PDA

View Full Version : Lets give Credit where it is deserved

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 04:18 AM
Is there a better executive than jerry ****ing west? Holy **** this dude is a god. No need to put someone else on the logo... he isnt the goat player but he is far better than Jordan at basketball in general... Jerry west is a god.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-06-2019, 04:40 AM
They gave up a lot of picks, and I mean a lot. Better win soon or they are ****ed.

R. Johnson#3
07-06-2019, 07:00 AM
Is there a better executive than jerry ****ing west? Holy **** this dude is a god. No need to put someone else on the logo... he isnt the goat player but he is far better than Jordan at basketball in general... Jerry west is a god.

Masai Ujiri

KnickNyKnick
07-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Clippers won the offseason.

warfelg
07-06-2019, 07:23 AM
Masai Ujiri

No.If the Clips land a championship, West would have created great teams in 3 different spots.

cheetos185
07-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Is there a better executive than jerry ****ing west? Holy **** this dude is a god. No need to put someone else on the logo... he isnt the goat player but he is far better than Jordan at basketball in general... Jerry west is a god.Traded 5 draft picks lol god my ***.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Cal827
07-06-2019, 07:33 AM
They better hope that George/Kawhi mesh with all of those unprotected picks they gave up. I mean, I don't see how they wouldn't exactly, but if they don't, this is gonna hurt.

But yeah what a random coup... this was the first time I heard George wanting out... I'll give the Clips credit, from the candidates for Leonard, they definitely were the most quiet over their intentions/plans and pulled off a massive coup.

R. Johnson#3
07-06-2019, 07:34 AM
No.If the Clips land a championship, West would have created great teams in 3 different spots.

It'll be impressive but every situation will have involved and humongous free agent signing. If Masai gets that there's no telling what he could do. Masai built a team with late draft picks, fired his COY then struck when the iron was hot and traded one of the most loved Raptors ever.

warfelg
07-06-2019, 07:39 AM
It'll be impressive but every situation will have involved and humongous free agent signing. If Masai gets that there's no telling what he could do. Masai built a team with late draft picks, fired his COY then struck when the iron was hot and traded one of the most loved Raptors ever.

Ok? Signing FA's is what makes it impressive to me. Masai has done it once. West has done it twice, possibly 3 times.

IndyRealist
07-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Traded 5 draft picks lol god my ***.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

He added two superstars to join a 48 win team while only losing one player that mattered (and would have been redundant in the new roster). Heck, he added two MVP candidates.

IKnowHoops
07-06-2019, 09:27 AM
Wow!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Wow!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...

talk to me buddy... not only did the deal not get pushed but they did not get KL...... TALK TO US LOL :love:

Scoots
07-06-2019, 12:54 PM
talk to me buddy... not only did the deal not get pushed but they did not get KL...... TALK TO US LOL :love:

Done deal.

PAOboston
07-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Eh. Would he have been as successful if he was not in California? Iím honestly not sure. M

Not trying to downplay his moves but itís much easier draw to build a good team on the west coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracka2HI!
07-06-2019, 01:02 PM
They gave up a lot of picks, and I mean a lot. Better win soon or they are ****ed.

I mean yeah but Kawhi's contract runs through all but the last 2 years they gave up picks. Miami did something similar when they created their Big 3.

TrueFan420
07-06-2019, 01:27 PM
Eh. Would he have been as successful if he was not in California? Iím honestly not sure. M

Not trying to downplay his moves but itís much easier draw to build a good team on the west coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donít forget about the Griz. He built the grindhouse Griz that was everyone darkhorse side for years. They may not have gotten over the hump but he built a hell of a team out of nowhere and created a legit identity that lasted.

SenileStern
07-06-2019, 01:45 PM
How does West get all the credit for anything positive that happens, no matter how little he had to do with it? He is just an advisor at this point...wasn't it more like Kawhi straight up said he will sign if they get a second star, not much convincing required? It's not like West did something magical like convincing Klay to join.

Both guys from the Clippers front office, Winger and Rogers, worked under Presti in the past, which probably helped them get a trade done quickly. Kawhi himself made PG demand a trade (only Kawhi's second choice, since he called KD before).

KobeOwnSU
07-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Paying a 32 year old Beverley 16 million a year, gave up 5 unprotected firsts, a protected firsts, pick swaps...Yeah, a God.

zn23
07-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Jerry is overrated. He's great, but let's not forget that his success had a lot to do with being in a big market.

How many big free agents did he attract when he was with the Grizzlies? He drafted or traded for most of the players. But others have also done the same.

I don't think any GM should get credit for building a dynasty in a big market. You're playing with house money all the time. Just look at the Knicks, they can suck for decades and still be an attractive spot for FAs. I know they they didn't score anyone, but the fact that KD and Kyrie were at least considering them is important.

aman_13
07-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Ok? Signing FA's is what makes it impressive to me. Masai has done it once. West has done it twice, possibly 3 times.Not hard when you are in LA and players want to be there.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

zn23
07-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Not hard when you are in LA and players want to be there.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Exactly. That's a big deal and it's why I can't give Jerry that much credit. He couldn't sign anyone in Memphis.

I doubt he'd had much success if he was the GM of Utah either.

I give Smaller market GMs way more credit than bigger market GMs.