View Full Version : Jimmy Butler going to Miami Heat in sign and trade

LaVar Ball
06-30-2019, 02:22 PM
Tim Reynolds

Verified account

@ByTimReynolds
16m16 minutes ago
More
Not that this is a surprise - or means anything - but Jimmy Butler is expected to tell Miami officials tonight that he wishes to play for the Heat, per source.

ZH721
06-30-2019, 02:26 PM
Whatís up with people capitalizing Heat?

LaVar Ball
06-30-2019, 02:30 PM

Cuz it's a nice way to troll I guess :D

beasted86
06-30-2019, 02:37 PM
You mean wants to sign & trade? No details have come out yet what the potential deal would be.

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2019, 02:43 PM
What is Miamiís cap situation? Will this have to be a sign and trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZH721
06-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Cuz it's a nice way to troll I guess :D

I thought so, because the NBA official site doesnít even do that. Kind of weird.

bleedprple&gold
06-30-2019, 02:55 PM

Yes, they are over the cap. Which means both teams need to agree to a sign-and-trade which means just because Jimmy wants to play there doesn't mean he gets his wish.

Saddletramp
06-30-2019, 02:55 PM
Enjoy the beach and mediocrity for the next four years Jimmy!

Why wouldnít he just stay in Philadelphia and get that supermax? Did they really not want to give him the extra year?

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Yes, they are over the cap. Which means both teams need to agree to a sign-and-trade which means just because Jimmy wants to play there doesn't mean he gets his wish.

If the sixers know he isnít coming back they might as well get something for him though.

TrueFan420
06-30-2019, 03:03 PM
Enjoy the beach and mediocrity for the next four years Jimmy!

Why wouldnít he just stay in Philadelphia and get that supermax? Did they really not want to give him the extra year?

Probably not at this age. Especially considering the potential distraction he can become. I understand why they made the move talent-wise but this was always a risk involved. I suspect Harris will receive the max or close to it to stay. Heís a better fit anyway and with KD likely leaving the Warriors they may want to be less top heavy and deeper.

LaVar Ball
06-30-2019, 03:08 PM
If the sixers know he isnít coming back they might as well get something for him though.

Goran Dragic in a S&T for Jimmy B

warfelg
06-30-2019, 03:24 PM

Yea. And because they will hit the apron, and are over said apron, it's going to take a small miracle to happen.

warfelg
06-30-2019, 03:24 PM
Goran Dragic in a S&T for Jimmy B

Doesn't work cap wise.

warfelg
06-30-2019, 03:25 PM

Over tha cap and. ver the apron. And because of S&T rules Jimmy's outgoing will only count as 80% in the trade (so $26mil to the 125% rule), which means staying within the 125% rule puts them at $144mil, a full $6mil over the hard cap apron that comes in a S&T.

Saddletramp
06-30-2019, 03:34 PM
Over tha cap and. ver the apron. And because of S&T rules Jimmy's outgoing will only count as 80% in the trade (so $26mil to the 125% rule), which means staying within the 125% rule puts them at $144mil, a full $6mil over the hard cap apron that comes in a S&T.

I really hate sign and trades. Wish they would just get rid of them. Canít afford a guy? Tough ****. Want to join a team but they donít have cap room? Tough ****, too.

Itís like these rules were made up on the fly like when the guys made up the rules for BASEketball. https://youtu.be/yZvKwrwOr8I

beasted86
06-30-2019, 03:51 PM
Where are the sources for this? Just one source claiming they "expect him to...."

TylerSL
06-30-2019, 04:09 PM
I'm not convinced that this is 100% happening yet, but Butler in Miami would be a very good thing. No we won't win a championship with him, but it would bring us back into NBA relevancy and maybe we could add another top tier star in a few years when we get our cap under control. Personally, I would like Miami to keep Dragic, Richardson, Adebayo, and the rights to Herro. Literally everyone else on the roster should get traded.

Dade County
06-30-2019, 04:13 PM

Lmao
Can you stop it!

Pat needs to have another move, if Jimmy is really going to be traded to Miami.

I would also like a S&T for Rozier.

Rozier
JRich
Jimmy
?
Bam

Defense.

mightybosstone
06-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Jesus, what a terrible thread title, OP. This was a rumor from a single source, and a LOT of things have to happen before Butler going to Miami is a reality. Can someone either change the thread title at least until this thing gets finalized or close this thing altogether?

