PDA

View Full Version : Should KD sue the Warriors' medical staff?

NBA_Starter
06-11-2019, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure if he can sue them for clearing him and putting his career in jeopardy or not but he surely could pick up that cool $31,500,000 player option and hurt the team while he sits on the bench all of next season injured and hamstring the Dubs from making any other significant moves while their core three minus maybe Klay continue to age at a rapid rate!

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 07:13 PM
troll thread

NBA_Starter
06-11-2019, 07:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzKCh6T0OG0

dhopisthename
06-11-2019, 07:37 PM
I am sure the medical staff told him the risks of playing and he played anyways.

aman_13
06-11-2019, 07:39 PM
He won't and i am betting he is going to pick up his player option, sit the year and then test FA the following season. That's assuming he will be out that long, i don't think we have gotten the official report on the injury.

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Could teams sue players for intentionally milking an injury and cashing their pay checks?

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 07:42 PM
He won't and i am betting he is going to pick up his player option, sit the year and then test FA the following season. That's assuming he will be out that long, i don't think we have gotten the official report on the injury.

We have not- but based on the raw emotion we are hearing about in the locker room...... and the players reaction to the injury during the post game presser. I think they kinda know.

aman_13
06-11-2019, 07:51 PM
We have not- but based on the raw emotion we are hearing about in the locker room...... and the players reaction to the injury during the post game presser. I think they kinda know.

Yeah it does seem like he tore his Achilles. I hope i am wrong.

beasted86
06-11-2019, 07:51 PM
His best bet is to sign a new contract with the Warriors this summer. Ask for a trade later if needed.

rocket
06-11-2019, 08:08 PM
it's 2019 and we still got ppl making threads like it's 2012.

Yeah dude he should totally sue them haha! :shrug:

i remember when i was 12

Vee-Rex
06-11-2019, 09:44 PM
I would.

They hit the panic button, knowing the Splash brothers weren't good enough and forced KD to play when he wasn't ready. Classless.

kdspurman
06-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Could teams sue players for intentionally milking an injury and cashing their pay checks?

I would like to know this as well :hide:

ewing
06-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Totally [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 10:04 PM
I would.

They hit the panic button, knowing the Splash brothers weren't good enough and forced KD to play when he wasn't ready. Classless.

The player and his representatives always have the final say. The MRI's were clean, Kevin durant was able to get through shoot around. Im sure he was well aware of the risks, but figured it was 3 games... chances are he would be fine. It didnt work out.

Now if he played game 5, and the Achilles was completely flaired up and lower calf was swollen and the team said it was fine for him to keep going..... yeah thatd be rough. But the player ultimately decides.

Unfortunately- this was like the worst of the worst. I think he was thinking- it might not feel right after a couple hard push offs and he would be able to re think things before the worst case scenario happened.

Cracka2HI!
06-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Such a bad take. I can understand why the media is running with it. They already have no accountability and blame is the most popular news story these days. Of course the media has to stoke the flames. You're an absolute tool if you think KD didn't know what he was risking or that the Warriors somehow forced him to play. I was not a KD fan before last night. I am now. What a Warrior.

TrueFan420
06-11-2019, 10:37 PM
I would.

Come on Vee youíre better than that

ohreally
06-11-2019, 11:52 PM
I assume KD wanted to play, but I doubt he was told he would be at any higher risk of such a serious injury. It didnít matter anyway, because it was the teamís responsibility to save him from himself.

It seems to me that the medical staff missed something here. Maybe not, but it certainly seems that way.

Can question Kerr playing him that long as well, though he did look good and Kerr was probably told the same thing KD was.

If I were KD, i would want to get out of there as quickly as possible at this point. If I had been undecided before last night, I wouldnít be now.

I donít know if he can or should sue for monetary compensation just yet, but I would definitely want to get all related records on the tests done and any communications relating to the tests or his availability to play.

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 12:20 AM
I assume KD wanted to play, but I doubt he was told he would be at any higher risk of such a serious injury. It didnít matter anyway, because it was the teamís responsibility to save him from himself.

It seems to me that the medical staff missed something here. Maybe not, but it certainly seems that way.

Can question Kerr playing him that long as well, though he did look good and Kerr was probably told the same thing KD was.

If I were KD, i would want to get out of there as quickly as possible at this point. If I had been undecided before last night, I wouldnít be now.

