PDA

View Full Version : LeBron to Play Point Guard

NBA all the way
07-08-2019, 05:25 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lakers-intend-to-start-le-bron-james-at-point-guard-184422305.html

Sorry, I know some won't think this is thread worthy, I just found it super interesting. It makes sense why they went after so many wings and combo guards now.

Article says LeBron and Green will be the starting backcourt. I assume this is so Kuzma and AD can start at the forward spots.

This has Kidd written all over it though, he was who tried to make Greek Freak play point during his time with the Bucks.

I don't think it's a huge deal because he already played point-forward and was the primary ball handler. Just the defensive side is where the questions come, I don't think he wants to chase little guards around but it does preserve him from having to bang down low with bigger bodies.

I know his rookie season he ran point with Darius Miles, Ricky Davis, Boozer and Big Z filling out the rest of the starting 5.

TrueFan420
07-08-2019, 05:40 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lakers-intend-to-start-le-bron-james-at-point-guard-184422305.html

Sorry, I know some won't think this is thread worthy, I just found it super interesting. It makes sense why they went after so many wings and combo guards now.

Article says LeBron and Green will be the starting backcourt. I assume this is so Kuzma and AD can start at the forward spots.

This has Kidd written all over it though, he was who tried to make Greek Freak play point during his time with the Bucks.

I don't think it's a huge deal because he already played point-forward and was the primary ball handler. Just the defensive side is where the questions come, I don't think he wants to chase little guards around but it does preserve him from having to bang down low with bigger bodies.

I know his rookie season he ran point with Darius Miles, Ricky Davis, Boozer and Big Z filling out the rest of the starting 5.

Doesnít make sense from the defensive side. Keep Kuzma on the bench as a 6th man. Iím sure theyíll play plenty of small ball. Start Avery Bradley as a 3&D PG.

Bradley
Green
Bron
AD
Center

6th man Kuzma

Bring Rondo on to run PG when Bron rests.

R. Johnson#3
07-08-2019, 10:58 PM
So LeBron is playing the same position he always has?

Alayla
07-08-2019, 11:05 PM
I feel between Lebron Greek freak and Simmons peoples expectations of what a pg should look like are going to start changing especially Simmons who plays the position full time both sides most of the time

Romeo Naes
07-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Ya right. He says that every year. He can never give up on his stats. They are his brand. Same way Westbrick and Hardhead cannot either.

blams
07-08-2019, 11:44 PM
Ya right. He says that every year. He can never give up on his stats. They are his brand. Same way Westbrick and Hardhead cannot either.What are you talking about? He isn't a stat padder. He basically plays point already and is a pass first player. And STILL ends up with crazy numbers every year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Romeo Naes
07-09-2019, 12:01 AM
What are you talking about? He isn't a stat padder. He basically plays point already and is a pass first player. And STILL ends up with crazy numbers every year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

:laugh:

IKnowHoops
07-09-2019, 12:02 AM
Bron is the best player in the game at 3 positions and for most of his career 4 positions. His best and most unstoppable position is PG though and the Lakers will dominant with him playing that full time. There is nobody more dangerous at initiating the offense than Bron. You need a double team to stop him from getting to the hole and he can make any pass ever. Maybe after this season the all-time leaguers in here will understand how unstoppable a team is with Bron playing PG. Bron playing PG full time, he should lead the league in assists on this team.

Romeo Naes
07-09-2019, 02:16 AM
Bron is the best player in the game at 3 positions and for most of his career 4 positions. His best and most unstoppable position is PG though and the Lakers will dominant with him playing that full time. There is nobody more dangerous at initiating the offense than Bron. You need a double team to stop him from getting to the hole and he can make any pass ever. Maybe after this season the all-time leaguers in here will understand how unstoppable a team is with Bron playing PG. Bron playing PG full time, he should lead the league in assists on this team.

Bronsexual much...

DanG
07-09-2019, 03:58 AM
Yeah the line-ups I like the most have LeBron at point guard. It should either be:

Bradley
Green
LeBron
AD
Cousins

or

LeBron
Green
Kuzma
AD
McGee

NBA all the way
07-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Yeah the line-ups I like the most have LeBron at point guard. It should either be:

Bradley
Green
LeBron
AD
Cousins

or

LeBron
Green
Kuzma
AD
McGee

I think the 2nd one is what they'll do opening night.

Will he guard opposing teams point guards though, you think?

Heediot
07-09-2019, 07:37 AM
I think Bradley starts as well

Bradley-Green-Bron-AD-Cousins (Kuz and McGee might get burn depending on match ups/need).

Heediot
07-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Bronsexual much...

:laugh::laugh:

NBA all the way
07-09-2019, 08:12 AM
I think Bradley starts as well

Bradley-Green-Bron-AD-Cousins (Kuz and McGee might get burn depending on match ups/need).
That makes sense, 2 swings and 2 bigs with LeBron.

My only thing is it's July, I wonder if by October the idea is already abandoned. Again, doesn't make a huge difference because he is the primary ball handler regardless.

IKnowHoops
07-09-2019, 01:03 PM
Bronsexual much...

Haha, mad that you canít disagree, I get it

bledrules
07-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Bronsexual much...

One of the best and most accurate posts on this site ever
Well done

naps
07-09-2019, 03:19 PM
In other news, the sky is blue. LeBron has been playing point guard his entire life.

