07-06-2019, 01:59 AM
Thanks for not ruining the NBA!

Vinny642
07-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Welp the Lakers are dumb mad right now

rocket
07-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Thank God.

All these ****ing people thinking he would go to the Lakers and play with LeBron :laugh:

It was clear as day he was going to join the Clippers or stay with Toronto.

He choose to go home. NBA gone be crazy

NBA all the way
07-06-2019, 02:29 AM
He's such an obtuse guy. Just randomly announce it in the middle of the night, through reporter leaks.

Good for him though, first team he's got to pick in his career.

Dade County
07-06-2019, 02:41 AM
If you guys don't think that the League didn't set this up. They didn't want Kawhi to join the Lakers and dominate the League. They want each team to have two star players, max.

Thats why this process took so long.

Westbrook will be traded soon too then.

Dade County
07-06-2019, 02:41 AM
Welp the Lakers are dumb mad right now

Don't worry, Pat has some assets for them.

NBA all the way
07-06-2019, 02:46 AM

😂 nah.

rocket
07-06-2019, 02:56 AM

Waiters Island?

Dade County
07-06-2019, 03:03 AM
😂 nah.

Waiters Island?

:laugh2:

Somebody getting Westbrook. I wont be shocked if it happens sometime tonight or around noon.

Miami is believed to be in on Beal, & DLo supposed trades, by numerous reports. Miami has been hunting for a star, and a star is right there for the picking.

Somebody is going to get him.

zadora5
07-06-2019, 03:04 AM
Looks like the league is being spread out to a big two rip to big three's

zadora5
07-06-2019, 03:09 AM
Is anyone furious over this decision like I am?
I am not a Lakers clippers or raptors fan. I really feel like Kawhi is a selfish *** prick who is a low life scum. I get not going to play with the Lakers but why leave the raptors which team is literally the claw and gave this guy anything you could think of. The least he could have done is sign a 1&1 and run it back again before ******** on everything the organization did for him. If it wasn't for the death of the warriors he wouldn't be leaving. He left because the league is wide open now and he feels like he can compete for a championship with the clippers the same he could have anywhere else. Why not set up a trade for the raptors and bring PG there? I can't wait this guy will never be the first ever to win with 3 different teams.

Dan Gilbert

Dade County
07-06-2019, 03:12 AM
Looks like the league is being spread out to a big two rip to big three's

This is colluding!

Dade County
07-06-2019, 03:15 AM
I am not a Lakers clippers or raptors fan. I really feel like Kawhi is a selfish *** prick who is a low life scum. I get not going to play with the Lakers but why leave the raptors which team is literally the claw and gave this guy anything you could think of. The least he could have done is sign a 1&1 and run it back again before ******** on everything the organization did for him. If it wasn't for the death of the warriors he wouldn't be leaving. He left because the league is wide open now and he feels like he can compete for a championship with the clippers the same he could have anywhere else. Why not set up a trade for the raptors and bring PG there? I can't wait this guy will never be the first ever to win with 3 different teams.

Dan Gilbert

lol Good one.

Players don't want to go to Toronto like that anyway.

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 03:18 AM

Dan Gilbert

see me in the pg13 thread... everyone would rather **** on the lakers over seeing the bigger picture and how **** this all way

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 03:19 AM
lol Good one.

Players don't want to go to Toronto like that anyway.

yea they would rather go and talk to another player signed on another team and convince that player to force that team to trade him and screw over a power house in the process... seems legit

Dade County
07-06-2019, 03:28 AM
yea they would rather go and talk to another player signed on another team and convince that player to force that team to trade him and screw over a power house in the process... seems legit

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 03:34 AM
Lets give it up to skipbayless who called this **** from day 1 about KL and how he would do just this ****

basch152
07-06-2019, 03:35 AM

Dan Gilbert

dude, shut up.

before Kawhi the Raptors were never really even close to a championship, and without him, they wouldn't have won one for the foreseeable future.

it's the Raptors who owe Kawhi everything, not the other way around.

LaVar Ball
07-06-2019, 04:07 AM
ok

bledrules
07-06-2019, 04:32 AM
The best outcome possible.The Lakers and the Raptors have the worst fans in pro sports

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 04:53 AM
dude, shut up.

before Kawhi the Raptors were never really even close to a championship, and without him, they wouldn't have won one for the foreseeable future.

did they trade for him? Did they believe in him? Did they rest up an insane amount? DID THEY OFFER HIM MORE THAN ANY OTHER FREE AGENT on top of a house/free food for life and rush to him and try to convince him? gtfo that they owe him... That team catered to him and gave to him as well.

