PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NBA Finals Series Thread: Raptors (2) vs Warriors (1) Raptors win series 4-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

LaVar Ball
05-26-2019, 11:15 AM
Game 1: Thursday May 30th, 6 pm (9 eastern) @TOR

Game 2: Sunday June 2, 5pm (8 eastern) @TOR

Game 3: Wednesday June 5, 6 pm (9 eastern) @GSW

Game 4: Friday June 7, 6pm (9 eastern) @GSW

Game 5: Monday June 10, 6pm (9 eastern) @TOR (if necessary)

Game 6: Thursday June 13, 6pm (9 eastern) @GSW (if necessary)

Game 7: Sunday June 16, 5pm (8 eastern) @TOR (if necessary)

TrueFan420
05-26-2019, 11:22 AM
Itís a weird feeling not having home court advantage but it wonít be the first time for these guys. Need to take one of the first two games on the road.

mike_noodles
05-26-2019, 12:16 PM
I've seen some of you Warriors fans around here before. Let's get the pleasantries out of the way. Nice to meet you and good luck.

bledrules
05-26-2019, 12:29 PM
I'm not a fan of either team but i expect GS to win in 5

TrueFan420
05-26-2019, 12:30 PM
I've seen some of you Warriors fans around here before. Let's get the pleasantries out of the way. Nice to meet you and good luck.

A pleasure to meet you as well. Good luck.

Heediot
05-26-2019, 12:36 PM
Till KD shows up and is playing adequately. I got the Raps.

mike_noodles
05-26-2019, 12:37 PM
A pleasure to meet you as well. Good luck.

Thanks man. How's it looking for Cousins and KD for you guys?

We still have no word on OG, but I think we'll see him in the series.

I'm actually looking forward to getting an extended look at the Warriors. Should be a ton of fun.

TrueFan420
05-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Thanks man. How's it looking for Cousins and KD for you guys?

We still have no word on OG, but I think we'll see him in the series.

I'm actually looking forward to getting an extended look at the Warriors. Should be a ton of fun.
Boogie is back in practice and is looking like he could be ready for game 1. KD is still out for what looks like at least the first two games but idk theyíve been very secretive about it. I suspect Iggy will be back as well but I havenít seen anything on his injury update.

This is gonna be a great series.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-26-2019, 01:35 PM
Let's go.

TrueFan420
05-26-2019, 01:53 PM
Anyone else annoyed we have to wait till Thursday

R. Johnson#3
05-26-2019, 01:57 PM
Raps in 7. A lot of mystery surrounding KD. I think if the Raps take game 1 then he plays in game 2 no question.

Curious to see how the Dubs defend Kawhi. If KD is out I imagine heíll be Iggyís assignment? Klay and Dray can both switch onto him too. This is going to be a hell of a series either way. Kawhi has unfinished business from 2 years ago.

R. Johnson#3
05-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Anyone else annoyed we have to wait till Thursday

As a fan, yes.
As a fan who wants Kawhi to be healthy, not at all.

pebloemer
05-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Is it normal to have 3 days between games so often?

TrueFan420
05-26-2019, 02:09 PM
As a fan, yes.

I hear ya and the extra time is good for KD, Iggy and Boogie too. Just donít want to wait.

mike_noodles
05-26-2019, 02:26 PM
As a fan, yes.

Same. But given that G7 would have been Monday it makes sense to plan for 3 days rest.

mike_noodles
05-26-2019, 02:28 PM
Oh and leave it to Lavar Ball to put Pacific times up in the OP ;)

Raps18-19 Champ
05-26-2019, 07:41 PM
Let's go.

IndyRealist
05-26-2019, 08:07 PM
Is it normal to have 3 days between games so often?

In the Finals they want to skip as many weekdays as they can and push most of the games to Thurs-Sun.

pebloemer
05-26-2019, 08:25 PM
In the Finals they want to skip as many weekdays as they can and push most of the games to Thurs-Sun.

Makes sense. Foreign territory for a Raptors fan :).

Thanks

More-Than-Most
05-26-2019, 08:58 PM
warriors in 6.... man do i wish the raptors pull this off though.

goingfor28
05-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Rooting for Canada.
Expecting GS in 5 or 6.

Jamiecballer
05-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Rooting for Canada.
Expecting GS in 5 or 6.Damn you must really hate the warriors

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Lil Rhody
05-26-2019, 09:43 PM
KL's revenge?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kobe4thewinbang
05-26-2019, 09:55 PM
So, sorry if I confused anyone with a prior post in the ECF thread as I read an earlier report, but Kevin Durant is "unlikely" to play Game 1.

That is not something to overlook, as I wonder how much it'll free up Kawhi on the defensive side of the court. Normally he is tasked with guarding Durant. We all remember the mini showdown they had in the regular season, arguably the best game of the season, but Cousins is more likely than Durant to lace them up. We've seen Kawhi on Curry in the past with the Spurs, but I reckon it'll mean that either Kawhi could roam a bit or lock up Klay.

I haven't seen anything on Game 2 yet, or how long Durant will be out still, but this is big for Toronto.

Game 1 becomes a must win, IMO. I was hoping KD was healthy, but that could change before Thursday. He's already doing reps and whatnot, but it's hard to run and take a jump shot with a bum calf. Could be Game 3 before he comes back, and then factors like rust and offensive chemistry come into play. It's KD, so let's not exaggerate the impact of those things, but it's clear that GS is a different beast on the court without KD. I'm also concerned about fitting Cousins back into the fray.

kobe4thewinbang
05-26-2019, 09:57 PM
Anyone else annoyed we have to wait till ThursdayNot at all! Kawhi is banged-up, KD is hurt, Iggy is getting old (his words) and Curry is arguably hurt too. Rest means better basketball.

Scoots
05-26-2019, 10:34 PM
KD likely to not travel which means game 3.

Dade County
05-26-2019, 11:33 PM
I expect Klay to come out firing. He got snubbed & doesn't get the full respect he deserves.

Klay gets Final's MVP.

This will solidify that he isn't just a support player, or robin to batman...etc

Cal827
05-26-2019, 11:53 PM
I'm still celebrating :dance:

But I think Golden State takes it in 6 games as well.

Also can the GOAT Lavar Ball post the eastern times too? :D

TrueFan420
05-27-2019, 01:01 AM
I expect Klay to come out firing. He got snubbed & doesn't get the full respect he deserves.

Klay gets Final's MVP.

This will solidify that he isn't just a support player, or robin to batman...etc

Klay runs way too hot/cold to ever take home finals MVP. Curry will likely win it this year but I could see Green with an outside shot.

smith&wesson
05-27-2019, 01:23 AM

Klay gets Final's MVP.

But that exactly what he is for the warriors

GREATNESS ONE
05-27-2019, 01:44 AM
Let's go.

Letís go.

KobeOwnSU
05-27-2019, 02:11 AM
I put 100 bucks on Toronto in 6. +900 odds, ill take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
05-27-2019, 03:12 AM
I'm still celebrating :dance:

But I think Golden State takes it in 6 games as well.

Also can the GOAT Lavar Ball post the eastern times too? :D

Just add three hours. 6 Pacific is 9 Eastern. Iíll tell you what I told my boss one time when he screwed up some numbers: Itís not hard, just simple math.

He didnít particularly care for that.

Rivera
05-27-2019, 11:57 AM
Letís goooo. Letís Go Raps! I picked this team before the playoffs started. Even put down $25 on +900 odds for them to win. Letís goooo

Scoots
05-27-2019, 11:58 AM
Just add three hours. 6 Pacific is 9 Eastern. Iíll tell you what I told my boss one time when he screwed up some numbers: Itís not hard, just simple math.

He didnít particularly care for that.

Like Barbie says "Math is hard".

I think those of us who don't live on a coast are more used to doing time math and are not as lazy as those coastal people.

TrueFan420
05-27-2019, 12:29 PM

I think those of us who don't live on a coast are more used to doing time math and are not as lazy as those coastal people.

Or any of us who work in a job where we have clients from all over the country that we have to talk to.

pulzar
05-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Once KD is back, it's game over, I'm guessing...

If we (Raps) can win one of the first two games at home, and then game 5 at home, that'll be a good showing.

Nurse will have to come up with some magical defensive formula.

Scoots
05-27-2019, 01:50 PM
Or any of us who work in a job where we have clients from all over the country that we have to talk to.

