PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi?

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2019, 12:47 AM
Is there really not a thread yet? Where will he go?

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2019, 12:49 AM
Woj seems to still think Clippers.

Lakers + Giants
06-20-2019, 12:49 AM
I honestly don't see how he leaves the raptors

Lakers + Giants
06-20-2019, 12:50 AM
Woj seems to still think Clippers.

Woj has also been paid off by ballmer, not even kidding either

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2019, 12:52 AM

For reals? That's pretty tight!

Lakers + Giants
06-20-2019, 12:55 AM
For reals? That's pretty tight!

Whatever gives you an advantage. I respect it

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2019, 12:58 AM

I agree that he's staying though. Kawhi to the Clipps is too sweet to happen lol.

Lakers + Giants
06-20-2019, 01:00 AM
I agree that he's staying though. Kawhi to the Clipps is too sweet to happen lol.

And I would put clippers second tbh. But I don't think it's as close as people think. I think raptors are the favorites.

But what do I know? I'm just a PSD poster, and Kawhi is unpredictable.

dhopisthename
06-20-2019, 01:34 AM
yeah I don't get how you could possibly leave now even if its just a one year deal for kahwi with a player option.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 01:38 AM

Its not that its he just really hates lebron lmfao

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 01:39 AM
i am saying lakers just for wishful thinking because i want him out of the east lol... he played 1 season in the east and killed every sixers fans dream with 1 shot.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 01:39 AM
Lakers

Legitimate
06-20-2019, 02:32 AM
why would kawhi, as dominant of a player he is, go to the lakers to play alongside lebron, if anything lebron should cmoe to canada. we all know lebrons on the decline and with the media and front office, they just going to be too much controversy and attention with Klaw playing next to lebron with lebrons stamp of approval with everything that happens in that organization.

I can picture kawhi going to the clippers to start his own legacy after he defends the championship in toronto for 1 year. i just dont see how he can leave when he raps after they just won the championship it would be kind of defeating the purpose of getting the most out of your basketball career.

On top of Kawhi goin to the clippers, I don't even think they would make the playoffs with the games he misses from load management, thats the raps pitch for him we will always win 55 plus games even without kawhi lol. we got a good medical team and kawhi is the king of the north basically, he's going to have to stay in Toronto atleast for now, i do think he'll go back to his home roots eventually but dang man can't just win a championship and bounce like that, but whatever decision he makes i will respect it because he brought us the championship!

Dade County
06-20-2019, 03:13 AM
Lakers hands down. The way that the sports media have been throwing Clippers in everyone faces & the feel good story of the Raps winning,isn't going to work on me.

Kawhi wanted to be traded to the Lakers when he wanted out of the Spurs. Popovich refused to even deal with the Lakers. Remember or if you have forgotten google search the team that the media was reporting about, in a Spurs trade.

It was always the Lakers. Popovich shipped Kawhi out of the damn country.

I believe it was always the plan for Kawhi to join the Lakers and team up with Lbj. Of course he could have changed his mind with some heavy persuasion (Raps winning it all) lol.

Dade County
06-20-2019, 03:19 AM
why would kawhi, as dominant of a player he is, go to the lakers to play alongside lebron,

That was the plan from the beginning, but Pop traded him outside of the country.

if anything lebron should cmoe to canada.

lol

I can picture kawhi going to the clippers to start his own legacy after he defends the championship in toronto for 1 year. i just dont see how he can leave when he raps after they just won the championship it would be kind of defeating the purpose of getting the most out of your basketball career.

He was traded there. It wasn't his decision to be in Toronto, why can't he decide where he wants to play without his career taking a hit?

On top of Kawhi goin to the clippers, I don't even think they would make the playoffs with the games he misses from load management, thats the raps pitch for him we will always win 55 plus games even without kawhi lol. we got a good medical team and kawhi is the king of the north basically, he's going to have to stay in Toronto atleast for now, i do think he'll go back to his home roots eventually but dang man can't just win a championship and bounce like that, but whatever decision he makes i will respect it because he brought us the championship!

Thats whats most important. Whatever he wants to do, I just hop the League isn't pressuring him to stay in Toronto.

Legitimate
06-20-2019, 03:41 AM
Raptors still got peices to aquire an elite player if kawhi doesn't resign also if he stays we can make a huge upgrade at the SG (beal mayb?) can see playoff powell or OG getting traded for an upgrade if kawhi wants us to upgrade the roster first before he re ups with the raps. lots of scenerios, masai can be pretty crafty sometimes.

Eg714
06-20-2019, 04:02 AM
Heís definitely leaving just donít know if the clippers or Lakers. If he was staying he would of just said that. Heís been quit for a reason. I think heís laker bound.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 04:11 AM
Heís definitely leaving just donít know if the clippers or Lakers. If he was staying he would of just said that. Heís been quit for a reason. I think heís laker bound.

wait.... KL quiet??????????????????????????? Shocker.

lakers squad
06-20-2019, 04:55 AM
Clippers or Lakers...he's headed to LA either way!