CptObvious71
07-06-2019, 06:12 AM
As a Raptor fan I'm obviously not happy that he left, but most of us knew from the moment we traded for him that he was a rental. Masai and the organization did everything they could to keep him, but in the end he went to the city he always said he wanted to play in. This is the first time in his career that he gets to choose where to play and I totally get why he left. I will always be grateful for that magical playoff run and wish him and Green nothing but the best of luck.

lakers squad
07-06-2019, 06:13 AM

Yeah, Pat will throw us a couple key rotational pieces if we need it on the cheap to push us over the top, if push comes to shove! Lakers are in good shape still!

lakers squad
07-06-2019, 06:14 AM
As a Raptor fan I'm obviously not happy that he left, but most of us knew from the moment we traded for him that he was a rental. Masai and the organization did everything they could to keep him, but in the end he went to the city he always said he wanted to play in. This is the first time in his career that he gets to choose where to play and I totally get why he left. I will always be grateful for that magical playoff run and wish him and Green nothing but the best of luck.

Im sorry you guys missed out. I was really hopeful he would resign with you guy's or us!

R. Johnson#3
07-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Congrats Clippers fans. I'm sure some of you will start to exist now.

warfelg
07-06-2019, 07:37 AM
So the team that said 0 all along was the team that got Kawhi. I like that. It's the team that did what Kawhi wanted, which was keep things quiet and don't let anything get out. And he got another similar star with him in PG13, a quieter low key star.

TylerSL
07-06-2019, 07:40 AM
Insane.

Cal827
07-06-2019, 07:40 AM
Somewhere Chronz is still celebrating :laugh2:

pebloemer
07-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Disappointed he is leaving the Raptors of course. Clippers are going to be scary good next year.

I can't even be mad after he brought us a championship.

warfelg
07-06-2019, 07:50 AM

Lil Rhody
07-06-2019, 08:03 AM
okI need a margarita with this

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

warfelg
07-06-2019, 08:04 AM
Woj reporting that Kawhi was always more interested in going to LAC and wasn't too interested in LAL, but was going to do it if LAC didn't bring in a second star to help be in position to win now.

Jamiecballer
07-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Even though this is disappointing it's hard to get mad when this is the exact scenario you were warned all year to expect.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

goingfor28
07-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Bahahahahahahahahaha

IndyRealist
07-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Im sorry you guys missed out. I was really hopeful he would resign with you guy's or us!

Congrats on being the only Laker or Lebron fan willing to come out and weather the storm. Kudos.

koldjerky
07-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Bahahahahahahahahaha

My same reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
07-06-2019, 09:01 AM
Already ruined. We are celebrating a guy that colluded and forced a trade prior to signing his free agent deal. At least it screwed the guy that got us here

j-bay
07-06-2019, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the free talent Lakers fans. With Brooks still our coach, i think Wagner will be a decent player.

More-Than-Most
07-06-2019, 09:02 AM

there is talk it was on purpose... he was partying at KL party or whatever and ****... I wouldnt put it past him after everything he has said to **** over the organization recently just to get back at pelinka... they get KL Pelinka looks like a god while magic looks like ****... now magic taking pelinka down with him ... lakers really need to get rid of that front office/owners etc.

warfelg
07-06-2019, 09:08 AM

Heediot
07-06-2019, 09:13 AM
I'll eat my crow. I thought he was staying. I thought winning a ship and the relationship/trust he developed would make him stay at least 1 year. kdspurs was right (he left a winning organization there too) he aim was for l.a. all along. I guess family/weather/hometown was a big factor.

Congrats to the clips. I don'd mind him going there. Him PG and Beverly are going to lock down the perimeter. **** the Lakers, LeBron and Klutch can go suck it. Jerry West is a god and I hope the Clips can win a title and get out of the Lakers shadow.

Not the end of the world. I think OG makes a big leap. Siakim another leap. Maybe trade for Iggy or Gallinari and try to battle for home court and a 2nd round exit. Save the cap for '20 (2 Max slots) and hopefully someone wants to come lol, you never know, Masai is respected. Worse case absorb bad contracts for picks.

IndyRealist
07-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Already ruined. We are celebrating a guy that colluded and forced a trade prior to signing his free agent deal. At least it screwed the guy that got us here

An agent seizing control of an NBA team is far, far worse than what happened.

warfelg
07-06-2019, 09:19 AM
I'll eat my crow. I thought he was staying. I thought winning a ship and the relationship/trust he developed would make him stay at least 1 year. kdspurs was right (he left a winning organization there too) he aim was for l.a. all along. I guess family/weather/hometown was a big factor.

