View Full Version : Kevin Durant to sign with the Nets

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2019, 04:55 PM

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Well, that escalated quickly.

jd25213
06-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Omg!!! As a lifelong Nets fan this is Christmas morning overdrive. Sooooo happy :):D:)

More-Than-Most
06-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Omg!!! As a lifelong Nets fan this is Christmas morning overdrive. Sooooo happy :):D:)

you got deandre jordan as well... jordan/kyrie/durant.

More-Than-Most
If KL stays with the raptors and the sixers add depth and now the celtics getting kemba in 2 seasons the east is gonna be even more nuts man

SiteWolf
Stephen A's head would explode if KD finally comes to NY....but not to the Knicks

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Kawhi coming west with everybody going east...

ChI_ShIzzLe
How the hell did the Nets become a top FA destination after being in purgatory for all these years? Whatever.

jd25213
you got deandre jordan as well... jordan/kyrie/durant.

Honestly this is way better than getting Vince or Dwill. Both were traded whereas Kyrie clearly wanted to be here. Bringing in these two is awesome!

jd25213
06-30-2019, 05:00 PM
How the hell did the Nets become a top FA destination after being in purgatory for all these years? Whatever.

Sean Marks and Kenny Atkinson

kyubi256
06-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Nets showing why you should never tank

beasted86
06-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Durant is such a risk. I'm not sure about if these moves will work out. Smells desperate.

More-Than-Most
06-30-2019, 05:02 PM
KL needs to ****ing leave the east now holy ****... gonna be insane trying to get to the finals.

redsox12
06-30-2019, 05:02 PM
Wow, this is quite a day for the Nets.

redsox12
06-30-2019, 05:04 PM
4 years 164 mill for Brooklyn

SG Joe Harris
PG Kryie Irving
SF Kevin Durant
PF ?
C DeAndre Jordan

thats a great lineup.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-30-2019, 05:04 PM

Yup. Iím done with this tanking ****. Does not attract FAs and gives your organization a negative perception. I hope the Bulls compete for the playoffs next 2 seasons and prepare for 2021 free agency.

greg_ory_2005
06-30-2019, 05:06 PM
Knicks fans might be on suicide watch soon 😂

STRIKERC
06-30-2019, 05:07 PM

Easy to say when you in the biggest Market in the basketball universe, and have JayZ's name somewhat associated with your team, and a super star wants to join you regardless because it's closer to home for him.

There's no single surefire way to rebuild. You do what your situation dictates and leave the rest to chance.

jd25213
06-30-2019, 05:09 PM

SG Joe Harris
PG Kryie Irving
SF Kevin Durant
PF ?
C DeAndre Jordan

thats a great lineup.

But that wonít be ready for a year though.

redsox12
Knicks fans might be on suicide watch soon 😂

It sucks for them but I really do like RJ Barrett, they have a young core of DSJ, Knox.

Heediot

SG Joe Harris
PG Kryie Irving
SF Kevin Durant
PF ?
C DeAndre Jordan

thats a great lineup.

They need a play maker to round up the starting 5. Kyrie is improving, but he is more of a scorer. They need someone who can drive it to the rim with consistency and kick it out.

redsox12
06-30-2019, 05:11 PM
But that wonít be ready for a year though.

right but swap out Durant for a year and its still a playoff team with Dinwiddle. I also forgot about Jarrett Allen. I wonder if they will work on a deal trading Jarrett Allen and Joe Harris for someone.

aman_13
06-30-2019, 05:11 PM
And the dynasty is over.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

SiteWolf
06-30-2019, 05:12 PM
It'd be so freaking funny if Durant has played the media and announces that he plans to join Kawhi in Miami or some ****.....

NBA all the way
06-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Are we really that surprised? Kyrie picked up Jay-Z's agency to represent him and Durant had his surgery done by a Nets team doctor.

jd25213
06-30-2019, 05:18 PM
Are we really that surprised? Kyrie picked up Jay-Z's agency to represent him and Durant had his surgery done by a Nets team doctor.

KD has been with Roc Nation since it started too.

zn23
06-30-2019, 05:19 PM
DeAndre Jordan is washed up... I hope they don't think he's going to be a permanent fixture at C.