I donít know if he can or should sue for monetary compensation just yet, but I would definitely want to get all related records on the tests done and any communications relating to the tests or his availability to play.

kind of hard..... apparently the MRI's looked clean. Was there a risk of re injuring it and it being very serious? OF COURSE.... not sure how likely they honestly believed that was to happen given the info on the condition of the injury they had.

But at the same time, there are players all over playing through injuries that could get far worse. It sucks that it happened... but there was pressure to play because it was the NBA finals. KD likely tuned out people trying to tell him dont take the risk.

Aside from that- In his mind there was probably also a risk not playing. If he didnt play- and sat there and let his team get slaughtered. Other teams might wonder how bad he was hurt and question signing him. I am aware that the way things played out- he is in a far worse situation now than he would have been with those question marks- but how likely was it for the absolute worse case scenerio to happen 11 minutes in?

More-Than-Most
06-12-2019, 12:21 AM
I would.

this... all week long and before they were quilting him into playing

nastynice
06-12-2019, 01:18 AM
. It didnít matter anyway, because it was the teamís responsibility to save him from himself.

y.

Yup. This is a bad look for the warriors. They shouldn't have allowed it to happen. They should have stopped him.

He only practiced one day.

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 01:45 AM
Yup. This is a bad look for the warriors. They shouldn't have allowed it to happen. They should have stopped him.

at the same time though- the warriors sit key players during the playoffs more often than any other team. In the last 3-4 seasons. Curry has missed over 3 complete rounds. Cousins missed almost 3 rounds this year alone. Iggy missed half the Rockets series including 2 possible elimination games and the first 2 or 3 games in the finals last season.

Meanwhile- Look at other teams. Leonard has had a significant leg injury the last 2-3 rounds and he hasnt missed a single game.

Last round- Lillard had a cracked rib and he was out there playing over 40 minutes a night. Kanter was playing with a separated Shoulder

James Harden was playing with his retina carved open.

Its unfortunate that this happened- but the warriors are on the extremely conservative end of the spectrum when you look at the overall picture. I understand people get caught in the moment. My guess is- Most teams would have tried to bring KD back 3-4 days after the original injury in the Houston series so they didnt lose.

nastynice
06-12-2019, 02:13 AM
at the same time though- the warriors sit key players during the playoffs more often than any other team. In the last 3-4 seasons. Curry has missed over 3 complete rounds. Cousins missed almost 3 rounds this year alone. Iggy missed half the Rockets series including 2 possible elimination games and the first 2 or 3 games in the finals last season.

Meanwhile- Look at other teams. Leonard has had a significant leg injury the last 2-3 rounds and he hasnt missed a single game.

Last round- Lillard had a cracked rib and he was out there playing over 40 minutes a night. Kanter was playing with a separated Shoulder

Its unfortunate that this happened- but the warriors are on the extremely conservative end of the spectrum when you look at the overall picture. I understand people get caught in the moment. My guess is- Most teams would have tried to bring KD back 3-4 days after the original injury in the Houston series so they didnt lose.

Maybe you're right, I don't know, but he wasn't on most teams he was on the warriors, and it's the warriors staff that he as a player puts his trust in and let him down.

He is so great, I just hope he comes back and plays at this level again in tbe nba. The warriors owe him max offers all around and then he should just move forward how he sees fit, wether here or somewhere else.

I don't blame him if he wants to leave, as an organization we let him down

Rush
06-12-2019, 02:43 AM
this... all week long and before they were quilting him into playing

Stahp.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 07:15 AM
He could have said no. No one forced him to play.

SiteWolf
06-12-2019, 08:02 AM
We really need 3 threads just to talk about Durant's injury? I mean, this isn't the Patriots.

R. Johnson#3
06-12-2019, 08:19 AM
This is the most American thread ever!

More-Than-Most
06-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Stahp.

honestly its an overall issue with guys not being tough enough etc that come from locker rooms ... nobody should ever play if they are legit as bad as he was... its just not worth.

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Maybe you're right, I don't know, but he wasn't on most teams he was on the warriors, and it's the warriors staff that he as a player puts his trust in and let him down.

He is so great, I just hope he comes back and plays at this level again in tbe nba. The warriors owe him max offers all around and then he should just move forward how he sees fit, wether here or somewhere else.