Yep

LaVar Ball
05-27-2019, 02:05 PM
Kawhi led the 2017 Warriors in the WCF in game 1 in the first half by 23 points before Zaza pa-cheap shot took over.

This is Kawhi in 2019, bigger and stronger than ever with what I think an actually better Raps supporting case compared to 2017 when he had old Manu and Tony.

Dade County
05-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Klay runs way too hot/cold to ever take home finals MVP.

#motivation

Playing with his money

Curry will likely win it this year but I could see Green with an outside shot.

I can see Curry wining it too, but I am going with Klay; he will try to outshine Kawhi offensively & defensively; I can just tell.

This series will elevate Klay.

But that exactly what he is for the warriors

& that perception will be changed.

Scoots
05-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Kawhi led the 2017 Warriors in the WCF in game 1 in the first half by 23 points before Zaza pa-cheap shot took over.

This is Kawhi in 2019, bigger and stronger than ever with what I think an actually better Raps supporting case compared to 2017 when he had old Manu and Tony.

While that is true, we also know the Warriors can puke up big deficits regularly and come back regularly, so it's hardly conclusive. But I'm looking forward to finding out.

COOLbeans
05-27-2019, 03:52 PM
I want KD to sit out the finals and get ready for his free agency

COOLbeans
05-27-2019, 03:54 PM
While that is true, we also know the Warriors can puke up big deficits regularly and come back regularly, so it's hardly conclusive. But I'm looking forward to finding out.

Whenever someone outside of Spurs fans assume the dubs were going to lose the series because the Warriros were down in game 1 are extremely limited in regards to NBA knowledge

Saddletramp
05-27-2019, 03:54 PM

Yeah, always had to do the math being in the Central time zone.

And donít forget flying. Leaving here, landing there, X amount of time in the air plus time change.......,

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 05:21 PM
Till KD shows up and is playing adequately. I got the Raps.

the warriors are being ridiculously cautious with this KD injury. When it happened, a mild calf strain was listed as a 7-10 day injury. Game 1 will mark the 23rd or 24th day- and they are still trying to get a little more rest for him.

Windhorst reported that the warriors would rest him until they were down in a series.... I just dont think its a good idea to not value each and every game of a series though. If kawai can play through his issues- no reason at all that durant should be sitting

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 05:22 PM
I want KD to sit out the finals and get ready for his free agency

warriors dont have anybody to occupy kawai if kd sits- we need him back asap.

If warriors lose and he sits- does it increase the chances of him coming back to golden state?

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 05:24 PM
KD likely to not travel which means game 3.

the warriors do not want to go down 0-2 and hope kd can get them back into it while getting his rhythm back- that could be a disaster.

rocket
05-27-2019, 05:32 PM
The Warriors in 4.

there is no way the Raptors win this series. Golden State is just way too experienced and the complete better team. Curry is going to cook them

let's be honest Kawhi is carrying the Raptors. and if Fred Van Fleezy hadn't started shooting the ball like Reggie Miller after the birth of his son.. they wouldn't be here. no one outside of Kawhi is capable of doing much

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 05:33 PM
The Warriors in 4.

there is no way the Raptors win this series. Golden State is just way too experienced and the complete better team. Curry is going to cook them

let's be honest Kawhi is carrying the Raptors. and if Fred Van Fleezy hadn't started shooting the ball like Reggie Miller after the birth of his son.. they wouldn't be here. no one outside of Kawhi is capable of doing much

problem is- warriors have absolutely no answer for Leonard. Kd would atleast keep him busy on the other side of the floor.

rocket
05-27-2019, 05:35 PM
He is overrated. Just double the dude when he goes into the paint and let someone else beat you. he doesn't do anything else but drive to the rim, that's his only offensive skill, dude can't shoot for ****.

They will get exposed by the Celtcs

also the Pistons were being out shot at the free throw line 40-8 at one point. i don't know how that's even possible. refs were telling their cousins to put $$$$ on the Sweep forsure. they took a really good game away

well they got exposed by the Raptors** my mistake, i forgot about Kyrie

rocket
05-27-2019, 05:37 PM
problem is- warriors have absolutely no answer for Leonard. Kd would atleast keep him busy on the other side of the floor.

they have Draymond, Klay, Iggy. go ahead and double him, let anyone else on the Raptors beat you

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 05:45 PM
there is a stat a lot of people arent paying attention too. Everyone talks about the warriors record without durant and the warriors record without curry. The warriors in the finals without durant and with curry are 7-6. With Durant and Curry, they are 8-1

Cal827
05-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Letís go.

Again, that sig..

Not sure if that's Lets go as in Lets Go Toronto... or Let's Go to LA Kawhi :laugh2:

TrueFan420
05-27-2019, 06:09 PM
the warriors are being ridiculously cautious with this KD injury. When it happened, a mild calf strain was listed as a 7-10 day injury. Game 1 will mark the 23rd or 24th day- and they are still trying to get a little more rest for him.

Windhorst reported that the warriors would rest him until they were down in a series.... I just dont think its a good idea to not value each and every game of a series though. If kawai can play through his issues- no reason at all that durant should be sitting

When I was in high school I injured my ankle. The training staff looked at it and said 2nd degree ankle sprain. 2 weeks later they revised it to a severe 3rd degree sprain.

It is possible for the training staff to think it isnít as severe as it turns out to be after first look. As time passes and the body responds they get new data points. Difference is they donít have to/want to share that information with the public.

Itís concerning heís still out injured. I expected him back against the blazers or at least ready for finals. He may not be. Itís not a grand conspiracy. Kawhi also sat out a year after cleared physically by multiple doctors. Every situation is different. Just wait and see what happens. Thatís all we can do.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 06:16 PM
When I was in high school I injured my ankle. The training staff looked at it and said 2nd degree ankle sprain. 2 weeks later they revised it to a severe 3rd degree sprain.

It is possible for the training staff to think it isnít as severe as it turns out to be after first look. As time passes and the body responds they get new data points. Difference is they donít have to/want to share that information with the public.

Itís concerning heís still out injured. I expected him back against the blazers or at least ready for finals. He may not be. Itís not a grand conspiracy. Kawhi also sat out a year after cleared physically by multiple doctors. Every situation is different. Just wait and see what happens. Thatís all we can do.

And most analysts around the league and even people in the spurs Organization strongly believe something was going on behind the scenes- it was just incredibly bizarre (The absolute silence through out the situation by Kawhi didnt help either) . As long as we are talking about Kawhi and KD compared- it was also odd that Leonard was not in the same state as his team atleast supporting them in the playoffs, KD also isnt out there with his team.

rocket
05-27-2019, 06:17 PM
there is a stat a lot of people arent paying attention too. Everyone talks about the warriors record without durant and the warriors record without curry. The warriors in the finals without durant and with curry are 7-6. With Durant and Curry, they are 8-1

doesn't mean anything for this series. Curry has proven he doesn't need KD.

he's also not playing the Cavs with LBJ & Kyrie while Harrison Barnes is out there bricking every shot he puts up

Scoots
05-27-2019, 06:18 PM

The Warriors have Klay, Iguodala, McKinnie, Livingston, Draymond, Bell, Looney who can all get some time on Kawhi.

Lowry/Curry
Klay/Green
Kawhi/Iguodala
Siakam/Green
Gasol/Bogut

I think the Warriors win most of those matchups. The bench is a more difficult thing to predict. Certainly if KD and Cousins are available at 100% it gets easier and the bench gets deeper but the rhythm gets disrupted too.

Just have to wait and see.

ewing
05-27-2019, 06:27 PM
doesn't mean anything for this series. Curry has proven he doesn't need KD.

he's also not playing the Cavs with LBJ & Kyrie while Harrison Barnes is out there bricking every shot he puts up

When did he prove that?

TrueFan420
05-27-2019, 06:49 PM
And most analysts around the league and even people in the spurs Organization strongly believe something was going on behind the scenes- it was just incredibly bizarre (The absolute silence through out the situation by Kawhi didnt help either) . As long as we are talking about Kawhi and KD compared- it was also odd that Leonard was not in the same state as his team atleast supporting them in the playoffs, KD also isnt out there with his team.

