05-30-2019, 11:50 PM
How much credit does he deserve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaVar Ball
05-31-2019, 01:37 AM
ok

R. Johnson#3
05-31-2019, 07:39 AM
If Dwane Casey was still at the helm the Raps wouldn’t have switched to a 1-2-2 or a 3-2 zone like they did against Milwaukee. Rotations would’ve stayed the same against the Sixers as well. Having Kawhi at your disposal definitely helps but Nick Nurse does something that Casey NEVER did. He makes adjustments.

Heediot
05-31-2019, 08:30 AM
Glad he is coaching the national team. Pretty tough group with the Boomers and JV's country. i think Canada and Australia will make it out.

ewing
05-31-2019, 08:39 AM
ok

No respect for the guy coaching a team with one true star and bunch of role players playing together and great on both sides against all different types of teams this post season?

cmellofan15
05-31-2019, 09:29 AM
talk to me after the finals, i'm not sure yet. Masai/kawhi get most of the credit right now tho

Jamiecballer
05-31-2019, 10:04 AM
I think he deserves plenty of credit. I dont think we'd be here without him.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ewing
05-31-2019, 10:14 AM
shows how much coaching credit is based on narrative. If Brad Stevens had the Celtics up 1-0 in the finals I sure I hear the Bobby Fisher comparisons

smith&wesson
05-31-2019, 10:30 AM
I think he deserves plenty of credit. I dont think we'd be here without him.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Yeah he does. I think there was a tremendous amount of pressure on Nurse to do all this in his first year. The expectations were unrealistic but he met the challenge anyway. He incorporated two new starters at the beginning of the season. And one at the trade deadline. Also didn’t even really know what he was getting from Kawhi at the beginning of the season considering he miss almost an entire season. Nurse deserves a ton of credit for sure.

JAZZNC
06-01-2019, 06:13 PM
shows how much coaching credit is based on narrative. If Brad Stevens had the Celtics up 1-0 in the finals I sure I hear the Bobby Fisher comparisons

Brad Stevens at this point is HUGELY overrated. But people still think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

zn23
06-02-2019, 06:23 PM
If Dwane Casey was still at the helm the Raps wouldn’t have switched to a 1-2-2 or a 3-2 zone like they did against Milwaukee. Rotations would’ve stayed the same against the Sixers as well. Having Kawhi at your disposal definitely helps but Nick Nurse does something that Casey NEVER did. He makes adjustments.

Pretty much.

Casey was your typical player's coach who just rolled out the ball and let players play.

His success with the Raps had more to do with managerial decisions by Masai than Xs and Os. Everything changed for this team when Masai got rid of Rudy Gay and Bargnani. His two first successful early moves. He built Casey a solid roster to work with over the years that honestly any coach could've taken to 55+ wins.

Casey's performance with the Pistons this year was indicative of that.

Nurse definitely benefited from Masai's managerial brilliance. But he also made defensive adjustments and wasn't afraid to experiment with different lineups.

Chronz
06-02-2019, 06:50 PM
I've loved masai before he got to the raps and think hes up there with the best, but let us not forget we all are human and the man tried to tank the team when he first discovered the age old adage that scoring isnt as important as the teams scoring. the rudy gay trade and botched lowry trade proved he wasn't up to sniff back then, he is now.

Heediot
06-02-2019, 09:36 PM
I've loved masai before he got to the raps and think hes up there with the best, but let us not forget we all are human and the man tried to tank the team when he first discovered the age old adage that scoring isnt as important as the teams scoring. the rudy gay trade and botched lowry trade proved he wasn't up to sniff back then, he is now.

i think if he got a pick or some asset for Lowry, we would of ended up with Giannis in the draft. He was trying hard/working phones to acquire a pick for Greek in that draft, but no one gave in. not sure what happens after, but if he landed greek the rebuild would've been nice with greek and pascal. probably another nice pick for derozan eventually.