PDA

View Full Version : Nets clear cap space, target Kyrie

IndyRealist
06-06-2019, 07:25 PM
https://www.nba.com/article/2019/06/06/report-nets-hawks-allen-crabbe-taurean-prince-trade

GiantsSwaGG
06-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Nets making moves. I actually hope they land Kyrie

cmellofan15
06-06-2019, 08:37 PM
This move makes it seem like they're fairly confident. Bad news for the Celtics, Lakers, and Knicks

TheMightyHumph
06-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Rather Nets Get Durant

More-Than-Most
06-06-2019, 09:13 PM
i pray the nets get kyrie.... him leaving the celtics is gonna be hilarious.

lakers squad
06-06-2019, 09:22 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing him go there either, but I doubt he does! Lakers are probably stuck with him!

More-Than-Most
06-06-2019, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him go there either, but I doubt he does! Lakers are probably stuck with him!

it is still a great pickup for the lakers as long as lebron really is still elite the next 2 years.

TakeYourL
06-06-2019, 09:32 PM
After this past season do people really prefer Kyrie over Dlo?

Or do they plan on actually trying to put them both in the same back court?

TheMightyHumph
06-06-2019, 09:45 PM

That's what I'm waiting to find out

More-Than-Most
06-06-2019, 09:55 PM

yes you take kyrie over DLO 100 out of 100 times... there is no discussion and i am probably DLO biggest fan and kyries biggest hater.

lakers squad
06-06-2019, 11:13 PM
it is still a great pickup for the lakers as long as lebron really is still elite the next 2 years.

I'm still holding out hope for Kawhi! 😆 But he don't play Defense, and LBJ don't play any anymore! I think we need someone that has a 2-way game beside LBJ, I might even would be happier with JB after thinking about that thought! LBJ was still playig a little D, before they broke up before at least! Only thing with JB is he's a little bit of a head case, but maybe him and LBJ could balance each other out! Lol

TheMightyHumph
06-06-2019, 11:36 PM
I believe Kawhi will be a Clipper, if not a Raptor

THE MTL
06-06-2019, 11:40 PM
They must have a hand shake agreement with someone

TheMightyHumph
06-06-2019, 11:42 PM
They must have a hand shake agreement with someone

They who

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Looks like Kyrie is leaning towards the nets. Kyrie/Dlo would be interesting. Or do they let DLo go ??? That would be uh a pretty bad move imo

TheMightyHumph
06-07-2019, 12:03 AM
Looks like Kyrie is leaning towards the nets. Kyrie/Dlo would be interesting. Or do they let DLo go ??? That would be uh a pretty bad move imo

If the can let DLo go and get Durant, that would be a pretty good move.

beasted86
06-07-2019, 12:21 AM

I disagree with losing DLO for nothing even if they prefer Kyrie. Whenever you lose a talented all-star caliber RFA for nothing it's always a bad move. I'd rather work a sign and trade for something than just lose him outright. Even if it's just signing and trading him for a future 1st so his next team gets his Bird rights.

More-Than-Most
06-07-2019, 01:35 AM
I disagree with losing DLO for nothing even if they prefer Kyrie. Whenever you lose a talented all-star caliber RFA for nothing it's always a bad move. I'd rather work a sign and trade for something than just lose him outright. Even if it's just signing and trading him for a future 1st so his next team gets his Bird rights.

its not losing him for nothing... they will keep him if they get kyrie... they would have to let him walk if they want 2 max free agents i believe... losing him to bring in a kyrie plus another guy is well worth.

Chronz
06-07-2019, 01:56 AM
no joke, they deserve each other . i give props to kyrie if he does want to take the challenge for his home town squad. the NBA would be better off with more Kyries and less *******

ohreally
06-07-2019, 01:59 AM
Seems to me Hawks are flipping 8 and 10 for the Knicks' 3 and the Nets may well be working out a trade for Davis. In that case, they should still be able to keep DLO and sign Kyrie.