I don't blame him if he wants to leave, as an organization we let him down

Let him down. Why do you not believe he knew the risks.... and chances of something going wrong. The warriors didnt know he would rip his achilles. Was there a chance he could have a serious injury. YES!!!! but that applies to anyone who steps on the floor, anyone who comes back from any injury.

what percentage of teams do you think would have refused to let him play and punt an NBA finals when he was insisting on playing. Raptors have no problem with Leonard playing through his injury- LOL and Leonard wont even let them check him outr.... jeesh talk about dangerous, yet nobody is talking about that.

ewing
06-12-2019, 10:16 AM
This is the most American thread ever!

Ohh snap. Canada in 6!

nastynice
06-12-2019, 02:59 PM
He could have said no. No one forced him to play.

He's a player. Of course he's going to say I'll play. That's not his responsibility, that's the responsibility of the warriors staff around him.

nastynice
06-12-2019, 03:02 PM
Let him down. Why do you not believe he knew the risks.... and chances of something going wrong. The warriors didnt know he would rip his achilles. Was there a chance he could have a serious injury. YES!!!! but that applies to anyone who steps on the floor, anyone who comes back from any injury.

what percentage of teams do you think would have refused to let him play and punt an NBA finals when he was insisting on playing. Raptors have no problem with Leonard playing through his injury- LOL and Leonard wont even let them check him outr.... jeesh talk about dangerous, yet nobody is talking about that.

Of course they didn't know itd tear. But given how he got injured he shouldn't have been out there. I understand it's life, and people make mistakes, and believe me I understand medicine is not an exact science, a lot of it is trends and percentages. But if someone's Achilles is damaged enough that it could just go like that, they shoulda been resting.

It's 100% after the fact that I'm saying this. Obviously I figured a gimpy Durant used as a spot up shooter would be a good idea but after seeing that, oh hell no. He should not have been out there. Period.

Jamiecballer
06-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Could teams sue players for intentionally milking an injury and cashing their pay checks?No. Nonetheless, the whole idea of players suing the team seems far-fetched... but, I do think Jalen Rose's comments just 24 hours earlier do make this an interesting thing to consider. If there were not so many people validating how much Duramt wanted to get out there I think that would have made things very interesting.

As it is Jalen's words are still very damaging to the Warriors.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

smith&wesson
06-12-2019, 03:27 PM
If Durant wanted to play it safe then thereís no way anyone could force him to play. Kinda like the Spurs and Kawhi. But Durant himself wanted to be out there and made the decision. I think both sides have to take some blame.

But imagine being in the Warriors shoes, your player wants to play and you want to try to retain his services in the offseason. The last thing you wanna do is piss him off by not allowing him to play.

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 05:00 PM
If Durant wanted to play it safe then thereís no way anyone could force him to play. Kinda like the Spurs and Kawhi. But Durant himself wanted to be out there and made the decision. I think both sides have to take some blame.

But imagine being in the Warriors shoes, your player wants to play and you want to try to retain his services in the offseason. The last thing you wanna do is piss him off by not allowing him to play.

From the sounds of things less than a week ago. Regardless of how the warriors handled this situation or whether they did everything absolutely perfectly every step of the way in every aspect of taking care of KD- ODDS were strongly pointing towards him leaving.

I honestly dont think this incident made it any less likely to stay at Golden State.

Odd thing I noticed though. We all suspected that it was a torn achilles. I saw a tweet a few hours ago showing KD in the hospital after a successful surgery. The warriors never put out a release confirming the official injury diagnosis. They sort of lead people to believe that they would have an update after the MRI.... and it just kind of was always assumed it was a torn achilles.

formula101
06-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Nah mang, his own doctor cleared him to play.

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Nah mang, his own doctor cleared him to play.

where did you hear that?

Not saying I know it to be false, just your the only one whos mentioned it as far as ive heard.

formula101
06-12-2019, 06:08 PM
You think they made that mofo play? He's a grown assed man. He got his own doctors.

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 06:08 PM
From the sounds of things less than a week ago. Regardless of how the warriors handled this situation or whether they did everything absolutely perfectly every step of the way in every aspect of taking care of KD- ODDS were strongly pointing towards him leaving.

I honestly dont think this incident made it any less likely to stay at Golden State.

Odd thing I noticed though. We all suspected that it was a torn achilles. I saw a tweet a few hours ago showing KD in the hospital after a successful surgery. The warriors never put out a release confirming the official injury diagnosis. They sort of lead people to believe that they would have an update after the MRI.... and it just kind of was always assumed it was a torn achilles.

