butler can make you better even if you lost whiteside, richardson, mcgruder, johnson, ellington, yeah you're right you're done.

Hahahaha man you donít know ball.

Whiteside being gone is a positive even if we received nothing in return. He wasnít motivated after his contract. Wish him the best in Portland and hope he balls out but he wasnít good here the last 2 or 3 years.

McGruder was a low level role player. Ellington was a sniper but couldnít guard a traffic cone, heís a situational guy at this point. Tyler johnson and his 20M contract? Stop.

We added a top 15 player, Winslow will be running PG (we had a top 10 offense when he did last year) and he will be another year older, Bam has the keys at C now and will have a breakout year Dragic is back and healthy we added Meyers Leonard to space the floor and lean/cut Waiters is back. Yes Iím pretty positive we got better lol.

Iron24th
08-02-2019, 02:24 AM
Hahahaha man you donít know ball.

Whiteside being gone is a positive even if we received nothing in return. He wasnít motivated after his contract. Wish him the best in Portland and hope he balls out but he wasnít good here the last 2 or 3 years.

McGruder was a low level role player. Ellington was a sniper but couldnít guard a traffic cone, heís a situational guy at this point. Tyler johnson and his 20M contract? Stop.

We added a top 15 player, Winslow will be running PG (we had a top 10 offense when he did last year) and he will be another year older, Bam has the keys at C now and will have a breakout year Dragic is back and healthy we added Meyers Leonard to space the floor and lean/cut Waiters is back. Yes Iím pretty positive we got better lol.

You're really delusional, just praying for the best outcome making your own scenario, butler alone will do nothing for your team.

WaDe03
08-02-2019, 10:13 AM
You're really delusional, just praying for the best outcome making your own scenario, butler alone will do nothing for your team.

Ok lmao funny how you try to turn the subject from the original argument. Weíre done here, move on.

Iron24th
08-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Ok lmao funny how you try to turn the subject from the original argument. Weíre done here, move on.

I'm waiting for you to move on since it's been 3 posts you told me that you moved on already :rolleyes:

WaDe03
08-02-2019, 12:40 PM
I'm waiting for you to move on since it's been 3 posts you told me that you moved on already :rolleyes:

Moving on now.

Iron24th
08-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Moving on now.

Again?

WaDe03
08-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Again?

I will now be excluding myself from this conversation

buckalis
08-02-2019, 03:43 PM
WEST:

1. Jazz
2. Nuggets
3. Clippers
4. Blazzers
5. Rockets
6. Warriors
7. Lakers
8. Spurs

EAST:

1. Bucks
2. 76ers
3. Celtics
4. Pistons
5. Nets
6. Raptors
7. Pacers
8. Magic or Heat (depending on if the Magic will land a PG or not)

Iron24th
08-02-2019, 05:22 PM
I will now be excluding myself from this conversation

Fine, feel free to do it.

WaDe03
08-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Fine, feel free to do it.

It has been done.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-02-2019, 08:02 PM
This conversation reminds me of this scene

https://youtu.be/3I0K-ymOTS4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
08-02-2019, 09:29 PM
I do agree that the Heat COULD lose in the 1st round if it all breaks right. Glad there was a 7 page debate on that.

TrueFan420
08-02-2019, 10:16 PM
I do agree that the Heat COULD lose in the 1st round if it all breaks right. Glad there was a 7 page debate on that.

Something has to keep the off-season going

Iron24th
08-03-2019, 02:54 AM
It has been done.

Great

Iron24th
08-03-2019, 02:57 AM

It was needed to.

Zuzer
08-05-2019, 05:48 AM
From
WEST:
Rockets
Warriors
Not sure about others.

JAZZNC
08-05-2019, 07:25 AM
From
WEST:
Rockets
Warriors
Not sure about others.

You're not sure about the Clippers? Interesting.

Tg11
08-05-2019, 04:14 PM
West

1- Clippers
2- Jazz
3- Lakers
4- Rockets
5- Warriors
6- Nuggets
7- Blazers
8- Spurs

East

1- 76ers
2- Bucks
3- Celtics
4- Nets
5- Pacers
6- Raptors
7- Pistons
8- Heat

1st Round Match ups

Clippers vs Spurs= Clippers
Jazz vs Blazers= Jazz
Lakers vs Nuggets= Lakers
Rockets vs Warriors= Rockets in a shocker

76ers vs Heat= Sixers
Bucks vs Pistons= Bucks
Celtics vs Raptors= Celtics
Nets vs Pacers= Nets

2nd Round Match ups

Clippers vs Rockets= Clippers
Jazz vs Lakers= Jazz in an upset

Sixers vs Nets= Sixers
Bucks vs Celtics= Bucks

WCF

Clippers vs Jazz= Clippers

ECF

Sixers vs Bucks= Sixers

2020 NBA Finals

Clippers vs Sixers= Clippers 2020 NBA Champions; Kawhi wins his 3rd ring but wins back to back Finals however he doesn't win Finals MVP...Paul George wins Finals MVP; Clippers win their 1st title in franchise history

Lil Rhody
08-05-2019, 07:13 PM
This conversation reminds me of this scene

https://youtu.be/3I0K-ymOTS4

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI was thinking Wayne's world after the show got trashed.