More-Than-Most
06-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Jesus, what a terrible thread title, OP. This was a rumor from a single source, and a LOT of things have to happen before Butler going to Miami is a reality. Can someone either change the thread title at least until this thing gets finalized or close this thing altogether?

pretty much confirmed now to a point... check jimmy recent tweet

More-Than-Most
06-30-2019, 04:39 PM
as long as we get some picks or Jrich i will be happy because we can finally have depth.

Vee-Rex
06-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Happy for SteBo aka Steebs. Buckets is gonna bring some consistency to that team.

mightybosstone
06-30-2019, 05:55 PM
pretty much confirmed now to a point... check jimmy recent tweet

"After I get a contract done" in no way is Butler saying "I'm signing with Miami." The guy's just saying he's prioritizing the contract right nowóI think you're reading a little too much into it. Also, that Tweet was from hours ago.

ZH721
06-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Lmao
Can you stop it!

Pat needs to have another move, if Jimmy is really going to be traded to Miami.

I would also like a S&T for Rozier.

Rozier
JRich
Jimmy
?
Bam

Defense.

Iím just wondering if itís an insecurity factor or what?

Dade County
06-30-2019, 07:31 PM
as long as we get some picks or Jrich i will be happy because we can finally have depth.

picks

& some fillers

redsox12
06-30-2019, 09:10 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1145498967926562816

mightybosstone
06-30-2019, 09:13 PM
Clearly winning wasn't his ultimate goal. I typically don't take pleasure in another player's failures or lack of success, but I'm not going to lie--I won't feel bad when we look back on this in four years and the guy ends up having toiled his prime away on a team that never got past the second round of the playoffs.

He's basically guaranteed that he'll never win a ring in his prime barring a trade. I hope those beaches and hanging out with Wade a few times a month was worth it...

Heediot
06-30-2019, 09:16 PM
Clearly winning wasn't his ultimate goal. I typically don't take pleasure in another player's failures or lack of success, but I'm not going to lie--I won't feel bad when we look back on this in four years and the guy ends up having toiled his prime away on a team that never got past the second round of the playoffs.

He's basically guaranteed that he'll never win a ring in his prime barring a trade. I hope those beaches and hanging out with Wade a few times a month was worth it...

Dude has been about money and me first as exemplified by his stance in Minny.

He wanted a new contract/extension asap while Minny asked him to wait for cap flexibility. He became a baby afterwards when he didn't get his deal re-done like Harden/RW/Jokic etc...

Heediot
06-30-2019, 09:17 PM
Richardson and Horford are nice pick ups. The spacing is much better in Philly now. Just need embiid to work the post more and Simmons to take some open j's . Defense is still filthy.

NBA all the way
06-30-2019, 09:18 PM
James Butler

hugepatsfan
06-30-2019, 09:23 PM

You really salty about this huh?

CasperX22
06-30-2019, 09:34 PM
Adios Jimmy.

kobebabe
06-30-2019, 09:36 PM
Stephen A Smith can shut up about him teaming up with Kawhi in Clippers

warfelg
06-30-2019, 09:52 PM

Dade County
06-30-2019, 10:00 PM
Stephen A Smith can shut up about him teaming up with Kawhi in Clippers

Kawhi should be looking at Miami and trying to get a S&T down here. lol

He should be getting traded soon.

Dade County
06-30-2019, 10:05 PM

It's not clearly laid out in front of you, but honestly I trust Pat to build Miami backup before I believe that the Rockets will be winning a championship.

Jimmy never wanted to play in Philly; he always wanted Miami. There is nothing wrong with that. Remember I tried to tell you, it was Harden talking to Jimmy, not the other way around.

WaDe03
06-30-2019, 10:13 PM

Houston fans are so salty lmao! Hoped for Jimmy or Horford and instead just had nene opt out and Gordon Tucker and Capela knowing their names were in trades. At least they have CP3s contract though lmao!

Saddletramp
06-30-2019, 10:24 PM
Houston fans are so salty lmao! Hoped for Jimmy or Horford and instead just had nene opt out and Gordon Tucker and Capela knowing their names were in trades. At least they have CP3s contract though lmao!

Fans? MBT seems a bit salty but the rest of us had been ďcool, but thatíd be a lot to give up.....I dunno.Ē Even Bosstone wasnít convinced it was the best move.

But honestly, Riley hasnít done **** since the Big 3 and has given out gross contracts. This is the best thing thatís happened to them since Lebron left and if he doesnít keep up with good transactions, it wonít matter. From a fit standpoint, it doesnít make as much sense and if itís true that he signed based on Wadeís farewell? Lol.

