PDA

View Full Version : NBA All-Time Redraft 2nd Round - Team UTB vs Team TO

valade16
06-26-2019, 02:20 PM
Every year members of PSD get together and have a draft of all the players throughout history. They are then ranked and seeded where a "playoff" determines the winner of the game. This is that playoff. Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 games series.

Team UTB (Homecourt advantage)

C: Bill Walton - Arvydas Sabonis
PF: Kevin Garnett - Shane Battier
SF: Ron Artest - Doug Christie
SG: Dwyane Wade - Bradley Beal
PG: Mark Price - Patrick Beverley

vs

Team TO

PG: Jerry West (35) | Kemba Waker (13)
SG: James Harden (33) | Kyle Korver (15)
SF: Andrei Kirilenko (26) | Khris Middleton (12) | Dan Majerle (10)
PF: Chris Bosh (34) | Andrei Kirilenko (7) | Joel Embiid (7)
C: Patrick Ewing (33) | Joel Embiid (15)

Dunkapolooza
06-26-2019, 02:35 PM
Holy **** those are some terrible benches lol.

Beverley, Christie, Battier, Korver, Middleton... that's half the benches lol. None of those guys are even close to being great players in the league. How are they All Time greats?

Dunkapolooza
06-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Wade is gonna put in work. Ak not quick enough and west isn't big enough. I like artest on harden as a match up. Will harden create a ton of fouls or will artest physically bother him?

dhopisthename
06-26-2019, 08:33 PM
Wade is gonna put in work. Ak not quick enough and west isn't big enough. I like artest on harden as a match up. Will harden create a ton of fouls or will artest physically bother him?

just a side note, but I bet west and wade are within a inch of each other if not the same size

Dunkapolooza
06-27-2019, 02:37 AM
Kevin Durant and mo harkless are the same height. Are they the same size?

Manute bol is 7'7" is he big enough to guard Shaq?

Dwayne Wade had 45 lbs on west. The two inches ain't the issue.

dhopisthename
06-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Kevin Durant and mo harkless are the same height. Are they the same size?

Manute bol is 7'7" is he big enough to guard Shaq?

Dwayne Wade had 45 lbs on west. The two inches ain't the issue.

russell at 215lb did fine against 275lb wilt. I also really doubt wade has 45 lbs on west. they didn't hit the weights back then as hard as they do today, but they still worked out.

Redrum187
06-27-2019, 03:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/esVmpfv.jpg

Dunkapolooza
06-27-2019, 04:06 PM
oh Jerry West is Bill Russell now? lol I think if he was he'd have more than one tittle.

Btw? Wilt averaged 29.9 pts a game against Bill Russell.... 25.7 in the playoffs. So that's what Jerry West is going to do to Wade?

Do you know how Russell beat Wilt btw? Have you listened to Bill Russell interviews? Its pretty genius... Bill got his *** kicked. That's how he won. He got his *** kicked all game, playing 75% on defense. And then, after Wilt had worn himself for a moment, Bill would signal his team and then they all go 110% for 5 key minutes - whenever he felt those were - and snag the lead at just the right time.

And yes, Dwayne Wade has 45 lbs on Jerry West. Wade is big and thick compared to guards in his own time. Jerry West was long and skinny compared to guards in his own time. Walt Frazier, Oscar Robertson, Jojo White, Dave Bing and Earl Monroe all had 25 - 10 lbs on him.

Stylistically their body types are like Kareem vs Shaq, same era or not there would always be a considerable weight gap. Wade was more like Oscar / Walt Frazier and Jerry West is more like Trae Young / Avery Bradley / Kemba Walker sized.

dhopisthename
06-27-2019, 06:06 PM
oh Jerry West is Bill Russell now? lol I think if he was he'd have more than one tittle.

Btw? Wilt averaged 29.9 pts a game against Bill Russell.... 25.7 in the playoffs. So that's what Jerry West is going to do to Wade?

Do you know how Russell beat Wilt btw? Have you listened to Bill Russell interviews? Its pretty genius... Bill got his *** kicked. That's how he won. He got his *** kicked all game, playing 75% on defense. And then, after Wilt had worn himself for a moment, Bill would signal his team and then they all go 110% for 5 key minutes - whenever he felt those were - and snag the lead at just the right time.

And yes, Dwayne Wade has 45 lbs on Jerry West. Wade is big and thick compared to guards in his own time. Jerry West was long and skinny compared to guards in his own time. Walt Frazier, Oscar Robertson, Jojo White, Dave Bing and Earl Monroe all had 25 - 10 lbs on him.

Stylistically their body types are like Kareem vs Shaq, same era or not there would always be a considerable weight gap. Wade was more like Oscar / Walt Frazier and Jerry West is more like Trae Young / Avery Bradley / Kemba Walker sized.

isn't that the point? the numbers you listed? When Russell retired Wilt at that point had averaged 34.4 points per game so in the playoffs Russell held Wilt to almost 9 points worse a game. that's incredible. Russell won because the celtics forced the wilt team to beat him by himself and given by your own stats he wasn't good enough to do that.

But who cares about that this is about west covering wade, and so what he has some weight on him. west might be one of the few guys who is close to wades quickness which was a huge part of wades early success. sure later he got better in the post, but by then his knees were shot. Yes Wade will get some points, but West is going to force him to really work for those points especially with Bosh and ewing in the post defending.

Dunkapolooza
06-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Wilt played with a 20+ player basically every year of his career. West, Baylor, Gail Goodrich, and Hersey Hawkins all averaged mid twenties to 30. West even averaged 30 when wilt lost. Russell won because he "turned it on" for five minutes at the right times. west, who was notorious for going 100% on every play, and wilt played right into Russell's strategy. Which was used on west more than he ever used it.

Besides, matched up against a similar sized guard in Walt frazier, west lost 2-1 in the finals. And west had wilt! Where Frazier had reed.

Wade wins that match up.

Dunkapolooza
06-27-2019, 06:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/esVmpfv.jpg

Lmao

TO Rapz
06-28-2019, 12:36 PM
I think its fairly evident that Dunka is still caught up in losing his matchup to me and will take whatever lengths need be to discredit my team.

unleashthebeast
06-28-2019, 12:58 PM
I think its fairly evident that Dunka is still caught up in losing his matchup to me and will take whatever lengths need be to discredit my team.

Or he just realizes that my team is better than yours, because it is

unleashthebeast
06-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Ron Artest, Shane battier and Doug Christie will bring out the worst version of playoff harden

TO Rapz
06-28-2019, 02:31 PM
Lol yes cus one biased mans opinion defines a matchup. You'll say whatever you need to to make people vote for you, rather than the truth. Just let the people decide which team is better. :laugh:

Anyways, good thing Harden doesn't have to carry the load in the playoffs, nor does he play the same style of basketball on my team that coach D'Anton asks him to play. Its not gona be the ball in Hardens hand all day on offense. My offense is going to create way too many problems for him defensively. West/Harden is the perfect back court fit with shooters and defenders throughout the roster.

Quinnsanity
06-28-2019, 05:53 PM
I've loved TO's team as much as almost any other throughout this game, but the UTB juggernaut continues its march towards a championship here. Artest is kind of a perfect defender for Harden because of his length and strength.

valade16
07-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Team UTB Wins