PDA

View Full Version : Does something have to be done about Injuries and FTs?

More-Than-Most
06-14-2019, 03:01 AM
I feel like tonight has shown something.... Klay was forced to come back out run/hop just to take free throws because there is no actual time to diagnose and get a guy back on the court who is injured and the guy not taking the FTA is then eliminated from the game if he cant take those FTs... I feel like this rule needs to be changed... Nobody should be forced to leave the game if they cant take FT because they got injured on the play that got them the FT and I know it can potentially be abused but not enough to warrant forcing a dude with a torn acl to come back out and shoot 2 FTA.... A quick fix would be just let the other team choose who shoots the FT and move on... Being kicked out of the game to me is just ****ed.

Saddletramp
06-14-2019, 05:21 AM
I feel like tonight has shown something.... Klay was forced to come back out run/hop just to take free throws because there is no actual time to diagnose and get a guy back on the court who is injured and the guy not taking the FTA is then eliminated from the game if he cant take those FTs... I feel like this rule needs to be changed... Nobody should be forced to leave the game if they cant take FT because they got injured on the play that got them the FT and I know it can potentially be abused but not enough to warrant forcing a dude with a torn acl to come back out and shoot 2 FTA.... A quick fix would be just let the other team choose who shoots the FT and move on... Being kicked out of the game to me is just ****ed.

Doesnít apply if itís a flagrant. If itís a normal foul, sure. Canít shoot it, canít play. No problem with that.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Why does everything have to be a problem!?!?!? The rule is fine. The only way youíre not shooting FTís is if you physically canít stand or raise your arms. And if itís that bad - yeah sit this one out.

Jesus people. RELAX. Not every little thing needs to be a controversy. We live in the most sensitive society ever.

likemystylez
06-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Doesnít apply if itís a flagrant. If itís a normal foul, sure. Canít shoot it, canít play. No problem with that.

agreed.... the flip side of it is that a poor free throw shooter could say he needs to retape his ankles or something completely innocuous to avoid shooting the free throw. Its not as if the incident that happened to Klay is anything close to a common situation.

GoferKing_
06-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Yep, no need to change the rule, it is good as it is. You cant shoot you cant play.