PDA

View Full Version : The Ball family

More-Than-Most
06-18-2019, 03:08 AM
how badly does this trade hurt them? I feel like it kills them and any chance lamelo had of being drafted in the first round

nastynice
06-18-2019, 03:18 AM
This should be good for lonzos career

SenileStern
06-18-2019, 11:25 AM
LaMelo to play in Wollongong next season, should begin in October.

Doesn't everyone have him in the first round right now? Nbadraft.net has him #3, nbadraftroom at #15 (a taller white chocolate).

smith&wesson
06-18-2019, 11:29 AM
Lonzo and Zion seem like a good fit. Iím actually excited to see the pelicans play next season

crewfan13
06-18-2019, 11:37 AM
LaMelo to play in Wollongong next season, should begin in October.

Doesn't everyone have him in the first round right now? Nbadraft.net has him #3, nbadraftroom at #15 (a taller white chocolate).

Espn's guys giovany and schmitz have him at 33. He really hasn't played a ton of legit basketball lately. It will be very interesting to see where he stock falls on this team. He's basically played joke basketball for a couple years with him leaking out and trying to put up ridiculous numbers. If he continues to play that way and doesn't show any real traits, like defending and playing within an offense, I could see his stock collapsing. If he buckles down and actually plays basketball, he could stay up in the lotto.

He has traits, but if he's completely a developmental project without any desire to play defense, he'll fall, especially with all the sideshow baggage his dad brings.

KG2TB
06-18-2019, 05:12 PM
Lonzo and Zion seem like a good fit. Iím actually excited to see the pelicans play next season

Zion should get a lot of easy looks and Lonzo a lot of easy assists. But the spacing is concerning. Both guys need to really improve their shot.

goingfor28
06-18-2019, 06:03 PM
This should be good for lonzos career100% agree

Cracka2HI!
06-19-2019, 01:12 AM
If LaMelo is really 6'8'' he'll be a first rounder unless he completely busts in Australia. I used to a be a LaVar Ball supporter. That's not looking like a good bet right now but he still has Melo lol.

More-Than-Most
06-19-2019, 02:50 AM
If LaMelo is really 6'8'' he'll be a first rounder unless he completely busts in Australia. I used to a be a LaVar Ball supporter. That's not looking like a good bet right now but he still has Melo lol.

after seeing the **** he caused with lonzo unless lemelo is a god nobody is taking him with his annoying father

rc33
06-19-2019, 05:34 PM
I've never even seen the kid play, aside from the hostage video-quality highlights from Lithuania.
He led the NCAA in off-court steals last year. So there's that...
Didn't know he was 6'8". If he kills it (without shooting every time down the court) in Australia and has a good combine, who knows? We'll see how psycho his old man behaves with Lonzo in N.O. this year.

SfgiantsJD3
06-19-2019, 05:58 PM
LaVar banned from ESPN going forward
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/lavar-ball-banned-from-all-espn-platforms-going-forward-573991.html
Nice take at SI
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/19/lavar-ball-wont-appear-espn-molly-qerim-comments

USMCLaker
06-20-2019, 08:06 AM
LaVar banned from ESPN going forward
https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/lavar-ball-banned-from-all-espn-platforms-going-forward-573991.html
Nice take at SI
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/19/lavar-ball-wont-appear-espn-molly-qerim-comments

I saw that live and thought that he didn't do anything wrong. He just answered her dumb question.

Molly: "Lavar, can I switch gears with you?"
Lavar: "You can switch gears with me anytime."

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 02:27 PM
I saw that live and thought that he didn't do anything wrong. He just answered her dumb question.

Molly: "Lavar, can I switch gears with you?"
Lavar: "You can switch gears with me anytime."

It was inappropriate. Especially after the whole Kristine Leahy incident. You canít speak to woman in the work place that way. Not any more.

SfgiantsJD3
06-20-2019, 02:46 PM
It was inappropriate. Especially after the whole Kristine Leahy incident. You canít speak to woman in the work place that way. Not any more.

Why didn't she say can we change the subject?

smith&wesson
06-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Why didn't she say can we change the subject?

Whatís wrong with saying letís switch gears ? Putting it on her is a cop out.

I donít think what he said was that bad. But in the corporate world if you donít think itís an HR issue to speak to women that way in 2019 then you better think twice.

My best friend worked for AAA for over 10 years and was fired for simply asking a co worker ďif she was seeing someoneĒ no warnings, no nothing. Straight termination.