After reading some of what KD is saying..... I actually think he is more likely to re sign with the warriors now than he was 1-2 weeks ago. (Obviously no way anyone knows for sure)- but he is still 100% behind the warriors. I dont know if that means anything once July 1 comes around.

A few weeks ago I was thinking the warriors had maybe a 20% chance of bringing him back (Which is higher than I thought they had of getting him in the first place back in 2016). Now I think its around 50/50.

Heres the kicker though- Im not sure I want him (especially on the contract that I am hearing about where the warriors essentially give him an opt out every single summer)

Cal827
06-12-2019, 06:29 PM
I would like to know this as well :hide:

Breaking News:

Spurman Sues Kawhi Leonard before game 6 of the NBA finals.

... Also I poke fun, but I fully understand the Spurs fanbase's disdain for Kawhi... I had the same for Carter so many years ago for not playing/half-***ing his time here before being traded... it's one of the things I'm surprised people still troll Skip Bayless over :laugh2:

Vee-Rex
06-12-2019, 06:30 PM

Well said.

Quinnsanity
06-12-2019, 06:37 PM

First of all, the Warriors won't be paying Durant's salary next season if he's on the roster. Most of it will be covered by insurance, as the league mandates that all player contracts must be insured for extreme injuries. That doesn't account for the cap charge obviously, but the raw cash cost is lessened significantly.

But I know that's not what anyone really wants to know. The answer to this, from a legal perspective, is no. Players are not obligated to play while injured, and it's not as though they have any objective way of proving that Durant would be healthy enough to play next season even if he actually was. Only he knows how he feels, but any doctor would tell them that it is not uncommon for a player, especially one in his 30s, to need a full year to recover from a ruptured Achilles tendon. So long as he doesn't say anything stupid like "**** the Warriors, I'm sitting out all of next year no matter how healthy I am," he's fine.

More to the point, this would be a public relations disaster. Putting aside the fact that perception is the single biggest influencer of jury trials, can you imagine how players would feel if the Warriors did that? "They forced him to play when he wasn't ready, now they're suing him for not playing after an injury they caused?" I'm not even saying that's the reality, because frankly, it isn't. But that's how it would be perceived. And no player would ever want to play there again. Guaranteed contracts exist for a reason. The union fought hard for that ****, and the NFL doesn't have it. In the NBA, you get paid whether you are healthy or not. There is nothing teams can do about it. If Durant opts in, he doesn't have to play, and he is on their books.

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 06:40 PM
First of all, the Warriors won't be paying Durant's salary next season if he's on the roster. Most of it will be covered by insurance, as the league mandates that all player contracts must be insured for extreme injuries. That doesn't account for the cap charge obviously, but the raw cash cost is lessened significantly.

But I know that's not what anyone really wants to know. The answer to this, from a legal perspective, is no. Players are not obligated to play while injured, and it's not as though they have any objective way of proving that Durant would be healthy enough to play next season even if he actually was. Only he knows how he feels, but any doctor would tell them that it is not uncommon for a player, especially one in his 30s, to need a full year to recover from a ruptured Achilles tendon. So long as he doesn't say anything stupid like "**** the Warriors, I'm sitting out all of next year no matter how healthy I am," he's fine.

More to the point, this would be a public relations disaster. Putting aside the fact that perception is the single biggest influencer of jury trials, can you imagine how players would feel if the Warriors did that? "They forced him to play when he wasn't ready, now they're suing him for not playing after an injury they caused?" I'm not even saying that's the reality, because frankly, it isn't. But that's how it would be perceived. And no player would ever want to play there again. Guaranteed contracts exist for a reason. The union fought hard for that ****, and the NFL doesn't have it. In the NBA, you get paid whether you are healthy or not. There is nothing teams can do about it. If Durant opts in, he doesn't have to play, and he is on their books.

I wasnt necessarily referring to Durant in the 2019-2020 season.

formula101
06-12-2019, 08:06 PM
The black doc woulda just told him take some Tylenol, lol

A black doc woulda just slapped the **** outta him told him to go play and stop bein a cupcake

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Going to be having a insight stay tuned, check my post soon

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:40 AM
100% agree where's the post interview on his decision?

