PDA

View Full Version : Will Steph Curry ever win a Finals MVP? How does it affect his legacy?

cmellofan15
06-08-2019, 01:23 AM
The warriors are now facing elimination and possibly the end of the KD era...with things playing out this way do we say Steph getting a finals mvp?? Does it really matter to you if he has one or not?

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 01:25 AM
Not even close KD > Steph

No he won’t win one and yes it Matter, it means he was never his absolute best when it counted most in the NBA Finals.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 01:35 AM
Depends on how you look at it, plenty of inferior players have won FMVP, KD included. We ALL Know who teams gameplanned heavily against when they won. Its not like Larry Bird and Tim Duncan bow down to Cornbread and the Frenchman. In a strange way, it highlights what makes Curry so special, I said this years ago but he will be known as the one superstar who truly made others better for they would have never won FMVP's without him.

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 02:14 AM
I stop reading after “KD included” he was a ***** for sure but he was the best player and major reason they’re B2B Champs.

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 02:17 AM
Depends on how you look at it, plenty of inferior players have won FMVP, KD included. We ALL Know who teams gameplanned heavily against when they won. Its not like Larry Bird and Tim Duncan bow down to Cornbread and the Frenchman. In a strange way, it highlights what makes Curry so special, I said this years ago but he will be known as the one superstar who truly made others better for they would have never won FMVP's without him.

stop... nobody plans for curry over KD.... curry is getting exposed. 1-2 in the finals without KD if they lose this lmfao.... WITH THE BEST TEAM EVER BY THE WAY.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 02:25 AM
I stop reading after “KD included” he was a ***** for sure but he was the best player and major reason they’re B2B Champs.

I stopped reading after you said you stopped reading. Nothing you said is valid

Chronz
06-08-2019, 02:26 AM
stop... nobody plans for curry over KD.... curry is getting exposed. 1-2 in the finals without KD if they lose this lmfao.... WITH THE BEST TEAM EVER BY THE WAY.

false. curry exposed as being superior to KD, yes. 1-2 vs 0-1 without Curry, lmfao how do you think this helps your KD fandom?

Best team ever? Are you even watching them?

LaVar Ball
06-08-2019, 02:39 AM
It doesn't affect him at all. The Warriors existence of being an elite team these last 5 years is all thanks due to the DNA and imprint of a Stephen Curry. He is the culture and trend setter of not just his franchise the last 5 years, but the way the NBA plays and operates these last 5 years a league. Give the man his credit and stop hating. Finals MVPs are not the end all be all. Stop it. It's a flawed award. One star can stink it up the first 3 rounds but it takes a small sample size of 4-7 games where you actually have to be good and get Finals MVP. There should be a PLayoffs MVP, that is more meaningful with a greater sample size of games.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 02:47 AM
It doesn't affect him at all. The Warriors existence of being an elite team these last 5 years is all thanks due to the DNA and imprint of a Stephen Curry. He is the culture and trend setter of not just his franchise the last 5 years, but the way the NBA plays and operates these last 5 years a league. Give the man his credit and stop hating. Finals MVPs are not the end all be all. Stop it. It's a flawed award. One star can stink it up the first 3 rounds but it takes a small sample size of 4-7 games where you actually have to be good and get Finals MVP. There should be a PLayoffs MVP, that is more meaningful with a greater sample size of games.

i mean its not irrelevant it does hurt him. just matters on the comp. to the likes of KD, it doesn't hurt him. VS the likes of Bron, YUP

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 03:16 AM
false. curry exposed as being superior to KD, yes. 1-2 vs 0-1 without Curry, lmfao how do you think this helps your KD fandom?

Best team ever? Are you even watching them?

How many finals MVPs? before durant... 3-1 blown.... with durant... durant carries and gets 2 finals MVPs... durant is out... down 1-3... eat your crow and stop. You and hawk are actually adorable at this point when it comes to KD.

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 03:30 AM
lol i legit am so ****ing happy how chronz and hawk came out and said THE WARRIORS dont need durant after they beat the **** rockets and i stated wait until the finals when they actually face a real team... AND BOOM goes the dynamite.

My bad the blazers were suppose to be LEGIT... to people who honestly cant understand the sport lol. The west this year was a cake walk

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:38 AM
How many finals MVPs? before durant... 3-1 blown.... with durant... durant carries and gets 2 finals MVPs... durant is out... down 1-3... eat your crow and stop. You and hawk are actually adorable at this point when it comes to KD.

Wait, not winning FMVP is suppose to be shameful vs a guy who ALSO didn't win FMVP and LOST altogether for years before running to the champ? lmfao you got your prioritities twisted champ.

3-1 blown? Yeah, KD did that too only he did it to Curry, another axe to your argument there bud.

If KD could carry the team wouldn't struggle without Curry around and he wouldn't have gotten the taste smacked out his mouth when he succumbed to big daddy.

