PDA

View Full Version : Why the hate for being happy for an injury?

More-Than-Most
06-11-2019, 02:27 AM
Nobody is wishing a player gets injured and nobody wants a player injured but why do we not see the bigger picture? if the best player on the other team goes down everybody and their mom would be happy as the opposing fan base... Why do we look down on this? Winning is what matters... nobody intentionally hurt a player and i find it more annoying and disgusting with people saying AWWWWWWWW I WISH HE WAS HEALTHY over those who are happy a player is hurt because its fake period.... Durant is the best player in the world and him going down helps the raptors.... I love durant but if I am a raptor fan i am so beyond happy its nuts.

Dade County
06-11-2019, 02:51 AM
Its about cheering. You can be talking ish with your friends, but as soon as thousands of people start to cheer because a player is hurt, then that will bring out all sorts of emotions & hatred, towards those people cheering because a player got injured.

You have to be able to see this right?

Dade County
06-11-2019, 02:54 AM
What you are saying isn't crazy wrong, but there is a difference between you are happy as a fan because your team has a shot to win; and thousands of people are yelling happy because a player just injured themselves.

When GS goes back to Toronto, there is nothing those fans are going to be happy about.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-11-2019, 03:04 AM
I think they started chanting his name afterwards when they realized he was really hurt. Most fans in an arena doesn't have the right state of mind so most will cheer until they realize what really happened.

More-Than-Most
06-11-2019, 03:05 AM
Its about cheering. You can be talking ish with your friends, but as soon as thousands of people start to cheer because a player is hurt, then that will bring out all sorts of emotions & hatred, towards those people cheering because a player got injured.

You have to be able to see this right?

when KD was on the ground he didnt look injured... He looked like he had just gotten called for a travel or something and was mad and i feel like that is what the crowd though. Once they realized they cheered him when he got up and was able to walk off

Saddletramp
06-11-2019, 03:13 AM
I think youíre just used to this kind of thing, being from Philadelphia and all.

But yeah, I donít think that they realized what was going on till he hobbled off the court. It was a turnover and fast break and Durant just sat down not in any apparent pain for a bit.

mike_noodles
06-11-2019, 08:24 AM
For me, it's because it's poor sportsmanship. You're taught at the earliest levels of sports not to cheer for another player getting hurt, you cheer for them to get up and walk off the field. I'm disappointed by my fellow Raptors fans, very disappointed. And I understand the heat of the moment thing, but that's no excuse, you don't cheer for a player to get hurt. This isn't like the NFL or NHL where you're cheering the big hit and then correct course when you realize that there's an injury. The injury was apparent right from the outset.

IKnowHoops
06-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Nobody is wishing a player gets injured and nobody wants a player injured but why do we not see the bigger picture? if the best player on the other team goes down everybody and their mom would be happy as the opposing fan base... Why do we look down on this? Winning is what matters... nobody intentionally hurt a player and i find it more annoying and disgusting with people saying AWWWWWWWW I WISH HE WAS HEALTHY over those who are happy a player is hurt because its fake period.... Durant is the best player in the world and him going down helps the raptors.... I love durant but if I am a raptor fan i am so beyond happy its nuts.

You canít be serious. Go watch Fearless or IP man bro.

TheDish87
06-11-2019, 09:18 AM

nah dude only lowlifes cheer a serious injury to a player,. there is no place for that, show some respect. Its pretty telling when your own players have to tell you to knock it off. its a disgraceful look

TheDish87
06-11-2019, 09:20 AM
when KD was on the ground he didnt look injured... He looked like he had just gotten called for a travel or something and was mad and i feel like that is what the crowd though. Once they realized they cheered him when he got up and was able to walk off

oh buillshit, stop it. he pulled up in pain and dropped the ball. there was no doubt he was hurt from the second it happened.

TheDish87
06-11-2019, 09:21 AM
I think youíre just used to this kind of thing, being from Philadelphia and all.

But yeah, I donít think that they realized what was going on till he hobbled off the court. It was a turnover and fast break and Durant just sat down not in any apparent pain for a bit.

yea, no you dont see Philly fans cheering injuries. People jsut love to hate the city bcuz we are aggressive but we are one of the most respectful fan bases thats get no recognition for it.