Go
Fine I'm going
I'm gone then
Then go

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

buckalis
08-07-2019, 07:01 PM
3 weeks before... clock is ticking fast...

Chronz
08-07-2019, 09:28 PM
West

1- Clippers
2- Jazz
3- Lakers
4- Rockets
5- Warriors
6- Nuggets
7- Blazers
8- Spurs

East

1- 76ers
2- Bucks
3- Celtics
4- Nets
5- Pacers
6- Raptors
7- Pistons
8- Heat

1st Round Match ups

Jazz vs Blazers= Jazz
Rockets vs Warriors= Rockets in a shocker

76ers vs Heat= Sixers
Bucks vs Pistons= Bucks
Nets vs Pacers= Nets

2nd Round Match ups

Clippers vs Rockets= Clippers
Jazz vs Lakers= Jazz in an upset

Sixers vs Nets= Sixers
Bucks vs Celtics= Bucks

WCF

Clippers vs Jazz= Clippers

ECF

Sixers vs Bucks= Sixers

2020 NBA Finals

Clippers vs Sixers= Clippers 2020 NBA Champions; Kawhi wins his 3rd ring but wins back to back Finals however he doesn't win Finals MVP...Paul George wins Finals MVP; Clippers win their 1st title in franchise history

This is the perfect timeline for us all

Pierzynski4Prez
08-07-2019, 10:01 PM
I was thinking Wayne's world after the show got trashed.

Go
Fine I'm going
I'm gone then
Then go

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Haha same here like right when I posted that video

WaDe03
08-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Great

Iíve decided that now would be the best time for me to end this conversation.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-27-2019, 10:22 AM

smith&wesson
09-27-2019, 11:25 AM
Milwaukee and Philadelphia will be the only relevant eastern teams.

- Toronto with no Leonard or DeRozan should have already had a fire sale.

- The Nets with no Durant donít have any hope in hell this season, as we saw Kyrie lead a more talented team no where last season.

- The Heat have work to do, Jimmy needs help

- The Pacers stayed relatively the same I guess? But no where near contention. Treadmill team

- The Pistons need better perimeter players around Griffen and Drummond. Is a shell of D Rose enough? How about adding a big 3 player? I seriously doubt it

- The Celtics regressed. They had more talent last year. Losing Kyrie hurt but Walker replaces him, losing Horford, Morris, Rozier hurt even more

- Magic - treadmill team

- Bulls, Cavs, Hornets, Wizards, Knicks & Hawks all rebuilding

And then thereís the west:

Clips, Lakers, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets, Blazers all have a decent shot, every match up you can think of in the west is going to be a great one.

Pelicans, Kings, and Mavs will be 3 of the most exciting young, up and coming teams to watch. They could sneak in to the post season as well.

Then you have the Warriors - you can never count out. If Klay is able to come back at some point they will be a dark horse.

Itís all about the West again.

bostncelts34
09-27-2019, 12:06 PM

replace Toronto with Boston and its pretty accurate for the most part. With a few being interchangeable.

smith&wesson
09-27-2019, 12:16 PM
replace Toronto with Boston and its pretty accurate for the most part. With a few being interchangeable.

Boston regressed ... they arenít a top 10 team by any means.

SteBO
09-27-2019, 01:41 PM
Love how 7 of the 10 Perkins listed are out West.

bostncelts34
09-27-2019, 01:53 PM
Boston regressed ... they arenít a top 10 team by any means.

They definitely regressed in talent wise . Kyrie/horford/morris/ rozier >>Kemba/Kanter/rookies

However the team i feel will play much better together with Kyrie and Rozier gone and if Tatum regains his traction i don't see how Toronto is better without Leonard. I am not saying Boston is a legit champ threat but i think its a pretty decent argument that they can be that 9/10/11 type of spot.

