PDA

View Full Version : Is Gregg Popovich the Biggest Clown of the 2018-19 Season?

LaVar Ball
06-08-2019, 02:18 AM
He thought that DeMar Derozan, Poetl and a pick would equate to the Claw and Danny Green. So much so that DeRozan is trade bait this summer to open up capsapce to sign ...... Bojan Bogdanovic ?!!?!!

He passed up the Lakers offer and any other offer out there.

So essentially he traded Kawhi for Poetl and Bogdanovic.

And the guy had the nerve to say in the beginning of the season that Kawhi is a great player but he wasn't a leader.

Kawhi to Pop: "Hey Pop, tell me how my *** tastes!"

Chronz
06-08-2019, 02:20 AM
Yeah hes lost his touch as an executive but still a great coach so hes no loser

beasted86
06-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Yeah his arrogance was stifling during some of those interviews last season. "Ask his camp" total stupid moves on his part.

I get he was dealing with a lot in his personal life with his wife's health at the time, but it was just poor handling of the situation. If everyone including Tony Parker just shut TF up and let him take his time with recovery he's probably leading the spurs to WCF or better.

mike_noodles
06-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Youíre a drag on PSD dude.

likemystylez
06-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Frankly hearing Pop give his political opinions and assesments on the republican party have made me lose respect for him and think of him as a joke.

Also for a guy who benefitted from Bruce Bowens defensive tactics for almost a decade- coming out and comparing ZAZA's dirty play to man slaughter was a bit over the top. The one time it worked against his team and he is that upset? I found it laughable that he of all people would all of a sudden be that concerned with that crap.

KobeOwnSU
06-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Pop is a great coach but not taking the Lakers offer and rebuilding instead of taking the safe offer and being mediocre will be the downfall of the modern Spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Nah. Kawhi wanted out and Pops was never going to rebuild.

KobeOwnSU
06-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Iím saying what he should of done not what he did.

zn23
06-08-2019, 10:58 AM
Kawhi was leaving no matter what and they knew that, so they tried to get whatever they could for him.

The Spurs are positioned to have a nice run next year as well.

beasted86
06-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Kawhi was leaving no matter what and they knew that, so they tried to get whatever they could for him.

The Spurs are positioned to have a nice run next year as well.

Run? Like deep playoff run? Only chance is if somehow Murray comes back way better than he was before. I mean like top 10 PG better.

ewing
06-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Nice we haven't had a what's wrong with the Spurs why aren't they tanking thread in a couple years!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Run? Like deep playoff run? Only chance is if somehow Murray comes back way better than he was before. I mean like top 10 PG better.

They did take the 2nd seed to 7 games. They should be okay.

zn23
06-08-2019, 11:36 AM

The West is weaker than it was in previous years. It's going to be easier to get farther in the playoffs. Do I think they'll make it to the finals? No. But I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the Western Conf. Finals.

cmellofan15
06-08-2019, 11:59 AM
The biggest clown of the season?? Dude wouldn't even be a top 5 clown on the Lakers lmaooooooo

Rob Pelinka
Magic Johnson
Jeannie Buss
The Ball Family (and the guy that ripped them off)
Luke Walton

Should we keep going? He got assets in return for a guy who was gonna leave them high and dry.

rocket
06-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Youíre a drag on PSD dude.

stop using the internet then

rocket
06-08-2019, 12:12 PM
he should've traded him to the Lakers tbh. would've got Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, Ingram, Zubac + 1st round pick most likely

but he was so hell bent on not trading him there.

ewing
06-08-2019, 12:40 PM
This thread is like a clown roll call

likemystylez
06-08-2019, 12:52 PM
he should've traded him to the Lakers tbh. would've got Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, Ingram, Zubac + 1st round pick most likely

but he was so hell bent on not trading him there.

That group of players didnt even make the playoffs.... and that was with Lebron James on the team. No way they make the playoffs and take denver to 7 games like derozen did

mike_noodles
06-08-2019, 01:12 PM
stop using the internet then

Thanks for your input great overseer of the internet.

beasted86
06-08-2019, 01:44 PM
The West is weaker than it was in previous years. It's going to be easier to get farther in the playoffs. Do I think they'll make it to the finals? No. But I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the Western Conf. Finals.

