redsox12
06-30-2019, 07:11 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145469484200804354

tredigs
06-30-2019, 07:13 PM
Jimmy gone.

NBA all the way
06-30-2019, 07:14 PM
At least they held onto him. Close to that Middleton deal, number wise.

Lil Rhody
06-30-2019, 07:29 PM
Wow. Makes me feel better about kemba

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kdspurman
06-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Jimmy gone.

Yup

JAZZNC
06-30-2019, 08:40 PM
Im glad the Jazz ended up with Bojan instead of Harris. Man that's a lot of money for a non all star.

ewing
06-30-2019, 09:33 PM
They should go back to trying to lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CasperX22
06-30-2019, 09:35 PM
Brought back the right guy.

warfelg
07-01-2019, 07:49 AM
So this takes me back to a lot of the conversation late in season. Us Sixers fans were asked which we prefer to keep of Butler and Harris. We pretty much all said the same thing....Butler is the better player and in a vacuum him, but Harris was younger, a better fit, and wouldn't take the max. In the end we made the right choice with keeping Harris rather than Butler because of fit.

Heediot
07-01-2019, 07:52 AM
Butler has the playoff moxy that will be missed though. Unless Embiid or Ben develops that killer instinct in the loffs, that aspect will be missed.

ewing
07-01-2019, 04:40 PM
So this takes me back to a lot of the conversation late in season. Us Sixers fans were asked which we prefer to keep of Butler and Harris. We pretty much all said the same thing....Butler is the better player and in a vacuum him, but Harris was younger, a better fit, and wouldn't take the max. In the end we made the right choice with keeping Harris rather than Butler because of fit.

Nope

R. Johnson#3
07-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Worst ďbigĒ signing if you ask me.

Saddletramp
07-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Didnít he take the max, though? I like Harris, but jeez. And I get that starting next year it wonít matter because theyíll be over the cap anyway but whoís the owner in Philadelphia? Does he have the financial commitment to keep it going?

I remember seeing Harris clank 3 after 3 after 3 late in games in the playoffs when they needed them to go down. I dunno, man.

Rivera
07-01-2019, 06:08 PM
. In the end we made the right choice with keeping Harris rather than Butler because of fit.

Way to jump the gun on that cause thatís not what happened at all.

And Harris is not a better player nor a better fit than butler

So youíre wrong on both accounts

warfelg
07-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Didnít he take the max, though? I like Harris, but jeez. And I get that starting next year it wonít matter because theyíll be over the cap anyway but whoís the owner in Philadelphia? Does he have the financial commitment to keep it going?

I remember seeing Harris clank 3 after 3 after 3 late in games in the playoffs when they needed them to go down. I dunno, man.

He took under the max. Not by much but itís under. Josh Harris has the money to keep it moving easily.

warfelg
07-01-2019, 08:05 PM
Way to jump the gun on that cause thatís not what happened at all.

And Harris is not a better player nor a better fit than butler

So youíre wrong on both accounts

So what youíre saying is most analysts are wrong too? Harris is a far better spacer and off ball player to Jimmy.

ewing
07-01-2019, 08:33 PM
So what youíre saying is most analysts are wrong too? Harris is a far better spacer and off ball player to Jimmy.

Butler is a much better driver, much better mid range, just about as good a 3 point shooter, probably a better 3 point shooter off the bounce. He is also a better defender and loves big shots. You kept the inferior player

warfelg
07-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Butler is a much better driver, much better mid range, just about as good a 3 point shooter, probably a better 3 point shooter off the bounce. He is also a better defender and loves big shots. You kept the inferior player

I said all along Butler is the better player. You aren't really breaking news to me.

ewing
07-01-2019, 10:13 PM
I said all along Butler is the better player. You aren't really breaking news to me.

The only reason you gave for Harris being a better fit is bc he is a better shooter but he isnít much better at that. Unless you are worried about chemistry bc of his attitude Butler is the better player and the better fit. Jimmy also lets you sit Ben when he is a negative bc of the shot and have a play maker with the ball.

warfelg
07-01-2019, 10:23 PM
The only reason you gave for Harris being a better fit is bc he is a better shooter but he isnít much better at that. Unless you are worried about chemistry bc of his attitude Butler is the better player and the better fit. Jimmy also lets you sit Ben when he is a negative bc of the shot and have a play maker with the ball.

