PDA

View Full Version : Steven Adams & OKC's remaining tradeble assets

Giannis94
07-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Not much talk about adams being dealt & I'm not sure why. Thought for sure there would be some talk especially considering it's reasonable to think that they could get a few more firsts for him. Excited to see where this "Process" goes after the team I'm not allowed to name has been redacted to something else. Name TBD but suggestions include "The draft N stash", etc. others welcome.

Also Robertson as he's an expiring & could surely help a contender.

Anyone else see any moves on the horizon?

TrueFan420
07-12-2019, 12:07 PM
No one is giving up firsts for Steven Adams. OKC would have to give up picks to shed that contract.

Tg11
07-12-2019, 12:55 PM
The question being where do you send Steven Adams though? I mean he would be a good fit in Boston with my Celtics especially we need rim protection

Scoots
07-12-2019, 02:36 PM
No one is giving up firsts for Steven Adams. OKC would have to give up picks to shed that contract.

They may find a way to do it without a sweetener. Adams isn't a bad player or have such a terrible contract you have to pay to move.

IndyRealist
07-12-2019, 02:54 PM

People keep saying that, yet it hasn't proven to be true this summer.

WestCoastSportz
07-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Good centers are still hard to come by. We see all these centers get drafted early and they never pan out. Guys like Jhalil Okafor, Willie Cauley-Stein, Frank Kaminsky, Jakob Poetl, Thon Maker, Georgios Papagiannis, Alex Len and Kelly Olynk. All recent lottery picks. So teams clearly still put a high value on centers and are willing to take a chance at getting a good, not great, one with their lottery pick.

Adams is still only 25 years old and averaged 13.9 points and 9.5 rebounds while being a physical defensive presence in the paint. He has two years left at a decent price of $54M. I think there are a few teams that would give up a first rounder for him in a heartbeat. I think he would do well on a team like Dallas.

beasted86
07-12-2019, 03:46 PM
I think Schroder can be a starter on a weaker team. But I don't see anyone trading a first for him unless they are dumping a bum player contract in the same deal:
IE: Magic trade Mozgov + 1st for Schroder

TrueFan420
07-12-2019, 11:59 PM
They may find a way to do it without a sweetener. Adams isn't a bad player or have such a terrible contract you have to pay to move.

Maybe they find a way to swing it without adding a sweetener but there is no way the OPs statement that it’s reasonable to think they can get a few firsts for him is accurate. They’d be lucky to move him for expiring contracts.

basch152
07-13-2019, 07:36 AM
Good centers are still hard to come by. We see all these centers get drafted early and they never pan out. Guys like Jhalil Okafor, Willie Cauley-Stein, Frank Kaminsky, Jakob Poetl, Thon Maker, Georgios Papagiannis, Alex Len and Kelly Olynk. All recent lottery picks. So teams clearly still put a high value on centers and are willing to take a chance at getting a good, not great, one with their lottery pick.

Adams is still only 25 years old and averaged 13.9 points and 9.5 rebounds while being a physical defensive presence in the paint. He has two years left at a decent price of $54M. I think there are a few teams that would give up a first rounder for him in a heartbeat. I think he would do well on a team like Dallas.

he averaged 9.5 rebounds while giving several a game up to Westbrook.

I have no doubt in my mind that he's challenging Drummond for the rebounding title on any other team

JAZZNC
07-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Adams is a damn solid player and super underrated. He's a better rebounder and scorer than he's ever been able to show in OKC.

SenileStern
07-13-2019, 10:34 AM
I think Schroder can be a starter on a weaker team. But I don't see anyone trading a first for him unless they are dumping a bum player contract in the same deal:
IE: Magic trade Mozgov + 1st for Schroder

Mozgov is back in Russia, Magic waived and stretched him before the PG trade happened. Maybe that was one of the reasons they had no interest to trade for Westbrook.

_Supreme_
07-13-2019, 12:02 PM
I saw Cleveland has six semi-large expiring contracts, so perhaps they should look into swapping some of those for Adams and Gallinari.

C - Adams
PF - Love
SF - Gallinari
SG - JR Smith
PG - Garland (?)