Maybe something is going on. Maybe he wants us to lose so it strengthens his claim that we need him. Or maybe his injury is just worse than originally thought and he needs more time. Iím leaning towards the latter.

rocket
05-27-2019, 07:13 PM
When did he prove that?

by winning 6 straight playoff games without him against tough western conference opponents... or by being 31-1 in the last 32 games without Durant. or when we won his first title :shrug:

Scoots
05-27-2019, 07:53 PM

:rolleyes:

Scoots
05-27-2019, 07:55 PM

Traveling is not ideal for recovery.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 08:56 PM
Traveling is not ideal for recovery.

and yet boogie traveled with the team through out the year when he was recovering

COOLbeans
05-27-2019, 09:43 PM
the warriors do not want to go down 0-2 and hope kd can get them back into it while getting his rhythm back- that could be a disaster.

Itís not worth the sacrifice. Iíd rather them win with him now and lose him next year rather than lose this year and keep him moving forward.

Not sure why you think the dubs canít stop 1 guy without Durant? Dubs have better players and defenders up to down. I trust Draymond and Iggy to neutralize him and the splash brothers will outgun the rest of the Raptors.

This series ends in 5 maybe 6 games without Durant but Iím leaning toward 5

COOLbeans
05-27-2019, 09:44 PM
:rolleyes:

:laugh2:

nastynice
05-27-2019, 10:05 PM

Our team defense has been looking like elite championship defense recently. It's their defense that will give us issues, they're all vets and strong defenders. This is going to look very different than the Portland series. We gonna have to fight through a lot of contact.

One thing people are overlooking from Portland is that their defense was regular season defense. Toronto def gonna be coming in with that playoff defense

zn23
05-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Raps in 6

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 10:13 PM
Our team defense has been looking like elite championship defense recently. It's their defense that will give us issues, they're all vets and strong defenders. This is going to look very different than the Portland series. We gonna have to fight through a lot of contact.

One thing people are overlooking from Portland is that their defense was regular season defense. Toronto def gonna be coming in with that playoff defense

another reason why it would be smart to play kevin durant and not wait until we are down in the series. KD might need a game or 2 to get back to himself- if we wait until we are down 3-1.....i dont like our chances.

Sitting guys and being cautious has come back to bite kerr before, just go out and give it everything you have. I mean- your int he finals, if theres ever a time that warrants playing less than 100%, this is it.

c.c.
05-27-2019, 10:38 PM
Iím rooting for the Raptors because their fan base deserves it.

I just hate the fact that Kawhi is gone if they win a championship or if they got eliminated by the Magic.

I just had that feeling about him all season long.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Itís not worth the sacrifice. Iíd rather them win with him now and lose him next year rather than lose this year and keep him moving forward.

but what if we lose the series, and lose KD.... and never get back to the finals next year

Then youd wish we did everything possible to take advantage when we had the opportunity

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 10:41 PM
Iím rooting for the Raptors because their fan base deserves it.

I just hate the fact that Kawhi is gone if they win a championship or if they got eliminated by the Magic.

I just had that feeling about him all season long.

did he announce that? I read something a few days ago saying he was leaning towards returning

c.c.
05-27-2019, 10:43 PM
did he announce that? I read something a few days ago saying he was leaning towards returning

I read and see a lot of stuff but my gut been telling me this.

I hope Iím wrong, I like the Raptors.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 10:50 PM
I read and see a lot of stuff but my gut been telling me this.

I hope Iím wrong, I like the Raptors.

itd be cool if kd stays at golden state and leonard stays on the raptors so they can run it back next yr

CityofTreez
05-27-2019, 11:14 PM
warriors in 6.... man do i wish the raptors pull this off though.

Iím on board except wishing Raps win.
You know it and everyone knows it too....the West runs the show

nastynice
05-27-2019, 11:18 PM
another reason why it would be smart to play kevin durant and not wait until we are down in the series. KD might need a game or 2 to get back to himself- if we wait until we are down 3-1.....i dont like our chances.

Sitting guys and being cautious has come back to bite kerr before, just go out and give it everything you have. I mean- your int he finals, if theres ever a time that warrants playing less than 100%, this is it.

Yea but I'd also rather not bring him back too early and he goes out again because he aggrevate it. Didn't seem the type of injury you can just play through, other athletes who had the same were saying you can't.

Its a tough call, who's to say what's the right call. I remember when kawhi went down he had rolled his ankle a couple plays before the Zaza play, he rolled it BAD and I remember being surprised that pop left him out there, and then look what happened. Gotta weigh out options and make a call, kds injury is definitely not just a pain issue, if it flares up he'll be out for the rest of the series.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 11:31 PM
Yea but I'd also rather not bring him back too early and he goes out again because he aggrevate it. Didn't seem the type of injury you can just play through, other athletes who had the same were saying you can't.

Its a tough call, who's to say what's the right call. I remember when kawhi went down he had rolled his ankle a couple plays before the Zaza play, he rolled it BAD and I remember being surprised that pop left him out there, and then look what happened. Gotta weigh out options and make a call, kds injury is definitely not just a pain issue, if it flares up he'll be out for the rest of the series.

there comes a point where it becomes unclear what exactly you are saving him for though. They were going to sit him the final 2 games vs the rockets because they wanted to save him until the next series. Then against portland they were supposedly sitting him to make sure he was ready to go against bucks or raptors...now in the finals were sitting him to save him for the rest of the series? Are we saving him for a potential game 7?

LOl we are worried that if it flares up hes out for the rest of the series- so the solution is just sit him the whole series???? might as well sit everyone- because any player can have a series ending injury at any point.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 11:32 PM

I really cant think of a single training staff int he league that manages injuries to star players like this in the finals.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 11:35 PM
Raps in 7. A lot of mystery surrounding KD. I think if the Raps take game 1 then he plays in game 2 no question.

Curious to see how the Dubs defend Kawhi. If KD is out I imagine heíll be Iggyís assignment? Klay and Dray can both switch onto him too. This is going to be a hell of a series either way. Kawhi has unfinished business from 2 years ago.

SO you think KD would fly there separately if the warriors lose?

nastynice
05-27-2019, 11:41 PM
there comes a point where it becomes unclear what exactly you are saving him for though. They were going to sit him the final 2 games vs the rockets because they wanted to save him until the next series. Then against portland they were supposedly sitting him to make sure he was ready to go against bucks or raptors...now in the finals were sitting him to save him for the rest of the series? Are we saving him for a potential game 7?

LOl we are worried that if it flares up hes out for the rest of the series- so the solution is just sit him the whole series???? might as well sit everyone- because any player can have a series ending injury at any point.

No, it's not pain it's that muscle simply won't do what you want it to, the muscle is strained (a severe enough strain is called a tear), he won't be able to jump. The muscle isn't exactly torn like in a muscle tear, but the muscle is most definitely damaged in that area. Under a microscope those muscle cells wouldn't look normal, they would show pathology and recovery response.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 11:44 PM
No, it's not pain it's that muscle simply won't do what you want it to, the muscle is strained (a severe enough strain is called a tear), he won't be able to jump. The muscle isn't exactly torn like in a muscle tear, but the muscle is most definitely damaged in that area. Under a microscope those muscle cells wouldn't look normal, they would show pathology and recovery response.

so whats going to change later in the series?

KD is not the only one at less than 100% out there yknow

Scoots
05-27-2019, 11:47 PM
and yet boogie traveled with the team through out the year when he was recovering

As usual, different situations have different processes.

Scoots
05-27-2019, 11:55 PM
so whats going to change later in the series?

KD is not the only one at less than 100% out there yknow

It's not going to be 100%, but if it's say 50% repaired the odds of it being severely injured in a short time is much higher than if they wait until it's 60%, 80% is much better still. When last he was checked on he was still feeling enough pain in testing that the training staff kept him off the court. Until he can practice he's NOT going to play. Once he does practice, they will wait a day and check the pain response the next day. If that is good then he will be recovered enough to consider letting him play. If they play him too soon he will play 30 seconds and miss the rest of the season.

You are a broken record on this but won't do even basic reading on the subject.

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 11:57 PM
It's not going to be 100%, but if it's say 50% repaired the odds of it being severely injured in a short time is much higher than if they wait until it's 60%, 80% is much better still. When last he was checked on he was still feeling enough pain in testing that the training staff kept him off the court. Until he can practice he's NOT going to play. Once he does practice, they will wait a day and check the pain response the next day. If that is good then he will be recovered enough to consider letting him play. If they play him too soon he will play 30 seconds and miss the rest of the season.

