View Full Version : Conley traded to the Jazz

LaVar Ball
06-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
2m2 minutes ago
More Shams Charania Retweeted Shams Charania
Utah sending a package of players including forwards Jae Crowder and Kyle Korver, along with draft picks, to Memphis, league sources said.Shams Charania added,
Shams Charania
Verified account

@ShamsCharania
Memphis is trading franchise star Mike Conley Jr. to Utah, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
77 replies 375 retweets 539 likes
Reply 77 Retweet 375 Like 539 Direct message

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
3m3 minutes ago
More
Memphis is trading franchise star Mike Conley Jr. to Utah, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 11:52 AM

LaVar Ball
06-19-2019, 11:57 AM
This should put the Jazz as a top 4 team in the West imo.

Rivera
06-19-2019, 12:13 PM
Perfect fit

Oakmont_4
06-19-2019, 12:16 PM
I like the move for both teams

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Korver and/or crowder bought out to join a contender?

smith&wesson
06-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Great trade. Theyíll miss crowder a bit but thy should be able to replace him.

Conley, Mitchell, Gobert is a nice little core. They should be bringing Favours back also. If they get a quality 3&D guy to replace crowder theyíll be solid.

LaVar Ball
06-19-2019, 12:22 PM
I like the move for both teams

The Grizz are getting cap relief and picks. But that organization and ownership hasnít shown to be the best drafters (Morant just fell in their lap) and how they gonna dish out that money (bad money to Parsons). That organization has a long ways to go.

Ashton Kutccher prolly gonna retire and Crowder has become a bonafide journey man, already traded 4x Times in his career:

1. DAL to BOS in the Rondo trade
2. BOS to CLE in the Kyrie-IT trade
3. CLE to UTA in the George Hill trade
4. UTA to MEM in the Conley trade

mightybosstone
06-19-2019, 12:24 PM
Great trade for Utah. Conley is definitely an upgrade from Rubio. The question is going to be "How much of an upgrade?" I'm not sure if this makes them contenders in the West just yet, but if they make a few more moves to build around that core of Conley, Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles, I think they definitely have a chance to be. I'd put them ahead of OKC and Portland for sure, but I would have done that already without this trade.

smith&wesson
06-19-2019, 12:26 PM
The Grizz are getting cap relief and picks. But that organization and ownership hasnít shown to be the best drafters (Morant just fell in their lap) and how they gonna dish out that money (bad money to Parsons). That organization has a long ways to go.

Ashton Kutccher prolly gonna retire and Crowder has become a bonafide journey man, already traded 4x Times in his career:

Agree with the way that team has been ran.. terrible.

But JA Morant & Jaren Jackson Jr is a good place to start your rebuild. I also think Jonas & Delon were a good get in the Gasol trade. Although I donít know if Jonas is opting out and becoming a free agent, but they should try to keep him.

Young$avage
06-19-2019, 12:30 PM
Great trade for both teams. The new front office in Memphis is making the right moves.

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Great trade for Utah. Conley is definitely an upgrade from Rubio. The question is going to be "How much of an upgrade?" I'm not sure if this makes them contenders in the West just yet, but if they make a few more moves to build around that core of Conley, Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles, I think they definitely have a chance to be. I'd put them ahead of OKC and Portland for sure, but I would have done that already without this trade.

Definitely not Portland. They just went to the WCF without their 3rd best player.

smith&wesson
06-19-2019, 12:33 PM
Those picks better be multiple unprotected first rounders other wise Memphis got fleeced

Young$avage
06-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Those picks better be multiple unprotected first rounders other wise Memphis got fleeced

Hard to say Memphis got fleeced in my opinion. They're getting some nice pieces to put around Ja and JJJ as well as first round picks. They've actually drafted pretty well in terms of Jaren and Dillon Brooks (and tomorrow with Ja). I think this is a fair deal for both sides.

smith&wesson
06-19-2019, 12:45 PM
Hard to say Memphis got fleeced in my opinion. They're getting some nice pieces to put around Ja and JJJ as well as first round picks. They've actually drafted pretty well in terms of Jaren and Dillon Brooks (and tomorrow with Ja). I think this is a fair deal for both sides.

I donít like korvers age, and crowder isnít enough. What Iím curious about is how many first rounders did they get? Are they protected? Thatís whatíll tell us if itís a fair trade because the players Memphis is getting back simply canít be the Center piece of the trade.

warfelg
06-19-2019, 12:46 PM
Perfect mentor for DMitch too. One of the most efficient guys with one of the least.

mightybosstone
06-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Definitely not Portland. They just went to the WCF without their 3rd best player.

And did so by beating an OKC team with major fundamental flaws and an extremely young Denver team that's probably a year or two ahead of where they probably ought to be. I don't think anyone gave Portland a legitimate chance to come out of the West. And if Utah and Portland had played each other head to head, I think that would have been a hell of a series.

