PDA

View Full Version : Masai Ujiri Staying In Toronto

LaVar Ball
06-25-2019, 11:56 AM
Yahoo article but here is the quote from just 15 min ago:

ďFor me it's always been about Toronto,Ē Ujiri said. ďI love it here. My family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is important. My kids are Canadian. I want to win more... In my mind, I'm here."

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 12:28 PM
He has no choice now. If those charges stick he probably wonít be able to return to the United States for a while.

KG2TB
06-25-2019, 01:09 PM
He has no choice now. If those charges stick he probably wonít be able to return to the United States for a while.

They wonít stick

goingfor28
06-25-2019, 02:07 PM
They wonít stickThis

aman_13
06-25-2019, 02:25 PM
He has no choice now. If those charges stick he probably wonít be able to return to the United States for a while.I highly doubt that was in the equation. It's almost a non story.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 04:22 PM
I highly doubt that was in the equation. It's almost a non story.

Itís relevant. Regardless if itís a ďstoryĒ or not. Ask any of your friends with a criminal record how long it took to get a pardon. Itís not a joke and celebrities donít get a pass. Depending on the officer pursuing the case, we wonít know until thereís a trial or a law suit filed.

Either way Iím happy heís staying in Toronto.

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 04:24 PM
They wonít stick

Hope not.

mike_noodles
06-25-2019, 04:42 PM
Itís relevant. Regardless if itís a ďstoryĒ or not. Ask any of your friends with a criminal record how long it took to get a pardon. Itís not a joke and celebrities donít get a pass. Depending on the officer pursuing the case, we wonít know until thereís a trial or a law suit filed.

I can vouch. I have a friend thatís not allowed into the US because of assault charges. Even when he goes to Mexico heís not allowed to do change overs in the US.

IndyRealist
06-25-2019, 04:45 PM

"celebrities donít get a pass"

Not sure what world you live in, but celebrities get passes all the time. Last week it came out (Poineer Woman on food network) Ree Drummond's daughter Paige had charges dropped against her for public intoxication and underaged consumption. Not plea to a lesser charge, not community service, not a diversion program. All charges dropped and the arrest was hushed up.

Fame buys a lot of immunity. And lawyers.

aman_13
06-25-2019, 05:10 PM

Either way Iím happy heís staying in Toronto.Not that Masai needs his fame and power to surpress these charges because the case looks weak, but being a celebrity definitely helps. Plenty of cases to support that.

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 06:49 PM
Not that Masai needs his fame and power to surpress these charges because the case looks weak, but being a celebrity definitely helps. Plenty of cases to support that.

Jeez... I mean if you have a criminal record good luck getting across the border. And no celebrities donít get a pass.

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 06:53 PM
"celebrities donít get a pass"

Not sure what world you live in, but celebrities get passes all the time. Last week it came out (Poineer Woman on food network) Ree Drummond's daughter Paige had charges dropped against her for public intoxication and underaged consumption. Not plea to a lesser charge, not community service, not a diversion program. All charges dropped and the arrest was hushed up.

Fame buys a lot of immunity. And lawyers.

Lawyers yes, Iím with you there, thatíll help fight the case.

But if you have a criminal charge on your record youíre telling me youíre getting across the boarder due to your fame ? I donít think so, not with out a pardon youíre not.

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 06:59 PM
I can vouch. I have a friend thatís not allowed into the US because of assault charges. Even when he goes to Mexico heís not allowed to do change overs in the US.

Yeah apparently the Canadian/American boarder is real ďrelaxedĒ all your friend needed was celebrity status to get across lol...

goingfor28
06-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Jeez... I mean if you have a criminal record good luck getting across the border. And no celebrities donít get a pass.Lol yes they absolutely do

aman_13
06-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Jeez... I mean if you have a criminal record good luck getting across the border. And no celebrities donít get a pass.

You have never read about a celebrity having their charges dropped?

Anyways, i don't believe for one second Masai operated on the thought of losing the case. He loves Toronto and that's why he is staying.

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 09:50 PM
You have never read about a celebrity having their charges dropped?

Anyways, i don't believe for one second Masai operated on the thought of losing the case. He loves Toronto and that's why he is staying.

Weíre talking about two different things. Youíre talking about fighting the case itself. what I originally said was ďif you have a criminal record good luck crossing the boarderĒ which means if you get convicted and charged thus resulting you having charges you wonít be able to cross. And thatís the truth.