You are a broken record on this but won't do even basic reading on the subject.

read many many google searches.... mild calf strain is 7-10 days almost everywhere. One place said 1-2 weeks

likemystylez
05-27-2019, 11:58 PM
As usual, different situations have different processes.

if its as simple as different processes for different situations..... why would they make the claim that its team policy for injured players not to be with the team..... when apparently its only some injured players in some situations

nastynice
05-28-2019, 12:05 AM
read many many google searches.... mild calf strain is 7-10 days almost everywhere. One place said 1-2 weeks

Basically what Scoots said, it's not like one day it's ruined and the next its fixed, its a slow process and depending where you are in the healing phase impact how vulnerable it is to re aggrevation. So that's why I'm saying it's a tough call, there's no right answer or wrong answer.

I'll say this tho, the toughest game to win is the close out game, not the first two. That works both ways. This a championship organization and they know this. I'm confident in their approach.

nastynice
05-28-2019, 12:06 AM
if its as simple as different processes for different situations..... why would they make the claim that its team policy for injured players not to be with the team..... when apparently its only some injured players in some situations

Haha, stop stressing bro!

likemystylez
05-28-2019, 12:15 AM
Basically what Scoots said, it's not like one day it's ruined and the next its fixed, its a slow process and depending where you are in the healing phase impact how vulnerable it is to re aggrevation. So that's why I'm saying it's a tough call, there's no right answer or wrong answer.

I'll say this tho, the toughest game to win is the close out game, not the first two. That works both ways. This a championship organization and they know this. I'm confident in their approach.

I think the problem is the warriors training staff. It seems like every time any player comes across any injury.... its like the first time anybody on the training staff has dealt with the injury. I understand there are variances in different injuries- but the fact that the training staff really has no clue where cousins is with his injury, where iggy is with his injury, where kd is with his injury.... Heck 2-3 weeks ago, they had no idea where damian Jones was with his injury.

Itd be like going into see an Obstetrician Gynecologist and them not knowing a general idea as to when your child will be born.... and then after monitoring the woman regularly for over 8 months..... still having no clue when the baby might be born..... LOL and this happening with every single patient they have.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 12:41 AM

And you know what he had was a "mild calf strain" how? He thought he'd torn his ACL so it must have been much worse than mild.

Also, can you link where you found the recovery time for a 7' pro basketball player to play again was 7-10 days?

I'm dealing with a calf strain right now, it took a week to 10 days to stop hurting, but a 20 minute walk put me back a week in pain and hurt other parts of my body too. I'm not working with a training staff and am not in pro-athlete shape and my strain may be less severe than Durant's.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 12:42 AM
I think the problem is the warriors training staff. It seems like every time any player comes across any injury.... its like the first time anybody on the training staff has dealt with the injury. I understand there are variances in different injuries- but the fact that the training staff really has no clue where cousins is with his injury, where iggy is with his injury, where kd is with his injury.... Heck 2-3 weeks ago, they had no idea where damian Jones was with his injury.

Itd be like going into see an Obstetrician Gynecologist and them not knowing a general idea as to when your child will be born.... and then after monitoring the woman regularly for over 8 months..... still having no clue when the baby might be born..... LOL and this happening with every single patient they have.

You are putting things out there that don't exist. It's all in your head.

nastynice
05-28-2019, 01:13 AM
You are putting things out there that don't exist. It's all in your head.

lol, stylez be hella warriors conspiracy theorist! It's def a love hate relation, lol!

Raps18-19 Champ
05-28-2019, 01:33 AM
Let's go.

Glenfidish
05-28-2019, 02:59 AM
There is no magic formula here! We have the best two teams in the finals. I respect the opposition and two time nba champions, I also respect my toronto raptors and what they are about to accomplish. Funny thing here is we have raptor fans who still donít believe and are calling for warriors in 5 or 6 ridiculous. This is based on what? Previous experience or precious years? Thatís all that is. History is history and the future is now. I donít even know how this all came together but the toronto team, coaching staff, kawai Leonard who has become the best player in the world, Lowry, gasol, ibaka, Powell, Fred, green etc etc but mostly the best fans in the world are going to propel this team to what was once a miracle or a dream nba championship. This movement of winning is unbelievable and the raptors will feed off that energy. It ainít about if Durant comes back or etc itís about those fans are so hungry and the numbers are just staggering. This is powerful and unknown movement. every time Iíve seen this type of power the home team goes on to win

nastynice
05-28-2019, 04:03 AM
There is no magic formula here! We have the best two teams in the finals. I respect the opposition and two time nba champions, I also respect my toronto raptors and what they are about to accomplish. Funny thing here is we have raptor fans who still donít believe and are calling for warriors in 5 or 6 ridiculous. This is based on what? Previous experience or precious years? Thatís all that is. History is history and the future is now. I donít even know how this all came together but the toronto team, coaching staff, kawai Leonard who has become the best player in the world, Lowry, gasol, ibaka, Powell, Fred, green etc etc but mostly the best fans in the world are going to propel this team to what was once a miracle or a dream nba championship. This movement of winning is unbelievable and the raptors will feed off that energy. It ainít about if Durant comes back or etc itís about those fans are so hungry and the numbers are just staggering. This is powerful and unknown movement. every time Iíve seen this type of power the home team goes on to win

We're hungrier. We need the chip worse than you. Hunger beats energy. Hunger is a life and death mechanism :)

basch152
05-28-2019, 04:15 AM
my god.

the "hunger of the fans" has approximately a 0% impact on the outcome of the series.

hate when people say dumb **** like that.

also, the warriors are 3 time champions, not 2.

nastynice
05-28-2019, 04:33 AM
lol, relax

mike_noodles
05-28-2019, 06:43 AM
my god.

the "hunger of the fans" has approximately a 0% impact on the outcome of the series.

I think that one was a little over your head.

ewing
05-28-2019, 06:43 AM
by winning 6 straight playoff games without him against tough western conference opponents... or by being 31-1 in the last 32 games without Durant. or when we won his first title :shrug:

Not that impressed. he won a playoff series and beat the Cavs w/o 2 if there 3 best players while not being all that impressive. This run is the first time he has looked like a ďgreat playerĒ in the post season. Heís needs to keep it up

ewing
05-28-2019, 06:48 AM

Get a life

likemystylez
05-28-2019, 09:03 AM
Get a life

says the dude with 40k posts haha

likemystylez
05-28-2019, 09:10 AM
And you know what he had was a "mild calf strain" how? He thought he'd torn his ACL so it must have been much worse than mild.

Also, can you link where you found the recovery time for a 7' pro basketball player to play again was 7-10 days?

I'm dealing with a calf strain right now, it took a week to 10 days to stop hurting, but a 20 minute walk put me back a week in pain and hurt other parts of my body too. I'm not working with a training staff and am not in pro-athlete shape and my strain may be less severe than Durant's.

1) Can you link me where anybody suspected he tore his ACL? The ACL is in the knee joint. Nothing even close to his calf. (Please dont tell me to research injuries anymore, at this point its laughable)

2) Kevin Durant has had strained calf before. 2 when he has been a warrior. he sat out 6 days for one of them and 9 days for another. Iggy is also dealing with a very similar injury, and yet everyone expects him back and many said he could have played game 4 against portland but it was precautionary.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 09:18 AM
1) Can you link me where anybody suspected he tore his ACL? The ACL is in the knee joint. Nothing even close to his calf. (Please dont tell me to research injuries anymore, at this point its laughable)

2) Kevin Durant has had strained calf before. 2 when he has been a warrior. he sat out 6 days for one of them and 9 days for another. Iggy is also dealing with a very similar injury, and yet everyone expects him back and many said he could have played game 4 against portland but it was precautionary.

Sorry, typo ... he thought it was his achilles https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/24/durant-initially-thought-injury-was-much-worse

And again, every injury is different.

likemystylez
05-28-2019, 09:21 AM
Sorry, typo ... he thought it was his achilles https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/24/durant-initially-thought-injury-was-much-worse

And again, every injury is different.

mixing up an Achilles tendon with an ACL isnt really any better.... Nor is referring to an Achilles as an ACL

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 09:34 AM
Despite the fact Drake just annoys me, I want Toronto to win so badly

Jamiecballer
05-28-2019, 09:44 AM
Despite the fact Drake just annoys me, I want Toronto to win so badlyMe too!

smith&wesson
05-28-2019, 09:59 AM
my god.