Congrats to the clips. I don'd mind him going there. Him PG and Beverly are going to lock down the perimeter. **** the Lakers, LeBron and Klutch can go suck it. Jerry West is a god and I hope the Clips can win a title and get out of the Lakers shadow.

Not the end of the world. I think OG makes a big leap. Siakim another leap. Maybe trade for Iggy or Gallinari and try to battle for home court and a 2nd round exit. Save the cap for '20 (2 Max slots) and hopefully someone wants to come lol, you never know, Masai is respected. Worse case absorb bad contracts for picks.

Read the Woj story. Basically it came down to the Raps and Clips making a race for Paul George.

ewing
An agent seizing control of an NBA team is far, far worse than what happened.

Already ruined

IndyRealist

So PG/Kawhi could have easily ended up in Toronto, too.

Philly Hammer
07-06-2019, 09:26 AM
Kawhi didn't want to play with Lebron and I don't blame him who does nor did he want anything to do with that drama going on there with the Lakers. George gets his wish to get away from Westbrook the ball hog brick machine he was never happy in OKC so this works out for both George and Kawhi.

warfelg
07-06-2019, 09:26 AM
So PG/Kawhi could have easily ended up in Toronto, too.

Yup. Asking the LAL to see if they could delay the AD trade by a day was him giving the LAC and Raps a deadline.

Heediot
07-06-2019, 09:28 AM
Read the Woj story. Basically it came down to the Raps and Clips making a race for Paul George.

Damn!

At least we tried and explored that route. Clipper were probably more desperate. Good play by OKC.

lakers squad
07-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Woj reporting that Kawhi was always more interested in going to LAC and wasn't too interested in LAL, but was going to do it if LAC didn't bring in a second star to help be in position to win now.

His camp was asking the Lakers to delay the AD trade until Sat/Sun as if he was planning.on coming to the Lakers, if he knew this was in the works, why not allow us to move on?

warfelg
07-06-2019, 09:34 AM
His camp was asking the Lakers to delay the AD trade until Sat/Sun as if he was planning.on coming to the Lakers, if he knew this was in the works, why not allow us to move on?

Reading the Woj story it sounds like he was using that as a deadline.

Heediot
07-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Go afrter Greek when he is a FA.

African bro-mance between Freak-Siakim and OG. Since this is a bro-mance recruting teaming up league. Nigerian love between Greek-Masai and OG, Siakim from Cameroon just the cherry on top.

lakers squad
07-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Congrats on being the only Laker or Lebron fan willing to come out and weather the storm. Kudos.

Im not crazy about LeBron, guys a drama queen!

IKnowHoops
07-06-2019, 09:37 AM

Whatever crow you are eating, hit me up with two servings. Man...what a player. Itís better for the nba though no doubt. I like Paul George and KL balling together. I like Bron and AD battling them for supremacy. GS is still right there when healthy. That was a pretty smooth power play.

Heediot
07-06-2019, 09:40 AM
Whatever crow you are eating, hit me up with two servings. Man...what a player. Itís better for the nba though no doubt. I like Paul George and KL balling together. I like Bron and AD battling them for supremacy. GS is still right there when healthy. That was a pretty smooth power play.

Between me and you, neither of us lost the sig bet :cheers:. I give you credit you were just as confident and bold as me. not in terms of the sig bet but more so in convinced you were of his next destination.

IKnowHoops
07-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Between me and you, neither of us lost the sig bet :cheers:. I give you credit you were just as confident and bold as me. not in terms of the sig bet but more so in convinced you were of his next destination.

That was just all crazy. Glad Iím not a gambling man. Iíve been sitting here kicking myself for not putting 3k on KL going to the Lakers when it was +600. This was a great learning experience for me.

mike_noodles
07-06-2019, 10:00 AM
I canít even right now. At least he didnít make a big three. I honestly think he will suffer the same fate as T-Mac and Carter and will regret leaving. I donít see a ship in the Clippers future.

beasted86
07-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Beverly, PG, Kawhi.... What a crazy defensive combination.

kdspurman
07-06-2019, 10:07 AM
Lets give it up to skipbayless who called this **** from day 1 about KL and how he would do just this ****

I mean since last summer he wanted to be in LA. Hopefully y'all see now he and his camp forced their way out to get him to LA.

Props to Dennis, he got his nephew what he wanted. But hopefully it shows it wasn't a misdiagnosis that drove them out of SA

kdspurman
07-06-2019, 10:11 AM

zn23
07-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Kawhi did a lot for the Raps. He also didn't stack the Lakers.

