PDA

View Full Version : NBA All-Time Redraft Conference Finals - Miami Floridians vs New Era Bulls

valade16
07-01-2019, 08:34 AM
Every year members of PSD get together and have a draft of all the players throughout history. They are then ranked and seeded where a "playoff" determines the winner of the game. This is that playoff. Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 games series.

Miami Floridians (Homecourt advantage)

C: Artis Gilmore / DeMarcus Cousins
PF: Dirk Nowitzki / Charles Oakley
SF: Peja Stojokavic / Bruce Bowen
SG: Kobe Bryant / Raja Bell
PG: Tim Hardaway / Dennis Johnson

vs

New Era Bulls

C: Marc Gasol / Tyson Chandler
PF: Dennis Rodman / Elton Brand
SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo / Steve Smith
SG: Michael Jordan / Rip Hamilton
PG: Sam Jones / Deron Williams

Wrench
07-01-2019, 11:06 AM
C: Artis Gilmore: HoF | MVP | 5xAll-ABA | 5xAll-Def | 11xAll-Star | (71'-74')
21.1 PTS | 17.9 REB | 3.8 BLK | 3.4 AST | 0.7 STL | .551 FG%
PF: Dirk Nowitzki: MVP | FMVP | 12xAll-NBA | 14xAll-Star | 1xChamp | (05'-08')
25.7 PTS | 9.2 REB | 1.1 BLK | 3.1 AST | 0.9 STL | .480 FG% | .406 3P%
SF: Peja Stojakovic: 3xAll-Star | 1xChamp | (03'-06')
21.0 PTS | 5.5 REB | 0.2 BLK | 2.1 AST | 1.1 STL | .456 FG% | .414 3P%
SG: Kobe Bryant: MVP | 2xFMVP | 15xAll-NBA | 18xAll-Star | 2xPTS Champ | 12xAll-Def | (05'-08')
31.7 PTS | 5.8 REB | 0.4 BLK | 5.1 AST | 1.7 STL | .457 FG% | .351 3P%
PG: Tim Hardaway: 5xAll-NBA | 5xAll-Star | (90'-93')
21.8 PTS | 3.7 REB | 0.2 BLK | 10.0 AST | 1.8 STL | .489 FG% | .352 3P%

Bench
C: DeMarcus Cousins: 2xAll-NBA | 4xAll-Star | (15'-18')
26.5 PTS | 11.07 REB | 1.4 BLK | 4.3 AST | 1.5 STL | .456 FG% | .352 3PT%
PF: Charles Oakley: 2xAll-Def | 1xAll-Star | (86'-89')
15.3 PTS | 12.2 REB | 0.3 BLK | 3.0 AST | 1.0 STL | .477 FG% | .289 3P%
SF: Bruce Bowen: 8xAll-Def | 3xChamp (02'-05')
7.4 PTS | 2.5 REB | 0.5 BLK | 1.4 AST | 0.8 STL | .434 FG% | .403 3P%
SG: Raja Bell: 2xAll-Def | (04'-07')
14.0 PTS | 3.2 REB | 0.2 BLK | 2.2 AST | 0.8 STL | .447 FG% | .424 3P%
PG: Dennis Johnson: HoF | FMVP | 2xAll-NBA | 9xAll-Def | 5xAll-Star | 3xChamp (79'-82')
19.1 PTS | 4.9 REB | 0.8 BLK | 4.1 AST | 1.6 STL | .442 FG%

Wrench
07-01-2019, 11:07 AM
I'm kinda surprised this New Era Bulls has made it this far, they for sure have a huge amount of defensive I just don't see the spacing at all. Is a team with Marc Gasol as their best 3pt weapon really going to do that well?

valade16
07-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Is this the first time we've seen an MJ vs Kobe matchup in an ATRD?

Quinnsanity
07-01-2019, 01:59 PM
I'm kinda surprised this New Era Bulls has made it this far, they for sure have a huge amount of defensive I just don't see the spacing at all. Is a team with Marc Gasol as their best 3pt weapon really going to do that well?