It's fit on the court that Harris doesn't need the ball as much, is 4 years younger, personality wise. And Horford is now going to take that alternate on ball playmaker to Simmons. And full season stats on those dribble pull ups and catch and shoot situations actually end up pretty even between Harris and Butler. Keep in mind that Butler went from the option in Minny to 1B here, Harris went from 1 with LAC to 4/5 here. I think a return to a more prominent role is going to help him some.

ewing
07-01-2019, 10:34 PM
It's fit on the court that Harris doesn't need the ball as much, is 4 years younger, personality wise. And Horford is now going to take that alternate on ball playmaker to Simmons. And full season stats on those dribble pull ups and catch and shoot situations actually end up pretty even between Harris and Butler. Keep in mind that Butler went from the option in Minny to 1B here, Harris went from 1 with LAC to 4/5 here. I think a return to a more prominent role is going to help him some.

Your one perimeter play maker is one of the biggest brick layers in the league. You need someone else that can play with the ball. Al is not that guy

warfelg
07-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Your one perimeter play maker is one of the biggest brick layers in the league. You need someone else that can play with the ball. Al is not that guy

You think Harris is 'one of the biggest brick layers in the league'?

Rivera
07-02-2019, 09:05 AM

no im saying that YOU jumped the gun and that YOU are wrong.

you said
. In the end we made the right choice with keeping Harris rather than Butler because of fit.

which is not what happened. you (the 76ers) didnt make the choice. Jimmy made the choice. 76ers offered him a full max. in your post you made it seem like your 76ers chose Harris over butler which wasnt the case at all. You guys offered both of them contracts, one didnt want to stay one did.

and fit?

Tobias isnt a better fit that Jimmy. We saw that play out in the playoffs.

Jimmy being a "bad fit" was not the problem. Jimmy fit quite well and didnt demand the ball as much as people would have thought. Jimmy and Embiid were your two best players in the playoffs last year.

Tobias isnt a better fit that Jimmy. We saw that play out in the playoffs.

Tobias isnt that much of a better 3point shooter than Jimmy and Jimmy is a better ball handler, driver, defender etc than Tobias. Saying Tobias is a better fit than Jimmy is just a cop out for losing Jimmy.

but good job being a homer and spinning this positive when what you said is not what happened, at all

i wouldnt even have a problem with your post if it wasnt for the one quote just to show how homer you are to defend your team, when the real report came out about the 76ers offering Jimmy the max, everything you said was mute, thats why I said way to jump the gun and assume stuff about your team that ended up not being true

warfelg
07-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Letís see. My post was yesterday at 7:49 am. The report of the Sixers having offered the max was at 5:17pm (earliest tweet I can find on it).

So it seems as though I made my comment without knowing that there was a max offer made.

Rivera
07-02-2019, 09:15 AM
now Tobias doesnt need the ball like Jimmy

are we going to keep making stuff up to fit your narrative? or are you just trying to throw crap against the wall to see what sticks? cause at this point, your just spewing crap that isnt true and you are better than that

Heres some numbers to combat that "Tobias doesnt need the ball as much as Jimmy"

in Tobias time with Philly (27 games) he took 12 shots or less 3 times. Thats 11% of the time with Philly he took 12 shots or less

in Jimmy's time with Philly (55 games) he took 12 shots or less 20 times. Thats 36% of the time with Philly he took 12 shots or less

Tobias usage with Philly was 21.3 while Jimmys usage with Phily was 22.1. Not much of a difference.

Tobias main asset is his scoring, hes a good rebounder, and an average to below average defender. Jimmy can do a little bit of everything and dominate a game without scoring. Thats why hes a top 15 player in the league and Tobias isnt

How many more lies or exaggerations do I have to keep knocking down so you can stop with your blind homerism because you have brought 0 facts to this thread

Rivera
07-02-2019, 09:16 AM
Letís see. My post was yesterday at 7:49 am. The report of the Sixers having offered the max was at 5:17pm (earliest tweet I can find on it).

So it seems as though I made my comment without knowing that there was a max offer made.

then dont make that comment or preface it by saying im assuming :shrug: not my fault you stated it as if it was a fact cause you know the 76ers :laugh2:

warfelg
07-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Because it was being report at the time I made the post that the Sixers didnít offer the max.

https://youtu.be/5V30Z5Ti3-g

PAOboston
07-02-2019, 09:20 AM
This probably was the biggest overpay of FA so far. Nice player but not worth that contract. Philly might have 2 albatross contracts in Horford/Harris in two years.

Rivera
07-02-2019, 09:50 AM
Because it was being report at the time I made the post that the Sixers didnít offer the max.

https://youtu.be/5V30Z5Ti3-g

so know where posting info with no sources or bad sources and acting as if its true? and broken youtube links (it says timed out on my CPU)?

man you just wont stop until your false narrative is correct

ewing
07-02-2019, 09:51 AM
You think Harris is 'one of the biggest brick layers in the league'?