Last series proved home court advantage def does help. Calm down dude.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 10:57 AM
mixing up an Achilles tendon with an ACL isnt really any better.... Nor is referring to an Achilles as an ACL

That's why I said "sorry, typo" ... don't know why you said it twice.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 11:28 AM
The fact that an NBA finalist is missing their alleged best player and nobody is predicting a sweep is why this is the most Mickey mouse this league has ever been. The fact that that same team has already swept the conference finals without said player only compounds what's wrong with the NBA today

smith&wesson
05-28-2019, 11:48 AM
The fact that an NBA finalist is missing their alleged best player and nobody is predicting a sweep is why this is the most Mickey mouse this league has ever been. The fact that that same team has already swept the conference finals without said player only compounds what's wrong with the NBA today

I see the spineless teaming up. Durant/Lebron.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 12:01 PM

Nah. The 63 Celtics had 9 hall of famers. The only teams close are other Celtics teams. It's possible this Warriors team gets 5 IF Iguodala and Klay and Green make it, and they are not locks.

Wes Mantooth
05-28-2019, 12:58 PM
My dream scenario is if Durrant is too injured to play and the Warriors sweep the Raptors. No way KD stays if that happens. The NBA is just not fun anymore. Golden State is so good they can ease off the gas and still win a ring. It is a lot more fun when it is not completely obvious who is going to win it all each year.

likemystylez
05-28-2019, 01:10 PM
My dream scenario is if Durrant is too injured to play and the Warriors sweep the Raptors. No way KD stays if that happens. The NBA is just not fun anymore. Golden State is so good they can ease off the gas and still win a ring. It is a lot more fun when it is not completely obvious who is going to win it all each year.

it just depends if you are a fan of efficiency. I like when the warriors win in 4 or 5. Theres no need to turn the finals into an adventure, I just like watching them go out and take care of business.

TrueFan420
05-28-2019, 01:16 PM
Stylez, KD is traveling....

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1778636/report-durant-to-travel-with-warriors-to-toronto

R. Johnson#3
05-28-2019, 01:24 PM
Stylez, KD is traveling....

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1778636/report-durant-to-travel-with-warriors-to-toronto

I believe his game 2 status will be based off game 1.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 01:55 PM
I see the spineless teaming up. Durant/Lebron.

Bron is at the age where we cant possibly expect him to sustain goat levels, he could end his days as a Pippen to KD's MJ without much of a peep from the critics, maybe 1 more year of prime Bron makes it impossible because I dont see KD wanting that.

Not sure what makes Bron spineless when hes carried trash rosters further than anyone and has already proven himself a champion. KD on the other hand lacks the competitive fire to dethrone the contenders and would rather join them himself. Its literally unprecedented cowardice, different tiers. I DESPERATELY desire that KD pulls a LeBron and creates something new.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 01:58 PM
Nah. The 63 Celtics had 9 hall of famers. The only teams close are other Celtics teams. It's possible this Warriors team gets 5 IF Iguodala and Klay and Green make it, and they are not locks.

You speak as if HOF credentials across different eras are a barometer worth mentioning. I dont know what point you're trying to make but feel free to dumb it down for me. I feel like those guys are locks for what its worth but theyre definitely superior supporting players to much of the Celtic dynasty

Scoots
05-28-2019, 01:58 PM
Interesting listening to talking heads. They keep comparing playoff rankings saying Warriors #1 on offense and #8 on defense, and Raps are #8 on offense and #1 on defense. The numbers don't matter because they were making those numbers in different conferences against wildly different teams.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 01:59 PM

as far as how we view the NBA, I think we really need to break up the era's, to a degree. Those Celtics were in a different league. Not at any point before have we seen this talent difference between the top team and the rest of em', post merger. Never. The mere fact the Warriors can lose a so called top 3 player, and a top 2-3 center, and not skip a beat at all, isn't possible post merger.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 02:00 PM
You guys feel like Lowry is a HOF'er now?

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 02:01 PM

not without more accomplishments.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 02:02 PM
Interesting listening to talking heads. They keep comparing playoff rankings saying Warriors #1 on offense and #8 on defense, and Raps are #8 on offense and #1 on defense. The numbers don't matter because they were making those numbers in different conferences against wildly different teams.

the defensive team vs the offensive team narrative is one of the great nba traditions, you gotta squeeze that in when you can. though i will say, the raptors defense does give them a punchers chance.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 02:02 PM
not without more accomplishments.

hes made an nba finals, what if he wins it this year?

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 02:47 PM
hes made an nba finals, what if he wins it this year?

he would need to play like a stud to help his case, and likely have another few good statistical years.

rocket
05-28-2019, 03:32 PM
Not that impressed. he won a playoff series and beat the Cavs w/o 2 if there 3 best players while not being all that impressive. This run is the first time he has looked like a ďgreat playerĒ in the post season. Heís needs to keep it up

thing is Curry sprained his MCL in the 1st round vs the Rockets game 4, had his starting center Bogut out, Draymond got suspended on some bs, Harrison Barnes non existent and ended up being 1 win away from a ring. he don't need KD,

KD joined his team after also choking a 3-1 to Curry...... KD needs Curry

Currys playoff numbers are Good i don't know where that comes From

28.3 -- 5.0 -- 6.4
25.1 -- 5.5 -- 5.2
28.1 -- 6.2 -- 6.7
25.5 -- 6.1 -- 5.4

it don't matter. i Don't think KD plays this series.. and I do think it's going to be a sweep

nastynice
05-28-2019, 03:32 PM
as far as how we view the NBA, I think we really need to break up the era's, to a degree. Those Celtics were in a different league. Not at any point before have we seen this talent difference between the top team and the rest of em', post merger. Never. The mere fact the Warriors can lose a so called top 3 player, and a top 2-3 center, and not skip a beat at all, isn't possible post merger.

Yea, on paper this 2019 warriors is the best team ever. It probably will never be topped

nastynice
05-28-2019, 03:33 PM
thing is Curry sprained his MCL in the 1st round vs the Rockets game 4, had his starting center Bogut out, Draymond got suspended on some bs, Harrison Barnes non existent and ended up being 1 win away from a ring. he don't need KD,

28.3 -- 5.0 -- 6.4
25.1 -- 5.5 -- 5.2
28.1 -- 6.2 -- 6.7
25.5 -- 6.1 -- 5.4

it don't matter. i Don't think KD plays this series.. and I do think it's going to be a sweep

Raptors ain't getting swept, lol, cmon. They probably winning at least 2 in toronto

ewing
05-28-2019, 03:35 PM

28.3 -- 5.0 -- 6.4
25.1 -- 5.5 -- 5.2
28.1 -- 6.2 -- 6.7
25.5 -- 6.1 -- 5.4

a lot of excuses in this post

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 03:48 PM
Yea, on paper this 2019 warriors is the best team ever. It probably will never be topped

not sure how it could be, under the current salary structure. It would take an odd scenario again. No team of GS's caliber should all of a sudden have the money to sign a Durant type.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 04:15 PM
You speak as if HOF credentials across different eras are a barometer worth mentioning. I dont know what point you're trying to make but feel free to dumb it down for me. I feel like those guys are locks for what its worth but theyre definitely superior supporting players to much of the Celtic dynasty

You were talking about "Mickey Mouse" ... those Celtics teams were so far above their competition that they won the finals 11 of 13 years, and made the finals in 12 of 13 years. Those results speak to an even bigger talent discrepancy than the Warriors and their 3 titles.

Jamiecballer
05-28-2019, 04:27 PM
You guys feel like Lowry is a HOF'er now?With a ring possibly, a couple more relatively heathy seasons, yeah

ewing
05-28-2019, 04:32 PM
With a ring possibly, a couple more relatively heathy seasons, yeah

I agree. I don't think he makes the cut yet but he isn't far off either

rocket
05-28-2019, 04:37 PM
a lot of excuses in this post

then what are you even discussing.. you're talking about the best shooter to touch a basketball who has went to 5 straight finals and saying you're not impressed? he is 31-1 without Durant... that's almost unimaginable

and I just showed you his playoff stats... but you got Nothing to say.

rocket
05-28-2019, 04:38 PM
With a ring possibly, a couple more relatively heathy seasons, yeah

can't tell if serious

rocket
05-28-2019, 04:39 PM
I agree. I don't think he makes the cut yet but he isn't far off either

Lmao...

i'm done

rocket
05-28-2019, 04:40 PM
Raptors ain't getting swept, lol, cmon. They probably winning at least 2 in toronto

This series isn't even going to be close.

