PDA

View Full Version : Are The Clippers The Best TEam in the NBA and the Favorites To Win The title?

LaVar Ball
07-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Under Doc's system they can be the 08 Celtics. You got Kawhi, George, Beverly and Harreell playing that D. Lou Williams the best 6th man out there. Complimentary parts like Harkless, McGruder and Zubac.

This team is ready to roll!

Thoughts

AntiG
07-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Tony Allen needs to sign with them

mightybosstone
07-08-2019, 11:50 AM
I love the roster makeup on paper, but there's just so many factors that go into determining who gets out of the conference, it's kind of impossible to make an educated guess regarding who wins the West this season. Health will be a huge factor with every top 4-5 team in the West having at least one guy who's either notoriously banged up or currently injured (Kawhi, Paul, Davis, Thompson).

Also, how quickly do the new cores of the two LA teams adapt to their brand new rosters? There's already a few solid teams in the conference like Denver, Houston, Utah and Portland who have experience playing together. Will those teams start fast and build a lead in the standings that makes it hard for the Lakers, Clippers and Warriors (sans Klay) to overcome?

We've seen in the past that a handful of wins and losses in the West can make the difference between being a top 2-3 seed and a 6-8 seed, and it will be hard for any team on the fringe of the playoff standings to overcome not having HCA and facing the gauntlet of teams in the West they'll have to face in the postseason.

Nunuu
07-08-2019, 11:55 AM
If Kawhi does win the finals for the clippers he will have given 2 franchises their first championship, how high will that push him on the all time great list?

LaVar Ball
07-08-2019, 11:57 AM
if kawhi does win the finals for the clippers he will have given 2 franchises their first championship, how high will that push him on the all time great list?

goat

LaVar Ball
07-08-2019, 11:58 AM
Clippers way better than the Lakers

Lakers have aging superstar in Bron, random pieces on the team that we don’t even know if they fit, still the whole fiasco of who the coach is Vogel? Kidd? How they fit into the system?

Just seems Clippers have the system in place already and now you’re adding 2 superstars. Lakers have too many new bodies, new system, varying parts.

Clippers have more stability than Lakers FO. Lakers losers, Clippers winners

unleashthebeast
07-08-2019, 12:08 PM
What's your goal here?

R. Johnson#3
07-08-2019, 12:22 PM
On paper the Clipps are the best team in the NBA. Just like the Warriors were the best team on paper last year.

IndyRealist
07-08-2019, 12:32 PM
The champs lost their best player. The other finalist lost their best player.
Teams like Portland, Houston, Philly have continuity.
Playoff teams like Utah, Brooklyn got better.
There is no clear cut favorite right now.

JAZZNC
07-08-2019, 01:16 PM
The champs lost their best player. The other finalist lost their best player.
Teams like Portland, Houston, Philly have continuity.
Playoff teams like Utah, Brooklyn got better.
There is no clear cut favorite right now.
This.

I can see possibly making them a slight favorite at this point just on name recognition and on paper fit but there are still a lot of really really good teams.

Denver is going to be adding a guy with #1 overall pick talent in Porter, Houston is obviously still really good, GS will be good especially if Klay can come back, Lakers will be improved, Utah got a LOT better.

In the East Milwaukee should be better with Giannis still getting better, Philly will still be great (if Embiid finally gets it they are scary), and the Celtics IMO will be much better this year with less drama.

smith&wesson
07-08-2019, 01:28 PM
I have Utah coming out the west next season. They made significant upgrades to the 1&3 positions. They were already a pretty good team. I think Conley and Bogdonavic will get them over the hump.

Scoots
07-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Don't like Doc as a coach, and a lot of possible injury issues on that roster, but Doc at his best and a healthy roster and they will challenge for best in the West.

mightybosstone
07-08-2019, 01:45 PM
I have Utah coming out the west next season. They made significant upgrades to the 1&3 positions. They were already a pretty good team. I think Conley and Bogdonavic will get them over the hump.

I really, really like what the Jazz did this season both in the starting five and through adding depth to the bench. They'll be a superior shooting team to what they were last season and should be a vastly superior offensive team—which has obviously been their biggest weakness.