I would put extremely slim chances they make it past the first round next season. Aldridge is a year older like 34 next year when most big men take their biggest, Derozan going to be 30 if they keep him... They may lose Rudy Gay and others.

Without a roster shake up through trade or significant improvement from Murray (he's the only young player on the roster I feel has significant growth and all-star potential), I don't see how they make it further than this year. They are trending downward.

mngopher35
06-08-2019, 01:58 PM
No.

I would have gone the rebuild route personally as well if forced into the same situation but cmon this is the Spurs and Pop. Tough situation and they kept the team competitive as it searched for what 20 straight playoffs?

smith&wesson
06-08-2019, 02:03 PM
He thought that DeMar Derozan, Poetl and a pick would equate to the Claw and Danny Green. So much so that DeRozan is trade bait this summer to open up capsapce to sign ...... Bojan Bogdanovic ?!!?!!

And the guy had the nerve to say in the beginning of the season that Kawhi is a great player but he wasn't a leader.

Kawhi to Pop: "Hey Pop, tell me how my *** tastes!"

The ďbiggest clown of the 2018-19 seasonĒ title belongs to the Lakers FO by far

Jamiecballer
06-08-2019, 02:05 PM

Kawhi to Pop: "Hey Pop, tell me how my *** tastes!"San Antonio was desperate and the Raps were happy to step in. Pops took a **** sandwich that's irrefutable.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
06-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Pop just wanted to trade Leonard as far away as possible from home. They trade for DeRozan and the last pick in the first round. Now Pop trying to dumb DeRozan to sign Brojan. Lost Leonard and didnít try to get younger or stock pill picks. Spurs might have to lose assets to trade DeRozan and his contract.

Pop played himself.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Pop just wanted to trade Leonard as far away as possible from home. They trade for DeRozan and the last pick in the first round. Now Pop trying to dumb DeRozan to sign Brojan. Lost Leonard and didnít try to get younger or stock pill picks. Spurs might have to lose assets to trade DeRozan and his contract.

Pop played himself.

deep down inside, we're all happy to have this happen to the spurs. its about ****ing time in my book, be ready for another decade of futiltiy from them

Switch
06-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Pop was never going to trade Kawhi to the Lakers. No way. His ego is bigger than his head

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

D-Leethal
06-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Established coaches that refuse to tank are a horrible factor when it comes to trading your star player.

SiteWolf
06-08-2019, 11:12 PM
Established coaches that refuse to tank are a horrible factor when it comes to trading your star player.

I can't believe people think of tanking as a good thing for a team to do....ever...

And one of the best coaches in the NBA....ever...has to do more than make one 'bad' trade to become a clown

ewing
06-08-2019, 11:13 PM
I can't believe people think of tanking as a good thing for a team to do....ever...

And one of the best coaches in the NBA....ever...has to do more than make one 'bad' trade to become a clown

But PSD says so!

Jamiecballer
06-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Might be more apt to retitled the thread "has anyone ever been ****ed more by a single transaction" rather than blame Popovich.

As far as I'm concerned all this move proved is that the Spurs were desperate to move on from that circus, and nobody would give up legitimate assets to get him. Tough situation.

Heediot
06-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Might be more apt to retitled the thread "has anyone ever been ****ed more by a single transaction" rather than blame Popovich.

As far as I'm concerned all this move proved is that the Spurs were desperate to move on from that circus, and nobody would give up legitimate assets to get him. Tough situation.

They got a fringe all-star player and a rotational prospect. Compare that to what the Raps got for VC, I think Spurs lost the trade but it isn't as super bad your dislike for Derozan makes it seem.

Nobody gets equal value for a top 5 player in a trade.

Jamiecballer
06-09-2019, 10:42 AM
They got a fringe all-star player and a rotational prospect. Compare that to what the Raps got for VC, I think Spurs lost the trade but it isn't as super bad your dislike for Derozan makes it seem.

Nobody gets equal value for a top 5 player in a trade.Kawhi is an all-time great in his prime. You either trade for a real impact player or a highly sought after draft pick. The Raptors had at least 2 assets that would have been more appealing to the Spurs and did not get either. Given the reports that masai has looked to move DeRozan multiple seasons in a row, and reports that DeRozan was being moved no matter what if that deal didnt happen, that's a bad deal. They wanted to end the circus more than any other consideration imo.