Jamiecballer
05-28-2019, 04:47 PM
can't tell if seriousHis advanced stats plus the undeniable fact that the Raptors success over the past 5 years is indisputably tied to his presence on the court will garner him some support.

Basketball reference has him at 46% probability of HOF but a couple more strong seasons or a ring could decide it for him.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 04:53 PM
You were talking about "Mickey Mouse" ... those Celtics teams were so far above their competition that they won the finals 11 of 13 years, and made the finals in 12 of 13 years. Those results speak to an even bigger talent discrepancy than the Warriors and their 3 titles.

again, in the old NBA, before rules were in place to disperse talent. Totally different criteria.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 04:54 PM
then what are you even discussing.. you're talking about the best shooter to touch a basketball who has went to 5 straight finals and saying you're not impressed? he is 31-1 without Durant... that's almost unimaginable

ewing is so odd to me. He clearly understands basketball, yet hates on Lebron's accomplishments, disses Curry, and jock rides Kyrie Irving of all players.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 05:04 PM
again, in the old NBA, before rules were in place to disperse talent. Totally different criteria.

When the comparison is "ever" the context is all of history, not just one era.

Saddletramp
05-28-2019, 05:34 PM

Give me a break. Thatís before inflated contracts, more teams, salary caps, free agency, endorsements, rule changes to help out offense, medical advances, etc......

It was a different game.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 05:45 PM

Those Celtics weren't all the same and the competition varied but yeah, I could see some iterations being up there too. I just find it hard to fathom them remaining a true contender/favorite without their best player the way these Dubs are. At the beginning of their run when the league was smaller sure but not once the talent expanded by the mid 60's or so. I mean by the end of that run they were running on fumes and they fell off immediately without Russ at that point.

Chronz
05-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Give me a break. Thatís before inflated contracts, more teams, salary caps, free agency, endorsements, rule changes to help out offense, medical advances, etc......

It was a different game.

Thats the greater point but its an argument even with that. I just know at the time, nobody felt the Celtics were that much better than the comp, few rarely talked about them the way we talk about these dubs.

ewing
05-28-2019, 05:51 PM

Iím talking about a guy that has not shown himself to be better in the playoffs then regular season. Iím talking about a guy that hasnít shown himself to be a player that you expect to make big time plays at big time moments in the post season yet. Iím taking about a guy that still has something to prove.

ewing
05-28-2019, 06:35 PM
ewing is so odd to me. He clearly understands basketball, yet hates on Lebron's accomplishments, disses Curry, and jock rides Kyrie Irving of all players.

You guys just jump the gun and have whipping boys. Curry might go down as a top shelf all time great. Heís just not there yet.

Scoots
05-28-2019, 06:36 PM

It was a different game.

Ever in the NBA means ever in the NBA. Sorry you don't like it. When records are compared they say "the most" not the most in the last 30 years because of rule changes. NBA records cover the whole history of the NBA.

rocket
05-28-2019, 06:48 PM
His advanced stats plus the undeniable fact that the Raptors success over the past 5 years is indisputably tied to his presence on the court will garner him some support.

Basketball reference has him at 46% probability of HOF but a couple more strong seasons or a ring could decide it for him.

we're talking about Kyle Lowry here right? the 33 year old who just went to his first Eastern Conference final who is averaging 14 ppg for his career?

rocket
05-28-2019, 07:02 PM

this is Kyrie without LeBron

mike_noodles
05-28-2019, 07:11 PM

That kid is the opposite of what I love about basketball.

Jamiecballer
05-28-2019, 07:14 PM
we're talking about Kyle Lowry here right? the 33 year old who just went to his first Eastern Conference final who is averaging 14 ppg for his career?That says all I need to know right there

ewing
05-28-2019, 07:29 PM
we're talking about Kyle Lowry here right? the 33 year old who just went to his first Eastern Conference final who is averaging 14 ppg for his career?

I think the bar for the HOF is too low and Lowery is a 5 time all star. I donít think he is as far off as you think

rocket
05-28-2019, 07:30 PM
That says all I need to know right there

in what world is Kyle Lowry even considered HOF. Explain to me what he does so well or has accomplished that backs that up

ChongInc.
05-28-2019, 09:58 PM
in what world is Kyle Lowry even considered HOF. Explain to me what he does so well or has accomplished that backs that up

You clearly haven't watched him play. You will see what he brings in these finals.

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 10:38 PM

Nah. Context matters

Hawkeye15
05-28-2019, 11:01 PM
You guys just jump the gun and have whipping boys. Curry might go down as a top shelf all time great. Heís just not there yet.

Eh I am fair on Curry. I think you hate watch a few guys for sure tho

Raps18-19 Champ
05-28-2019, 11:04 PM
Let's go.

R. Johnson#3
05-28-2019, 11:13 PM

Laugh and hate all you want but that kid has some ridiculously quick feet.

smith&wesson
05-28-2019, 11:42 PM

He has lead his team to the eastern conference finals before. This is his first time on the finals.

rocket
05-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Laugh and hate all you want but that kid has some ridiculously quick feet.

I actually like the kid but he's 5'5 and is Not good at all Lmao

ewing
05-29-2019, 07:51 AM
Eh I am fair on Curry. I think you hate watch a few guys for sure tho

You are more measured on Curry. I donít think I down play him though. Rocket said he has nothing to prove. I just think that is wrong. He is already a HOFer and a guy that wonít be forgotten but if he wants to be on one of the top shelves historicity I do think he still has something to prove. I actually think he has a pretty good shot at doing it (his attitude and the improvements he made physically and skill wise make me think he can). I not going to put him in the class of the Shaq and Bird etc until he does. Itís time to be the best player on the biggest stage

TheDish87
05-29-2019, 09:11 AM
Warriors in 5. Klay MVP

Rivera
05-29-2019, 09:30 AM

god this is such an interesting discussion. If this wasnt the basketball HOF we are talking about, its an easy Hell No. But because the BBall HOF is a joke, he has a legit case.

5 all star games
1x all NBA (3rd team)
1 Olympic Gold
2nd team all Big East

Basketball reference gives him a 45.6% odds to make it. His stats dont scream HOF but with the lowered expectations, he has an argument.

What drives me nuts is how BBall ref calculates HOF odds. For the life of me, I do not understand how Kyle Lowry has significantly better odds than Manu Ginobili (45.6 % vs 20 %)

To me, Manu has a much bigger HOF case than Lowry, but its deff a good discussion. I would put him in my Hall of Good/Very good, but not my HOF. But he has a chance to make it to the real one because of the lowered standards

ewing
05-29-2019, 09:32 AM
god this is such an interesting discussion. If this wasnt the basketball HOF we are talking about, its an easy Hell No. But because the BBall HOF is a joke, he has a legit case.

5 all star games
1x all NBA (3rd team)
1 Olympic Gold
2nd team all Big East

Basketball reference gives him a 45.6% odds to make it. His stats dont scream HOF but with the lowered expectations, he has an argument.

What drives me nuts is how BBall ref calculates HOF odds. For the life of me, I do not understand how Kyle Lowry has significantly better odds than Manu Ginobili (45.6 % vs 20 %)

To me, Manu has a much bigger HOF case than Lowry, but its deff a good discussion. I would put him in my Hall of Good/Very good, but not my HOF. But he has a chance to make it to the real one because of the lowered standards

Spot on. Good post

Hawkeye15
05-29-2019, 09:52 AM
You are more measured on Curry. I donít think I down play him though. Rocket said he has nothing to prove. I just think that is wrong. He is already a HOFer and a guy that wonít be forgotten but if he wants to be on one of the top shelves historicity I do think he still has something to prove. I actually think he has a pretty good shot at doing it (his attitude and the improvements he made physically and skill wise make me think he can). I not going to put him in the class of the Shaq and Bird etc until he does. Itís time to be the best player on the biggest stage

I agree with you completely. Curry is a sensational player, but he gets overrated in the big picture. Now is his time to remind everyone what he is capable of doing, and not to shrink.

Jamiecballer
05-29-2019, 11:04 AM

his case will likely ultimately come down to how much more advanced stats are considered in the future than today. if todays voters are the voters when Lowry's time comes around, he is unlikely to make it without ending his career with 2 or 3 trips to the finals on his resume.

for those who take a deep dive into stats he does have a couple things on his resume to consider.

he will likely finish

top 20 all-time in 3 pointers,
top 25 all-time in assists,
top 75 all-time in steals,

as of this moment his is

56th all-time in offensive rating
100th all-time in offensive win shares
122nd all-time in total win shares
90th all-time in win shares per 48
41st all-time in box plus/minus
27th all-time in offensive box plus/minus

now consider that this is a guy who never really got his shot until he was 26. it also depends on how history ultimately looks at DeRozan and what he really meant to the Raptors the past 5 seasons.

rocket
05-29-2019, 11:41 AM
:smoking:

LeonFSU
05-29-2019, 03:36 PM
Kawhi cannot be stopped.