VCaintdead17
09-27-2019, 02:05 PM
Clippers
Bucks
Sixers
Nuggets
Rockets
Jazz
Pacers
Lakers
Spurs
Raptors

my prediction

VCaintdead17
09-27-2019, 02:05 PM
They definitely regressed in talent wise . Kyrie/horford/morris/ rozier >>Kemba/Kanter/rookies

However the team i feel will play much better together with Kyrie and Rozier gone and if Tatum regains his traction i don't see how Toronto is better without Leonard. I am not saying Boston is a legit champ threat but i think its a pretty decent argument that they can be that 9/10/11 type of spot.

Yeah I definitely think they're borderline for that 10th spot with Toronto. Their questionable front court is what makes me the most uneasy about them though.

bostncelts34
09-27-2019, 02:12 PM
Yeah I definitely think they're borderline for that 10th spot with Toronto. Their questionable front court is what makes me the most uneasy about them though.

I agree with that. I am not fond of Kanter and his horrid defense to anchor it down. But a roster of

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Hayward (year out of surgery)
Kanter
theis
Williams

and a few good potential rookie guys in Carson Edwards/Langford/Williams/Poirier. I think it definitely still puts you in the conversation at least. I wouldn't combat somebody disagreeing, but too say they are "no way near the top 10" is IMO pretty off.

smith&wesson
09-27-2019, 05:57 PM

Kanter is a pretty big down grade from Horford whoís impact isnít measured through stats. Horford is a smart player, ball iq is elite, sacrifices huge for the team, a great defender and held the front court down for Boston. Those are pretty big shoes to fill for Kanter.

warfelg
09-28-2019, 07:45 AM
Kanter is a pretty big down grade from Horford whoís impact isnít measured through stats. Horford is a smart player, ball iq is elite, sacrifices huge for the team, a great defender and held the front court down for Boston. Those are pretty big shoes to fill for Kanter.

Yey other members in the Horford Appreciation Club!!! :hi5:

smith&wesson
09-28-2019, 10:18 AM

With out a doubt ... heís just a winning type of player. Taking Horford away and replacing him with Kanter is a much bigger deal then some Celtics fans realize.

For the 6ers, adding Horford was brilliant, heís going to do so much for the development of Embid, and just overall heís going to help philly a lot this year. I have them in the finals edging out The Bucks to come out of the east.

smith&wesson
09-28-2019, 10:24 AM
I agree with that. I am not fond of Kanter and his horrid defense to anchor it down. But a roster of

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Hayward (year out of surgery)
Kanter
theis
Williams

and a few good potential rookie guys in Carson Edwards/Langford/Williams/Poirier. I think it definitely still puts you in the conversation at least. I wouldn't combat somebody disagreeing, but too say they are "no way near the top 10" is IMO pretty off.

My hope for Boston is:

1. Tatum breaks out and becomes an all star/super star level talent

2. Hayward gets traded for big that can help secure the front court

3. I think the league is sleeping on Smart, heís going to be a very good player for a long time and will only get better with experience. I see some Patrick Beverly/Kyle Lowry in him. Maybe a little Avery Bradley in his prime. Heís one of my favourite combo guards out there. I really like Smart.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-28-2019, 12:35 PM

Horford is a beast. But when playoffs come and games are scheduled much closer together or back to backs he drops off fast. Look at game 1 versus Bucks. He had over a weeks rest. He was a beast and kept Giannis in check. Game 2 and beyond he fell off. Also at max and his age. Philly is gunning for the trophy or bust now. Couple seasons you maybe using picks to dump him. 4 near max guys. That's a bit pricey. The bench shows it. I'm sure Richardson opts out of that bargain bin player option in 2021 summer.

RatbagTheCoward
09-28-2019, 01:26 PM
The same is definitely true for Miami. If the roster stays as it is right now the season will depend on how many games Butler misses and whether or not the potentials deliver + Dragic & Waiters come through.

Looking at last year's roster vs the rosters of Brooklyn/Charlotte/Orlando and even Detroit there should have been no way Miami finished behind them in the standings, but yet they did, Mainly by losing games they should have won earlier in the season. I am not taking anything for granted this upcoming season for sure.

:speechless::speechless::speechless:

RatbagTheCoward
09-28-2019, 01:28 PM
Miami has crazy defensive potential... They're long and big, and as much as I wouldn't want them to trade for Chris Paul, he would arguably make their defense even better (people tend to underrate how good he is defensively).