Hadnít you given up on Riley by now? I guess that changed again? Such a fair weather flip-flopper.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2019, 10:26 PM
I thought Jimmy was only about winning? Clearly not....have fun with that cancer Miami fans, I feel bad for the need to defend him becoming your 2nd job the next 2 years till you want him gone too..

Hawkeye15
06-30-2019, 10:26 PM

He aint wrong

WaDe03
06-30-2019, 10:46 PM
Fans? MBT seems a bit salty but the rest of us had been ďcool, but thatíd be a lot to give up.....I dunno.Ē Even Bosstone wasnít convinced it was the best move.

But honestly, Riley hasnít done **** since the Big 3 and has given out gross contracts. This is the best thing thatís happened to them since Lebron left and if he doesnít keep up with good transactions, it wonít matter. From a fit standpoint, it doesnít make as much sense and if itís true that he signed based on Wadeís farewell? Lol.

Hadnít you given up on Riley by now? I guess that changed again? Such a fair weather flip-flopper.

Iíve been saving Riley was washed for awhile now. Iíll gladly be proven wrong.

So much salt in the thread

WaDe03
06-30-2019, 10:47 PM
People are SO mad when Miami does something. Doesnít look like theyíre finished either.

AllBall
06-30-2019, 10:53 PM
I thought Jimmy was only about winning? Clearly not....have fun with that cancer Miami fans, I feel bad for the need to defend him becoming your 2nd job the next 2 years till you want him gone too..

76ers seem to do fine with him, despite having other strong Egos in the locker room as well. The Wolves and the Bulls don't have the kind of personnel in place needed to handle that. Miami will be just fine. Riley runs a tight ship, that's why Lebron's camp cried because they couldn't run things and good thing too, because we saw what those circus animals did to the Lakers last season.

Saddletramp
06-30-2019, 10:55 PM
People are SO mad when Miami does something. Doesnít look like theyíre finished either.

Not gonna lie, I hope they keep making moves and drain some talent from the West.

WaDe03
06-30-2019, 11:28 PM
Not gonna lie, I hope they keep making moves and drain some talent from the West.

Well looks like the Jimmy deal fell through lmao! Might have to get Dallas out of there and find a new 3rd team.

Iím hoping they get a meeting with Kawhi and maybe get him to agree to a sign and trade. That will help yíall by keeping him from LA lol!

Saddletramp
06-30-2019, 11:34 PM
Well looks like the Jimmy deal fell through lmao! Might have to get Dallas out of there and find a new 3rd team.

Iím hoping they get a meeting with Kawhi and maybe get him to agree to a sign and trade. That will help yíall by keeping him from LA lol!

Jones will cost them Butler? Geez, Riley.

Hawkeye15
06-30-2019, 11:55 PM
76ers seem to do fine with him, despite having other strong Egos in the locker room as well. The Wolves and the Bulls don't have the kind of personnel in place needed to handle that. Miami will be just fine. Riley runs a tight ship, that's why Lebron's camp cried because they couldn't run things and good thing too, because we saw what those circus animals did to the Lakers last season.

The defending has begun

AllBall
06-30-2019, 11:59 PM
The defending has begun

Don't care.

goingfor28
07-01-2019, 12:17 AM

Iím hoping they get a meeting with Kawhi and maybe get him to agree to a sign and trade. That will help yíall by keeping him from LA lol!What happened? I don't see anything on Twitter about it falling through.

NBA all the way
07-01-2019, 12:23 AM
What happened? I don't see anything on Twitter about it falling through.

They just need to find a 3rd team because Pat doesn't want to give up DJJ. They have until July 6th, I'm sure it'll get worked out.

goingfor28
07-01-2019, 12:30 AM
They just need to find a 3rd team because Pat doesn't want to give up DJJ. They have until July 6th, I'm sure it'll get worked out.Gotcha

Kobe1016
07-01-2019, 01:34 AM
The trade is not official yet because Dallas backed out. Sixers-Heat seeking a 3rd team to get the Butler S&T done. Stay tune....

warfelg
07-01-2019, 07:32 AM
I'm not a fan of getting just Josh Richardson back. But in the end he's a similar swap out with RoCo, and gave up Saric for 3/4 a season of Butler. I wish Brand would have gotten at least 1 1st out of this.