You keep pretending there is crow to eat but you have utterly failed at defending your fandom

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:40 AM
lol i legit am so ****ing happy how chronz and hawk came out and said THE WARRIORS dont need durant after they beat the **** rockets and i stated wait until the finals when they actually face a real team... AND BOOM goes the dynamite.

My bad the blazers were suppose to be LEGIT... to people who honestly cant understand the sport lol. The west this year was a cake walk
delusions my friend, i never spoke out on it because tre was spanking you proper but since hes gone, i will gladly take his mantle and politely inform you of your ignorance to reality. Curry made KD his *****, yes Curry can win more when he has his ***** around.

Blazers? What BS you peddling with that one, look up my comment, disprove it even now. Ask Valade if he wanted KD around for that series lmfao

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 04:25 AM
its alright chronz we get it... you hate durant and were super excited when you thought the warriors would win a title without him because they beat... wait for it... THE BLAZERS lmfao... you got destroyed... the east are destroying them without durant because they are focusing in on curry and his 1 dimensional play... Durant has taken a big old shat on every single persons hate right now... lick it... take it in... accepts it and move on.

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 04:27 AM
delusions my friend, i never spoke out on it because tre was spanking you proper but since hes gone, i will gladly take his mantle and politely inform you of your ignorance to reality. Curry made KD his *****, yes Curry can win more when he has his ***** around.

Blazers? What BS you peddling with that one, look up my comment, disprove it even now. Ask Valade if he wanted KD around for that series lmfao

making someone your ***** is not begging them to come save you from another player while offering to take a back seat to the person you so called made your *****... move on... you have lost... BUT YO... they beat the blazers amirite? lmfao

Chronz
06-08-2019, 04:34 AM
making someone your ***** is not begging them to come save you from another player while offering to take a back seat to the person you so called made your *****... move on... you have lost... BUT YO... they beat the blazers amirite? lmfao
Poppycock. KD lost far sooner and in worse fashion lol. We already KNOW who runs this squad so keep on smugly ignoring the debate and delude yourself. You cant defend your belief, move on indeed.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 04:36 AM
its alright chronz we get it... you hate durant and were super excited when you thought the warriors would win a title without him because they beat... wait for it... THE BLAZERS lmfao... you got destroyed... the east are destroying them without durant because they are focusing in on curry and his 1 dimensional play... Durant has taken a big old shat on every single persons hate right now... lick it... take it in... accepts it and move on.

Except we have already been proven right. For reference check their immense success with, without and VS KD.

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 04:44 AM
Poppycock. KD lost far sooner and in worse fashion lol. We already KNOW who runs this squad so keep on smugly ignoring the debate and delude yourself. You cant defend your belief, move on indeed.

um except i can

finals mvps for durant?
finals mvps for curry?
did curry offer to take a back seat to durant after blowing a 3-1 lead with 2 of the final 3 games at home?
did durant join and go on to be the best/better and MOST VALUABLE player since joining?
what did the warriors do in this finals without durant?

i will wait.

Heediot
06-08-2019, 05:30 AM
it seems to me both guys need crazy *** help.

why some people can't get clued in on the fact that durant needs help as well is beyond me, oh wait people here aren't objective but look to troll and validate their agendas.

durant is more reliant on others to get him to a finals, whereas curry is ore reliant on a closer in the finals.

Saddletramp
06-08-2019, 05:45 AM
I stopped reading after you said you stopped reading. Nothing you said is valid

Haha, GOT ‘IM!

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 06:28 AM

why some people can't get clued in on the fact that durant needs help as well is beyond me, oh wait people here aren't objective but look to troll and validate their agendas.

durant is more reliant on others to get him to a finals, whereas curry is ore reliant on a closer in the finals.

durant got to the finals before but couldnt get passed the guy that curry begged him to come help him get passed because having 2 all world players and the best 6th man in the game wasnt enough.... durant went against the best team ever in curry/klay/dray/iggy and an insane bench with a horrid teammate that even pg13 cant help get out of the first round in westy... THINK ABOUT THAT.

Heediot
06-08-2019, 06:32 AM
durant got to the finals before but couldnt get passed the guy that curry begged him to come help him get passed because having 2 all world players and the best 6th man in the game wasnt enough.... durant went against the best team ever in curry/klay/dray/iggy and an insane bench with a horrid teammate that even pg13 cant help get out of the first round in westy... THINK ABOUT THAT.

kd needs to prove more given the way you talk him up. he had a stacked legit contender for quite a bit in okc and only went to the finals once with a rwb/harden and a spry ibaka. up 3-1 and choked it vs gs.

ewing
06-08-2019, 07:50 AM

People plan differently for Curry then they do other players. It not a pick your poison type situation like when Pop stay home on screen rolls and basically just let Nash light him up. More people chase Curry outside more people pack the paint on Kawhi. He is just a different type of star but like always whenever you see something new you create some crazy narrative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
06-08-2019, 07:54 AM

Would he ever had won playoff MVP?