But I just don't see them making the Finals. Ultimately so much of the playoffs boils down to star players making star plays and creating offense out of nothing. Balance is nice, but how many balanced teams without a top 15 player in the league have made the finals in the last 20 years? Maybe 3-4? The '04 Pistons and the aging Duncan-era Spurs come to mind, but that's about it.

JAZZNC
07-09-2019, 04:30 AM
I really, really like what the Jazz did this season both in the starting five and through adding depth to the bench. They'll be a superior shooting team to what they were last season and should be a vastly superior offensive team—which has obviously been their biggest weakness.

But I just don't see them making the Finals. Ultimately so much of the playoffs boils down to star players making star plays and creating offense out of nothing. Balance is nice, but how many balanced teams without a top 15 player in the league have made the finals in the last 20 years? Maybe 3-4? The '04 Pistons and the aging Duncan-era Spurs come to mind, but that's about it.
That is my worry. Unless Mitchell makes a significant jump I think it'll be tough sledding against LA's and Houston. I know GS is still gonna be tough and so will Denver I just think we matchup poorly against either LA team and your team.

I was feeling really good until LA got BOTH Kawhi and George. Having two guys that big that can go get theirs whenever they want....that's gonna be rough for anybody. I still really love what we did in the off-season and think we can compete with anybody. But I honestly think it's gonna be hard as hell for anybody to make it out of the West.

Warriors, Rockets, Nuggets, Clippers, Jazz, Blazers, Lakers.....one of those teams is a ****ing 7 seed. Say that out loud and think about how ridiculous it is!

More-Than-Most
07-09-2019, 04:34 AM
Clippers way better than the Lakers

Lakers have aging superstar in Bron, random pieces on the team that we don’t even know if they fit, still the whole fiasco of who the coach is Vogel? Kidd? How they fit into the system?

Just seems Clippers have the system in place already and now you’re adding 2 superstars. Lakers have too many new bodies, new system, varying parts.

Clippers have more stability than Lakers FO. Lakers losers, Clippers winners

They are better but way better? No... Dont speak of pieces when AD fitting with lebron will be easier than PG13/KL fitting together. That will take time also... Lakers have good free agents now... the clippers are better but if lebron is lebron the lakers win 7 out of 10 times

HowFit
07-09-2019, 05:16 AM
This.

I can see possibly making them a slight favorite at this point just on name recognition and on paper fit but there are still a lot of really really good teams.

Denver is going to be adding a guy with #1 overall pick talent in Porter, Houston is obviously still really good, GS will be good especially if Klay can come back, Lakers will be improved, Utah got a LOT better.

In the East Milwaukee should be better with Giannis still getting better, Philly will still be great (if Embiid finally gets it they are scary), and the Celtics IMO will be much better this year with less drama.

Exactly my thoughts...

Heediot
07-09-2019, 07:00 AM
Lakers and Clippers are real close IMO. It's going to come down to health and Chemistry. Kawhi and Lebron have the mettle/game and knows what it takes to win it all. All the teams like Den/Phi/Hou/Mil/Uta etc need to showmore when it matters. GS is a wild card barring health, but don't sleep on them. They may end up being the best of the bunch.

Jamiecballer
07-09-2019, 07:41 AM
Yes, easily

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

WestCoastSportz
07-09-2019, 03:41 PM
The Lakers don't have a lot of depth behind the starters and I'm not sure we're going to see Lebron for 75 games @ 35 minutes per at 35 years old. That just asking a lot. The Clippers have more depth. If all it took were two great players, then OKC should have been a better team than they have been the past 5 years. It takes an entire roster to get through 82 games and then the playoffs which is why I'd give the advantage to the Clippers.

LaVar Ball
07-15-2019, 11:52 AM
As a Laker fan, I am scared to death about the Clippers. The more I think about it, the more I dread facing Kawhi in a 7-game series.

Damn you Jeanie

Jerry West > Rob Pelinka

crewfan13
07-15-2019, 04:08 PM

I feel the same way. Balanced teams without a star don't usually win it. If the supporting casts are even remotely close, it's almost always wise to bet on the team with the best player. And while Utah has a great supporting cast, I just don't think it's so head and shoulders above everyone else that they would have an advantage.