Jamiecballer
06-09-2019, 10:47 AM
I will say I do think pops ego gave him reason to think he could transform DeRozan as a player and with his unbelievable success he has earned the right to believe he can turn water into wine.

Heediot
06-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Kawhi is an all-time great in his prime. You either trade for a real impact player or a highly sought after draft pick. The Raptors had at least 2 assets that would have been more appealing to the Spurs and did not get either. Given the reports that masai has looked to move DeRozan multiple seasons in a row, and reports that DeRozan was being moved no matter what if that deal didnt happen, that's a bad deal. They wanted to end the circus more than any other consideration imo.

People were also low-balling the Spurs and using Kawhi's injury and dissatisfaction against them I agree it was a steal, but given the context and what they got in return it wasn't so bad. Just looking at the other thread and this was January not last off-season, most didn't even have him as a top 5 player lol. People were probably sleeping on him more in August.

Heediot
06-09-2019, 10:59 AM
I will say I do think pops ego gave him reason to think he could transform DeRozan as a player and with his unbelievable success he has earned the right to believe he can turn water into wine.

The spacing between him and Aldridge is poor. I think one of them has to go and you build around the other. Bojan is a better fit if he goes that route playing off LMA. But LMA or Derozan need floor spacers if your going to build around one of them.

Jamiecballer
06-09-2019, 11:05 AM
The spacing between him and Aldridge is poor. I think one of them has to go and you build around the other. Bojan is a better fit if he goes that route playing off LMA. But LMA or Derozan need floor spacers if your going to build around one of them.Well that's part of the reason I feel like they took whatever they could get. The Spurs may not be big on analytics but they haven't shown anything to suggest they are stupid either.

Heediot
06-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Well that's part of the reason I feel like they took whatever they could get. The Spurs may not be big on analytics but they haven't shown anything to suggest they are stupid either.

Honestly Pop did pretty good given the roster and Pushed the Nuggets to 7, considering what he had to work with.

Analytics will say Derozan isn't a star, but coaches and players will think differently. That's just reality. He's been voted to asg by coaches before and guys would look to team up him a tonne more vs. say a guy like Covington or Brogdon, whom's analytics numbers might make them look more favorable. Guys would look to join forces with Derozan via trade or FA, vs. those role playing 3-d well rounded types. Just like one of your favorites in Lowry wanted to team/stay teamed with him. And I know you respect Lowry's intelligence.

Jamiecballer
06-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Honestly Pop did pretty good given the roster and Pushed the Nuggets to 7, considering what he had to work with.

Analytics will say Derozan isn't a star, but coaches and players will think differently. That's just reality. He's been voted to asg by coaches before and guys would look to team up him a tonne more vs. say a guy like Covington or Brogdon, whom's analytics numbers might make them look more favorable. Guys would look to join forces with Derozan via trade or FA, vs. those role playing 3-d well rounded types. Just like one of your favorites in Lowry. And I know you respect Lowry's intelligence.Players look up to guys who can score because ever since they've picked up a basketball that's what they are drawn to trying to do. Not a great barometer of anything wouldn't you agree? We've seen many times players look to pair up and can see from a mile away that's going to be less than the sum of it's parts, and almost always is.

And I agree, pop did an amazing job.

Heediot
06-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Players look up to guys who can score because ever since they've picked up a basketball that's what they are drawn to trying to do. Not a great barometer of anything wouldn't you agree? We've seen many times players look to pair up and can see from a mile away that's going to be less than the sum of it's parts, and almost always is.

And I agree, pop did an amazing job.

Just pointing out the psychology and mindset of players and coaches. The reality is analytics is a guide point in reality getting ideal players at ideal prices isn't going to be anywhere close to perfect for most franchises given how the cba is structured, and how stars want to make super teams. Better to have a guy like Derozan to attract players vs. none at all.

In baseball with no cap and max contracts, getting bang for your buck via analytics is easier.

I think it could of been worse for the Spurs in a trade. And it wasn't the worse trade in the world or historically in the nba. We are projecting KL's value now, but his value when the trade went down wasn't as crazy high/ideal as the Spurs would like and in hindsight

kdspurman
06-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Oh man, I don't even know where to start with this thread and some of the comments

kdspurman
06-09-2019, 03:44 PM
deep down inside, we're all happy to have this happen to the spurs. its about ****ing time in my book, be ready for another decade of futiltiy from them

You're gonna be in for a surprise when Murray/Walker/White get big minutes next season to see what those guys can do. Playoff streak ain't ending any time soon.

