PDA

View Full Version : Does KAWHI have the luxury of load management as a Clipper?

LaVar Ball
06-12-2019, 12:31 PM
I can understand load management in Toronto where thereís 2-3 heavyweights (MIL, TOR, PHI, and sorta BOS) and rest of the east was meh.

But if Kawhi is the only max guy in Clipperland (assuming KD injury prevents Clippers getting him), in the Wild Wild West, can he get load managed and take 20 games off?

I think he can afford to do it as a Laker if Bron & AD are on the team to share the load.

Thoughts

aman_13
06-12-2019, 03:03 PM
This is a good question. I'm sure they will propose this to him but I doubt they can get away with allowing Kawhi to sit 20 games in the west and win.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
06-12-2019, 03:19 PM
The reason the Raptors got away with it is because they have a core in place that has been together for some time. They were able to win 17 games out of the 22 that Kawhi missed.

I donít think the Clippers would be able to rest Kawhi for 22 games, because Gallinari is very injury prone and is almost certain to miss that many games also.

The Clippers only have Williams, Gallinari, Harrel, SGA, Shamet and a couple prospects under contract so who knows what their roster will actually look like when next season comes around. I donít think we can answer the question until we have a better idea of who else will be on their team.

kdspurman
06-12-2019, 03:43 PM
The reason the Raptors got away with it is because they have a core in place that has been together for some time. They were able to win 17 games out of the 22 that Kawhi missed.

I donít think the Clippers would be able to rest Kawhi for 22 games, because Gallinari is very injury prone and is almost certain to miss that many games also.

The Clippers only have Williams, Gallinari, Harrel, SGA, Shamet and a couple prospects under contract so who knows what their roster will actually look like when next season comes around. I donít think we can answer the question until we have a better idea of who else will be on their team.

Pretty much this. He never played a full season in SA either, but like TOR, they also had a core in place where they were able to win games without him.

All depends on who's around him.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 03:43 PM
He will have it as a Laker. Him & Lbj can sit out 15 games each.

Chronz
06-12-2019, 04:29 PM
lol, they won almost as many games with kawhi playing zero for them

smith&wesson
06-12-2019, 06:03 PM
lol, they won almost as many games with kawhi playing zero for them

True but that is with the make up of the roster this year. Itís hard to predict what theyíre gonna look like next season. If they get Kawhi they would still need to round out the roster. All depends on the cast around him if they can sustain a season with him going through load management imo.

Chronz
06-13-2019, 01:54 AM
True but that is with the make up of the roster this year. Itís hard to predict what theyíre gonna look like next season. If they get Kawhi they would still need to round out the roster. All depends on the cast around him if they can sustain a season with him going through load management imo.

Hes got the requisite talent to make the playoffs in the west without him playing, no matter what you think of the team and how you round it out, you cant deny Kawhi improves an already established core. But yea, a few moves here and there and they will accomodate.

LaVar Ball
06-13-2019, 02:02 AM
This talk of Raptors core is a flawed statement.

Lowry, Ibaka, Siakam & VanVleet. I guess if you wanna call that a core. But really thatís only 4 guys.

Everyone else is new. Kawhi, Danny Green, Marc Gasol.

And plus they were under Casey last yr. this is a new system under Nurse.