PDA

View Full Version : AD asking price set

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Griffin has reportedly set his asking price in AD talks.

All Star player
A young player with All Star potential
2 first round draft picks

The ask is on a sliding scale so the better the player, the lesser the picks. Or the better the picks the lesser the players.

Whatís the most your team should offer

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 03:00 PM
With Kyrie having 2 feet out the door already, the most Iíd want the Celtics to offer is...

Hayward (All Star player)
Brown (young player with All star potential)
Picks #14 and 20 in this years draft

Meets their requirements for a baseline but I doubt it gets it done.

Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Davis, Horford is a nice group but not sure theyíd be a true contender. Thatís why I canít give up more than the above offer. Trading for AD is a risk and we canít afford to let our future in Tatum go for that kind of a risk.

The offers that I think would top it are from LAL if they offer #4, Kuzma, Ball, etc...

Or

NYK if they offer #3, Mitchell, Knox and Smith Jr.

R. Johnson#3
06-10-2019, 03:04 PM
I think they want someone who is an all star player. Gordon Hayward was an all star player. On top of that, you're fooling yourself if you think the Celtics are getting AD without giving up Tatum.

TrueFan420
06-10-2019, 03:04 PM
With Kyrie having 2 feet out the door already, the most Iíd want the Celtics to offer is...

Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Davis, Horford is a nice group but not sure theyíd be a true contender. Thatís why I canít give up more than the above offer. Trading for AD is a risk and we canít afford to let our future in Tatum go for that kind of a risk.

The offers that I think would top it are from LAL if they offer #4, Kuzma, Ball, etc...

Or

Is Tatum off limits or would you include Rozier?

Chronz
06-10-2019, 03:09 PM
I think they want someone who is an all star player. Gordon Hayward was an all star player.

Yeah no one is touching that contract without Tatum and if the player you're getting in return is AD, they'll want Brown too. Still, thats too great a risk for a guy whos for sure leaving in a year. Boston should sit this one out unless they rape.

redsox12
06-10-2019, 03:10 PM
For my team, the Celtics. Nothing we don't need a guy that can walk after the season is over. The Lakers is probably the best match.

Kuzma, Ingram, 4th pick, 1st next year.

R. Johnson#3
06-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Here's my outside the box prediction. The Spurs

AD

for

LMA, Bryn Forbes, Raps 1st, Spurs 1st and Spurs 2020 1st

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 03:24 PM
I think they want someone who is an all star player. Gordon Hayward was an all star player. On top of that, you're fooling yourself if you think the Celtics are getting AD without giving up Tatum.

As I clearly stated. I doubt that deal would get AD. Itís just the most Iíd offer based on the framework Griffin laid out.

With how our team is currently constructed I donít see the point in trading for Davis at all. But if that package got him, Iíd do it. Anything more of significance, I wouldnít offer.

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Is Tatum off limits or would you include Rozier?

Heís a RFA so that complicates a trade a little but I wouldnít be opposed to S&T Rozier as part of a package

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 03:27 PM
Yeah no one is touching that contract without Tatum and if the player you're getting in return is AD, they'll want Brown too. Still, thats too great a risk for a guy whos for sure leaving in a year. Boston should sit this one out unless they rape.

Exactly. Which is why Iíd offer what I proposed and thatís it. Not including Tatum. But I would include Brown if it rids us of Haywardís contract.

Boston isnít getting involved unless itís clearly in their favor and they at minimum get some indication from AD that heíd consider resigning

R. Johnson#3
06-10-2019, 03:30 PM
As I clearly stated. I doubt that deal would get AD. Itís just the most Iíd offer based on the framework Griffin laid out.

With how our team is currently constructed I donít see the point in trading for Davis at all. But if that package got him, Iíd do it. Anything more of significance, I wouldnít offer.

As a fan of a team that took a gamble on getting one year of elite talent at the cost of your 1a/b player, a solid young talent and a 1st rounder I'd advise you on making the deal even if Tatum is involved. Jayson Tatum will not be as good as Anthony Davis.

Chronz
06-10-2019, 03:32 PM
As a fan of a team that took a gamble on getting one year of elite talent at the cost of your 1a/b player, a solid young talent and a 1st rounder I'd advise you on making the deal even if Tatum is involved. Jayson Tatum will not be as good as Anthony Davis.

Your team wanted to blow it up soon anyways, Derozen is not that valuable imo, the young talent boston has is more than solid and their picks are better too

mightybosstone
06-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Or

The problem with this deal is I'm not sure Hayward helps the Celtics at all. You're treating him like an All-Star here, but you're talking about a guy who's a year and a half removed from a gruesome injury, is making $30 million a year and averaged 12/5/3 last season coming off the bench. He's making max money, but there's no indication at this point that he's even capable of fringe All-Star caliber production, much less max dollars.

Bottom line, Hayward isn't a plus in a trade right now. He's a minus.

goingfor28
06-10-2019, 03:35 PM
That's way too much to give up for AD imo

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 03:36 PM

And then AD leaves after a year and where are we?

Youíre comparing 2 completely different scenarios here. DeRozen was what he was. Good player but he reached his ceiling. Tatum hasnít. You had a roster that was finishing atop the East for multiple years but kept running into LeBron. Weíre a roster that just added an elite piece and ended up finishing worse than the year prior.

Thereís no logical reason for us to give up Tatum. No team is offering a similar player. Because they donít have one. LAL canít offer a player with that type of production and ceiling. The closest they have is Kuzma. and NYK donít have anyone close. So why should Boston offer him up?

Yeah LAL and NYK can offer up premium draft picks, but Iíd take Tatum over any player available in this draft at 3 or 4.

mightybosstone
06-10-2019, 03:42 PM

Youíre comparing 2 completely different scenarios here. DeRozen was what he was. Good player but he reached his ceiling. Tatum hasnít. You had a roster that was finishing atop the East for multiple years but kept running into LeBron. Weíre a roster that just added an elite piece and ended up finishing worse than the year prior.

Thereís no logical reason for us to give up Tatum. No team is offering a similar player. Because they donít have one. LAL canít offer a player with that type of production and ceiling. The closest they have is Kuzma. and NYK donít have anyone close. So why should Boston offer him up?

Yeah LAL and NYK can offer up premium draft picks, but Iíd take Tatum over any player available in this draft at 3 or 4.

Aren't you making the case for why Boston might HAVE to give up Tatum in a deal? You said it yourself that Tatum is better than any player available in the draft at 3 or 4. But if I'm New Orleans, and I could have a package built around any combination of the Lakers' players and the the No. 4 overall pick, any combination of the Knicks' players and the No. 3 overall pick, or a Celtics package built around Jaylen Brown and the 14th pick, doesn't Boston's package look like a distant third by comparison?

Tatum is Boston's trump card. If they really want Davis, that's what they're going to have to offer to get him.

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 03:45 PM
The problem with this deal is I'm not sure Hayward helps the Celtics at all. You're treating him like an All-Star here, but you're talking about a guy who's a year and a half removed from a gruesome injury, is making $30 million a year and averaged 12/5/3 last season coming off the bench. He's making max money, but there's no indication at this point that he's even capable of fringe All-Star caliber production, much less max dollars.

Bottom line, Hayward isn't a plus in a trade right now. He's a minus.

All fair points. And NO certainly can make them. My point as the one offering the trade would be take it or leave it. The only point I truly disagree with is that hayward has shown ďnoĒ sign of returning to All Star form. He has shown glimpses at the end of the season and a couple games in the playoffs. They were few and far between but they did happen. Iím not going to say Hayward was great by any means last year but he was also in a tough spot. Trying to work his way back on a team trying to contend. Coming off the bench, in the middle of a wing log jam - when exactly did he have an opportunity to prove anything as a 6-7th option on the Celtics last year.

Davis has question marks too which is why NO wonít get full value for him. Heís a soon to be FA and has had injury concerns throughout his career. Anyone who thinks NO is getting top dollar for him is kidding themselves.

All we can do is throw out an offer. Iím not sure there are many teams that will offer better than what Iíve suggested here. There are a couple that can, but will they?

R. Johnson#3
06-10-2019, 03:46 PM
Your team wanted to blow it up soon anyways, Derozen is not that valuable imo, the young talent boston has is more than solid and their picks are better too

You're right, Masai definitely wanted to blow the team up which is why he went and did the exact opposite. Masai initially wanted to blow the team up but then James Dolan saved us lol. This team was set up to go in any direction really. DeMar, Lowry, Ibaka and JV were all set to come off the books after next season (If JV accepted his option) but then we had young talent like Poeltl, Siakam, Delon, OG, FVV and Powell filling out our "bench mob". Sure there were fans that wanted to blow the team up but there was never any real talk about it.

I agree that Tatum is more valuable than DeRozan but like I said before. He won't be as good as Anthony Davis.

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Aren't you making the case for why Boston might HAVE to give up Tatum in a deal? You said it yourself that Tatum is better than any player available in the draft at 3 or 4. But if I'm New Orleans, and I could have a package built around any combination of the Lakers' players and the the No. 4 overall pick, any combination of the Knicks' players and the No. 3 overall pick, or a Celtics package built around Jaylen Brown and the 14th pick, doesn't Boston's package look like a distant third by comparison?

Tatum is Boston's trump card. If they really want Davis, that's what they're going to have to offer to get him.

Yes, I agree. But the Celtics in no way should offer Tatum to beat those offers. As I said in my OP. I think we have the 3rd best offer there.

But thereís no guarantee NYK offers up Mitchell/Knox/Smith jr. and #3. They may only offer up 2 of the 3.

Same with LAL. And if BOS and LALís offers are viewed as a virtual tie. NO will trade him to BOS so heís out of the conference.

In NO way should Boston try and top LAL or NYK with Tatum. Because they may not have to. And if they do have to they shouldnít. Let him go to LAL or NYK if thatís the case.

R. Johnson#3
06-10-2019, 03:54 PM

It's not a guarantee he leaves?

Tatum is definitely worth more than DeRozan. I'm in 100% agreement with you there but Jayson Tatum won't be as good as Anthony Davis. I think the Celts could get away with Tatum being the "all star" per se and having the potential all star end up being a Marcus Smart/Terry Rozier type. The fact that the picks are 14 and 20 definitely helps as well.

R. Johnson#3
06-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Here's my offer from the Raptors.

Masai Ujiri

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 04:07 PM
It's not a guarantee he leaves?

Tatum is definitely worth more than DeRozan. I'm in 100% agreement with you there but Jayson Tatum won't be as good as Anthony Davis. I think the Celts could get away with Tatum being the "all star" per se and having the potential all star end up being a Marcus Smart/Terry Rozier type. The fact that the picks are 14 and 20 definitely helps as well.

Iím not saying Tatum will ever be as good as AD. But he could be as good as PG13 or someone like that and thatís enough for me not to trade him.

But letís go down your road and say itís Tatum, Smart and the 2 picks

Howís is what weíre left with any better than the casts AD has played with in the past and failed to get anywhere with?

PG Rozier
SG Brown
SF Hayward
PF Davis
C Horford

Thatís not a contender. And has minimal maneuverability going forward. So why make the trade?

The only reason to trade for Davis is to sell him on the long term. The long term without a guy like Tatum is not going to convince Davis to stay. And if heís not going to stay, why make the trade and give up Tatum?

Atleast with a cast of

Rozier (1 yr)
Smart (team friendly deal
Tatum (1 yr before FA)
Davis (1 yr before FA)
Horford (1 yr before FA)

We have complete maneuverability and can form the team around Davis. This is an easy sell. Come here and play with this group this season. After the season we have tons of money coming off the books and we can bring in a MAX guy of your choosing and resign Tatum.

Dade County
06-10-2019, 04:19 PM

All Star player

The ask is on a sliding scale so the better the player, the lesser the picks. Or the better the picks the lesser the players.

If the Pels secretly(not so secretly lol) do not want to trade AD to a team in the West; teams out East that might pull the trigger for a 1yr rental.

76ers: S&T Tobias Harris (if he would go for that), send 3 future 1st rd pucks.

I don't believe the 6ers would trade Ben Simmons.

Bos: Hayward, Brown & Rozier(S&T), 2 1st rd picks this upcoming draft. Another poster has already who broke this down.

Pistons: Drummond, Thon Maker, 3 first rd picks

Miami HEAT: Dargic, JRich, Winslow & Bam, 2019 1st rd pick & a future 1st rd pick.

Knicks: They have the draft picks that the Pels would want, but not the All Star near All Star players.

Nets: I do not believe D'Angelo Russell will accept a S&T to the Pels, so they are out.

If the Pels are not going to trade him in the West, these are the teams i believe that have a shot at landing AD.

I don't believe teams like the Bucks, Raps, & Pacers have the assets to offer.

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 04:27 PM
If the Pels secretly(not so sexretly lol) do not want to trade AD to a team in the West; teams out East that might pull the trigger for a 1yr rental.

76ers: S&T Tobias Harris (if he would go for that), send 3 future 1st rd pucks.

I don't believe the 6ers would trade Ben Simmons.

Bos: Hayward, Brown & Rozier(S&T), 2 1st rd picks this upcoming draft. Another poster has already who broke this down.

Pistons: Drummond, Thon Maker, 3 first rd picks

Miami HEAT: Dargic, JRich, Winslow & Bam, 2019 1st rd pick & a future 1st rd pick.

Knicks: They have the draft picks that the Pels would want, but not the All Star near All Star players.

Nets: I do not believe D'Angelo Russell will accept a S&T to the Pels, so they are out.

If the Pels are not going to trade him in the West, these are the teams i believe that have a shot at landing AD.

I don't believe teams like the Bucks, Raps, & Pacers have the assets to offer.

S&T are tough.

1. If the trade involves multiple players the players that are S&T only count for half their salaries in the outgoing trade formula. So NO would have to take on a lot of salary which I doubt theyíd be interested in.

2. If the picks involved are part of this years draft it doesnít work because the picks would already be made before you could S&T the players. Once the picks are made the trade canít go down for 60 days after the players sign their rookie deals

Makes it more difficult but not impossible.

