PDA

View Full Version : Is Steph Curry one of the most overrated players ever?

Pages : [1] 2

WaDe03
06-15-2019, 03:54 PM
Will post more when I get the chance but tre wanted the thread made so here it is. He has 3 rings, 2 don’t really even count because it was the most stacked team ever by a wide margin with KD leading the way. The first came thanks to Love and Kyrie injuries. Always underperforms but he’ll have a game or 2 every year in the finals that inflate the **** out of his underperforming numbers. He was facing elimination in his last ever game at oracle and was outplayed/outscored by FVV and was shaking in his boots defensively asking for Livingston to switch on FVV.

Just absolutely blasphemous and embarrassing. Ive seen people list him top 15 or even higher, it’s just not close to the truth. He’s the best shooter ever, great playmaker and balhandler but not special anywhere else and his defense is terrible.

I think Iverson is most overrated probably but it’s definitely up for debate now. Iverson wouldn’t run from FVV. As Lillard said to Westbrook in their series when Westbrook wouldn’t guard Lillard....”why the **** you running from this *** whoopin?”

aman_13
06-15-2019, 04:30 PM
The calm before the storm....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Chronz
06-15-2019, 04:43 PM
So ur saying hes 18th best instead of 14th?

goingfor28
06-15-2019, 04:54 PM
Completely agree with OP

KG2TB
06-15-2019, 05:00 PM
So he’s a top all time player but just not top 10 good? Sucks for him.

cmellofan15
06-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Scottie's rings still count. I think he's definitely topped Scottie as the best beta ever

effen5
06-15-2019, 06:51 PM
So how is he overrated?

Allphakenny1
06-15-2019, 07:10 PM
Will post more when I get the chance but tre wanted the thread made so here it is. He has 3 rings, 2 don’t really even count because it was the most stacked team ever by a wide margin with KD leading the way. The first came thanks to Love and Kyrie injuries. Always underperforms but he’ll have a game or 2 every year in the finals that inflate the **** out of his underperforming numbers. He was facing elimination in his last ever game at oracle and was outplayed/outscored by FVV and was shaking in his boots defensively asking for Livingston to switch on FVV.

Just absolutely blasphemous and embarrassing. Ive seen people list him top 15 or even higher, it’s just not close to the truth. He’s the best shooter ever, great playmaker and balhandler but not special anywhere else and his defense is terrible.

I think Iverson is most overrated probably but it’s definitely up for debate now. Iverson wouldn’t run from FVV. As Lillard said to Westbrook in their series when Westbrook wouldn’t guard Lillard....”why the **** you running from this *** whoopin?”

So I pretty much disagree with everything you just posted, but I will focus on only one part that literally the opposite of what you said is true. Curry does not have one great game to inflate his numbers, he has one bad/terrible game that make his overall numbers look much worse than his overall series impact.

In the 2017 finals Curry averaged 26.8 points, 8 rebounds, 9.4 assists. In game 4 he had 14 points, 5rebounds, 10 assists. Those 14 points brought his points totals down a bit and before that game he was flirting with averaging a triple double in the finals. That was a great finals for Curry, but game 4 hurt his overall numbers.

In the 2018 finals Curry averaged 27.5 points, 6 rebounds, 6.8 assists. We all remember game 3 where he had 11 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists. This game dropped his point total immensely as it was only a 4 game series. Without this game Curry averages in the 30s somewhere and is easily FMVP.

Cal827
06-15-2019, 07:26 PM
I'm with Aman.... I'm just waiting for Tre to come back here :laugh2:

aman_13
06-15-2019, 07:32 PM
I'm with Aman.... I'm just waiting for Tre to come back here :laugh2::nod:

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
06-15-2019, 07:38 PM
I don't think he's overrated.

I do think some people get so caught up slobbering all over his golden knob that they don't acknowledge his flaws.

He can be criticized and SHOULD be since we do it to every other player.

Jamiecballer
06-15-2019, 09:42 PM
I say yes also. The top guys shouldnt be so frequently picked on defensively. There is no level of offensive ability imo that makes up that difference.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-15-2019, 09:43 PM
:laugh:

this is going to be fantastic.

valade16
06-15-2019, 09:55 PM
I say yes also. The top guys shouldnt be so frequently picked on defensively. There is no level of offensive ability imo that makes up that difference.

I'm curious where you rank Magic and Bird.

aman_13
06-15-2019, 10:42 PM
My answer is no btw but i'll chime in later if i feel the need to. :)

More-Than-Most
06-16-2019, 01:40 AM
he isnt overrated if you think he is a top 7 player in the NBA..... if you think he is top 20 all time already then Yea i feel like he is overrated..... If you think he is better than lebron/durant/Embiid/Giannis/KL then yes i feel like he is overrated because all of those guys can be unstoppable offensive machines while destroying teams on defense... curry is incredible but he was never on the level of durant/lebron which i stated for years... he was in a perfect situation with insane depth and great players around him that limited his defensive weaknesses... When I look at who is better if guys are close i use logic and wonder how said guys would do if both guys were forced to play on the worst team in basketball and if any of those guys were put on the bullls this year i feel like they would take the bulls further then curry would because he is far easier to stop if weapons arent around him

Amazing talent/Maybe the most unstoppable offensive force ever but defense matters and the help he has had and how he has gotten exposed in the playoffs is concerning.

tredigs
06-16-2019, 02:02 AM
I'll help you fellas out and post a video from this week on this topic from a person who makes you look like the ant you are Wade03. I will let you know that everybody who bets and understands this game at the highest levels understands that Curry is the most dangerous player in the league, period.

I was going to go in on you and make a detailed post highlighting these playoff, but honestly you do not deserve that energy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=93zief7g2Jk

^Educate yourself.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2019, 02:38 AM
I'll help you fellas out and post a video from this week on this topic from a person who makes you look like the ant you are Wade03. I will let you know that everybody who bets and understands this game at the highest levels understands that Curry is the most dangerous player in the league, period.

I was going to go in on you and make a detailed post highlighting these playoff, but honestly you do not deserve my energy.

^Educate yourself.

i missed you so much lol

nastynice
06-16-2019, 03:25 AM
he isnt overrated if you think he is a top 7 player in the NBA..... if you think he is top 20 all time already then Yea i feel like he is overrated..... .

He always gonna be high all time cuz he always gonna be the one who's face associated with changing the game

Chronz
06-16-2019, 03:49 AM

is this a new age thing or do you feel this way historically?

More-Than-Most
06-16-2019, 04:06 AM
is this a new age thing or do you feel this way historically?

Well seeing as how Ive never seen Jordan/lebron/Kobe etc run from a guy in the nuts of a situation like curry did with the GOAT VV i doubt it matters LOLOLOL

Not even joking or trolling either... He legit was scared to guard wait for it... Vanvleet lol... come on bruh.

let me know when you have ever seen an arguable top 5 player run from a dude who isnt top 50

https://twitter.com/b_heintzz/status/1139713506939269121?s=19

He wanted no part of that incred drive ability from vanvleet lmfao

Jamiecballer
06-16-2019, 07:20 AM
I'm curious where you rank Magic and Bird.That's a great question and while I dont have a hard list it would definitely be lower than most. That may or may not be fair because adult me did not exist when they played to see how justified their reputations were on that end.

Jamiecballer
06-16-2019, 07:25 AM
is this a new age thing or do you feel this way historically?That's a tough question for me to comprehend. Have I always felt guys who were top notch on both ends were contributing more value than the guys who excelled on one? Is that the question?

ewing
06-16-2019, 08:49 AM
Yes. He's not much D and he still isn't great creating for himself though he improved. his ability to create for others is also over stated here. He is a great player no doubt but when the best teams play each other in a series the game slows, the defenses zero in, and you wind up in closely contested games where guys have to be able to beat a set defense. Curry is better at this now then he was 5 years ago but he has never been great at it. Maybe when we start calling fouls for looking at a jump shooter he will be top 15 all time but I don't think he gets there otherwise. He is the defiantly top 15 regular season against bad teams.

ewing
06-16-2019, 08:51 AM

Top 10 easy. Those two are second shelve with the other 8 or so guys a shelf below Micheal

ewing
06-16-2019, 09:43 AM
So ur saying hes 18th best instead of 14th?

Timely hooping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakmont_4
06-16-2019, 11:10 AM

I was going to go in on you and make a detailed post highlighting these playoff, but honestly you do not deserve that energy.

^Educate yourself.

Most dangerous offensive player in the league. I don’t think any disagree. But you and this ignores his MAJOR flaws on defense. Basketball is a 2 way game.

#educateyourself

Chronz
06-16-2019, 11:58 AM
Well seeing as how Ive never seen Jordan/lebron/Kobe etc run from a guy in the nuts of a situation like curry did with the GOAT VV i doubt it matters LOLOLOL

Not even joking or trolling either... He legit was scared to guard wait for it... Vanvleet lol... come on bruh.

let me know when you have ever seen an arguable top 5 player run from a dude who isnt top 50

What if we go beyond your limited trinity?

Check out Currys SERIES LONG stats when he was defending Harden last year, sorry if I prefer that sample.

Chronz
06-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Most dangerous offensive player in the league. I don’t think any disagree. But you and this ignores his MAJOR flaws on defense. Basketball is a 2 way game.

#educateyourself

True, Bruce Bowen being the best perimeter defender in the league and a good floor spacer definitely makes him as good as 1-way Curry.

Chronz
06-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Top 10 easy. Those two are second shelve with the other 8 or so guys a shelf below Micheal

Van Vleet would have undressed Magic. remember what sleepy floyd did to him?

Chronz
06-16-2019, 12:04 PM

thats what i was thinking here too. especially towards the end of their careers.

Chronz
06-16-2019, 12:07 PM
That's a tough question for me to comprehend. Have I always felt guys who were top notch on both ends were contributing more value than the guys who excelled on one? Is that the question?

yes, particularly when they excel to such a large degree offensively. i would like to see ur list of the elite guys historically

smith&wesson
06-16-2019, 12:28 PM
He’s earned his credentials how can he be over rated ?? Would the warriors dynasty even exist with out him?

Greatest shooter of all time
Head of a dynasty
2x MVP
3x champion

The results are that he’s won. He's also changed the entire game while he was at it. That’s impact. The only other player that changed the game to that degree was Jordan imo.

goingfor28
06-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Head of a dynasty. Lol KD says hi.

smith&wesson
06-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Head of a dynasty. Lol KD says hi.

KD joined them. Who started it ?

goingfor28
06-16-2019, 12:50 PM
KD joined them. Who started it ?KD
Or maybe LeBron and Kyrie.

smith&wesson
06-16-2019, 01:02 PM
KD
Or maybe LeBron and Kyrie.

Lebron and Kyrie started the Warriors dynasty ?

Jamiecballer
06-16-2019, 01:08 PM
True, Bruce Bowen being the best perimeter defender in the league and a good floor spacer definitely makes him as good as 1-way Curry.But was he capable of defending anyone on the perimeter, guards, bigs... did he disrupt and force turnovers like Kawhi... is he just as good defending guys of any size in the post...

You guys always fall back on that kind of comment as though that encompasses the entirety of defense. It would be like me suggesting Curry is the best offensive player based purely on shooting.

Oh wait, that is basically what you guys are doing

ewing
06-16-2019, 01:45 PM
Van Vleet would have undressed Magic. remember what sleepy floyd did to him?

Lose to the eventual champ

ewing
06-16-2019, 01:46 PM
True, Bruce Bowen being the best perimeter defender in the league and a good floor spacer definitely makes him as good as 1-way Curry.

Depends on the supporting cast

Chronz
06-16-2019, 02:11 PM
But was he capable of defending anyone on the perimeter, guards, bigs... did he disrupt and force turnovers like Kawhi... s he just as good defending guys of any size in the post...

You guys always fall back on that kind of comment as though that encompasses the entirety of defense. It would be like me suggesting Curry is the best offensive player based purely on shooting.

Oh wait, that is basically what you guys are doing

Meh, Bowen and Kawhi are much closer defensively, especially current Kawhi who has lost some on that end. Bowen disrupted teams offenses in different ways, plenty got more steals but none stayed connected like him. Any size in the post? LOL, dude harassed Dirk if thats good enough for todays standards.

I can use plenty of other examples so dont pigeonhole my argument. Here, take a gander at Michael Cooper, totally Curry level impact with his DPOY caliber defense and decent offense.

Curry just has shooting? Is that what Im reading right now?

Chronz
06-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Depends on the supporting cast

yup, that cast would be totally easier to build with a dominant force like Bruce Bowen tho

Chronz
06-16-2019, 02:12 PM
Lose to the eventual champ

so you dont remember?

ewing
06-16-2019, 02:17 PM
so you dont remember?

he had a monster quarter. I'm also pretty sure they lost the series and the Lakers won the title that year

goingfor28
06-16-2019, 02:24 PM
Lebron and Kyrie started the Warriors dynasty ?Yes. LeBron and Kyrie came back from 3-1 down, causing GS to beg KD to join them and the dynasty began.

valade16
06-16-2019, 02:56 PM
That's a tough question for me to comprehend. Have I always felt guys who were top notch on both ends were contributing more value than the guys who excelled on one? Is that the question?

