PDA

View Full Version : The Kyrie Contract: How many of the incentives will he meet?

Chronz
07-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Got this from ESPN

eight separate incentives -- $125,000 each, all deemed "unlikely" -- and thus not included in Irving's current cap hit. Irving's initial salary for 2019-20 is $31,720,000 -- exactly $1 million short of his maximum. Hitting all eight bonuses would make up the difference.

Known Incentives

He appears in at least 70 regular-season games.

He appears in at least 60 regular-season games and averages fewer than 2.4 turnovers per game. Irving has averaged 2.6 turnovers per game over his career, and between 2.3 and 2.7 in each of his past six seasons.

He appears in at least 60 regular-season games and attempts at least 4.6 free throws per game. Irving has averaged 4.4 free throws per game for his career, and has fallen below the 4.6 mark in each of his past two seasons.

He shoots 88.5 percent or better from the free throw line in the regular season. Irving is a career 87.5 percent free throw shooter. He has cracked the 88.5 percent mark in three of his eight career seasons.

Makes at least 2.8 3-pointers per game in the regular season. Irving has accomplished that just once in eight seasons. He has averaged 2.1 made 3s per game over his career.

He commits fewer than 2.1 fouls per game in the regular season. His career average: 2.2.

The Nets score at least 114 points per 100 possessions in the regular season with Irving on the floor.

I think theres a defensive rtg incentive but IDK. So, do you see Kyrie attaining true MAX status?

ewing
07-10-2019, 09:30 PM
All of em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
07-10-2019, 09:55 PM
If he went H2H with Steph for 82 games he would

crewfan13
07-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Those are really strange incentives. If you really think about it, they've asked him to give less on defense (don't commit fouls)and likely reward him for shooting more (if he shoots instead of passes he risks less turnovers while also getting looks up from 3 and free throws). And I don't get why the only shooting efficiency stat they focus on is ft% instead of other shooting metrics.

MygirlhatesCod
07-11-2019, 02:45 PM
I love it. I would be a fan of all contracts being 25% incentivized. maybe not to the degree of Irving's but tied to progression or stability. its surprising that winning a ship isn't at a higher value (incentive wise) for players.

crewfan13
07-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Why would any player want that? 15 guys a year would meet that goal and it's not even close to entirely on you if your team wins or not.

hugepatsfan
07-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Why would any player want that? 15 guys a year would meet that goal and it's not even close to entirely on you if your team wins or not.

Because he was taking less money to allow DeAndre Jordan to get more. These are structured as not likely so they donít count on the cap. They spread it across so many categories to allow him to make partial.

The real thing here is that he was taking less. The incentives were just a creative way to let him back potentially.

crewfan13
07-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Because he was taking less money to allow DeAndre Jordan to get more. These are structured as not likely so they donít count on the cap. They spread it across so many categories to allow him to make partial.

The real thing here is that he was taking less. The incentives were just a creative way to let him back potentially.

I was referring to the guy who said every deal should be based on championships. No player would want money tied into that. They would want the money up front.

Giannis94
07-12-2019, 11:18 AM
If he went H2H with Steph for 82 games he would

If he went head to head with Harden, he would. Harden is hella worse than Wardell