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 07:59 AM
kd needs to prove more given the way you talk him up. he had a stacked legit contender for quite a bit in okc and only went to the finals once with a rwb/harden and a spry ibaka. up 3-1 and choked it vs gs.

this is just stupid... harden wasnt the player he is now so using him as am example then is borderline silly... how far did PG13 a top 3 mvp get this year with russ by the way??????????????????????? RUSS WAS THE PROBLEM... KD KNEW IT... He rolled out because he understands the stupidity of the fans and media and how rings matter to the less intellectual when it comes to evaluating overall legacy in the sport considering lebron was as dominant as any and gets **** on daily because he couldnt bring the worst team ever to a title and never had a pippen..

pg13 will demand out soon because he now realizes the dumb **** KD went through... PG13 a top 3 mvp this year couldnt get his team passed the first round... KD GOT THEM TO THE finals and then the WCF WITH THE ANCHOR THAT IS WESTY HOLDING HIM DOWN AND ALMOST UPSET THE BEST TEAM EVER... My god people come on

Heediot
06-08-2019, 08:18 AM
this is just stupid... harden wasnt the player he is now so using him as am example then is borderline silly... how far did PG13 a top 3 mvp get this year with russ by the way??????????????????????? RUSS WAS THE PROBLEM... KD KNEW IT... He rolled out because he understands the stupidity of the fans and media and how rings matter to the less intellectual when it comes to evaluating overall legacy in the sport considering lebron was as dominant as any and gets **** on daily because he couldnt bring the worst team ever to a title and never had a pippen..

pg13 will demand out soon because he now realizes the dumb **** KD went through... PG13 a top 3 mvp this year couldnt get his team passed the first round... KD GOT THEM TO THE finals and then the WCF WITH THE ANCHOR THAT IS WESTY HOLDING HIM DOWN AND ALMOST UPSET THE BEST TEAM EVER... My god people come on

just as you use iggy and cousins greatness to beat down curry. vegas had okc as favs to beat the heat that year to boot.

listen kd and curry get exposed more then people want to admit when they aren't playing together in that symbiotic relationship in gs. look at kd's shooting numbers from the field without curry and on okc.

i told your *** raps were better in the finals without kd, but you prop them up so you can beat down curry and anoint kd if they fail. they are both over-rated but you get more enjoyment bashing curry to realize this. kd doesn';t have that grown man strength and like kawhi and lebron to beast regardless of matchup and defense. like curry he's brittle and you can **** with him physically if defense have to key in on him more vs. they do in gs.

ewing
06-08-2019, 09:26 AM

First they weren't the best team ever, Second Westy was a big reason they got to the 7th game of the WCF. KD was not great closing that series.

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 09:34 AM
First they weren't the best team ever, Second Westy was a big reason they got to the 7th game of the WCF. KD was not great closing that series.

they were def arguably the best team ever because of how insane their depth was and their defense etc... Durant def didnt shoot great but he did more than enough but you say westy was a big reason they got to a game 7?????????????

here ya go bud

he shot 62 for 157 with 32 turnovers in a 7 game series.......

They were both the problem BUT the key here is............................................ WESTY JUST HAD A DUDE HAVE A TOP 3 MVP SEASON AND HE STILL COULDNT GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND... Do we not understand how insane that is? Westy IS the problem

ewing
06-08-2019, 09:39 AM
settle down

beasted86
06-08-2019, 10:09 AM
just as you use iggy and cousins greatness to beat down curry. vegas had okc as favs to beat the heat that year to boot.

listen kd and curry get exposed more then people want to admit when they aren't playing together in that symbiotic relationship in gs. look at kd's shooting numbers from the field without curry and on okc.

i told your *** raps were better in the finals without kd, but you prop them up so you can beat down curry and anoint kd if they fail. they are both over-rated but you get more enjoyment bashing curry to realize this. kd doesn';t have that grown man strength and like kawhi and lebron to beast regardless of matchup and defense. like curry he's brittle and you can **** with him physically if defense have to key in on him more vs. they do in gs.
Most people don't understand that both Curry and Durant are overrated. Both jumpshooter types who take a bunch of bad shots and contested 3s for no reason, bailing out the defense more than they should. I never had a problem until they started propping them up higher than LeBron over the last few years and daring to suggest Durant is going to finish a top 10 player.

warfelg
06-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Curry likely won’t ever win a Finals MVP. But he doesn’t need it for his legacy. 3 rings, one of the best shooters of all time, 5 straight finals.

Fans make too much out of trivial things IMO and Finals MVP is one of those things. Like who cares. Iggy is a Finals MVP. Doesn’t make him one of the greatest all time players.

warfelg
06-08-2019, 10:14 AM
They were both the problem BUT the key here is............................................ WESTY JUST HAD A DUDE HAVE A TOP 3 MVP SEASON AND HE STILL COULDNT GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND... Do we not understand how insane that is? Westy IS the problem

You do know Paul George effectively played the last quarter of his season and the playoffs with one arm right? He had a partial ligament tear and a labrum tear. Most players would sit out with that.

zn23
06-08-2019, 11:02 AM
I hope he eventually does. Just not in this series.