I watched a lot of his games in Dallas this past season. Defensively he's gotten worse. Offensively he can't really do much either.

He's still the guy who catches lobs, but that's about it.

redsox12
06-30-2019, 05:21 PM
DeAndre Jordan is washed up... I hope they don't think he's going to be a permanent fixture at C.

I watched a lot of his games in Dallas this past season. Defensively he's gotten worse. Offensively he can't really do much either.

He's still the guy who catches lobs, but that's about it.

Agreed they should start Allen if they don't trade him.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2019, 05:21 PM
Great News! Seals the deal, he doesnít want to be in the west anymore because heís known what was going down since he said playing with Bron is toxic and KL shouldnít want to play with him.😂😂😂deals done

Heediot
06-30-2019, 05:24 PM
Drake got his ring, now Jigga is getting after it. I don't think the team as is will get it done though, but they can still do some more shaking up, so we will see...

IKnowHoops
06-30-2019, 05:28 PM
Drake got his ring, now Jigga is getting after it. I don't think the team as is will get it done though, but they can still do some more shaking up, so we will see...

Looks like Iím going to be owning your sig pretty soon. Glad I talked you off the Ban bet ledge?

Heediot
06-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Looks like Iím going to be owning your sig pretty soon. Glad I talked you off the Ban bet ledge?

LOLOL we will see. I'm still wiling to up the ante on a ban bet.

You can drool over Chris Broussards speculation and sauces.

TheMightyHumph
06-30-2019, 05:49 PM

Practice, practice, practice

tredigs
06-30-2019, 06:08 PM
:clap:

That's a good destination for him. We will see how he looks for the 2021 season.

tredigs
06-30-2019, 07:10 PM
I like how Kevin Durant to the Nets is just a dead thread lmao. This site ain't it.

Lil Rhody
06-30-2019, 07:30 PM
East is gonna be sick1

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KG2TB
06-30-2019, 07:36 PM
Weird decision. Kyrie is overrated in terms of a winning impact and KD may never be the same. Odds arenít in his favor. And having a starting C, who has zero offensive game and not dominant defensively, isnít a great recipe in todayís game.

JAZZNC
06-30-2019, 07:38 PM
Crazy. I know there were rumors for a while but I just never could see KD going to the Nets. Super interesting off-season so far!

NBA all the way
06-30-2019, 07:38 PM
Guess allegedly it may end up being a trade, potentially lol

tredigs
06-30-2019, 07:46 PM
Guess allegedly it may end up being a trade, potentially lol

Yeah this is crazy. Warriors might add Russell I guess? Don't know how I feel about that. It would be a great stop-gap til Klay gets back, but that's a player I would flip for someone else at the deadline if this goes down.

In either regard, I actually think the Warriors dodged a big of a bullet with KD leaving. Getting him from 32-34 post achilles tear at 42 million a year is likely not in Golden State's best interest. That said, I'm glad they did the right thing and offered him the full max.

NBA all the way
06-30-2019, 07:49 PM
Yeah this is crazy. Warriors might add Russell I guess? Don't know how I feel about that. It would be a great stop-gap til Klay gets back, but that's a player I would flip for someone else at the deadline if this goes down.

In either regard, I actually think the Warriors dodged a big of a bullet with KD leaving. Getting him from 32-34 post achilles tear at 42 million a year is likely not in Golden State's best interest. That said, I'm glad they did the right thing and offered him the full max.

Unlike the Knicks, lol

Any word on why the Klay deal hasn't been announced? Or was the earlier report all that is gonna come out about it?

Dade County
06-30-2019, 07:52 PM
I like how Kevin Durant to the Nets is just a dead thread lmao. This site ain't it.

KD isn't going to be KD until 2 seasons from now.

tredigs
06-30-2019, 07:57 PM
Unlike the Knicks, lol

Any word on why the Klay deal hasn't been announced? Or was the earlier report all that is gonna come out about it?

Lol well yeah, the Knicks are insane if that report is true and they didn't offer him a max. Just having his star power at 80% of his peak self is more than worth the max. The Warriors are in a different place though.