TheDish87
06-13-2019, 09:27 AM
lol sue for what exactly? his contract is fully guaranteed ,his future earnings will not change as its been reported teams will still offer him a full max. also he 10000% knew the risks in playing, he wanted to be the hero and try to go out as a face instead of the heel he became

More-Than-Most
06-13-2019, 09:42 AM
lol sue for what exactly? his contract is fully guaranteed ,his future earnings will not change as its been reported teams will still offer him a full max. also he 10000% knew the risks in playing, he wanted to be the hero and try to go out as a face instead of the heel he became

dumbest thing i have ever heard. congrats. He came back because he was trying to help them win period... they needed him and yet you still diminish even that with such an awful take.... how could he know the risks exactly? Is he a doctor? How many times have we watched a player go back in when hurt... Hell favre did it years back with a concussion and cant remember anything he did in the 2nd half... you want other examples? just stop.... players have 0 clue when or when they shouldnt go back in because they arent doctors... these guys arent machines and shouldnt be treated like such... All year we have heard **** about embiid/KL for not playing in back to backs or limiting themselves because of the risk of injury etc and yet its cool to push a player back in after 1 practice because its the finals and because the team needs him health be damned? It has 0 to do with the warriors and all to do with the sports culture and how we think these guys are machines and **** on them for not playing 82 games a year 48 minutes a game or playing sick like Jordan did or playing with a shattered jaw like the boston player just did in hockey... its a sport.... if the doctors cant do their jobs then why are they there exactly?

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 10:28 AM
dumbest thing i have ever heard. congrats. He came back because he was trying to help them win period... they needed him and yet you still diminish even that with such an awful take.... how could he know the risks exactly? Is he a doctor? How many times have we watched a player go back in when hurt... Hell favre did it years back with a concussion and cant remember anything he did in the 2nd half... you want other examples? just stop.... players have 0 clue when or when they shouldnt go back in because they arent doctors... these guys arent machines and shouldnt be treated like such... All year we have heard **** about embiid/KL for not playing in back to backs or limiting themselves because of the risk of injury etc and yet its cool to push a player back in after 1 practice because its the finals and because the team needs him health be damned? It has 0 to do with the warriors and all to do with the sports culture and how we think these guys are machines and **** on them for not playing 82 games a year 48 minutes a game or playing sick like Jordan did or playing with a shattered jaw like the boston player just did in hockey... its a sport.... if the doctors cant do their jobs then why are they there exactly?

Ok so what about when the opposite happens. Like with D rose or Leonard. All the doctors are clearing him for all basketball activities, and the player is saying something doesnt feel right. Should they play the player because he isnt a doctor, and the doctors are saying he is good to go???

Also- it happens all the time esp in the playoffs. Players are out there when they most likely wouldnt be during a pre season game or regular season. Do you think Leonard would have been playing the last month with his injury if this was January? Do you think Lillard would have played with a broken rib if it was an October Pre season game??

Klay is out there, Boogie is out there, Looney has been out there. Leonard and Lowry are out there- to think the magnitude of the game doesnt have anything to do with a guy getting on the floor with all teams except the warriors is ridiculous.

Based on all the key players who have missed entire playoff rounds for the warriors in the last 4 or 5 yrs- You could make the point that the warriors overall are more likely than the average team to sit a guy if he isnt ready to go in the post season.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 10:33 AM

I think the idea is that an injury to this level has a good chance at effecting future earnings. Even if he gets the same contract offers (which appears likely)- KD is a household name. The money his name could have made him through the next 18 months or so in marketing/ sponsors/ off the court income will almost definitely take a significant hit.

My guess is that suing the warriors is almost impossible though. Aside from there likely being disclaimers in his contract......If he and his agent were on board with coming back early, then there is just too much grey area to for the warriors to be held completely liable.

Furthermore- Based on how KD is talking, it doesnt sound like he believes the warriors are at fault.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Ok so what about when the opposite happens. Like with D rose or Leonard. All the doctors are clearing him for all basketball activities, and the player is saying something doesnt feel right. Should they play the player because he isnt a doctor, and the doctors are saying he is good to go???

Also- it happens all the time esp in the playoffs. Players are out there when they most likely wouldnt be during a pre season game or regular season. Do you think Leonard would have been playing the last month with his injury if this was January? Do you think Lillard would have played with a broken rib if it was an October Pre season game??

Klay is out there, Boogie is out there, Looney has been out there. Leonard and Lowry are out there- to think the magnitude of the game doesnt have anything to do with a guy getting on the floor with all teams except the warriors is ridiculous.