Dade County
06-07-2019, 02:39 AM

Agreed...

This is a big gamble by the Nets. Sure I can see Kyrie maybe signing with them, but KD on the other hand i just don't know.

and the Nets may well be working out a trade for Davis. In that case, they should still be able to keep DLO and sign Kyrie.

The Pels would be asking for DLO in that trade scenario.

More-Than-Most
06-07-2019, 05:02 AM
no joke, they deserve each other . i give props to kyrie if he does want to take the challenge for his home town squad. the NBA would be better off with more Kyries and less *******

so more guys that get carried by the best player in the world and less 2nd best players in the world that cant get past the best player in the world or the best team ever because he is on a team with the most overrated me stat trip doub player ever? seems legit. curry without durant... 1-2 in finals this year... curry without durant 1-1 in championships and blew a 3-1 lead on the best team ever... durant added and swept lebron and the cavs... funny how that works huh?

we get it you and hawk and others hate durant for destroying the NBA but even you cant ignore what you have seen and how this once great team has fallen behind the NBA WITHOUT DURANT.... Lebron exposed them and curry ran to durant and made sure last nights game would never happen again and cost them like it did in the finals... Durant is their daddy and covered up for their weakness... He is out and they are begging him to come back hurt.

ewing
06-07-2019, 05:19 AM
so more guys that get carried by the best player in the world and less 2nd best players in the world that cant get past the best player in the world or the best team ever because he is on a team with the most overrated me stat trip doub player ever? seems legit. curry without durant... 1-2 in finals this year... curry without durant 1-1 in championships and blew a 3-1 lead on the best team ever... durant added and swept lebron and the cavs... funny how that works huh?

we get it you and hawk and others hate durant for destroying the NBA but even you cant ignore what you have seen and how this once great team has fallen behind the NBA WITHOUT DURANT.... Lebron exposed them and curry ran to durant and made sure last nights game would never happen again and cost them like it did in the finals... Durant is their daddy and covered up for their weakness... He is out and they are begging him to come back hurt.

I think he meant less *****es (though Kyrie *****ed a good bit this year)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
06-07-2019, 05:21 AM
I think he meant less *****es (though Kyrie *****ed a good bit this year)

lol maybe but his and hawks hate for durant seems to push he was speaking of durant... this sint the 90s and so on... everybody *****es and wants the best players around them... it sucks but that is the way the world works today.... trust me i hate it as much as you

Saddletramp
06-07-2019, 05:30 AM
Agreed...

This is a big gamble by the Nets. Sure I can see Kyrie maybe signing with them, but KD on the other hand i just don't know.

The Pels would be asking for DLO in that trade scenario.

They wouldnít have any trade assets, though. If DLo goes to the Pels and I guess Dinwiddie? They donít have any good picks and besides those two guys, who do you build around Davis? I guess if they could lure Kyrie AND Durant or Leonard but those are two big ifs (well, 1 if and one ďainít happeniníĒ ifóó-Durant ainít going anywhere).

But the Pels could get DLO/Dinwiddie and flip Jrue for the #6 that the Suns have (plus another asset or two) and of course they already have #1. That could grow into a solid team.

warfelg
06-07-2019, 07:20 AM
One of the funnier tweets I saw was Nets sign Kyrie and bring back DLo and Dinwiddie might still be their best all around guard.

Rumor has it ATL might be loading up for a AD run.

R. Johnson#3
06-07-2019, 07:51 AM
But I thought Kyrie was going to the Knicks because thatís where everyone wants to go every off-season but never does for some reason.

TheDish87
06-07-2019, 08:55 AM

im not the biggest Irving fan but Russ isnt even close to him. Russ had a nice individual season but hes a a low IQ chucker. we have at least seen Irving produce at the highest level.

