PDA

View Full Version : Should the NBA have their own version of a “seven second runoff”?

Saddletramp
06-14-2019, 05:15 AM
Should the NBA have their own version of a “seven second runoff”?

The Warriors called a timeout in Game 6 to stop the clock. Problem is, they didn’t have any more timeouts. They lost possession and the Raptors got a technical foul with .09 seconds left on the clock. More than likely, it never woulda mattered, BUT, it coulda mattered. The Raptors had a 1 point lead that went to a 2 point lead and then they could’ve lost possession somehow giving the ball back to the Warriors. If the Warriors didn’t call a timeout, game over.

Regardless of what actually happened, it’s kind of ******** that a team could create a penalty (call a timeout without having one) and then still have a chance to win even though the game would have been over if they didn’t call for the timeout that they didn’t have.. Should the NBA adopt a seven second runoff type rule?

Chronz
06-14-2019, 06:43 PM
this is stupid, we've already addressed the issue after the suns celtics thing

warfelg
06-14-2019, 06:49 PM
I think a technical and loss of possession is enough of a penalty.

mike_noodles
06-14-2019, 06:51 PM
I was saying last night that we should be able to decline the penalty and have the game be over, lol.

goingfor28
06-14-2019, 07:32 PM
I think a technical and loss of possession is enough of a penalty.This

Saddletramp
06-14-2019, 11:41 PM
Well, alright then.

Cal827
06-15-2019, 11:43 AM
I get what you're saying, but I don't think it happens enough for them to make a rule change over it. If this was a consistent tactic by team, then yeah I get what you're saying, but this was out of absolute desperation in a do or die game by the Warriors (and possibly a brain fart by Green).

What I didn't get from the game was how no time ran off the clock for Iggy's foul on Leonard.. It was at 0.9, and the foul was given at 0.9 :laugh2: I know Iggy fouled him extremely quickly, but at least a tenth should've come off I would think :laugh2: Otherwise that's a foul and the ball back anyways