Based on all the key players who have missed entire playoff rounds for the warriors in the last 4 or 5 yrs- You could make the point that the warriors overall are more likely than the average team to sit a guy if he isnt ready to go in the post season.

KL just shut that argument down completely... he clearly isnt healthy and wasnt then... they wanted him to go but there is something overall that is wrong... He will likely never be 100 percent now and because they tried to rush him back he lacked trust in them and they had a falling out... If the doctors do their job and say someone is healthy and the player doesnt think he is and refuses to play that is what fines etc are for correct? Trades correct? Cuts correct? There is 50 different options a team has where is a player HAS to go out and play and trust the doctors period.... That isnt a 2 way street.... Doctors should do their jobs and not do their jobs depending on the current situation... if someone is injured it shouldnt matter if its a preseason or game 7 of the finals... what doctor clears a guy that sits for that long with a leg issue after 1 practice? That is worrying more about the situation over the player and that is ****ed and its not just the warriors but most sports.

are for the rest with you trying to be dense... did any of those guys suffer a leg injury/miss 2 weeks/practice once and play in a massive game? KL had a full year to rest.... A broken rib isnt the same as a leg injury... that is more pain management over any chance of an actual long term career ending injury unless the bone split and could puncture and organ or something which they could easily see... Try again?

More-Than-Most
06-13-2019, 10:40 AM
welcome to joel embiid and that moronic/stupid rockets game last year where he missed the final like 2 months because he knew better than doctors and said he could go and doctors instead of being doctors actually allowed it... **** that.... doctors need to do their job and players need to do theirs... if a doc says its not a good idea then guess what his *** rides the bench.... all sports except hockey are enforcing player safety first but then all that **** goes out the window the second its in prime time or playoff game.... Example go see the boston player destroy his jaw and force himself out there because its a game 6 in the finals.... i am all for tough *** dudes and want guys to play but players arent doctors and should have 0 say nomatter how they threaten/complain etc.... HE SHOULDNT HAVE PLAYED.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 11:06 AM
KL just shut that argument down completely... he clearly isnt healthy and wasnt then... they wanted him to go but there is something overall that is wrong... He will likely never be 100 percent now and because they tried to rush him back he lacked trust in them and they had a falling out... If the doctors do their job and say someone is healthy and the player doesnt think he is and refuses to play that is what fines etc are for correct? Trades correct? Cuts correct? There is 50 different options a team has where is a player HAS to go out and play and trust the doctors period.... That isnt a 2 way street.... Doctors should do their jobs and not do their jobs depending on the current situation... if someone is injured it shouldnt matter if its a preseason or game 7 of the finals... what doctor clears a guy that sits for that long with a leg issue after 1 practice? That is worrying more about the situation over the player and that is ****ed and its not just the warriors but most sports.

are for the rest with you trying to be dense... did any of those guys suffer a leg injury/miss 2 weeks/practice once and play in a massive game? KL had a full year to rest.... A broken rib isnt the same as a leg injury... that is more pain management over any chance of an actual long term career ending injury unless the bone split and could puncture and organ or something which they could easily see... Try again?

Leonard is playing with a leg injury right now tho. He hasnt missed a game at all!!! Iggy and Thompson are playing with leg injuries right now also.

IKnowHoops
06-13-2019, 12:06 PM

They sat them because they were hurt and could not play. Your giving them props for having injury prone guys? You would have a point if they were healthy and they were sat just to keep minutes low. But the point you are making effects nothing said thus far.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 12:25 PM
They sat them because they were hurt and could not play. Your giving them props for having injury prone guys? You would have a point if they were healthy and they were sat just to keep minutes low. But the point you are making effects nothing said thus far.

in 2017 against the Blazers- KD had a mild calf strain and they sat him the entire round. He himself said he could have gone, but was expecting a deep playoff run he wanted to be good for.

Last year- Curry was cleared by all doctors by the final game against the spurs. He sat the final game, and also sat the first game against the pelicans (Clearly for precaution and to get him a few extra days of conditioning)

last yr iggy had a bruise on his leg. nothing showed up on the MRI. He sat out 2 close out games.

Klay Thompson literally just missed a game less than a week ago where he was saying he was good to go, and the team was being extra careful. This was obvious when Kerr immediately said klay would be good to go for game 4. (Because he knew he was good to go for game 3 if they needed him)- Mind you, this was with the warriors knowing they were already down one huge contributor in KD. Not sure any team in the league sits a second of their top 3 players for a precaution in the finals.