Why do people assume that if you are good at both ends you automatically contribute more value than someone who isn't?

Someone can be a terrible defender and contribute more value than someone who is both a good defender and a good offensive player.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Why do people assume that if you are good at both ends you automatically contribute more value than someone who isn't?

Someone can be a terrible defender and contribute more value than someone who is both a good defender and a good offensive player.

It's the argument I use to assert that Kyrie Irving isn't a negative player like PSD would have you to believe.

But it never works.

There is a lot of 'favoritism' on here and people will flip flop on their arguments just because it is or isn't supportive of the player they like.

Curry's scoring and gravity absolutely is the reason he's a top 5 player in the NBA. If he had average offense, he'd be an average player overall. That speaks as to how strongly his offense is weighted in his evaluation.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2019, 04:55 PM
Is he overrated? I don't think so generally. But we have to establish a baseline on how he's viewed before we can determine that.

While I think he's fine, I think the reason this thread topic is a legitimate question is because people (on this site) has made sweeping declarations about Curry's placement on the all-time list. Yet hardly NO ONE says anything negative about him.

I can count on one hand the number of posters who have ever truly made negative comments towards Curry. It's the same circle of posters and it makes me wonder if he's overrated on this website.

Kawhi and Curry have to be the least criticized stars in the NBA. Both likable guys. One has been cocky at times, the other hasn't. One has more flaws in their game compared to the other. Yet why are people so hesitant on criticizing Steph? Because of his impact, gravity, and efficiency? Because the Warriors have felt unbeatable for some time, broke the regular season record, and have dominated the last 2 years with Curry as the 'engine'?

I think as time passes and the Warriors dynasty is over, people will start to fairly critique Curry.

And the two biggest issues I see with him are his defense and somewhat sporadic value in the waning moments of the deepest playoff games. He has big moments - he has played tremendously well in some games. But it's downright inconsistent - from fantastic to ultra bad. That sort of consistency is crucial from a first banana. While Durant has mitigated it some - without Durant we'll see just how crucial it is.

My piece.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2019, 04:58 PM
I implore anyone to make a top 10 in the NBA list right now. And look at every name - I guarantee the two names that are least criticized are Kawhi and Steph. Then ask yourselves why.

LA_1
06-16-2019, 05:21 PM
He’s not clutch. Maybe not overrated, but he definitely shrinks under pressure

LeonFSU
06-16-2019, 05:22 PM
Seems subjective. What is the meaning of "most overrated?" Maybe a few people might consider his place higher on the all-time list than it "should" be at the moment, but by and large, most people aren't arguing he is top 5 all time when he is really number XX. In my opinion, LeBron is probably universally more overrated since people think he is first or second best ever.

nastynice
06-16-2019, 07:39 PM

He made a switch on to Danny Green, that's just a smart defensive play. I don't think you necessarily understand what you're watching when you watch this game, I did catch you put embiid on the same level as kd, kawhi, LeBron lol

Also you said he played bad game 6, he was actually very good for 47 minutes.

That's him guarding the spot up shooter rather than the play maker. If Lowry had the ball and van vleet was the spot up, he would guarded van vleet. But somehow you are interpreting that play as him running away from van vleet..?

nastynice
06-16-2019, 07:42 PM
? Because the Warriors have felt unbeatable for some time, broke the regular season record, and have dominated the last 2 years with Curry as the 'engine'?

Pretty much this. Very much a result oriented argument

goingfor28
06-16-2019, 07:44 PM
He made a switch on to Danny Green, that's just a smart defensive play. I don't think you necessarily understand what you're watching when you watch this game, I did catch you put embiid on the same level as kd, kawhi, LeBron lol

Also you said he played bad game 6, he was actually very good for 47 minutes.

That's him guarding the spot up shooter rather than the play maker. If Lowry had the ball and van vleet was the spot up, he would guarded van vleet. But somehow you are interpreting that play as him running away from van vleet..?Steph clearly wanted zero part of FVV. Stop making excuses for him.

nastynice
06-16-2019, 07:47 PM
Steph clearly wanted zero part of FVV. Stop making excuses for him.

He wanted to guard the spot up shooter. That's not really an excuse I'm just explaining to you what it is you're watching because you don't seem to understand.

Jamiecballer
06-16-2019, 07:52 PM

Someone can be a terrible defender and contribute more value than someone who is both a good defender and a good offensive player.Agreed. But we are supposedly talking about the greatest players of all-time. Not guys who are just "good" on both ends.

smith&wesson
06-16-2019, 07:54 PM
Yes. LeBron and Kyrie came back from 3-1 down, causing GS to beg KD to join them and the dynasty began.

Ok dude I get it. But you’ve gone so far away from the discussion and point I was making just to say that lol.. cool.

smith&wesson
06-16-2019, 07:57 PM
Agreed. But we are supposedly talking about the greatest players of all-time. Not guys who are just "good" on both ends.

I don’t think Curry is over rated. As he’s changed the entire game. But I’m with you bro, give me a two way super star over a superstar who only excels on one end.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2019, 07:59 PM
I don’t think Curry is over rated. As he’s changed the entire game. But I’m with you bro, give me a two way super star over a superstar who only excels on one end.

Paul George is a two-way superstar. Would you take him over Curry?

LA_1
06-16-2019, 08:25 PM
The real question is “is steph curry clutch?”

IKnowHoops
06-16-2019, 08:38 PM
I’ve been good with all the praise Steph got until Tre said he was as/more dominant than Shaq.

I’d definitely take Dream and Drob over him.

Because he’s small, he can be bullied. There is nobody smaller that I would take over him though.

He’s in my top 20 for sure. I would put Curry/Wade/Tmac/Kobe in the same grouping. I think they are all close.

smith&wesson
06-16-2019, 10:46 PM

PG had a great season this year. I think WB is the problem with the Thunder, but that’s probably common I knowledge by now. I dunno if PG is a tier one star to be honest. I would take Leonard over Curry though.

valade16
06-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Agreed. But we are supposedly talking about the greatest players of all-time. Not guys who are just "good" on both ends.

I measure the greatest players of all-time based on who had the greatest impact, whether it came from offense, defense, or both. Maybe you measure it differently.

valade16
06-16-2019, 11:18 PM
I’ve been good with all the praise Steph got until Tre said he was as/more dominant than Shaq.

I’d definitely take Dream and Drob over him.

Because he’s small, he can be bullied. There is nobody smaller that I would take over him though.

He’s in my top 20 for sure. I would put Curry/Wade/Tmac/Kobe in the same grouping. I think they are all close.

I don't measure someone's homerism as a point against how I value a player. I don't think any less of Embiid because MTM thinks he's a Top 3 player in the league and I don't think less of D-Rob because you think he's as good as Dream.

Quinnsanity
06-16-2019, 11:27 PM
Did Dwyane Wade pull you out of a burning car or something? Not sure where else these garbage takes could come from.

Vee-Rex
06-16-2019, 11:49 PM
Did Dwyane Wade pull you out of a burning car or something? Not sure where else these garbage takes could come from.

No but I know he would if given the opportunity. Does that not count for something?

More-Than-Most
06-17-2019, 01:43 AM
It's the argument I use to assert that Kyrie Irving isn't a negative player like PSD would have you to believe.

But it never works.

There is a lot of 'favoritism' on here and people will flip flop on their arguments just because it is or isn't supportive of the player they like.

Curry's scoring and gravity absolutely is the reason he's a top 5 player in the NBA. If he had average offense, he'd be an average player overall. That speaks as to how strongly his offense is weighted in his evaluation.

nobody has ever said these guys are negative value... nobody is arguing jimmy butler over curry as an example... we are talking about the top 7 players in the sport who arent as limited on defense as curry is... that is the difference.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2019, 01:49 AM

nope. I wouldnt have PG13 in my top 10 i dont think... that is my point from the posts above... you can be so great offensively that you can easily overcome the sad defense you bring but when you are talking about the superstars and not just stars the offense you bring if you are curry wont put you above players like Lebron/KL/Giannis/Embiid/Durant.... The other difference is the team help curry has around him.... Imagine if Durant didnt have to guard a lebron james all series... Or imagine if Joel didnt have to cover the entire paint and go beyond the perimeter and use a ton of his energy on defense and could just stand outside and guard the greens of the world who dont move... Same with Cousins and KL.... we seen how the cavs came back from 1-3 and how much of a difference durant made for curry in the first half he played in the finals in 1 game... when you attack curry on offense and make him exert energy on defense the warriors are a much easier team to beat and expose... Durant stops that from happening as does the rest of their all world defenders.... Curry has had 3 of the best defenders in the world on his team even before durant got there.... imagine being on the court with a durant/iggy/klay/dray and you are forced to guard green lol

Also before the trolls come out... I would still have curry over Joel because Joel is a stupid basketball player still and because of his injuries but curry would not be ahead of giannis/KL/Lebron/Durant... In fact my top 10 would go something like this

Durant
KL
Giannis
Lebron
Harden
Curry
Embiid/Jokic
Jokic/Embiid
Pg13/Butler/Klay or somebody i am clearly forgetting who is great

There are guys on that list in Jokic/Curry/harden/lebron that severely lack defense compared to a joel/klay/butler/pg13 but their offense gives them the nudge ahead because of how great those guys are offensively.

nastynice
06-17-2019, 03:55 AM
nobody has ever said these guys are negative value... nobody is arguing jimmy butler over curry as an example... we are talking about the top 7 players in the sport who arent as limited on defense as curry is... that is the difference.

Yea, but offensively none of those guys stretch the defense an extra 6 ft like curry, that's like the randy moss effect, even if you don't throw him a deep go him just
being out there completely compromises the defense.

He brings an element to the offense no one else brings because of his ability to stretch the court and his off ball constant movement.

And his defense isnt good, but when he's out there without other scorers he has to run so much on offense that if teams attack him on defense it's a legitimate game plan. But when it's not necessary for him to be in constant motion, he has played very good defense even against harden in good stretches.

Jamiecballer
06-17-2019, 08:53 AM
I measure the greatest players of all-time based on who had the greatest impact, whether it came from offense, defense, or both. Maybe you measure it differently.No, I'm sure we agree on that. But in your previous statement you said good on both ends which is pretty broad. How good? Some of the top players have been elite on both and there isnt a one I'd consider curry over. He is smart but easily bullied on the other end and doesnt have the body to be a versatile defender.

ewing
06-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Yea, but offensively none of those guys stretch the defense an extra 6 ft like curry, that's like the randy moss effect, even if you don't throw him a deep go him just
being out there completely compromises the defense.

He brings an element to the offense no one else brings because of his ability to stretch the court and his off ball constant movement.

And his defense isnt good, but when he's out there without other scorers he has to run so much on offense that if teams attack him on defense it's a legitimate game plan. But when it's not necessary for him to be in constant motion, he has played very good defense even against harden in good stretches.

The effect of him stretching the defense due to range is massively overstated here. Having to guard him deep and having to guard Kover or Lillard almost as deep really doesn't make much a difference. The fact that you can him give no air space and both defenders almost always look to jump the screener sets up a lot of backdoor chances/gets the defense out of position and awful lot. Same with guys running to Curry at 3 point line in a scramble and leaving "their guy". Bottom is when the defense has to commit multiple guys to cover you it get guys open. Curry might do it in a different way but its hardly a new thing

rocket
06-17-2019, 10:31 AM

:clap:

50% of the threads created in the NBA forum are troll threads. Being here from 2012 to 2019 not much has changed. i thought we would have higher quality posts by now

COOLbeans
06-17-2019, 10:48 AM

50% of the threads created in the NBA forum are troll threads. Being here from 2012 to 2019 not much has changed. i thought we would have higher quality posts by now

Some people expose themselves because they don’t understand the game of basketball. This argument was solved on page 1 with the math video someone posted regarding Curry as a “neutral” defender, not a bad one, while being the biggest offensive force in the league right now.

This tread is extremely stupid and many of these posts are a hilarious attempt at baiting or trolling or whatever lol

DanG
06-17-2019, 11:24 AM
I don't think he's overrated, had Curry won this Raptors series he would make a good case for top 10-15 all-time.

Let's be honest, he should have been the Finals MVP when Iggy got it. The notion that Iggy somehow shut down LeBron by holding him to 36/11/9 is ridiculous.

Injuries are a part of the game, just because Kyrie and Love were injured does not mean we can downplay the championship. What if I turn it the other way around and say if Draymond was never suspended Curry would have been the best player on a back-to-back championship team. How many miniature point guards have led their teams to back-to-back championships as the main player? ZERO.

cmellofan15
06-17-2019, 11:40 AM
This thread has been as underwhelming as Curry in the playoffs. Where's all the bickering?