Ben Simmons is. Harris isnít a good enough ball handler to fill in for him imo when he becomes a liability.

TheDish87
07-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Harris left money on the table to be used to bring back Mike Scott. Hes only 26 and he will have a larger role with Butler out. Sure, hes not a max player but he is going to thrive here with this new group and should be at worst an all star caliber player.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Ben Simmons is. Harris isnít a good enough ball handler to fill in for him imo when he becomes a liability.

Full time full in agree. But itís not like Harris isnít a good ball handler. He was initiating a lot of LAC offense before being traded to us.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 10:14 AM

ewing
07-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Unless Simmons and/or Joel take another step forward the Sixers took a step back

warfelg
07-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Unless Simmons and/or Joel take another step forward the Sixers took a step back

I guess weíll just have to see on that.

JAZZNC
07-02-2019, 01:26 PM

Agreed. Embiid can't be running around calling himself "The Process" and not be in good enough shape to play big minutes in meaningful games. He was completely trashed by the second round. He has got to be in better shape.

beasted86
07-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Does anyone else feel like the fit of this Sixers team is garbage?

Horford is not a PF. Tobias is not a proper SF. The team has nobody to chase small guards. Everything will be a switch. Smart teams will be able to expose those mismatches.

Yes, Josh Richardson will probably pickup the defensive assignment on the opposing PG, but do not tell me for a second that Simmons or Butler will be able to defend McCollum, Klay, or any other lights out SG who will run a bunch of screens and expose Philly.

The team is far too frontcourt heavy. Offensively the spacing got worse. I feel like they need a significant trade to bring in an actual PG. Unsurprisingly the guy they traded away for a bust would be the best fit: Jrue Holiday.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Horford is not a PF. Tobias is not a proper SF. The team has nobody to chase small guards. Everything will be a switch. Smart teams will be able to expose those mismatches.

Yes, Josh Richardson will probably pickup the defensive assignment on the opposing PG, but do not tell me for a second that Simmons or Butler will be able to defend McCollum, Klay, or any other lights out SG who will run a bunch of screens and expose Philly.

The team is far too frontcourt heavy. Offensively the spacing got worse. I feel like they need a significant trade to bring in an actual PG. Unsurprisingly the guy they traded away for a bust would be the best fit: Jrue Holiday.

Simmons was top 5 (iirc) in guard defense last year.

TheDish87
07-02-2019, 02:01 PM

i dont see a problem and we have good wing defenders on the bench along with Ben and JR . We can make up for chasing with all these huge wingspans to contest shots. you will have to beat us with jumpers while being contested by nothing but 6'7+ plus defenders.

beasted86
07-02-2019, 04:21 PM
The NBA is a game of matchups. Every few years there's a team that comes along with less outside shooting, trying to play big and strong and just stuff the ball inside, and terrorize opponents on the offensive glass. It doesn't work.

In today's NBA where guys can actually hit more jumpers and spread the floor near infinitely. There's no more clogging everything up and using size. You need defenses where your unit can keep a body on everyone. Shrink those passing lanes, make that guy have to run perfect routes on screens just to get an open look.

Time will tell who is right with the Sixers. But call me unconvinced for now. Since the Hinkie days they have been too heavily into drafting and acquiring centers and forwards and they didn't do anything to fix that.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 04:40 PM
[emoji849]

Drafted: MCW, Fultz, Smith, Thybulle, Shamet, TLC.

Signed: Bayless, Reddick, Henderson, Belinelli

Traded for: Richardson

And thatís leaving out a ton of 2nd round picks, 1 year signings, and 10 day contracts.

beasted86
07-02-2019, 07:11 PM
You realize half the guys you mentioned were busts, scrubs, or traded for another forward, right?

Being unable to objectively criticize any move Philly has done has always been an issue for you.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 08:02 PM
I mean, we're tried to get guard help. Plenty of our bigs have busted too. It's been about 50/50 in bigs and guards drafted and signed since the Hinkie days. Is your issue that we haven't gotten a star guard? Because the effort has been there.

And realize that the only thing I'm disagreeing with is the statement of haven't made the effort to get guards. I do have some concerns about spacing. I have all those other concerns. Just because I want to point out that we've tried to get guards doesn't mean I'm unable to move.

beasted86
07-02-2019, 08:24 PM
I mean, we're tried to get guard help. Plenty of our bigs have busted too. It's been about 50/50 in bigs and guards drafted and signed since the Hinkie days. Is your issue that we haven't gotten a star guard? Because the effort has been there.

