PDA

View Full Version : Spicy P Pascal Siakam

Tg11
07-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Do you think he has what it takes to be an All Star in this league? Or to be a face of a franchise type talent? I mean he obviously won Most Improved Player but I have to wonder if that was just a flash in the pan or does he step up from stardom into superstardom? I mean Siakam does have potential to be a superstar in this league. I don't take that away from him. I mean Pascal has the size to be an Embiid type or a Giannis type. Well he is lanky and athletic but I will say Pascal if he wants to be "The Guy" the undisputed guy the #1 option in Toronto...he is gonna have to basically become more selfish on the ball basically but also he needs to be more assertive/explosive when coming into the paint. Pascal he can shoot but he needs to work more on his shot too. If he can do that, sky's the limit for him. Am I right or am I wrong?

R. Johnson#3
07-10-2019, 07:04 PM
When Pascal got drafted Raptor fans saw Draymond Green as a best case scenario. Heís already surpassed that. Heís pretty much a shoe in to be an all star if you ask me. Can he be the face of a franchise? Weíll have to wait and see.

Pascal has improved every year. This year was the first time he actually got minutes and plays drawn up for him. Hell, Nick Nurse was even letting him bring the ball up the floor. Iím not ready to say that he can be an elite talent in the league but Iím willing to bet my bottom dollar that heís an all star next year.

Tg11
07-10-2019, 07:34 PM
When Pascal got drafted Raptor fans saw Draymond Green as a best case scenario. Heís already surpassed that. Heís pretty much a shoe in to be an all star if you ask me. Can he be the face of a franchise? Weíll have to wait and see.

Pascal has improved every year. This year was the first time he actually got minutes and plays drawn up for him. Hell, Nick Nurse was even letting him bring the ball up the floor. Iím not ready to say that he can be an elite talent in the league but Iím willing to bet my bottom dollar that heís an all star next year.

No doubt he will get votes but for Pascal he needs to put on muscle too by also working more on that mid range and long range jumper but if Pascal starts shooting 3s all of a sudden as a big...then as far as being superstar in the making then sure especially if he wants max dollars seeing as how after next season Spicy P is a restricted free agent

aman_13
07-10-2019, 08:03 PM
The Raptors are definitely banking on him being an all star next season.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

tredigs
07-10-2019, 08:11 PM

Already surpassed All-NBA/DPOY? :laugh: News to me.

Love Pascal though. Face of a franchise/superstar, etc? I don't see that for him. But with his reported work ethic, physical abilities and how late he picked up the game, we could see a couple more years of improvement out of him before he reaches his prime/peak. A dynamic, multiple time All Star who provides well above average worth on both sides of the ball is a reasonable/optimistic future for him. The overpowering game and/or dynamic playmaking that you see offensively from most superstars though is probably not coming for him.

mike_noodles
07-10-2019, 09:21 PM
No doubt he will get votes but for Pascal he needs to put on muscle too by also work more on that mid range and long range jumper but if Pascal starts shooting 3s all of a sudden as a big...then as far as being superstar in the making then sure especially if he wants max dollars seeing as how after next season Spicy P is a restricted free agent

I don't think there's anything wrong with his body. A big part of his game is taking people off the dribble and finishing at the rim, adding muscle may not be good for that portion of his game. He's already 25, it's not like he's a baby in the NBA and still needs to fill out. I do agree that he needs to work on his shooting a bit.

How much is his next contract do you guys think? Is he 5/170?

smith&wesson
07-10-2019, 09:34 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with his body. A big part of his game is taking people off the dribble and finishing at the rim, adding muscle may not be good for that portion of his game. He's already 25, it's not like he's a baby in the NBA and still needs to fill out. I do agree that he needs to work on his shooting a bit.

How much is his next contract do you guys think? Is he 5/170?

Woah thatís way way to much. I think he gets like 20 mill a year.

R. Johnson#3
07-10-2019, 10:19 PM
No doubt he will get votes but for Pascal he needs to put on muscle too by also work more on that mid range and long range jumper but if Pascal starts shooting 3s all of a sudden as a big...then as far as being superstar in the making then sure especially if he wants max dollars seeing as how after next season Spicy P is a restricted free agent

He doesnít need to put on any muscle. Dude is the energizer bunny out there. He just keeps running and if defences are lazy heíll get by everyone in transition. A lot of his game comes from out running guys or just being quicker than them.