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Theyre not getting Kyrie but I want success for the Nets after the way they treated Wade on his last night and because they also chanted Paul Pierce sucks during the game. Also part of the reason I want the raptors to win the championship outside of **** KD Steph Draymond and the warriors.

Oakmont_4
06-07-2019, 10:11 AM

You make it seem like we want him back. We donít

What will be hilarious is when Jimmy Butler follows Kyrie to BRK

Oakmont_4
06-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Seems to me Hawks are flipping 8 and 10 for the Knicks' 3 and the Nets may well be working out a trade for Davis. In that case, they should still be able to keep DLO and sign Kyrie.

Who are the Nets going to trade for KD? Dinwiddie? Haha

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 10:25 AM
You make it seem like we want him back. We donít

What will be hilarious is when Jimmy Butler follows Kyrie to BRK

You should want him back, any chance of being a legit contender goes out the window when he leaves.

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Kyrie and DLo is a horrible fit and thatís on offense, defensively omg lol

If the Nets were smart, sign Kyrie and par him with Tobias Harris

Hawkeye15
06-07-2019, 12:03 PM
well we don't have to worry about the Nets being contenders then...

Oakmont_4
06-07-2019, 12:22 PM
You should want him back, any chance of being a legit contender goes out the window when he leaves.

Weíre not a true contender with him so why pay a MAX to an overrated, whiny, injury prone diva who canít lead a team.

If weíre not going to be a contender either way, thereís no need to bring him back. Weíll just take a step back and build around Tatum and Brown

ewing
06-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Nets are super weak on the interior and generally don't have great defensive personal. Kryie doesn't help that but boy he'll make them even more fun to watch

GiantsSwaGG
06-07-2019, 01:06 PM
well we don't have to worry about the Nets being contenders then...

Paring Kyrie with DLo, talk about one of the worst defensive back courts in history

cmellofan15
06-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Paring Kyrie with DLo, talk about one of the worst defensive back courts in history

This would be a great thread

TakeYourL
06-07-2019, 02:10 PM
im not the biggest Irving fan but Russ isnt even close to him. Russ had a nice individual season but hes a a low IQ chucker. we have at least seen Irving produce at the highest level.

Kyrie only produced at the highest level playing next to Bron.

I'd easily argue Kyrie is a far worse lower Iq chucker than Dlo.

ewing
06-07-2019, 02:21 PM

He produced an efficient 24 a game the last two years. I think it is fair to blame him for some chemistry issues in Boston this year but unless you are holding how he performed as a 19 year old against him Kyrie has produced.

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 02:34 PM

Please easily argue that.

LeonFSU
06-07-2019, 02:49 PM
I donít see Irving going to the Nets. Seems more likely theyíd target Harris or Middleton and resign Russell.

TakeYourL
06-07-2019, 02:59 PM
He produced an efficient 24 a game the last two years. I think it is fair to blame him for some chemistry issues in Boston this year but unless you are holding how he performed as a 19 year old against him Kyrie has produced.

I'm not holding what he did as a 19 year old against him, but without Bron, he doesn't know how to lead a team or pace the offense, and keep his teammates involved.

His scoring effeciency comes at the cost of holding onto the ball to long and too often.

We saw how that effects his team with Boston. He needs daddy Bron to control pace to be good.

Please easily argue that.

Did you watch this season? Did you watch him in the playoffs?

Remember when Boston was the favorite to win the ECC? But Kyrie showed up and completely demolished their chemistry?

What else you need to see?

Oakmont_4
06-07-2019, 03:10 PM
I donít see Irving going to the Nets. Seems more likely theyíd target Harris or Middleton and resign Russell.

Put Butler in that mix too. That would be the smarter thing to do. But Kyrie sells more tickets.

Hawkeye15
06-07-2019, 03:12 PM

how much longer before you realize he is a loser? 2 more years of him wrecking chemistry and his team not missing him? 4?