THE MTL
06-21-2019, 02:15 PM
I personally believe his father is actually more of a positive than a negative. He hyped up Lonzo all the way up to #2 overall. And he will hype up LaMelo in the same way.

Think about it, we wouldnt even be talking about Lonzo Ball right now if it wasnt for Lavar Ball. The man is annoying but his manipulation of the media is genius.

I bet 1000s of people looked up on an update on LaMelo just because his father said he'll be #1.

SfgiantsJD3
06-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Whatís wrong with saying letís switch gears ? Putting it on her is a cop out.

I donít think what he said was that bad. But in the corporate world if you donít think itís an HR issue to speak to women that way in 2019 then you better think twice.

My best friend worked for AAA for over 10 years and was fired for simply asking a co worker ďif she was seeing someoneĒ no warnings, no nothing. Straight termination.

I would agree with you except they (her producers) knew he was a buffoon and had done inappropriate innuendo with women reporters before so she served him a softball and he couldn't resist.
I think the shock on her part is either disingenuous or her producers set her up.
I won't miss the guy at all.

SiteWolf
06-21-2019, 06:09 PM

Of all the work places that shouldn't talk about how to speak to women, it's ESPN

And how is switching gears automatically sexual?

OMFG I just defended LaVar Ball.....lightning's going to strike me dead!

ldawg
06-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Its not what he said it how he said it. The world is strange however. From the moment your born and everything on tv is sexist and sexual why do one expect us to act different? That was a normal reaction from the common man base on society that try to pretend its not.

USMCLaker
06-22-2019, 05:51 AM
I agree with the Lavar Ball defenders, it being an innuendo is iffy to me, First Take is about fun and big personalitoes, and if you ask Lavar Ball on that show can I change gears with YOU, don't expect a simple yes from him. There is a reason he's on the show. Also, why is it assumed that his comment was sexual in nature, I took as an attempt at humor.

Dade County
06-23-2019, 08:36 PM
Ball & Zion vid... https://youtu.be/Z9RMA1YJvi8

smith&wesson
06-24-2019, 10:53 AM
Of all the work places that shouldn't talk about how to speak to women, it's ESPN

And how is switching gears automatically sexual?

OMFG I just defended LaVar Ball.....lightning's going to strike me dead!

No you were right thereís nothing sexual about it until Lavar made it sexual. The reporter said ďok letís switch gearsĒ and Lavar responded ďyou can switch gears with me anytime MollyĒ

I personally donít care, I just think heís a self serving douche who did his son no favours entering the league. I actually feel for Lonzo because he seems like such a good kid. His father is just emberassing and classless

aussie
06-26-2019, 04:19 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1018772824812055/

LaMelo's team forum

USMCLaker
07-08-2019, 12:51 AM
I personally believe his father is actually more of a positive than a negative. He hyped up Lonzo all the way up to #2 overall. And he will hype up LaMelo in the same way.

Think about it, we wouldnt even be talking about Lonzo Ball right now if it wasnt for Lavar Ball. The man is annoying but his manipulation of the media is genius.

I bet 1000s of people looked up on an update on LaMelo just because his father said he'll be #1.

I agree with you that he is more of a positive than a negative.

Quinnsanity
07-08-2019, 01:05 AM
how badly does this trade hurt them? I feel like it kills them and any chance lamelo had of being drafted in the first round

First of all, it's the opposite. With fewer distractions now, LaMelo has a far better chance of being drafted highly.

Second of all, LaMelo is like a top 10-15 prospect with no medical concerns. He is going to be a first-round pick barring disaster in Australia. Nothing LaVar or Lonzo could've done would've changed that.

Scoots
07-08-2019, 01:53 PM
LaVar is an *** and he's going to turn some people off. He's a promoter, but over time his act grows tired. I'd say his effect is probably a net positive on his sons careers.

Romeo Naes
07-08-2019, 11:25 PM
This should be good for lonzos career

I believe so to... If he is going to truly amount to anything, he will needs some serious pt to see if he can unlock his potential. Or is there is truly potential there to be tapped into to begin with. Depending on how you look @ it of course.

Tg11
07-09-2019, 07:07 PM
If Lamelo...Melo comes out for next year's draft...teams that I feel Melo could fit in on: Timberwolves, Mavericks, Pistons, Suns, Magic, Wizards or Cavaliers or Thunder if they trade Westbrook and rebuild