Vee-Rex
06-17-2019, 11:57 AM
nope. I wouldnt have PG13 in my top 10 i dont think... that is my point from the posts above... you can be so great offensively that you can easily overcome the sad defense you bring but when you are talking about the superstars and not just stars the offense you bring if you are curry wont put you above players like Lebron/KL/Giannis/Embiid/Durant.... The other difference is the team help curry has around him.... Imagine if Durant didnt have to guard a lebron james all series... Or imagine if Joel didnt have to cover the entire paint and go beyond the perimeter and use a ton of his energy on defense and could just stand outside and guard the greens of the world who dont move... Same with Cousins and KL.... we seen how the cavs came back from 1-3 and how much of a difference durant made for curry in the first half he played in the finals in 1 game... when you attack curry on offense and make him exert energy on defense the warriors are a much easier team to beat and expose... Durant stops that from happening as does the rest of their all world defenders.... Curry has had 3 of the best defenders in the world on his team even before durant got there.... imagine being on the court with a durant/iggy/klay/dray and you are forced to guard green lol

Also before the trolls come out... I would still have curry over Joel because Joel is a stupid basketball player still and because of his injuries but curry would not be ahead of giannis/KL/Lebron/Durant... In fact my top 10 would go something like this

Durant
KL
Giannis
Lebron
Harden
Curry
Embiid/Jokic
Jokic/Embiid
Pg13/Butler/Klay or somebody i am clearly forgetting who is great

There are guys on that list in Jokic/Curry/harden/lebron that severely lack defense compared to a joel/klay/butler/pg13 but their offense gives them the nudge ahead because of how great those guys are offensively.

I like your list though I'd swap Curry with Harden. I like Kawhi/Durant/LeBron/Giannis in any particular order, with Curry rounding out that group at #5.

IKnowHoops
06-17-2019, 01:19 PM

^Educate yourself.

Return of the Mac! Once again
Return of the Mac! Ooh ooh yeah

IKnowHoops
06-17-2019, 01:21 PM
I don't measure someone's homerism as a point against how I value a player. I don't think any less of Embiid because MTM thinks he's a Top 3 player in the league and I don't think less of D-Rob because you think he's as good as Dream.

Numbers say he is.

IKnowHoops
06-17-2019, 01:22 PM
No but I know he would if given the opportunity. Does that not count for something?

😂😂😂😂

valade16
06-17-2019, 03:18 PM
Numbers say he is.

Playoff numbers say he isn't.

valade16
06-17-2019, 03:19 PM
No, I'm sure we agree on that. But in your previous statement you said good on both ends which is pretty broad. How good? Some of the top players have been elite on both and there isnt a one I'd consider curry over. He is smart but easily bullied on the other end and doesnt have the body to be a versatile defender.

Use whatever descriptor you want. Great on both ends. You could still have a player not great at both ends who is better than a player who is great at both ends because they provide more value.

The idea that you can't be better because you are not a 2 way player is absurd.

nastynice
06-17-2019, 03:49 PM
The effect of him stretching the defense due to range is massively overstated here. Having to guard him deep and having to guard Kover or Lillard almost as deep really doesn't make much a difference. The fact that you can him give no air space and both defenders almost always look to jump the screener sets up a lot of backdoor chances/gets the defense out of position and awful lot. Same with guys running to Curry at 3 point line in a scramble and leaving "their guy". Bottom is when the defense has to commit multiple guys to cover you it get guys open. Curry might do it in a different way but its hardly a new thing

I think it's a lil diff in golden state because of our personnel, because of greens ability we can legit set picks 4-5 ft past 3 which almost no one else can legit do on a regular basis. If Lillard does that no one cares if nurkic or turner gets the ball on the run 25 ft away. Our personnel let's us run it way more efficient

nastynice
06-17-2019, 03:51 PM
I don't think he's overrated, had Curry won this Raptors series

He didn't tho. He and his team played good enough to win for 47 minutes and 50 seconds, and he bricked a open *** 3. There is no what if, either you win or lose and we lost cuz curry the greatest shooter ever couldn't hit a wide open 3.

Jamiecballer
06-17-2019, 04:25 PM
Use whatever descriptor you want. Great on both ends. You could still have a player not great at both ends who is better than a player who is great at both ends because they provide more value.

The idea that you can't be better because you are not a 2 way player is absurd.I find the idea that you think its absurd, absurd.

The game has defined rules and you can only get so good at the core skills. If you are an all-time great at both ends it's a matter of common sense that you are probably better than someone who excels at half the job.

ewing
06-17-2019, 06:43 PM
He didn't tho. He and his team played good enough to win for 47 minutes and 50 seconds, and he bricked a open *** 3. There is no what if, either you win or lose and we lost cuz curry the greatest shooter ever couldn't hit a wide open 3.

Interesting you bring up his supporting caste bc I think they cover for one of his bigger holes that doesn’t not get mentioned. Curry is not great at pushing the pace. He is a heck of a weapon on the break bc of shooting but most great point guards create pace. That is largely Greens job. He is also not a great at directing in the half court and is lucky to have green and an ISO weapon like KD. He really isn’t great in traditional pg areas. He is a great great scorer and the only flaw he has there is his ability to stare down a set defense. I will give him credit for improving both as a half court QB and as a go to scorer. Still he has his weaknesses

Hawkeye15
06-17-2019, 06:46 PM
Depends. If you think he is on his way to being a top 15 player, you overrate him. If you think he will end up a top 30 player all time, you are probably right. Greatest shooter in history, amazing passer, and stretches the offense like Shaq did when he is hitting. But he is a liability on defense in many matchups, and has either had bad luck (injuries), or had some rocky quarters in big spots, as well as HUGE quarters/moments in others, in the playoffs. 3 rings, 2 MVPs, most prolific shooter ever. Not a bad career...

nastynice
06-17-2019, 07:36 PM
Interesting you bring up his supporting caste bc I think they cover for one of his bigger holes that doesn’t not get mentioned. Curry is not great at pushing the pace. He is a heck of a weapon on the break bc of shooting but most great point guards create pace. That is largely Greens job. He is also not a great at directing in the half court and is lucky to have green and an ISO weapon like KD. He really isn’t great in traditional pg areas. He is a great great scorer and the only flaw he has there is his ability to stare down a set defense. I will give him credit for improving both as a half court QB and as a go to scorer. Still he has his weaknesses

True, but those are kinda effects of being such a great shooter and off ball player too, like why push the pace when you can have guys fan out and find open shots, or why direct on the half court when you can just keep working through screens and let your guys direct.

He's not a go to scorer. Not yet. He's a scorer, but he needs to hit shots like at the end of game 6. That's what a go to scorer does.

I brought his team up because decimated as we were, incomplete as we were, hobbled as we were, we played good enough for 47 and a half minutes, curry was ****in incredible for 47 and a half minutes, and just flushed it all down the toilet in the last 10 seconds. He's a team player and his greatness will only ever be realized in a team situation because he has weaknesses.

WestCoastSportz
06-17-2019, 07:55 PM
Not all the great players were great defenders and you can't discount 2 of Curry's rings because he played with greatness. No one player wins a ring on his own. Jordan needed Pippen and Rodman. Kobe needed Shaq. Lebron, Wade and Bosh needed each other. Lebron then needed Love and Irving back in Cleveland. Duncan needed Ginobli and Parker. And the list can go on.

To all those who keep talking about Curry's defense, or lack thereof..I'm curious to see what you think of Harden. Where would he rank in your book? Because Harden doesn't even try to play defense 80% of the time. Not saying Curry is a great or even good defender, but just saying how bad Harden is at it. Curry puts a lot of effort in to playing defense and he maybe no Gary Payton, be he's also far from James Harden either.

goingfor28
06-17-2019, 07:59 PM
Define "a lot of effort."

He ran from Fred VanVleet.

ewing
06-17-2019, 08:20 PM
True, but those are kinda effects of being such a great shooter and off ball player too, like why push the pace when you can have guys fan out and find open shots, or why direct on the half court when you can just keep working through screens and let your guys direct.

He's not a go to scorer. Not yet. He's a scorer, but he needs to hit shots like at the end of game 6. That's what a go to scorer does.

I brought his team up because decimated as we were, incomplete as we were, hobbled as we were, we played good enough for 47 and a half minutes, curry was ****in incredible for 47 and a half minutes, and just flushed it all down the toilet in the last 10 seconds. He's a team player and his greatness will only ever be realized in a team situation because he has weaknesses.

War is peace, freedom is slavery

COOLbeans
06-17-2019, 08:36 PM
Depends. If you think he is on his way to being a top 15 player, you overrate him. If you think he will end up a top 30 player all time, you are probably right. Greatest shooter in history, amazing passer, and stretches the offense like Shaq did when he is hitting. But he is a liability on defense in many matchups, and has either had bad luck (injuries), or had some rocky quarters in big spots, as well as HUGE quarters/moments in others, in the playoffs. 3 rings, 2 MVPs, most prolific shooter ever. Not a bad career...

Word of the day is “absurd.” It’s absurd to put the number 30 anywhere near Curry except for his jersey number.

If you wanna says he’s not a top 19 guy, ok, all those guys are great all time guys. But you cannot reasonably give me 29 players better than Steph all time. When it’s all said and done he’ll be a top 20 guy and there’s nothing crazy about invisioning him top 15. Can you reasonably name 25 players better than Curry right now? I’ll wait and I’m pretty sure you “wont have time,” or “don’t care to”, rather than difinitively give me 25-30 guys better.

The fact that you said “end up” 30 means you don’t even rank him there now lol

nastynice
06-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Define "a lot of effort."

He ran from Fred VanVleet.

Unless you're Steph Curry or Damian Lillard, it is not possible to be ran away from from 40 ft out

Someone should teach you basketball :)

nastynice
06-17-2019, 08:47 PM
Word of the day is “absurd.” It’s absurd to put the number 30 anywhere near Curry except for his jersey number.

If you wanna says he’s not a top 19 guy, ok, all those guys are great all time guys. But you cannot reasonably give me 29 players better than Steph all time. When it’s all said and done he’ll be a top 20 guy and there’s nothing crazy about invisioning him top 15. Can you reasonably name 25 players better than Curry right now? I’ll wait and I’m pretty sure you “wont have time,” or “don’t care to”, rather than difinitively give me 25-30 guys better.

How could anyone even say where he is all time? Lebrons like 5 years older and even he can still add to his legacy and add rings.

Prob gotta wait for someone to retire before ranking them.

COOLbeans
06-17-2019, 09:10 PM
How could anyone even say where he is all time? Lebrons like 5 years older and even he can still add to his legacy and add rings.

Prob gotta wait for someone to retire before ranking them.

Yes. To place a definitive on a guy is shortsighted especially since it’s subjective anyways. But individuals can create their own lists and it would be interesting to see what 29 guys people rank a better than Curry.

valade16
06-17-2019, 09:41 PM
I find the idea that you think its absurd, absurd.

The game has defined rules and you can only get so good at the core skills. If you are an all-time great at both ends it's a matter of common sense that you are probably better than someone who excels at half the job.

Once again you are doing weird Defense math + Plus offense math = better than someone.

To you, a person who brings literally more value than someone else is not as valuable because they don't bring it on both the defensive and offensive sides of the ball.

I've no time for "common sense" that tells me Kobe Bryant was a more impactful player than Magic Johnson because Johnson didn't play great D. Which is the equivalent of what you're saying. In fact, I find the idea of your common sense to be pretty moronic.

Super.
06-17-2019, 10:37 PM
Literally the greatest shooter of all time, and he's overrated?

:laugh2:

spicy takes

Chronz
06-17-2019, 11:50 PM
he had a monster quarter. I'm also pretty sure they lost the series and the Lakers won the title that year

yeah cuz that guys defensive shortcomings didn't matter

Chronz
06-17-2019, 11:52 PM
He wanted to guard the spot up shooter. That's not really an excuse I'm just explaining to you what it is you're watching because you don't seem to understand.

its actually high basketball IQ to communicate that switch, dude was valuing the possession in a Finals game, how dare he

Chronz
06-18-2019, 12:20 AM
Once again you are doing weird Defense math + Plus offense math = better than someone.

To you, a person who brings literally more value than someone else is not as valuable because they don't bring it on both the defensive and offensive sides of the ball.

I've no time for "common sense" that tells me Kobe Bryant was a more impactful player than Magic Johnson because Johnson didn't play great D. Which is the equivalent of what you're saying. In fact, I find the idea of your common sense to be pretty moronic.

imo, the defensive math doesn't come close to garnering this 50/50 proposition. its not literally half the game, its prolly more like 30% of the game in most cases.

More-Than-Most
06-18-2019, 12:43 AM
its actually high basketball IQ to communicate that switch, dude was valuing the possession in a Finals game, how dare he

you are the best. He was Shook... vanvleet put him on skates all series bruh

Chronz
06-18-2019, 01:17 AM

you are the best. He was Shook... vanvleet put him on skates all series bruh

hence the switch? im sure the guy who put up 45 in a solo Finals game was shook.

More-Than-Most
06-18-2019, 01:20 AM
hence the switch? im sure the guy who put up 45 in a solo Finals game was shook.

scared to death... my man was screaming out for help lmfao... him scoring 45 is all offense and its his game... him defending at the very end of a game? he didnt want the kyrie thing to hit him hard like it did before.... my man was scared. KD would have shut that **** down and you know it.

ewing
06-18-2019, 05:50 AM
yeah cuz that guys defensive shortcomings didn't matter

Was he finals MVP that year? My memory seems to be going

More-Than-Most
06-18-2019, 06:07 AM
Literally the greatest shooter of all time, and he's overrated?