He's a legendary and a revolutionary player, that deserves that it.

IMO, the award should be changed to post season MVP. Similar to the Conn Smythe trophy in Hockey.

Only because you could potentially 28 games (4 7 game series).

ewing
06-08-2019, 11:05 AM
I hope he eventually does. Just not in this series.

He's a legendary and a revolutionary player, that deserves that it.

IMO, the award should be changed to post season MVP. Similar to the Conn Smythe trophy in Hockey.

Only because you could potentially 28 games (4 7 game series).

If you did that I think you would have to be willing to give to players that don't necessarily win the whole thing. I guess it would almost always come from a player on the final two teams

Vee-Rex
06-08-2019, 11:12 AM
I like Steph Curry quite a lot - I don't like Durant at all. He's a *****.

But people still stuck on the 'Curry is better because he's gameplanned for' are pretty lost. When you have two elite superstars who are VERY close in terms of who is better, you gameplan to stop the one that is easier to gameplan for.

Curry is gameplanned for because it's EASIER to disrupt his flow. Not because he's objectively ~better~ than Durant. Curry is far more likely to get frustrated and commit stupid fouls. Curry is far more likely to be exposed on defense and make critical errors. Curry is far more likely to commit turnovers. You double/trap/hedge/switch/attack Curry because it's more likely to generate better results.

I watched my Cavs try to do that to Durant for 2 games in the 2017 finals and they got annihilated. KD's length is just too much - he has an easier time passing out of a trap and anticipating traps than Curry. He's simply bigger. After a certain point you just gotta shrug your shoulders, play him one on one, get a hand in his face and hope he misses. Hope he has a bad shooting game while doing a lot of ISO. He's IMPOSSIBLE to stop. He stops himself.

Not trying to take anything away from Curry but I just want to put to rest the notion that Curry is better just because he's gameplanned for. No, it's because he's more likely to **** the bed than Durant is.

If GS loses this series, then it will legitimize the questions we have regarding Curry (needing Durant, only title being against a hurt team, no FMVPs) if we're going to compare Curry to the all-time greats.

Curry should not be exempt from criticism and people acting like he should be are just fanboys, closet or not.

ewing
06-08-2019, 11:26 AM

But people still stuck on the 'Curry is better because he's gameplanned for' are pretty lost. When you have two elite superstars who are VERY close in terms of who is better, you gameplan to stop the one that is easier to gameplan for.

Curry is gameplanned for because it's EASIER to disrupt his flow. Not because he's objectively ~better~ than Durant. Curry is far more likely to get frustrated and commit stupid fouls. Curry is far more likely to be exposed on defense and make critical errors. Curry is far more likely to commit turnovers. You double/trap/hedge/switch/attack Curry because it's more likely to generate better results.

I watched my Cavs try to do that to Durant for 2 games in the 2017 finals and they got annihilated. KD's length is just too much - he has an easier time passing out of a trap and anticipating traps than Curry. He's simply bigger. After a certain point you just gotta shrug your shoulders, play him one on one, get a hand in his face and hope he misses. Hope he has a bad shooting game while doing a lot of ISO. He's IMPOSSIBLE to stop. He stops himself.

Not trying to take anything away from Curry but I just want to put to rest the notion that Curry is better just because he's gameplanned for. No, it's because he's more likely to **** the bed than Durant is.

If GS loses this series, then it will legitimize the questions we have regarding Curry (needing Durant, only title being against a hurt team, no FMVPs) if we're going to compare Curry to the all-time greats.

Curry should not be exempt from criticism and people acting like he should be are just fanboys, closet or not.

He is a different type of star and anytime something is different I think some people go off the deep end. Yes people chase him more, yes his range creates backdoor opportunities, and opens the floor but people but GS is also packing the **** out the interior to try and prevent KL from operating in space. thats just a different game plan based on different skill sets. KD ability to turn and shoot at 7 foot lets him get off a good shot at anytime and while that doesn't create for others as often as having two guys chase you off a screen it does get KD a good shot every time. If KD needed a screen all the time he'd be getting doubled all the time too. Again, different skill sets = different game plans.

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 12:24 PM

They’re choking on the KD ****!!! What a great series! Finish them!

Chronz
06-08-2019, 01:08 PM
um except i can

finals mvps for durant?
finals mvps for curry?
did curry offer to take a back seat to durant after blowing a 3-1 lead with 2 of the final 3 games at home?
did durant join and go on to be the best/better and MOST VALUABLE player since joining?
what did the warriors do in this finals without durant?

i will wait.

Finals mvp ? So is Curry the leader of their first chip or was it Iggy?
How can Curry take the "backseat" if his team misses him the most, struggles without him the most , wins the most with him and not with KD? I think you care too much about shots rather than impact and results.

In order to be the superior player , shouldnt he influence the game at a higher level?

What did the Warriors do in this Finals, umm make it further than KD ever could without big daddy.