People like Zach Lowe have said that Orlando finishing 3rd in the East isn't out of the question, but I'm really not sure that a team who's no.1 and no.2 options being Vucevic and Aaron Gordon can really do that

hugepatsfan
09-29-2019, 10:32 AM
My hope for Boston is:

1. Tatum breaks out and becomes an all star/super star level talent

2. Hayward gets traded for big that can help secure the front court

3. I think the league is sleeping on Smart, heís going to be a very good player for a long time and will only get better with experience. I see some Patrick Beverly/Kyle Lowry in him. Maybe a little Avery Bradley in his prime. Heís one of my favourite combo guards out there. I really like Smart.

Hayward for a big is a good idea in theory but I don't see it coming to fruition. The money on his deal is too big for a team to take on and match salary back unless he gets close to all start form to make it worth it. And if he does that, BOS isn't going to trade him. Fit matters but so does talent.

I think BOS has enough talent. That's not their issue IMO. They just need to get pieces that fit. I think the core pieces that BOS will want to keep are:

Walker / Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum

That's at the PG through PF spot. Kemba is an all star/fringe all NBA guy provided he fits the system better than Kyrie did. Hayward in year 2 back from injury you hope gets back closer to his all star self. Tatum has flashed potential to be a top tier player. Brown has flashed potential to be a fringe all star. Smart is an all NBA defender and will be a 6th man of the year candidate if he can replicate last year's 36% 3 point shooting or even expand on it a bit.

As a Boston fan I think you just need to hope that those question marks get answered. That's really the only hope we have to make some noise.

I think the rest of the roster is where the movement will take place. Not in terms of landing a major impact player but just reshuffling the deck. The rest of the roster (and their salaries for trades):

Daniel Theis 5,000,000
Enes Kanter 4,767,000
Romeo Langford 3,454,080
Vincent Poirier 2,505,793
Grant Williams 2,376,840
Robert Williams 1,937,520
Semi Ojeleye 1,618,520
Brad Wanamaker 1,445,697
Carsen Edwards 1,228,026

We also have all of our own 1st rounders plus Memphis' pick in the near future (I think one or two more years of top 5-7 protection then unprotected).

Theis and Kanter are proven rotation players. Both of the Williams and Langford are recent lottery picks. Ojeleye is a great defender and been in the rotation at times (issue is his poor shooting). Edwards seems to have a good shot to outplay his draft status. Poirier supposedly is being looked at as someone who can come over with little fan fare but make an impact as a rotation piece, like Theis did 2 years ago. Wanamaker... has a salary to match trades lol. And then 1st rounders are 1st rounders.

My hope as a Celtics fan is that between players from that group stepping up and earning roles and any possible trades, we can put together a more cohesive group as a supporting cast to that core group I listed to start. Ideally you surround that group with spot up shooters and defenders. That's not what BOS has right now but I think the players they do have value that you could shuffle to another team for similarly valued players with more needed skill sets.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Hayward for a big is a good idea in theory but I don't see it coming to fruition. The money on his deal is too big for a team to take on and match salary back unless he gets close to all start form to make it worth it. And if he does that, BOS isn't going to trade him. Fit matters but so does talent.

I think BOS has enough talent. That's not their issue IMO. They just need to get pieces that fit. I think the core pieces that BOS will want to keep are:

Walker / Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum

That's at the PG through PF spot. Kemba is an all star/fringe all NBA guy provided he fits the system better than Kyrie did. Hayward in year 2 back from injury you hope gets back closer to his all star self. Tatum has flashed potential to be a top tier player. Brown has flashed potential to be a fringe all star. Smart is an all NBA defender and will be a 6th man of the year candidate if he can replicate last year's 36% 3 point shooting or even expand on it a bit.

As a Boston fan I think you just need to hope that those question marks get answered. That's really the only hope we have to make some noise.

I think the rest of the roster is where the movement will take place. Not in terms of landing a major impact player but just reshuffling the deck. The rest of the roster (and their salaries for trades):

Daniel Theis 5,000,000
Enes Kanter 4,767,000
Romeo Langford 3,454,080
Grant Williams 2,376,840
Semi Ojeleye 1,618,520
Brad Wanamaker 1,445,697
Carsen Edwards 1,228,026

We also have all of our own 1st rounders plus Memphis' pick in the near future (I think one or two more years of top 5-7 protection then unprotected).

Theis and Kanter are proven rotation players. Both of the Williams and Langford are recent lottery picks. Ojeleye is a great defender and been in the rotation at times (issue is his poor shooting). Edwards seems to have a good shot to outplay his draft status. Poirier supposedly is being looked at as someone who can come over with little fan fare but make an impact as a rotation piece, like Theis did 2 years ago. Wanamaker... has a salary to match trades lol. And then 1st rounders are 1st rounders.