:laugh2:

spicy takes

If basketball was just shooting many guys would be super elite amirite?

ewing
06-18-2019, 07:34 AM
If basketball was just shooting many guys would be super elite amirite?

You are always right [emoji3]

Rivera
06-18-2019, 09:00 AM
just throwing this out there, because in fairness, if this was LBJ he would be CRUSHED for this stat:

Curry now 0-8 on go ahead FG in the last :20 of playoff games.

More-Than-Most
06-18-2019, 09:03 AM
just throwing this out there, because in fairness, if this was LBJ he would be CRUSHED for this stat:

as the best ever shooter.

Hawkeye15
06-18-2019, 09:18 AM

I have him mid 20's. But I also don't rank for others, nor do I think the world is ending if someone isn't ranked where I consider correctly. Curry is the greatest shooter in history. He has also enjoyed his success with the most loaded roster we have seen in 3 decades or more, so context matters.

Will he finish top 15? Nope. Will he finish top 30? Yep. Is he already top 30? Probably so.

Jamiecballer
06-18-2019, 09:34 AM
I have him mid 20's. But I also don't rank for others, nor do I think the world is ending if someone isn't ranked where I consider correctly. Curry is the greatest shooter in history. He has also enjoyed his success with the most loaded roster we have seen in 3 decades or more, so context matters.

Will he finish top 15? Nope. Will he finish top 30? Yep. Is he already top 30? Probably so.

that seems totally fair to me as well.

WaDe03
06-18-2019, 09:50 AM
scared to death... my man was screaming out for help lmfao... him scoring 45 is all offense and its his game... him defending at the very end of a game? he didnt want the kyrie thing to hit him hard like it did before.... my man was scared. KD would have shut that **** down and you know it.

That 45 also got him an L but let’s congratulate him on it because that’s what we do on here.

WaDe03
06-18-2019, 09:51 AM

0-9 now brother

WaDe03
06-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Looks the “offensive impact” and “gravity” and stuff you guys are clinging to is very cute but let me list some facts for you:

1. All 3 of his rings are very weak
2. He lost finals MVP to a role player/6 man
3. He has the 2 weakest rings in history with KD leading the charge
4. He had a chance to prove himself this year and folded
5. He gets more excuses than any player I’ve seen for his bad play it’s always “injuries” while he’s doing 360 alley pop dunks in warm ups, save it
6. In his last career game in oracle while facing elimination on the biggest stage he was destroyed by a bench player and ran from an *** whooping
7. If his defense is as good as some warriors fans try to say he wouldn’t have ran from a bench player
8. Game 7 in 2016 when you clowns were saying he was better than LeBron and we’re making threads saying he was better than Jordan he got locked up by Kevin Love, threw a behind the back pass to Lt. Dan in the front row, and buried by Kyrie almost all consecutively in the biggest moments of the biggest game of his career, draymond tried his best to carry

He’s an all time great until he gets to the biggest stage and then he turns to a fraud. You want to be considered top 20 you better not be a choker and you better not be getting outplayed by role players in the finals. People act like he’s on his way to being top 10 but he’s not. As Hawkeye said I can see him top 30 but y’all say some off the wall **** about his place in history and it’s getting old. Stop giving this guy a pass for folding every year.

Chronz
06-18-2019, 03:37 PM
Was he finals MVP that year? My memory seems to be going

definitely not for his defense LMFAO

ewing
06-18-2019, 03:49 PM
definitely not for his defense LMFAO

Well let me sit back and lick my own balls while you keep proving my point

nastynice
06-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Looks the “offensive impact” and “gravity” and stuff you guys are clinging to is very cute but let me list some facts for you:

5. He gets more excuses than any player I’ve seen for his bad play it’s always “injuries” while he’s doing 360 alley pop dunks in warm ups, save it
6. In his last career game in oracle while facing elimination on the biggest stage he was destroyed by a bench player and ran from an *** whooping
7. If his defense is as good as some warriors fans try to say he wouldn’t have ran from a bench player
8. Game 7 in 2016 when you clowns were saying he was better than LeBron and we’re making threads saying he was better than Jordan he got locked up by Kevin Love, threw a behind the back pass to Lt. Dan in the front row, and buried by Kyrie almost all consecutively in the biggest moments of the biggest game of his career, draymond tried his best to carry

He’s an all time great until he gets to the biggest stage and then he turns to a fraud. You want to be considered top 20 you better not be a choker and you better not be getting outplayed by role players in the finals. People act like he’s on his way to being top 10 but he’s not. As Hawkeye said I can see him top 30 but y’all say some off the wall **** about his place in history and it’s getting old. Stop giving this guy a pass for folding every year.

He's already past Wade on the all time list, he's already accomplished more. He can retire in his prime and his career would still eclipse your favorite players entire career.

It happens. Get over it.

Chronz
06-18-2019, 04:00 PM

u mean our point and our balls

WaDe03
06-18-2019, 04:03 PM
He's already past Wade on the all time list, he's already accomplished more. He can retire in his prime and his career would still eclipse your favorite players entire career.

It happens. Get over it.

Very false but good try.

He’s an all time great in the regular season, wades an all time great at all times. Curry folds in the biggest moments on the biggest stage, Wade excels. Prime Wade would never be outplayed by a bench player in an elimination game on the biggest stage on his homecourt and he would never get locked up by Kevin Love in the biggest moments of a game 7.

WaDe03
06-18-2019, 04:03 PM

I just want one taste please

ewing
06-18-2019, 04:20 PM
u mean our point and our balls

you want me to lick your balls man????

nastynice
06-18-2019, 06:22 PM
Very false but good try.

He’s an all time great in the regular season, wades an all time great at all times. Curry folds in the biggest moments on the biggest stage, Wade excels. Prime Wade would never be outplayed by a bench player in an elimination game on the biggest stage on his homecourt and he would never get locked up by Kevin Love in the biggest moments of a game 7.

If you think curry was outplayed by a bench player then you don't even understand what Curry's game is. Wade would never be able to take a roster with that many holes down to the last minute in a game against these raptors. Not even close. He woulda been taken out the game with 5 min left to avoid any unnecessary injury moving forward.

He's a great player, but Curry's on a different level. He's still growing his game. Most neutral people have Wade and Curry very close to one another, and Curry still has half his career left. That should tell you something.

Cal827
06-18-2019, 06:33 PM
:laugh: I was here for Tre's response, now I'm just here for the balls.

goingfor28
06-18-2019, 07:52 PM

He’s an all time great until he gets to the biggest stage and then he turns to a fraud. You want to be considered top 20 you better not be a choker and you better not be getting outplayed by role players in the finals. People act like he’s on his way to being top 10 but he’s not. As Hawkeye said I can see him top 30 but y’all say some off the wall **** about his place in history and it’s getting old. Stop giving this guy a pass for folding every year.[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

ewing
06-18-2019, 08:01 PM
If you think curry was outplayed by a bench player then you don't even understand what Curry's game is. Wade would never be able to take a roster with that many holes down to the last minute in a game against these raptors. Not even close. He woulda been taken out the game with 5 min left to avoid any unnecessary injury moving forward.

He's a great player, but Curry's on a different level. He's still growing his game. Most neutral people have Wade and Curry very close to one another, and Curry still has half his career left. That should tell you something.

That he is one of the most overrated players ever?

Jamiecballer
06-18-2019, 08:10 PM

He's a great player, but Curry's on a different level. He's still growing his game. Most neutral people have Wade and Curry very close to one another, and Curry still has half his career left. That should tell you something.I actually think you are wrong. Wade at his absolute peak would have been capable.

Jamiecballer
06-18-2019, 08:12 PM
I was going to ask what's the point of a thread asking if curry is one of the most overrated players of all time. He wouldn't be overrated if more people thought yes.

YAALREADYKNO
06-18-2019, 08:25 PM
Very false but good try.

I mean he kind of did tho in 2011 by Jason Terry in game 6...

LA_1
06-18-2019, 08:40 PM
0-9 in the last 20 seconds to win a game or tie it. The man is Amazing but definitely shrinks in big games

nastynice
06-18-2019, 08:51 PM
That he is one of the most overrated players ever?

If you think, you could say that about any great player

nastynice
06-18-2019, 08:53 PM
I actually think you are wrong. Wade at his absolute peak would have been capable.

No he wouldn't. Who would he drive and kick to? He can't open lanes for his teammates like curry

Keep in mind that this lineup saw a box +1 defense numerous times..

WaDe03
06-18-2019, 09:44 PM

Vanvleet didn’t outplay curry in game 6? You’re the only one who actually believes that if so.

Yea you’re right, the guy with the 2nd greatest finals performance ever in just his 3rd year in the league wouldn’t be able to do what curry did in game 6 lmao! You’re so clueless and such a homer

nastynice
06-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Vanvleet didn’t outplay curry in game 6? You’re the only one who actually believes that if so.

Yea you’re right, the guy with the 2nd greatest finals performance ever in just his 3rd year in the league wouldn’t be able to do what curry did in game 6 lmao! You’re so clueless and such a homer

If somebody thinks vv outplayed curry then the extent of their basketball knowledge does not pass simple statistics, such as fgm and fga.

And everyone's favorite, ppg :cool:

No, Wade cannot create the way curry can. Wade has never had a roster full of holes he took up against a championship level team. Wade can create only with the ball in his hands.

WaDe03
06-18-2019, 10:46 PM
If somebody thinks vv outplayed curry then the extent of their basketball knowledge does not pass simple statistics, such as fgm and fga.

And everyone's favorite, ppg :cool:

No, Wade cannot create the way curry can. Wade has never had a roster full of holes he took up against a championship level team. Wade can create only with the ball in his hands.

Lmfao!!! Yea you’re very very delusional and the homerism in you is on a completely different level. I’m not going to waste my time with you.

nastynice
06-18-2019, 11:14 PM
Lmfao!!! Yea you’re very very delusional and the homerism in you is on a completely different level. I’m not going to waste my time with you.

Ok, if you have anything to say that's actually worth a crap go ahead, we just talking bball on a bball forum

ewing
06-18-2019, 11:14 PM
If you think, you could say that about any great player

But Id be wrong a lot of the time

ewing
06-18-2019, 11:15 PM
No he wouldn't. Who would he drive and kick to? He can't open lanes for his teammates like curry

Keep in mind that this lineup saw a box +1 defense numerous times..

Jesus who the **** cares that they used a box in one at one point?

nastynice
06-18-2019, 11:26 PM
Jesus who the **** cares that they used a box in one at one point?

Anyone comparing the two in this context

nastynice
06-18-2019, 11:27 PM
But Id be wrong a lot of the time

I k ow, you already showed that :)

ewing
06-19-2019, 06:13 AM
Anyone comparing the two in this context

Only homers do. It’s dumb and totally meaningless. The guy playing man can face guard in a box and 1. That a big advantage against a shooter. It was unusual but it doesn’t mean he was any more attention then another superstar just different attention. Put a box and 1 on Shaq or MJ and they will just score on the one over and over again.

tredigs
06-19-2019, 11:45 AM
This thread is a train wreck fellas. I would just get banned again if I honestly responded to some of these posts without putting on mittens first haha.

As far as his standing all time. After this season as a whole (All NBA 1st Team with a fantastic Finals run), he leaps all of the Ewing/Pippen/Stockton group and probably now edges Wade and CP for top 20 All Time range. Next up is Barkley/Dirk/Dr. J range for top 15 All Time. Something he is in the mix with with another MVP/top 3 player caliber season and strong playoff showing. Another couple All Stars/All NBA's/playoff runs with that and he's with the Oscar/Kobe group approaching the top 10.

Time will tell.

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 11:51 AM
This thread is a train wreck fellas. I would just get banned again if I honestly responded to some of these posts without putting on mittens first haha.

As far as his standing all time. After this season as a whole (All NBA 1st Team with a fantastic Finals run), he leaps all of the Ewing/Pippen/Stockton group and probably now edges Wade and CP for top 20 All Time range. Next up is Barkley/Dirk/Dr. J range for top 15 All Time. Something he is in the mix with with another MVP/top 3 player caliber season and strong playoff showing. Another couple All Stars/All NBA's/playoff runs with that and he's with the Oscar/Kobe group approaching the top 10.

Time will tell.

Posts like this are why the thread was made, thanks for giving everyone an example of what I was referring to brother

tredigs
06-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Posts like this are why the thread was made, thanks for giving everyone an example of what I was referring to brother

Aww, was it the > Wade bit that triggered you my dude? Sorry man, that's right where he's at. He already has more career MVP award shares than Wade (and CP and Dirk), more All NBA 1st Teams, more playoff success, etc. And he is the most important piece of the best team of this generation. If you want to hang on tight, you can say Wade is in the 19-23 range along with Curry and CP, but barring injury that argument goes out the window entirely next season (you're about to see massive numbers put up by Steph, and those thinking they will miss the playoffs are in for a surprise).

That said, yes, he could retire tomorrow and have a very strong case for the top 20.

Jamiecballer
06-19-2019, 02:09 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what curry can really do.

