PDA

View Full Version : Sources

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 09:25 AM
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kawhi-leonard-and-his-camp-found-it-comical-that-reports-stated-he-was-going-to-lakers-raptors-576818.html

Man do some of these guys look like major dumbasses right now... KL didnt just play the lakers he ****ed just about every sports guy with sources lol

SteBO
07-06-2019, 09:29 AM
Kawhi pretty much confirmed that nobody knows **** about anything. I've spent the last hour watching FS1 undisputed vids of Broussard acting like the Lakers were a sure thing...and haven't stopped smiling.

IndyRealist
07-06-2019, 10:46 AM
I have been saying for YEARS not to trust anything these guys say. They're not journalists, they have no ethics.

mike_noodles
07-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Itís all about headlines and clicks. They use words like MAY, MIGHT or MAYBE so theyíre never technically wrong and save face.

Scoots
07-06-2019, 12:55 PM
I have been saying for YEARS not to trust anything these guys say. They're not journalists, they have no ethics.

They know that the more they say the more likely they will say something right.

IndyRealist
07-06-2019, 12:58 PM
They know that the more they say the more likely they will say something right.

Not only that, but if they say something right 1 in 20 times, readers will focus on the one time they were right and not the 19 times they were wrong.

TylerSL
07-06-2019, 01:30 PM
I don't actually believe reporters are lying when all these different reports are coming out, I just think they report on a lot of hearsay. In the internet age, you have to get information out lightning quick to keep up with everyone else. Reporters are all competing with one another to get information out the quickest to get as many eyeballs to look their way as possible, that's the job. In the process of that they report everything they hear, even if it's ********.

They probably talk to anyone they can that's close to a team or player that would be a source of information, that could be a team ball boy or someone who works in the HR department. The ball boy or HR rep wouldn't actually know anything but might sell "information" to a nosy reporter looking for a story. The reporter would buy that information from said "source" and report it. That's how a lot of misinformation gets spread in the media. It's not the media intentionally lying as some people might say, including the President of the United States. It's that news in the internet age no longer has time to be properly vetted, because if they don't report something, someone else will.

A lot of reporters were made out to be a bunch of suckers, that's just what journalism is today for better or worse.

IndyRealist
07-06-2019, 02:27 PM
I don't actually believe reporters are lying when all these different reports are coming out, I just think they report on a lot of hearsay. In the internet age, you have to get information out lightning quick to keep up with everyone else. Reporters are all competing with one another to get information out the quickest to get as many eyeballs to look their way as possible, that's the job. In the process of that they report everything they hear, even if it's ********.

They probably talk to anyone they can that's close to a team or player that would be a source of information, that could be a team ball boy or someone who works in the HR department. The ball boy or HR rep wouldn't actually know anything but might sell "information" to a nosy reporter looking for a story. The reporter would buy that information from said "source" and report it. That's how a lot of misinformation gets spread in the media. It's not the media intentionally lying as some people might say, including the President of the United States. It's that news in the internet age no longer has time to be properly vetted, because if they don't report something, someone else will.

A lot of reporters were made out to be a bunch of suckers, that's just what journalism is today for better or worse.

Sports reporting maybe, but that's not what journalism is. Sports media are not journalists.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Ever since Broussardís albino *** got Bulls fans hopes up in 2010, I donít trust any of these guys.

IndyRealist
07-11-2019, 11:47 AM
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2019/07/10/jay-onrait-says-chris-broussard-biggest-fraud-sports-media-history?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_si&utm_campaign=sportsillustrated&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR1ccKMhjzW-tyCpBjni3Ee8QCTlsZLcZZAuCtp51FQ4S9lBZMtg72lffVA

The current host of SC with Jay and Dan on Canada's TSN and former host of FS1's Fox Sports Live, pulled no punches on the most recent edition of The Jay and Dan Podcast when it came to calliing out NBA "insiders" for providing a steady stream of bad information. Onrait called out Stephen A. Smith, Max Kellerman and daytime hot take shows, but he saved his biggest daggers for former FOX colleague Chris Broussard.

Broussard famously tweeted that the Clippers were out of the Kawhi Leonard running and that the superstar wanted to sign with the Lakers two days before Leonard joined the Clippers. This led to Onrait calling Broussard, "the biggest f-cking fraud in the history of sports media, ever," on his podcast.

SteBO
07-11-2019, 12:11 PM
The guy should just stick to being a talking head on TV.

SiteWolf
07-11-2019, 01:31 PM
The guy should just stick to being a talking head on TV.

most of 'em are talking butt cheeks....you know, *** holes
far more worried they won't be the first with news than they are with actually having facts

SenileStern
07-12-2019, 04:31 AM
These clowns keep lying. Broussard now claimed he knew about PG and Kawhi to Clippers at 10:57pm and the story broke at 11:15. However, he was asleep and couldn't report it: here at 1:53

https://youtu.be/uJhYoxVNrf4?t=107

Also last week, SAS claimed his Clippers sources told him Kawhi to the Lakers ain't happening. Of course, he never reported it until after it happened lol:

https://youtu.be/NJzsxdswf9E?t=32