R. Johnson#3
06-20-2019, 05:29 AM
i am saying lakers just for wishful thinking because i want him out of the east lol... he played 1 season in the east and killed every sixers fans dream with 1 shot.

What about the dagger 3 in Embiid's face late in game 4? Or the time he crowned Embiid in both games 5 and 7?

CptObvious71
06-20-2019, 07:53 AM
Despite being a Raptor fan, I have a sinking feeling that he is LA bound. I think West and Doc will lure him to the Clippers. I hope he stays in Toronto though.

mike_noodles
06-20-2019, 07:59 AM
I don't think the Lakers have a shot at him. I'm taking the Raptors of course. And if he leaves, I hope he chooses a small market team, not likely.

R. Johnson#3
06-20-2019, 08:14 AM
Considering winning is very important to Kawhi I think heíll end up on the Knicks.

Heediot
06-20-2019, 08:34 AM
Kawhi has been tight lipped either way about staying or leaving. He just doesn't want to draw attention and be bothered from media, fans, family and friends. Dude wants to stay as low key as possible.

If he has been tight lipped to the media about his decision, I am just going to go with the circumstantial evidence and build a case that he is staying.

1. He tells nbatv, that the past season was his most fun.

2. He tells espn, that he is fond of the locker rooms, players and the relationships he has developed.

putting those two together would you leave a place where your having fun and you really like the people and environment?

3. Danny Green has a feeling Kawhi is staying after the run, I think he has the most experience around Kawhi so his opinion and instincts warrant respect.

4. His uncle was chanting 5 more years with Lowry at the parade. Uncle DEnnis is also his agent, so take that for what it's worth.

5. He registered his daughter in a school in Toronto. Just the fact that he registered her, puts Toronto high on his list at worst.

6. His ability to milk the Toronto/Canadian Market for off-court oppurtunities have exploded after the playoff run. He is a folk Hero there now, and people up north have embraced his character/style etc.

7. He is with a respect front office and capable coaching staff and they took care of him and his work load. He TRUSTS the team to take care of him. Which the main reason he wanted to leave the Spurs. Other teams can guarantee they will take care of him, but the Raps have the advantage of already proving it.

Too many positives for him to leave.

All the Clippers and Lakers have are his wanting LA last off-season and the beginning of the season. The media wants to milk free agency for hits, so they'll give the LA market hope to keep acquiring views and hits. Having Kawhi in LA can';t hurt ratings to boot for them as well.

90 percent he stays, 10 percent LA.

Heediot
06-20-2019, 09:06 AM
^^^ Raps can also give him the most money and duration.

Clippers and Lakers do have weather and proximity to family. So I can't cut them short there.

And oh yeah, the final point: Wake me up when the best player on a championship team in his prime leaves right after winning the title (in any sport).

I suspect he will just sign a 1 + 1, to see where the Raps are at and their plans after 100 plus million fall off the books next season (including him if he opts out).

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 09:46 AM
yeah I don't get how you could possibly leave now even if its just a one year deal for kahwi with a player option.

I think he does a 1+1 with Toronto but wonít be surprised if he goes ahead and gets the long term money and leaves Toronto on a high note.

THE MTL
06-20-2019, 11:03 AM
I just dont see him leaving.

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 11:09 AM
And oh yeah, the final point: Wake me up when the best player on a championship team in his prime leaves right after winning the title (in any sport).

Besides MJ?

Heediot
06-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Besides MJ?

Throw in switched allegiances. Retiring is different from moving to another team in the sport.

Max.This
06-20-2019, 12:02 PM
I feel like Toronto has done a really good job in making him feel welcomed there. I could definitely see him staying there with the 1+1 contract, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went to either LA teams

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Iíll take it as a good sign that Kawhi has registered his daughter in a Toronto school 😎

Jamiecballer
06-20-2019, 12:46 PM
I think he goes to the Clippers. There was a campaign to encourage KAWHI to stay in Toronto that had about 12k signatures and personal messages for Kawhi.... his sister followed it on Instagram all year.... and just recently unfollowed. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 12:47 PM
Iíll take it as a good sign that Kawhi has registered his daughter in a Toronto school 😎

Lol

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 12:47 PM
I think he goes to the Clippers. There was a campaign to encourage KAWHI to stay in Toronto that had about 12k signatures and personal messages for Kawhi.... his sister followed if on Instagram all year.... and just recently unfollowed. Just saying.

Heís leaving, Iím sorry.

Jamiecballer
06-20-2019, 12:49 PM
Heís leaving, Iím sorry.I think you are right. It was a hell of a season so we have that.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 12:50 PM
I think you are right. It was a hell of a season so we have that.

I loved watching you guys win and it was well deserved. Definitely something that will live on forever...

IKnowHoops
06-20-2019, 12:57 PM
Lakers hands down. The way that the sports media have been throwing Clippers in everyone faces & the feel good story of the Raps winning,isn't going to work on me.