Hawkeye15
06-19-2019, 02:49 PM

Time will tell.

well we are about to see what he does as THE offense, because KD is gone (assumed), and Klay will miss the first half of the season. So, can he lift his team and still dominate, like many of the guys you have him passing did as far more solo acts than Curry has ever been responsible for, or not? Time will tell...

PropheticGeius
06-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Curry is the 2nd best PG of all Time and the best shooter of all time .

A lot of you are caught up thinking that he needs to be Shaq or Jordan and carry teams on his back - but that's not how PG's play historically.

His combination of shooting, ball handling, passing, court vision, basketball IQ, and unselfishness is something the league has never seen before.

The only knocks on his game are defense and performing in the Finals. I'd actually argue hes an above avg defender for his position - but his lack of size will always be a limit. He also has trouble getting off his own shot when he's double teamed and bringing the ball up the court in big playoff games.

I never expected Curry to "Carry a team". I never expect that from a PG. I expect him to share the ball, hit open jumpers, make good decisions.

EASILY the best PG I've ever watched as an adult and it's really not even close

Hawkeye15
06-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Aww, was it the > Wade bit that triggered you my dude? Sorry man, that's right where he's at. He already has more career MVP award shares than Wade (and CP and Dirk), more All NBA 1st Teams, more playoff success, etc. And he is the most important piece of the best team of this generation. If you want to hang on tight, you can say Wade is in the 19-23 range along with Curry and CP, but barring injury that argument goes out the window entirely next season (you're about to see massive numbers put up by Steph, and those thinking they will miss the playoffs are in for a surprise).

That said, yes, he could retire tomorrow and have a very strong case for the top 20.

yeah, I think if Curry retired RIGHT NOW, he hasn't passed Wade. Probably right with him. But he will pass him, without a doubt. Sorry Crash, your style and refusal to ever get a jumper led to an extreme, yet expected, early decline..

nastynice
06-19-2019, 04:30 PM
Only homers do. It’s dumb and totally meaningless. The guy playing man can face guard in a box and 1. That a big advantage against a shooter. It was unusual but it doesn’t mean he was any more attention then another superstar just different attention. Put a box and 1 on Shaq or MJ and they will just score on the one over and over again.

On the 1? The one constantly has two help defenders to either side of him. Isn't that the point?

Sure,i can't say I necessarily know the entire schematic behind it, so maybe it is a curry specific thing. But the guy is still commanding double teams at the 3 pt line and still played that game with a roster clearly full of holes, meaning we couldn't really even put a complete offense on the floor for big stretches. Wade had Shaq with him, Shaq was an mvp candidate, or close to it that year

ewing
06-19-2019, 04:40 PM
On the 1? The one constantly has two help defenders to either side of him. Isn't that the point?

Sure,i can't say I necessarily know the entire schematic behind it, so maybe it is a curry specific thing. But the guy is still commanding double teams at the 3 pt line and still played that game with a roster clearly full of holes, meaning we couldn't really even put a complete offense on the floor for big stretches. Wade had Shaq with him, Shaq was an mvp candidate, or close to it that year

no point

WaDe03
06-19-2019, 04:47 PM

Shaq wasn’t in the MVP race, Wade was. Shaq also averaged 10 in the finals.

nastynice
06-19-2019, 05:16 PM
no point

Haha, I'm open to whatever you got to say, if I'm wrong tell me.

I don't know if curry is higher on a all time list than Wade, I don't care, but wade03 is a hater lol and it's probably cuz he know most people got curry passing his boy up

Curry's career will be understood once he retires. At this point they could either miss the playoffs or win the chip next year, lol, apparently..

nastynice
06-19-2019, 05:18 PM
Shaq wasn’t in the MVP race, Wade was. Shaq also averaged 10 in the finals.

Oh cool. Let's get a list of all centers ppg in the finals, and any center with over 10 must be a better center than 06 Shaq. Right?

*ah, he was 2nd mvp voting just the year before

Chronz
06-19-2019, 08:49 PM

check out the box-1 seattle played against Hakeem, MJ and watch their coaches ***** about its effectiveness and legality.

Vee-Rex
06-19-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what curry can really do.

I've never really questioned his ability in the regular season. It's the biggest moments in the playoffs where I question him. If a guy misses some shots - fine. But it's the combination of that + the turnovers and silly fouls, etc... none of which makes me think he's bad or anything. But if I don't question him, besides a few other people, who the hell else on this site will?

Trust me, if Durant was healthy playing vs. your Raps, you'd see just how huge of an impact he makes on that team. He makes it unfair. Dude is the most unstoppable scorer in the league.

If Klay isn't back and fully healthy next year, I see a 2nd round exit for the Warriors, maybe 1st round if they get a bad draw. Even Portland probably knocks 'em out since the only reason Lillard struggles is because Klay is guarding him.

Even if Curry isn't overrated, we sure as hell underrate the **** out of Klay who had a better finals than Curry this year.

Jamiecballer
06-19-2019, 09:47 PM
I've never really questioned his ability in the regular season. It's the biggest moments in the playoffs where I question him. If a guy misses some shots - fine. But it's the combination of that + the turnovers and silly fouls, etc... none of which makes me think he's bad or anything. But if I don't question him, besides a few other people, who the hell else on this site will?

Trust me, if Durant was healthy playing vs. your Raps, you'd see just how huge of an impact he makes on that team. He makes it unfair. Dude is the most unstoppable scorer in the league.

If Klay isn't back and fully healthy next year, I see a 2nd round exit for the Warriors, maybe 1st round if they get a bad draw. Even Portland probably knocks 'em out since the only reason Lillard struggles is because Klay is guarding him.

Even if Curry isn't overrated, we sure as hell underrate the **** out of Klay who had a better finals than Curry this year.I think both Thompson and Green are badly underrated, which is weird because everybody talked on one hand about how loaded they were BEFORE they got Durant. Yet nobody wonders how having uber talent around him makes the game easier for him too? Its messed.

COOLbeans
06-19-2019, 09:48 PM
Haha, I'm open to whatever you got to say, if I'm wrong tell me.

I don't know if curry is higher on a all time list than Wade, I don't care, but wade03 is a hater lol and it's probably cuz he know most people got curry passing his boy up

Curry's career will be understood once he retires. At this point they could either miss the playoffs or win the chip next year, lol, apparently..

Exactly. Who cares what any of the dozen or so in this forum think about Curry verse the field. The world rates Curry higher than Wade (who I’m a huge fan of btw), and higher than close to all other NBA players all time. So who cares what known haters say or their threads create just to troll

nastynice
06-19-2019, 11:39 PM

Even if Curry isn't overrated, we sure as hell underrate the **** out of Klay who had a better finals than Curry this year.

Lol, what??

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 02:07 AM
Lol, what??

i feel like klay/dray/durant get extremely underrated just to prop up curry which is nuts... we are going to see just how great curry is this year without 2 guys being the primary defenders.... This is a huge *** test for curry and one he needs to prove... If he is that great they should still be a top seed out west

ewing
06-20-2019, 06:54 AM
check out the box-1 seattle played against Hakeem, MJ and watch their coaches ***** about its effectiveness and legality.

Coaches complained!!!!!!!!!! Case dismissed

ewing
06-20-2019, 06:56 AM
Lol, what??

When Kaly was on the floor he is was better. They even went to the triangle and two :speechless:

CptObvious71
06-20-2019, 08:00 AM
Curry can score from anywhere when he isn't doubled, which teams can't do with Klay and KD on the floor. Next season will tell the tale. He is a poor defender, so if he has a hard time scoring with efficiency without his co-stars it could be a 4-6 seed for the Warriors next season.

Heediot
06-20-2019, 08:46 AM
I think both Thompson and Green are badly underrated, which is weird because everybody talked on one hand about how loaded they were BEFORE they got Durant. Yet nobody wonders how having uber talent around him makes the game easier for him too? Its messed.

Dray plays good when they play Curry style ball movement and with more pace. He looks more average playing the Durant style. Take that for what it's worth. So he also benefits from scheme/team/coaching. I think he's still a very good player though.

Klay is good where he is as 2/3 option. He also plays better on the Curry style.

I think Curry is both over and under rated depending on who you talk to.

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 09:44 AM
Lol, what??

Klay and Draymond outplayed Curry in the finals. Curry had one big game that inflated his stats and a loss, other than that he was average.

COOLbeans
06-20-2019, 12:03 PM
Curry can score from anywhere when he isn't doubled, which teams can't do with Klay and KD on the floor. Next season will tell the tale. He is a poor defender, so if he has a hard time scoring with efficiency without his co-stars it could be a 4-6 seed for the Warriors next season.

You just threw up all over this thread. Regurgitating talking points that are false. The numbers say Curry is an average defender and he’s an above average defensive rebounder for a guard. Rebounding and steals is apart of defense. As is help defense, which the numbers say he’s not bad

Vee-Rex
06-20-2019, 12:04 PM
Lol, what??

Klay outplayed Curry in the 2019 finals. On both ends of the court.

Klay: 26ppg, 54%FG, 59%3PT, 5rbpg, 2apg, 1topg, 0.8stlpg, 68.2 eFG%, 70.6TS%
Curry: 30ppg, 41%FG, 34%3PT, 5rbpg, 6apg, 3topg, 1.5stlpg, 50.4eFG%, 59.8TS%

Faaaaar more efficient. It's like night and day, and that's WITH Curry getting 10 free throws a game. Curry also had a worse NET rtg at -4.4. Worse turnover ratio with Steph at 8 something and Klay at 5 something. This is all with Steph performing inconsistently and one game inflating his stats. Klay was far more consistent.

Their Sportvu defensive metrics are about even, but if we consider that Klay guarded better players while Curry was hidden on brickshot Danny Green the entire series, I'd argue Klay was better on defense overall. The specific numbers reflect that though they're nearly even - Steph's defensive metrics are inflated at the 3-point line (-9.8) because Green was bricking, whereas Klay obliterated him everywhere else on the court defensively and was consistent everywhere.

No matter what any pro-Steph fan want to argue, Klay was objectively better statistically in the finals. And since we're 5 finals in for GS and Steph has yet to indisputably be the best player in the series, I'm not willing to throw statistics in the trash just because 'zOmG hIs GrAvItY iS iNcReDiBlE!!!'

nastynice
06-20-2019, 01:14 PM
i feel like klay/dray/durant get extremely underrated just to prop up curry which is nuts... we are going to see just how great curry is this year without 2 guys being the primary defenders.... This is a huge *** test for curry and one he needs to prove... If he is that great they should still be a top seed out west

They're all home grown drafted and grown, why does anyone care to hold one down to prop the other up? lol

Depends on the roster, if we have this finals roster next season then not even Micheal Jordan would be expected to lead them to a top seed so I don't really know what your comment is supposed to mean..

A 4 5 seed should be fine.

nastynice
06-20-2019, 01:20 PM

Faaaaar more efficient. It's like night and day, and that's WITH Curry getting 10 free throws a game. Curry also had a worse NET rtg at -4.4. Worse turnover ratio with Steph at 8 something and Klay at 5 something. This is all with Steph performing inconsistently and one game inflating his stats. Klay was far more consistent.

Their Sportvu defensive metrics are about even, but if we consider that Klay guarded better players while Curry was hidden on brickshot Danny Green the entire series, I'd argue Klay was better on defense overall. The specific numbers reflect that though they're nearly even - Steph's defensive metrics are inflated at the 3-point line (-9.8) because Green was bricking, whereas Klay obliterated him everywhere else on the court defensively and was consistent everywhere.

No matter what any pro-Steph fan want to argue, Klay was objectively better statistically in the finals. And since we're 5 finals in for GS and Steph has yet to indisputably be the best player in the series, I'm not willing to throw statistics in the trash just because 'zOmG hIs GrAvItY iS iNcReDiBlE!!!'

Haha, omg man, you guys really don't understand this team. Klay and Curry have completely different roles. At the end of the day, Klay and Dray play a role, curry is a system.

There were games where Draymond was better than Curry. There were games where Klay shot better than Curry. But curry was the best player this series and it wasn't really close. It's too bad he bricked that **** at the end of game 6, you really missed how great a game he had.

His first 2 finals he was indisputably the best player on the warriors, lol, where you even getting this stuff from?

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 01:21 PM

Gosh dammit Vee-Rex!!!!!!!

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Haha, omg man, you guys really don't understand this team. Klay and Curry have completely different roles. At the end of the day, Klay and Dray play a role, curry is a system.

There were games where Draymond was better than Curry. There were games where Klay shot better than Curry. But curry was the best player this series and it wasn't really close. It's too bad he bricked that **** at the end of game 6, you really missed how great a game he had.

His first 2 finals he was indisputably the best player on the warriors, lol, where you even getting this stuff from?

Lmfao!!!! You may be confused with the fact that yes curry is the best player but he has not performed as the best player in the finals. He did not perform better than Klay in the finals this year and arguably Draymond who almost averaged a triple double and played far better defense.