This. I went with Miami on that basis. Like given the **** spacing here, Miami can honestly get away with Gilmore on Giannis here the way the Sixers used Embiid on him. What's the worst that can happen? Marc Gasol can't post up Dirk because that compromises the spacing even more, and even if it didn't, so what? Marc Gasol post-ups aren't great shots anyway. Peja gets to hide on Rodman.

greg_ory_2005
07-01-2019, 02:10 PM
I honestly donít like the team built around MJ. The lack of spacing will definitely hurt them

IKnowHoops
07-01-2019, 03:10 PM
I love miamiís Team. I think there offense and spacing is legendary. But Kobe will chuck to much and take away from some of the other guys. If Hardaway is allowed to run the offense they will be hard to stop.

Unfortunately they have little defense. And again the Goat is unstoppable and always makes the right play. I also see there defense as the best in the league.

This goes 6-7 games, but I gotta go with the New Era Bulls.

Playoffs are physical, and I like the Bulls in half court game the playoffs produce, and then I like the d as well.

New Era Bulls win with grit and the GOAT.

GREATNESS ONE
07-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Marc Gasol Champion, DPOY, 37%3pt shooter
Dennis Rodman 5x Champion, 2x DPOY, 7x Rebound champion
Giannis Antetokounmpo MVP, Per 30, 3x All defense, 13reb per game
Michael Jordan 6x Champion, 5x MVP, 10x Scoring champion,1X DPOY, 3X steals champion
Sam Jones 10x Champion, 12.8 WS season, Nicknamed "Mr Clutch", Shooter

Bench
Deron Williams- 20pts, 9asst, 35%3pt shooter https://www.basketball-reference.com...3-sum:per_game

Rip Hamilton- Champion, 20ppg, 41% 3pt shooter-https://www.basketball-reference.com...8-sum:per_game

Steve Smith- Champion, 40% 3pt shooter https://www.basketball-reference.com...2-sum:per_game

Elton Brand- 20ppg, 10 reb, 50+% FG https://www.basketball-reference.com...6-sum:per_game

Tyson Chandler- DPOY, Champion, 3x All-def https://www.basketball-reference.com...3-sum:per_game

mightybosstone
07-02-2019, 01:40 PM
I agree that the Kobe/Dirk squad is the better built basketball team, but does anyone else look at this matchup and just think this is a bad matchup for them? Who in the hell on that team is guarding Giannis? I agree that the lack of floor spacing is a problem, but I kind of think the Floridians' poor defensive prowess at the 3 and 4 might be a bigger, more exploitable issue in this series.

Someone convince me that I'm wrong...

Wrench
07-02-2019, 06:06 PM
I agree that the Kobe/Dirk squad is the better built basketball team, but does anyone else look at this matchup and just think this is a bad matchup for them? Who in the hell on that team is guarding Giannis? I agree that the lack of floor spacing is a problem, but I kind of think the Floridians' poor defensive prowess at the 3 and 4 might be a bigger, more exploitable issue in this series.

Someone convince me that I'm wrong...

Quinn pointed out the issue of Giannis that he needs to get to the rim being he lacks a good jump shot. Therefor Gilmore would be a great match up to use on him being Marc is going to be outside being he is the only guy who can really stretch the floor so you put Dirk on him there. Gilmore was tall [7 foot 2] and had long arms, he also had big hops but was also very strong at the same time. Kareem even said he was the best defender he ever faced.

There lack of spacing also helps as you can just pack the paint and deny him lanes. Look what the Raps did to him in the playoffs and that Bucks team had alot more shooters than this team does.

GREATNESS ONE
07-02-2019, 07:25 PM
So after watching Toronto defense on Giannis, walling off the lanes and forcing the ball out of his hands, your plan is to put Peja on him and give him wide open lanes funneling into Gilmore?