My hope as a Celtics fan is that between players from that group stepping up and earning roles and any possible trades, we can put together a more cohesive group as a supporting cast to that core group I listed to start. Ideally you surround that group with spot up shooters and defenders. That's not what BOS has right now but I think the players they do have value that you could shuffle to another team for similarly valued players with more needed skill sets.

There's that rumor circulating around of Hayward to Cavs for Thompson and Clarkson. Not sure if the source is legit or not. Also Brown didn't get the max extension. Not sure if Celtics cave and pays it or trades Brown at the trade deadline. Since Tatum needs his extension following summer. Since you got Walker and Hayward paid. Unless Hayward is traded for cap relief. That's if they wanna keep Brown.

VCaintdead17
09-29-2019, 02:20 PM
Don't see any reason the Cavs would be interested in that deal unless they're getting picks as well

smith&wesson
09-29-2019, 02:28 PM

Walker / Smart
Brown
Hayward
Tatum

Daniel Theis 5,000,000
Enes Kanter 4,767,000
Romeo Langford 3,454,080
Grant Williams 2,376,840
Semi Ojeleye 1,618,520
Brad Wanamaker 1,445,697
Carsen Edwards 1,228,026

I see Hayward getting traded as soon as he builds his trade value up a bit.

I canít see a trade like Hayward and a pick for Steven Adams.

Maybe Hayward and a pick for Drummond could make sense.

I think Boston moving Hayward for a big is inevitable. Theyíre needs are in the front court and they have a glaring hole there

warfelg
09-30-2019, 09:42 AM
With out a doubt ... heís just a winning type of player. Taking Horford away and replacing him with Kanter is a much bigger deal then some Celtics fans realize.

For the 6ers, adding Horford was brilliant, heís going to do so much for the development of Embid, and just overall heís going to help philly a lot this year. I have them in the finals edging out The Bucks to come out of the east.

I think too being able to slide players down is going to be a huge asset. Give Horford nights off with Harris sliding down. Give Embiid nights off with Horford and Harris sliding down. In the playoffs being able to keep one of Horford or Embiid on the floor at any time is going to be huge for us.

smith&wesson
09-30-2019, 03:34 PM
I think too being able to slide players down is going to be a huge asset. Give Horford nights off with Harris sliding down. Give Embiid nights off with Horford and Harris sliding down. In the playoffs being able to keep one of Horford or Embiid on the floor at any time is going to be huge for us.

For sure, and Horford is a glue player. There wonít be issues chemistry wise as he plays well off the ball and is a good passer for his position.

Itís all about Simmons ability to gain some consistency with his shot at this point itís the only thing holding him back

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2019, 03:47 PM
For sure, and Horford is a glue player. There wonít be issues chemistry wise as he plays well off the ball and is a good passer for his position.

Itís all about Simmons ability to gain some consistency with his shot at this point itís the only thing holding him back

Simmons needs that three point shot. Did he even make one in a NBA game yet? Not to compare Simmons with MCW but man both chased triple doubles like crazy with 76ers. Yet MCW still was traded fast and being like rookie of the year and all. Sad when your forcing Embiid out to shoot threes when he should be cleaning up in the paint for easy dunks and hook shots like the usual big man.

Yet Simmons hogging the paint. Simmons needs the 3. Otherwise eventually something has to give. Good to see Embiid lost 25 pounds though. Still looked a bit husky yet in that tweet today showing the new starting 5 for 76ers.

Tg11
10-01-2019, 05:20 AM
East

1- Sixers
2- Bucks
3- Celtics
4- Nets
5- Pacers
6- Raptors
7- Pistons
8- Heat

West

1- Clippers
2- Lakers
3- Jazz
4- Warriors
5- Rockets
6- Nuggets
7- Trail Blazers
8- Spurs

Round 1 Playoffs (East)

Sixers vs Heat= Sixers
Bucks vs Pistons= Bucks
Nets vs Pacers= Nets

Round 1 Playoffs (West)

Lakers vs Blazers= Lakers
Jazz vs Nuggets= Nuggets
Warriors vs Rockets= Warriors

Round 2 Playoffs (East)

Sixers vs Nets= Sixers
Bucks vs Celtics= Bucks

Round 2 Playoffs (West)

Clippers vs Warriors= Clippers

Conference Finals (East)

Sixers vs Bucks= Sixers

Conference Finals (West)

Clippers vs Lakers= Clippers

2020 NBA Finals

Sixers (East) vs Clippers (West)= 2020 NBA World Champions Los Angeles Clippers; Kawhi wins his 3rd ring in back to back Finals appearances; Kawhi wins back to back Finals MVP