Oakmont_4
06-07-2019, 03:13 PM

I used to think the same. All the numbers on paper say it. But then I watched him for 2 seasons... well 1.5. His playing style is not conducive to a team game. Itís efficient by numbers but the results are bad when heís so ball dominant. When he was with a Bron he was much better because he wasnít so ball dominant and wasnít the #1.

ewing
06-07-2019, 03:25 PM
how much longer before you realize he is a loser? 2 more years of him wrecking chemistry and his team not missing him? 4?

at least one. Jesus the guy has clearly been an asset for most of his career. His attitude seemed to have gotten in the way some this year. Year one Boston played well with him and he was an asset on Clev. I know, I know everyone loves and produces at their best when playing with LeBron, right?

Hawkeye15
06-07-2019, 03:32 PM
How at least one. Jesus the guy has clearly been an asset for most of his career. His attitude seemed to have gotten in the way some this year. Year one Boston played well with him and he was an asset on Clev. I know know I everyone loves and produces at their best when playing with LeBron, right?

he has been as asset at times, a detriment at others

actually plenty of guys stats drop next to LeBron. He helps one dimensional role players a **** load obviously, but he takes away from all around players due to usage/role. But this has minimal to do with leBron.

I am just wondering when you finally accept that Irving is only a value on his terms, and in a perfect fit (if he is healthy that is). He is clearly way down the totem pole of difference makers, yet continues to get KL or Durant like coverage.

ewing
06-07-2019, 03:52 PM
he has been as asset at times, a detriment at others

actually plenty of guys stats drop next to LeBron. He helps one dimensional role players a **** load obviously, but he takes away from all around players due to usage/role. But this has minimal to do with leBron.

I am just wondering when you finally accept that Irving is only a value on his terms, and in a perfect fit (if he is healthy that is). He is clearly way down the totem pole of difference makers, yet continues to get KL or Durant like coverage.

He's a good basketball player that has been on good heavily covered teams. No he isn't as good as KL or KD. I don't think anyone really says he is. He was an asset in Clev so I guess everything was on his terms. He was the guy running the show right?

TheMightyHumph
06-07-2019, 04:36 PM
The Nets have a very strong backcourt and they are very weak upfront.

WhyTF would they give Hymie a max contract?

Not saying they won't. Just asking why.

smith&wesson
06-07-2019, 04:55 PM
The Nets have a very strong backcourt and they are very weak upfront.

WhyTF would they give Hymie a max contract?

Not saying they won't. Just asking why.

Probably to lure KD or try to trade for Davis

Sign Kyrie
Offer up Dinwiddie, Lavert, Allen plus future picks for Davis.
Sign Durant
Resign Russell

Irving
Russell
Durant
Davis

LeonFSU
06-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Put Butler in that mix too. That would be the smarter thing to do. But Kyrie sells more tickets.

Can't see Butler going there either.

TheMightyHumph
06-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Sign Kyrie
Sign Durant
Resign Russell

Irving
Russell
Durant
Davis

Not enough money to sign Durant.

Davis on last year of his contract.

ohreally
06-07-2019, 06:59 PM

DLO isnít perfect, and neither is Kyrie or 98% of the NBA. Heís a shooter, but not a chucker and not low IQ. Heís 23, and hasnít played a significant role beside a Lebron. Put him in with a Kawhi, a Durant, and a Kyrie, and heíd look a lot better.

Saddletramp
06-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Sign Kyrie
Sign Durant
Resign Russell

Irving
Russell
Durant
Davis

Thatís not enough, especially because the Nets have no more 1sts for awhile.

ohreally
06-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Nets are super weak on the interior and generally don't have great defensive personal. Kryie doesn't help that but boy he'll make them even more fun to watch

DLO, Kyrie, Lavert, Rondae, AD, or Kyrie, Dinwiddie, Lavert, Durant, Allen.

Trading for AD would mean sending off quite a few guys I would rather not see leave, but that starting five would be fine. Iíd assume the Durant starting 5 would include keeping Rondae, Kurucs, and/or Ed Davis.