But I do think NO would rather trade AD east. Which means if the offers between a team in the East and a team in the West, the western team is going to have to really beat the eastern teams offer. If theyíre close, theyíll take slightly less to have AD out of the conference. Similar to Indy with PG13

Rivera
06-10-2019, 04:38 PM
i just want to go crazy out of the box, with teams that may or may not be on ADs list based off the parameters above. I will admit, I am doing 0 research on draft picks as well as cap management, so when I say 2 first, I mean the first 2 first they can give up. If the salaries dont add up, this is at least the base of it

Kings = Harrison Barnes + Marvin Bagley + 2 1st

76ers = Ben Simmons + 1 1sts

Bulls = Markanen + Dunn + 2 1sts

Pacers = Myles Turner + Aaron Holliday + 2 1sts

Bucks = Middleton + DiVincenzo + 2 1sts

Hawks = Bazemore + John Collins + 2 1sts

Heat = Bam + Winslow + Josh Johnson + 2 1sts

Magic = Aaron Gordon + Jonathan Isaac + 2 1sts

Denver = Murray + MPJR + 2 1sts

Portland = CJ + Zach Collins + Gary Trent Jr (or Anfernee Simmons or both!) + 2 1sts

SAS = LMA or DD + Forbes + Derrick White (or Murray) + 2 1sts

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 04:49 PM
i just want to go crazy out of the box, with teams that may or may not be on ADs list based off the parameters above. I will admit, I am doing 0 research on draft picks as well as cap management, so when I say 2 first, I mean the first 2 first they can give up. If the salaries dont add up, this is at least the base of it

Kings = Harrison Barnes + Marvin Bagley + 2 1st

76ers = Ben Simmons + 1 1sts

Bulls = Markanen + Dunn + 2 1sts

Pacers = Myles Turner + Aaron Holliday + 2 1sts

Bucks = Middleton + DiVincenzo + 2 1sts

Hawks = Bazemore + John Collins + 2 1sts

Heat = Bam + Winslow + Josh Johnson + 2 1sts

Magic = Aaron Gordon + Jonathan Isaac + 2 1sts

Denver = Murray + MPJR + 2 1sts

Portland = CJ + Zach Collins + Gary Trent Jr (or Anfernee Simmons or both!) + 2 1sts

SAS = LMA or DD + Forbes + Derrick White (or Murray) + 2 1sts

Chicago is definitely a dark horse in this if theyíre willing to package their pick + Markanen and Dunn. Thatís a damn good offer.

The rest seem to have flaws cap wise or player wise. I donít think theyíre all that realistic. But Iíve had my eye on that Chicago offer for a while now

IndyRealist
06-10-2019, 05:04 PM
S&T are tough.

1. If the trade involves multiple players the players that are S&T only count for half their salaries in the outgoing trade formula. So NO would have to take on a lot of salary which I doubt theyíd be interested in.

2. If the picks involved are part of this years draft it doesnít work because the picks would already be made before you could S&T the players. Once the picks are made the trade canít go down for 60 days after the players sign their rookie deals

Makes it more difficult but not impossible.

But I do think NO would rather trade AD east. Which means if the offers between a team in the East and a team in the West, the western team is going to have to really beat the eastern teams offer. If theyíre close, theyíll take slightly less to have AD out of the conference. Similar to Indy with PG13

Draft rights can be traded prior to signing a contract. The player counts as zero salary. That's what happens on draft night. The trade doesn't actually occur until later.

Rivera
06-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Chicago is definitely a dark horse in this if theyíre willing to package their pick + Markanen and Dunn. Thatís a damn good offer.

The rest seem to have flaws cap wise or player wise. I donít think theyíre all that realistic. But Iíve had my eye on that Chicago offer for a while now

Oh im more than positive on that. Thats why I put the disclaimer, these "out of the box" would be "parameters" and granted i dont think i listed any team thats on ADs list :laugh2: so all of these are probably unrealistic :laugh2:

Oakmont_4
06-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Draft rights can be traded prior to signing a contract. The player counts as zero salary. That's what happens on draft night. The trade doesn't actually occur until later.

Youíre correct. My bad. Itís once they sign their contracts they canít be traded for a period of time.

mike_noodles
06-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Masai and Webster are plotting a way for the Raptors to have Kawhi, Siakam, Lowry and AD in the starting 5. Book it.

angelsfan1984
06-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Masai and Webster are plotting a way for the Raptors to have Kawhi, Siakam, Lowry and AD in the starting 5. Book it.

Listen up kids...don't smoke crack. Drugs are bad mmmmkay

KG2TB
06-10-2019, 07:01 PM
Chicago will not trade for AD if itís just going to be a rental. Iíve heard AD doesnít want to play here. No way they give up Lauri and #7 without ADs commitment. Unless, the very slim chance anyone believes

Vet free agent
LaVine
Porter
AD
Carter Jr

Is able to compete for a championship. Itíd be a fun team to watch but thatís about it.

warfelg
06-10-2019, 07:22 PM
Woj now reporting it would likely be a 3 team trade if an AD deal gets done. Itís also been mentioned on NBARadio that if itís a three team, the third team would likely be the one giving up a pick or two for a player and take a contract.

ewing
06-10-2019, 09:02 PM
I've heard AD's preferred destinations are NY and LA. He must really be sick of "inept" management in NO

Saddletramp
06-10-2019, 09:51 PM
I've heard AD's preferred destinations are NY and LA. He must really be sick of "inept" management in NO

Which is funny because he finally gets a good GM whoíll probably get more for him than Dell Demps wouldíve ever dreamed.

cmellofan15
06-10-2019, 10:06 PM
The Cavs "technically" have what David Griffin is looking for, might as well make the call lmaooooo

Mave1002
06-11-2019, 01:33 AM
Woj now reporting it would likely be a 3 team trade if an AD deal gets done. Itís also been mentioned on NBARadio that if itís a three team, the third team would likely be the one giving up a pick or two for a player and take a contract.

Maybe Detroit is a possibility?

Pistons get Jrue Holiday, Moe Wagner, #37 via Pels for Andre Drummond who goes to the Pelicans along with Brandon Ingram and the #4 pick.

Pelicans get their 25-year old all-star (Drummond), another young player with AS potential (Ingram), and two picks #4 via LAL, #45 via DET

Draft/Free agency:
Pistons draft Nassir Little @ #15 then sign DeAndre Jordan (Lob city 2.0) and bring back KCP
Pelicans draft Darius Garland then probably hire a vet shooter like JJ Redick for cheap

Jordan/Wagner
Griffin/Leuer
Little/KCP
Kennard/Svi
Holiday/Jackson

Drummond/Okafor
Zion/Diallo
Ingram/Johnson
Redick/Moore
Garland/Payton

errbody wins

Dade County
06-11-2019, 01:47 AM

I'm thinking they might not even want to trade AD. This seems like Minny all over again.

I know you have to ask for the moon, then settle for whats realistic. Pels are not going to be able to get an All Star player & a young talented player that can be a future All Star, unless AD informs that team he will stay at least 2yrs with them.

What the League is trying to do, is close Lbj & the Lakers window; so players like Kawhi & AD dont find LA attractive anymore because of Lbj age.

Dade County
06-11-2019, 01:50 AM
Which is funny because he finally gets a good GM whoíll probably get more for him than Dell Demps wouldíve ever dreamed.

Its too late. I don't understand why people can't factor this in. The man has been there for over 7yrs, he wants to go.

More-Than-Most
06-11-2019, 01:57 AM
yea and if i was any and every team id start the conversation with SMD.

More-Than-Most
06-11-2019, 02:00 AM

Harden to sixers
AD to lakers

Rockets get Ben simmons/our first and a future first plus kuzma from the lakers and get out from cp3 contract

Pelicans get 4th pick/Ingram/Ball/Zsmith and a future first from the sixers

Sixers get harden

Lakers get AD/CP3

: )

ManningToTyree
06-11-2019, 02:47 AM
Itís nice to want things lol they wonít get that return. A couple of young guys with upside and a couple of picks is a realistic return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
06-11-2019, 03:02 AM
Its too late. I don't understand why people can't factor this in. The man has been there for over 7yrs, he wants to go.

Yeah, I get that itís over for him there but when he finally gets a quality GM, that quality GM is going to get more assets from the team AD will be dealt to, making that team worse in the process. He got screwed by Demps and now Griffin will take more from his new team.

Saddletramp
06-11-2019, 03:05 AM
Harden to sixers
AD to lakers

Rockets get Ben simmons/our first and a future first plus kuzma from the lakers and get out from cp3 contract

Pelicans get 4th pick/Ingram/Ball/Zsmith and a future first from the sixers

Sixers get harden

Lakers get AD/CP3

: )

????? Harden and CP3 for Ben Simmons, Kuzma and a coupla low 1sts? That contract isnít that bad.

More-Than-Most
06-11-2019, 03:06 AM
????? Harden and CP3 for Ben Simmons, Kuzma and a coupla low 1sts? That contract isnít that bad.

the cp3 contract is awful man... The rockets def need to do something but I wouldnt trade harden... Id offer up capella to move cp3 or something... i love cp3 but man that contract is gonna be tough

Vinny642
06-11-2019, 03:09 AM

You may have read that wrong, I think he is saying we would get more in return for AD's crybaby *** with our new GM than with Demps

Saddletramp
06-11-2019, 03:15 AM
You may have read that wrong, I think he is saying we would get more in return for AD's crybaby *** with our new GM than with Demps

Bingo. Thought it was pretty apparent.

DanG
06-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Three way deal Lakers-Wizards-Pels

Lakers get Anthony Davis

Wizards get Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, #4 Pick from Lakers

Pelicans get Bradley Beal, Lonzo Ball, #9 Pick from Wizards, 2020 1st Rounder from Lakers

For Pels:

All star player: Beal
Young player with all-star potential: Lonzo Ball
Draft picks: #9 from Wizards, 2020 Lakers 1st

Wizards trade Beal, #9 Pick for Brandon Ingram, #4 Pick, Josh Hart

IndyRealist
06-11-2019, 07:25 AM
the cp3 contract is awful man... The rockets def need to do something but I wouldnt trade harden... Id offer up capella to move cp3 or something... i love cp3 but man that contract is gonna be tough

The trend has been a pick for each year left on the contract, regardless of amount. Teams who can absorb contracts generally aren't going anywhere anyway.

warfelg
06-11-2019, 08:07 AM
So just some thinking out loud:

Neither of the teams that AD wants have the package that fits what Griffin wants. So that means coming up with a 3 way deal of a team needing to move on from someone. But it's going to deplete whichever team does trade for him. Coming up with an idea for both teams he wants to play for:

Knicks out: Mitchell Robinson, Knox, Ntilikina, #3, 2021 1st
Knicks in: Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard

New Orleans out: Anthony Davis, E'twaun Moore
New Orleans in: Mitchell Robinson, Bradley Beal, #9, 2021 NYK 1st, 2021 Wash 1st

Washington out: Bradley Beal, Dwight Howard, #9, 2021 1st
Washington in: Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, E'Twuan Moore, #3

The why for all teams: Knicks don't have the current all star level player to deal out to New Orleans, so getting Washington involved is important. Washington looking to move out from a big contract is a priority. However their giving up of Beal is going to have to be compensated somehow. Moving up 5 spots in the draft is that value that makes it worth it IMO, along with cap clearing of Ntilikina and Moore, Knox is the youth replacement. This allows Washington to use #4 or Knox as a way to unload Wall.

Knicks:
FA PG
Trier
Durant? Butler?
AD
Howard

Pelicans:
Holiday
Beal
Reddish
Zion
Robinson

Wizards:
Wall
Moore
Knox/Barrett
Portis
Mahimi

And with the Lakers, this one gets more complicated IMO, because Lakers need to be cap careful if they are interested in bringing in another all star level player, and if not they need to load up via this trade. I went with the latter decision:
Lakers Out: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Moritz Wagner, #4
Lakers In: Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Solomon Hill

Cavs Out: Kevin Love, JR Smith, #26
Cavs In: Josh Hart, Moritz Wagner

Rockets Out: Chris Paul, PJ Tucker
Rockets In: Lonzo Ball, Kevin Love, E'Twuan Moore

Pelicans Out: Anthony Davis, Solomon Hill, E'Twaun Moore
Pelicans In: Brandon Ingram, PJ Tucker, JR Smith, #4, #26

The why's: I think the lakers is obvious. For the Rockets, they get out of the CP3 deal, but they take on KLove, who I think would be a better fit with Capela and Harden. The Rockets get some potential in Ball at PG to play off and with Harden; and should fit with the pace they want to play with. For the Pelicans, they do miss out on the current All-Star, but PJ Tucker would be a great mentor to the young players, or they could flip him to another team.

Lakers:
CP3
Hill
James
AD
FA C
-> Kuzma, FA

Rockets
Ball
Harden
Moore
Love
Capella
-> Gordon, Clark

Pelicans:
Holiday
Jarrett Culiver (Pick #4)
Ingram
Zion Williamson
FA C
-> Tucker, Bruno Fernando (26), Buyout Smith

mike_noodles
06-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Listen up kids...don't smoke crack. Drugs are bad mmmmkay

We were laughed at when it was dreamt up of the Raps getting KL without giving up our best assets, and they did that, so just think about that.

j-bay
06-11-2019, 09:08 AM

Lakers get Anthony Davis

Pelicans get Bradley Beal, Lonzo Ball, #9 Pick from Wizards, 2020 1st Rounder from Lakers

For Pels:

**** no. Nice try no way are we giving up #9 pick. Also the Wizards would want Kuzma in the deal as well.

Heediot
06-11-2019, 09:10 AM
Boston should only try and nab AD only if Kyrie re-ups.

Don't waste your assets on a rental.

AD may sign an extension after the trade.

Pel's need AD to agree on an extention if they want a nice opackage, or they will get low-balled.