Your argument wants to ignore too much all for the sake a finals MVP.

ILl wait

Chronz
06-08-2019, 01:09 PM

mngopher used to make this argument all the time about KD, where is that guy?

Chronz
06-08-2019, 01:11 PM
People plan differently for Curry then they do other players. It not a pick your poison type situation like when Pop stay home on screen rolls and basically just let Nash light him up. More people chase Curry outside more people pack the paint on Kawhi. He is just a different type of star but like always whenever you see something new you create some crazy narrative

yes they plan differently, the way they plan for curry opens up the game more for his teammates than any other star, its why we see their effectiveness increase far more than any other. Check out KD before running to Curry for an example of this

Chronz
06-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Curry likely won’t ever win a Finals MVP. But he doesn’t need it for his legacy. 3 rings, one of the best shooters of all time, 5 straight finals.

Fans make too much out of trivial things IMO and Finals MVP is one of those things. Like who cares. Iggy is a Finals MVP. Doesn’t make him one of the greatest all time players.

agreed, basic fans do make too much out of trivial things like FMVP's. TP and Cornbread know who the man truly was, so does Iggy.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 01:18 PM

Its just one of the reasons but I disagree completely, we've already seen these 2 lead their squads and when teams threw the kitchen sink at KD the way they do Curry, its shown which struggles to a higher degree. If you dont treat Curry with that kind of respect he goes off on you. How would it legitimize anything about this debate when the same critique holds doubly true for the inferior player in kD.

mngopher35
06-08-2019, 01:29 PM
mngopher used to make this argument all the time about KD, where is that guy?

Haha did you see me lurking here the last couple weeks or so? Guess I should be posting too lol as I have been checking in. Just got a little busy/interest in NBA had been down a little so my time on the main forum took a hit.

mngopher35
06-08-2019, 01:38 PM

So Chronz just responded to heediot making a point I used to say Durant is more reliant on others to create for team, Curry creates for others etc. and that is the key aspect here. You are right it doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other but at the same time the reasoning teams play them this way isn't it is easier to stop Curry/his flow, it is that Curry is the engine so stopping his flow stops the teams flow.

Curry helps the team as a whole more, Durant takes advantage of mismatches created and when the team is incapable creates for himself. You don't need to try and stop the guy who is either taking advantage of opportunities created by others (aka it's the others you need to actually get under control) or going to be taking difficult shots anyways when they can't.

As a team defense the engine/individual creating open opportunities for the team as a whole is what needs to be stopped and that is why teams game plan for Curry. GS is rare in that normally each would be focused on given their talent but all we are seeing is why a creator is more important (from a stopping/defensive standpoint) in the sense of gameplanning and attention and so on.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Man I wish it was Curry who got hurt so that we could be watching either the Rockets or the Blazers get swept by the Raps.

Haha did you see me lurking here the last couple weeks or so? Guess I should be posting too lol as I have been checking in. Just got a little busy/interest in NBA had been down a little so my time on the main forum took a hit.

its easy to tell when the heavy hitters have been absent. Hawk is prolly on vacation or something, tre prolly found a new lease on life after his ban. I just remember your RWB vs KD in the post season arguments and my thoughts manifested your return.....

mngopher35
06-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Man I wish it was Curry who got hurt so that we could be watching either the Rockets or the Blazers get swept by the Raps.

its easy to tell when the heavy hitters have been absent. Hawk is prolly on vacation or something, tre prolly found a new lease on life after his ban. I just remember your RWB vs KD in the post season arguments and my thoughts manifested your return.....

Ya I mean even a lesser player like RWB was getting more defensive attention at times and overall if you look in depth there are plenty of questions around KD given talent around him throughout career.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything individually outside of style/creating aspect but I think people largely overlook Durants flaws in this area/why teams don't need to focus on him to the extent other elite players have been (Kawhi gets more attention as an example as somewhat similar player even).

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Gopher traded MJ!!!

mngopher35
06-08-2019, 02:03 PM
Gopher traded MJ!!!

hahaha I remember that and you posting in the forum/vming lakers fans etc to vote, probably the most active vote in years though

Vee-Rex
06-08-2019, 02:14 PM
So Chronz just responded to heediot making a point I used to say Durant is more reliant on others to create for team, Curry creates for others etc. and that is the key aspect here. You are right it doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other but at the same time the reasoning teams play them this way isn't it is easier to stop Curry/his flow, it is that Curry is the engine so stopping his flow stops the teams flow.

Curry helps the team as a whole more, Durant takes advantage of mismatches created and when the team is incapable creates for himself. You don't need to try and stop the guy who is either taking advantage of opportunities created by others (aka it's the others you need to actually get under control) or going to be taking difficult shots anyways when they can't.

As a team defense the engine/individual creating open opportunities for the team as a whole is what needs to be stopped and that is why teams game plan for Curry. GS is rare in that normally each would be focused on given their talent but all we are seeing is why a creator is more important (from a stopping/defensive standpoint) in the sense of gameplanning and attention and so on.