I wouldnít be overly concerned either way.

Iíd like to see a sign and trade for one of the signings if the Nets could sign Kyrie and Durant or Kawhi. Iíd like to keep Harris and Allen rather than see them leave in a potential AD trade, but thatís the way trades work.

TheMightyHumph
06-07-2019, 08:12 PM
I'd like to just sign Durant and a PF

ohreally
06-07-2019, 08:21 PM

Sign Kyrie
Sign Durant
Resign Russell

Irving
Russell
Durant
Davis

Iíd assume the Nets would not trade both Allen and Lavert, so a trade for AD would have to package Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, and one of Musa, Kurucs, or Shabazz.

No way to get Davis, Durant, and Kyrie, so I figure youíre being sarcastic.

Itís possible they can keep DLO with Kyrie and Durant if they traded Dinwiddie.

ohreally
06-07-2019, 09:28 PM
I'd like to just sign Durant and a PF

Iíd be more than fine with Kawhi or Durant and a PF, but it seems Kyrie looks to be most assured. If It was clear that either of the two were interested in coming with no other changes. But what power forward? I would not give Harris a max, and that would be needed to get him to leave Philly.

It does seem that the Knicks now talking up Kawhi means that they are pretty sure Durant is off their table. It could be a coincidence that theyíve rethought their targets after itís been pretty much said that Kyrie wants Brooklyn. But to me, Kawhi would have been the #1 target from the get go, so their change in focus is likely to mean that theyíve heard something about Durant.

Iíd really have been OK with pretty much standing pat with #17 and/ora possible trade with Phoenix for #6.

More-Than-Most
06-07-2019, 09:30 PM

he was actually really great last year.... he just isnt a good leader. He would be perfect again in the role next to a superstar like a lebron/giannis/embiid/durant/AD

ewing
06-07-2019, 09:31 PM
DLO, Kyrie, Lavert, Rondae, AD, or Kyrie, Dinwiddie, Lavert, Durant, Allen.

Trading for AD would mean sending off quite a few guys I would rather not see leave, but that starting five would be fine. Iíd assume the Durant starting 5 would include keeping Rondae, Kurucs, and/or Ed Davis.

I wouldnít be overly concerned either way.

Iíd like to see a sign and trade for one of the signings if the Nets could sign Kyrie and Durant or Kawhi. Iíd like to keep Harris and Allen rather than see them leave in a potential AD trade, but thatís the way trades work.

Yeah you land KD or KL or AD that would be a good off season but thatís a pretty big if. Iím talking about just adding Kyrie.

ohreally
06-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Yeah you land KD or KL or AD that would be a good off season but thatís a pretty big if. Iím talking about just adding Kyrie.

It is a big reach, but they are known to be trying to go after an AD trade and to have an interested in getting Durant or Kawhi (with Kawhi, at least publicly, considered the least likely to reciprocate).

Kyrie alone mostly just raises their profile a bit. Though yes, they would be even more fun to watch and the offense should have fewer lapses. If it worked as well as it could, the ball movement would be something to see.

And getting Kyrie would mean that they most likely trade Dinwiddie for a power forward or center or a highish lottery pick.

ewing
06-07-2019, 11:19 PM
It is a big reach, but they are known to be trying to go after an AD trade and to have an interested in getting Durant or Kawhi (with Kawhi, at least publicly, considered the least likely to reciprocate).

Kyrie alone mostly just raises their profile a bit. Though yes, they would be even more fun to watch and the offense should have fewer lapses. If it worked as well as it could, the ball movement would be something to see.

And getting Kyrie would mean that they most likely trade Dinwiddie for a power forward or center or a highish lottery pick.

Spencer is my favorite Net

IndyRealist
06-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Iíd be more than fine with Kawhi or Durant and a PF, but it seems Kyrie looks to be most assured. If It was clear that either of the two were interested in coming with no other changes. But what power forward? I would not give Harris a max, and that would be needed to get him to leave Philly.