Plus 2 1st round draft picks for RC? Im excited

kdspurman
06-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Yeah his arrogance was stifling during some of those interviews last season. "Ask his camp" total stupid moves on his part.

I get he was dealing with a lot in his personal life with his wife's health at the time, but it was just poor handling of the situation. If everyone including Tony Parker just shut TF up and let him take his time with recovery he's probably leading the spurs to WCF or better.

That couldn't be further from the truth. Kawhi's camp wanted him out before Parker's comments, or before the 'ask Kawhi's camp' stuff started. It's believed to have started with his summer in China, and once his camp got control of his rehab.

kdspurman
06-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Pop is a great coach but not taking the Lakers offer and rebuilding instead of taking the safe offer and being mediocre will be the downfall of the modern Spurs.

They're in great position if you ask me

Bostonjorge
06-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Pop was going to trade Leonard to Boston for the biggest package of 1st round picks you could get. I seriously believe Pop found a way to ship him even further away and out of the states and that was his deciding factor. Jaylen Brown was made to look like the holding chip to squash the deal.

Spurs where better off keeping Leonard, Parker and Green. They sweep the Warriors in the west finals especially if KD goes down in the 2nd. After Leonard walks to L.A. Spurs look attractive to every free agent in this huge class coming. Winning is always attractive.

j-bay
06-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Nope its still the Lakers. Even with Magic gone, the Lakers still have enough clowns for a 3 ring circus

Jeanie
The rest of the Buss family
Kurt and Linda
Tim Harris
Rob P

IndyRealist
06-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Presumably Lavar is still leeching off his sons, so no.

Headache 21
06-10-2019, 10:21 AM
I love the Lakers stans jumping in and bashing Pop for not taking the same deal that New Orleans didn't want, either.

Maybe, just maybe, that deal isn't very good and you're over valuing your assets. Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

warfelg
06-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Presumably Lavar is still leeching off his sons, so no.

I think he owned multiple companies including 2 CarMax dealerships before his sons made a dime.

IKnowHoops
06-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Well, maybe, but, this being his worst season ever, in which he was a first round exit, puts into perspective how much better he is than everyone else. Letís look at every other coaches ďworst seasonĒ. Bet it doesnít consist of a playoff birth...that is if we can even find a coach with half as many years under his belt...lol

IKnowHoops
06-10-2019, 12:35 PM
The ďbiggest clown of the 2018-19 seasonĒ title belongs to the Lakers FO by far

I mean this way before Pop regardless

LeonFSU
06-10-2019, 04:57 PM
You're gonna be in for a surprise when Murray/Walker/White get big minutes next season to see what those guys can do. Playoff streak ain't ending any time soon.

Plus 2 1st round draft picks for RC? Im excited

I expected Walker to show more this year (and get more opportunities), but obviously plenty of time.

kdspurman
06-10-2019, 09:58 PM
I expected Walker to show more this year (and get more opportunities), but obviously plenty of time.

I think that was the plan, but he had the meniscus injury early on , missed the first few months. Pop felt it would've taken too much to integrate at that point, so he was in the g-league more.

Next year will be a big jump for him

c.c.
06-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Kawhi was leaving anyways (like someone else mentioned)

Iím glad he didnít deal Kawhi to the Lakers.

I see a bunch of bitter Lakers fans mad that teams not taking your unproven prospects for super stars lol.

kdspurman
06-11-2019, 02:05 PM
Well, maybe, but, this being his worst season ever, in which he was a first round exit, puts into perspective how much better he is than everyone else. Letís look at every other coaches ďworst seasonĒ. Bet it doesnít consist of a playoff birth...that is if we can even find a coach with half as many years under his belt...lol

Exactly haha. Many teams would've been happy with that kind of season.

Jamiecballer
06-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Kdspurs

Is it going to create an awkward situation do you think that Popovich is coaching the national team and DeMar was not invited? I found that a little interesting...