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2019, 12:50 PM

I think they're easily better than Portland

tredigs
06-19-2019, 12:51 PM

Pretty short-sighted reasoning. Had Portland played Houston in the first round (with or without Jurkic) they would have been out then too.

Conley is a VERY good player who is still in his prime and will fit that cast perfectly. Rubio's one of the best playmakers in the game, but having a cerebral/unselfish point guard who can help space the floor for Mitchell is going to be huge for them. They'll probably be a top 3 seed if they stay healthy.

Smart trade for both teams.

Young$avage
06-19-2019, 12:52 PM
I donít like korvers age, and crowder isnít enough. What Iím curious about is how many first rounders did they get? Are they protected? Thatís whatíll tell us if itís a fair trade because the players Memphis is getting back simply canít be the Center piece of the trade.

I saw the details somewhere but can't find them. The other first rounder is conveyed as a late lottery pick (I believe I saw somewhere 8-14). So, top 7-ish protected in 2020 or 2021. And if it's not conveyed by 2021, then it's a "light-protected pick" in either 22, 23, or 24.

Young$avage
06-19-2019, 12:53 PM
And, yes, I think this trade boosts Utah right into the Top 4 at minimum. They will give teams absolute hell on defense.

aman_13
06-19-2019, 12:54 PM
I really like this trade for the Jazz. They should be a serious threat next year.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Oakmont_4
06-19-2019, 01:06 PM

Oh I donít disagree that the organization is a mess. Although Jackson seems to have been a good pick. JA falls into their lap. I like Grayson as an off the bench guy. Long way to go but getting something for Conley who was wasted there and not taking back a bad contract is a win.

Basically if you need a PG trade Crowder. Haha

Oakmont_4
06-19-2019, 01:09 PM

Crowder and Korver arenít the centerpieces. Theyíre contract fillers to make the money work. Both contracts arenít bad and long term it has no impact. The centerpieces were the 2 picks and Allen. Canít expect much more for Conley whoís good but overpaid and leaving soon anyways. With JA coming in they needed to clear Conley out of the way

ewing
06-19-2019, 01:14 PM
Great fit and I already love watching the Jazz. I'm disappointed the Jazz gave up Grayson. I think he is going to be a good player, fits in Utah, and I like watching him play. Conley is another guy I like watching so the Jazz are even more fun to watch overall.

SiteWolf
06-19-2019, 01:15 PM
by his tweet, Conley apparently thinks Utah is a city

I just laugh at those thinking this trade leapfrogs Utah over Portland, however...but then we'll never know because the pieces are still changing.

aman_13
06-19-2019, 01:24 PM
The west should be interesting next season. I think like LeBron leaving the east, there are a lot of teams in the west that feel they have a chance since the Warriors will be without KD and Klay.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

TheDish87
06-19-2019, 01:31 PM
very solid trade for both side. Im not sure what the Jazz cap looks like but they should be all over Tobias Harris next ti fill out that starting unit.

Dade County
06-19-2019, 01:32 PM

I don't see Portland getting back to the WCF unless they upgrade their starting unit.

JAZZNC
06-19-2019, 01:43 PM
very solid trade for both side. Im not sure what the Jazz cap looks like but they should be all over Tobias Harris next ti fill out that starting unit.

That would be awesome! Doubt it will happen but man that would be a stout starting lineup of Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Harris/Gobert.

Young$avage
06-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Oh I donít disagree that the organization is a mess. Although Jackson seems to have been a good pick. JA falls into their lap. I like Grayson as an off the bench guy. Long way to go but getting something for Conley who was wasted there and not taking back a bad contract is a win.

Basically if you need a PG trade Crowder. Haha

Conley wasn't wasted in Memphis. They had WCF appearance.

TO Rapz
06-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Utah > Portland. Portland really doesn't have much outside that backcourt.

angelsfan1984
06-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Let me get this straight...they gave up 1 less first round pick than the Lakers did for AD but this was a good trade and the Lakers trade was bad? Last time I checked a top 5 player is better than a top 25/30?

TheDish87
06-19-2019, 02:22 PM
Let me get this straight...they gave up 1 less first round pick than the Lakers did for AD but this was a good trade and the Lakers trade was bad? Last time I checked a top 5 player is better than a top 25/30?

no one called the lakers trade bad. no one cares about the lakers trade, this thread isnt about that trade.

mngopher35
06-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Really nice move for Utah and I kinda get selling off if you are the Grizzlies, gotta land in the top 6 and keep that pick next year.

Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Gobert is very nice and fits well

Oakmont_4
06-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Conley wasn't wasted in Memphis. They had WCF appearance.