If C's get AD and retain Kyrie, they need to get another play maker that's willing to attack the rack somewhowto complement those two as well.

j-bay
06-11-2019, 09:12 AM

Neither of the teams that AD wants have the package that fits what Griffin wants. So that means coming up with a 3 way deal of a team needing to move on from someone. But it's going to deplete whichever team does trade for him. Coming up with an idea for both teams he wants to play for:

New Orleans in: Mitchell Robinson, Bradley Beal, #9, 2021 NYK 1st, 2021 Wash 1st

The why for all teams: Knicks don't have the current all star level player to deal out to New Orleans, so getting Washington involved is important. Washington looking to move out from a big contract is a priority. However their giving up of Beal is going to have to be compensated somehow. Moving up 5 spots in the draft is that value that makes it worth it IMO, along with cap clearing of Ntilikina and Moore, Knox is the youth replacement. This allows Washington to use #4 or Knox as a way to unload Wall.

Knicks:
FA PG
Trier
Durant? Butler?
AD
Howard

Pelicans:
Holiday
Beal
Reddish
Zion
Robinson

Wizards:
Wall
Moore
Knox/Barrett
Portis
Mahimi

And with the Lakers, this one gets more complicated IMO, because Lakers need to be cap careful if they are interested in bringing in another all star level player, and if not they need to load up via this trade. I went with the latter decision:

The why's: I think the lakers is obvious. For the Rockets, they get out of the CP3 deal, but they take on KLove, who I think would be a better fit with Capela and Harden. The Rockets get some potential in Ball at PG to play off and with Harden; and should fit with the pace they want to play with. For the Pelicans, they do miss out on the current All-Star, but PJ Tucker would be a great mentor to the young players, or they could flip him to another team.

Lakers:
CP3
Hill
James
AD
FA C
-> Kuzma, FA

Rockets
Ball
Harden
Moore
Love
Capella
-> Gordon, Clark

Pelicans:
Holiday
Ingram
Zion Williamson
FA C

Hmm i could do this. And before Lakers fans ask, their is a huge gap in talent between RJ and the #4 pick which makes putting #9 pick in the trade worth it.

warfelg
06-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Hmm i could do this. And before Lakers fans ask, their is a huge gap in talent between RJ and the #4 pick which makes putting #9 pick in the trade worth it.

Itís not just that, but you are giving up a much better player in Beal, NO is getting 3 firsts, so taking the hit on taking 9 as opposed to 3 doesnít hurt the Pels as much.

GREATNESS ONE
06-11-2019, 11:55 AM
DeRozan, B.I, Lakers # 4pick to Pels

Kuz, Hart, Wagner, Hill to Spurs

A.D to Lakers

Dade County
06-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Which is funny because he finally gets a good GM whoíll probably get more for him than Dell Demps wouldíve ever dreamed.Its too late. I don't understand why people can't factor this in. The man has been there for over 7yrs, he wants to go. Bingo. Thought it was pretty apparent.

Ok

Yeah, I get that itís over for him there but when he finally gets a quality GM, that quality GM is going to get more assets from the team AD will be dealt to, making that team worse in the process. He got screwed by Demps and now Griffin will take more from his new team.

The team AD gets traded to, most likely will not be the team AD wants to go to (Lakers). So AD isn't going to care about that team assets, it will be like a 8month vacation for him.

Or AD might not even get traded. The Pels asking price to me isn't really realistic, unless you know AD will re-up with you.

Thats the pels next move, we can't trade you because teams don't want a 1yr rental. So they will try to apply pressure to AD that way. But Rich Paul wont let that happen.

He's going to be a Laker, it's just going to take time. I just don't like people/organizations trying to force people to do things in a whole. AD is giving his team a chance to get assets, no one should be made at him.

Got it...

How is AD a cry baby? Only thing I have notice is that he wants out and he informed his team, so they can get assets.

Dade County
06-11-2019, 06:40 PM
I just hope the Pels don't make this ugly like what happened in Minny to Jimmy.

Griffin said on a conference call with local media that he isnít in a rush to do a deal, even if heís ďopen mindedĒ about the possibility of one (via Pelicans beat writer Andrew Lopez of The Times-Picayune):

ďI donít anticipate anything of major significance other than the meeting with Zion and his family. I never anticipate that. Iím open minded. I think we all are. Thereís a point at which we act. If things evolve in such a way that itís time for us to make a decision relative to Anthony Davis or any other part of the organization, we will. But weíre not in a hurry to do anything. We donít feel there is a time sensitivity to anything weíre talking about. That includes ADís desire to stay or not stay. Itís not something thereís a shot clock on.Ē

This is sort of what Griffin has to say here. That doesnít make it not true, but he also canít publicly admit that he wants to get a deal done by a specific date, because it would give teams leverage over him to try and force a lower deal in negotiations if they know he just wants this resolved.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/6/11/18661548/lakers-rumors-david-griffin-pelicans-trade-anthony-davis-2019-nba-draft-news-lebron-james

If you don't want to trade him to the Lakers, then ship him out East, just like the Spurs did with Kawhi. We see what the League is doing for the team that traded foe a Super Star. They did the same for Boston, and even though Irving got injured, Boston still want to the ECF.

PropheticGeius
06-11-2019, 10:24 PM

All Star player

Isn't it funny how they think that they are in the drivers seat?

AD wants to leave the team and they will get nothing eventually.

ohreally
06-11-2019, 10:41 PM

Lakers get Anthony Davis

For Pels:

And why would the Wizards do this? Not to mention that neither Ball nor Zion can shoot.

ohreally
06-11-2019, 11:18 PM

Knicks:
FA PG
Trier
Durant? Butler?
AD
Howard

Pelicans:
Holiday
Beal
Reddish
Zion
Robinson

Wizards:
Wall
Moore
Knox/Barrett
Portis
Mahimi

Lakers:
CP3
Hill
James
AD
FA C
-> Kuzma, FA

Rockets
Ball
Harden
Moore
Love
Capella
-> Gordon, Clark

Pelicans:
Holiday
Ingram
Zion Williamson
FA C

Knicks would love that deal. Wizards would have to be true fools. And Iím not sure about the Pels, but I donít think theyíd be thrilled.

In the Lakers trade, Rockets would absolutely love the outgoing, but DíAntoni would not want Ball and Iím not sure the Rockets would want Love at this point. And the Pels would probably just be pissed that you wasted their time.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Rich Paul this morning:

[The Celtics] can trade for him, bit it'll be or one year...in the even he decides to walk away and you [give] away assets? Don't blame Rich Paul

This guy is toxic for the NBA.

PAOboston
06-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Rich Paul this morning:

Did you read the full article? It was sooo bizarre some of the things he said. Some of the stuff he said was scary.

- he compared AD to Arod and the Lakers as J Lo
- said the Lakers would be an attractive destination even without Lebron on the roster. Lebron is cherry on top
-Knicks have a great tradition and cap space to build team. Only difference between LA and NYK is just the championships
- he also basically admits that he leaked ADís trade demand publicly in stead of keeping it in house. Said the reason was because he felt slighted that Demps called AD directly about trade request instead of reaching out to him.

To me at least, this seems to be a scorched earth attempt to destroy any and all leverage the Pelicans have. My sense is a deal might be nearing completion and this is their final try to thwart it. Because if he is hell bent on LA for example, I think they realize that if he doesnít get there this season, he wonít be able to next year because Iím not sure the Lakers are going to punt another season with Lebron and his closing window. He said he broke the ďcode of etiquette.Ē

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Rich Paul this morning:

I donít like the guy one bit, but howís this any different than past situations other than heís more open about it?

Kawhiís situation last year was exactly the same. Even after the trade there was speculation he may sit the entire season out. And him leaving was a forgone conclusion.

I view this in one way and one way only. Griffin came out and publicly laid out the framework and asking price if any deal. It was high, and I donít blame Griffin for that at all. But these comments are in direct response to that asking price. No contending team is offering what Griffin is asking and if they did the roster would be bare. Which is not a good situation for his client to go to, even for only a year. So they make these statements to lower the asking price. Which in return makes ADs new team better and makes any non contending team scared to pull the trigger on any deal.

Heís being an agent. Heís looking out for his clients best interest and I canít blame him for that. And it will be an affective strategy.

Still donít like the guy. But it is what it is. The NBA set the league up this way and this is the result

PAOboston
06-12-2019, 12:46 PM
I donít like the guy one bit, but howís this any different than past situations other than heís more open about it?

Kawhiís situation last year was exactly the same. Even after the trade there was speculation he may sit the entire season out. And him leaving was a forgone conclusion.

I view this in one way and one way only. Griffin came out and publicly laid out the framework and asking price if any deal. It was high, and I donít blame Griffin for that at all. But these comments are in direct response to that asking price. No contending team is offering what Griffin is asking and if they did the roster would be bare. Which is not a good situation for his client to go to, even for only a year. So they make these statements to lower the asking price. Which in return makes ADs new team better and makes any non contending team scared to pull the trigger on any deal.

Heís being an agent. Heís looking out for his clients best interest and I canít blame him for that. And it will be an affective strategy.

Still donít like the guy. But it is what it is. The NBA set the league up this way and this is the result

I think the bigger issue is the perception of Lebron and his role as a shadow power player in the Klutch sports agency. Thatís the conflict people have issue with.

I donít think anyone has an issue with agents doing their jobs.

WaDe03
06-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Dragic Bam JRich Winslow 4 1st.

cmellofan15
06-12-2019, 02:11 PM
Rich Paul this morning:

He's warning the Celtics against making (another) a stupid mistake and giving up assets for a player that has never expressed interest in playing for you. That's toxic?

angelsfan1984
06-12-2019, 02:15 PM
Rich Paul is working on behalf of his client. He's doing what he can to benefit his client who pays him...if you ask me he's doing a hell of a job. You'd be singing a different tune if AD were expressing interest in going to your team. Its all perspective.

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 02:20 PM
I think the bigger issue is the perception of Lebron and his role as a shadow power player in the Klutch sports agency. Thatís the conflict people have issue with.

I donít think anyone has an issue with agents doing their jobs.

Ok but thatís peopleís perception. How is what people perceive toxic to the NBA? What the perceive doesnít change fact. And fact is, players have a lot of power because of the CBA to which the owners agreed to. Itís not just LeBron, or Klutch sports agency or Rich Paul. The past 2 years weíve had similar situations play out with PG13 and Kawhi. And thereís examples before them. This is not new.

Just call a spade a spade. Rich Paulís an unlikeable assclown. But what heís doing is no different than what other agents do. Heís just been even more open about it.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Rich Paul this morning:

How is he toxic? He has his client best interest in mind. They want LA, there is nothing wrong with that. You should be offended what the League is doing to kawhi, trying to brain wash that man into staying with the Raps.

Kawhi wants to be a Laker, the media switches it, into to the Clippers with a year long media campaign(sad). Clippers are not getting anyone.

Anthony Davis has some control over which team trades for him in the sense that he can refuse to sign a long-term extension with a team he does not want to play for, but he apparently has zero intention of signing a new deal before free agency, anyway.

Davisí agent, Rich Paul, spoke with S.L. Price of Sports Illustrated this week for a lengthy feature, and he was asked about the talk that Davis does not want to play for the Boston Celtics. He confirmed that the Celtics would only be getting a rental player if they acquired Davis, but he also emphasized that the star big man is going to enter free agency no matter where he ends up.

ďThey can trade for him, but itíll be for one year,Ē Paul said. ďI mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. Iíve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Donít blame Rich Paul.Ē

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/anthony-davis-will-not-sign-any-team-before-free-agency/499763

Did you read the full article? It was sooo bizarre some of the things he said. Some of the stuff he said was scary.

- he compared AD to Arod and the Lakers as J Lo
- said the Lakers would be an attractive destination even without Lebron on the roster. Lebron is cherry on top
-Knicks have a great tradition and cap space to build team. Only difference between LA and NYK is just the championships
- he also basically admits that he leaked ADís trade demand publicly in stead of keeping it in house. Said the reason was because he felt slighted that Demps called AD directly about trade request instead of reaching out to him.

To me at least, this seems to be a scorched earth attempt to destroy any and all leverage the Pelicans have. My sense is a deal might be nearing completion and this is their final try to thwart it. Because if he is hell bent on LA for example, I think they realize that if he doesnít get there this season, he wonít be able to next year because Iím not sure the Lakers are going to punt another season with Lebron and his closing window. He said he broke the ďcode of etiquette.Ē

Honestly i don't believe it's in the League best interest that AD gets his way, so I don't believe he will be traded to the Lakers. The only thing they are factoring in, is that Rich has no problem being the bad guy; he will flame the new city if he has too, especially near the trade deadline.

If they trade AD to the East, he will be in the Final's next season or at least make the ECF (see Kawhi, & Irving 1st season even though he was injured). The problem for the League is Rich in this situation, Kawhi doesn't have an agent like Rich to let everyone know, whats the real deal.

The media wont be able to sugarcoat it, because Rich will be there to burn it down (I don't like the media manipulating the casual fan anyway).

Dade County
06-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Rich Paul is working on behalf of his client. He's doing what he can to benefit his client who pays him...if you ask me he's doing a hell of a job. You'd be singing a different tune if AD were expressing interest in going to your team. Its all perspective.

Thank you.

Dragic Bam JRich Winslow 4 1st.

1yr rental of AD, why not... As long as Pat can pair him with someone, and we get a free trip to the Final's.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Ok but thatís peopleís perception. How is what people perceive toxic to the NBA? What the perceive doesnít change fact. And fact is, players have a lot of power because of the CBA to which the owners agreed to. Itís not just LeBron, or Klutch sports agency or Rich Paul. The past 2 years weíve had similar situations play out with PG13 and Kawhi. And thereís examples before them. This is not new.

Just call a spade a spade. Rich Paulís an unlikeable assclown. But what heís doing is no different than what other agents do. Heís just been even more open about it.