But right now the fate of this deal hinges on Miami finding a taker for about $30mil in contracts. NYK, DAL, LAL, PHX are about the only teams left that can take that much money on. So they better get that deal figured out if this is going to happen because the Ripple effect if it doesn't is amazingly huge.

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 07:41 AM
i'm not a fan of getting just josh richardson back. But in the end he's a similar swap out with roco, and gave up saric for 3/4 a season of butler. I wish brand would have gotten at least 1 1st out of this.

But right now the fate of this deal hinges on miami finding a taker for about $30mil in contracts. Nyk, dal, lal, phx are about the only teams left that can take that much money on. So they better get that deal figured out if this is going to happen because the ripple effect if it doesn't is amazingly huge.

$20m*

warfelg
07-01-2019, 07:43 AM
$20m*

Bobby Marks on ESPN said $30mil because you need to get under the apron and give enough space to fill out the roster.

TylerSL
07-01-2019, 07:45 AM
It's really cool that we're getting Jimmy, he's a great fit for us. I'm pretty realistic about what Miami will be next year, or won't be, but we'll be good. I think we could be on Indiana's level for sure, possibly Brooklyn as well without KD. The hierarchy in the East still rests solely on what Kawhi does, but if Kawhi bolts to LA and Kyrie is toxic, we could conceivably get to the second round of the playoffs.

Regardless, I'm glad the Heat will be more interesting next year. Jimmy was playing out of his mind against the Raptors in Game 7 and almost won Philadelphia that series before Kawhi hit the first game 7 buzzer beater in NBA history. Maybe he'll ball out like people don't expect and in two years Miami can go out and get another star. Crazier things have happened :shrug:

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Bobby Marks on ESPN said $30mil because you need to get under the apron and give enough space to fill out the roster.

Iím not sure but Dragic to the Mavs wouldíve worked, Kelly and DJJ was $1.7M short and neither of those are close to $30M.

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 08:13 AM
It's really cool that we're getting Jimmy, he's a great fit for us. I'm pretty realistic about what Miami will be next year, or won't be, but we'll be good. I think we could be on Indiana's level for sure, possibly Brooklyn as well without KD. The hierarchy in the East still rests solely on what Kawhi does, but if Kawhi bolts to LA and Kyrie is toxic, we could conceivably get to the second round of the playoffs.

Regardless, I'm glad the Heat will be more interesting next year. Jimmy was playing out of his mind against the Raptors in Game 7 and almost won Philadelphia that series before Kawhi hit the first game 7 buzzer beater in NBA history. Maybe he'll ball out like people don't expect and in two years Miami can go out and get another star. Crazier things have happened :shrug:

Miamiís not done, let it all play out and see what we have at training camp.

warfelg
07-01-2019, 08:48 AM
Iím not sure but Dragic to the Mavs wouldíve worked, Kelly and DJJ was $1.7M short and neither of those are close to $30M.

They would of stretched and waived Ryno as part of the deal. Thatís where the extra money was coming from.

TheDish87
07-01-2019, 09:02 AM
sounds like we didnt wanna give him the 5 year max. i would have but not mad at the end result, we might have came out better. not sure why i guy who preaches about wanting to win wants to play for a team thats gonna finish in the 6-9 range with no chance to contend.

AllBall
07-01-2019, 09:51 AM
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1145564405075238913

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1145566272148725760

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1145564848769519616

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/1145566055999238144

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 12:25 PM
sounds like we didnt wanna give him the 5 year max. i would have but not mad at the end result, we might have came out better. not sure why i guy who preaches about wanting to win wants to play for a team thats gonna finish in the 6-9 range with no chance to contend.

ďRiley isnít interestedĒ

ewing
07-01-2019, 12:44 PM
The defending has begun

Why wouldnít people defend Jimmy? Heís good

cmellofan15
07-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Miami really fighting for that 8th seed lmao

IndyRealist
07-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Winslow at PG maximizes his talent, imo.

AllBall
07-01-2019, 01:03 PM

He played his best basketball when Dragic was injured and he was running the point. Night and day difference. Would not mind trying him in that role full time.

JAZZNC
07-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Why wouldnít people defend Jimmy? Heís good

Exactly, he's good not great. He carries himself like he's an all time great type player and he's just an All-Star if that. He has never accomplished anything in his career but he's got the ego of a Kobe Bryant.

ewing
07-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Exactly, he's good not great. He carries himself like he's an all time great type player and he's just an All-Star if that. He has never accomplished anything in his career but he's got the ego of a Kobe Bryant.