Tg11
07-09-2019, 07:03 PM
If LeBron plays the 1 and plays point guard...I hope he plays more like Magic did in his heyday more passing and putting up triple doubles but strictly being pass first

Definitely make things more exciting by having LeBron become a true PG in every sense of the word

NBA all the way
07-09-2019, 07:29 PM
If LeBron plays the 1 and plays point guard...I hope he plays more like Magic did in his heyday more passing and putting up triple doubles but strictly being pass first

Definitely make things more exciting by having LeBron become a true PG in every sense of the word

Yeah, he tried it for a few months his rookie year before sliding over.

Tg11
07-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Yeah, he tried it for a few months his rookie year before sliding over.

He should stay PG from now until the end of his career...it is a perfect fit

NBA all the way
07-09-2019, 07:39 PM
He should stay PG from now until the end of his career...it is a perfect fit

True, he's already the primary ball handler. I just think he'll probably still guard 3's unless it's like Ben Simmons.

Lakers + Giants
07-09-2019, 10:02 PM
I hope its

LeBron
Green
Bradley or KCP
AD
McGee

with KCP/Bradley guarding the opposing PG. Do not want Kuz to start...

NBA all the way
07-09-2019, 10:27 PM
I hope its

LeBron
Green
Bradley or KCP
AD
McGee

It probably will end up being that. Guess LeBron and the staff just want to maximize spacing and touches for the dynamic duo.

TrueFan420
07-09-2019, 10:29 PM
I hope its

LeBron
Green
Bradley or KCP
AD
McGee

If thatís line up whatís the point of pretending Bron is PG and his role is somehow different.

Bradley
Green
Bron
AD
McGee

Thatís all players playing their actual position and Bron still running point forward like he always has.

IKnowHoops
07-10-2019, 12:19 AM
One of the best and most accurate posts on this site ever
Well done

From a dupe account though...

nastynice
07-10-2019, 01:02 AM
So LeBron is playing the same position he always has?

Lol, basically, and they'd be dumb not to play him as point.

bledrules
07-10-2019, 03:22 AM
From a dupe account though...

Meh whatever I just remarked on his comment which was spot on

Tg11
07-10-2019, 07:24 AM
I would go:

PG- LeBron

SG- Danny Green

SF- KCP

PF- DeMarcus Cousins (instead plays the 4)

C- Anthony Davis (playing the 5)

ewing
07-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Wow he normally plays off the ball so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tg11
07-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Plus with that Lakers starting 5 I just mentioned; it looks as formidable as any team in the NBA right now especially if you have LeBron at the 1 playing PG like Magic and you have Boogie and AD also in that starting 5

IKnowHoops
07-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Meh whatever I just remarked on his comment which was spot on

All Iím stating are facts

Dupe account posts means you are in your feelings

IKnowHoops
07-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Plus with that Lakers starting 5 I just mentioned; it looks as formidable as any team in the NBA right now especially if you have LeBron at the 1 playing PG like Magic and you have Boogie and AD also in that starting 5

Iíd go

Bron
Green
Kuzma
AD
Boogie

Kuz is ready to break out. The guy dropped 50 in a game..against Blake Griffin I believe last year. If Bron going to be facilitating, Kuz is high motor guy should be out there.

NBA all the way
07-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Iíd go

Bron
Green
Kuzma
AD
Boogie

Kuz is ready to break out. The guy dropped 50 in a game..against Blake Griffin I believe last year. If Bron going to be facilitating, Kuz is high motor guy should be out there.

It could be that as well, I just wonder in that scenario who guards the other backcourt player. Green will obviously have one, but one of those other guys has to chase around a smaller guard.

Tg11
07-10-2019, 09:55 AM
Or instead I would go:

PG- LeBron
SG- Danny Green
SF- Kyle Kuzma
PF- Anthony Davis
C- Boogie

desertlakeshow
07-10-2019, 11:07 AM
I do not think Kuz will have much success guarding the 2 spot.

MarkieMark48
07-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Or instead I would go:

PG- LeBron
SG- Danny Green
SF- Kyle Kuzma
PF- Anthony Davis
C- Boogie

This lineup should dominate the boards

mightybosstone
07-10-2019, 01:14 PM
Offensively, does it really matter what we call him? What matters is what players they put around him in the starting five and what their defensive assignments are. You don't want Lebron trying to defend point guards every night in a conference with Curry, Paul, Lillard, Conley, Westbrook, Holiday, etc. I'd start Bradley and Green and let them defend the opposing guards.

Vee-Rex
07-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Offensively, does it really matter what we call him? What matters is what players they put around him in the starting five and what their defensive assignments are. You don't want Lebron trying to defend point guards every night in a conference with Curry, Paul, Lillard, Conley, Westbrook, Holiday, etc. I'd start Bradley and Green and let them defend the opposing guards.

This.

Bron is gonna complain if he's the sole playmaker off the dribble. It sounds like sunshine and rainbows right now but over an 82 game season he's gonna need someone else to step up and take control of the offense from the perimeter.

Playoffs are another story and I have full faith he'll assume any role to go for the trophy.

MannyWood
07-10-2019, 03:48 PM

Common sense tells you he would be PG on offense only. Green and Bradley will probably be at the other guard spots or Rondo.

Why would Lebron guard point guards? Just because he is running pot guard on offense? Lol

Since they are calling him a point guard, do you think CP3, Lillard, or Westboro are going to feel obligated to guard him? Use some common sense.

IKnowHoops
07-10-2019, 04:47 PM
Common sense tells you he would be PG on offense only. Green and Bradley will probably be at the other guard spots or Rondo.

Why would Lebron guard point guards? Just because he is running pot guard on offense? Lol

Since they are calling him a point guard, do you think CP3, Lillard, or Westboro are going to feel obligated to guard him? Use some common sense.

Ding