MarkieMark48
06-11-2019, 09:30 AM
oh buillshit, stop it. he pulled up in pain and dropped the ball. there was no doubt he was hurt from the second it happened.

na, I agree with MTM. Toronto got on a fast break and by the time the play was over Durant was just sitting on the floor, not grimacing in any pain or anything. People in attendance were probably watching the play and not Durant limping before he sat down. The people right behind Durant were not cheering because they probably saw exactly what happened, because it all happened right infront of then. Of course I wasn't there, I'm just trying to put myself there and what I would be watching as a Raptors fan

TheDish87
06-11-2019, 09:40 AM
oh i get that some cheers are gonna happen as a result of the play and everything moving so fast. i looked clear to me but yea i wasnt there either, obviously. im more disagreeing with MTMs sorry *** logic on this though.

SteBO
06-11-2019, 11:47 AM
I don't give two ***** where your allegiances lie, cheering an injury is classless move. Handwaving it and throwing it under "fanaticism" doesn't change that fact. Good on Steph Curry for acknowledging the fact that those losers aren't representative of the fanbase as a whole, though. Don't think Draymond or DeMarcus were in the mood to do so.

smith&wesson
06-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Initially they cheered when he went down, but when he stayed down and it was an apparent injury they cheered for the guy.

smith&wesson
06-11-2019, 12:29 PM
I don't give two ***** where your allegiances lie, cheering an injury is classless move. Handwaving it and throwing it under "fanaticism" doesn't change that fact. Good on Steph Curry for acknowledging the fact that those losers are representative of the fanbase as a whole, though. Don't think Draymond or DeMarcus were in the mood to do so.

How do you say they represent the whole fan base ? Please dude. The crowd was hype for a ship thatís really all it is..

Toronto is probably the only fan base that has cheered ďKDĒ since he went to the warriors.

You ever had a bad reaction to something and then corrected yourself ? Thatís exactly what happened but people are choosing to ignore the cheers for Durant. Mind you in a finals game.

SteBO
06-11-2019, 12:48 PM
How do you say they represent the whole fan base ? Please dude. The crowd was hype for a ship thatís really all it is..

Toronto is probably the only fan base that has cheered ďKDĒ since he went to the warriors.

You ever had a bad reaction to something and then corrected yourself ? Thatís exactly what happened but people are choosing to ignore the cheers for Durant. Mind you in a finals game.
Bad typing mistake on my part. I meant "aren't" representative, as that is what Steph was more or less saying postgame when he says "that isn't what my experience here is". Didn't realize it 'til I circled back around here. Of course every fanbase has bad apples, and Toronto certainly hasn't done anything to earn the "classless" label. My b.

Editing now......

Bostonjorge
06-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Toronto fans knew what happened as soon as It happened. KD playing on a bad calf and rumors of a achilles injury was the main story all weekend. Once KD threw the ball away I knew it was bad. Toronto fans started cheering right in front of him all along the baseline instantly.

Toronto fans only started cheering for KD after Lowry was disgusted to be part of the Raptors.

smith&wesson
06-11-2019, 02:21 PM
Bad typing mistake on my part. I meant "aren't" representative, as that is what Steph was more or less saying postgame when he says "that isn't what my experience here is". Didn't realize it 'til I circled back around here. Of course every fanbase has bad apples, and Toronto certainly hasn't done anything to earn the "classless" label. My b.

Editing now......

Oh my bad. And I agree they donít rep for everyone. Like I said in the other thread there are idiots everywhere. Unfortunately they shined last night.

Saddletramp
06-11-2019, 06:00 PM
yea, no you dont see Philly fans cheering injuries. People jsut love to hate the city bcuz we are aggressive but we are one of the most respectful fan bases thats get no recognition for it.

Michael Irvin laughs in your face at that comment.

Rivera
06-11-2019, 07:13 PM

Why donít you ask Michael Irvin about that? I bet heíd disagree big time about Philly fans cheering injuries

goingfor28
06-11-2019, 10:01 PM
I feel bad for KD personally, but I literally couldn't care less that it hurts the Warriors as a team.

Hawkeye15
06-11-2019, 11:48 PM
We want the gladiator environment of crazed fans in the playoffs, and we actually push for it. So in the heat of the moment when your teams chance just went way up to win, and you cheer because of it, before rationalozing the reasons, a mistake like cheering can happen. But then realization kicks in, which is exacrly what hapoened after about 8 seconds with the crowd.

Just be careful being so holier than thou over a moment caused by exactly what we want sports crowds to be. They fixed it, immediately. So easy to judge from a keyboard, not from a stands.

