PDA

View Full Version : Pacers acquire TJ Warren & #32 of this yr’s pick from Suns

LaVar Ball
06-20-2019, 05:29 PM
Woj: Indiana has traded for Phoenix’s TJ Warren, league source tells ESPN.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 05:37 PM
They're clearing space for FA... DBLO/Randle to Phoenix

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Yea Phoenix obviously has something coming. No other reason to give up a guy who averaged 18 while shooting 43% from 3 and a 2nd round pick.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 05:44 PM
I just looked at their cap space, don't think they can get two guys....

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 06:00 PM
I just looked at their cap space, don't think they can get two guys....

What about DLo and Randle?

LeonFSU
06-20-2019, 06:07 PM
Dumb.

Mr.B
06-20-2019, 06:31 PM
The Mavs were in on this and decided not to pull the trigger. Keep an eye on them, they’re up to something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redsox12
06-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Great trade for IND. Warren is so underrated, him and Victor Oladipo are going to be great together.

SG Oladipo
PG ?
SF Warren
PF Leaf
C Turner

Thats not bad.

LeonFSU
06-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Suns just traded back from 6 to 11 for Saric.

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 07:00 PM
I can only assume Bojan is leaving since TJ has 3yrs on his deal.

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Great trade for IND. Warren is so underrated, him and Victor Oladipo are going to be great together.

SG Oladipo
PG ?
SF Warren
PF Leaf
C Turner

Thats not bad.

If we don't resign/replace Young, Sabonis would start at PF.

cxres
06-20-2019, 07:12 PM
I guess they’re expecting DLo, Rozier **** could be Kyrie. Saric “ replaces “ Tj @ the 4. Maybe they’re gunning for a guy like Nas Little / Sekou. Cam Reddish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-21-2019, 02:04 AM
honestly the suns are ****ing morons... keep warren and ****ing trade booker for a ton and start putting your franchise in a great position.

Ahriman
06-21-2019, 03:25 AM
Exactly, as long as they keep Booker, they won't go anywhere

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 09:02 AM
James Jones is the black Pat Riley lmao!

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 10:06 AM
I can only assume Bojan is leaving since TJ has 3yrs on his deal.

Or they brought in Warren to replace Evans who was just banned from the league. They’re obviously trying to put pieces around Oladipo.

IndyRealist
06-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Or they brought in Warren to replace Evans who was just banned from the league. They’re obviously trying to put pieces around Oladipo.

Evans is a 1/2/3. Warren is a 3/4. We have 4 rotation bigs with Goga, so Warren is playing 3. He's better than Doug McDermott, so Warren is starting. That pretty much means Bogdanovic is gone.

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Evans is a 1/2/3. Warren is a 3/4. We have 4 rotation bigs with Goga, so Warren is playing 3. He's better than Doug McDermott, so Warren is starting. That pretty much means Bogdanovic is gone.

I don’t think that it means he’s gone. These guys can play multiple positions and the minutes can be spread out.

Losing Evans means they needed a rotational player, and if Thad Young walks you have Warren who can also play the 4.

warfelg
06-21-2019, 10:57 AM
I don’t think that it means he’s gone. These guys can play multiple positions and the minutes can be spread out.

Losing Evans means they needed a rotational player, and if Thad Young walks you have Warren who can also play the 4.

I think a Thad replacement is more likely.

IndyRealist
06-21-2019, 11:06 AM

Nah, it's the reality of a small market team that loses 10% of it's TV revenue. You can't have that much money piled up on SFs.

Depth Chart:
PG: (Likely Ricky Rubio)/Aaron Holiday
SG: Oladipo/free agent
SF: Warren/McDermott
PF: Sabonis/Leaf
C: Turner/Goga

Warren can't play SG (he's not really athletic enough to guard SF). Getting a big name PF cuts into Sabonis' minutes even more now that Goga got drafted. I can see us signing a backup combo guard (to replace Evans) and a backup PF, along with Rubio. Anything else would be really surprising.

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Nah, it's the reality of a small market team that loses 10% of it's TV revenue. You can't have that much money piled up on SFs.

Depth Chart:
PG: (Likely Ricky Rubio)/Aaron Holiday
SG: Oladipo/free agent
SF: Warren/McDermott
PF: Sabonis/Leaf
C: Turner/Goga

Warren can't play SG (he's not really athletic enough to guard SF). Getting a big name PF cuts into Sabonis' minutes even more now that Goga got drafted. I can see us signing a backup combo guard (to replace Evans) and a backup PF, along with Rubio. Anything else would be really surprising.

SF is probably the strongest position in today’s NBA. If you don’t have a Durant, Lebron, Leonard, Giannis etc etc then having solid depth at the position doesn’t hurt.

I just don’t think it automatically means that Bogdanovic is gone. It could be insurance. But I wouldn’t say that the pacers have no shot at retaining him.

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 11:52 AM
I think a Thad replacement is more likely.

Yeah could be. I’m not familiar with the pacers cap situation. Is it possible they bring the whole band back (minus Evans) and simply have added Warren ? Maybe also add Rubio ? Because they were a top 4 team in the east before Victor got injured.

Also does Evans contract go against their cap ? Or does it get slated off ?

IndyRealist
06-21-2019, 12:33 PM
Yeah could be. I’m not familiar with the pacers cap situation. Is it possible they bring the whole band back (minus Evans) and simply have added Warren ? Maybe also add Rubio ? Because they were a top 4 team in the east before Victor got injured.

Also does Evans contract go against their cap ? Or does it get slated off ?

Darren Collison wants to go to a contender (reportedly turned down the Suns). Bogdanovic is going to make a ton of money if the Spurs are really after him as rumored. Thad could come back but we have a logjam if he does.

Renouncing all holds we have an estimated 32M in cap after trading for Warren and presumably signing Goga. Evans was a free agent.