What other teams are this cautious year after year in the playoffs

IKnowHoops
06-13-2019, 01:05 PM
A black doc woulda just slapped the **** outta him told him to go play and stop bein a cupcake

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IKnowHoops
06-13-2019, 01:10 PM
At the end of the day, I think everyone involved knows a good amount more than what they are saying.

One possibility is that they all knew it was achilies from the start, and that he was going to need surgery regardless. He went out there, it popped and he was done and he went and got the surgery he was already going to need no matter what. Similar to the John Wall situation. I could see everyone saying it was something diff, for a competitive advantage and to possibly protect KDís future contracts. But once it went for real, the cat was out of the bag and plan B commenced.

IKnowHoops
06-13-2019, 01:13 PM
in 2017 against the Blazers- KD had a mild calf strain and they sat him the entire round. He himself said he could have gone, but was expecting a deep playoff run he wanted to be good for.

Last year- Curry was cleared by all doctors by the final game against the spurs. He sat the final game, and also sat the first game against the pelicans (Clearly for precaution and to get him a few extra days of conditioning)

last yr iggy had a bruise on his leg. nothing showed up on the MRI. He sat out 2 close out games.

Klay Thompson literally just missed a game less than a week ago where he was saying he was good to go, and the team was being extra careful. This was obvious when Kerr immediately said klay would be good to go for game 4. (Because he knew he was good to go for game 3 if they needed him)- Mind you, this was with the warriors knowing they were already down one huge contributor in KD. Not sure any team in the league sits a second of their top 3 players for a precaution in the finals.

What other teams are this cautious year after year in the playoffs

Luckily they are stacked and donít need a full squad to beat most teams. But they were all hurt so Iím still not impressed that hurt players sat.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 01:21 PM
Luckily they are stacked and donít need a full squad to beat most teams. But they were all hurt so Iím still not impressed that hurt players sat.

tons of players are hurt and still playing. That happens in every round on every team. Your point that they all were not able to play is crazy talk though. klay was able to play last week. he was screaming it from the rooftop. It might be why the warriors are down 3-2. they could be up 3-2

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 01:26 PM
At the end of the day, I think everyone involved knows a good amount more than what they are saying.

One possibility is that they all knew it was achilies from the start, and that he was going to need surgery regardless. He went out there, it popped and he was done and he went and got the surgery he was already going to need no matter what. Similar to the John Wall situation. I could see everyone saying it was something diff, for a competitive advantage and to possibly protect KDís future contracts. But once it went for real, the cat was out of the bag and plan B commenced.

If they knew it was an achilles issue. (Which is possible). I retract everything I have said to protect the warriors. Not just because they brought him back.... but they allowed the media to think it was a mild calf strain that kept him out over a month. If they said its a damaged achilles from the start- I honestly dont think there is anywhere near the level of push for him to come back. If there was actual info that he was sitting because his achilles was weak and he didnt want to tear it before the biggest free agency period of his career- thats understandable. Unfortunately- I dont think anybody on the warriors would ever allow that info to come out if it were true. Which makes it guesses at this point. KD hasnt indicated that was the case though.

IKnowHoops
06-13-2019, 03:18 PM
If they knew it was an achilles issue. (Which is possible). I retract everything I have said to protect the warriors. Not just because they brought him back.... but they allowed the media to think it was a mild calf strain that kept him out over a month. If they said its a damaged achilles from the start- I honestly dont think there is anywhere near the level of push for him to come back. If there was actual info that he was sitting because his achilles was weak and he didnt want to tear it before the biggest free agency period of his career- thats understandable. Unfortunately- I dont think anybody on the warriors would ever allow that info to come out if it were true. Which makes it guesses at this point. KD hasnt indicated that was the case though.

Just heard Chris Broussard echo my exact sentiments

IKnowHoops
06-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Everyone and there mama thought there was an achilles injury in there. For Kerr to say he was shocked, means heís lying. Every thing about the injury looked like Achilles. You canít be shocked.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 03:38 PM
Everyone and there mama thought there was an achilles injury in there. For Kerr to say he was shocked, means heís lying. Every thing about the injury looked like Achilles. You canít be shocked.

very likely, but thats his story and hes sticking to it.

Aside from that, he did seem all over the place when saying where KD was in his recovery process....... just dont think warriors can be sued

SfgiantsJD3
06-13-2019, 04:21 PM

Do you think he was also lying when he said KD, KD's agent, and KD's second opinion doctor signed off?