COOLbeans
06-20-2019, 01:50 PM

You do realize Curry was chucking up 70 + footers multiple times per game throughout the finals right? :confused:

COOLbeans
06-20-2019, 01:54 PM
They're all home grown drafted and grown, why does anyone care to hold one down to prop the other up? lol

Depends on the roster, if we have this finals roster next season then not even Micheal Jordan would be expected to lead them to a top seed so I don't really know what your comment is supposed to mean..

A 4 5 seed should be fine.

I think some of these dudes are legitimately obsessed and jealous of Steph Curry.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2019, 01:59 PM

Oh I know Curry is the system. I know good and well how and why he is. He is a better player than Klay and Dray - for sure, there's no question about that. However, that does not mean he is performing the best on the Warriors each and every series. That's the distinction I'm making.

If you disagree, let me ask you this hypothetical: If Curry goes 0/20 every game in a 7 game series - does that still means he outplayed his teammates and had a better performance ~just because he's still the system~?

The obvious answer is No. And this is the loophole Curry-dites give him when he plays badly. Just because you're the system or main focal point or best player on team doesn't mean you're the best player in a given series. And in the 2019 NBA Finals, Klay outperformed Steph.

Steph has a real consistency issue that is being overlooked. Arguably he was the best performer on the 2015 team - but it's not conclusive/indisputable. Iguodala won MVP as a result of his own play and Steph's getting locked down by Delly in half the series.

But even if you were to say Steph was the best on his team in the 2015 finals - he CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2016 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2017 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2018 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2019 finals. That's a lot of finals performances (4/5) where you can definitively say he wasn't the best performer on his team.

This is the truth and something that cannot simply be ignored when discussing Steph's all-time status/ranking.

Edit: Dudes will castrate and prosecute LeBron for not being the best player on his team in the 2011 Finals vs. the Mavs, yet is it not fair to bring up Curry's similar issues?

nastynice
06-20-2019, 02:01 PM
When Kaly was on the floor he is was better. They even went to the triangle and two :speechless:

When Klay was on the floor he wasnt the focal point of our offense or torontos defense. He was a shooter.

Box + 1!

Vee-Rex
06-20-2019, 02:01 PM
You do realize Curry was chucking up 70 + footers multiple times per game throughout the finals right? :confused:

Do you know how many?

Why don't you find that information and do the math, see how much of a difference it makes in his TS% (ftr - i can find that information but I'm not going to do the work for you). I guarantee Klay's TS% and efficiency would still be much higher. If you want ME to do the work then I'll do it as long as you're willing to concede the point when you're proven wrong.

nastynice
06-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Lmfao!!!! You may be confused with the fact that yes curry is the best player but he has not performed as the best player in the finals. He did not perform better than Klay in the finals this year and arguably Draymond who almost averaged a triple double and played far better defense.

lollll!

You guys are savage!

nastynice
06-20-2019, 02:08 PM
I think some of these dudes are legitimately obsessed and jealous of Steph Curry.

I think a lot is to do with the fact that he's undersized, under strength. You can see a guy like kd just over length the guy in front of him and just beat him, LeBron over power, its easy to see. But curry plays within a team, so people don't seem to actually understand what role he plays on this team and what he's actually doing on the floor and what the effect of that is. I think people are just so used to stats or drive and kick to a shooter, and our offense is so diff.

So they don't really understand what it is they are actually watching, kinda, lol

nastynice
06-20-2019, 02:15 PM
Oh I know Curry is the system. I know good and well how and why he is. He is a better player than Klay and Dray - for sure, there's no question about that. However, that does not mean he is performing the best on the Warriors each and every series. That's the distinction I'm making.

If you disagree, let me ask you this hypothetical: If Curry goes 0/20 every game in a 7 game series - does that still means he outplayed his teammates and had a better performance ~just because he's still the system~?

The obvious answer is No. And this is the loophole Curry-dites give him when he plays badly. Just because you're the system or main focal point or best player on team doesn't mean you're the best player in a given series. And in the 2019 NBA Finals, Klay outperformed Steph.

Steph has a real consistency issue that is being overlooked. Arguably he was the best performer on the 2015 team - but it's not conclusive/indisputable. Iguodala won MVP as a result of his own play and Steph's getting locked down by Delly in half the series.

But even if you were to say Steph was the best on his team in the 2015 finals - he CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2016 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2017 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2018 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2019 finals. That's a lot of finals performances (4/5) where you can definitively say he wasn't the best performer on his team.

This is the truth and something that cannot simply be ignored when discussing Steph's all-time status/ranking.

Edit: Dudes will castrate and prosecute LeBron for not being the best player on his team in the 2011 Finals vs. the Mavs, yet is it not fair to bring up Curry's similar issues?

LeBron and Wade played flip the coin in Miami. Golden state doesn't do that.

Curry was far and away the best performer in the warriors in 2019 finals. Draymond had 1-2 better games, but they were just great ****in games too. Klay had better shooting nights.

Let's put it this way. Game 6 if curry goes out with injury and not Klay, the games pretty much gonna be lost from that point moving forward. Curry was able to give us a shot at the end.

Curry creates shots for guys like Quinn Cook, Andrew bogut, Alphonso mckinnie, if the warriors are good it's because curry is good. Klay doesn't do that. Nor was he asked to. He was asked to remain the shooter he's always been.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2019, 02:22 PM
I think a lot is to do with the fact that he's undersized, under strength. You can see a guy like kd just over length the guy in front of him and just beat him, LeBron over power, its easy to see. But curry plays within a team, so people don't seem to actually understand what role he plays on this team and what he's actually doing on the floor and what the effect of that is. I think people are just so used to stats or drive and kick to a shooter, and our offense is so diff.

So they don't really understand what it is they are actually watching, kinda, lol

https://pics.me.me/thumb_regular-season-steph-curry-vs-finals-steph-curry-den-30-15029275.png

nastynice
06-20-2019, 02:23 PM
lol, Seth be smackin em tho!

Vee-Rex
06-20-2019, 02:24 PM
lol, Seth be smackin em tho!

Yah that's true lol

Hawkeye15
06-20-2019, 04:37 PM

Curry was far and away the best performer in the warriors in 2019 finals. Draymond had 1-2 better games, but they were just great ****in games too. Klay had better shooting nights.

Let's put it this way. Game 6 if curry goes out with injury and not Klay, the games pretty much gonna be lost from that point moving forward. Curry was able to give us a shot at the end.

Curry creates shots for guys like Quinn Cook, Andrew bogut, Alphonso mckinnie, if the warriors are good it's because curry is good. Klay doesn't do that. Nor was he asked to. He was asked to remain the shooter he's always been.

huh? LeBron James has always, and I mean ALWAYS, had to be the best player on the floor for his team to win a series. Not once has he been bailed out of playing subpar for an entire series. VeeRex is right, we just kill him for that series, though it may be because when you get on the Jordan argument level, and run out of things to nitpick, you go after the one blemish there is.

Curry has had plenty of series where for whatever reason, he just wasn't dominant, and his inconsistencies have always plagued him. But most players are like that, which is why it's so hard to climb into top 10 ever.

nastynice
06-20-2019, 05:03 PM
huh? LeBron James has always, and I mean ALWAYS, had to be the best player on the floor for his team to win a series. Not once has he been bailed out of playing subpar for an entire series. VeeRex is right, we just kill him for that series, though it may be because when you get on the Jordan argument level, and run out of things to nitpick, you go after the one blemish there is.

Curry has had plenty of series where for whatever reason, he just wasn't dominant, and his inconsistencies have always plagued him. But most players are like that, which is why it's so hard to climb into top 10 ever.

What I meant by that comment is that lebron and Wade is a diff comparison because they both essentially played the same role (at least in regards to x's and o's) in Miami. Klay curry is a diff comparison because they play completely diff roles on the team. If Klay is hot, Curry's job is to search him out and get him looks. If Curry's is hot, it is up to him to search his own shot out within the movement of the offense. They play very diff roles in our system.

ewing
06-20-2019, 05:04 PM
If anyone scores on GS it bc of Curry

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 05:10 PM
If anyone scores on GS it bc of Curry

On both sides of the ball

Hawkeye15
06-20-2019, 05:17 PM
What I meant by that comment is that lebron and Wade is a diff comparison because they both essentially played the same role (at least in regards to x's and o's) in Miami. Klay curry is a diff comparison because they play completely diff roles on the team. If Klay is hot, Curry's job is to search him out and get him looks. If Curry's is hot, it is up to him to search his own shot out within the movement of the offense. They play very diff roles in our system.

ah, gotcha.

COOLbeans
06-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Do you know how many?

Why don't you find that information and do the math, see how much of a difference it makes in his TS% (ftr - i can find that information but I'm not going to do the work for you). I guarantee Klay's TS% and efficiency would still be much higher. If you want ME to do the work then I'll do it as long as you're willing to concede the point when you're proven wrong.

Curry sees a significant boost in every statistical shooting and field goal category without those 75 footers. Klay also didn’t have the entire defense keyed in on him. Are you unaware of the defensive schemes devoted to stopping Curry in the finals? Are you truly comparing Curry and Thompson’s impact on offense in context with what their respective jobs and roles are on the team?

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 09:19 PM

you cant actually believe this right?

ewing
06-20-2019, 09:21 PM
Curry sees a significant boost in every statistical shooting and field goal category without those 75 footers. Klay also didn’t have the entire defense keyed in on him. Are you unaware of the defensive schemes devoted to stopping Curry in the finals? Are you truly comparing Curry and Thompson’s impact on offense in context with what their respective jobs and roles are on the team?

Truly

tredigs
06-20-2019, 11:31 PM

You HAVE to be ****ing kidding with this?

Did you not take notice of the full on onslaught that Curry was under? Do we REALLY need to sparse out why the efficiency numbers are what they are, and who was clearly driving the team?

I love Klay and he plays his role excellently on most occasions, but please don't ****ing confuse who is running the show. The Raptors and every other team the Warriors have ever faced sure don't.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 11:41 PM

You HAVE to be ****ing kidding with this?

Did you not take notice of the full on onslaught that Curry was under? Do we REALLY need to sparse out why the efficiency numbers are what they are, and who was clearly driving the team?

I love Klay and he plays his role excellently on most occasions, but please don't ****ing confuse who is running the show. The Raptors and every other team the Warriors have ever faced sure don't.

so when durant is off the floor and klay is carrying curry gets the credit because the other team is focused on stopping him? but when durant is on the floor and curry goes off and the teams focus is stopping durant while durant is also guarding the other teams best player curry is the driving force best player still even though he is literally open because durant is being game planned against???? so at the end of the day its anything that helps prop curry up even if statistics which you love show that klay was down right better? interesting : )

tredigs
06-20-2019, 11:42 PM
31/5/6 on a 60% TS against that D - and more importantly the D he faced - is crazy.

Take out the seven 65+ foot heaves he took in that series (3 in Game 4) and it's a 63% TS. Very, very few players in history can put up that volume on that efficiency. Forget the defense.

Shame half the Warriors went down. Should have been another ship had he had most of his crew.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 11:46 PM
31/5/6 on a 60% TS against that D - and more importantly the D he faced - is crazy.

Take out the seven 65+ foot heaves he took in that series (3 in Game 4) and it's a 63% TS. Very, very few players in history can put up that volume on that efficiency. Forget the defense.

Shame half the Warriors went down. Should have been another ship had he had most of his crew.

you mean had iggy/durant/klay/cousins/green carried? its alright brother... just know and let this sink in... the real finals were the sixers/raptors when the actual 2 best teams faced off. :love:

tredigs
06-20-2019, 11:49 PM
so when durant is off the floor and klay is carrying curry gets the credit because the other team is focused on stopping him? but when durant is on the floor and curry goes off and the teams focus is stopping durant while durant is also guarding the other teams best player curry is the driving force best player still even though he is literally open because durant is being game planned against???? so at the end of the day its anything that helps prop curry up even if statistics which you love show that klay was down right better? interesting : )

Try to use some stats or at least multiple examples dude. Because frankly you're a complete ****ing dunce when it comes to evaluating this team and I need to flesh out what you're trying to say.

Rest assure, it is more than proven that Curry is by far the most important/best player on the team and Klay is a distant 4th (God love em).

tredigs
06-20-2019, 11:53 PM
you mean had iggy/durant/klay/cousins/green carried? its alright brother... just know and let this sink in... the real finals were the sixers/raptors when the actual 2 best teams faced off. :love:

Huh? What is this drivel. Your troll game's weak MTM.

The Sixers just may have peaked btw. 2nd round knockout. Epic.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 11:54 PM
Try to use some stats or at least multiple examples dude. Because frankly you're a complete ****ing dunce when it comes to evaluating this team and I need to flesh out what you're trying to say.

Rest assure, it is more than proven that Curry is by far the most important/best player on the team and Klay is a distant 4th (God love em).

welcome back... you have been playing it safe the last few days.... i havent seen you call anybody an idiot or anything and it was worrying. :cheers:

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 11:55 PM
Huh? What is this drivel. Your troll game's weak MTM.