Kawhi wanted to be traded to the Lakers when he wanted out of the Spurs. Popovich refused to even deal with the Lakers. Remember or if you have forgotten google search the team that the media was reporting about, in a Spurs trade.

It was always the Lakers. Popovich shipped Kawhi out of the damn country.

I believe it was always the plan for Kawhi to join the Lakers and team up with Lbj. Of course he could have changed his mind with some heavy persuasion (Raps winning it all) lol.

This...Lakers

WestCoastSportz
06-20-2019, 01:09 PM
The Clippers traded away Tobias Harris in a salary dump to free up as much cap space as they can in order to go after a free agent like Leonard. If the Clips offer him a max contract, it would definitely give him something to talk about. He's been linked to a Los Angeles team for a long time.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 01:22 PM
I think he goes to the Clippers. There was a campaign to encourage KAWHI to stay in Toronto that had about 12k signatures and personal messages for Kawhi.... his sister followed it on Instagram all year.... and just recently unfollowed. Just saying.

You think heís leaving because she unfollowed your campaign? Lol

Jamiecballer
06-20-2019, 01:24 PM
You think heís leaving because she unfollowed your campaign? LolCan you think of a more likely reason than her knowing her brothers mind is made up? People do things for generally logical reasons.

ohreally
06-20-2019, 01:25 PM
Well, having conquered Canada as a demigod, itís time fo4 him to move on to the Nets and bring a title to Brooklyn, New York.

Winning in Canada and winning in New York (Brooklyn). Heíd practically eclipse MJ.

Going to Lakers, he may come to be ripped like Durant has been. But I donít see him doing that. Eclipsing LeBron in LA is something he might enjoy though, so Clippers seem the likely choice.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 01:25 PM
The Clippers traded away Tobias Harris in a salary dump to free up as much cap space as they can in order to go after a free agent like Leonard. If the Clips offer him a max contract, it would definitely give him something to talk about. He's been linked to a Los Angeles team for a long time.

Umm thereís a lot of teams that can offer him a max contract. With Toronto being the one who can offer a 5th year and 3 million more per year than anyone else.

Iím not saying thatís the deciding factor but if thatís your logic then you would think Toronto would be the favourites

D-Leethal
06-20-2019, 01:31 PM
Well, having conquered Canada as a demigod, itís time fo4 him to move on to the Nets and bring a title to Brooklyn, New York.

Winning in Canada and winning in New York (Brooklyn). Heíd practically eclipse MJ.

Going to Lakers, he may come to be ripped like Durant has been. But I donít see him doing that. Eclipsing LeBron in LA is something he might enjoy though, so Clippers seem the likely choice.

The Nets might as well be in Wyoming. Nobody in New York cares about the Nets.

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 01:32 PM
You think heís leaving because she unfollowed your campaign? Lol

You think heís staying because he ďenrolledĒ his 2-3yo in school that starts at age 4, hours away from toronto in the middle of June? Lol

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Can you think of a more likely reason than her knowing her brothers mind is made up? People do things for generally logical reasons.

itís overwhelming for him and his family. They are probably tired/ annoyed with the fact that every time he farts or coughs and every word he says or doesnít say gets dissected and over analyzed.

An entire year of that will do that to you. And itís not just Toronto or Canada itís probably everywhere he goes, and on every on line platform etc etc ...

Truth is no one knows what heís gonna do bro. Could be he still hasnít made up his mind which is why heís taking several meetings with different teams. If his mind was made up I donít believe he would meet with the Nets, Knicks, etc etc but I think he will hear other teams pitches and weigh all his options before making a decision. Logic and sensibility would suggest a rational approach to the decisions and I think heís shown that heís a patient guy who will weigh his options before making a decision. Because thatís whatís in his best interest.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 01:35 PM
You think heís staying because he ďenrolledĒ his 2-3yo in school that starts at age 4, hours away from toronto in the middle of June? Lol

If that rumour is even true. Iím just having some fun just like you are bruh

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 01:36 PM
If that rumour is even true. Iím just having some fun just like you are bruh

lol fair enough, I heard/read it was Summer Camp he enrolled his toddler in...

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 01:38 PM
lol fair enough, I heard/read it was Summer Camp he enrolled his toddler in...

If even that. I donít believe **** the media says about kawhi. I donít even think heís let himself in on the secret yet. Lol

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Seriously lol they're making **** up left and right about the guy.. Did you see the picture he was in the was tagged with the enrolling rumor? homie was so mad lol

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 01:51 PM
Seriously lol they're making **** up left and right about the guy.. Did you see the picture he was in the was tagged with the enrolling rumor? homie was so mad lol

The one with his two kids, his girl, and sister ? Poor guy canít even enjoy being a tourist. He probably hopped the border and enjoyed the falls from the Buffalo side 😆

MILLERHIGHLIFE
06-20-2019, 01:56 PM
Kawhi probably stays with Raptors on a 1+1 deal to keep his options open.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 01:57 PM
Kawhi probably stays with Raptors on a 1+1 deal to keep his options open.