This is why I call Rich Paul toxic. All of this used to be very private stuff. The trade request may have made it to the open but all there where to and saying itís a rental before heís even in the door is absurd IMO. And openly added ďgood luck in having a good enough setup to entice himĒ. Thatís almost never been said.

I mean youíll never fully stop everything from getting out. I get that. But having an agent willingly go out and say stuff like this is a bad look for the NBA.

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 02:38 PM
This is why I call Rich Paul toxic. All of this used to be very private stuff. The trade request may have made it to the open but all there where to and saying itís a rental before heís even in the door is absurd IMO. And openly added ďgood luck in having a good enough setup to entice himĒ. Thatís almost never been said.

I mean youíll never fully stop everything from getting out. I get that. But having an agent willingly go out and say stuff like this is a bad look for the NBA.

Tell me how Kawhi last year was any different? He publicly demanded a trade. He willingly sat out the season before. He had a list (LA). Once the trade happened it was rumored he was considering sitting the season out.

I get not liking these players demanding trades and where to and where not to. I donít like that either. My contention with your point is placing the blame on RP like heís the first guy to do this. He isnít. Heís just the guy doing it right now. Where was all the uproar in previous years? You in particular certainly loved Kawhiís trade demands when PHI was in the running for him.

Itís just funny how fans complain when theyíre teams arenít benefiting. But if your team was on the list youíd have no issues with it at all.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 02:38 PM

I wouldnít be ok if he came out and said ďonly PhillyĒ. If players start dictating this hard some franchises are going to be effectively killed.

**** people tried to do it to New Orleans already by wanting Zion to go back to school and take a below market AD deal then ship out Jrue.

Why not just poll NBA players right now what 3 cities in the east they donít want to play in and the 3 in the west and just contract those teams.

I mean I would love for someone to tell me outside of the market, why are all the other 27 teams so bad that you shouldnít even give up assets for AD? What do LAL and NYK have right now over all those teams?

Dade County
06-12-2019, 02:52 PM

I strongly disagree...

All agents should do this because what you get if they don't, is the Organization manipulating the narrative publicly that said player might just stay. When both sides know thats a lie.

Why manipulate the fan base and other fans world wide. Then when that player leaves, he takes a hit publicly; thats not fair.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 02:56 PM
I strongly disagree...

All agents should do this because what get if they don't, is the Organization manipulating the narrative publicly that said player might just stay. When both sides know that a lie.

Why manipulate the fan base and other fans world wide. Then when that player leaves, he takes a hit publicly; thats not fair.

So manipulating the league is somehow better?

Dade County
06-12-2019, 03:01 PM
I mean I would love for someone to tell me outside of the market, why are all the other 27 teams so bad that you shouldnít even give up assets for AD? What do LAL and NYK have right now over all those teams?

It just depends if Ad even wants to step foot in those other cities. If a player like a certain city, thats his business.

It doesn't mean that player will get a chance to play for that city he likes. & to answer your question, any team can give up assets for AD, they are just letting you know, it's only going to be a 1yr rental.

& there is nothing wrong with that, they are letting everyone know. Thats a great thing. So now they know what assets they would part with.

It's a win, win.

Pels had plenty of time to trade AD, not want until his last season.

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 03:05 PM

Manipulating the league is built in to the entire league. This is what happens when you have a soft cap. The cap can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Player movement can be manipulated in a variety of ways.

Organizations have no loyalty towards players so why should a player have loyalty to the organization. Think of it from a players prospective. Why would he want to pack up his family and go to a city for 1 year knowing he doesnít want to stay there.

Iíd much rather know a head of time as a GM before I ship my best assets for a player whoís planning on going elsewhere the next season anyways. Itís actually beneficial to all sides involved except the team trading the player. But I have no pity for them. If they were a better run organization they wouldnít be in the middle of this mess

Dade County
06-12-2019, 03:07 PM

Just letting you know big business doesn't care about you, so you shouldn't give a second thought about them.

& i don't believe it's manipulating the League, the players are giving the Organization a heads up that they will not re-sign with them or anyone that you trade them to. They want to be free agency with no strings attached.

The Organizations on the most part have 7 yrs with the player, if you can't form a partnership with 7yrs time, you shouldn't be in this line of business.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Manipulating the league is built in to the entire league. This is what happens when you have a soft cap. The cap can be manipulated in a variety of ways. Player movement can be manipulated in a variety of ways.

And I agree on the cap front. I don't think the cap should have ever jumped, I think exemptions for teams over the soft cap should go away, there should be some Bird-expemtions that go away. But an outside force (Rich Paul) being able to dictate player movement to this degree is a huge problem IMO.

Organizations have no loyalty towards players so why should a player have loyalty to the organization. Think of it from a players prospective. Why would he want to pack up his family and go to a city for 1 year knowing he doesnít want to stay there.

My answer to this will always be the same. No one forces them to sign a deal for this long. Want to dictate where you go if they were to trade you, get a no trade clause or trade kicker. And I say that in all sports. I'm tired of players all around complaining about their situation but being the ones that signed that long of a contract with a team in that position in the first place.

Iíd much rather know a head of time as a GM before I ship my best assets for a player whoís planning on going elsewhere the next season anyways. Itís actually beneficial to all sides involved except the team trading the player.

Sure. But again, do it privately. Give the Celtics permission to talk to Rich Paul, and he can express to them that AD is highly unlikely to stay. Leave it up to Ange. That lets him negotiate with Griffin to get a lower price, or allows it to be his decision to walk away from the table. Right not Rich Paul is making that decision for him and it doesn't sit well with me.

But I have no pity for them. If they were a better run organization they wouldnít be in the middle of this mess

I have little pity for the Pelicans too. I'm not sympathizing with them at all. They held onto a crap GM for too long. Hell I would have fired him after he signed Asik, Moore, and Hill to those crap deals the year the cap spiked. I would have fired him for not filling out a better roster years ago.

But, as I asked in the other thread and you alluded to: Players want a good front office, good coach, good teammates. Lakers have 1 good teammate (LeBron), and the Knicks have a good coach (Fizdale). Outside of those things, these franchises have the same issues that the NOP have.

Like is he that closed off to those things that he would say no if a McCollum/Davis trade came? Nurkic and Lillard would be his best pair of teammates ever, that's a great front office, and Stotts is a great coach. Portland itself is a good **** city too. I've been there twice and it's awesome.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Sure. But again, do it privately. Give the Celtics permission to talk to Rich Paul, and he can express to them that AD is highly unlikely to stay. Leave it up to Ange. That lets him negotiate with Griffin to get a lower price, or allows it to be his decision to walk away from the table. Right not Rich Paul is making that decision for him and it doesn't sit well with me.

This doesn't work. The front offices still makes the trade & then try to convince the player to stay with a year long brain washing campaign. Also the media gets behind it, so that in return gets the fan base involved & it's just one big lie. Which is not right. Just like how they are doing with Kawhi & what they did with Irving.

Both of these players had their preferred destination.

The players union should try to put an end to, somehow.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 03:50 PM
This doesn't work. The front offices still makes the trade & then try to convince the player to stay with a year long brain washing campaign. Also the media gets behind it, so that in return gets the fan base involved & it's just one big lie. Which is not right. Just like how they are doing with Kawhi & what they did with Irving.

So a team trying to sell themselves to a player is brainwashing?

The players union should put an end to teams trying to be better? Thatís a good thing you know that right? The more teams that are better, the more people will watch, the more money will come in.

And how exactly do you propose the NBPU denies teams from trading for a player.

WaDe03
06-12-2019, 03:56 PM

GiantsSwaGG
06-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Hopefully the Lakers get him and trade half the farm. Donít want him on the Knicks with that price tag

PAOboston
06-12-2019, 04:06 PM

Ainge gives zero ****s about what Rich Paul says. Heís calling their bluff.

j-bay
06-12-2019, 04:11 PM
If i were the NBA, if AD gets traded to the Celtics, I would ask Paul for his Cell Phone info at the end year. And look at conversations between the Lakers, Lebron about anything about trying to screw the Celtics. If it happens the Lakers should not only lose their rights to get Davis, but 2 first round picks as well.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 04:12 PM
If i were the NBA, if AD gets traded [anywhere not the Lakers or Knicks], I would ask Paul for his Cell Phone info at the end year. And look at conversations between the Lakers, Lebron about anything about trying to screw [his current team]. If it happens the Lakers should not only lose their rights to get Davis, but 2 first round picks as well.

I'm not trusting this situation or Rich Paul at all.

WaDe03
06-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Sounding like LeBron is going to get his guy and then Kyrie. AD has instructed Paul to get him to the Lakers.

Kyrie
Hart
Ingram
LeBron
AD

j-bay
06-12-2019, 04:17 PM

I'm not thinking even the Knicks. I think he even tries to **** the Knicks over for Lebron.

j-bay
06-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Sounding like LeBron is going to get his guy and then Kyrie. AD has instructed Paul to get him to the Lakers.

Kyrie
Hart
Ingram
LeBron
AD

Who's the sauce? Cause like you, i too have sauces.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 04:24 PM
I'm not thinking even the Knicks. I think he even tries to **** the Knicks over for Lebron.

No I'm with you. I'm just saying if it's any team not just the Celtics.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 04:27 PM
So a team trying to sell themselves to a player is brainwashing?

Selling yourself is different then full on media, fan base & League influence manipulation. We can't probably imagine what happens behind close doors, with player & agent.

So many different companies, the League telling you this is good for a game & we'll take care of you...etc

The player didn't want to be there in the 1st place. You made the deal, so leave with consequences decently. Sure sell yourself as a good Organization but the way it is now, its full blown deception.

The players union should put an end to teams trying to be better?

lol... Just stop it.

The more teams that are better, the more people will watch, the more money will come in.

This has been said, but the League has never been that way. Also I have no problem with a lot of teams being better, but when that player whats to leave, let him leave without creating a media circus.

Trade that player get some assets and move on. Simple. I believe it's the Organizations that take it so far (Minny with Jimmy)

And how exactly do you propose the NBPU denies teams from trading for a player.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm talking about when the player gets to the destination that he never wanted to be in, he shouldn't have to deal with all the madness that comes with it.

Just show the player that your organization is well run,let him experience the city & whatever happens from that point, is up to the player.

Honestly you don't believe these players experience pressure, from different factions? Like the League, private investors, companies, media...etc?

Dade County
06-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Hopefully the Lakers get him and trade half the farm. Donít want him on the Knicks with that price tag

Don't worry, the Lakers will be able to sign another high level player in free agency. & them fill out the roster with vets & ring chasers.

Ainge gives zero ****s about what Rich Paul says. Heís calling their bluff.

Normally someone is hiding something when they have to bluff. May I ask, what is AD & Rich hiding?

AD will be a free agent next off season. I don't get it.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 04:37 PM
If i were the NBA, if AD gets traded to the Celtics, I would ask Paul for his Cell Phone info at the end year. And look at conversations between the Lakers, Lebron about anything about trying to screw the Celtics. If it happens the Lakers should not only lose their rights to get Davis, but 2 first round picks as well.

What do you mean by screw the Celtics?

Are you saying like, trying to make sure that Boston doesn't try to trade for AD?

Or are you talking about at the end of next season, when AD is a free agent & he doesn't want to re-sign with Boston?

It what way? Rich has already warned everyone so they don't lose assets for no reason.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Selling yourself is different then full on media, fan base & League influence manipulation. We can't probably imagine what happens behind close doors, with player & agent.

So many different companies, the League telling you this is good for a game & we'll take care of you...etc

The player didn't want to be there in the 1st place. You made the deal, so leave with consequences decently. Sure sell yourself as a good Organization but the way it is now, its full blown deception.

I want proof that they are brainwashing. Sorry this is a completely asinine statement to make. So fans and teams shouldn't be doing what they can to make a situation be as appealing as possible? What exactly are they brainwashing someone with? lol. I'm sorry this is just silly.

This has been said, but the League has never been that way. Also I have no problem with a lot of teams being better, but when that player whats to leave, let him leave without creating a media circus.

Trade that player get some assets and move on. Simple. I believe it's the Organizations that take it so far (Minny with Jimmy)

So screw the franchises just do what the players want? You know how the player leaves without making it a media circus? DONT HAVE YOUR AGENT RUN AROUND TELLING EVERYONE TO NOT ****ING TRADE FOR YOU!!!

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm talking about when the player gets to the destination that he never wanted to be in, he shouldn't have to deal with all the madness that comes with it.

Just show the player that your organization is well run,let him experience the city & whatever happens from that point, is up to the player.

Honestly you don't believe these players experience pressure, from different factions? Like the League, private investors, companies, media...etc?

You said the NBPA should put an end to this whole trade for a player and sell him on being there. How should they do it? What exactly can they do? LOL. Remember they did agree to the team holding rights having the 5th year and extra money max. If a player is that mentally weak to be convinced to stay when they are that adamant about being elsewhere how is that the teams fault? The only way to stop what you are whining about is to say that a player cannot be traded to a team not on his list.

PAOboston
06-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Normally someone is hiding something when they have to bluff. May I ask, what is AD & Rich hiding?

AD will be a free agent next off season. I don't get it.
The fact the Lakers likely wonít wait until next year to makes moves. As such, they wonít be able to sign him next year. So you see them punting on year two of Lebronís deal again to sign a bunch of Lance Stephensons again?

Paul senses that Ainge is going all in and has a legit chance to land him in a deal. And they realize if that happens, LAL will likely not going to be an option next year.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 04:57 PM
I want proof that they are brainwashing. Sorry this is a completely asinine statement to make.

I love when people say things like this. Like I work for the League & if I did, I would hand over info to a guy on the internet.

So fans and teams shouldn't be doing what they can to make a situation be as appealing as possible? What exactly are they brainwashing someone with? lol. I'm sorry this is just silly.

Teams to a certain extent. Fans will be fans.

So screw the franchises just do what the players want? You know how the player leaves without making it a media circus? DONT HAVE YOUR AGENT RUN AROUND TELLING EVERYONE TO NOT ****ING TRADE FOR YOU!!!