This matchup is a bad one for the Floridians, as they probably have the weakest defense in the game. Giannis and MJ will have their way getting into the lanes, creating foul trouble and getting to the foul line with ease.. on the flip side with 3 DPOY Gasol, MJ, Rodman, witrh one off the bench DPOY Chandler.. and a future one in Giannis, New Era has the best perimeter and interior defense in this matchup, causing absolute matchup problems for Floridians on both sides of the ball offense and defensively ... New Era Bulls absolutely dominates the rebound battle as their best rebounder only averaged 13rebounds a game in his prime in the NBA and no other player on the Floridians is a good rebounder, New Era Bulls completely controls the glass. This would be a gritty hard fought battle and that's right up the alley we want to play with. Bulls win the defensive, TO, FB, Hustle, Grit, Rebound battles... Floridians have a good team but let's be completely honest, this is a complete nightmare matchup for them. Giannis absolutely destroys Peja and MJ > Kobe

WhiteShadow42
07-03-2019, 12:26 AM
Some of you mentioned that Gilmore is a great defender and thatís true. He is the only person that I saw that blocked Kareemís sky hook. BUT, if the New Era Bulls team plays high pick n roll with MJ and Marc or MJ and Giannis itís game over with Artis. He does not have the foot speed to keep up with that scenario. The Floridians donít have enough offense to keep up with the Bulls and the Bulls have better defense in every position but the 5 (Arguably) to keep Miami in check. Kobe is great but he is against prime Jordan not the 40 year old dude he torched for 55. Also in the open court Artis and Dirk are at a deficit. Now Iím obviously talking about the starters and this is my first post in this forum so be gentle guys lol. Iím G1s CO for the record.

Dunkapolooza
07-03-2019, 01:35 AM
Some of you mentioned that Gilmore is a great defender and thatís true. He is the only person that I saw that blocked Kareemís sky hook.

https://youtu.be/EwHP04TWOps

Wilt

Wrench
07-03-2019, 08:53 AM
Some of you mentioned that Gilmore is a great defender and thatís true. He is the only person that I saw that blocked Kareemís sky hook. BUT, if the New Era Bulls team plays high pick n roll with MJ and Marc or MJ and Giannis itís game over with Artis. He does not have the foot speed to keep up with that scenario. The Floridians donít have enough offense to keep up with the Bulls and the Bulls have better defense in every position but the 5 (Arguably) to keep Miami in check. Kobe is great but he is against prime Jordan not the 40 year old dude he torched for 55. Also in the open court Artis and Dirk are at a deficit. Now Iím obviously talking about the starters and this is my first post in this forum so be gentle guys lol. Iím G1s CO for the record.

Not enough offense? Wut? You guys having Rodman alone brings yours down. Everyone on my starting 5 can go for 25+ on any night.

Wrench
07-03-2019, 08:56 AM

Wilt

https://youtu.be/ZXCHDcSHBS4

Gilmore did it too :P

Dunkapolooza
07-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Lol true. :hi5: but not just Gilmore.

Cracks me up new era bulls got this far lol. Go freak!

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Cracks me up you missed what he originally posted before edit.

WhiteShadow42
07-03-2019, 06:59 PM

Wilt

Ok forgot to say personally seen . Sorry should have been more specific.

WhiteShadow42
07-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Lol true. :hi5: but not just Gilmore.

Cracks me up new era bulls got this far lol. Go freak!

I new that. See my previous post.

WhiteShadow42
07-03-2019, 07:21 PM
Not enough offense? Wut? You guys having Rodman alone brings yours down. Everyone on my starting 5 can go for 25+ on any night.

Not against prime Jordan, Rodman and not even prime yet (which is scary in itself) Giannis. Also remember guys that Jordanís numbers were in an era that you can basically sexually assault a player and it might get called a foul sometimes. If we are playing in todayís games rules what do you think Jordanís numbers would be? Do you guys thing he will get Harden number of foul shots? How long do you guys think Gilmore will last when Jordan and Giannis get into a high pick and role?

Our death lineup could be Deron/Rip and Smith at the one and two. Jordan at 3, Giannis at 4, and Rodman at 5. With Smith and Deron/Rip thatís enough spacing for Giannis and Jordan, and Rodman cleaning up on the boards on offense and defense minimizing Miamiís offensive Possessions. I keep hearing spacing and poor team construction when we have shooters coming off the bench.

WhiteShadow42
07-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Did anyone forget who will be closing the game in the fourth? Jordan.

On a side note: would have loved to see a prime Jordan and Kobe matchup.

valade16
07-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Miami Floridians win

Wrench
07-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Good game G1