:hi5: Iím with this

kdspurman
06-20-2019, 01:59 PM
Can you think of a more likely reason than her knowing her brothers mind is made up? People do things for generally logical reasons.

Don't take what she does/says to determine much. She was all Kawhi isn't leaving, Go Spurs, etc.... last season. Even after the reports came out about a disconnect initially.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 02:10 PM
Don't take what she does/says to determine much. She was all Kawhi isn't leaving, Go Spurs, etc.... last season. Even after the reports came out about a disconnect initially.

Yeah I follow her to. Sheís really is just living vicariously through him and enjoying her 2 mins of fame any time she gets it. You can clearly tell sheís not a decision maker rather simply a family member he takes care of.

kdspurman
06-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Yeah I follow her to. Sheís really is just living vicariously through him and enjoying her 2 mins of fame any time she gets it. You can clearly tell sheís not a decision maker rather simply a family member he takes care of.

Yea she's in no way the decision maker, but she knows what's going on I'm sure. She knew about the stuff going on in SA and the fact that he wanted out, but she denied everything and said he wanted to be there, media was making up stuff, etc..

kdspurman
06-20-2019, 02:40 PM
Kawhi has been tight lipped either way about staying or leaving. He just doesn't want to draw attention and be bothered from media, fans, family and friends. Dude wants to stay as low key as possible.

If he has been tight lipped to the media about his decision, I am just going to go with the circumstantial evidence and build a case that he is staying.

1. He tells nbatv, that the past season was his most fun.

2. He tells espn, that he is fond of the locker rooms, players and the relationships he has developed.

putting those two together would you leave a place where your having fun and you really like the people and environment?

3. Danny Green has a feeling Kawhi is staying after the run, I think he has the most experience around Kawhi so his opinion and instincts warrant respect.

4. His uncle was chanting 5 more years with Lowry at the parade. Uncle DEnnis is also his agent, so take that for what it's worth.

5. He registered his daughter in a school in Toronto. Just the fact that he registered her, puts Toronto high on his list at worst.

6. His ability to milk the Toronto/Canadian Market for off-court oppurtunities have exploded after the playoff run. He is a folk Hero there now, and people up north have embraced his character/style etc.

7. He is with a respect front office and capable coaching staff and they took care of him and his work load. He TRUSTS the team to take care of him. Which the main reason he wanted to leave the Spurs. Other teams can guarantee they will take care of him, but the Raps have the advantage of already proving it.

Too many positives for him to leave.

All the Clippers and Lakers have are his wanting LA last off-season and the beginning of the season. The media wants to milk free agency for hits, so they'll give the LA market hope to keep acquiring views and hits. Having Kawhi in LA can';t hurt ratings to boot for them as well.

90 percent he stays, 10 percent LA.

Just a couple points here I wanted to touch on.

-Danny said he thought he was staying in SA too last season.

-Uncle Dennis is not his agent, but rather his advisor. His agent is Mitch Frankel of Impact Sports. (Impact Sports is being sued by Kawhi's previous agent btw)

The complaint sheds light on the inner workings of the company, including that Leonard's mother, Kim Robertson, and uncle, Dennis Robertson, have been on the payroll "for at least the last five years," and that payments were made to a "KL3" and "KL4" for a combined value of more than $33,000 -- all without Elfus' knowledge. Elfus represented Leonard from 2011 to 2016.

-Regarding him chanting 5 more years, he also said this after the piece came out about a rift between the 2 sides.

ďDennis called me, we had a nice chat,Ē said Jared Zwerling of Sports Illustrated on the SI Now podcast. ďActually, before he called me, Dennis had a chat with R.C. Buford, GM of the Spurs, and it was a great conversation. Overall, hereís the consensus: the story is farthest from the truth. That was a quote from Dennis. We talked about the situation. Really, thereís no issue between Kawhi and the Spurs.Ē

-#7, the Spurs tried to sit him for all of last year to give him time to heal, his camp would not let them rule him out for the year. This is the most conservative FO when it comes to handling injuries, and they were super careful when he returned those 9 games.

He may very well do a 1+1 in Toronto, and it makes sense. But just felt the need to give some examples to show that some of these examples may not be what they seem.

SfgiantsJD3
06-20-2019, 02:44 PM
Umm thereís a lot of teams that can offer him a max contract. With Toronto being the one who can offer a 5th year and 3 million more per year than anyone else.

Iím not saying thatís the deciding factor but if thatís your logic then you would think Toronto would be the favourites

I am assuming he gets paid in USD or converted to current exchange rate to CAD and that translates to about 30+% more spending power currently in CAD so the so the $220M USD is worth $290CAD so that's a LOT more spending money

Jamiecballer
06-20-2019, 03:02 PM
Yea she's in no way the decision maker, but she knows what's going on I'm sure.

exactly

Jamiecballer
06-20-2019, 03:24 PM
itís overwhelming for him and his family. They are probably tired/ annoyed with the fact that every time he farts or coughs and every word he says or doesnít say gets dissected and over analyzed.