It does seem that the Knicks now talking up Kawhi means that they are pretty sure Durant is off their table. It could be a coincidence that theyíve rethought their targets after itís been pretty much said that Kyrie wants Brooklyn. But to me, Kawhi would have been the #1 target from the get go, so their change in focus is likely to mean that theyíve heard something about Durant.

Iíd really have been OK with pretty much standing pat with #17 and/ora possible trade with Phoenix for #6.

You give them too much credit. It's likely FOMO. They're afraid if they wait for KD all of the free agents will commit elsewhere.

Mr.B
06-07-2019, 11:57 PM

Iíve been saying for a while now that I thought KD would go to NY to play for Brooklyn and not the Knicks. I think if they get Kyrie that is definitely happening (pending Houston doesnít find a chump to take on CP3ís contract). As a Mavs fan I for one hope this happens. I would love to see the Nets let DLo walk. I want to see him in the same back court with Doncic.

Mr.B
06-07-2019, 11:59 PM
its not losing him for nothing... they will keep him if they get kyrie... they would have to let him walk if they want 2 max free agents i believe... losing him to bring in a kyrie plus another guy is well worth.

Exactly, they would have to renounce his rights in order to clear the cap space to go after KD. If they can land Kyrie and KD though it would be worth letting DLo go.

Mr.B
06-08-2019, 12:05 AM
DLO isnít perfect, and neither is Kyrie or 98% of the NBA. Heís a shooter, but not a chucker and not low IQ. Heís 23, and hasnít played a significant role beside a Lebron. Put him in with a Kawhi, a Durant, and a Kyrie, and heíd look a lot better.

Or put him with Doncic/KP and he becomes part of a very good young core for the Mavs.

TheMightyHumph
06-08-2019, 01:38 AM

Nets have a strong backcourt. Don't need Kyrie at the Max.

beasted86
06-08-2019, 09:27 AM
All indications say the Nets are trying to add to Russell, not upgrade anyway. Any article hinting anything else seems to be just trying to make news out of nothing.

rocket
06-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Spencer is my favorite Net

dude. i used to ****ing scream at SVG playing Steve Blake over him... i was like okay maybe Stan sees something in practice that i don't bc whenever Dinwiddie stepped on the court he balled tf out.

nope traded him for NOTHING!! it's crazy how people who watch from a computer chair can tell when a player is going to be good but ppl in the NBA have no clue.

ohreally
06-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Nets have a strong backcourt. Don't need Kyrie at the Max.

Well, unless the Kyrie buzz is an intricate smokescreen from both sides, it seems Sean wants him.

Whether thatís as a lure for someone else or just to raise the teamís profile if the lure doesnít work, I donít know. Kyrie is seen as a top free agent and part of the upper echelon of guys in the league. I donít think heís really any better going forward than a younger DLO, and there are some real questions as to attitude, but management likes ball movement and appears to want to pair them.this turns out to be Williams and Johnson part II, weíll have to see.

Maybe this turns out to be Williams an Johnson part II; who knows?

But Marks has a plan, and so far he hasnít done too bad.

Cracka2HI!
06-08-2019, 02:51 PM
I don't see why the Nets would be in on Irving. He and Russell are very similar. Would they be letting Russell go? That doesn't seem like a great upgrade for me. Why not keep Russell and go after a better fit like Butler and Randle? Irving is a better player than Russell but consider their age and injury histories I'd go with Russell who will also cost quite a bit less.

IndyRealist
06-08-2019, 03:12 PM
I don't see why the Nets would be in on Irving. He and Russell are very similar. Would they be letting Russell go? That doesn't seem like a great upgrade for me. Why not keep Russell and go after a better fit like Butler and Randle? Irving is a better player than Russell but consider their age and injury histories I'd go with Russell who will also cost quite a bit less.

