warfelg
06-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Generally this happens in the NFL Forum, but the idea here:
Quote the previous post
Grade the trade
Suggest your own trade with reasoning.

To start:

Celtics Out: Gordon Hayward

Trail Blazers Out: Evan Turner, Myles Leonard, Skal Labissiere, 2020 top 20 protected first (2020, 2021 2nds if not conveyed)

Thought process: Portland is in cap hell, so improving their team is going to be a challenge. They really need a wing to take pressure off Lillard and McCollum. Hayward may be overpaid, but he's a guy the will fit the bill really nicely. From the Celtics standpoint, if they lose Kyrie; their options are to resign Rozier or hit the trade market. Having these expiring contracts to flip in a deal for a PG might be something they need to look at, or if they look to move for AD, having expiring contracts to flip to NO is something they need.

TrueFan420
06-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Generally this happens in the NFL Forum, but the idea here:
Quote the previous post
Grade the trade
Suggest your own trade with reasoning.

To start:

Celtics Out: Gordon Hayward

Trail Blazers Out: Evan Turner, Myles Leonard, Skal Labissiere, 2020 top 20 protected first (2020, 2021 2nds if not conveyed)

Thought process: Portland is in cap hell, so improving their team is going to be a challenge. They really need a wing to take pressure off Lillard and McCollum. Hayward may be overpaid, but he's a guy the will fit the bill really nicely. From the Celtics standpoint, if they lose Kyrie; their options are to resign Rozier or hit the trade market. Having these expiring contracts to flip in a deal for a PG might be something they need to look at, or if they look to move for AD, having expiring contracts to flip to NO is something they need.

I like it for the blazers. They get the piece their missing. But I donít like it for the Celtics. Yea they have a glut of wings but I donít like them giving up on Hayward so soon. I think he gets back to form next year and while I like Rozier and Brown they havenít been consistent. They need to make a move but donít think thatís it.

On that note...

Blazer get K Love
Cavs get Turner and Leonard

Reasoning:
Cavs get out of Loves contract with two expiring contracts and Leonard who is still young and flashed some skill. Could potentially play himself into a contract and role with the Cavs beyond this season. For the Blazers they get a legit scoring option and a good player. He can be hidden defensively with Nurkic and Harkless and the Blazers donít have a lot of avenues to improve. This would be one.

WaDe03
06-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Any borderline contender like Portland should be looking to make deals for Love Hayward chris Paul etc. any star level player that could be had for cheap due to contract, recent injury, or the team heading in a different direction like a youth movement.

Chronz
06-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Any borderline contender like Portland should be looking to make deals for Love Hayward chris Paul etc. any star level player that could be had for cheap due to contract, recent injury, or the team heading in a different direction like a youth movement.

imagine if the nba were like baseball or the nfl where you openly trade a great player like lillard to get cp3 to man that position and use that value elsewhere. it would be too expensive even if it operated that way.

WaDe03
06-02-2019, 12:18 PM
imagine if the nba were like baseball or the nfl where you openly trade a great player like lillard to get cp3 to man that position and use that value elsewhere. it would be too expensive even if it operated that way.

Yea that would be pretty wild. Blazers trade their expirings for CP3 and then trade Lillard for another star at SF PF or C and a role player or just hella good role players and picks. Could actually benefit the blazers depending on who they got

cmellofan15
06-02-2019, 01:18 PM
I like it for the blazers. They get the piece their missing. But I donít like it for the Celtics. Yea they have a glut of wings but I donít like them giving up on Hayward so soon. I think he gets back to form next year and while I like Rozier and Brown they havenít been consistent. They need to make a move but donít think thatís it.

On that note...

Blazer get K Love
Cavs get Turner and Leonard

Reasoning:
Cavs get out of Loves contract with two expiring contracts and Leonard who is still young and flashed some skill. Could potentially play himself into a contract and role with the Cavs beyond this season. For the Blazers they get a legit scoring option and a good player. He can be hidden defensively with Nurkic and Harkless and the Blazers donít have a lot of avenues to improve. This would be one.

Ehh I don't think K Love is worth shaking things up for the Blazers. Injury prone, bad defense, and $120mil...way too risky and I don't think he necessarily improves that already good front court.

Trade

Grizzlies Send

Mike Conley
Future pick

Suns Send

Josh Jackson
(Cap filler)

Reasoning: we all know Conley is VERY available and the Suns need a PG badly, and with his contract coming closer to an he's looking more attractive to teams in need The question is do they want a veteran, and are they willing to part ways with Jackson for him?

I think it might be a hard sell for a team so used to being a bottom feeder, making a win now move like this one, but I think Conley could be a tremendous help to Ayton and Booker. This is an easy sell for the Grizz. Drop off the guy you were shopping around last year for potentially your first good wing player in a decade knowing you have Ja to look forward to.