An entire year of that will do that to you. And itís not just Toronto or Canada itís probably everywhere he goes, and on every on line platform etc etc ...

Well I am not disagreeing with what you are saying but I don't think it really applies here. Unfollowing the campaign that she was very supportive of all season doesnt change any of these things.

ohreally
06-20-2019, 03:25 PM
The Nets might as well be in Wyoming. Nobody in New York cares about the Nets.

Kawhi comes and weíll see about that.

Everybody has been talking about the Nets. Everybody knows the Knicks are a sorry sight.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 03:30 PM
Well I am not disagreeing with what you are saying but I don't think it really applies here. Unfollowing the campaign that she was very supportive of all season doesnt change any of these things.

Well heís technically a free agent now. Options are open. Following a page like that could indicate which way heís swaying toward and other fan bases/ teams are seeing that to. Remaining neutral in this time period is probably best for negotiations. Like I said before it could be anything. I wouldnít say heís gone because of it.

Latest report is the Clippers are nervous about the Knicks gunning for him which shows that everyone whoís banking on him is feeling nervous right now.. I really donít think heís made up his mind yet.

Legitimate
06-20-2019, 04:18 PM
sigh these sorry *** laker fans are back again and now they are saying kawhi is a lock to go to La! LOL. La and new york are where injury prone past their prime stars go, thats it. they don't win ****. this is the same laker fans that acted like bynum was a top 5 center of all time and he avg like 12 points a game or something he was absolutely trash all those years! and with new york they had injury prone stoudemire and a bad carmelo anthony that never made it to conference finals at least.

man same fans always act like some superstar just going to come and save the day, yet they just end up not even making the playoffs LOL

Lakers + Giants
06-20-2019, 04:35 PM
We've been here the whole time tho. LMFAO

IKnowHoops
06-20-2019, 05:38 PM
sigh these sorry *** laker fans are back again and now they are saying kawhi is a lock to go to La! LOL. La and new york are where injury prone past their prime stars go, thats it. they don't win ****. this is the same laker fans that acted like bynum was a top 5 center of all time and he avg like 12 points a game or something he was absolutely trash all those years! and with new york they had injury prone stoudemire and a bad carmelo anthony that never made it to conference finals at least.

man same fans always act like some superstar just going to come and save the day, yet they just end up not even making the playoffs LOL

I try and put myself in the players shoes.
I just see to many plusís going to the Lakers over any other team. Playing with Bron and AD means

-more rings
-more prime time gams and coverage
-the main Christmas game
-more press which equals more endorsements
-the chance to be the mvp on a team with Bron and AD
-Laker lore
-Never the pressure of carrying everything ever again
-the chance to pla with guys on your level
-other super teams will form, this keeps him winning regardless

Just makes to much sense imho

angelsfan1984
06-20-2019, 06:23 PM

What do you call Lebron and AD? Notsosuperstars?

aman_13
06-20-2019, 09:09 PM
He's ours, ya'll can't have him!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
06-20-2019, 09:45 PM
He's ours, ya'll can't have him!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/LpLzSOir4rnghN6PhI/giphy.gif

warfelg
06-21-2019, 06:21 AM
Thereís now a rumor out there that heís willing to take a meeting with the Sixers, as our draft moves were in an attempt to have the access to 2 max players.

TylerSL
06-21-2019, 08:18 AM
It's Toronto. I believe Kawhi was set on going to Los Angeles when he wanted out of San Antonio, but the Raptors are the perfect situation for him. They are a championship level team, he's the star player, he just brought the franchise their 1st NBA title, they have one of the best executives in the league in Ujiri, and they can continue winning in the future. Because of all those things mentioned, he will re sign with the Raptors this summer.

Having said that, I do believe he will eventually leave Toronto. I do not think Kawhi Leonard will play the remainder of his prime with the Raptors. He will sign a 2 year max contract, with a 3rd year option, with Toronto this summer. He will opt out of the 3rd year and become a free agent again in 2021, after his age 29 season. The 2020-21 season will be Leonard's 10th NBA season, meaning he can sign the highest max possible as soon as the summer of 2021. It's impossible to know what's going to happen two years from now so who knows where he will go then, but I don't believe Toronto will be on top of the NBA mountain. Toronto has done an amazing job with Kawhi, and I believe they have bought themselves two years.

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 08:34 AM
It's Toronto. I believe Kawhi was set on going to Los Angeles when he wanted out of San Antonio, but the Raptors are the perfect situation for him. They are a championship level team, he's the star player, he just brought the franchise their 1st NBA title, they have one of the best executives in the league in Ujiri, and they can continue winning in the future. Because of all those things mentioned, he will re sign with the Raptors this summer.

