PDA

View Full Version : Nikola Vucevic to re-sign with Orlando 4 years, 100 mil

redsox12
06-30-2019, 12:21 AM
The Athletic's Shams Charania reports that Nikola Vucevic plans to commit to a four-year, $100 million deal with the Orlando Magic.

Vucevic looks set to stay in Orlando for at least another four seasons. Reports surfaced a few days prior to free agency that the two sides were close to an agreement, which now looks to be all but a formality at this point. Vucevic made the All-Star team and led the Magic to the playoffs this past season. It will be interesting to see what this move means for the future of Mo Bamba.

rotoworld

redsox12
06-30-2019, 12:26 AM
I'll go ahead and through this out there. The pick Boston just got from Phoenix in the draft to Orlando for Mo Bamba.

NBA all the way
06-30-2019, 12:29 AM
rotoworld

At least they were able to get him under his max.

R. Johnson#3
06-30-2019, 12:53 AM
Marc Gasol cost Vuc a whole lot of money.

warfelg
06-30-2019, 08:42 AM
I don't understand Orlando

beasted86
06-30-2019, 09:14 AM
I don't understand Orlando

They enjoy losing. They should have traded Vucevic at the deadline along with Ross and tanked again. Might have gotten lucky to move up.

I'd much more prefer they had a core of something like Rozier/Culver/(Vucevic trade?)/Gordon/Bamba going into next season than what they have now.

warfelg
06-30-2019, 09:19 AM
They enjoy losing. They should have traded Vucevic at the deadline along with Ross and tanked again. Might have gotten lucky to move up.

I'd much more prefer they had a core of something like Rozier/Culver/(Vucevic trade?)/Gordon/Bamba going into next season than what they have now.

Agreed.

I just don't get them. Gordon in the last year of his deal, draft Isaac as a potential replacement, resign Gordon. Vuc in the last year of his deal, draft Bamba as a replacement, resign Bamba.

The sad reality:
It's ownership that found the money making sweet spot. Not in the tax, good enough to make the playoffs.

KobeOwnSU
06-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Overpay. What is the plan in Orlando??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeonFSU
06-30-2019, 01:41 PM
Isaac was not ready to be an average starter until this past year. So they resigned Gordon. Pretty good contract there; I think Hammond/Weltman figured they could trade out of it down the line if it improved the team.

Similar rationale with Bamba. Definitely not ready. They rather create a pattern of winning than tanking for more picks. Not everyone will agree with that strategy. I think Hammond/Weltman probably think they could trade Vucevic down the line too, but Iím not too sure if heíll be an asset for this price.

Wouldíve like to see 3 years or less overall money (like the 4 yr, $90 mil initially reported) though we donít know exact numbers yet. Unlike Gordon though, in Vucevicís case, he really meant too much for the team for them to lose him and not take a huge step backwards.

LeonFSU
06-30-2019, 01:46 PM
I hope the contract is structured like Gordonís and declines in salary in the later years. Like closer to $30 million in the first couple years and closer to $20 million in the last couple years.