What I said has nothing to do with him having power to fight the case, or if his celebrity status would help him win the case, or if the officer had a case at all. I would further elaborate but I think you get it.

SiteWolf
06-25-2019, 10:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I think he meant celebrities don't get a pass when crossing borders.

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 10:25 PM
I could be wrong, but I think he meant celebrities don't get a pass when crossing borders.

Precisely

goingfor28
06-25-2019, 10:34 PM
I could be wrong, but I think he meant celebrities don't get a pass when crossing borders.That's not at all how it read. It totally read as celebrities don't get a pass in general, like they get charged just as easily as you or me, which is dead wrong.

smith&wesson
06-25-2019, 11:57 PM
That's not at all how it read. It totally read as celebrities don't get a pass in general, like they get charged just as easily as you or me, which is dead wrong.

Read again

aman_13
06-26-2019, 01:35 AM
Weíre talking about two different things. Youíre talking about fighting the case itself. what I originally said was ďif you have a criminal record good luck crossing the boarderĒ which means if you get convicted and charged thus resulting you having charges you wonít be able to cross. And thatís the truth.

What I said has nothing to do with him having power to fight the case, or if his celebrity status would help him win the case, or if the officer had a case at all. I would further elaborate but I think you get it.

In the case of pardons for those who have a criminal record, there are still a number of celebrities that have visited Canada despite their criminal record. Canada is very strict, and there have been a number of celebs that have been told they can't cross but exceptions have been made.

With that said, it still doesn't make sense for Masai not to take the job in Washington because of his case with the police. He hasn't been found guilty and i would bet if by some chance he was found guilty (extremely unlikely), it would probably have been reduced to something very minor.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2019, 07:03 AM

Jussie Smollett says hi

smith&wesson
06-26-2019, 08:17 AM
In the case of pardons for those who have a criminal record, there are still a number of celebrities that have visited Canada despite their criminal record. Canada is very strict, and there have been a number of celebs that have been told they can't cross but exceptions have been made.

With that said, it still doesn't make sense for Masai not to take the job in Washington because of his case with the police. He hasn't been found guilty and i would bet if by some chance he was found guilty (extremely unlikely), it would probably have been reduced to something very minor.

How does it not make sense? You think you can go work in the states with a record if you were charged ? Again, all along Iíve said ďIFĒ he was charged! Really straight forward stuff.

Like who? Iíd love the example of these exceptions because I paid $60 dollars to go to a Nas concert for my 20th bday that was canceled due to him not being able to cross the border.

I never said he was found guilty. Iíve rewrote what I said about 3 times. I know youíre a smart dude. To debate with me over boarder security is a little bit ridiculous but confirms my suspicion about you all along. Youíll argue any point I make simply because you donít like me. In fact if I was on the other side of this so called debate guarantee you would switch your stance to a more logical one and say that our boarders are more secure then that. But thatís fine my dude.

Here Iíll even agree with you ....celebrities get a pass, even with a criminal record they can cross the boarder with out difficulty ... cool? Anyways ..

smith&wesson
06-26-2019, 08:20 AM
Jussie Smollett says hi

Not to familiar with him, all I know about him is that he staged a racist attack on himself or something like that? Right ? Is that really the same thing here ? I mean I donít know like I said Iím not familiar with him or his case or anything. Was he convicted ? Has charges ? And was allowed to cross the boarder ?

mike_noodles
06-26-2019, 08:21 AM

It is true, but on the other hand I've been to three concerts where one of the performers wasn't allowed across the border and they had to tell us during the show that the performer wouldn't be there.

More-Than-Most
06-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Not to familiar with him, all I know about him is that he staged a racist attack on himself or something like that? Right ? Is that really the same thing here ? I mean I donít know like I said Iím not familiar with him or his case or anything. Was he convicted ? Has charges ? And was allowed to cross the boarder ?

He was charged with like 900 different things... there was clear as day evidence and his ties to obama etc appeared and they let him off with nothing... no convictions and then came out and said he was guilty the next day lol... read up on it honestly... Its incredible how horrid it is and right now they are trying to re convict because of the **** judge etc and they likely will.

smith&wesson
06-26-2019, 08:47 AM
He was charged with like 900 different things... there was clear as day evidence and his ties to obama etc appeared and they let him off with nothing... no convictions and then came out and said he was guilty the next day lol... read up on it honestly... Its incredible how horrid it is and right now they are trying to re convict because of the **** judge etc and they likely will.