Oakmont_4
06-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Iíve always thought Pop was overrated as a coach. Heís good but heís not the NBA coaching God heís made out to be. Heís been extremely lucky in landing Tim Duncan for 20 years and benefitted greatly from it. To a lesser extent Kawhi. Now that he has neither, heís been average to good but not great.

This is the conundrum of the NBA. Star players make careers for everyone around them. Players, coaches, GMís. Thereís a lot of very talented players, coaches and GMís that have had far less to work with and werenít given opportunities they probably deserved because of it.

kdspurman
06-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Kdspurs

Is it going to create an awkward situation do you think that Popovich is coaching the national team and DeMar was not invited? I found that a little interesting...

I was wondering about that too, but I'm sure they have talked about it. He's got a great sense of how to talk to guys, so I'm hoping they figured that out.

kdspurman
06-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Iíve always thought Pop was overrated as a coach. Heís good but heís not the NBA coaching God heís made out to be. Heís been extremely lucky in landing Tim Duncan for 20 years and benefitted greatly from it. To a lesser extent Kawhi. Now that he has neither, heís been average to good but not great.

This is the conundrum of the NBA. Star players make careers for everyone around them. Players, coaches, GMís. Thereís a lot of very talented players, coaches and GMís that have had far less to work with and werenít given opportunities they probably deserved because of it.

I couldn't disagree more honestly.

Star players can certainly make players and everyone around them better. But the role players? Not always the case. There's a lengthy list of players who looked great in SA, go elsewhere (for whatever reasons) and not look as good. Why? Because Pop typically puts those guys in the best position to succeed. He gets the most out of those guys that other coaches don't.

And not really fair to judge the team without Kawhi/TD this past season. Keep in mind, they lost their starting PG for the year, lost their backup PG for 15 or so games, lost a promising young rookie for the first few months, (who was reportedly supposed to have a bigger role) all while integrating significantly new pieces, + probably not fully being over what transpired the previous year with the Kawhi drama, and his wife passing. They still managed to get in the playoffs in the West.

ewing
06-12-2019, 04:43 PM

Star players can certainly make players and everyone around them better. But the role players? Not always the case. There's a lengthy list of players who looked great in SA, go elsewhere (for whatever reasons) and not look as good. Why? Because Pop typically puts those guys in the best position to succeed. He gets the most out of those guys that other coaches don't.

And not really fair to judge the team without Kawhi/TD this past season. Keep in mind, they lost their starting PG for the year, lost their backup PG for 15 or so games, lost a promising young rookie for the first few months, (who was reportedly supposed to have a bigger role) all while integrating significantly new pieces, + probably not fully being over what transpired the previous year with the Kawhi drama, and his wife passing. They still managed to get in the playoffs in the West.

The red rocket succeeds anywhere

kdspurman
06-12-2019, 04:59 PM
The red rocket succeeds anywhere

He's the exception

formula101
06-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Nah G it's that crackhead from Chino Hills LaDouche Ball.

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:54 AM
Kawhi the Klaw

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:54 AM
;)

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:55 AM
Hes top 3

JoBlowDownTheSt
:cool:

JoBlowDownTheSt
Gooing to have some info on this check my post

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 01:46 PM

Did you miss the part where I said heís a good coach? I donít disagree that he gets a lot out of the talent that he has, thatís what good coaches do. But over the last 10 years heís been treated like he can turn water into gold. That any player he touches turns out to be a HOF caliber player thanks to the success he had with Manu and Parker. Who are also great players - but they own a TON to Duncan and Kawhi. Pop does too. Letís see how Pop does the next 5 or so years.

formula101
06-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Pop turning a broken down LMA and 10% from 3's Derozan into a 50 win team. Their third best player is Patty Mills. Ain't no NBA coach doin that with the roster he got.

Redrum187
06-14-2019, 09:01 PM
Pop turning a broken down LMA and 10% from 3's Derozan into a 50 win team. Their third best player is Patty Mills. Ain't no NBA coach doin that with the roster he got.

This. Pop is a notch above Carlisle, but those 2 are clearly the NBA's 2 best coaches. I do think Pop made an emotional statement about Kawhi Leonard, but I think he has apologized for it. I'll cut Pop slack, he isn't perfect/incapable of making mistakes... he is human. I think Pop knows Leonard is the best player in the NBA and is a quiet leader, not unlike Tim Duncan.