Having said that, I do believe he will eventually leave Toronto. I do not think Kawhi Leonard will play the remainder of his prime with the Raptors. He will sign a 2 year max contract, with a 3rd year option, with Toronto this summer. He will opt out of the 3rd year and become a free agent again in 2021, after his age 29 season. The 2020-21 season will be Leonard's 10th NBA season, meaning he can sign the highest max possible as soon as the summer of 2021. It's impossible to know what's going to happen two years from now so who knows where he will go then, but I don't believe Toronto will be on top of the NBA mountain. Toronto has done an amazing job with Kawhi, and I believe they have bought themselves two years.The problem here is ironic. All those things are true, but unfortunately he is so good he knows wherever he lands a championship contender can be built. If he wasnt so good, all those things that exist in Toronto's favor would no longer be true.

CptObvious71
06-21-2019, 08:38 AM
He gave up the Supermax by leaving San Antonio, but if I'm understanding things correctly he will be eligible for it again as a 10 year man in 2 years if he does a shorter deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do something short term here in Toronto. Our vets are here for another year and it let's him see how they might look with him and the young guys plus cap space after that.

warfelg
06-21-2019, 08:43 AM
He gave up the Supermax by leaving San Antonio, but if I'm understanding things correctly he will be eligible for it again as a 10 year man in 2 years if he does a shorter deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do something short term here in Toronto. Our vets are here for another year and it let's him see how they might look with him and the young guys plus cap space after that.

The risk there is with his injury history now, would a team do that for him. He'll be 30 and you are giving him likely $270mil to play to 35?

Rivera
06-21-2019, 08:46 AM
Thereís now a rumor out there that heís willing to take a meeting with the Sixers, as our draft moves were in an attempt to have the access to 2 max players.

heard that as well

man that is a dangerous game Philly is playing....unless they already know Jimmy is gone. I wonder if Tobias will wait until KL decides cause if he doesnt, theres a chance they lose out on all 3.

Philly should do its due dilligence on KL, but man, that can be dangerous, unless they already know the fate of Jimmy and Tobias

warfelg
06-21-2019, 08:52 AM
heard that as well

man that is a dangerous game Philly is playing....unless they already know Jimmy is gone. I wonder if Tobias will wait until KL decides cause if he doesnt, theres a chance they lose out on all 3.

Philly should do its due dilligence on KL, but man, that can be dangerous, unless they already know the fate of Jimmy and Tobias

Take meeting with Kawhi, get Jimmy to buy in, Kawhi agrees, Sign Kawhi, use Bird rights to resign Jimmy.

Simmons
Smith
Butler
Kawhi
Embiid.

If we do this with Harris, same order of operations, but I think we would have an extra $8-9mil to sign another player. So maybe you get JJ to buy into a paycut after 2 years of overpays, and you roll out:
Simmons
Reddick
Kawhi
Harris
Embiid
And you got Smith, Thybulle on the bench along with minimum signings.

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Heís still in Toronto and doesnít have to be ... was at Blue Jay game yesterday.

kdspurman
06-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Heís still in Toronto and doesnít have to be ... was at Blue Jay game yesterday.

Or was it an Angels game? :hide:

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 09:41 AM

oh you **** i never considered that lol

Rivera
06-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Take meeting with Kawhi, get Jimmy to buy in, Kawhi agrees, Sign Kawhi, use Bird rights to resign Jimmy.

Simmons
Smith
Butler
Kawhi
Embiid.

If we do this with Harris, same order of operations, but I think we would have an extra $8-9mil to sign another player. So maybe you get JJ to buy into a paycut after 2 years of overpays, and you roll out:
Simmons
Reddick
Kawhi
Harris
Embiid
And you got Smith, Thybulle on the bench along with minimum signings.

in theory it sounds great. That would work in 2k

BUT this aint 2K

you know how the NBA works. You know teams have already been negotiating with Jimmy and Tobias since the season was over. Hell I wouldnt be surprised it Jimmy's representation was soft negotiating late in the season with all the potential rumors we heard during the season where Jimmy might go (team with Kyrie in NYK, in Brooklyn, go to LAL).

If KL makes his decision on July 3 or July 6, not immediately on July 1 that might be too late for Philly to get Jimmy and Tobias back. Who is to say Butler or Tobias wont agree to Max deals on July 1 from other teams and will wait for the 76ers? Jimmy seems the type of guy who would feel disrespected if Philly would offer KL a max before him and spite them.

We all know Jimmy and Tobias are currently negotiating with other teams through back channels to avoid "tampering". Thats just how the real NBA works.

Thats the danger the 76ers are playing.

They must really know either one isnt coming back (maybe both), or they are just playing with fire waiting for KL to make a decision before trying to resign Jimmy and Tobias.

warfelg
06-21-2019, 09:56 AM
You say that like the Sixers arenít doing it too. Lol.

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 11:02 AM

Lol you got me... During the game they said that heís a fan of Mike Trout.

But most of us thought heíd be headed back to Cali after the parade. Surprised heís still kicking it in the city.

warfelg
06-21-2019, 11:04 AM

But most of us thought heíd be headed back to Cali after the parade. Surprised heís still kicking it in the city.