Statistically, Irving is better at everything but assists and fouls. Literally everything else, including all shooting percentages.

The are only similar in the way Harold Miner was similar to Michael Jordan. Visually similar play style on the surface, but worse in every way. No one should ever suggest they are interchangeable.

Cracka2HI!
06-08-2019, 03:29 PM
LOL at bringing up the Minor to Jordan comparison in this instance! Nice work!!

Chronz
06-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Statistically, Irving is better at everything but assists and fouls. Literally everything else, including all shooting percentages.

The are only similar in the way Harold Miner was similar to Michael Jordan. Visually similar play style on the surface, but worse in every way. No one should ever suggest they are interchangeable.

Thats a horrid comp. Hes easily closer to Kyrie than Miner was to MJ. They dont even play that similar aside from the chucking mentality

Cracka2HI!
06-08-2019, 03:47 PM
I certainly don't think Irving and Russell would compliment each other on the floor. I could be wrong but I just don't see it. I think Brooklyn would be better off keeping Russell and adding 2 FA's than letting Russell go and adding Irving plus 1. I also think Russell was a huge part of their team and chemistry while Boston hasn't improved with Irving imo. Even if Irving is a superior player statistically, how much longer will that continue? Brooklyn's interest in Irving doesn't make sense to me for chemistry, salary cap and age/injury reasons.

ewing
06-08-2019, 04:41 PM
I certainly don't think Irving and Russell would compliment each other on the floor. I could be wrong but I just don't see it. I think Brooklyn would be better off keeping Russell and adding 2 FA's than letting Russell go and adding Irving plus 1. I also think Russell was a huge part of their team and chemistry while Boston hasn't improved with Irving imo. Even if Irving is a superior player statistically, how much longer will that continue? Brooklyn's interest in Irving doesn't make sense to me for chemistry, salary cap and age/injury reasons.

I think you make a good case. I do think that they can play together offensively bc they are both really good shooters. They both like to dribble but itís there only option on offense. Defensively they are mess and neither really addresses the teamís biggest weaknesses. I do think they would be exciting so as a casual Nets fan I would welcome the move

Chronz
06-08-2019, 05:59 PM
I get the speculation of how the 2 would mesh but do you guys really think Kyrie wants to share the spotlight with another PG? He got tired of Bron for that and winning in Brads equal opportunity offense didn't satiate his desires. Hes obviously shipping Russ out.

IndyRealist
06-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Thats a horrid comp. Hes easily closer to Kyrie than Miner was to MJ. They dont even play that similar aside from the chucking mentality

That wasn't a comparison. Like I said, their only similarity is in playstyle. It's like saying Austin Rivers plays similar to D'Angelo Russell and Kyrie Irving. Only true visually, not in efficacy.

ewing
06-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Donít you guys know Kyrie Irving is the devil?

Chronz
06-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Donít you guys know Kyrie Irving is the devil?

you like this in real life? youd be barrels of fun

ewing
06-08-2019, 08:54 PM
you like this in real life? youd be barrels of fun

I think Iím fun Iím actually pretty quiet though

Chronz
06-08-2019, 10:25 PM
I think Iím fun Iím actually pretty quiet though

in my experience the quiet ones have the most to say once you egg them on, or get them drunk. im going to NY in 4 months, have a beer with me.

TheMightyHumph
06-08-2019, 10:29 PM
I get the speculation of how the 2 would mesh but do you guys really think Kyrie wants to share the spotlight with another PG? He got tired of Bron for that and winning in Brads equal opportunity offense didn't satiate his desires. Hes obviously shipping Russ out.

Don't want Kyrie.

Make the big play for Durant.

Nets already have a strong backcourt.

TheMightyHumph
06-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Well, unless the Kyrie buzz is an intricate smokescreen from both sides, it seems Sean wants him.