Oakmont_4
06-15-2019, 05:55 AM

What? Toronto had 3 straight top 3 finishes in the East led by DeRozen and Lowry. Thatís on par with the Spurs last year. Stevens led a team of Horford and Tatum as a rookie to the ECF. Docs Clippers last year had no players equivalent to DeRozen or Aldridge to the playoffs last year. The Pacers went to the playoffs and finished 4th in the East led by Bagdonovich and no Olidipo

Thereís plenty of coaches in the NBA that couldíve done what Pop did with that roster. Please

SiteWolf
06-15-2019, 07:51 AM
Popovich's impressive career does not hinge on your perception of what he accomplished, or didn't, last year
One of the best...ever...

Jamiecballer
06-15-2019, 08:17 AM
What? Toronto had 3 straight top 3 finishes in the East led by DeRozen and Lowry. Thatís on par with the Spurs last year. Stevens led a team of Horford and Tatum as a rookie to the ECF. Docs Clippers last year had no players equivalent to DeRozen or Aldridge to the playoffs last year. The Pacers went to the playoffs and finished 4th in the East led by Bagdonovich and no Olidipo

Thereís plenty of coaches in the NBA that couldíve done what Pop did with that roster. PleaseYou are drunk. Winning 47 games when your offense comes primarily from 2 chuckers (and the worst kind - 2pt chuckers) is a miracle. They won 47 because of extraordinary bench production

Oakmont_4
06-15-2019, 09:51 AM
You are drunk. Winning 47 games when your offense comes primarily from 2 chuckers (and the worst kind - 2pt chuckers) is a miracle. They won 47 because of extraordinary bench production

What? Iím drunk? In what world is LMA considered a chucker? He accounted for 20% of their offense...DeRozen accounted for another 20%.

Outside of Belinelli, Mills and Bertans what bench production are we talking about? They accounted for a whopping 26% of their offensive production combined.

IKnowHoops
06-15-2019, 04:41 PM

I disagree. Pop is easily the best coach in the NBA. But he is not a God. He is a human being. And he def made a few mistakes with KL. And every time heís opened his mouth about KL heís coming off looking like an butt.

Jamiecballer
06-15-2019, 07:50 PM
What? Iím drunk? In what world is LMA considered a chucker? He accounted for 20% of their offense...DeRozen accounted for another 20%.

Outside of Belinelli, Mills and Bertans what bench production are we talking about? They accounted for a whopping 26% of their offensive production combined.Is there a world where LMA is not?

I suppose when I said bench production I should have said essentially the collective production of all the Spurs not named Aldridge or DeRozan. Those guys collectively shot an incredible percent from deep. Go to basketball reference and sort by TS%. There is the reason they could succeed alongside 2 chuckers from the year 1995.

kdspurman
06-15-2019, 09:30 PM
I disagree. Pop is easily the best coach in the NBA. But he is not a God. He is a human being. And he def made a few mistakes with KL. And every time heís opened his mouth about KL heís coming off looking like an butt.

Couldn't be further from the truth lol (your last sentence)

LaVar Ball
06-16-2019, 05:08 AM
Couldn't be further from the truth lol (your last sentence)

He said Kawhi is a great player but not a leader.

He just led the country to Canada to their first chip. Take that Caca face crater face Pop

Super.
06-16-2019, 05:47 PM
Is this a serious thread?

LaVar Ball
06-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Is this a serious thread?

Sensitive much?

kdspurman
06-17-2019, 09:46 AM
He said Kawhi is a great player but not a leader.

He just led the country to Canada to their first chip. Take that Caca face crater face Pop

He's a lead by example type guy, but not a 'rah rah rah' get in your face type leader.

I'm struggling to see how that's some sort of diss lol

SiteWolf
06-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Sensitive much?

We don't much like that kinda talk at the LaVar Ball School of Sensitivity, eh?

Bostonjorge
06-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Pop is still the best Coach in the game. He made a emotional decision but he still developing stars. White and Murray owe there success to Pop.

Reminds me of when Belichick benched his star CB in the Super Bowl and they lost. Everyone knew is was a mistake and it cost them the Super Bowl. He didnít lose his team tho and clearly Pop didnít lose his team. These guys are the closest thing to a perfect Coach as you can get who demand perfection from its players.