The only hole in his offence right now is that he has no pull up jumper. He started developing his 3 ball this past season but all of his jump shots come off the catch.

R. Johnson#3
07-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Already surpassed All-NBA/DPOY? :laugh: News to me.

Love Pascal though. Face of a franchise/superstar, etc? I don't see that for him. But with his reported work ethic, physical abilities and how late he picked up the game, we could see a couple more years of improvement out of him before he reaches his prime/peak. A dynamic, multiple time All Star who provides well above average worth on both sides of the ball is a reasonable/optimistic future for him. The overpowering game and/or dynamic playmaking that you see offensively from most superstars though is probably not coming for him.

He isnít the defensive stalwart that Dray is but heís definitely no slouch. His offence is way ahead of Dray though. This year alone Pascal developed a plethora of moves along with sharpening his FT% and 3pt%. Dray has him beat in playmaking and thatís about it.

ewing
07-10-2019, 11:06 PM
Wow is this guy fastly becoming the most overrated player in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CptObvious71
07-11-2019, 07:13 AM
His progression is ridiculous. He hasn't even been playing basketball very long and has been doing all this in the best league in the world. He is very good, and could become a franchise player if he continues to work on his shooting as I suspect he will. He's barely scratched the surface on what he should become.

Cal827
07-11-2019, 09:47 AM

He's gonna ask for the max, I don't doubt that one bit. If we use Jamal Murray as comparison:

Murray averages more points and assists (by 1), but Siakam has him in:

Rebounds
Offensive Rating
Defensive Rating
Win Shares (His offensive Win Shares is more than Murrays TOTAL win shares... Siakam also boasts about a 4 Defensive WS)
PER
TS%

AND he has less usage %.

Murray just signed a Max deal, If Ujiri is able to not have to sign Siakam to a max, then the man deserves another award :laugh2:

Jamiecballer
07-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Already surpassed All-NBA/DPOY? [emoji23] News to me.

Love Pascal though. Face of a franchise/superstar, etc? I don't see that for him. But with his reported work ethic, physical abilities and how late he picked up the game, we could see a couple more years of improvement out of him before he reaches his prime/peak. A dynamic, multiple time All Star who provides well above average worth on both sides of the ball is a reasonable/optimistic future for him. The overpowering game and/or dynamic playmaking that you see offensively from most superstars though is probably not coming for him.I think he probably meant his ability to score. I hope he did.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

prodigy
07-11-2019, 10:15 AM
I think he probably meant his ability to score. I hope he did.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Is someone honestly taking Green over Siakam? lol that can't be real. Siakam is better at almost everything then Dramond. I'll give dramond defense But Siakam isn't a bad defender either. Sia is also 4 years younger.

basch152
07-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Is someone honestly taking Green over Siakam? lol that can't be real. Siakam is better at almost everything then Dramond. I'll give dramond defense But Siakam isn't a bad defender either. Sia is also 4 years younger.

playmaking and defense. it's more like siakim is only better at scoring.

mike_noodles
07-11-2019, 03:48 PM

I agree. But that's the max he can sign right? Same as Jamal Murray just signed, possibly could get more depending on when the deal gets negotiated.

mrblisterdundee
07-11-2019, 08:50 PM
He's a solid third option.

Tg11
07-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Pascal I know is gonna want a max contract but will Masai give him the max? Only way to do that is if Pascal goes beast and has a Giannis type improvement

prodigy
07-12-2019, 10:46 AM
playmaking and defense. it's more like siakim is only better at scoring.

Sia had over 3 assists a game and i don't believe he was asked to handle the ball as much as green. BTW green was passing to 3 of the best shooters EVER! Pretty sure its not difficult for a pro bball player to avg assists on that team. I'll give green defense though.

Not the mention Sia (far as i know) isn't near the headcase piece of crap green is.

mike_noodles
07-12-2019, 10:53 AM
He's a solid third option.

Troll harder.

smith&wesson
07-12-2019, 12:30 PM
I agree. But that's the max he can sign right? Same as Jamal Murray just signed, possibly could get more depending on when the deal gets negotiated.

I would not give him the max based off of one season. No way.

basch152
07-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Sia had over 3 assists a game and i don't believe he was asked to handle the ball as much as green. BTW green was passing to 3 of the best shooters EVER! Pretty sure its not difficult for a pro bball player to avg assists on that team. I'll give green defense though.