Curry helps the team more as a whole in the regular season - yes. But in the playoffs it's a real discussion. Iso ball becomes even more critical.

People on this site don't like hearing that but it's the truth. Playoffs do not equal regular season.

Why are the Warriors constantly committing turnovers this series? Because they pass the ball more - this becomes a bit of a double edged sword in deep playoff runs.

Don't get me wrong - passing the ball is crucial. Too much iso is bad. But there IS such a thing as too much passing - something no one ever seems to acknowledge.

KD gives them that sweet relief. Hos ability to get any bucket from anywhere no matter the defense is CRUCIAL and too many people devalue this ability. Curry hasn't proven he could do that consistently. In the 3rd quarter of game 4, it was Kawhi who elevated the Raps. GS, missing KD, had no one to match that.

Sometimes the teammates shots aren't falling. This is what separated MJ from his peers. He could RELIABLY get those buckets when needed. And we're only talking about one side of the ball. KD is a much better defender than Curry.

Curry is not exempt from criticism. That's my new slogan lol.

mngopher35
06-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Curry helps the team more as a whole in the regular season - yes. But in the playoffs it's a real discussion. Iso ball becomes even more critical.

People on this site don't like hearing that but it's the truth. Playoffs do not equal regular season.

Why are the Warriors constantly committing turnovers this series? Because they pass the ball more - this becomes a bit of a double edged sword in deep playoff runs.

Don't get me wrong - passing the ball is crucial. Too much iso is bad. But there IS such a thing as too much passing - something no one ever seems to acknowledge.

KD gives them that sweet relief. Hos ability to get any bucket from anywhere no matter the defense is CRUCIAL and too many people devalue this ability. Curry hasn't proven he could do that consistently. In the 3rd quarter of game 4, it was Kawhi who elevated the Raps. GS, missing KD, had no one to match that.

Sometimes the teammates shots aren't falling. This is what separated MJ from his peers. He could RELIABLY get those buckets when needed. And we're only talking about one side of the ball. KD is a much better defender.

Defenses tighten up as well is part of this. Part of the reason you have/need more iso ball in the playoffs is the easier opportunities get limited. By helps the team more as a whole I mean creating wise for said team not overall impact on both sides leading to wins though. This is true of Curry either way tbh doesn't matter regular or post season he is more important for the other players individually offensively because he creates for them.

Ok, I never said they were the same and agree.

I agree that the ball moves more without Durant in there but if you don't pass it to KD 1v1 on a PG then another pass that normally might not happen has to if it is cook with said opportunity now etc. taking away talent also makes things tougher on an offense.

Again I never said this and would acknowledge it can happen but I don't think there has been a good argument made curry does this too much.

Yes his ability to ISO is crucial. Steph's ability to create for others/take attention is crucial. Take out one and it puts a ton more pressure on the other and we will see the game/team change due to it. Neither has proven the ability to do what the other can consistently. If that is bad for Curry I say that is also bad for KD because both aspects are critical.

He could also reliably create for others and the rules were much different where team defenses did not have the same flexibility to react. Neither is MJ here though and if your point is that killer mentality/1v1 game is proof of better player all those Kobe fans are validated finally I guess lol.

Never said he was, I was calling out issues in your reasoning above and explaining why defenses focus on him more.

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 02:46 PM
hahaha I remember that and you posting in the forum/vming lakers fans etc to vote, probably the most active vote in years though

I miss you Gophy!

ewing
06-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Defenses tighten up as well is part of this. Part of the reason you have/need more iso ball in the playoffs is the easier opportunities get limited. By helps the team more as a whole I mean creating wise for said team not overall impact on both sides leading to wins though. This is true of Curry either way tbh doesn't matter regular or post season he is more important for the other players individually offensively because he creates for them.

I agree that the ball moves more without Durant in there but if you don't pass it to KD 1v1 on a PG then another pass that normally might not happen has to if it is cook with said opportunity now etc. taking away talent also makes things tougher on an offense.

Again I never said this and would acknowledge it can happen but I don't think there has been a good argument made curry does this too much.

Yes his ability to ISO is crucial. Steph's ability to create for others/take attention is crucial. Take out one and it puts a ton more pressure on the other and we will see the game/team change due to it. Neither has proven the ability to do what the other can consistently. If that is bad for Curry I say that is also bad for KD because both aspects are critical.

He could also reliably create for others and the rules were much different where team defenses did not have the same flexibility to react. Neither is MJ here though and if your point is that killer mentality/1v1 game is proof of better player all those Kobe fans are validated finally I guess lol.

Never said he was, I was calling out issues in your reasoning above and explaining why defenses focus on him more.

Solid post

Chronz
06-08-2019, 02:55 PM

Sometimes the teammates shots aren't falling. This is what separated MJ from his peers. He could RELIABLY get those buckets when needed. And we're only talking about one side of the ball. KD is a much better defender than Curry.

just gonna chime in on a few you got here.