I also like that Masai didn't opt for a Westbrook and George to join Kawhi in Toronto. That would've been a disaster. Westbrook and George couldn't get it done. Plus, the game would devolve into isolation from those three. No ball movement to take advantage of Raptors' depth. Plus they'd have to give up Siakam and a boatload of Draft Picks. On a team that's already old, that would've really hurt them in a couple years.

zn23
07-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Go afrter Greek when he is a FA.

African bro-mance between Freak-Siakim and OG. Since this is a bro-mance recruting teaming up league. Nigerian love between Greek-Masai and OG, Siakim from Cameroon just the cherry on top.

I hope so. Giannis would be the perfect player for the Raps and they wouldn't have to give up Siakam. There are massive Nigerian and Greek communities in Toronto, much bigger than Milwaukee, plus it's a more international city.

tredigs
07-06-2019, 10:52 AM
I love this move for the NBA.

The West is an absolute bloodbath right now though.

The NBA Pacific division now has Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Anthony Davis and Lebron James. That's just 3 teams. 5 MVP candidates. ****.

j-bay
07-06-2019, 11:28 AM
AD:Hey Rich, NY looks pretty nice right now. Ignore all calls for a Laker extension

Hangs up

RP:****....how am I going to explain this to Lebron...

zn23
07-06-2019, 11:30 AM
dude, shut up.

It was mutual.

He was a good enough piece, and a big upgrade to Derozan, to get them over the hump. But that championship run was a complete team effort. FVV, Ibaka, Siakam, Gasol, Lowry and even Danny Green in one game, all stepped up to win.

Kawhi wasn't very good in the Finals overall. The Role players were.

basch152
07-06-2019, 12:04 PM
did they trade for him? Did they believe in him? Did they rest up an insane amount? DID THEY OFFER HIM MORE THAN ANY OTHER FREE AGENT on top of a house/free food for life and rush to him and try to convince him? gtfo that they owe him... That team catered to him and gave to him as well.

it doesnt matter. he won them a championship. he pushed them beyond what any other player would have. it's very possible that without Kawhi they don't win anything for more than another decade, and it's very possible they simply never would have won anything.

they owe him everything. Kawhi was already a champion. Kawhi was already one of the most wanted players in the NBA. the Raptors did nothing for Kawhi he wouldn't have gotten elsewhere.

so again, it's the Raptors that owe Kawhi, and its completely foolish to try to say it's the other way around

Dade County
07-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Beverly, PG, Kawhi.... What a crazy defensive combination.

Especially in the playoffs when you can key in on an opponent's tendencies.

Dade County
07-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Kawhi wasn't very good in the Finals overall. The Role players were.

This hasn't stopped people from saying 2 Finals MVPs....etc

Objective people will look at his numbers in those two Finals & judge him according.

SiteWolf
07-06-2019, 12:46 PM
it doesnt matter. he won them a championship. he pushed them beyond what any other player would have. it's very possible that without Kawhi they don't win anything for more than another decade, and it's very possible they simply never would have won anything.

they owe him everything. Kawhi was already a champion. Kawhi was already one of the most wanted players in the NBA. the Raptors did nothing for Kawhi he wouldn't have gotten elsewhere.

so again, it's the Raptors that owe Kawhi, and its completely foolish to try to say it's the other way around

why does one have to owe the other? both sides won overall

Cracka2HI!
07-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Man, wish I had more confidence in my team. I should have been trolling the **** out of some of you!

Chronz
07-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Damn!

At least we tried and explored that route. Clipper were probably more desperate. Good play by OKC.

Both teams were desperate, one team had Jerry West and co accumulating assets.

Chronz
07-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Leave Wilt Chamberlain out of this

goingfor28
07-07-2019, 01:01 AM
https://twitter.com/illastrate/status/1147559638230978560?s=19

This is pretty damn impressive

mike_noodles
07-07-2019, 11:01 AM
https://twitter.com/illastrate/status/1147559638230978560?s=19

This is pretty damn impressive

Is it? We all knew they were meeting somewhere. Does it matter where the meeting took place?

goingfor28
07-07-2019, 05:50 PM
Is it? We all knew they were meeting somewhere. Does it matter where the meeting took place?That somehow someway nobody found out a damn thing about Kawhi/LAC? In today's day of social media it absolutely is.

Chronz
07-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Man, wish I had more confidence in my team. I should have been trolling the **** out of some of you!

i got shat on all year at work for believing , let the trolling begin