Not the mention Sia (far as i know) isn't near the headcase piece of crap green is.

you're delusional.

one of the many reasons the warriors have been so successful is because green is a top end playmaker. it's foolish to think otherwise or that siakim is even close to as good in that regard

prodigy
07-17-2019, 03:27 PM
you're delusional.

one of the many reasons the warriors have been so successful is because green is a top end playmaker. it's foolish to think otherwise or that siakim is even close to as good in that regard

Green is def their best passer mainly because he's not asked to score. Top end playmaker? i don't see that. I would have to see it this season minus klay and Durant. Once again he benefited from great shooters around him.

YAALREADYKNO
07-17-2019, 06:42 PM
Siakam 22 & 8 this year and will be an Allstar

pebloemer
07-18-2019, 10:38 AM

I think there is very little question he'll get the 5/170 max extension.

ChongInc.
07-18-2019, 01:37 PM

Masai is good with his guys. I think he'll get 25m/year.

TheDish87
07-18-2019, 02:49 PM
he is gonna look a lot different when hes not playing next to KL in the majority of his games.

Cal827
07-19-2019, 05:53 AM
Masai is good with his guys. I think he'll get 25m/year.

If so I would be stunned. As I said previously, if we use Murray as the Base, then I feel Siakam will want near max money, especially with the award.

Might be interesting to see if we will (now) see the effect of the Demar trade... Of course you make the trade 100 times out of 100, but the way Masai allegedly went about it was a little seedy. Demar also didn't resign for the full max, when he probably could've gotten it at the time from Toronto or another team that was interested. Do some players now ensure that they don't get completely messed and ensure they get as much money as possible?

I mean, I can understand players going for maximum value either way, but I wonder if that inside edge Masai seemed (seems) to have with his guys, stops at the negotiation table now.

prodigy
07-19-2019, 09:45 AM
he is gonna look a lot different when hes not playing next to KL in the majority of his games.

I'm wondering same thing about Green. We know hes a good 3rd or 4th guy when not asked to score. I'm wondering what happens when he has to be the #2. I love Russell but he can be inconsistent and shoots for low percentages.

crewfan13
07-19-2019, 10:16 AM

Bojan bogdanovic signed for $18.25 mill per year. He's 30 and averaged 18/4/2. Siakam is 24 and averaged 17/7/3 and dominated Bojan in win shares, PER and defensive stats. No chance he only gets $20 mill.

crewfan13
07-19-2019, 10:30 AM

Exactly. Tobias Harris got the max and by most advanced metrics, siakam last year was better than Harris has ever been for a full season. Harris had him in some of the counting stats last year, but teams are smarter with using more than that these days. And Pascal is younger than Harris with more potential. Hell get paid, especially when you consider the state of Toronto. He's pretty much the center peice going forward.

Tg11
07-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Exactly. Tobias Harris got the max and by most advanced metrics, siakam last year was better than Harris has ever been for a full season. Harris had him in some of the counting stats last year, but teams are smarter with using more than that these days. And Pascal is younger than Harris with more potential. Hell get paid, especially when you consider the state of Toronto. He's pretty much the center peice going forward.

Yeah Siakam more or less becomes the #1 option now that Kawhi is gone but even then will Siakam step up in terms of his overall numbers this season becoming All Star calibre or does he go right back to being a fringe player next season?

crewfan13
07-19-2019, 04:32 PM
Yeah Siakam more or less becomes the #1 option now that Kawhi is gone but even then will Siakam step up in terms of his overall numbers this season becoming All Star calibre or does he go right back to being a fringe player next season?

From a contract perspective, I dont think it matters. He's young and putting up numbers at or above older players who've gotten max deals, or at least deals that exceed his max deal.

We had this argument on the bucks forum with middleton alot. It's not is he worth the money, it's will someone give him the money and if you don't pay him, can you make your team better by using the money elsewhere? And the answer is most likely yes and no. Unless you're one of the few unique big markets or have a different star, you aren't attracting a max guy better than siakam. So it's either offer him the max or near max and build around him or rebuild.

ohreally
07-20-2019, 12:32 AM
Agree. Everyone has to take a breath and see whether he improves, plateaus, or regresses without Kawhi drawing some level of attention from everyone on the floor for the opposition.

Tg11
07-20-2019, 06:49 AM
Agree. Everyone has to take a breath and see whether he improves, plateaus, or regresses without Kawhi drawing some level of attention from everyone on the floor for the opposition.

Honestly he has to improve but I think he regresses honestly