Mainly, that nobody except for fans of RS players (like Houston with Harden) claim the RS and PS have little differences. As by far the most qualified to consider himself a historian on the sport in this beast, I can attest to the differences that have always been prevalent. Funny to note, Harden has been the most prolific iso scorer this game has ever seen in the RS the past few years but has struggled mighily in the playoffs (relatively speaking). Its about an equal distribution of skills and teamwork.

You know what this reminds me of, our years long debates about Lowry vs Kyrie for their different styles and how their RS vs PS rankings dictate their overall worth. I would agree that Kyries iso game can come in handy more often but that the holes in the rest of his game make it absolutely necessary he produces in order to be valuable. And I would tell you how if we were to switch their roles, Lowry could feasibly be more valuable to a contender and that Kyrie could feasibly struggle as the centerpiece.

Lo and behold, Kyrie in his first actual playoff test as anything resembling the man, his iso supremacy got him no where. Look at Lowry, playing behind a true alpha, his 2 way ability even at such an advanced age have given him a superior post season run.

If we were to redo All-NBA to include the regular season, I think we can agree we switch that vote right?

2. KD would be giving every team that is always in the Finals that sweet relief. He has ALOT more left to prove than Curry is the only point that matters. Hes far sloppier as the centerpiece/playmaker than you think

Chronz
06-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Heres what I dont understand, we gave KD **** for joining a team that lost in the Finals. Now the same people who are still ******** on KD are now suppose to stop because his team will once again lose in the Finals and are injured beyond just KD?

LMFAO, like what? The criticism Hawk and I have laid out is consistent, its these KD fan boys who want to move the goal posts.

ewing
06-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Heres what I dont understand, we gave KD **** for joining a team that lost in the Finals. Now the same people who are still ******** on KD are now suppose to stop because his team will once again lose in the Finals and are injured beyond just KD?

LMFAO, like what? The criticism Hawk and I have laid out is consistent, its these KD fan boys who want to move the goal posts.

He still made a ***** move. The fact that they are losing again without him might make some reassess weather they need him or not but we know you care not for results

mngopher35
06-08-2019, 03:28 PM

I haven't been around enough and would want way more context/an idea of how things have gone on around here.

Considering how it was back then I tended to side with you/Hawk and do believe I have been pretty consistent throughout/still am. It seemed to me if anything Vee-Rex was annoyed at the Curry hype more than anything but again I haven't been around.

Moving goal posts is not specific to any group though haha and I am sure there has been plenty. I think you can question both of them individually based on what we saw and KD still has the bigger negative mark as the one who chose to jump to the already made champs etc. without him. My biggest issue has always been this team is too good/talented/fit to ever make them have to improve/show they hit that next level and added the aspects missing to their game. I will say Curry at least has had a chance to show that (even if a bit tough situation with injuries) and is being outplayed by Kawhi.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:40 PM
He still made a ***** move. The fact that they are losing again without him might make some reassess weather they need him or not but we know you care not for results

Results are what we're all talking about, theyre in the Finals. They closed out 2 teams and won an actual Finals game with much of their money on the bench and key players injured beyond KD. Im not exactly sure why you think the results that are consistent are suppose to change what has consistently been said about him.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:42 PM
I haven't been around enough and would want way more context/an idea of how things have gone on around here.

Considering how it was back then I tended to side with you/Hawk and do believe I have been pretty consistent throughout/still am. It seemed to me if anything Vee-Rex was annoyed at the Curry hype more than anything but again I haven't been around.

Moving goal posts is not specific to any group though haha and I am sure there has been plenty. I think you can question both of them individually based on what we saw and KD still has the bigger negative mark as the one who chose to jump to the already made champs etc. without him. My biggest issue has always been this team is too good/talented/fit to ever make them have to improve/show they hit that next level and added the aspects missing to their game. I will say Curry at least has had a chance to show that (even if a bit tough situation with injuries) and is being outplayed by Kawhi.

Thats the thing, I've had Kawhi above both Curry and KD for awhile now. Him potentially dethroning them is suppose to be some sort of shock for some reason, as if I shouldn't cash in these bets I made without bowing down to some absurd logic.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:44 PM
If they "needed" KD, then why didn't they lose sooner. The team needs KD only in the sense that if you added any great player to an already Finals caliber squad, they would tip the scale. Yeah no ****ing ****, thats why we gave him so much **** for not creating his own power and instead dick riding Curry and co. Thats not something to be proud of.

ewing
06-08-2019, 03:45 PM
Results are what we're all talking about, theyre in the Finals. They closed out 2 teams and won an actual Finals game with much of their money on the bench and key players injured beyond KD. Im not exactly sure why you think the results that are consistent are suppose to change what has consistently been said about him.