Mike trout is a philly kid. Loves the Sixers. KL loved AI. KL to Philly confirmed.

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 11:04 AM
in theory it sounds great. That would work in 2k

BUT this aint 2K

you know how the NBA works. You know teams have already been negotiating with Jimmy and Tobias since the season was over. Hell I wouldnt be surprised it Jimmy's representation was soft negotiating late in the season with all the potential rumors we heard during the season where Jimmy might go (team with Kyrie in NYK, in Brooklyn, go to LAL).

If KL makes his decision on July 3 or July 6, not immediately on July 1 that might be too late for Philly to get Jimmy and Tobias back. Who is to say Butler or Tobias wont agree to Max deals on July 1 from other teams and will wait for the 76ers? Jimmy seems the type of guy who would feel disrespected if Philly would offer KL a max before him and spite them.

We all know Jimmy and Tobias are currently negotiating with other teams through back channels to avoid "tampering". Thats just how the real NBA works.

Thats the danger the 76ers are playing.

They must really know either one isnt coming back (maybe both), or they are just playing with fire waiting for KL to make a decision before trying to resign Jimmy and Tobias.

They probably prefer Kawhi over both Butler & Harris and think if they have a shot then who cares about the latter.

Also they have other options if they strike out. Like Middleton for example. If they get desperate they can always throw a max at him.

kdspurman
06-21-2019, 11:06 AM
oh you **** i never considered that lol

:laugh2: never know

Yea I was just playing devils advocate haha. He's probably just enjoying the moment

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 11:08 AM
:laugh2: never know

Yea I was just playing devils advocate haha. He's probably just enjoying the moment

Leonard is all about enjoying moments. Lol he really is a fun guy.

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 11:10 AM
Mike trout is a philly kid. Loves the Sixers. KL loved AI. KL to Philly confirmed.

I have a better connection. Lowry is from North Philly and is very close to AI. S&T for Butler ? 😏

warfelg
06-21-2019, 11:11 AM
They probably prefer Kawhi over both Butler & Harris and think if they have a shot then who cares about the latter.

Also they have other options if they strike out. Like Middleton for example. If they get desperate they can always throw a max at him.

Also I donít think they end up in a rumor like this without knowing one is out/in or one of them expressing wanting to play with him.

kdspurman

+ Dr. Glashow

warfelg
I have a better connection. Lowry is from North Philly and is very close to AI. S&T for Butler ? [emoji57]

AI is a Sixers ambassador. [emoji13]

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Also I donít think they end up in a rumor like this without knowing one is out/in or one of them expressing wanting to play with him.

They are already out on Harris is my guess. He wasnít the piece to elevate the core there. Butler showed heís much more valuable in the playoffs imo.

warfelg
06-21-2019, 11:19 AM
They are already out on Harris is my guess. He wasnít the piece to elevate the core there. Butler showed heís much more valuable in the playoffs imo.

My feeling is the Sixers know something on one of them thatís opened them up to this. Back when KL and Butler were RFAs we were the only visit either booked before signing.

Chronz
06-21-2019, 02:00 PM

How the heck is that an advantage

Chronz
06-21-2019, 02:08 PM

Donít have the will power to destroy so let it be known. Everything you said was false

Rivera
06-21-2019, 03:24 PM
You say that like the Sixers arenít doing it too. Lol.

you say that like i havent said Philly probably knows something :rolleyes:

who wouldnt? as i stated before the 76ers must know something about Jimmy and Tobias to entertain KL. But if KL decides to wait a few days, who is to say Jimmy or Tobais dont grab a max offered before KL's deal is done?

the 76ers are playing with fire IF they wait on KL before acting on their own

which is why again i have said multiple times, the 76ers must know something if that KL rumor is true

Cal827
06-21-2019, 03:35 PM
I think Toronto on a 2+1 so he can opt out in a couple years, and then sign for his final super-duper max as a 10 yr veteran.

Regardless though, he can go wherever he wants, he brought us a title and we'll all pretty much worship him until he retires :dance:

Cal827
06-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Lakers

Wow really, I never would've guessed that was where you'd predict him to go :laugh2:

Also, sorry for pointing it out each time, I like the sig, but just him yelling/being vocal makes me laugh each time... Like I was bawling both of happiness and of laughter when he was screaming after the Philly shot haha

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Kawwwhhhiiiiiiiís on the waaaayyyyyy

@ShowtimeForum
"I will tell you this. Damon Jones is as plugged in to the biggest source in basketball as you could be. Better than Woj, better than all of them. If he says that he hears Kawhi is in play for the Lakers then there's some truth to that."

via Raja Bell on
@kanellandbell

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Wow really, I never would've guessed that was where you'd predict him to go :laugh2:

Also, sorry for pointing it out each time, I like the sig, but just him yelling/being vocal makes me laugh each time... Like I was bawling both of happiness and of laughter when he was screaming after the Philly shot haha

lol he can stay in Toronto or come to LAL... anything but the Clippers man

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2019, 05:37 PM
He's 100% staying in Toronto.