Chronz
06-12-2019, 03:16 AM
Its a unique situation where nobody respects the 5th best player in the game because he ran to a team that could literally make the Finals without him, win 2 games with a variety of injuries beyond his, trust me, if this were MJ carrying the Bulls or Bron carrying the Heat/Cavs, there would be far more sympathy. Obviously we all feel bad another human is hurt, thats just the reality but in terms of the sport, there are reasons to not feel as much sympathy. The basketball gods have spoken, KD will never prove his greatness because he chose cowardice.

Chronz
06-12-2019, 03:19 AM
We want the gladiator environment of crazed fans in the playoffs, and we actually push for it. So in the heat of the moment when your teams chance just went way up to win, and you cheer because of it, before rationalozing the reasons, a mistake like cheering can happen. But then realization kicks in, which is exacrly what hapoened after about 8 seconds with the crowd.

Just be careful being so holier than thou over a moment caused by exactly what we want sports crowds to be. They fixed it, immediately. So easy to judge from a keyboard, not from a stands.

8 seconds later, nobody cheers. but do you feel the same level of sympathy for him as you would any other athlete? If you say you do, then i guess i have to reasses my fandom. seriously asking cuz i dont know how other rational fans are reactin when all i see are **** kd signs when i go out and trust, i talk to alot of people.

Chronz
06-12-2019, 03:21 AM
I don't give two ***** where your allegiances lie, cheering an injury is classless move. Handwaving it and throwing it under "fanaticism" doesn't change that fact. Good on Steph Curry for acknowledging the fact that those losers aren't representative of the fanbase as a whole, though. Don't think Draymond or DeMarcus were in the mood to do so.

damn stebo, you feel that strongly.

ill change my sig just cuz this has gone far enough

More-Than-Most
06-12-2019, 03:23 AM
oh i get that some cheers are gonna happen as a result of the play and everything moving so fast. i looked clear to me but yea i wasnt there either, obviously. im more disagreeing with MTMs sorry *** logic on this though.

he is agreeing with my overall take that they werent cheering the injury and as far as my sorry *** logic i am just not a stupid hypocrite who tries to act holy in front of a bunch of people nobody cares about... If you actually give a **** about an NBA player when they are injured to flip him the bird/talk **** to him and call him all types of dumb **** daily when he is healthy... that is utterly stupid.

nastynice
06-12-2019, 04:19 AM

That was a bad look. That was a legitimate cheer, as tho someone hit a nice shot or monster block. That was definitely classless.

T dot just way caught in the moment, it happens

SiteWolf
06-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Holy hell, did you really just ask why it's bad to cheer that a human being is in pain?!! Is there ever a legitimate reason to view that as something to be happy about?! I mean that wasn't Bin Laden on the court...

Now, if you're talking about timing/intent....were they actually cheering that he was injured, etc...different discussion...

More-Than-Most
06-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Holy hell, did you really just ask why it's bad to cheer that a human being is in pain?!! Is there ever a legitimate reason to view that as something to be happy about?! I mean that wasn't Bin Laden on the court...

Now, if you're talking about timing/intent....were they actually cheering that he was injured, etc...different discussion...

when someone gets hurt will saying awww nooooo please no make them better?

TheDish87
06-12-2019, 08:44 AM
Michael Irvin laughs in your face at that comment.

lol man if you have to back 20 years i think youre proving my point. shocked you didnt bring u santa.

TheDish87
06-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Why donít you ask Michael Irvin about that? I bet heíd disagree big time about Philly fans cheering injuries

refer to my above response

Rivera
06-12-2019, 08:56 AM
refer to my above response

so now your going to modify what you said because you were proven wrong? classic

you need more examples of classy Philly fans since you want to pretend Philly fans are super respectful and get a bad rep?

Lets talk about the time a man puked on a cop and his 11 year old daughter on purpose in a Phillies game

Or When Ryan Howard had a beer bottle thrown at him

or lets talk about the time where the Flyers co founder died after battling bladder cancer, the team gave plastic braclets to fans to serve as a tribute to their co founder and the fans threw them on the ice because they lost 6-1!

What a respectful fan base that gets an undeserved bad rep!

just stop. dont say **** thats really untrue. every fan base has its unruly fans that can make the majority of the fan base look bad when the majority of most fan bases are cool and level headed. every fan base has those fans that go over the edge. but lets not pretend Philly fans get a bad rep for no reason.