Iím talking about right now, not the past

Oakmont_4
06-19-2019, 02:41 PM

Dude itís not even close. Only 1 more pick? What?

Ball is better than any player MEM got
Ingram is better than any player MEM got
#4 is vastly better than any pick MEM got
Both LAL picks are unprotected and better than the protected picks MEM got.

Young$avage
06-19-2019, 02:42 PM
Iím talking about right now, not the past

Gotcha, was confused lol.

Ahriman
06-19-2019, 02:53 PM
Great get for Utah.
Conley gives them another scoring threat where Rubio wasn't. Efficient playmaker too with a great Ast/TO ratio
Great guy too who'll be a mentor to Mitchell
Curious to see where they can get next year, they were unlucky to get HOU in the 1st round

dhopisthename
06-19-2019, 04:46 PM
its interesting that the Jazz are still prioritizing keeping favors. I wonder if they now can use him as a trade piece or still want to keep him. with losing crowder they lost their late game 4.

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 04:48 PM
its interesting that the Jazz are still prioritizing keeping favors. I wonder if they now can use him as a trade piece or still want to keep him. with losing crowder they lost their late game 4.

He should be a pretty valuable trade piece with that non guaranteed contract.

angelsfan1984
06-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Dude itís not even close. Only 1 more pick? What?

Ball is better than any player MEM got
Ingram is better than any player MEM got
#4 is vastly better than any pick MEM got
Both LAL picks are unprotected and better than the protected picks MEM got.

I thought Ball was overrated?
I thought Ingram was uncertain because of his injury
AD>>>>>>>Conley

Keep drinking the ESPN kool-aid

Oakmont_4
06-19-2019, 05:15 PM
I thought Ball was overrated?
I thought Ingram was uncertain because of his injury
AD>>>>>>>Conley

Keep drinking the ESPN kool-aid

I think all of which are true. But those statements being true doesnít make mine any less true. AD is a better player and fetched a greater return. You tried spinning it like they got the same or near the same return. Which is patently false. The draft picks are vastly better. And the players, despite their concerns around them, are also better players.

LeonFSU
06-19-2019, 05:20 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Memphis does with a $25 million trade exception if they do indeed acquire one as has been reported. I would think Miami would like to send Whiteside there or anywhere.

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 05:23 PM

dhopisthename
06-19-2019, 06:45 PM
He should be a pretty valuable trade piece with that non guaranteed contract.

yeah the jazz can also cut him and get nearly his whole contract for a free agent

beasted86
06-19-2019, 06:54 PM
Decent trade. He's going to be 32 when the season starts. He was healthy last season, but he's injury prone.

For a team like the Jazz who are desperate and can't attract free agents I guess it's ok.

JAZZNC
06-19-2019, 07:22 PM
Decent trade. He's going to be 32 when the season starts. He was healthy last season, but he's injury prone.

For a team like the Jazz who are desperate and can't attract free agents I guess it's ok.

If he's healthy for both years it's a huge win for the Jazz. I doubt you watched much Jazz basketball but Conley is going to be a HUGE upgrade over Rubio. Having an extra player who can get their own shot is going to be a big time difference maker for us. Still gotta fill the rest of the roster out but this is a great move. I hate we lost Crowder though.

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 08:16 PM
yeah the jazz can also cut him and get nearly his whole contract for a free agent

If the Heat had a commitment from someone like Jimmy I wanted them to do Dragic and 13 for Favors and 23, I think thatís where yalls pick is, to shed room

beasted86
06-19-2019, 09:47 PM
If the Heat had a commitment from someone like Jimmy I wanted them to do Dragic and 13 for Favors and 23, I think thatís where yalls pick is, to shed room

Jazz just traded that 23rd pick. They also need a wing more than a PG.

I forsee Favors for Bazemore, or some other 1 yr rental stop gap SF.

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2019, 01:00 AM
Detroit needed Conley. It would be pretty awesome if Detroit went for CP3!

dhopisthename
06-20-2019, 01:02 AM

we don't need a wing at all. we need a PF and we really need a PF if we trade favors.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 02:04 AM
Not a conley fan but this is a pretty sick addition.... They will run a pretty smart offense and if Dmitch takes that next step they could be really dangerous out west.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 02:04 AM

it wouldnt.... nobody should... that contract is way to awful for anyone to take. They would legit be better off trading for a Dragic and I am not even sure what his contract is like but it cant be cp3 bad

Heediot
06-20-2019, 08:52 AM
Horford is a good fit if they can acquire him.

Heediot
06-20-2019, 08:53 AM

Yeah I think him and Blake can carry detroit to a 6th seed. Still better vs. now.

Lil Rhody
06-20-2019, 09:07 AM
That pick looking better

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 09:48 AM

Yea I meant before the Conley trade went down. Shouldíve put that in there. They donít need a PG at all now and donít have the pick.