Cal827
06-21-2019, 05:52 PM

I saw that about an hour ago, and I (for a second) thought that was him resigning a contract with Toronto... :laugh: Biggest ****tease of the summer award goes to whoever posted that.

We'll see, I think it's 60-35-5 Toronto-LA-Other

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2019, 06:00 PM
I'll go 80% Toronto/ 19% LAL / 1% other

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 06:02 PM

1142144909144743938Unless hes flying his *** out of canada

Cal827
06-21-2019, 06:07 PM
Unless hes flying his *** out of canada

:laugh2:

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2019, 06:11 PM
Unless hes flying his *** out of canada

Lmao

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 07:02 PM
Very well connected radio personality apparently claims to have been told by masai and nurse hes staying

Cal827
06-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Very well connected radio personality apparently claims to have been told by masai and nurse hes staying

Please not that ****face McCown :laugh2:

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 08:07 PM
Please not that ****face McCown :laugh2:I have never once doubted the truth of whatever he said. He is as blunt and straight to the point as it gets whether the news is good or bad.

JAZZNC
06-21-2019, 08:40 PM
I think Toronto on a 2+1 so he can opt out in a couple years, and then sign for his final super-duper max as a 10 yr veteran.

Regardless though, he can go wherever he wants, he brought us a title and we'll all pretty much worship him until he retires :dance:
That's one thing I was wondering....if there would be any ill will from Toronto fans if Kawhi does leave?

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2019, 08:44 PM
That's one thing I was wondering....if there would be any ill will from Toronto fans if Kawhi does leave?

I mean there shouldn't?... there shouldn't from Lakers fans either, unless he goes to the Clippers then f that guy lol

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 08:58 PM
There might be a little at first now that every little move he makes is being reported. Part of the optimism in this market comes from the fact he hasnt rushed home, hes visiting tourist attractions, going to Jay's game, endorsing small Ontario airlines.... those same events will be dredged up by some I will bet if he leaves. like why are you doing these things and giving us false hope kind of thing. Just a suspicion

mike_noodles
06-21-2019, 09:30 PM

Maybe a little, but it won't be like McGrady, Carter or Bosh. But I think those that were Raptors fans before he was acquired understand the situation.

Edit: But he's staying so it's a moot point anyhow.

mike_noodles
06-21-2019, 09:32 PM
I have never once doubted the truth of whatever he said. He is as blunt and straight to the point as it gets whether the news is good or bad.

Yeah, I like Bob. Love him or hate him, he's what got all of the sports talk radio going in Canada.

ewing
06-21-2019, 10:08 PM
This is the worst thread on the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aman_13
06-21-2019, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I like Bob. Love him or hate him, he's what got all of the sports talk radio going in Canada.Did he say anything about why he left today? I haven't got a chance to listen to him yet.

R. Johnson#3
06-21-2019, 10:37 PM

Not from me at least. Yeah, Iíd be bummed that he decided to leave but the guy brought us a championship. You literally canít ask for anything more as a sports fan. It would be impossible for me to have any feelings of animosity towards Kawhi.

mike_noodles
06-21-2019, 11:24 PM
Did he say anything about why he left today? I haven't got a chance to listen to him yet.

He didn't. Someone said he was hanging it up, but then I read that he was "leaving Sportsnet".

https://www.sportsnet.ca/

There's a clip on the front page of his final sign off.

aman_13
06-21-2019, 11:59 PM
He didn't. Someone said he was hanging it up, but then I read that he was "leaving Sportsnet".

https://www.sportsnet.ca/

There's a clip on the front page of his final sign off.

Thanks!

Legitimate
06-22-2019, 01:18 AM
This is the worst thread on the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is trading porzingis for chump change doing for you guys, after you guys tried to rate him a top 10 player and he is always injured. then we fleeced you guys on that Bargnani trade which in essence helped us trade for the best player on that planet and we got a championship? knicks probably make the playoffs finally after another 3 years then trade away picks and rebuild again, no sweat off my back you hating on the raptors!

IKnowHoops
06-22-2019, 12:16 PM
How is trading porzingis for chump change doing for you guys, after you guys tried to rate him a top 10 player and he is always injured. then we fleeced you guys on that Bargnani trade which in essence helped us trade for the best player on that planet and we got a championship? knicks probably make the playoffs finally after another 3 years then trade away picks and rebuild again, no sweat off my back you hating on the raptors!

😂

Max.This
06-22-2019, 02:47 PM

Porzingis hasn't even sniffed the hardwood yet in a mavs uniform. He has top 10 talent, but what good is talent if you won't be able to play anymore. We got an unprotected 1st round draft pick in 2021 and top 10 protected in 2023. With the revamped lottery system the mavs dont even have to be the worst team for us to land in the top 5 of 2021. We win that trade hands down. His injury history/play style is relative to why teams are afraid to take bol bol