If what one says is they don’t need him and they lose before him, win with him, then lose again without him
If person cared about results they might want to reassess. We know you aren’t that person

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:46 PM
If what one says is they don’t need him and they lose before him, win with him, then lose again without him
If person cared about results they might want to reassess. We know you aren’t that person

read above got guy

ewing
06-08-2019, 03:47 PM
If they "needed" KD, then why didn't they lose sooner. The team needs KD only in the sense that if you added any great player to an already Finals caliber squad, they would tip the scale. Yeah no ****ing ****, thats why we gave him so much **** for not creating his own power and instead dick riding Curry and co. Thats not something to be proud of.

Oh I thought by don’t need him you meant that they would win the Chip anyway. Actually im sure you did

ewing
06-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Chronz your the historian keep explaining why you are wrong. You are good at

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Oh I thought by don’t need him you meant that they would win the Chip anyway. Actually im sure you did

They could potentially win the chip if they were healthy beyond just missing KD, yes. Not overwhelming favorites but definitely contenders. In other words, the way the NBA has usually worked before KD joined a team that had already proven so much without him, and continues to prove it today. In other words, we've been consistent.

Hey guys you add KD the team is better, oh my gawd what a revelation.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:51 PM

Yeah well you suck at telling the truth so ....

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 04:27 PM

Looool he’s often wrong, I’m loving this **** man!! Let’s gooo RAPS!

Heediot
06-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Thats the thing, I've had Kawhi above both Curry and KD for awhile now. Him potentially dethroning them is suppose to be some sort of shock for some reason, as if I shouldn't cash in these bets I made without bowing down to some absurd logic.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?942246-NBA-s-current-top-5-players

interesting to look back on the comments and rankings.

Heediot
06-08-2019, 04:50 PM
^^^ Pretty sure Kawhi's going to get more love after this run and bumped up quite a bit by most.

Wonder how people rank Curry and KD now?

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Was I the only one to have Kawhi in the top 5 back then!?!?!? Swoooooop!

Chronz
06-08-2019, 04:58 PM
https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?942246-NBA-s-current-top-5-players

LOoking back to the instance the Raps acquired Kawhi, it seemed as if I was the only one who suggested them as the conference best team aside from Raps fans. Many of these people were riding Boston for some reason. Now Im the one who has to rethink his stance for being consistent? LMFAO, you guys. Ill read thru that thread

Chronz
06-08-2019, 05:00 PM
lol just skimmed thru it and my gawd the disrespect Kawhi got, especially from MBT.

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Nope both you and Hawkeye had Kawhi in the top 5 too, everyone sleeping!

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 05:13 PM
I had them winning and getting to the finals, even giving GS fits! Saw this **** coming baaaaby let’s GOOO RAPS!!!

Heediot
06-08-2019, 05:14 PM
I had them winning and getting to the finals, even giving GS fits! Saw this **** coming baaaaby let’s GOOO RAPS!!!

:cheers:

Chronz
06-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Nope both you and Hawkeye had Kawhi in the top 5 too, everyone sleeping!

proof?

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 05:57 PM
proof?

check the link!

Chronz
06-08-2019, 06:02 PM
check the link!

so no proof? check the link

Chronz
06-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Heres how it works young blood

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?941583-Remember-when-kawhi-was-a-product-of-the-system

Literally a thread proclaiming him 2nd best in 2018.

Heres a thread early in 2018 asking if the Spurs would win 50 without Kawhi when it seemed as tho they were on pace for it. Guess who was the minority on that one : https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?933278-Can-the-Spurs-win-50-games-without-Leonard

Heres a thread in 2017 asking who the heir apparent to Kobe was. Guess who says Kawhi : https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?931971-Who-is-the-heir-apparent-to-Kobe-Bryant

Heres Tre asking for our all-nba ballots, guess who finds a way to squeeze kawhi on first team:https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?944230-All-NBA-Teams

believe me when i say this, i've been alert to kawhi long before any of you except for maybe Indy and that is doubly impressive considering the guy the majority of PSD used to find superior was his teams franchise guy.

goingfor28
06-08-2019, 06:55 PM

Curry should not be exempt from criticism and people acting like he should be are just fanboys, closet or not.Facts

Chronz
06-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Facts

defend alleged facts, i swear i break PSD. wheres MBT to tell me im on a high horse, wheres hawk to cosign and ride with me, wheres tre to stick a fork in yall . BAN ME NEXT MFKERS

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 09:15 PM

damn i look like a genius lololol

:bow:

cmellofan15
06-08-2019, 11:28 PM
damn i look like a genius lololol

:bow:

La Raiders looks like a fortune teller, had Leonard at number one lol

More-Than-Most
06-08-2019, 11:39 PM
La Raiders looks like a fortune teller, had Leonard at number one lol

yup... the thing with that is we all knew KL had best player in the world talent but it was his health that is the question mark which the raptors managed well... i did not put KL or Embiid in my top 4 i believe strictly because both of them have health concerns.

GREATNESS ONE
06-08-2019, 11:53 PM
defend alleged facts, i swear i break PSD. wheres MBT to tell me im on a high horse, wheres hawk to cosign and ride with me, wheres tre to stick a fork in yall . BAN ME NEXT MFKERS

Bah Felicia