Boston fans arent much better, or a Cowboys fan either. Im not going to pretend and sit high and mighty like my fan bases are super respectful, I dont know why you would pretend about Philly.

So please, dont pretend all Philly fans are this super respectful and get a bad rep

WaDe03
06-12-2019, 09:16 AM
I read the title and thought ďwhat the ****Ē saw who made the thread and I wasnít surprised lmao!

Havenít read the thread but it was ****ed up. I understand fans of opposing teams being happy or having a sigh of relief with the best player on the other team going down, especially when heís the 2nd best player in the world. You canít sit there and wave by to an injured player while heís laying on the court. At the game at the bars and at Jurassic Park they were all cheering and waving bye, Jurassic Park was very bad about it. Iím sure raps fans are in here trying to defend it but there is no defending it. Itís always **** KD though

TheDish87
06-12-2019, 11:26 AM
so now your going to modify what you said because you were proven wrong? classic

you need more examples of classy Philly fans since you want to pretend Philly fans are super respectful and get a bad rep?

Lets talk about the time a man puked on a cop and his 11 year old daughter on purpose in a Phillies game

Or When Ryan Howard had a beer bottle thrown at him

or lets talk about the time where the Flyers co founder died after battling bladder cancer, the team gave plastic braclets to fans to serve as a tribute to their co founder and the fans threw them on the ice because they lost 6-1!

What a respectful fan base that gets an undeserved bad rep!

just stop. dont say **** thats really untrue. every fan base has its unruly fans that can make the majority of the fan base look bad when the majority of most fan bases are cool and level headed. every fan base has those fans that go over the edge. but lets not pretend Philly fans get a bad rep for no reason.

Boston fans arent much better, or a Cowboys fan either. Im not going to pretend and sit high and mighty like my fan bases are super respectful, I dont know why you would pretend about Philly.

So please, dont pretend all Philly fans are this super respectful and get a bad rep

am i really gonna get a lecture from the easily the most wildly racist fan base? but you went away from the conversation, we got crazy *** fans for better and wore too but short of going back 20 years youd be hard pressed to find fans here going over the line with opposing players like cheering a serious injury. we def talk some crazy **** but its a big city like you said plenty of bad apples are gonna be around. but go listen to any current or former player, even players who werent here long, they go out of their way to praise this fan base.

Rivera
06-12-2019, 12:08 PM
am i really gonna get a lecture from the easily the most wildly racist fan base? but you went away from the conversation, we got crazy *** fans for better and wore too but short of going back 20 years youd be hard pressed to find fans here going over the line with opposing players like cheering a serious injury. we def talk some crazy **** but its a big city like you said plenty of bad apples are gonna be around. but go listen to any current or former player, even players who werent here long, they go out of their way to praise this fan base.

very classy, way to be respectful !!!!!!

and I didnt go away from the conversation you said and I quote: "but we are one of the most respectful fan bases thats get no recognition for it."

and I provided plenty of examples, past and present to show you you arent a respectful fan base

but you just represented the "respect" you have from others with your first sentence, considering I am not a racist and Ive said multiple times, a few fans dont represent a fan base. I said that about Toronto and Philly fans, and Ive said Philly has more. Ive also said my fan base isnt the cleanest and ive said no fan base should act like the moral police without looking at their own fan base first

so your essentially repeating what I have already said while showing you have no respect because you cant have a conversation respectfully where you were proven wrong

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:42 AM
check out my post on this, coming soon

Saddletramp
06-13-2019, 01:08 PM
check out my post on this, coming soon

Cant wait.

Saddletramp
06-13-2019, 01:11 PM
very classy, way to be respectful !!!!!!

and I didnt go away from the conversation you said and I quote: "but we are one of the most respectful fan bases thats get no recognition for it."

and I provided plenty of examples, past and present to show you you arent a respectful fan base

but you just represented the "respect" you have from others with your first sentence, considering I am not a racist and Ive said multiple times, a few fans dont represent a fan base. I said that about Toronto and Philly fans, and Ive said Philly has more. Ive also said my fan base isnt the cleanest and ive said no fan base should act like the moral police without looking at their own fan base first

so your essentially repeating what I have already said while showing you have no respect because you cant have a conversation respectfully where you were proven wrong

He wasnít proven wrong, though. You were. Philadelphia fans might be really, really passionate about their teams but it goes both ways.