Dade County
05-29-2019, 06:09 PM
GS fans, after listening to Silver & the media these past 2 days, I don't like it.

If GS doesn't win this series, in 4, 5, or 6 games, all i can say is I'm sorry. Your not the first organization this would have happen too, and you wont be the last.

nastynice
05-29-2019, 06:26 PM
GS fans, after listening to Silver & the media these past 2 days, I don't like it.

If GS doesn't win this series, in 4, 5, or 6 games, all i can say is I'm sorry. Your not the first organization this would have happen too, and you wont be the last.

What's this mean?

Scoots
05-29-2019, 10:27 PM
What's this mean?

I was wondering too.

pebloemer
05-29-2019, 10:37 PM
I'm inferring that it means he feels Silver will influence officiating in this series to serve the best interest of the NBA.

Dade County
05-29-2019, 11:39 PM
What's this mean?

I was wondering too.
I'm inferring that it means he feels Silver will influence officiating in this services to serve the best interest of the NBA.

It sounds like this will be a forced 6 or 7 game series.

I just know, whichever team trades for AD, expect nearly the same results as kawhi is having now; that team will have a deep playoff run (or make the Final's).

Kawhi has game we all know that... But I am watching the League very closely, and it seems they are flexing their muscles on player movement especially when it has anything to do with Lbj/Lakers.

I can't wait to see who AD is traded too, and how the media places that franchise on a pedestal all year long. Just like when Boston first got kyrie, but since they believe he is leaving and didn't truly commit to the team (yeah I know he gave that bogus speech saying, if you will have me...etc).

Amelia17195
05-30-2019, 05:23 AM
I think this is going to be a grinding and very competitive Finals, with a distinct possibility it goes seven games (especially if KD doesnít make it back until late in the series, if at all).

R. Johnson#3
05-30-2019, 05:38 AM

I just know, whichever team trades for AD, expect nearly the same results as kawhi is having now; that team will have a deep playoff run (or make the Final's).

Kawhi has game we all know that... But I am watching the League very closely, and it seems they are flexing their muscles on player movement especially when it has anything to do with Lbj/Lakers.

I can't wait to see who AD is traded too, and how the media places that franchise on a pedestal all year long. Just like when Boston first got kyrie, but since they believe he is leaving and didn't truly commit to the team (yeah I know he gave that bogus speech saying, if you will have me...etc).

The league definitely helped the Raptors with their deep playoff run and finals appearance. It's not like they had been knocking at the door for the last 4 or 5 years and clearly needed that one last piece.

TheDish87
05-30-2019, 10:50 AM
The league definitely helped the Raptors with their deep playoff run and finals appearance. It's not like they had been knocking at the door for the last 4 or 5 years and clearly needed that one last piece.

yea the league def turned up the fan in the building to push KL's buzzer beater against the sixers back into the net

WaDe03
05-30-2019, 11:13 AM

You will never give this **** up will you?

WaDe03
05-30-2019, 11:15 AM
If the Raptors donít start the series with Kawhi on Curry they deserve to lose. Canít spot the warriors 2 games like you did the Bucks before you decide to put one of the best defenders ever on the opposing teams best player (since KD is out).

Iím hoping for Raptors in 7, go the distance!

Scoots
05-30-2019, 11:52 AM
I don't think the NBA is manipulating officiating. The risk is WAY too high for them ... they would be caught and once they were caught the NBA would cease to exist. There is no way they are manipulating results.

Scoots
05-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Rumors seems to be that KD and Cousins may both miss game 1 but have a chance to play in game 2.

R. Johnson#3
05-30-2019, 12:03 PM
Damnit, I want Cousins on the floor. KD can miss as many games as he needs to though lol.

ewing
05-30-2019, 12:44 PM
I don't think the NBA is manipulating officiating. The risk is WAY too high for them ... they would be caught and once they were caught the NBA would cease to exist. There is no way they are manipulating results.

I agree, I do think that players and teams and influence how the league interprets rules as a whole though. I think two years ago is when I noticed LeBron using a forearm to create space on almost every drive. Before LeBron I feel like this was illegal for the whole league then suddenly everyone was doing it. I think we saw the league look to protect MJ back in the day. I think the we've seen rule interpretations change b/c of players and preferred styles but the league does pick winner and losers before a series

Bostonjorge
05-30-2019, 12:44 PM
Cousins is available for game 1

ewing
05-30-2019, 12:45 PM
Cousins is available for game 1

interesting. Raptor fans does he help you guys match up wise or hurt you?

MarkieMark48
05-30-2019, 01:00 PM

2002 Kings don't believe you

rocket
05-30-2019, 01:06 PM

I don't think this would help any opposing team in any way..

just another weapon out there with an already depleted bench

rocket
05-30-2019, 01:07 PM

this... this is Very true

Scoots
05-30-2019, 01:31 PM
I agree, I do think that players and teams and influence how the league interprets rules as a whole though. I think two years ago is when I noticed LeBron using a forearm to create space on almost every drive. Before LeBron I feel like this was illegal for the whole league then suddenly everyone was doing it. I think we saw the league look to protect MJ back in the day. I think the we've seen rule interpretations change b/c of players and preferred styles but the league does pick winner and losers before a series

I agree. The players/coaches and the league are always pushing back and forth with the officials in the middle.

Scoots
05-30-2019, 01:36 PM

That was a bent official not the NBA.

Scoots
05-30-2019, 01:38 PM

In spots Cousins could help just because he can provide a post offensive threat, and he can match Gasol's physicality rebounding. Not a big deal most likely.

R. Johnson#3
05-30-2019, 01:39 PM

I think heís a huge help. Heíll be taking shots away from Steph and Klay on top of being a turnover machine. He has 2 career post season games and was terrible in both. I hope he starts.

Hawkeye15
05-30-2019, 01:39 PM

well it gives GS 2 players now that might lose their mind at any given moment, so that is a plus for the Raps

pebloemer
05-30-2019, 01:41 PM

Depends how they integrate him. I like Marc Gasol matching up against him defensively but I don't exactly expect they'd be throwing him into post-ups while getting up to speed. Kind of takes away from the other things the Warriors do well. I don't expect Cousins to have a big role in this series personally, even if he is active.

R. Johnson#3
05-30-2019, 01:41 PM
I don't think this would help any opposing team in any way..

just another weapon out there with an already depleted bench

DeMarcus Cousins is good in fantasy basketball. In actual basketball heís a headcase with no finals experience. 99% of the time heís the biggest and strongest guy on the floor but wants to play like a wing.

Hawkeye15
05-30-2019, 02:01 PM
DeMarcus Cousins is good in fantasy basketball. In actual basketball heís a headcase with no finals experience. 99% of the time heís the biggest and strongest guy on the floor but wants to play like a wing.

and Cousins is one of the many who would be attempting to guard Shaq today hahaha (sorry, pulling from another thread to double down on your point).

Scoots
05-30-2019, 02:24 PM

The Warriors running split post with Cousins has worked well in the past with the backups because he is big and a threat in the post and is a good passer.

He's not a max guy, but at $5M he's a bargain for the Warriors. They understand that, though most people seem to think they will just give him the ball and stop the rest of the offense.

He's a useful tool, and that usefulness is likely well less than 20 minutes a game would be my guess.

WhiteShadow42
05-30-2019, 02:58 PM

LOl. Ya as a Lakers fan I was shocked myself on the calls we were getting.

Jamiecballer
05-30-2019, 03:04 PM
interesting. Raptor fans does he help you guys match up wise or hurt you?I want Durant and cousins on the floor.

Jamiecballer
05-30-2019, 03:04 PM
well it gives GS 2 players now that might lose their mind at any given moment, so that is a plus for the RapsUh huh

R. Johnson#3
05-30-2019, 03:53 PM
The Warriors running split post with Cousins has worked well in the past with the backups because he is big and a threat in the post and is a good passer.

He's not a max guy, but at $5M he's a bargain for the Warriors. They understand that, though most people seem to think they will just give him the ball and stop the rest of the offense.

