PDA

View Full Version : Championship Toronto Raptors vs. Your Team's All-Time Greats

RaiderLakersA's
06-29-2019, 12:07 PM
These exercises are always fun to do.

Pick your team's all-time historically great players at each position and pit them against the current champs in a 7 game series. Obviously, name the players and tell us who wins and in how many games. (And yes, Raptors have Kawhi for this series, in case you're wondering.)

Not to leave out Raptors fans, if you don't feel like kicking back and enjoying the rays from that sparkly O'Brien, dare assemble 5 players from any of the previous Raptors teams that could beat the starting 5 that won you the title. Yes, I know that it took more than 5 to bring it home, but let's keep this down to just the starters. Congrats again on winning it all.

GREATNESS ONE
06-29-2019, 12:14 PM
Kareem/Wilt
McAdoo/Thompson
Worthy/Wilkes
Cooper/Baylor
Magic/West

or

Shaq/ Divac or Bynum
Gasol/Horry
Lebron/Odom
Kobe/Scott OR Jones
Fisher/ Nixon or Van Exel

lol

Chronz
06-29-2019, 01:02 PM
no team beats an all-time team

IKnowHoops
06-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Toronto gets Slaughtered in 4 by every team
/Thread

Cal827
06-29-2019, 06:19 PM
Yeah, maybe not in 4 games (probably though), but almost everyone's all-time team smoke Toronto's championship roster.. In fact, that could probably have been said regardless of who won the title. Even the Warriors would have a few teams that would crush them (from their all-time too)

Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green
Cousins

Vs LA:

Magic
Kobe/West
Baylor/Worthy
Gasol/Green
Kareem/Shaq

Pretty much any form of those players given would probably take the Warriors out in 5-6 games at most too... Ditto for the Celtics, 76ers and a couple others.

The Raptors vs Raptors All time is interesting though, cause growing up, we've never been able to adqeuately replace a star leaving... E.g. Bosh needed a scoring wing so badly, while Demar/Kyle needed a Strech 4/post presence so badly.

Taking players who had somewhat of a Prime here (but weren't on the championship roster):

Stoudamire
Carter
Derozan
Bosh
JV or Antonio Davis

Though I feel Lowry/Kawhi/Green would be able to shut down Stoudamire and the one of the wings.. Bosh I feel would create problems for Siakam, but I also think that he would have issues guarding Siakam too (His defense improved quite a bit in Miami, and while he wasn't a terrible defender here, he did need serious improvement). The roster would have to take advantage of their rebounding advantage in comparison to the championship team, but even with that, I would expect the championship roster to win in 6-7 games.

smith&wesson
06-29-2019, 08:55 PM
Chauncy Billups/Damon Staudamire
DeMar Derozan/Jalen Rose
Vince Carter/Shawn Marion
TMac/Charles Oakley
Chris Bosh/Antonio Davis