PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Kawhi

jericho
07-06-2019, 10:56 AM
I think we have to take sometime and thank Kawhi for making the NBA interesting again. The league has never been this wide open before. We have multiple teams that we can say have a legit shot at the championship.

NBA all the way
07-06-2019, 11:16 AM
I think we have to take sometime and thank Kawhi for making the NBA interesting again. The league has never been this wide open before. We have multiple teams that we can say have a legit shot at the championship.

Literally why I joined the forum, just to have people to talk about all these different teams with.

https://youtu.be/VjaJfbqdA_A

mike_noodles
07-06-2019, 11:53 AM

I disagree. Adamantly. Itís just the appearance that itís wide open. Thereís really only 4 or so real contenders. Just like every other year.

SiteWolf
07-06-2019, 12:10 PM
I disagree. Adamantly. Itís just the appearance that itís wide open. Thereís really only 4 or so real contenders. Just like every other year.

really, and who do you suggest those 4 or so are?

however, I don't give Kawhi credit for making this happen...he was just the last major piece of the puzzle and weakened 3 teams in the process (Toronto by leaving, Lakers by not signing, and Thunder by persuading George to leave)

I just chuckle at those suggesting the Lakers and Warriors are top contenders....playoff teams, sure. I also don't see the Clippers as automatically top contenders......so with all that said, with so many questions remaining, just the West alone more so in years will be a dogfight

R. Johnson#3
07-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Not only does Kawhi want to be better at basketball than Lebron. He wants to be better at collusion.

blams
07-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Not only does Kawhi want to be better at basketball than Lebron. He wants to be better at collusion.Kawhi can't be better than LeBron. Call me when he has 8 finals appearances (with teams as bad as the 2 cavs teams LBJ carried to the finals and the last heat team that fell apart in the playoffs)

Oh, and 4 MVP's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
07-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Kawhi can't be better than LeBron. Call me when he has 8 finals appearances (with teams as bad as the 2 cavs teams LBJ carried to the finals and the last heat team that fell apart in the playoffs)

Oh, and 4 MVP's.

And Kawhi has 2 rings on 2 teams that he wasn't able to construct himself. Kawhi is well on his way to being a legendary player. The Clippers are set up for a very long time now. Kawhi may already be better at colluding though.

Harrell
Kawhi
PG
Who cares
Beverly

Nobody is going to score on them.

ciaban2.0
07-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Kawhi can't be better than LeBron. Call me when he has 8 finals appearances (with teams as bad as the 2 cavs teams LBJ carried to the finals and the last heat team that fell apart in the playoffs)

Oh, and 4 MVP's.

A lot of that has to do with how bad the east is.

mike_noodles
07-07-2019, 11:05 AM
really, and who do you suggest those 4 or so are?

however, I don't give Kawhi credit for making this happen...he was just the last major piece of the puzzle and weakened 3 teams in the process (Toronto by leaving, Lakers by not signing, and Thunder by persuading George to leave)

I just chuckle at those suggesting the Lakers and Warriors are top contenders....playoff teams, sure. I also don't see the Clippers as automatically top contenders......so with all that said, with so many questions remaining, just the West alone more so in years will be a dogfight

Clippers, Lakers, Nuggets, Bucks and maybe you can add Philly.

jericho
07-07-2019, 02:36 PM

So Warriors and Rockets are not title contenders anymore? Are the nuggets and bucks that much better than them?

SiteWolf
07-07-2019, 04:58 PM

So, no Jazz, Blazers, Pacers, Warriors, Rockets......
But yes to the Lakers....
Think you need more noodles

mike_noodles
07-07-2019, 05:22 PM
So Warriors and Rockets are not title contenders anymore? Are the nuggets and bucks that much better than them?

The Warriors, no. Not until Klay comes back and is 100%. The Rockets have no real shot at a championship as currently constructed.

mike_noodles
07-07-2019, 05:30 PM
So, no Jazz, Blazers, Pacers, Warriors, Rockets......
But yes to the Lakers....
Think you need more noodles

No I just live on the reality that is the NBA. It hurts when your team isnít on the list I know, but thatís how the NBA is. The Lakers have Lebron, give him some help and heís a contender, heís now got it in LA.

Jazz are a fantastic team, but theyíre not real contenders. Portland was hard to leave off the list, but when push comes to shove they arenít really there either. Pacers? I think youíve been smoking noodles if you believe they have a real shot. Superstars when ships in this league. Those three teams donít have em.

Rockets are close, but Paul is old and often hurt. Theyíve done nothing to help their own cause at this point. I fail to see how they are contenders when they couldnít beat the Warriors sans Durant. The Warriors, not in that league until Klay comes back and is healthy, and even then itís gonna be tough.

blams
07-07-2019, 07:12 PM
And Kawhi has 2 rings on 2 teams that he wasn't able to construct himself. Kawhi is well on his way to being a legendary player. The Clippers are set up for a very long time now. Kawhi may already be better at colluding though.

Harrell
Kawhi
PG
Who cares
Beverly

Nobody is going to score on them.Please, he was on STACKED teams. The spurs and then the Raptors, a conference finals team he joined

Pierzynski4Prez
07-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Please, he was on STACKED teams. The spurs and then the Raptors, a conference finals team he joined

You mean was traded to the raptors for arguably their best player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiteWolf
07-07-2019, 07:33 PM
No I just live on the reality that is the NBA. It hurts when your team isnít on the list I know, but thatís how the NBA is. The Lakers have Lebron, give him some help and heís a contender, heís now got it in LA.

Jazz are a fantastic team, but theyíre not real contenders. Portland was hard to leave off the list, but when push comes to shove they arenít really there either. Pacers? I think youíve been smoking noodles if you believe they have a real shot. Superstars when ships in this league. Those three teams donít have em.

Rockets are close, but Paul is old and often hurt. Theyíve done nothing to help their own cause at this point. I fail to see how they are contenders when they couldnít beat the Warriors sans Durant. The Warriors, not in that league until Klay comes back and is healthy, and even then itís gonna be tough.

firstly, the NBA and reality don't really co-exist...secondly, I could care less who you have on your list.........I just find it hilarious that LeBron + AD - Ingram - Ball = top contender but a team like the Blazers, who may have been in the Finals instead of the Warriors if they had Nurkic are not....to you. Dame isn't a superstar either, OK....

NBA all the way
07-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Please, he was on STACKED teams. The spurs and then the Raptors, a conference finals team he joined

That's really odd to bring up the 2016 playoffs.

ciaban2.0
07-07-2019, 08:39 PM
The best headline I've seen so far about his Clippers signing...
"1 Bored Player blows up the Big 3 era."

ewing
07-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Why are we acting like everyone knew who was going to win the finals the last 4 years? Iím the only poster on here that I know of that said 2nd Cavs/Warriors series was a toss up and took the Raptors [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike_noodles
07-07-2019, 08:59 PM
firstly, the NBA and reality don't really co-exist...secondly, I could care less who you have on your list.........I just find it hilarious that LeBron + AD - Ingram - Ball = top contender but a team like the Blazers, who may have been in the Finals instead of the Warriors if they had Nurkic are not....to you. Dame isn't a superstar either, OK....

Plus Cousins, Green, etc. They look a lot more like a contender this year.

And no Dame isnít a superstar. 25ppg doesnít make you a superstar. Heís in the next tier. Guys like Harden, Durant, James, Kawhi. Those are the superstars.