LMAO! Where the heck did you get screw the franchise from?

I said trade that player and get assets and move on.

You said the NBPA should put an end to this whole trade for a player and sell him on being there. How should they do it?

Not trading the player. This is what I wrote...

So maybe you misunderstood.

What exactly can they do? LOL. Remember they did agree to the team holding rights having the 5th year and extra money max. If a player is that mentally weak to be convinced to stay when they are that adamant about being elsewhere how is that the teams fault?

I agree with you, the players after their 3rd season, they should sign the qualifying offers. Stop signing these damn 5yr contracts with these horrible front offices.

But you are kind of flipping the topic; when that player has 1 or 2yrs left & they let you know they do not want to be there, so they are giving you advance warning so you can get assets for them; you should say THANK YOU.

& get some assets. Not create an entire media circus around it. Just trade the player, because the moment you try to hold on, the media gets wind of it & it's all over.

The team has no power in trade talks from that point forward.

The only way to stop what you are whining about is to say that a player cannot be traded to a team not on his list.

Thats your logic.

The team will trade him wherever. Just don't complain secretly to the media that we cant get the value that we are looking for; because that player doesn't want to re-sign with the team we are sending him to.

I don't think you get the big picture, it's about control. The Organization wants the best assets as possible, so of course if that player asking for a trade would stay on with the new team, they get more assets.

By Rich & AD doing this, the Pels will act like they can get anything; but they had plenty of time to trade AD before this point.

You do know that Demps tried to talk to AD without Rich knowing? To try to convince him about staying and other things. You don't believe things like this and worse happens around the clock?

The Pels didn't even want AD to sign with RP. They tried to stop him because they knew the outcome. So why not trade him back then?

They created this circus trying to hold on to AD. If they just come out and say, we will not trade AD for anything, then there would be no story about the Lakers or Boston. It would only be, will AD actually leave, and the media would have to wait until the off season, to really go crazy.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 05:10 PM
The fact the Lakers likely wonít wait until next year to makes moves. As such, they wonít be able to sign him next year. So you see them punting on year two of Lebronís deal again to sign a bunch of Lance Stephensons again?

The Lakers will just have to wait. its that simple, & Lbj will have to deal with 1yr players around him.

But I believe Kawhi is heading there anyway, & thats been the plan the entire time.

Lbj wants to create a big 3.

But i do get what you are saying, but take a look at the Lakers cap, they can trade assets at any point, and free up money. But lets say the Lakers get Irving & Kawhi (just saying), then yeah, AD will have t look somewhere else, but who says he stays where he got traded?

He wants to control where he plays (when he becomes a free agent). It's like you guys want the player to shut up and play where you feel thats best for him.

Paul senses that Ainge is going all in and has a legit chance to land him in a deal. And they realize if that happens, LAL will likely not going to be an option next year.

Ok I agree with that, but why do you need RP phone then? If the Lakers don't have the Cap to out right sign him, what can the Lakers do at that point to mess up Boston?

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 05:10 PM
This is getting blown out of proportion. RP did NOT tell the Celtics to not trade for him. He simply stated if they do heís still going into Free Agency.

So heís saying donít come to us and ask for a promise heíll resign. Heís not going to make that promise. Heís not going to sign an extension because he wants MAX dollars which he needs to actually hit Free Agency for. And he wants to weigh his options. That doesnít mean he wouldnít reconsider signing back on but he wants to get a lay of the landscape of the league in 2020 before he does anything

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 05:12 PM
DONT HAVE YOUR AGENT RUN AROUND TELLING EVERYONE TO NOT ****ING TRADE FOR YOU!!!.

Heís not. This is a blatant lie. He did not say do not trade for my client. Youíre blowing this way out of proportion

Dade County
06-12-2019, 05:19 PM
This is getting blown out of proportion. RP did NOT tell the Celtics to not trade for him. He simply stated if they do heís still going into Free Agency.

So heís saying donít come to us and ask for a promise heíll resign.

Thank You. These damn Organiztions are just trying to have contraol at the end of the day.

Heís not going to make that promise. Heís not going to sign an extension because he wants MAX dollars which he needs to actually hit Free Agency for. And he wants to weigh his options. That doesnít mean he wouldnít reconsider signing back on but he wants to get a lay of the landscape of the league in 2020 before he does anything

He wants to control where he ends up, thats all.

of course I believe thats with the lakers, but if so, there is nothing wrong with that.

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 05:25 PM
Thank You. These damn Organiztions are just trying to have contraol at the end of the day.

He wants to control where he ends up, thats all.

of course I believe thats with the lakers, but if so, there is nothing wrong with that.

Exactly. If heís going to end up in LAL in 2020 for no assets from the Lakers Iíd rather him just get traded there for assets that hurts the Lakers.

But everyoneís got to ***** just to *****

warfelg
06-12-2019, 05:36 PM
I agree with you, the players after their 3rd season, they should sign the qualifying offers. Stop signing these damn 5yr contracts with these horrible front offices.

But you are kind of flipping the topic; when that player has 1 or 2yrs left & they let you know they do not want to be there, so they are giving you advance warning so you can get assets for them; you should say THANK YOU.

& get some assets. Not create an entire media circus around it. Just trade the player, because the moment you try to hold on, the media gets wind of it & it's all over.

The team has no power in trade talks from that point forward.

Lol dude this is so silly. How are the Pelicans making a media circus around this? Minnesota wasn't getting a deal they liked for Jimmy so they waited then he created the circus.

Agents are the ones taking all the power out and creating the media circus's with demands, lists, getting players to sit out.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Heís not. This is a blatant lie. He did not say do not trade for my client. Youíre blowing this way out of proportion

He might have not used those words but he as goos as told them that.

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 05:42 PM
He might have not used those words but he as goos as told them that.

Nope. He did not. All he did was say heís testing Free Agency after. He could leave, he could come back. AD doesnít even know the answer right now. Heís just saying, if you make the deal, know that itís a risk. Which any intelligent person already knew.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Lol dude this is so silly. How are the Pelicans making a media circus around this? .

AD asked for s trade at the beginning of this season if I remember correctly (in private!!!!!). SA Smith also stated this on First Take.

Demps didn't obliged, and he doesn't have to. Then as the year went on, AD gave his agent the ok, to make it public, after Demps tried to secretly communicate with AD. This is unprofessional.

Take note, the Pels front office had all this time to trade AD before RP made it known his client wanted out.

Can you think back to when the news broke? Thats when the circus began! if the Pels just would have traded AD instead publicly acting like everything was all good (NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANY TRADES), known of this would be happening right now.

Or they just could have simple said to AD & Rich, when the both of them approached the Pels front office at the beginning of the season. We will trade you in the off season, so lets just play out the year.

This didn't happen. The Pels was in LaLa land, as the team was doing horribly. They never wanted to let him go, they wanted to wait everything out, so AD acted.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 05:51 PM

So heís saying donít come to us and ask for a promise heíll resign. Heís not going to make that promise. Heís not going to sign an extension because he wants MAX dollars which he needs to actually hit Free Agency for. And he wants to weigh his options. That doesnít mean he wouldnít reconsider signing back on but he wants to get a lay of the landscape of the league in 2020 before he does anything

If he wants that they he would sign a 5 year supertax with whoever has his rights. But I get, and have held to how stupid it is, signing an extension in the NBA is waste because of how it's tied to percent of the current cap rather than percent of the cap when the contract starts.

As for the getting a lay of the landscape...then why be so pushy about getting out now instead of saying it needs to happen by the start of the season and wait to put a list? Just asking. Because what if the Lakers do this then fail to bring in another star? Or whiff on FA? AD, LBJ, and a bunch of cheap players? Sure Bron is much better than Jrue, no denying that. But is it going to be that much of a better situation if you can't pull in the extra guys?

warfelg
06-12-2019, 05:57 PM
i have stated this all through this thread. AD asked for s trade at the beginning of this season if remember correctly (in private!!!!!).

The first time he asked was 3 weeks before the trade deadline.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 05:58 PM
As for the getting a lay of the landscape...then why be so pushy about getting out now instead of saying it needs to happen by the start of the season and wait to put a list? Just asking.

Why does he have to create a list? This is the major problem here.

Now with that list , then the front office gets more assets from whoever they can get it from, and that team askes the player agent, will your client sign with us long term. he the player says no, the deal is off.

You see what I mean? Its all about control for the Organization at the end of the day.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 06:04 PM
The first time he asked was 3 weeks before the trade deadline.

No it wasn't. he did it in private just like how you want. When they seen that the Pels wasn't making any moves then RP did what he did. Just think about it also, so you are saying tat AD never told the Pels he wanted out & he had RP do it in that fashion?

i will try to find a video on it.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Why does he have to create a list? This is the major problem here.

So it's not a problem now? He does have a list right now.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 06:11 PM
No it wasn't. he did it in private just like how you want. When they seen that the Pels wasn't making any moves they RP did what he did.

i will try to find a video on it.

I'm not finding anything that supports this. All I see is about a month before the trade deadline he informed them he didn't intend to extend with them and then requested a trade. His quote was he had been thinking about it for some time but didn't decide to act on it until late January.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 06:17 PM
So it's not a problem now? He does have a list right now.

AD came out and send he would get traded anywhere. This list can be a real thing behind close doors and the media is reporting it; but if you ask AD and his agent there is no list.

I believe he says he would be traded anywhere (we know this is a lie though) in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrxZ5bS4D0

The other video of SA Smith saying he asked for a trade at the beginning over the year, i would have to remember the First Take show. lol

warfelg
06-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Also I'm not getting this brainwashing thing at all. Like 0% clue what you mean. So local media shouldn't be talking about them as good players? Fans shouldn't be cheering for them? LOL. Like I would hope any city would show a player some love when they are on the team. Not getting behind a player is what made many players want to leave.

Dade County
06-12-2019, 06:58 PM
2min into the video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yteJaHyQgrs

Agents and players always try the private option first.... But these front office don't care.

So RP is protecting his client in advance,

If AD gets traded to any team but the Lakers, watch and see; the media will wait a month or two into the season (if that) before they start pumping out that AD is loving the city, he loves he's teammates, he might stay. The front office has open dialogue with RP & AD.

& the media will highlight all the good moments and only report encouraging news, over and over. Then the playoffs will begin, AD will run through the East, and most likely make the Final's. From this point on, I don't even have to write anymore, just look at Kawhi. That will be AD next season.

All the League wants is if Kawhi can sign sign with the Raps for 1 season, that would through off Lbj plan and the talk of all these free agents moving around.

lakers squad
06-12-2019, 07:48 PM

No we will sign him next year, even if we have to move a couple players for draft picks! I mean it's AD, of course you find a way to make room when that time comes! You don't have to punt on this year to achieve that!

warfelg
06-12-2019, 08:19 PM
2min into the video.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yteJaHyQgrs

Agents and players always try the private option first.... But these front office don't care.

So RP is protecting his client in advance,

If AD gets traded to any team but the Lakers, watch and see; the media will wait a month or two into the season (if that) before they start pumping out that AD is loving the city, he loves he's teammates, he might stay. The front office has open dialogue with RP & AD.

& the media will highlight all the good moments and only report encouraging news, over and over. Then the playoffs will begin, AD will run through the East, and most likely make the Final's. From this point on, I don't even have to write anymore, just look at Kawhi. That will be AD next season.

All the League wants is if Kawhi can sign sign with the Raps for 1 season, that would through off Lbj plan and the talk of all these free agents moving around.

I fail to see any of that as bad tbh.

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 08:24 PM
If he wants that they he would sign a 5 year supertax with whoever has his rights. But I get, and have held to how stupid it is, signing an extension in the NBA is waste because of how it's tied to percent of the current cap rather than percent of the cap when the contract starts.

As for the getting a lay of the landscape...then why be so pushy about getting out now instead of saying it needs to happen by the start of the season and wait to put a list? Just asking. Because what if the Lakers do this then fail to bring in another star? Or whiff on FA? AD, LBJ, and a bunch of cheap players? Sure Bron is much better than Jrue, no denying that. But is it going to be that much of a better situation if you can't pull in the extra guys?

Why does it matter why he wants out now? Thereís plenty of reasons to want to leave the team you know youíre not going back to as soon as possible. Probably most of all because itís uncomfortable to be in a place you donít want to be. Getting out now, thatís a chance at possibly getting on a winning roster and taste the playoffs. Or getting into a larger market for new and better marketing opportunities. Who cares really. He doesnít want to be there so why wouldnít he ask to be traded ASAP. It would be illogical to be like yeah Iíll just stay even though thereís 0% chance Iím staying beyond this year, when thereís a possibility for something new.

AD and LBJ is 100% better than anything heís ever played with in NO and I donít even care who the surrounding cast is. But an organization like LAL isnít going to get AD and then sit back and do nothing. Even if they donít get another star theyíll find good players to surround them with. I donít even think they need another MAX guy with those 2 on the roster. Iíd rather see them surrounded by top end role players that know their roles and compliment their games.

IndyRealist
06-12-2019, 08:34 PM

No he's doing what benefits himself. The false assumption is that there is tangible benefit to AD being in LA or NY, when the benefit is marginal. IF Davis had reasons to go to LA or NY that's a different story, but this smells of an agent consolidating power and getting his hooks into big market teams, rather than any real benefit to AD's finances or career. AD is not hurting for endorsements, and we haven't seen anyone's endorsement deals have "LA or NY" clauses since....Dwight?

There's obviously stuff out there we don't know about, but with the given information it just sounds like Rich Paul (and Lebron by proxy) are trying to take over control of big market teams.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Why does it matter why he wants out now? Thereís plenty of reasons to want to leave the team you know youíre not going back to as soon as possible. Probably most of all because itís uncomfortable to be in a place you donít want to be. Getting out now, thatís a chance at possibly getting on a winning roster and taste the playoffs. Or getting into a larger market for new and better marketing opportunities. Who cares really. He doesnít want to be there so why wouldnít he ask to be traded ASAP. It would be illogical to be like yeah Iíll just stay even though thereís 0% chance Iím staying beyond this year, when thereís a possibility for something new.