Do you have any curiosity if the second opinion doctor is the one who performed the surgery?

Do you really believe that "Everyone and there mama" on the internet knows more than doctors with MRI's and face to face discussions with the patient?

KD isn't an 18 year old kid that would let a team DR bully him, the guy is knocking down over 54 million a year.

Scoots
06-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Stylez doesn't believe in injuries unless he can see bone on his TV screen.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Do you think he was also lying when he said KD, KD's agent, and KD's second opinion doctor signed off?

Do you have any curiosity if the second opinion doctor is the one who performed the surgery?

Do you really believe that "Everyone and there mama" on the internet knows more than doctors with MRI's and face to face discussions with the patient?

KD isn't an 18 year old kid that would let a team DR bully him, the guy is knocking down over 54 million a year.

Its also worth noting that he is paying an agent over 20 million a year for the sole Duty to look out for KD and his best interest. That agent was involved in every decision along the way. He was with KD going to the Hospital

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 05:12 PM

not so much I dont believe in injuries.

I just dont believe its an insane notion that a guy would try and go at less than 100% or perfectly optimal condition during the NBA finals.

SfgiantsJD3
06-13-2019, 06:17 PM

I just dont believe its an insane notion that a guy would try and go at less than 100% or perfectly optimal condition during the NBA finals.

See Kawii on the other team. Klay and Iggy and Loony on Warriors, Harden on Rockets, many more, they play if they don't think they can do more damage.

SfgiantsJD3
06-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Its also worth noting that he is paying an agent over 20 million a year for the sole Duty to look out for KD and his best interest. That agent was involved in every decision along the way. He was with KD going to the Hospital

Perfect example, if KD can't play and it affects the next contract, the agent loses money. Agent has a vested interest in whats best for KD, not the Warriors. KD going somewhere other than the Warriors costs the agent money on the NBA portion of income.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 06:20 PM
See Kawii on the other team. Klay and Iggy and Loony on Warriors, Harden on Rockets, many more, they play if they don't think they can do more damage.

Oh Klays hammy is tweaked- he could definitely do more damage. Same is true with Iggy and his strained calf. Im not sure what the lieklyhoods are- but it isnt unheard of for a tweaked hamstring to get re aggrivated. No doctor would say he couldnt cause more damage.

Vee-Rex
06-13-2019, 06:29 PM

Very well said.

It's the finals - no one is completely healthy. Can you imagine how many injuries Lowry has right now?

Jamiecballer
06-13-2019, 07:18 PM

I just dont believe its an insane notion that a guy would try and go at less than 100% or perfectly optimal condition during the NBA finals.The smoking gun here is Jalen Rose's comment 24 hours before he suited. For Jalen to say there was a workout and that things went bad on just about every level, and then the next day its "guess whose playing baby" is incredibly suspicious. If Jalen knew then so did a whole buncha guys for your side.

likemystylez
06-13-2019, 07:34 PM
The smoking gun here is Jalen Rose's comment 24 hours before he suited. For Jalen to say there was a workout and that things went bad on just about every level, and then the next day its "guess whose playing baby" is incredibly suspicious. If Jalen knew then so did a whole buncha guys for your side.

and nobody is putting any blame on KD's agent?

I mean you could argue the warriors had a serious amount of pressure on them. They are trying to help 13 other player on the roster survive.

KDs agent likely had all of the same information and his only responsibility was to look out for KD. Yet nobody is talking about him at all.

Jamiecballer
06-13-2019, 09:24 PM
and nobody is putting any blame on KD's agent?

I mean you could argue the warriors had a serious amount of pressure on them. They are trying to help 13 other player on the roster survive.

KDs agent likely had all of the same information and his only responsibility was to look out for KD. Yet nobody is talking about him at all.I dont know what you expect from a guy who is employed by Durant. I dont think it's strange that nobody is blaming the agent lol

ewing
06-14-2019, 12:20 AM
Just heard Chris Broussard echo my exact sentiments

you proud of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nastynice
06-14-2019, 01:24 AM

Bro you can literally see his Achilles snap and his muscle retract. You ain't seen that video?

Heediot
06-14-2019, 01:28 AM
gs is the better team fully healthy.

even with klay in there they had a chance based off of experience, but......i think the raps were destined to win it. but take that with a grain of salt as i am a spiritual person...

but based off aof skill and maythcup, raps were the better team minus kd.