And realize that the only thing I'm disagreeing with is the statement of haven't made the effort to get guards. I do have some concerns about spacing. I have all those other concerns. Just because I want to point out that we've tried to get guards doesn't mean I'm unable to move.

Sixers should have prioritized Guard over Center in this free agency is my point. All Horford doesn't maximize the Sixers potential.

Anyway, they should be on the phone right now begging Quinn Cook or another solid 3PT shooting guard to sign.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Sixers should have prioritized Guard over Center in this free agency is my point. All Horford doesn't maximize the Sixers potential.

Anyway, they should be on the phone right now begging Quinn Cook or another solid 3PT shooting guard to sign.

Again I don't disagree. but it's not like we haven't tried. But I did point out that Horford partially is Embiid insurance and rest creation. I think in the end of the season Horford plays more 5 than 4 minutes, Harris plays more 4 than 3 minutes.

I personally think at this point a call into Jamal Crawford would be better than Quinn Cook because all Cook does is literally shoot. He's kinda terrible everywhere else. I think a guy like Crawford that we can just put JRich, Ennis, Scott, Embiid/Horford around him. Those guys are good enough shooters but excellent defenders.

basch152
07-02-2019, 09:11 PM
Butler has the playoff moxy that will be missed though. Unless Embiid or Ben develops that killer instinct in the loffs, that aspect will be missed.

did you really just call the playoffs the "loffs"

people sound stupid enough when they call championships "chips" or "ships"

/facepalm

Chronz
07-03-2019, 12:02 AM
did you really just call the playoffs the "loffs"

people sound stupid enough when they call championships "chips" or "ships"

/facepalm

nobody gives a **** about ur facepalm

chip city clip city

Saddletramp
07-03-2019, 12:27 AM
nobody gives a **** about ur facepalm

chip city clip city

When did the Clippers ever win a title?

More-Than-Most
07-03-2019, 03:07 AM

Nope... We need a center so our best player can rest a bit... Hopefully joel gets his diet together and has a chip on his shoulder but going for a horford was pretty smart because it not only adds a sick guy like horford but means we can rest joel and still win.... Id love a legit backup PG because TJ is trash and ben if we are being serious kills us come the playoffs offensively even though no sixer fan will admit it... People want Joel to go inside but he ****ing cant and they find every excuse in the world to make for ben simmons when he is such an offensively handicapped player its laughable at this point.... I love ben simmons... His defense is amazing and he can do everything except shoot which would be ideal in the 90s but right now his half court offense destroys us because it puts our best player out of position and forces him to do something he shouldnt be doing... ball handling and shooting 3s. Now part of this is def on embiid and him not eating right which i think he will fix after his breakdown in the playoffs but if we had a good but not great PG that can shoot we win that raptors series....

Ben simmons had a record breaking shot attempt per feet and it was sad... He averages 2.5 feet from the basket for FGA....... that is unheard of for even centers now a days and that is our PG yet sixer fans will milk his dick like its shooting out money... He gets exposed come the playoffs offensively period... we need a backup who can shoot... I hope Shake turns out to be that guy but i have 0 confidence in ben simmons offensively come the playoffs and what is worse is the fact our coach because of his love for our PG would rather play to his strengths and force embiid to play to his weakness instead of just doing what is best for our team and forcing joel inside.... but they will just say that is on joel and he needs to go inside more but then they negate that the second he enters the paint he has 3 ****ing guys on him because ben is standing there with nobody on him.

beasted86
07-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Again I don't disagree. but it's not like we haven't tried. But I did point out that Horford partially is Embiid insurance and rest creation. I think in the end of the season Horford plays more 5 than 4 minutes, Harris plays more 4 than 3 minutes.

I personally think at this point a call into Jamal Crawford would be better than Quinn Cook because all Cook does is literally shoot. He's kinda terrible everywhere else. I think a guy like Crawford that we can just put JRich, Ennis, Scott, Embiid/Horford around him. Those guys are good enough shooters but excellent defenders.
Crawford will be a sieve on defense.

Cook can hopefully suffice as a system defender. He's only going to play about 18 minutes. Aside from Cook, they should still get another SG 3/D specialist for injury protection and for spot duty when teams pack the paint. Rodney McGruder or another like that is available. Someone who again can defend both small PGs and quicker SGs.

warfelg
07-03-2019, 08:14 AM
Crawford will be a sieve on defense.

Cook can hopefully suffice as a system defender. He's only going to play about 18 minutes. Aside from Cook, they should still get another SG 3/D specialist for injury protection and for spot duty when teams pack the paint. Rodney McGruder or another like that is available. Someone who again can defend both small PGs and quicker SGs.