AD and LBJ is 100% better than anything heís ever played with in NO and I donít even care who the surrounding cast is. But an organization like LAL isnít going to get AD and then sit back and do nothing. Even if they donít get another star theyíll find good players to surround them with. I donít even think they need another MAX guy with those 2 on the roster. Iíd rather see them surrounded by top end role players that know their roles and compliment their games.

You think Iím unhappy about him wanting out?!? Oh boy.

I donít care he wants out.

I care his agent is out there saying only the Lakers or Knicks have a shot. Iím unhappy his agent is basically telling teams to **** off. All these players who limit their moves without a NTC piss me off. Make these requests private. They donít run the NBA.

warfelg
06-12-2019, 08:37 PM
No he's doing what benefits himself. The false assumption is that there is tangible benefit to AD being in LA or NY, when the benefit is marginal. IF Davis had reasons to go to LA or NY that's a different story, but this smells of an agent consolidating power and getting his hooks into big market teams, rather than any real benefit to AD's finances or career. AD is not hurting for endorsements, and we haven't seen anyone's endorsement deals have "LA or NY" clauses since....Dwight?

There's obviously stuff out there we don't know about, but with the given information it just sounds like Rich Paul (and Lebron by proxy) are trying to take over control of big market teams.

Lest we forget this is the same agent/player combo that ****ed Gilbert and the Cavs by holding them hostage over LBJ resigning with the JR contract and the Tristan Thompson contract, who are both Rich Paul clients.

More-Than-Most
06-12-2019, 09:41 PM
i really hope the lakers dont give up all 3 of ball/kuzma/ingram on top of the 4th... thats insanity

formula101
06-12-2019, 10:01 PM
AD's an injury prone punk. LAL dumb enough to trade the entire farm system and draft picks for him.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-12-2019, 10:08 PM
His agent will do anything he can to drive the trade to LA. He probably knows that is AD's top choice when he is a FA, and if he's already on the roster when next season ends LA would be able to offer a ton more money on a 5 year deal as opposed to him being elsewhere and signing with LA for 4 years.

Rich Paul doesn't care one bit about AD being on a winning team. He cares about how he can make the most money off AD, and that is with a Max 5 year deal from the team with bird rights.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Double Post

Pierzynski4Prez
06-12-2019, 10:11 PM

formula101
06-12-2019, 10:17 PM
AD and Lebum in LAL next season. Book it.

AD and LeBum both go down with injuries. Book it.

Kidd takes over as head coach by season's end. Book it.

Linda Rambis continues as unofficial PoBO.

Lakers return to lottery. Book it.

Storch
06-12-2019, 11:41 PM
nets trade dlo, allen, two 1sts. Sign kyrie and jimmy butler

Nets:
Kyrie
Butler
Prince
AD

Pelicans:
Dlo
Holiday
Zion
Allen

Griffin gets to avoid the Lakers.
Trade AD to the east.
Get an all star in dlo.
Get an up n coming player in allen.
And he can pick n choose whoever else he wants in the nets.

numba1CHANGsta
06-13-2019, 01:58 AM
I like how people still over value Tatum, dude was none existent in the playoffs

More-Than-Most
06-13-2019, 02:13 AM
I like how people still over value Tatum, dude was none existent in the playoffs

its been a long time since i have seen 1 young player so overvalued on potential alone... even now after 2 years of no progression he is untouchable/the next god like player etc. I dont get it,.

Vinny642
06-13-2019, 02:15 AM
Woj was talking about using the draft pick we get in whatever deal we make and trading for a all start player, along with the players we get from the deal. The team could look playoff bound in rebuild season 1.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2019, 02:43 AM
Woj was talking about using the draft pick we get in whatever deal we make and trading for a all start player, along with the players we get from the deal. The team could look playoff bound in rebuild season 1.

The pick or star to me will only help things but you guys will make the playoffs as long as zion is 75 percent as great as people expect... I dont think he will be because I am not big on Zion... I wasnt big on ben simmons over ingram at the time for similar reasons.... Jrue is a ****ing stud... If you guys get ball/lonzo/ingram your team will have some sick *** depth man with high potential talent... I do not think there is any deal unless its for a KL/Giannis type talent that should warrant Ball/kuzma/Ingram/4th pick... that is insane to me.

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:44 AM
Maybe a little too high

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 06:01 AM
Lest we forget this is the same agent/player combo that ****ed Gilbert and the Cavs by holding them hostage over LBJ resigning with the JR contract and the Tristan Thompson contract, who are both Rich Paul clients.

Those were terrible contracts and everyone knew it when they were signed. Thereís nobody to blame there but Cleveland who offered them willingly. By bowing to LeBrons wishes they gave LeBron more power. Again, nobody to blamed there but themselves.

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 06:03 AM
You think Iím unhappy about him wanting out?!? Oh boy.

I donít care he wants out.

I care his agent is out there saying only the Lakers or Knicks have a shot. Iím unhappy his agent is basically telling teams to **** off. All these players who limit their moves without a NTC piss me off. Make these requests private. They donít run the NBA.

When did I say I thought that? I know youíre unhappy about his agents actions. I think itís a ridiculous thing to be pissed about. Again, you say his actions are toxic to the NBA. But theyíre no different than other agents actions in the past where you said nothing. I think youíre bias and being hypocritical because you donít like RP.

I donít like RP either. But this is not a RP issue

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 06:11 AM

Non existent? Please

Heís 20 and averaged 15.2, 6.7, 1.9. Yeah itís down from the previous year. But for obvious reasons - he wasnít the top scoring option like he was as a rookie and his usage was down.

Non existent is a gross misrepresentation.

Point totals per game in the playoffs
15, 26, 18, 18 against IND
4, 5, 20, 17, 14 against MIL

He had 2 terrible games to start against MIL. Without those 2 games he averaged 18.3ppg which is right in line with his previous post season.

And hard to knock a guy when heís being guarded by Giannis and puts up 2 bad games out of 5. Not to mention the entire team was junk against MIL

If you want to talk about overrated - look to PHI at Simmons.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2019, 06:20 AM
Non existent? Please

Heís 20 and averaged 15.2, 6.7, 1.9. Yeah itís down from the previous year. But for obvious reasons - he wasnít the top scoring option like he was as a rookie and his usage was down.

Non existent is a gross misrepresentation.

Point totals per game in the playoffs
15, 26, 18, 18 against IND
4, 5, 20, 17, 14 against MIL

He had 2 terrible games to start against MIL. Without those 2 games he averaged 18.3ppg which is right in line with his previous post season.

And hard to knock a guy when heís being guarded by Giannis and puts up 2 bad games out of 5. Not to mention the entire team was junk against MIL

If you want to talk about overrated - look to PHI at Simmons.

usg being down does not take away from the fact that he was overrated because of 1 round playoff performance from the **** sixers on top of the fact his job should have been easier playing with a scorer like kyrie... and it was worse.

I am not a simmons fan but please do not sit here and spew your dumb **** about ben simmons when ben simmons is actually worlds better and a 2 way player.... Tatum should have gotten better with Kyrie... Ben simmons and embiid hurt each other period... Ben has flaws but if you would understand the sport you would understand just what is happening but you clearly do not and please tell me and tell these people how I am a ben simmons fan boy so they can laugh at you even though i have been his biggest **** talker... HE IS WORLDS BETTER THAN TATUM... If the sixers offered ben for tatum the celtics would do it without hesitation. STOP. This is actually hilarious and really hurting any objectivity you have at all ever... we get it... You have issues with the sixers just move on.

This is becoming a chore dealing with people like you who post stats which is nice but then follow it up with a shot at a sixer play that has no merit and stats show just that..... The only thing tatum does better is shoot which at this point is barely better because he is a 45/37 shooter which is avg to above avg but the dude is barely shooting at this point in time... Ben simmons is avg 2 more points on less shots with more rebounds and quadruple the assists while being an amazing defender.... BRUH... learn the sport or keep **** to yourself because this isnt even a fair fight. If ben simmons is overrated then tatum belongs in the G-League lmfao

lets check the playoffs where ben is the 4th option and still put up 14/7/6 on 9 shots per game and all words defnese on KL

and tatum put up 15/7/2 on 44 pct shooting with 14 shots per game and killed his team

gtfo my god

IndyRealist
06-13-2019, 06:46 AM
usg being down does not take away from the fact that he was overrated because of 1 round playoff performance from the **** sixers on top of the fact his job should have been easier playing with a scorer like kyrie... and it was worse.

I am not a simmons fan but please do not sit here and spew your dumb **** about ben simmons when ben simmons is actually worlds better and a 2 way player.... Tatum should have gotten better with Kyrie... Ben simmons and embiid hurt each other period... Ben has flaws but if you would understand the sport you would understand just what is happening but you clearly do not and please tell me and tell these people how I am a ben simmons fan boy so they can laugh at you even though i have been his biggest **** talker... HE IS WORLDS BETTER THAN TATUM... If the sixers offered ben for tatum the celtics would do it without hesitation. STOP. This is actually hilarious and really hurting any objectivity you have at all ever... we get it... You have issues with the sixers just move on.

This is becoming a chore dealing with people like you who post stats which is nice but then follow it up with a shot at a sixer play that has no merit and stats show just that..... The only thing tatum does better is shoot which at this point is barely better because he is a 45/37 shooter which is avg to above avg but the dude is barely shooting at this point in time... Ben simmons is avg 2 more points on less shots with more rebounds and quadruple the assists while being an amazing defender.... BRUH... learn the sport or keep **** to yourself because this isnt even a fair fight. If ben simmons is overrated then tatum belongs in the G-League lmfao

lets check the playoffs where ben is the 4th option and still put up 14/7/6 on 9 shots per game and all words defnese on KL

and tatum put up 15/7/2 on 44 pct shooting with 14 shots per game and killed his team

gtfo my god
When has Kyrie made anyone's job easier? It should have been apparent this year that Kyrie's style of play stunts all of his teammates offensively. Now perhaps that's because he's never really had a team built around him, but he's never improved his teammates so to claim Tatum's job should have been easier is erroneous.

And Simmons is 100% better than Tatum. But that doesn't change the fact that Kyrie came back and made everyone worse.

IndyRealist
06-13-2019, 06:48 AM
Those were terrible contracts and everyone knew it when they were signed. Thereís nobody to blame there but Cleveland who offered them willingly. By bowing to LeBrons wishes they gave LeBron more power. Again, nobody to blamed there but themselves.

No one's saying Cleveland isn't at fault. He's simply saying what happened in Cleveland mirrors what's happening now in LA.

warfelg
06-13-2019, 07:12 AM
No one's saying Cleveland isn't at fault. He's simply saying what happened in Cleveland mirrors what's happening now in LA.

Yup. Itís an example of how Bron and RP control and leverage things. I donít think Iíve ever seen a team go quid pro quo like that before to retain a player.

warfelg
06-13-2019, 07:20 AM
When did I say I thought that? I know youíre unhappy about his agents actions. I think itís a ridiculous thing to be pissed about. Again, you say his actions are toxic to the NBA. But theyíre no different than other agents actions in the past where you said nothing. I think youíre bias and being hypocritical because you donít like RP.

I donít like RP either. But this is not a RP issue

No agent has gone public with trade demands, where they want to go, demands of another guy being signed to this level.

I think agents who make public demands like this in general are toxic for the NBA. Look at it this way: with those statements out there, if you arenít the Lakers or Knicks...whatís your incentive to make a legit offer right now?

And Iím not pissed. I think this is something thatís bad for the NBA if they donít take some sort of action. Theyíve taken action on tampering before from a teams perspective. An AD trade has the chance to shift major things around for the NBA. Yet his agent is so hell bent on controlling where he goes.

Like I said, if you want that level of control, get some trade kicker, get a limited NTC, get a full NTC. Guys that donít have things like that in their contract have no leverage. They should stop acting like they have it.

More-Than-Most
06-13-2019, 09:07 AM
When has Kyrie made anyone's job easier? It should have been apparent this year that Kyrie's style of play stunts all of his teammates offensively. Now perhaps that's because he's never really had a team built around him, but he's never improved his teammates so to claim Tatum's job should have been easier is erroneous.

And Simmons is 100% better than Tatum. But that doesn't change the fact that Kyrie came back and made everyone worse.

well he has only played with lebron a guy who handles the ball and doesnt have a or shouldnt have a great touch shot.... Kyrie has the ball 80 percent of the time in boston and tatum is open daily... kyrie helps tatum a ton and still tatum couldnt get over the hump.... my overall point was kyrie/tatum is a far far far far far superior that helps each other over simmons/embiid who limit each other because ben wasnt a PG and was made to be a PG his first year.... he is adjusting and is still out performing on both ends by quite a bit then a tatum who has a better fit by far... do not compare ben simmons and tatum in the overrated subject because its not close.

Tatum/Kyrie is a far superior fit in terms of skills set and yet ben still out performs tatum lmfao... lmfao just stop.

Max.This
06-13-2019, 09:21 AM
player says to agent I want to play in these cities. Agent does everything he can to get them to that destination.Why do people see that as an issue. Pelicans are upset that no matter what they say to AD his decision is the same.

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 10:24 AM
well he has only played with lebron a guy who handles the ball and doesnt have a or shouldnt have a great touch shot.... Kyrie has the ball 80 percent of the time in boston and tatum is open daily... kyrie helps tatum a ton and still tatum couldnt get over the hump.... my overall point was kyrie/tatum is a far far far far far superior that helps each other over simmons/embiid who limit each other because ben wasnt a PG and was made to be a PG his first year.... he is adjusting and is still out performing on both ends by quite a bit then a tatum who has a better fit by far... do not compare ben simmons and tatum in the overrated subject because its not close.

Tatum/Kyrie is a far superior fit in terms of skills set and yet ben still out performs tatum lmfao... lmfao just stop.

