PDA

View Full Version : how good is Westbrook; what's he worth?

Giannis94
07-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Serious question. If I'm a team I have a hard time dealing unportected picks 5-6 years from now for him when I don't think he's worth potential lottery picks.

I guess at this point, I'd rather have a PG like Conley over him given who westy is what he brings to the table considering his age & salary. Seems like Montee Elis in the sense that he'd need the right team around him to succeed. Maybe a team like PHX or NYK that has nothing to lose takes him on.

JAZZNC
07-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Phoenix just got Rubio who is perfect to help their young guys grow. Doubt they get Westbrook. NYK seems like a likely destination and the Heat have seemed to want him.

smith&wesson
07-08-2019, 01:24 PM
He needs a Westbrook whisperer. A coach who heíll listen to and a coach that will stand up to him. Other wise heís incredibly gifted and athletics. Something just needs to click in his head that he doesnít have to prove that heís a super hero and just play team ball. Heíll be good.

Scoots
07-08-2019, 01:45 PM
The only coach I think would have a chance with WB is Pop, and I don't know that Pop wants the headache at this point.

YAALREADYKNO
07-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Somebody will get desperate and throw everything for Westbrook and the biggest problem is I donít know how many times want an aging guard who canít shoot with that kind of contract. I can see Houston getting desperate thinking they need to make a move to keep up with the LA teams

Chronz
07-08-2019, 04:22 PM
OK, I get why teams would want a star but why would an analytically driven team like Houston want him? If keeping Harden happy is of the utmost priority, I get it but if its about winning, IDK.

crewfan13
07-08-2019, 04:51 PM
He's a bit of a dinosaur in this league now. He's basically Iverson. I think there's a chance you can build the perfect team around him with the right mix of shooters and defenders to compete but it won't be easy.

That would be fine to do if he were 25 and healthy. But hes 30 with alot of mileage on the tires. He's been asked to do alot lately as far as carrying the load. There's a real chance his decline starts soon and it could be a fast and noticeable decline. I just don't see a ton of value in that.

kobe4thewinbang
07-08-2019, 06:58 PM
They need to trade everybody else but him, IMO. They just killed themselves by extending him, which would take convincing another team that he is best thing out there because they'll be stuck with him. He's going to make 47m one year, geez!

They pulled a Clippers and signed him to big money, but unlike with Blake, they're unlikely to find someone to take him. He doesn't want a full rebuild, so they need to actually get him the players he needs to be successful in the playoffs (shooters, a more helpful big man) or fire Presti. They made this bed...

Peeps are saying the Heat, but Butler is clearly an alpha, and so is Russ. Good luck with that!

I doubt Chris Paul would be interested in OKC, but that's the only other avenue.

OKC should focus on simply getting rid of him, even if it means taking on other bad (but not as bad) contracts. They're not going to get much value for him, given that horrid contract. Another option is John Wall.

Wall to OKC
Beal to Houston/Miami
Russ to Washington/Miami

Maybe Russ can ease off that Alpha switch, doubtful IMO.

Romeo Naes
07-09-2019, 02:17 AM
He is worth a toaster lol. Honestly, he is untradeable @ this point.

ManningToTyree
07-09-2019, 02:50 AM
Stay away knicks. He needs the right situation where someone can hold him in check from playing hero ball every night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crewfan13
07-09-2019, 09:40 AM
They need to trade everybody else but him, IMO. They just killed themselves by extending him, which would take convincing another team that he is best thing out there because they'll be stuck with him. He's going to make 47m one year, geez!

They pulled a Clippers and signed him to big money, but unlike with Blake, they're unlikely to find someone to take him. He doesn't want a full rebuild, so they need to actually get him the players he needs to be successful in the playoffs (shooters, a more helpful big man) or fire Presti. They made this bed...

Peeps are saying the Heat, but Butler is clearly an alpha, and so is Russ. Good luck with that!

I doubt Chris Paul would be interested in OKC, but that's the only other avenue.

OKC should focus on simply getting rid of him, even if it means taking on other bad (but not as bad) contracts. They're not going to get much value for him, given that horrid contract. Another option is John Wall.

Wall to OKC
Beal to Houston/Miami
Russ to Washington/Miami

Maybe Russ can ease off that Alpha switch, doubtful IMO.

I'm sure you're planning on more peices, but the guys you brought up include two guys who likely have only minimal trade value at best and one guy who actually has really strong value in Beal. Just don't see why he'd basically be thrown into a deal like that unless a crazy amount of picks are attached.

Vee-Rex
07-09-2019, 09:44 AM
He averaged a triple double tho. That's all that matters.

/s

Giannis94
07-09-2019, 10:47 AM
He averaged a triple double tho. That's all that matters.

/s

He's a 47 m version of Montee ellis

Tg11
07-09-2019, 07:17 PM
4 team trade

OKC receives: John Wall
WAS receives: Westbrook
HOU receives: Bradley Beal
MIA receives: Chris Paul

TrueFan420
07-09-2019, 08:54 PM
4 team trade

Thereís zero chance Houston manages to turn CP3 into Beal

KG2TB
07-09-2019, 09:42 PM
4 team trade

Iím struggling to see who Miami gives up in this deal here.

TrueFan420
07-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Iím struggling to see who Miami gives up in this deal here.

Hahah I completely looked over that.

goingfor28
07-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Not very. Not much.

Giannis94
07-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Not very. Not much.

I'd only give a top 10 protected pick, maybe two for him.

goingfor28
07-10-2019, 05:37 PM
I'd only give a top 10 protected pick, maybe two for him.He's not worth a single top 10 pick imo. Dude is overrated and has a TERRIBLE contract.

kobe4thewinbang
07-10-2019, 09:05 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2z9zohy

bleedprple&gold
07-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Apparently not much. The Heat want him but don't want to give up Herro or Adebayo. So they are basically hoping to get him for free while unloading some bad contracts. Good luck with that.

futureman
07-11-2019, 04:41 PM
I don't see him helping the Rockets in any way shape or form. He is a ball dominant player and that is not going to work when another ball dominant player is the main focus of the offense. OKC should've traded Westbrook instead of Harden all those years ago. Of course this all hinges on finding a team wiling to take on Pauls toxic contract which I doubt.

TrueFan420
07-11-2019, 08:39 PM
I don't see him helping the Rockets in any way shape or form. He is a ball dominant player and that is not going to work when another ball dominant player is the main focus of the offense. OKC should've traded Westbrook instead of Harden all those years ago. Of course this all hinges on finding a team wiling to take on Pauls toxic contract which I doubt.

Looks like OKC was. I wonder if theyíll be able to flip him or if heís going to push to be bought out.

Giannis94
07-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Morey: **** psd. Hold your beers.

Dade County
07-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Nice video breaking down Westbrook & Cp3 play style...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjgP8kVUSS4