PDA

View Full Version : Golden State trades Andre Iguodala to Memphis

redsox12
06-30-2019, 11:44 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145537783207006208

aman_13
06-30-2019, 11:45 PM
This can't be for the injury-related comments, can it?

Ty Fast
06-30-2019, 11:46 PM
He is probably gonna be bought out. I could see him going to Philly.

Vinny642
06-30-2019, 11:51 PM
Memphis got a bunch of picks for taking Iggy

Saddletramp
06-30-2019, 11:56 PM
Memphis got a bunch of picks for taking Iggy

I think its one pick, just conveyed differently depending on the year it goes.

Max.This
06-30-2019, 11:58 PM

yeah cause you cant trade consecutive picks

HeaTxRipZz
06-30-2019, 11:58 PM
Probably the fall out from speaking too much on Mark jackson's situation on the radio.

TrueFan420
07-01-2019, 12:01 AM
That makes way more sense

Vinny642
07-01-2019, 12:09 AM

Yeah you are right, the wording threw me off a bit

NYKnickFanatic
07-01-2019, 12:14 AM
Iggy to the Lakers.

NBA all the way
07-01-2019, 12:17 AM
It for sure seems like retaliation. At least the optics of it.

He's more worried about investing in tech companies and his book tour anyway.

bleedprple&gold
07-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Don't get why they had to dump Iggy. Durant makes more than Dlo so they weren't taking on any extra salary in the deal.

NBA all the way
07-01-2019, 12:21 AM
Don't get why they had to dump Iggy. Durant makes more than Dlo so they weren't taking on any extra salary in the deal.

S&T hard caps teams at the apron which is like $138 million or so.

Bostonjorge
07-01-2019, 01:37 AM
This can't be for the injury-related comments, can it?
You asking if Warriors do players dirty?

tredigs
07-01-2019, 01:45 AM
Had to make space for the new All Star. MUCH love to Iguodala. He is done as an impact player and the Warriors got out at the exact right time, but I have utmost respect for him. The Warriors are going to miss him.

likemystylez
07-01-2019, 08:03 AM
Does this move create a trade exception for the warriors?

Also does this turn their mid level into a 9 million dollar one instead of the tax payer one of just under 6 million?

Warriors still need a couple small forwards on the roster.

NBA all the way
07-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Does this move create a trade exception for the warriors?

Also does this turn their mid level into a 9 million dollar one instead of the tax payer one of just under 6 million?

Warriors still need a couple small forwards on the roster.

They're hard capped now, so money may be a moot point.

MarkieMark48
07-02-2019, 09:56 AM
how great will it be if the rumors that hes going to agree to a buyout and join the lakers come true?

TrueFan420
07-02-2019, 10:17 AM
how great will it be if the rumors that hes going to agree to a buyout and join the lakers come true?
Hes earned the right to do whatever he wants but I would rather see him join any other contender than the Lakers.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 10:22 AM
First off for saying its retaliation, come on. They needed to create space under the $138 mil apron to fill out roster spots and resign Looney. That amount was best matched by Iggys salary. The Warriors have 4 max salaries, Livingston cheap, and a bunch of rookie contracts. This was about the only way.

TrueFan420
07-02-2019, 02:43 PM
First off for saying its retaliation, come on. They needed to create space under the $138 mil apron to fill out roster spots and resign Looney. That amount was best matched by Iggys salary. The Warriors have 4 max salaries, Livingston cheap, and a bunch of rookie contracts. This was about the only way.

Idk if Shaun is cheap at his age and 9 mil but yes it doesnt come close to Iggys 17 and youre spot on. It was the only way. Iggy gets it and said he plans to return to the Warriors once he retires. Id bet anything theyve already promised him a job in any department he wants learning the business side of things. Hes loved by the fans and the organization.

cmellofan15
07-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Had to make space for the new All Star. MUCH love to Iguodala. He is done as an impact player and the Warriors got out at the exact right time, but I have utmost respect for him. The Warriors are going to miss him.

LMAO Russell will never be an all star again, very fortunate he got in last year.

nastynice
07-02-2019, 04:16 PM

Yup. Iggy is the man. Dude is a vet, fmvp, 3x champion, and huge part of the culture here. Wherever he plays they getting a true pro.

tredigs
07-02-2019, 04:22 PM
LMAO Russell will never be an all star again, very fortunate he got in last year.

He's an incumbent All Star and called out last year. At just 23, I would take the other side of that bet. Definitely not "LMAO" in the least.

That said, I hope he doesn't make it on the Warriors as I don't want him on the team other than as a deadline trade asset.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2019, 03:26 AM
He's an incumbent All Star and called out last year. At just 23, I would take the other side of that bet. Definitely not "LMAO" in the least.

That said, I hope he doesn't make it on the Warriors as I don't want him on the team other than as a deadline trade asset.

at least someone understands what has happened... fml. I love DLO but he will be useless for them come the playoffs because he wont be there when the playoffs start... curry will help make him even better than last year and make him an all star and some stupid team will throw a **** ton at the warriors and help them go from dynasty/skip rebuild/championship contender and remain there for years to come. Yes you guys probably wont win a championship this year but this move has genius written all over it.

Curry and Klay is the future and a damn good one at that... imagine the warriors if they trade Dray for a **** ton and turn around and trade DLO for a **** ton.... They have so many outs now its nuts.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2019, 03:29 AM
Yup. Iggy is the man. Dude is a vet, fmvp, 3x champion, and huge part of the culture here. Wherever he plays they getting a true pro.

not sure who i hated more on the sixers between iggy and iverson. **** IGGY. lol

IndyRealist
07-05-2019, 09:10 AM
No buyout for Igoudala. Grizz looking to trade him. Guess contenders are gonna start bidding any time now.

NBA all the way
07-05-2019, 09:23 AM
No buyout for Igoudala. Grizz looking to trade him. Guess contenders are gonna start bidding any time now.

No one is bidding on 35 year old Iggy for $17 million. It's all posturing by Memphis.

MarkieMark48
07-05-2019, 11:42 AM

Golden state had to throw in a 1st round pick for Memphis to take him. Any team that wanted to trade for him could have simply got him from Golden State.

warfelg
07-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Golden state had to throw in a 1st round pick for Memphis to take him. Any team that wanted to trade for him could have simply got him from Golden State.

Not 100% true. GS was looking to move him with no money back. Memphis can take money without sending anything out.

No if Memphis wants to flip him they can do an even money swap with a team over the cap that wanted him.

MarkieMark48
07-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Not 100% true. GS was looking to move him with no money back. Memphis can take money without sending anything out.

No if Memphis wants to flip him they can do an even money swap with a team over the cap that wanted him.

Gotcha

bleedprple&gold
07-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Memphis could have sent him to Dallas if they would take back Courtney Lee but they refused. How the F do they think they can trade Iggy without taking back salary considering no team left has the cap space absorb his whole salary, nor would they want to without receiving an additional asset as Memphis did. Memphis is delusional. I see a buyout coming.

TrueFan420
07-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Memphis could have sent him to Dallas if they would take back Courtney Lee but they refused. How the F do they think they can trade Iggy without taking back salary considering no team left has the cap space absorb his whole salary, nor would they want to without receiving an additional asset as Memphis did. Memphis is delusional. I see a buyout coming.

Cant blame them for trying. I wouldnt buy him out tho. Id keep him till the deadline and see if you can sneak him into a deal to a team looking to shed a contract for an asset. He will be a good pro to have around what is shaping up to be a young team.