And yeah not sure in Klay. It's possible he's still considering the Clips or Lakers depending on what Kawhi does. I definitely hope Klay stays.

The_New_Mecca
06-30-2019, 08:05 PM
I'm jumping on the Nets bandwagon. A young team, good coach. Kyrie, KD. At least there's some basketball excitement coming back to NYC. I'm over the Knicks, they've been terrible for decades and they won't be good anytime soon. Nets might get lucky and get KD back for the playoffs.

IKnowHoops
06-30-2019, 08:35 PM
LOLOL we will see. I'm still wiling to up the ante on a ban bet.

You can drool over Chris Broussards speculation and sauces.

Lol, Broussard said Lakers were out of it a week after Iíd been preaching to you. I just look and the totality of everything Iíve seen and it spells LAKERS

IKnowHoops
06-30-2019, 08:36 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂...dude ainít playing for a year. Itís hard to get hype.

Heediot
06-30-2019, 08:56 PM
Lol, Broussard said Lakers were out of it a week after Iíd been preaching to you. I just look and the totality of everything Iíve seen and it spells LAKERS

We both are looking at things with confirmation bias and cherry picking lenses. We will see what happens. Nobody knows but Kawhi, all these rumors and speculations are just that. Masai will convince him of a 1 + 1 at the worse.

nastynice
06-30-2019, 09:15 PM
Ah damn this is depressing :(

I don't know if him and kyrie is a good duo on the court, plus the next guy Russell is also mainly a scorer. I think warriors was such a perfect situation for him on court. But he gotta do what make him happy, so I'm not mad, he helped bring2 rings here so it's all love for him. He's ridiculous and gonna be contending no matter how they end up building the roster. He's arguably the most unstoppable 1 on 1 offensive player I've ever seen.

likemystylez
06-30-2019, 09:27 PM

Doesnt look like the warriors front office are making that sign and deal thing go down. Bob myers should have been prepared for this scenerio...... but it looks like he doesnt know what hes doing so far.

cant convince his own free agents to come back when they are headed to a new arena next yr. how bad of a gm do you have to be to mess that up? This is what happens when you dont pay jerry west..... although I havent seen the clippers land any big names yet

likemystylez
06-30-2019, 09:28 PM
It sucks for them but I really do like RJ Barrett, they have a young core of DSJ, Knox.

I like RJ Barrett too...... knicks fans need to develop their talent

IKnowHoops
06-30-2019, 11:36 PM
Ah damn this is depressing :(

I don't know if him and kyrie is a good duo on the court, plus the next guy Russell is also mainly a scorer. I think warriors was such a perfect situation for him on court. But he gotta do what make him happy, so I'm not mad, he helped bring2 rings here so it's all love for him. He's ridiculous and gonna be contending no matter how they end up building the roster. He's arguably the most unstoppable 1 on 1 offensive player I've ever seen.

As amazing as he is, Iíd still put Jordan above him as a one on one player and probably Lebron. Lebron doesnít get one on one looks...similar to Shaq. One on one, nobody was harder to stop than Shaq. Durant probably has the largest package, similar to Dream when compared to centers, but one on one Shaq was a guaranteed bucket almost.

nastynice
07-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Doesnt look like the warriors front office are making that sign and deal thing go down. Bob myers should have been prepared for this scenerio...... but it looks like he doesnt know what hes doing so far.

cant convince his own free agents to come back when they are headed to a new arena next yr. how bad of a gm do you have to be to mess that up? This is what happens when you dont pay jerry west..... although I havent seen the clippers land any big names yet

No, he assembled a 73 win squad, plus we're more grown now. There is still a team to be put together.

We are still contenders.

tucksoe
07-01-2019, 01:57 AM

3 rings in the last 5 years says you might be ********

tredigs
07-01-2019, 02:01 AM

To be fair, Bob Myers works his *** off and is both very smart + very integrated into his job.

To the best of my knowledge (and I have read hundreds of your posts over the years) you are a complete ****ing idiot and should probably stop hating on the team that won 3 of the last 5 ships. Douche.