The Sixers just may have peaked btw. 2nd round knockout. Epic.

took the champs to 7 games and got beat on a buzzer beater..... you guys got beat by curry bricking a wide open last second shot when the raptors were legit trying to lose. Hell id trust ben simmons taking a last second shot over curry at this point lmfao

tredigs
06-20-2019, 11:57 PM
took the champs to 7 games and got beat on a buzzer beater..... you guys got beat by curry bricking a wide open last second shot when the raptors were legit trying to lose. Hell id trust ben simmons taking a last second shot over curry at this point lmfao
God you embarrass yourself. Why do I even let you respond to me. I shouldn't let you put yourself on blast like that. It honestly feels like a hate crime.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 11:58 PM
God you embarrass yourself. Why do I even let you respond to me.

tredigs
06-21-2019, 12:01 AM
;) Night friends

nastynice
06-21-2019, 01:38 AM

No it's not that curry gets the credit, it's that you're looking at them on the surface, like comparing how many shots each took and made, that's a bogus comparison because they were asked to do such diff things, Klay SHOULD have more efficient numbers.

Klay brings that defense tho, so that's a major point of value for him over curry, but offensively curry is carrying a much bigger load than Klay. Cousins played good but the rest of that roster no one can really even get their own shot, much less reliably shoot deep (outside of cook who's major undersized), yet look how everyone was talking about ball movement leading to buckets. It's predicated on curry and actually Draymond green a lot too. Green is super high IQ. What Klay and green do Offensively is kinda what curry does combined

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 09:05 AM
It’s like warriors fans didn’t see curry choking and being outplayed by 1 maybe 2 of his teammates in the finals. Yes we know he’s better than them but he didn’t perform like it, that’s what we’re saying. Curry has never done wrong in warriors fans eyes lmao

ewing
06-21-2019, 10:18 AM
It’s like warriors fans didn’t see curry choking and being outplayed by 1 maybe 2 of his teammates in the finals. Yes we know he’s better than them but he didn’t perform like it, that’s what we’re saying. Curry has never done wrong in warriors fans eyes lmao

He's a star. Stars get defensive attention.

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 10:56 AM
He's a star. Stars get defensive attention.

Exactly

nastynice
06-21-2019, 12:23 PM

Curry had a good finals. He dissected that defense over and over in game 6. He had a broken roster right down to the wire to steal that game. Outside of the bricked **** at the end he had a great game.

I'm just tryina teach you a little basketball, that's all, lol, you can keep bashing the guy, don't let me stop that

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Curry had a good finals. He dissected that defense over and over in game 6. He had a broken roster right down to the wire to steal that game. Outside of the bricked **** at the end he had a great game.

I'm just tryina teach you a little basketball, that's all, lol, you can keep bashing the guy, don't let me stop that

There’s nothing you can teach me, you said earlier you don’t even understand what all goes in to the box-1 defense. I promise you there’s nothing you can teach me. I understand what curry was doing out there and he was outplayed but 1 and arguably 2 players on his team. They just simply came up bigger than him. It is what it is.

tredigs
06-21-2019, 02:25 PM
There’s nothing you can teach me, you said earlier you don’t even understand what all goes in to the box-1 defense. I promise you there’s nothing you can teach me. I understand what curry was doing out there and he was outplayed but 1 and arguably 2 players on his team. They just simply came up bigger than him. It is what it is.

:laugh: Incredible.

"There's nothing you can teach me" followed by thinking Curry - the guy who dropped 31/5/6 on elite efficiency against an absurd defense game gunning to stop him as objective 1,2 and 3 was "outplayed by 2 players on his team". This site never fails.

You could easily argue Curry was the best and most impactful player in the series period. It was 1A/1B with Kawhi. The 2-7 massively favored Toronto, specifically in the 1.5 games Klay missed (at that point Curry just has absolutely zero help offensively, and no rational onlooker could expect them to beat a legitimate contender in that scenario), and that allowed them to scrape out the series win.

Let me guess, you're the type of guy who would argue Draymond > Curry as a playmaker because he has a higher assist total?

Cal827
06-21-2019, 03:24 PM
:laugh2: We needed this fun during the entire NBA playoffs (damn bans)

If Philly-GS meet in the finals one year, I'm just gonna stay online all day to watch the Tre-MTM wars... I'm sure my job will understand :laugh2

Also Steph was 31-5-6 on 60% TS? Damn, and that was with Toronto locking on him (I didn't actually look up the numbers). Also didn't Steph tie the game in game 5 after Toronto looked like they pulled away (between 3s by Thompson)? I know Vanvleet was in his face for that one.

Also, Steph didn't have an open 3 at the end of game 6 :laugh2:... I'm pretty sure Ibaka was in his face for that one too.

nastynice
06-21-2019, 03:36 PM

Ok, that's fine, all 3 guys are all 3 golden state drafted and grown, I got no issue giving credit where credit is due. You just legitimately don't understand this offense, if you are saying curry was outplayed by Draymond and Klay then you just legitimately don't understand the x's and o's that was taking place on the court. It's not a knock on you, but your limitation should be understood and acknowledged.

I said I don't necessarily understand the box + 1 in its entirety, but I do understand it better than you do, should be kinda obvious from this convo..

How did Klay and Dray outperform curry? What's your reasoning behind that comment..?

nastynice
06-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Also, Steph didn't have an open 3 at the end of game 6 :laugh2:... I'm pretty sure Ibaka was in his face for that one too.

He's gotta hit that shot tho. He had the air space, doesn't matter if Ibaka got in his face or not, he shoulda gotten it up quicker

ewing
06-21-2019, 03:40 PM

"There's nothing you can teach me" followed by thinking Curry - the guy who dropped 31/5/6 on elite efficiency against an absurd defense game gunning to stop him as objective 1,2 and 3 was "outplayed by 2 players on his team". This site never fails.

You could easily argue Curry was the best and most impactful player in the series period. It was 1A/1B with Kawhi. The 2-7 massively favored Toronto, specifically in the 1.5 games Klay missed (at that point Curry just has absolutely zero help offensively, and no rational onlooker could expect them to beat a legitimate contender in that scenario), and that allowed them to scrape out the series win.

Let me guess, you're the type of guy who would argue Draymond > Curry as a playmaker because he has a higher assist total?

No its because he creates pace and collapses the defensive pushing it up the gut. He is also clearly a better passer. Curry draws attention which results in guys getting open but he not a great play maker (cue the hockey assist stat)

nastynice
06-21-2019, 03:42 PM
Also Steph was 31-5-6 on 60% TS? Damn, and that was with Toronto locking on him (I didn't actually look up the numbers). Also didn't Steph tie the game in game 5 after Toronto looked like they pulled away (between 3s by Thompson)? I know Vanvleet was in his face for that one.

The guy was close to averaging a triple double one year, yet the narrative on him is he shrinks in the finals, lol.

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Lmao I told y’all it would happen! Curry had that huge game in the finals to inflate his stats in a loss of course and warriors fans are going to try to use his inflated number to defend him. Told y’all this would happen lmao. Anyone who watched without the homer goggles on will tell you curry underperformed. He wasn’t good. Klay easily outplayed, Draymond is debatable. You all are ridiculous. Most impactful player? He was getting outplayed by FVV in the elimination game lol.

Cal, that was an open shot curry missed. That’s a shot he hits all the time (just not when the lights are the brightest) and he would tell you he would love to have that one back and he’ll take that look 10 times out of 10

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 04:06 PM
I got to give you all props though. I think warriors fans may have passed LeBron and Kobe fans when it comes to elite level dick riding. I have never seen a player get so many passes and have so many excuses year after year as curry gets, it amazes me. And then the type of **** you all say to defend him when he clearly got outplayed by Klay, “well curry was the one dribbling around and people were looking at him and **** while Klay was killing” I’ve just never seen a player get so many excuses and get defended by the same lame *** arguments

Saddletramp
06-21-2019, 05:35 PM

Hold up, if Curry had “elite efficiency” yet Klay was more efficient, then Klay had what? Super elite efficiency? Elite is the top, and Klay was better efficiently.

Curry’s numbers were good (although inflated by the numbers in that loss, which he couldn’t replicate when Klay was playing because.....more people were on him when Klay was out? Less people were in him when Klay was in? Doesn’t make sense). But he was not playing like a former 2 time MVP and champion.

LeBron beat the healthy-across-the-board Warriors 2 games back in ‘15 without Love and Kyrie but Curry couldn’t beat the Raptors with Green and Iguadala? Not to mention Cousins and some of the others were on par with that Cavs roster.

When KD came in and had the monster quarter I thought “He’s about to prove that the Warriors do, in fact, need him to win.” Turns out it just worked out a little different but it’s still the case.

As far as this thread, some are overrating him, some are underrating him. You sir, are overrating him.

Cal827
06-21-2019, 05:57 PM
Hold up, if Curry had “elite efficiency” yet Klay was more efficient, then Klay had what? Super elite efficiency? Elite is the top, and Klay was better efficiently.

Curry’s numbers were good (although inflated by the numbers in that loss, which he couldn’t replicate when Klay was playing because.....more people were on him when Klay was out? Less people were in him when Klay was in? Doesn’t make sense). But he was not playing like a former 2 time MVP and champion.

LeBron beat the healthy-across-the-board Warriors 2 games back in ‘15 without Love and Kyrie but Curry couldn’t beat the Raptors with Green and Iguadala? Not to mention Cousins and some of the others were on par with that Cavs roster.

When KD came in and had the monster quarter I thought “He’s about to prove that the Warriors do, in fact, need him to win.” Turns out it just worked out a little different but it’s still the case.

As far as this thread, some are overrating him, some are underrating him. You sir, are overrating him.

Bit of a side note, I'd love to see how Klay would do as the 1A guy on a team. I mean, I know he was in 2015/2016 title runs, but with a few more years under his belt and experience, I feel a team led by him would be really good. I kinda feel he's a bit of a lesser version of Kawhi as he's a very good defender as well (did a pretty good job along with Green/Iggy rotating on Kawhi in the finals, and we've seen what he can do in general)

nastynice
06-21-2019, 07:29 PM
I got to give you all props though. I think warriors fans may have passed LeBron and Kobe fans when it comes to elite level dick riding. I have never seen a player get so many passes and have so many excuses year after year as curry gets, it amazes me. And then the type of **** you all say to defend him when he clearly got outplayed by Klay, “well curry was the one dribbling around and people were looking at him and **** while Klay was killing” I’ve just never seen a player get so many excuses and get defended by the same lame *** arguments

I think you're just a heavy hater, that's what it comes down to. You don't even understand what you are criticizing. You just said van vleet outplayed curry, so it's clear you don't have a good understanding of this game. You've just basically been going on emo rants all thread.

I don't know what specifically has your sights on curry, but I'm guessing because you are hearing people say he is at least as good if not better than Wade, lol

I'm not even defending curry really, I'm just telling you why saying Klay outperformed curry is inaccurate, because you are under the impression they do the same thing and so you are comparing their numbers straight across the board. Klay is a piece of an offense. Curry is an offense. These are two very different things which carry two very different expectations.

You think I'm saying this to defend curry but I'm not, I'm saying this because you don't understand the difference in each players role. Curry's team lost he deserves all the blame regardless, none of what I say changes that. But again, I'm just trying to teach you how this team actually plays you don't really seem to have a clue.

nastynice
06-21-2019, 07:31 PM

Bit of a side note, I'd love to see how Klay would do as the 1A guy on a team. I mean, I know he was in 2015/2016 title runs, but with a few more years under his belt and experience, I feel a team led by him would be really good. I kinda feel he's a bit of a lesser version of Kawhi as he's a very good defender as well (did a pretty good job along with Green/Iggy rotating on Kawhi in the finals, and we've seen what he can do in general)

You cannot run an offense through Klay. It's just not part of his skill set.

He can be a potent offensive weapon next to a playmaker, however.

nastynice
06-21-2019, 07:35 PM
Lmao I told y’all it would happen! Curry had that huge game in the finals to inflate his stats in a loss of course and warriors fans are going to try to use his inflated number to defend him. 0

lol, what an idiot, which game inflated his numbers for that series?

ewing
06-21-2019, 07:54 PM
I think you're just a heavy hater, that's what it comes down to. You don't even understand what you are criticizing. You just said van vleet outplayed curry, so it's clear you don't have a good understanding of this game. You've just basically been going on emo rants all thread.

I don't know what specifically has your sights on curry, but I'm guessing because you are hearing people say he is at least as good if not better than Wade, lol

I'm not even defending curry really, I'm just telling you why saying Klay outperformed curry is inaccurate, because you are under the impression they do the same thing and so you are comparing their numbers straight across the board. Klay is a piece of an offense. Curry is an offense. These are two very different things which carry two very different expectations.

You think I'm saying this to defend curry but I'm not, I'm saying this because you don't understand the difference in each players role. Curry's team lost he deserves all the blame regardless, none of what I say changes that. But again, I'm just trying to teach you how this team actually plays you don't really seem to have a clue.

Your out of your element Donnie

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 08:05 PM

You think I'm saying this to defend curry but I'm not, I'm saying this because you don't understand the difference in each players role. Curry's team lost he deserves all the blame regardless, none of what I say changes that. But again, I'm just trying to teach you how this team actually plays you don't really seem to have a clue.I will tell you as a Raptor fan, for whatever reason the only time i feared curry was the half court heaves. It seemed like Curry's points never came when the game was in doubt. Klay however was the guy who constantly kept them afloat with his shots.