I googled him since you brought it up. Iím honestly baffled by this. What an idiot. Not a good look on Barack either.

But my point was with respect to people who have charges on their records having the ability to cross the boarder. I know that people with fame and power more often then not beat their cases weather guilty or not. That simply comes with the territory of having connections, and money for high powered lawyers which in most cases famous people have.

Jamiecballer
06-26-2019, 09:15 AM
That's not at all how it read. It totally read as celebrities don't get a pass in general, like they get charged just as easily as you or me, which is dead wrong.Well you need to reread it, one sentence literally follows the other. No need to read between those lines.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
06-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Well you need to reread it, one sentence literally follows the other. No need to read between those lines.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Thank you Jamie 🙏

aman_13
06-26-2019, 11:57 AM
How does it not make sense? You think you can go work in the states with a record if you were charged ? Again, all along Iíve said ďIFĒ he was charged! Really straight forward stuff.

Like who? Iíd love the example of these exceptions because I paid $60 dollars to go to a Nas concert for my 20th bday that was canceled due to him not being able to cross the border.

I never said he was found guilty. Iíve rewrote what I said about 3 times. I know youíre a smart dude. To debate with me over boarder security is a little bit ridiculous but confirms my suspicion about you all along. Youíll argue any point I make simply because you donít like me. In fact if I was on the other side of this so called debate guarantee you would switch your stance to a more logical one and say that our boarders are more secure then that. But thatís fine my dude.

Here Iíll even agree with you ....celebrities get a pass, even with a criminal record they can cross the boarder with out difficulty ... cool? Anyways ..Yikes, nevermind. I don't know how you got the impression that I don't like you. He hasn't been found guilty and I'm sure he would not assume guilt, so why would he not take the job? That was my point or maybe I didn't make that clear enough.

Mike Tyson, Will Smith, Jay Z are examples that come to mind who are allowed in Canada and they all have criminal records.

I'm not trying to be contentious. It's happened.

aman_13
06-26-2019, 12:00 PM
It is true, but on the other hand I've been to three concerts where one of the performers wasn't allowed across the border and they had to tell us during the show that the performer wouldn't be there.Yeah a lot of celebs get turned down. Chris Brown for example is still not allowed in Canada and he's booked shows here and they have been sold out.

ChongInc.
06-26-2019, 12:30 PM
I've crossed the border with a criminal record. It's basically 50/50 if they do a background check. Being a celebrity is actually a bad thing in that scenario because it's more likely they do a background check or just already know about your criminal record from the gossip news.

smith&wesson
06-26-2019, 12:53 PM
Yikes, nevermind. I don't know how you got the impression that I don't like you. He hasn't been found guilty and I'm sure he would not assume guilt, so why would he not take the job? That was my point or maybe I didn't make that clear enough.

Mike Tyson, Will Smith, Jay Z are examples that come to mind who are allowed in Canada and they all have criminal records.

I'm not trying to be contentious. It's happened.

All with pardons... but who really cares about this. I was just making a point about how the case could have interfered with the job if he was considering it. Itís moot point now. He staying and thatís all that matters.

smith&wesson
06-26-2019, 12:54 PM
I've crossed the border with a criminal record. It's basically 50/50 if they do a background check. Being a celebrity is actually a bad thing in that scenario because it's more likely they do a background check or just already know about your criminal record from the gossip news.

Youíve always been a risky guy with your threesomes, and your illegal force entries lol 😝 jk

my friend received a pardon 7 years after he was charged so we got excited and got airfair to Vegas... he was denied at the border even with a pardon and had to eat the cost of the ticket. 2 years later he was allowed to go to Miami though.

aman_13
06-26-2019, 01:36 PM
All with pardons... but who really cares about this. I was just making a point about how the case could have interfered with the job if he was considering it. Itís moot point now. He staying and thatís all that matters.Yeah I'm happy he's back.

ChongInc.
06-27-2019, 09:40 AM
Youíve always been a risky guy with your threesomes, and your illegal force entries lol 😝 jk

my friend received a pardon 7 years after he was charged so we got excited and got airfair to Vegas... he was denied at the border even with a pardon and had to eat the cost of the ticket. 2 years later he was allowed to go to Miami though.

Illegal force entries lol!

I just have some old 'fraud under 5k' from when I was a punkass kid working for the wrong company.
Planning on getting a pardon this year. I've let it sit for too long