That looks respectable Imo and they would still have room left to improve the guard positions using the expirings they didn't trade to Oklahoma.

hugepatsfan
07-13-2019, 02:41 PM
I wish Boston could have known the whole OKC tear down was happening. Instead of clearing cap for Kemba, re-sign Horford and Morris with Bird Rights. Don’t salary dump Baynes.

Then either trade Hayward with picks for Westy the way HOU did with CP3. Or, jump in as a third team and send OKC Hayward for CP3. Hayward has one less year than CP3 which is why I think OKC would be cool subbing him in either of those scenarios.

Westy or CP3 / Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford / Morris
Baynes

We’d still have the MLE to add another wing.

TrueFan420
07-13-2019, 04:05 PM
I saw Cleveland has six semi-large expiring contracts, so perhaps they should look into swapping some of those for Adams and Gallinari.

C - Adams
PF - Love
SF - Gallinari
SG - JR Smith
PG - Garland (?)

That looks respectable Imo and they would still have room left to improve the guard positions using the expirings they didn't trade to Oklahoma.

If they want to be competitive that’s def a very interesting idea. Adams, Love and Gallo is potentially good enough in the east. If Garland or Sexton are legit they could make the playoffs. Don’t know if that’s what their trying to do tho. OKC might want to hold onto Adams if they think they can get a pick but getting out of all contracts should be their next priority. Obviously without including any picks.

basch152
07-13-2019, 05:07 PM

C - Adams
PF - Love
SF - Gallinari
SG - JR Smith
PG - Garland (?)

lol, that's a respectable team to you?

they might be able to win 25

TrueFan420
07-13-2019, 05:32 PM
lol, that's a respectable team to you?

they might be able to win 25

In the east... if both Love and Gallo play 70+ games that’s good enough to put them in the convo for a 7-8 seed.

basch152
07-13-2019, 07:29 PM
In the east... if both Love and Gallo play 70+ games that’s good enough to put them in the convo for a 7-8 seed.

even if Hayward were able to be as good as he used to be he isn't good enough to do that.

basch152
07-13-2019, 07:33 PM
not to mention you have j.r Smith starting...who even at his best was one of the most inefficient players in the NBA, and he's even worse now. if he's a starter on your team at this point you aren't winning many games.

you also have a rookie PG.

so long story short, you have a good player in gallo, a washed up injured player in Hayward, a solid player in adams, an inefficient negative in Smith, and a rookie.

that does not make a good team

TrueFan420
07-13-2019, 08:09 PM
not to mention you have j.r Smith starting...who even at his best was one of the most inefficient players in the NBA, and he's even worse now. if he's a starter on your team at this point you aren't winning many games.

you also have a rookie PG.

so long story short, you have a good player in gallo, a washed up injured player in Hayward, a solid player in adams, an inefficient negative in Smith, and a rookie.

that does not make a good team

They’d have Cedi, Nance, Sexton and Kevin Porter Jr off the bench. If they could keep Clarkson instead of Smith they’d be better. I’m not saying a lock or a dark horse Championship here. Legit .500 gets you an 8 seed. If that team is healthy they could be fighting for that spot.

Tg11
07-13-2019, 08:56 PM
Unless they send him to a team like Orlando

buckalis
07-14-2019, 07:30 AM
IMO, OKC shouldn't trade Adams at all after they've gone under the lux tax threshold...

Why should they do? They've now collected a ton of picks, they are under the lux tax, they've shaved a season's salary on their expensive PG, they have avoided the repeaters tax, they have a PG for their future on SG Alexander and still have a team core on CP3, Gallinari and Adams to be based on and compete for the playoffs...

If it was up to me, I would trade Schroeder after they landed Alexander and would use a couple of those picks as to supplement the starting roster with a SG and a PF so that they remain competitive and then use the rest of the picks as to gradually invest on their future...

That would be much more sensible than just "blowing it up".

Jamiecballer
07-14-2019, 12:54 PM
Adams is a damn solid player and super underrated. He's a better rebounder and scorer than he's ever been able to show in OKC.I agree, hes a huge buy low candidate in terms of trade

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

basch152
07-14-2019, 05:05 PM
They’d have Cedi, Nance, Sexton and Kevin Porter Jr off the bench. If they could keep Clarkson instead of Smith they’d be better. I’m not saying a lock or a dark horse Championship here. Legit .500 gets you an 8 seed. If that team is healthy they could be fighting for that spot.

I would be amazed if that team won 30 games