PDA

View Full Version : Boston working on 3 team trade to send Kemba to BOS, Rozier to CHA, Irving to Nets

redsox12
06-30-2019, 03:17 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145409029151363072

This would be very interesting.

TylerSL
06-30-2019, 04:15 PM
Boston is certainly positioning themselves well post Kyrie. If they can complete this three way deal they would have access to the full mid level (like $9.4 million). Maybe get a decent big. :shrug:

Lil Rhody
06-30-2019, 04:18 PM
Boston is certainly positioning themselves well post Kyrie. If they can complete this three way deal they would have access to the full mid level (like $9.4 million). Maybe get a decent big. :shrug:And bring back horford as well pretty sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Boston is certainly positioning themselves well post Kyrie. If they can complete this three way deal they would have access to the full mid level (like $9.4 million). Maybe get a decent big. :shrug:

Theyíd never have to renounce Horfordís bird rights in this case so Iíd imagine the goal would be to bring him back.

Nets are gonna bend us over if they help us out like this. Theyíll probably demand the MEM pick. Plus weíll be hard capped at the apron so limited flexibility if we do bring Horford back.

However, replacing Kyrie with Walker and keeping Horford is essentially gives you the same core that people thought they could win it all with last year. Youíd just be swapping out bench pieces. So it could be worth it.

Bostonjorge
06-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Boston should pay Horford and keep him. If Hayward can find his game then Boston will be right back in east title picture.

PAOboston
06-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Theyíd never have to renounce Horfordís bird rights in this case so Iíd imagine the goal would be to bring him back.

Nets are gonna bend us over if they help us out like this. Theyíll probably demand the MEM pick. Plus weíll be hard capped at the apron so limited flexibility if we do bring Horford back.

However, replacing Kyrie with Walker and keeping Horford is essentially gives you the same core that people thought they could win it all with last year. Youíd just be swapping out bench pieces. So it could be worth it.

I think the Nets will get a first round pick but it wonít be the Memphis pick (at least without any sort of protections in it). Theyíll likely get a first from Boston or the MIL first the Cs got in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
06-30-2019, 04:42 PM
I think the Nets will get a first round pick but it wonít be the Memphis pick (at least without any sort of protections in it). Theyíll likely get a first from Boston or the MIL first the Cs got in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your BRK why do that though? Why help Boston keep Horford and stay as a top competitor in the East, in their division no less? It needs to be worth their while.

redsox12
06-30-2019, 04:45 PM
If your BRK why do that though? Why help Boston keep Horford and stay as a top competitor in the East, in their division no less? It needs to be worth their while.

What about the Phoenix pick we got in the draft this year.

PAOboston
06-30-2019, 04:53 PM

To get an extra asset. If they are getting Kyrie and Durant, I donít think they care about their. Their focus is to improve their roster.

Oakmont_4
06-30-2019, 05:05 PM

Itís a free asset. Other ways Boston can accomplish the same goal so why not get something for free. Theyíre maxing their cap with Kyrie, Durant and Jordan. They still have a lot of holes to fill and extra assets will help.

BRK isnít a real contender this year anyways with KD on the shelf.

redsox12
06-30-2019, 05:19 PM
3 years 58 mill for Rozier in CHA.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1145441184363536386

hugepatsfan
06-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Itís a free asset. Other ways Boston can accomplish the same goal so why not get something for free. Theyíre maxing their cap with Kyrie, Durant and Jordan. They still have a lot of holes to fill and extra assets will help.

BRK isnít a real contender this year anyways with KD on the shelf.

I donít think BOS can accomplish the same goal though. Rozier is signing a big deal with CHA but in a S&T only half counts for outgoing money. Heís making $19M a year so half of that is $8.5M (and thatís being generous not to assume itís back loaded).

Yabusele could be included in a deal for $3.1M. Semi for $1.6M. Maybe you include Theis but heís only going to count for half his salary. Letís say he gets $7.5M so heíd count $3.75M. Morris will only count half so letís even say he signs for $15M so he counts $7.5M.

All of that there still isnít enough for Boston to take back Kembaís max and stay an over the cap team. Thatís not even to mention the impracticality of S&Ting that many players with all the teams itíd take.

Boston really has no means to retain Horford without using Kyries deal. They can probably let Horford go and work a S&T out to stay over the cap and preserve the MLE and Morrisí rights but Iím oretty sure we need BRK specifically to keep Horford.

Oakmont_4
06-30-2019, 05:24 PM
3 years 58 mill for Rozier in CHA.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1145441184363536386

Beautiful. Itís all coming together

hugepatsfan
06-30-2019, 05:30 PM
Local guy Bulpett reporting that Horford still not coming back to Boston.

If we send Horford out via S&T and expand it to also include the Rozier deal then we will successfully stay over the cap. Weíll have bird rights on Morris and Theis as well as the full MLE for a center.

Walker / Smart
Brown
Tatum / Hayward
Morris
(FA Center) / Theis

Would be the main part of the rotation.

NBA all the way
06-30-2019, 06:51 PM
Bobby Marks just said Nets are out. Just a 2 team S&T between Celtics and Hornets.

Oakmont_4
06-30-2019, 08:05 PM
May be dead with the Nets but it can still work out. Kemba is a BYC player as well so we only need to match $16.4m. Rozier is $9m of that. We can send out additional player to CHA or bring in another team to help match salaries

hugepatsfan
06-30-2019, 08:20 PM
I thought the way BYC works is that the player still counts the full amount of money for his salary to the acquiring team, but only the reduced amount for his current teams outgoing money calc.

So doesnít Boston need to match Kembas full max slot even only counting Rozier at his reduced rate? Donít see how they can do that without a major roster overhaul.

Oakmont_4
06-30-2019, 08:24 PM
I thought the way BYC works is that the player still counts the full amount of money for his salary to the acquiring team, but only the reduced amount for his current teams outgoing money calc.

So doesnít Boston need to match Kembas full max slot even only counting Rozier at his reduced rate? Donít see how they can do that without a major roster overhaul.

Thatís what I thought too but thatís how it was broken down on Twitter when discussing the trade with the Nets. Iím thinking because it involves double S&Tís it might change?

Oakmont_4
06-30-2019, 08:31 PM
Thatís what I thought too but thatís how it was broken down on Twitter when discussing the trade with the Nets. Iím thinking because it involves double S&Tís it might change?

Ah ok. Yeah our initial thought was correct. But it the Nets are out we can still ship Horford somewhere to make it all work