That being said, this would be the year to steal one. I know they're incorporating new guys, but at least some of their guys are back and the roles will be somewhat clearly defined. Both LA teams and Houston will likely have some growing pains incorporating new, big pieces. So this might be the season to capitalize with klay and Durant out for a good chunk and those teams potentially having a learning curve.

Dade County
07-15-2019, 04:52 PM
Under Doc's system they can be the 08 Celtics. You got Kawhi, George, Beverly and Harreell playing that D. Lou Williams the best 6th man out there. Complimentary parts like Harkless, McGruder and Zubac.

This team is ready to roll!

Thoughts

I favor Lakers & GS.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-15-2019, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I think they are the clear favorites.

BSF101
07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
My honest opinion no My money’s still in Milwaukee to win it all

BSF101
07-15-2019, 08:30 PM
As a Laker fan, I am scared to death about the Clippers. The more I think about it, the more I dread facing Kawhi in a 7-game series.

Damn you Jeanie

Jerry West > Rob Pelinka

Really? I predicted a Lakers vs Bucks Finals
and this is coming from a Celtics fan.

TylerSL
07-16-2019, 03:18 AM
The answer is yes. As currently constructed, the Clippers have the best roster and should go into the season as the favorite. Their starting 5 will prob be Bev/Shamet/Kawhi/PG/Zubac, meaning that they will keep Lou, Harrell, and Green on the bench. Their closing lineup will probably be Bev/Lou/Kawhi/PG/Harrell. They'll probably have the best defense in the NBA, an offense led by Kawhi and PG, and one of the most productive benches in the NBA.

They are not absolute locks to win like the Warriors were with Kevin Durant, but they deserve to have the distinction of being the favorites.

TylerSL
07-16-2019, 03:21 AM
Really? I predicted a Lakers vs Bucks Finals
and this is coming from a Celtics fan.

I think the Lakers are a few pieces away from being better than the Clippers. If they get Korver that would help, and maybe they'll be able to get someone in the buyout market after the trade deadline :shrug:

Lakers have a chance for sure, but they'll need to catch some breaks.

Cracka2HI!
07-18-2019, 10:33 PM
I don't think the Clippers will win it, mainly because they are my team and like so many others have mentioned....the West and really whole league is really balanced at the top right now. They should definitely be the favorites though. The best way to look at them is as a team that won 48 games and beat Golden State twice on the road when they were at full strength. Literally no team did that during the KD era. Then they essentially traded Danillo Gallinari and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander for Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. I can definitely see a few teams end up being better but I don't buy the issues the Clippers have people bring up. They are currently constructed better than any team in the league.

Chronz
07-18-2019, 10:54 PM
I don't think the Clippers will win it, mainly because they are my team and like so many others have mentioned....the West and really whole league is really balanced at the top right now. They should definitely be the favorites though. The best way to look at them is as a team that won 48 games and beat Golden State twice on the road when they were at full strength. Literally no team did that during the KD era. Then they essentially traded Danillo Gallinari and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander for Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. I can definitely see a few teams end up being better but I don't buy the issues the Clippers have people bring up. They are currently constructed better than any team in the league.

538 has us winning less games this year. that sounds way too low and if vegas agrees with them im taking that over

DanG
07-19-2019, 04:26 AM
Clippers are the slight favourites, mainly because of the fit.

Lakers are 2nd, the knock against them is the question mark about health.

Rockets have a huge question mark about how Russ/Harden will fit.

Just talking about the Western conference.

pebloemer
07-19-2019, 12:26 PM
Clippers are one of many teams that are contenders for a title this year. I really don't know how to rank it with all the changes throughout the league, but they look great on paper.

Out West is ridiculous.

Jazz had an excellent off-season and were already a strong team.
Lakers obviously look better with AD.
There was a ton to like about Denver last year and they'll have some continuity, development of youth to bank on.
I didn't love the Westbrook move, but Houston is absolutely a threat if it meshes right.
Golden State is still Golden State - when will Klay return?