Dude do you even watch the Celtics? Kyrie hurts Tatum immensely. As you stated yourself, Kyrie holds the ball 80% of the time. When he distributes to everyone else itís with almost no time on the shot clock and players arenít in great position to score unless youíre a spot up shooter like Beal or Ray Allen. Tatum is not that. Tatum is better on ISO plays and attacking the rim at this point in his career. Kyrie does not help that part of his game at all and thatís why the team in general did not play well under Kyrie.

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 10:25 AM
No agent has gone public with trade demands, where they want to go, demands of another guy being signed to this level.

I think agents who make public demands like this in general are toxic for the NBA. Look at it this way: with those statements out there, if you arenít the Lakers or Knicks...whatís your incentive to make a legit offer right now?

And Iím not pissed. I think this is something thatís bad for the NBA if they donít take some sort of action. Theyíve taken action on tampering before from a teams perspective. An AD trade has the chance to shift major things around for the NBA. Yet his agent is so hell bent on controlling where he goes.

Like I said, if you want that level of control, get some trade kicker, get a limited NTC, get a full NTC. Guys that donít have things like that in their contract have no leverage. They should stop acting like they have it.

How you can keep saying nobodys agent has ever made public trade demands is beyond me. It literally happened last year with Kahwi. Youíre starting to trend on being Ďfake newsí ala CNN

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 10:26 AM

gtfo my god

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

Gasp

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah no. We would not trade Tatum for Ben. The rest isnít even worthy of a response. Good day sir

warfelg
06-13-2019, 11:10 AM
How you can keep saying nobodys agent has ever made public trade demands is beyond me. It literally happened last year with Kahwi. Youíre starting to trend on being Ďfake newsí ala CNN

Did Kawhis agent go to an interview and make statements about a potential destination the way Rich Paul just did? Nope.

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Did Kawhis agent go to an interview and make statements about a potential destination the way Rich Paul just did? Nope.

Ok. Who cares what the manner it was done in. They both made it public knowledge with public statements. Are we really down to what media format it is and isnít acceptable in? Youíre really grasping at straws now

warfelg
06-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Ok. Who cares what the manner it was done in. They both made it public knowledge with public statements. Are we really down to what media format it is and isnít acceptable in? Youíre really grasping at straws now

I care. If its done through back channels and some FO wants to leak the knowledge of the request or remands to a reporter, I don't care. That's on the teams to figure out who did the leak. I'm not a fan of an agent openly campaigning for one spot over another with a player under contract.

Oakmont_4
06-13-2019, 01:01 PM
I care. If its done through back channels and some FO wants to leak the knowledge of the request or remands to a reporter, I don't care. That's on the teams to figure out who did the leak. I'm not a fan of an agent openly campaigning for one spot over another with a player under contract.

But the end result is the EXACT same either way. The Celtics didnít trade for Kawhi last year because of the risk based on the public knowledge that Kawhi had no interest in staying long term. Toronto was willing to take the risk and did.

It has the same adverse affect on some teams not pulling the trigger and no effect on others.

So youíre not mad at the results of the events. Your mad at the person carrying out the events.

You just donít like RP. Thatís fine. Just say it.

warfelg
06-13-2019, 01:14 PM
But the end result is the EXACT same either way. The Celtics didnít trade for Kawhi last year because of the risk based on the public knowledge that Kawhi had no interest in staying long term. Toronto was willing to take the risk and did.

It has the same adverse affect on some teams not pulling the trigger and no effect on others.

So youíre not mad at the results of the events. Your mad at the person carrying out the events.

You just donít like RP. Thatís fine. Just say it.

No. I don't give a **** who does it. Going public with interviews is what bothers me. I railed on Kawhi's Uncle Dennis for doing the same thing.

Its ok to admit that I can have my opinion.

IndyRealist
06-13-2019, 05:00 PM

Everyone is open daily. Each player is undefended at some point in time during a game. I don't even know what you're trying to say.

Kyrie dominating the ball and stopping all ball movement somehow equates to "getting his teammates open". Lol. That's why they hate playing with him so much, because he makes them better.

Dade County
06-13-2019, 05:06 PM
I fail to see any of that as bad tbh.

The underlining message I am trying to get across to you is, EVERYTHING WOULD BE A LIE, it would be the media(Espn/Fox, news outletsÖetc) & the front office of the team, giving off the impression that, that player might stay & loves it there (fan manipulation).

It creates a false narrative on the player. Applying unwanted pressure on the player constantly; and some people are weak minded (George Paul); and others are strong minded and donít fall for the manipulation, Kyrie, & I am hoping Kawhi also.

Kawhi wanted to be a Laker, I just hope he does what he wanted to do. & if he changed his mind, I wonít be mad, but as long as it was up to him & no outside pressure (we donít know what happens behind close doors). This is big business here, the underhanded **** that goes, we might not can even imagine.

Dade County
06-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Yeah... i don't believe they want to trade him, and they are continually making this into a circus. It's going to be crazy when AD shows up to Pels camp....smh

The New Orleans Pelicans have reportedly counteroffered the Los Angeles Lakersí initial trade package for Anthony Davis, asking for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, their fourth overall pick in this yearís NBA Draft and a future unprotected first-rounder, according to Brandon Robinson of the Scoop B podcast.

The Lakers originally offered a package composed of Brandon Ingram, Ball, and their No. 4 overall pick on Wednesday, an offer that didnít get much traction with Pelicans executive vice president David Griffin.

Griffin made his demands known early in the week, telling inquiring teams he expects an All-Star player, a player with the potential to become an All-Star and two first-round picks as compensation for Davis.

The price is seen around league circles as ridiculously high, but that has been the trend recently when it comes to franchises trading their stars.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/nba-rumors-pelicans-davis-counter-to-lakers-is-lonzo-kuzma-josh-hart-4th-overall-pick-future-unprotected-1st-572962.html

It has to be the owners. They are going to run back to RP, and say, we couldn't make a fair deal.

What ownership might want, is to see if AD might enjoy playing alongside Zion. Also the league can make sure they get off to a good record start.

Or the Pels could want & see if the Lakers will tie up their cap after signing free agents.

If AD isn't traded by the draft, the media is going to eat this up.

warfelg
06-13-2019, 05:18 PM
The underlining message I am trying to get across to you is, EVERYTHING WOULD BE A LIE, it would be the media(Espn/Fox, news outletsÖetc) & the front office of the team, giving off the impression that, that player might stay & loves it there (fan manipulation).

It creates a false narrative on the player. Applying unwanted pressure on the player constantly; and some people are weak minded (George Paul); and others are strong minded and donít fall for the manipulation, Kyrie, & I am hoping Kawhi also.

Kawhi wanted to be a Laker, I just hope he does what he wanted to do. & if he changed his mind, I wonít be mad, but as long as it was up to him & no outside pressure (we donít know what happens behind close doors). This is big business here, the underhanded **** that goes, we might not can even imagine.

Again, I fail to see why it's a bad thing to make a player seem like they're welcome. :shrug:

I mean you say that and all the first 2 months of Jimmy in Philly was reports of how he hated it. There hasn't been as many reports about Kawhi as you are making out to be. If Kyrie didn't want that, he could of refused to do the commercial with his dad where he said he wanted his jersey to hang in the TD Garden rafters.

warfelg
06-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Yeah... i don't believe they want to trade him, and they are continually making this into a circus. It's going to be crazy when AD shows up to Pels camp....smh

It has to be the owners. They are going to run back to RP, and say, we couldn't make a fair deal.

What ownership might want, is to see if AD might enjoy playing alongside Zion. Also the league can make sure they get off to a good record start.

Or the Pels could want & see if the Lakers will tie up their cap after signing free agents.

If AD isn't traded by the draft, the media is going to eat this up.

So the Pels should take an offer they don't like just to make the situation go away?

warfelg
06-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Imagine if this doesnít happen because of.....Kyle Kuzma.

Dade County
06-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Again, I fail to see why it's a bad thing to make a player seem like they're welcome. :shrug:

lol... There is away to do it, thats not to intrusive.

But what I am telling you is what I don't like, is when they are lying to the public & giving off a false narrative on the player, which in return applies public & media pressure on said player. We are talking about hundreds of thousands of people in some cases millions.

I mean you say that and all the first 2 months of Jimmy in Philly was reports of how he hated it. There hasn't been as many reports about Kawhi as you are making out to be. If Kyrie didn't want that, he could of refused to do the commercial with his dad where he said he wanted his jersey to hang in the TD Garden rafters.

It really doesn't work that way. A player has to show professionalism. As soon as the player is traded to said city, they get the run down. Then they have the press conference, the player is expected to not devalue the product; which is them & the Organization.

Even if the player doesn't want to be their. Irving is a free thinker, they had to pull a stunt because reporters & media outlets was getting the feeling that he might not stay, so they have to sale the fact, that he might stay; even if Ainge knew the entire time that Irving wasn't staying through their private conversations.

I have seen this over and over again. Then the strong headed player leaves, that never wanted to be there in the first place, but before then, they have to go into the entire process of this media charade.

But you are right Irving didn't have to take it that far, with the commercial. But posters like me siad the day he got traded to Boston that he wasn't staying & NO one should have a bad thing to say about it, because Kyrie had a list, and Boston wasn't no where on it.

But he had to put on a show, but then you notice over time, the media got to him & he couldn't take it anymore.

So the Pels should take an offer they don't like just to make the situation go away?

The point is, if no one is going to give you what you want; then it might be you(Pels). Their demands are to high. This is what Minny did in the middle of trying to trade Butler, & Pat got the hell out.

warfelg
06-13-2019, 09:23 PM
Ok? I'm still failing to see the issue here. Oh no....a team that wasn't a preferred destination for a player traded for them and tried to make them happy while they're there and make the extended pitch to keep them.

So again how do you stop that? Tell teams they can't be trading for certain players?

Like if Jimmy walks, I get it, we weren't one of the places he saw himself. But at the same time if he's back, I'm ecstatic that we took that shot and made him feel welcome in his time here that made him see it's a good fit. Again, I really fail to see why that's a problem.

jphysics
06-13-2019, 09:30 PM

Clearly they do have leverage, as you pointed out in your post. If they go public, they can eliminate most of the potential trade partners in the league, and drive their trade value way down. There many other things they can also do to help or harm a team both on the court and off.

If you meant that they shouldn't have leverage, that's debatable. But to say they don't have leverage is just plainly wrong.

warfelg
06-13-2019, 09:34 PM
Clearly they do have leverage, as you pointed out in your post. If they go public, they can eliminate most of the potential trade partners in the league, and drive their trade value way down. There many other things they can also do to help or harm a team both on the court and off.

If you meant that they shouldn't have leverage, that's debatable. But to say they don't have leverage is just plainly wrong.

Well in reality they don't. He's under contract. NOP don't have to trade him. Especially to his listed teams. Like I said though, if they want leverage in that way get a few things in your contract that give you the ability to do so.

lakerfan85
06-14-2019, 12:24 AM
Hopefully the Lakers walk away.. Let someone else trade half their team for AD..

More-Than-Most
06-14-2019, 02:01 AM
Hopefully the Lakers walk away.. Let someone else trade half their team for AD..

yup... I would not give up that much for 1 season of AD esp with lebrons decline quickly coming... if Lebron declines and AD walks next year all the tanking would be for nothing... If I am the lakers I offer up Kuzma/4th/future first and Hart and that is the max id offer. Knicks dont have the assets and danny ainge is never going to give up tatum without AD signing long term right now and we all know AD isnt staying in boston.

GiantsSwaGG
06-14-2019, 02:04 AM
The KD likely gone and Thompson out for most of the season, the west is wide open and AD price probably just went up.

IndyRealist
06-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Who runs things on the Lakers again?

"In May, Paul also approached at least one NBA coach to gauge interest in an assistant role on Vogelís staff, a source familiar with the conversation told SI. Last week, Paul declined comment to SI on the Silver exchange and denied broaching a role on Vogelís staff to anyone."

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/rich-paul-offered-nba-head-coach-lakers-assistant-job-sources?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=sportsillustrated&xid=socialflow_facebook_si&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3-bBXf-CdwrzXu5dC24b7Hfmv19JEf3tOVqvZG-yyKxkAfnivXb_80u-M

warfelg
06-14-2019, 07:55 AM
Who runs things on the Lakers again?

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/12/rich-paul-offered-nba-head-coach-lakers-assistant-job-sources?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=sportsillustrated&xid=socialflow_facebook_si&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3-bBXf-CdwrzXu5dC24b7Hfmv19JEf3tOVqvZG-yyKxkAfnivXb_80u-M

He's only doing what his clients want him to! /s

This is a joke that he's able to do this crap.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 10:19 AM
yup... I would not give up that much for 1 season of AD esp with lebrons decline quickly coming... if Lebron declines and AD walks next year all the tanking would be for nothing... If I am the lakers I offer up Kuzma/4th/future first and Hart and that is the max id offer. Knicks dont have the assets and danny ainge is never going to give up tatum without AD signing long term right now and we all know AD isnt staying in boston.

If the Knicks offer 3, Knox, Smith Jr, Robinson, future first. How is that not better than your proposal?

warfelg
06-14-2019, 10:25 AM
If the Knicks offer 3, Knox, Smith Jr, Robinson, future first. How is that not better than your proposal?

I think from both the Knicks and Lakers perspective theyíre gonna have to get a 3rd team looking to unload a star player involved.

mike_noodles
06-14-2019, 10:48 AM
If Kyle Kuzma is the sticking point, somebody in the Lakers needs to be fired and replaced immediately to save the deal.

More-Than-Most
06-14-2019, 10:51 AM

because ingram is better than all of those and ball defensively is insane and a legit passer..... knox/smith jr and a future first means nothing... the 3 is good but its not a far cry from the 4th the lakers can offer....

warfelg
06-14-2019, 10:55 AM
If Kyle Kuzma is the sticking point, somebody in the Lakers needs to be fired and replaced immediately to save the deal.