We have enough defenders, so adding a guy who can get his own shots is more important to me. Besides Quinn Cooks defensive stats aren't really all that much better than Crawfords (especially over the last 3 years) to really say that Cook is that much better. But Crawford is a better ball handler, passer, on ball shooter. Which is going to be more important IMO.

Chronz
07-03-2019, 06:54 PM
When did the Clippers ever win a title?

we got a few pacific division banners

Saddletramp
07-03-2019, 07:38 PM
we got a few pacific division banners

Chip city clip city, then.

warfelg
07-03-2019, 08:01 PM
BTW when it comes to Harris fit discussion, here's why I love NBA's tracking stats.

Catch and shoot:
Harris 18-19: 38.1 FG% 38.2 3PT% (22.6% of shots)
Harris 17-18: 40.6 FG% 40.7 3PT% (30.8% of shots)
Harris 16-17: 37.6 FG% 35.8 3PT% (29.1% of shots)

Butler 18-19: 38.4 FG% 36.8 3PT% (12.0% of shots)
Butler 17-18: 35.6 FG% 38.9 3PT% (12.3% of shots)
Butler 16-17: 43.5 FG% 44.2 3PT% (10.1% of shots)

That same thing holds true through most of their careers. Harris shoots at or better than Butler in all but 2 years of their career, and always was a higher rate of catch and shoot opportunities.

So you might be thinking....hmmm but catch and shoot isn't Jimmy's thing, he's a dribble pull up type guy.
Pull Ups:
Harris 18-19: 44.4 FG% 41.3 3PT%
Harris 17-18: 42.7 FG% 40.7 3PT%
Harris 16-17: 47.4 FG% 20% 3PT% (Harris attempted only 1.5% of his shots as pull up 3's this year)

Butler 18-19: 34.5 FG% 32.4 3PT%
Butler 17-18: 42.1 FG% 30.1 3PT%
Butler 16-17: 36.7 FG% 32.1 3PT%

So the argument is being made that Harris isn't as good of a fit, but over the course of their careers Harris is proving to be the better spacer on the floor of the two of them. So if the issue is that Simmons and Embiid would have the ball in their hands more....the better fit is the guy that can catch and shoot at the higher rate. Right?

JAZZNC
07-03-2019, 08:42 PM
chip city clip city, then.

lmao!

ewing
07-03-2019, 08:48 PM
BTW when it comes to Harris fit discussion, here's why I love NBA's tracking stats.

Catch and shoot:
Harris 18-19: 38.1 FG% 38.2 3PT% (22.6% of shots)
Harris 17-18: 40.6 FG% 40.7 3PT% (30.8% of shots)
Harris 16-17: 37.6 FG% 35.8 3PT% (29.1% of shots)

Butler 18-19: 38.4 FG% 36.8 3PT% (12.0% of shots)
Butler 17-18: 35.6 FG% 38.9 3PT% (12.3% of shots)
Butler 16-17: 43.5 FG% 44.2 3PT% (10.1% of shots)

That same thing holds true through most of their careers. Harris shoots at or better than Butler in all but 2 years of their career, and always was a higher rate of catch and shoot opportunities.

So you might be thinking....hmmm but catch and shoot isn't Jimmy's thing, he's a dribble pull up type guy.
Pull Ups:
Harris 18-19: 44.4 FG% 41.3 3PT%
Harris 17-18: 42.7 FG% 40.7 3PT%
Harris 16-17: 47.4 FG% 20% 3PT% (Harris attempted only 1.5% of his shots as pull up 3's this year)

Butler 18-19: 34.5 FG% 32.4 3PT%
Butler 17-18: 42.1 FG% 30.1 3PT%
Butler 16-17: 36.7 FG% 32.1 3PT%

So the argument is being made that Harris isn't as good of a fit, but over the course of their careers Harris is proving to be the better spacer on the floor of the two of them. So if the issue is that Simmons and Embiid would have the ball in their hands more....the better fit is the guy that can catch and shoot at the higher rate. Right?

The edge he has in shooting doesnít make up for the deficit elsewhere imo. I donít anyone has said Butler is a better shooter just that the gap isnít huge.

Chronz
07-04-2019, 03:18 AM
Chip city clip city, then.

well we share the same city as that other LA team, so the city technically does own all the chips

Saddletramp
07-04-2019, 05:04 AM
well we share the same city as that other LA team, so the city technically does own all the chips

I wouldnít say the ďclipĒ part does, though.