Whether thatís as a lure for someone else or just to raise the teamís profile if the lure doesnít work, I donít know. Kyrie is seen as a top free agent and part of the upper echelon of guys in the league. I donít think heís really any better going forward than a younger DLO, and there are some real questions as to attitude, but management likes ball movement and appears to want to pair them.this turns out to be Williams and Johnson part II, weíll have to see.

Maybe this turns out to be Williams an Johnson part II; who knows?

But Marks has a plan, and so far he hasnít done too bad.

I like having the capspace.

I say let's sign Tobias Harris and then see how things fall.

ewing
06-08-2019, 11:14 PM
in my experience the quiet ones have the most to say once you egg them on, or get them drunk. im going to NY in 4 months, have a beer with me.

Love to

ohreally
06-09-2019, 02:22 AM

Kyrie may not be an obvious target, but the Nets like ball movement and 3s. Kyrie adds both. They still have massive need for bigs, but maybe they feel they can still get some help there at 27

It also seems that they are at least looking to lure Durant, and maybe they feel Kyirie, Levert, and Prince help on that account. If they got Durant though, it would be difficult to see how they keep DLO.

Iíd prefer to keep Russell over Kyrie, but it seems the Nets feel confident that getting Kyrie could bring Durant.

Personally, I would trade Dinwiddie for Simmons (as long as the Sixers realize they arenít getting a star for a guy who canít shoot) and then go after Kawhi or Durant.

You can say they can add two free agents, but which free agents? Harris would probably mean giving him a max or very close to it. Same for Butler. I donít think Harris deserves a max, and though Butler is a better defender, heís got as many questions as Kyrie (and Kyrie provides more of what the Nets value). Then you have a few guys who will be looking for near max and are unlikely to deserve it. So youíre really left talking diamonds in the rough.

They could go for Brook Lopez, Looney, or a trade for Capela, but Lopez probably sticks with the Bucks, Looney is valued in GS, and Iíd rather keep Ed Davis over giving up a piece for Capela.

Honestly, I think theyíre focused on a trade for Davis. That would lose a bunch of guys I wouldnít want to see go, but I donít see the Nets giving up both Levert and Allen. Davis would be making less than Kyrie initially, and they could keep Kyrie and DLO. Their package would still be better than a Knicks package, and at least as good as the Lakers in my biased opinion. If they could use their 15 million exemption to take on Hill, they would look even better. (I think New Orleans would prefer guys who have shown something in the league over 2019 draft picks.)

I donít think Marks has made many stupid moves, and I have to give him the courtesy of believing he wonít be making idiotic moves now.

TheMightyHumph
06-09-2019, 03:14 AM
Signing Kyrie would be a horrible mistake, in my opinion.

IndyRealist
06-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Let's run through the options for the Nets. They've essentially gotten Kyrie to agree to come there, so:

A) Sign Kyrie and let D'Lo walk. This is an upgrade, for more money than D'Lo would have made. Kyrie is more enticing for a big free agent like AD or KD to come work with.

B) Match whatever D'Lo gets offered, let Kyrie go. This keeps the team about the same as last year, for more money. Big free agents go elsewhere. Forces you to trade value players like Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen to make roster changes.

C) Sign Kyrie, match D'Lo. This costs the most money and virtually guarantees you miss out on the crop of free agents. However, this preserves the most value for potential trades down the line. You can move whichever of the two isn't working out as well for the next disgruntled star. And we know there's a few every season.

ohreally
06-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Signing Kyrie would be a horrible mistake, in my opinion.

Wasnít on my wish list either. If it happens, it might well be a mistake. Same could be said of any other signing.

Again, Marks deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point. His chess moves have been commendable. And I have to believe he has a well-considered plan.

TheMightyHumph
06-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Wasnít on my wish list either. If it happens, it might well be a mistake. Same could be said of any other signing.

Again, Marks deserves the benefit of the doubt at this point. His chess moves have been commendable. And I have to believe he has a well-considered plan.

Been a Nets fan since 1970. Don't want to see them blow this opportunity.

Nets need size