Yup. I mean Kyle is a nice player....but that's about it. Like can you imagine Chris Kaman being the sticking point for CP3 to the Clippers back when? Or Renaldo Balkman stopping Melo to the Knicks? That's about where I feel about Kyle Kuzma being the sticking point.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 11:21 AM
because ingram is better than all of those and ball defensively is insane and a legit passer..... knox/smith jr and a future first means nothing... the 3 is good but its not a far cry from the 4th the lakers can offer....

Ingram is not that much better. Another overrated guy with a high ceiling but hasnít proven much yet. Not saying he canít or wonít but he hasnít. Also health issues

Ball a guy who likely wonít want to be in NO hurts his value

3>4 and thereís significant drop off from the top 3 in this draft to the next 6-8 guys. So thatís significant.

Knicks future first projects better than the Lakers future first

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 11:23 AM
I think from both the Knicks and Lakers perspective theyíre gonna have to get a 3rd team looking to unload a star player involved.

I think both teams need to get another team involved. Iím just saying both offers are similar. MTM is stating the Knicks donít have what it takes. Iím stating the Knicks offer is right there with the Lakers unless LAL is including Kuz, Ingram and Ball. If thatís the case NYK needs more

warfelg
06-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Ingram is not that much better. Another overrated guy with a high ceiling but hasnít proven much yet. Not saying he canít or wonít but he hasnít. Also health issues

Ball a guy who likely wonít want to be in NO hurts his value

3>4 and thereís significant drop off from the top 3 in this draft to the next 6-8 guys. So thatís significant.

Knicks future first projects better than the Lakers future first

Add in Ball coming off that knee/ankle issue and players usually aren't the same. Ingram has that thoracic outlet syndrome that he had surgery for.

I think both teams need to get another team involved. Iím just saying both offers are similar. MTM is stating the Knicks donít have what it takes. Iím stating the Knicks offer is right there with the Lakers unless LAL is including Kuz, Ingram and Ball. If thatís the case NYK needs more

Agreed, but as pointed out above, I'm not sure how much better that is.

MarkieMark48
06-14-2019, 12:25 PM
I think Ingram and Kuzma are both pretty clearly better than Smith and Knox. If all 4 are placed in a free agent draft, I would guess every single team would have Kuzma and Ingram ranked as their top 2.

mike_noodles
06-14-2019, 12:45 PM
Yup. I mean Kyle is a nice player....but that's about it. Like can you imagine Chris Kaman being the sticking point for CP3 to the Clippers back when? Or Renaldo Balkman stopping Melo to the Knicks? That's about where I feel about Kyle Kuzma being the sticking point.

Some GM's don't learn. Kuzma is a replaceable player. It sting guys to hear that, but he is. Or at least easier to replace. You may never get another shot at a guy like AD, you make the deal, it's a no brainer.

warfelg
06-14-2019, 01:00 PM
Some GM's don't learn. Kuzma is a replaceable player. It sting guys to hear that, but he is. Or at least easier to replace. You may never get another shot at a guy like AD, you make the deal, it's a no brainer.

Yup. Agreed.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 01:17 PM
I think Ingram and Kuzma are both pretty clearly better than Smith and Knox. If all 4 are placed in a free agent draft, I would guess every single team would have Kuzma and Ingram ranked as their top 2.

Nobodyís saying that isnít true....

However... Ingramís health canít be overlooked. Itís a real problem for the long term viability of his career.

Evaluating players isnít just a snapshot of what they are now. There are many factors. Room for growth, health, system fit etc...

Youíre statement is a 1 dimensional view and nobodyís going to argue the merits of it. But youíre ignoring everything else in making that statement.

Kuzma is clearly the best chip on either team but heís no franchise player either. I think everyoneís pretty much in agreement with Kuz

MarkieMark48
06-14-2019, 02:26 PM
Nobodyís saying that isnít true....

However... Ingramís health canít be overlooked. Itís a real problem for the long term viability of his career.

Evaluating players isnít just a snapshot of what they are now. There are many factors. Room for growth, health, system fit etc...

Youíre statement is a 1 dimensional view and nobodyís going to argue the merits of it. But youíre ignoring everything else in making that statement.

Kuzma is clearly the best chip on either team but heís no franchise player either. I think everyoneís pretty much in agreement with Kuz

You have said many times Ingram's health is a big problem. I'm not disputing that, but are you betting on Smith to play a full season? I'm not.

I get Ingram's issue is blood clots and Smith has just been injured, but at the end of the day missing games is missing games.

If im the Lakers, they can have 3 of 4.. Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Pick #4, and I would be hesitant to give up a 3rd piece if both Ingram and Kuz are the first 2 pieces, unless it was a 1st round pick further down the line. If they give up all 4 they will be in a bind for filling the rest of the roster.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 03:36 PM
You have said many times Ingram's health is a big problem. I'm not disputing that, but are you betting on Smith to play a full season? I'm not.

I get Ingram's issue is blood clots and Smith has just been injured, but at the end of the day missing games is missing games.

If im the Lakers, they can have 3 of 4.. Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Pick #4, and I would be hesitant to give up a 3rd piece if both Ingram and Kuz are the first 2 pieces, unless it was a 1st round pick further down the line. If they give up all 4 they will be in a bind for filling the rest of the roster.

Would you rather have Chris Bosh or Anthony Davis? Serious medical issues vs injuries are not the same thing.

LAL will have to give up all 4 to get a deal done IMO. As Iíve stated in the past, due to the lack of trust between the organizations - LALís offer canít be tied or close with another offer to win the bid. Theyíre going to have to exceed the next best teams offer by a good margin for NO to accept

MarkieMark48
06-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Would you rather have Chris Bosh or Anthony Davis? Serious medical issues vs injuries are not the same thing.

LAL will have to give up all 4 to get a deal done IMO. As Iíve stated in the past, due to the lack of trust between the organizations - LALís offer canít be tied or close with another offer to win the bid. Theyíre going to have to exceed the next best teams offer by a good margin for NO to accept

Chris Bosh wasnt more talented than Anthony Davis. Would you rather have Chris Bosh or Joakim Noah?

Id tell them kick rocks and just sign him as a free agent next offseason and then focus on trading for beal

warfelg
06-14-2019, 06:02 PM
Id tell them kick rocks and just sign him as a free agent next offseason and then focus on trading for beal

Don't have the cap space for that IIRC.

Dade County
06-14-2019, 06:14 PM
As Iíve stated in the past, due to the lack of trust between the organizations - LALís offer canít be tied or close with another offer to win the bid. Theyíre going to have to exceed the next best teams offer by a good margin for NO to accept

Then the trade wouldn't happen.

angelsfan1984
06-14-2019, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=warfelg;32988185]Add in Ball coming off that knee/ankle issue and players usually aren't the same. Ingram has that thoracic outlet syndrome that he had surgery for.

Thoracic outlet can be fixed through physical therapy or surgery. In his case surgery was the decision because it was causing blood clots. I have thoracic outlet and mine was "fixed" with physical therapy. It will be a non issue for him going forward and the blood clots wont be back.

The surgical fix is a stint in the outlet that holds it open. All thoracic outlet is, is a closure of the outlet restricting blood flow and it can cause pain down to the finger tips and in severe cases blood clots. Once the outlet is open you're back to normal. Its caused by over working out and weak upper and lower back muscles. Therapy to on strengthening the lats and back muscles to pull the shoulders back and opening up the outlet. You can see it on athletes or people in general with poor posture or shoulder slouching.

I've been through it so just letting you guys know what I know.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 06:57 PM
Chris Bosh wasnt more talented than Anthony Davis. Would you rather have Chris Bosh or Joakim Noah?

I wasnít comparing their skills I was comparing their availability over the long term. So youíre response is to knock my comparison because of a gap in skill (which I agree with you on, AD >Bosh) but then you throw out Bosh vs Noah? Hahahahaha

MarkieMark48
06-14-2019, 10:58 PM
Don't have the cap space for that IIRC.

They would have all of next year to create the cap room. I think they have about 66 on the payroll for 19-20 and 20-21 as it is now. Beal makes like 23ish, but they'd lose some of that 66 in the trade for Beal... it would be close.

But I also think its easier to understand astrophysics than how the NBA salary cap works, so yea... iduno

MarkieMark48
06-14-2019, 11:02 PM
I wasnít comparing their skills I was comparing their availability over the long term. So youíre response is to knock my comparison because of a gap in skill (which I agree with you on, AD >Bosh) but then you throw out Bosh vs Noah? Hahahahaha

Availability over long term? Oh, sorry I didn't know you were asking me if id rather have an active player in his prime or a guy that's 35 and retired. Sorry for misunderstanding.

MarkieMark48
06-14-2019, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=warfelg;32988185]Add in Ball coming off that knee/ankle issue and players usually aren't the same. Ingram has that thoracic outlet syndrome that he had surgery for.

Thoracic outlet can be fixed through physical therapy or surgery. In his case surgery was the decision because it was causing blood clots. I have thoracic outlet and mine was "fixed" with physical therapy. It will be a non issue for him going forward and the blood clots wont be back.

The surgical fix is a stint in the outlet that holds it open. All thoracic outlet is, is a closure of the outlet restricting blood flow and it can cause pain down to the finger tips and in severe cases blood clots. Once the outlet is open you're back to normal. Its caused by over working out and weak upper and lower back muscles. Therapy to on strengthening the lats and back muscles to pull the shoulders back and opening up the outlet. You can see it on athletes or people in general with poor posture or shoulder slouching.

I've been through it so just letting you guys know what I know.

That's great to know, so it shouldn't be an issue going forward... +1 for the lakers

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2019, 12:48 AM

As overrated as Kuzma and Ingram are youíre right.

Ball
Kuzma
Ingram
4th pick

That should be enough if Boston doesnít give up Tatum

warfelg
06-15-2019, 10:38 AM
I just thought of one:

If you are the Warriors, knowing Klay would be out and KD would be out (if retained); do you use Iggy+Dray+3 future firsts, pulling a 3rd team that wants to unload some young guys, and use that package to get AD?

If heís a one year rental...so what you got Klay and KD returning the next year. If he reups, you reloaded and improved your big 4 concept.

Oakmont_4
06-15-2019, 11:53 AM
I just thought of one:

If you are the Warriors, knowing Klay would be out and KD would be out (if retained); do you use Iggy+Dray+3 future firsts, pulling a 3rd team that wants to unload some young guys, and use that package to get AD?

If heís a one year rental...so what you got Klay and KD returning the next year. If he reups, you reloaded and improved your big 4 concept.

Thatís like $20 mil over the cap just for 4 guys. I doubt the owners are up for paying the tab on that once you calculate the repeater taxes and the rest of the roster. Theyíd be contenders once KD and Klay come back anyways without AD.

hugepatsfan
06-15-2019, 05:31 PM
As a Celtics fan I can't give up Tatum. I thought Tatum regressed last year because he struggled to adjust to playing in a new role but as a rookie he was the go-to scorer on a team that almost beat Lebron to get to the finals. Tatum has the look to me of a guy with LEGIT potential/ability to be a top 3 player on a title team. I can't give that up when AD's camp is so adamant that BOS isn't a place he wants to be long-term.

Now, I think AD is a transcendent talent so I'd do absolutely EVERYTHING ELSE to try and get him.

That starts with included Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart in the package. Then also include Robert Williams because why not - he's young and has flashed some potential to be a rotation piece. Also throw in the #14 pick this year. You also throw in a few future 1sts of our own.

Al Horford has no value to a team like NO that's trading away AD... but he'd be extremely valuable to other teams. Like say HOU for example. And supposedly BOS has talked to them about Cappella. That's a young player who would fit NO's timeline more. Horford is a much more complete player than Capella too so you'd expect that HOU would throw in some future draft picks we well to try and push themselves over the top after GS's injuries. That could all be sent to NO as part of a 3 team deal.

Solomon Hill is a dead weight contract for NO and BOS could offer them that cap relief by taking him back as well since they're sending Horford out.

So in the end it ends up being a 3 team deal with Horford going to HOU, Anthony Davis and Solomon Hill coming to BOS and the following going to NO:

Clint Capella
Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Robert Williams
#14 pick
MEM 1st rounder (top 7 protected next year I believe)
draft pick from HOU down the line (haven't dug into what year they can trade)
future draft picks from BOS

I think that's a very competitive offer based on what I've seen from other reported packages and leaves BOS with Tatum to build around. You take your shot that Tatum and Rozier (re-signed) bounce back to the form they showed during the Kyrie-less playoffs and develop as they looked like they could, Hayward makes a strong year 2 back from injury comeback, AD buys in totally the way Kawhi did in TOR, and then you compliment them well with strong bench signings (Baynes already back, Morris could be re-signed, still have the MLE). And who knows, maybe you get lucky and win it all.

LA_1
06-15-2019, 06:43 PM
AD is a laker officially

Dade County
06-15-2019, 06:45 PM
AD is a laker officially

Lets let a couple of minutes pass lol

Dade County
06-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Sources: Lakers reach deal for Anthony Davis
The Pelicans have agreed to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks -- including the No. 4 overall in next week's draft, league sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

BREAKING NEWS

NIce.... Kawhi is next

MarkieMark48
06-15-2019, 06:48 PM
Im fine with the extra picks and keeping kuz

warfelg
06-15-2019, 06:50 PM
8 years of picks. Yeeesh.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Pelicans made out like bandits. Lonzo/Ingram/Zion/#4 is a bright bright future for them.

Dade County
06-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Pelicans made out like bandits. Lonzo/Ingram/Zion/#4 is a bright bright future for them.

Both teams got what they wanted. A win, win.

MarkieMark48
06-15-2019, 07:37 PM
Both teams got what they wanted. A win, win.

This... and sending ingram and ball opens up more cash for LA. Kemba/Kyrie and then some

IndyRealist
06-16-2019, 03:51 PM
AD is a laker officially

I mean, he's not a Laker, officially. The trade was agreed to in principle, nothing can be signed yet.