So?

unleashthebeast
07-01-2019, 03:41 PM

This is absolutely correct, and I hope he gets a full season next year to prove it.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2019, 05:13 PM
Woj reporting it will be a 4 team deal with POR and LAC. Harkless to LAC which implies that the Whiteside trade is a part of this.

SteBO
07-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Woj reporting it will be a 4 team deal with POR and LAC. Harkless to LAC which implies that the Whiteside trade is a part of this.
Had to send a future 1st to incentivise the Clips. Not thrilled, but it's alright. Not like Miami had much choice.

Rivera
07-01-2019, 05:38 PM
The tide has turned. Jimmy was offered a super Mac from Philly and heís like nahhhh

Wonder if itís something simple like playing in Miami or if itís something deeper even though he LOVED Joel

NBA all the way
07-01-2019, 05:50 PM
The tide has turned. Jimmy was offered a super Mac from Philly and heís like nahhhh

Wonder if itís something simple like playing in Miami or if itís something deeper even though he LOVED Joel

I think he probably just wanted to go to a warmer climate, tbh.

Obviously the Wade factor was in play too.

hugepatsfan
07-01-2019, 05:50 PM
What would a Beal/Wall to MIA deal look like?

Olynyk, Winslow, Dragic, Johnson, Leonard would be a combined $70.3M so enough to take back Wall/Beal for $65.3M. Iíd think Washington would need Bam in the deal besides the salary relief. But that gives MIA two building blocks.

AllBall
07-01-2019, 06:46 PM
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1145820829248364544

Dade County
07-01-2019, 07:06 PM

Pat trying to make moves on top of moves.

Dade County
07-01-2019, 07:13 PM
What would a Beal/Wall to MIA deal look like?

Olynyk, Winslow, Dragic, Johnson, Leonard would be a combined $70.3M so enough to take back Wall/Beal for $65.3M. Iíd think Washington would need Bam in the deal besides the salary relief. But that gives MIA two building blocks.

Please don't get WaDe03 started...

Let Wall sit in Washington until he can prove that he can come back from that achilles injury. His entire game was based on overall speed & a quick first step.

But for Beal alone with fillers & a 3rd team....

Miami can give up, Waiters, JJ, Dragic, Winslow & Olynyk.

That should clear up a lot of cap space also.

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Please don't get WaDe03 started...

Let Wall sit in Washington until he can prove that he can come back from that achilles injury. His entire game was based on overall speed & a quick first step.

But for Beal alone with fillers & a 3rd team....

Miami can give up, Waiters, JJ, Dragic, Winslow & Olynyk.

That should clear up a lot of cap space also.

Youíve already shown you donít have a clue what youíre talking about. You thought we were getting Jimmy for JJ and Dion lmao! No JRich or any other young player.

If itís just Beal and no Wall I will be very shocked if we donít trade bam

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 07:41 PM
And your proposal is just awful Dade County. If Beal is available to us by just himself anyone on the team is available in the deal.

Dade County
07-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Youíve already shown you donít have a clue what youíre talking about. You thought we were getting Jimmy for JJ and Dion lmao! No JRich or any other young player.

If itís just Beal and no Wall I will be very shocked if we donít trade bam

Correction I said no JRich & Bam. Then I stated if they did trade JRich, then i would have been wrong. You can easily go search that up.

Winslow and whoever else could have went. Your welcome.

And your proposal is just awful Dade County. If Beal is available to us by just himself anyone on the team is available in the deal.

That is everyone with the contracts needed to pull off a deal for Beal & send out to a 3rd team lol

I left Bam out & this year draft picks. Oh well lmao

Dade County
07-01-2019, 07:52 PM
WaDe03

Of course we as HEAT fans would like Beal, but who the heck would want Wall contract along for the ride. You can't get upset at anyone that feels that way.

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Correction I said no JRich & Bam. Then I stated if they did trade JRich, then i would have been wrong. You can easily go search that up.

Winslow and whoever else could have went. Your welcome.

That is everyone with the contracts needed to pull off a deal for Beal & send out to a 3rd team lol

I left Bam out & this year draft picks. Oh well lmao

You said neither of them would be moved, JRich was obviously.

If we can get Beal just by himself you better believe Riley would give Bam in a heartbeat.

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 08:03 PM
WaDe03

Of course we as HEAT fans would like Beal, but who the heck would want Wall contract along for the ride. You can't get upset at anyone that feels that way.