Saddletramp
06-21-2019, 08:11 PM

Lol, the loss without Klay. He scored a lot of points......and it was never really close. He needs top end guys like Klay and KD to help him. And Green. And Iguadala. And Cousins.

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 08:53 PM

Gosh damn, nobody can be this ignorant. I refuse to believe it. The game he had 47 obviously.

WaDe03
06-21-2019, 08:55 PM

Ok everyone respond to this with a simple yes or no, did FVV outplay curry in game 6?

Keep in mind FVV hit big shot after big shot to close the game and curry was asking for a switch because he didn’t want to guard Fred.

nastynice
06-21-2019, 09:03 PM
I will tell you as a Raptor fan, for whatever reason the only time i feared curry was the half court heaves. It seemed like Curry's points never came when the game was in doubt. Klay however was the guy who constantly kept them afloat with his shots.

Sure, Klay shot better than Curry, and in bigger moments, but Klay didn't have to keep initiating the offense and constantly relied on the one to get looks for guys who can't get their own. This doesn't apply to cousins, that guy went n got his for 2-3 games, but outside of Klay and KD and cook almost no one can get a shot on their own, iggy and Livingston are visibly not what they were 2-3 years ago.

Curry did a lot more than shoot, and he played his role quite well except of course his shooting coulda been better.

When kd went down, and cousins, it's curry who adjusted, Klay pretty much played his same exact game, it was curry that took all the weight. And he didn't deliver, and that's fine I concede that, you either win or lose and warriors lost, but I'm saying this comparison to Klay is just not a good one. Klay shot better but curry overall played better, just still not good enough. Go ahead and knock him for that. That's fine. He lost. He deserves to be knocked for it. But when you say Klay played better than Curry, you legitimately just don't understand something about the warriors x's and o's. I'm just pointing that out

nastynice
06-21-2019, 09:06 PM
Lol, the loss without Klay. He scored a lot of points......and it was never really close. He needs top end guys like Klay and KD to help him. And Green. And Iguadala. And Cousins.

Gosh damn, nobody can be this ignorant. I refuse to believe it. The game he had 47 obviously.

You geniuses realize I mentioned Curry's 2017 finals, the post after which this guy said I told you someone would use his inflated game, then I asked which game was inflated in that series, and you responded with a game from THIS series

Bro, ease up the hate, it's messing ur mind up, lol

nastynice
06-21-2019, 09:11 PM

So school me my new york knickerbocker fan friend

Saddletramp
06-21-2019, 09:18 PM
Sure, Klay shot better than Curry, and in bigger moments, but Klay didn't have to keep initiating the offense and constantly relied on the one to get looks for guys who can't get their own. This doesn't apply to cousins, that guy went n got his for 2-3 games, but outside of Klay and KD and cook almost no one can get a shot on their own, iggy and Livingston are visibly not what they were 2-3 years ago.

Curry did a lot more than shoot, and he played his role quite well except of course his shooting coulda been better.

When kd went down, and cousins, it's curry who adjusted, Klay pretty much played his same exact game, it was curry that took all the weight. And he didn't deliver, and that's fine I concede that, you either win or lose and warriors lost, but I'm saying this comparison to Klay is just not a good one. Klay shot better but curry overall played better, just still not good enough. Go ahead and knock him for that. That's fine. He lost. He deserves to be knocked for it. But when you say Klay played better than Curry, you legitimately just don't understand something about the warriors x's and o's. I'm just pointing that out

So Curry has to get everyone else open except for Klay, KD, Cousins, and Cook. And Livingston has never been a shooter and Iguadala hit a couple of big shots including what was a game ender. How much help does he need?

Saddletramp
06-21-2019, 09:21 PM
You geniuses realize I mentioned Curry's 2017 finals, the post after which this guy said I told you someone would use his inflated game, then I asked which game was inflated in that series, and you responded with a game from THIS series

Bro, ease up the hate, it's messing ur mind up, lol

We didn’t misunderstand. You did. Go back and see where you ****ed up and come back and apologize.

Saddletramp
06-21-2019, 09:22 PM

A mod should change nastynice’s sig to “I am the Walrus?”

nastynice
06-21-2019, 09:33 PM
So Curry has to get everyone else open except for Klay, KD, Cousins, and Cook. And Livingston has never been a shooter and Iguadala hit a couple of big shots including what was a game ender. How much help does he need?

But Livingston used to be able to go get a shot in the post. We could always pepper in a few plays for him. We couldn't do that this year.

What do you mean how much help does he need? I'm saying these other guys are offensively non threats unless curry makes them a threat, or green, curry green combo. So what curry did was very different than what Klay did. What do you mean how much help does he need? How is this a coherent response to what I just said?

nastynice
06-21-2019, 09:35 PM
We didn’t misunderstand. You did. Go back and see where you ****ed up and come back and apologize.

lol!

ewing
06-21-2019, 09:49 PM
So school me my new york knickerbocker fan friend

Star players get defensive attention. This doesn't make Curry any more special then KL or other big time stars. Most teams don't floor 5 guys that can create for themselves. Look at the Raptors most of there players can't create for themselves. Curry get the attention like others star players and he does not play with a team that is overly limited offensively. You are acting like his challenges and situation make it unreasonable to judge like we would other stars on the same stage. You are wrong.

tredigs
06-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Star players get defensive attention. This doesn't make Curry any more special then KL or other big time stars. Most teams don't floor 5 guys that can create for themselves. Look at the Raptors most of there players can't create for themselves. Curry get the attention like others star players and he does not play with a team that is overly limited offensively. You are acting like his challenges and situation make it unreasonable to judge like we would other stars on the same stage. You are wrong.

For one, no, other players don't get the attention he recieved. But we will let that slide.

Beyond that, are you acting like he under performed? He was a beast. I honestly have no clue how they were a shot away from forcing a game 7.

All Love to KD, but if it's him and no Curry the Warriors are out in the 2nd round. I missed that part of the playoffs, but do you guys realize that? Or?..

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 11:21 PM

When kd went down, and cousins, it's curry who adjusted, Klay pretty much played his same exact game, it was curry that took all the weight. And he didn't deliver, and that's fine I concede that, you either win or lose and warriors lost, but I'm saying this comparison to Klay is just not a good one. Klay shot better but curry overall played better, just still not good enough. Go ahead and knock him for that. That's fine. He lost. He deserves to be knocked for it. But when you say Klay played better than Curry, you legitimately just don't understand something about the warriors x's and o's. I'm just pointing that outYou are just repeating what you said to someone else, you only answered me directly in the first sentence of this

Jamiecballer
06-21-2019, 11:23 PM
[emoji23]
For one, no, other players don't get the attention he recieved. But we will let that slide.

Beyond that, are you acting like he under performed? He was a beast. I honestly have no clue how they were a shot away from forcing a game 7.

All Love to KD, but if it's him and no Curry the Warriors are out in the 2nd round. I missed that part of the playoffs, but do you guys realize that? Or?..Dude, wake up. He was underwhelming as hell.

Vee-Rex
06-21-2019, 11:52 PM
Dude, wake up. He was underwhelming as hell.

Yep.

One game (and 10 ftpg) inflated his TS%.

He was not consistent at all. The first banana must be consistent.

Idgaf if he scored 100 points in one game on 25/25 3pt and the rest in fts and 2pts - if he underwhelms in most of the other games then we can't simply ignore it. Dudes wanna ignore consistency in a playoff series and you simply can't. And this is only on one side of the court here we're talking about.

I freaking love Steph but I will hold him accountable unlike some people. If he plays like his regular season self then the Warriors force a game 7 and possibly win the finals.

Chronz
06-22-2019, 12:04 AM

All Love to KD, but if it's him and no Curry the Warriors are out in the 2nd round. I missed that part of the playoffs, but do you guys realize that? Or?..

i tried telling them all that losing in G6 of the NBA finals with a signficantly depleted roster only PROVES his superiority over the likes of KD.

nastynice
06-22-2019, 12:12 AM
You are just repeating what you said to someone else, you only answered me directly in the first sentence of this

Yea because you musta missed it..

nastynice
06-22-2019, 12:15 AM

No, raptors are a compete team. We went top end over depth and lack of depth was obvious. We started Alphonso Mckinney. We woulda killed to have Patrick McCaw back. These are players who already can't get playing time on other teams, numerous steps ahead of what we had on the floor.

nastynice
06-22-2019, 12:18 AM

Yea, there's not a player in the league you could have subbed in for curry that wins that game with that roster against those raptors. Point blank.

But somehow fgm/fga overrides all that, lol

The funny thing is, his game 2 wasn't even good. All his shots did was keep it from a full fledge blow out. Never hit shots to pull us even. The rest of the series he was good tho, made plays when we needed.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2019, 12:29 AM
bruh stop with the KD/Curry stuff... Its over... and its going to get further destroyed next year watching him without klay and durant... He cant do what guys like durant/lebron/giannis/embiid/KL and several other guys on the list can in this sport.

tredigs
06-22-2019, 12:30 AM
Yea, there's not a player in the league you could have subbed in for curry that wins that game with that roster against those raptors. Point blank.

But somehow fgm/fga overrides all that, lol

The funny thing is, his game 2 wasn't even good. All his shots did was keep it from a full fledge blow out. Never hit shots to pull us even. The rest of the series he was good tho, made plays when we needed.
Hah yeah listen man, there's a reason why the same player leads his team to the Finals - in the ****ing West - for a half decade straight.

Curry is who you go through to win a title. Period. Raptors definitely know that.

tredigs
06-22-2019, 12:35 AM
bruh stop with the KD/Curry stuff... Its over... and its going to get further destroyed next year watching him without klay and durant... He cant do what guys like durant/lebron/giannis/embiid/KL and several other guys on the list can in this sport.
:laugh: imagine being MTM.

PM me if you come up on some money and want to take up sports betting homie. I got you. : )

nastynice
06-22-2019, 12:36 AM

Def true, but also they can't do what curry does

More-Than-Most
06-22-2019, 12:37 AM
:laugh: imagine being MTM.

smart/amazing/massive penis/incredibly thoughtful and a really fun guy to be around.... : ) who wouldnt want this or to be this.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2019, 12:39 AM
Def true, but also they can't do what curry does

tbf nobody can do what curry does... much like i doubt anybody can do what giannis does or what lebron did or what KD does or what embiid does etc.... Curry has an insane skillset... i have never questioned this. When you are like top 7-8 in this sport you have a skill set that cant be matched by anyone currently... curry has insane value but i think the value of KD/Lebron/KL/Giannis is by far more impactful over curry and trust me i hate giannis and now KL.

tredigs
06-22-2019, 12:45 AM
tbf nobody can do what curry does... much like i doubt anybody can do what giannis does or what lebron did or what KD does or what embiid does etc.... Curry has an insane skillset... i have never questioned this. When you are like top 7-8 in this sport you have a skill set that cant be matched by anyone currently... curry has insane value but i think the value of KD/Lebron/KL/Giannis is by far more impactful over curry and trust me i hate giannis and now KL.

Well, you're wrong. And it's why Curry is always the one in the Finals my dude. I'm not sure how much more clearly he could dick slap you in the face year, after year, after year, after year... affffter year... : /

You got very fortunate half our team went down this year because just KD falling victim wasn't enough (and I KNOW you know that). Next year will be fun...

More-Than-Most
06-22-2019, 01:00 AM
Well, you're wrong. And it's why Curry is always the one in the Finals my dude. I'm not sure how much more clearly he could dick slap you in the face year, after year, after year, after year... affffter year... : /

You got very fortunate half our team went down this year because just KD falling victim wasn't enough (and I KNOW you know that). Next year will be fun...

the reason he is always in the finals is because Klay/Dray/Iggy/Cousins/Durant type talent... he finally got to the finals and was missing 1 guy and got schooled horribly and outplayed yet again by his own teammate in Klay all while he had to guard wait for it.... Green at the perimeter lololol

WaDe03
06-22-2019, 01:01 AM
Hah yeah listen man, there's a reason why the same player leads his team to the Finals - in the ****ing West - for a half decade straight.

Curry is who you go through to win a title. Period. Raptors definitely know that.

KD is the best player on that team, Klay will tell you that too. Hell curry probably would.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2019, 01:05 AM
KD is the best player on that team, Klay will tell you that too. Hell curry probably would.

after the texts he sent him to get him there... hed probably bend over for KD as well if we are being honest... so yea he would def admit KD is the best player just to keep him

tredigs
06-22-2019, 01:10 AM
the reason he is always in the finals is because Klay/Dray/Iggy/Cousins/Durant type talent... he finally got to the finals and was missing 1 guy and got schooled horribly and outplayed yet again by his own teammate in Klay all while he had to guard wait for it.... Green at the perimeter lololol

I wish I could time-capsule posts so a more reasoned 55 year old MTM could ***** slap the man that stands before us.

WaDe03
06-22-2019, 01:13 AM
Klay with 30 through 3 quarters just absolutely carrying his team and fighting for a win then tears his acl, curry finished with like 23 while getting outgunned by FVV down the stretch. Curry played better than Klay in game 6 somehow didn’t he?