Youíre acting like I donít know what Iím talking about. Iíve been al over the Beal **** for weeks now. If pat can get him he will.

Dade County
07-01-2019, 08:27 PM
You said neither of them would be moved, JRich was obviously.

At first YES, then I stated if they did trade JRich, then i would be wrong; we will see.

Do I really need to copy & paste that post for you???

I was wrong at the end of the day anyway.

If we can get Beal just by himself you better believe Riley would give Bam in a heartbeat.

He would. Doesn't mean I would like that. Also not saying I would hate Pat if he did so. I like Bam as a player for Miami, there is nothing wrong with that.

Dade County
07-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Youíre acting like I donít know what Iím talking about.]

Never said that. I told the poster don't get you started because NO ONE WANTS WALL in a Miami jersey, at least until he proves himself.

And I know, you would start tagging the tweets...etc

[QUOTE=WaDe03;33028248]
Iíve been al over the Beal **** for weeks now. If pat can get him he will.

You and others have brought up Beal name, ok.

Dade County
07-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Just for you WaDe03

According to former NBA forward Matt Barnes, who recently made an appearance on ESPNís ďThe Jump,Ē the Miami Heat are reportedly looking to bring both Jimmy Butler and Bradley Beal to South Beach.

After what was predicted to be a relatively quiet offseason for the Heat, it seems that Heat president Pat Riley isnít going to wait until 2020 to make a big splash. Thatís because the Heat currently have no cap space to work with. But that doesnít mean they canít trade for big-name players now.

While the Heat have already parted ways with coveted swingman Josh Richardson in order to bring in Butler, they will likely have to trade point guard Goran Dragic and other young assets in order to acquire Beal as well.

https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-heat-pair-jimmy-butler-bradley-beal-miami/

I just don't think the Wiz are trading Beal at the moment. I believe Pat has his sights on another All Star caliber player.

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 10:20 PM
At first YES, then I stated if they did trade JRich, then i would be wrong; we will see.

Do I really need to copy & paste that post for you???

I was wrong at the end of the day anyway.

He would. Doesn't mean I would like that. Also not saying I would hate Pat if he did so. I like Bam as a player for Miami, there is nothing wrong with that.

No there is something wrong with it lol! Beal just turned 26 and is on his way to being top 10 soon, Bam is a good young player but you make that trade 10 times out of 10 if it presents itself and youíre fired if you donít.

WaDe03
07-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Just for you WaDe03

I just don't think the Wiz are trading Beal at the moment. I believe Pat has his sights on another All Star caliber player.

Old news brother

zadora5
07-02-2019, 09:29 AM
"After I get a contract done" in no way is Butler saying "I'm signing with Miami." The guy's just saying he's prioritizing the contract right nowóI think you're reading a little too much into it. Also, that Tweet was from hours ago.

This didn't age well, dummy

zadora5
07-02-2019, 09:30 AM

Ignorance is bliss

zadora5
07-02-2019, 09:31 AM
He's basically guaranteed that he'll never win a ring in his prime barring a trade. I hope those beaches and hanging out with Wade a few times a month was worth it...[/QUOTE]

You salty AF lmaoooo I'm cryin

warfelg
07-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Best of luck to Jimmy in Miami getting what he wants. To be the alpha on a team built to fit him.

NBA all the way
07-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Best of luck to Jimmy in Miami getting what he wants. To be the alpha on a team built to fit him.

Seems like a really weird fit as currently constructed.

AllBall
07-02-2019, 11:21 AM

Listening to the Woj podcast, they brought up a good point that this Summer may have marked the end of the Superteam era, with the 3rd and 4th all star on a team being diminished and KD leaving possibly in part to change that narrative of his career.

beasted86
07-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Seems like a really weird fit as currently constructed.

He could possibly maximize the talent of Winslow and BAM. Miami hasn't had a real threat to take pressure off these guys.

Wade was that only in flashes last season.

warfelg
07-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Listening to the Woj podcast, they brought up a good point that this Summer may have marked the end of the Superteam era, with the 3rd and 4th all star on a team being diminished and KD leaving possibly in part to change that narrative of his career.

This is my own $0.02 take on it:
Players saw what happened with 4 stars and little depth vs 1-2 stars and big depth. Behind that and teams the had more depth ranking higher and making runs, more players are going to say 2 max players and 40% of the cap on 4 more high level players outpaces other options.