He's a useful tool, and that usefulness is likely well less than 20 minutes a game would be my guess.

He's a monster in the post but I wouldn't call him a good passer. Yeah, he can make good passes but he also turns the ball over way too much to be considered a good passer in my books. I get that a portion of his turnovers come from offensive fouls as well but I've just always seen him as a guy who makes bad decisions with the ball in his hands. If he made a living in the post he'd be unstoppable.

It's not that everyone will stop, it's that he will. In his only full playoff game he turned the ball over 6 times, shot 4/12 and fouled out in 20 minutes. This is why I want him to play big minutes with the stakes being WAY higher. If he does end up playing small minutes (which he probably will) then he won't be that much help for the Raps.

WaDe03
05-30-2019, 04:05 PM
I want Durant and cousins on the floor.

You think you do but you really donít.

Scoots
05-30-2019, 04:18 PM
He's a monster in the post but I wouldn't call him a good passer. Yeah, he can make good passes but he also turns the ball over way too much to be considered a good passer in my books. I get that a portion of his turnovers come from offensive fouls as well but I've just always seen him as a guy who makes bad decisions with the ball in his hands. If he made a living in the post he'd be unstoppable.

It's not that everyone will stop, it's that he will. In his only full playoff game he turned the ball over 6 times, shot 4/12 and fouled out in 20 minutes. This is why I want him to play big minutes with the stakes being WAY higher. If he does end up playing small minutes (which he probably will) then he won't be that much help for the Raps.

His turnovers tend to happen when he's trying to score more than when he's passing. With the Warriors he was getting the ball in the post when there was little to no offensive talent around him which lead to him getting single minded on scoring and because of the lack of players around he was getting digs that were knocking the ball loose a lot.

This year he's got very limited lift and his explosion was way down ... all that is natural for someone coming off that injury, next year will be interesting for him.

But like I said, he offers them something different ... a change of pace is something the Warriors like, and they like to play all their players because even if someone isn't a big individual plus they can provide advantages in preparation and in rest, and those unheralded players have made a bigger than expected positive enough that I have a hard time thinking Kerr is suddenly going to forget what works.

Jamiecballer
05-30-2019, 04:53 PM
You think you do but you really donít.I like our chances better. I want KD trying to prove that the warriors arent better without him. I want Cousins trying to score on Gasol.

I think we have a real chance at giving them a good series but I fear the old Curry, Draymond, Thompson dynamic much more.

rocket
05-30-2019, 05:51 PM

I will gladly take him over Bogut off the bench

Cousins is a headcase but he makes them better

rocket
05-30-2019, 05:53 PM
if i was a Raptors fan i'd want Cousins and KD playing but I wouldn't want just KD or just Cousins playing

Jamiecballer
05-30-2019, 06:34 PM
if i was a Raptors fan i'd want Cousins and KD playing but I wouldn't want just KD or just Cousins playingHoly crap you literally stole a thought I had 20 mins ago word for word

rocket
05-30-2019, 06:36 PM
curry played middle school ball in Toronto for 3 years while Dell played for the Raptors

pretty sure his highest PPG and best record vs opponent is also the Raptors. he might avg 40

Heediot
05-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Curry gonna get clamped down tonight. His mates need to step up.

rocket
05-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Holy crap you literally stole a thought I had 20 mins ago word for word

my bad G. i Aint mean to do that

ewing
05-30-2019, 07:35 PM
Holy crap you literally stole a thought I had 20 mins ago word for word

Thats one dimensional checkers

ewing
05-30-2019, 07:36 PM
curry played middle school ball in Toronto for 3 years while Dell played for the Raptors

pretty sure his highest PPG and best record vs opponent is also the Raptors. he might avg 40

He experience in middle school probably prepared him for this moment

Jamiecballer
05-30-2019, 08:51 PM
Interesting that Stephen A chose today to state Masai was going to trade DeMar no matter what, I cant remember him ever saying anything like this before

zn23
05-30-2019, 08:55 PM
Raptors are the biggest team in Canada by a mile. Hockey and Baseball don't have the same international appeal. You wouldn't see even a quarter of what you see in the streets if the Maple Leafs or Blue Jays won. Those sports appeal to specific audiences. Basketball appeals to everyone.

Jamiecballer
05-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Raptors are the biggest team in Canada by a mile. Hockey and Baseball don't have the same international appeal. You wouldn't see even a quarter of what you see in the streets if the Maple Leafs or Blue Jays won. Those sports appeal to specific audiences. Basketball appeals to everyone.You arent from here are you lol

ewing
05-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Stupid tenors

ewing
05-30-2019, 08:59 PM
You arent from here are you lol

He draws down my opinion of the fan base

nastynice
05-30-2019, 09:03 PM
Curry gonna need to step it up. This defense gonna be way more physical than Portland

TrueFan420
05-30-2019, 09:03 PM
Letís get this **** started!!!!!!!

TrueFan420
05-30-2019, 09:04 PM
Curry gonna need to step it up. This defense gonna be way more physical than Portland

Agreed

Saddletramp
05-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Warriors in 4, maybe 6.

TrueFan420
05-30-2019, 09:10 PM
Warriors in 4, maybe 6.

Doubt 4. Best is 5 but I suspect 6. The Raptors match up and play us well.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:11 PM
warriors are just better but this is as big of a finals for curry as any he has been in... he needs this mvp period.... losing this series will be horrid for him and winning it with someone else getting mvp will be bad as well... he needs to show that he is really on that durant/lebron/giannis level etc.

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:13 PM
start it with a **** call on a super star

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:13 PM
lol that curry call... come on

ChiTownPacerFan
05-30-2019, 09:14 PM
And the NBA finals begins with the most 2019 NBA play possible. Curry unnaturally lurching into a defender and getting rewarded with free throws.

Groaaaaaan.

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:14 PM
At least KL got away with a clear double dribbles

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:16 PM
danny missing wide open 3s lol

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:16 PM
GS is giving up a wide open look everytime down

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:17 PM
raptors on pace for 900 3s this game

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:18 PM
raptors on pace for 900 3s this game

if GS is going to just pack in against KL they should keep taking them

Saddletramp
Doubt 4. Best is 5 but I suspect 6. The Raptors match up and play us well.

I donít see Toronto at home losing if down 3-1. But I can see an early sweep. But I just donít think itíll be that close, regardless of how many it goes. Hopefully, KD leaves and things get back to normal.

nastynice
And the NBA finals begins with the most 2019 NBA play possible. Curry unnaturally lurching into a defender and getting rewarded with free throws.

Groaaaaaan.

No, he jumped straight, that was a legit foul.

More-Than-Most
well **** me look at that.... cp3 did make the finals... first commercial out with MIB is all him.

nastynice
Looks like a good match up. Gonna be about which defense can stay locked in longer

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:19 PM

stop being such a homer. Your getting cartoonish.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:21 PM
has anyone seen giannis? figured hed be here for the finals enjoying this with us : )

i see rush lurking... my god i need raptors to win

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:22 PM
Looks like it the refs are going to keep this too civil for my liking

More-Than-Most
draymond green is getting a max... he is ****ing fantastuc lately

nastynice
stop being such a homer. Your getting cartoonish.

lol, kawhi legit stepped into him

ChiTownPacerFan
05-30-2019, 09:23 PM

That play is called a foul 50% of the time, and it should never be. What is the defender following the curling Curry supposed to do, stop before her gets around the screen. If the defender gets around the screen, all Curry has to do is stop his natural momentum and he'll force contact. It's not a natural motion, and it's bs that it's ever called.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:24 PM
i dont like how the raptors are playing curry.... why not make the person he is guarding do more than stand around? make the dude spend a ton of energy on defense.

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:24 PM
nice D by Kyle the last couple times down. Liking his denial so far

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:25 PM
curry big so far. good ****

Bostonjorge
05-30-2019, 09:25 PM
Green is good

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:26 PM
lol the raptors defense on curry is hilarious... just keep letting him shoot guys with nobody near him.

ChiTownPacerFan
05-30-2019, 09:26 PM
lol, kawhi legit stepped into him

Not going to go back and forth on this all night, but KL followed him around a screen. Curry stopped his natural momentum which was toward the basket and shot an absolutely unnatural shot to create contact. If there wasn't a defender there at all, would Curry have shot with that motion? Hell no.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 09:27 PM
curry is guarding green... green is stationary... curry is resting on defense.... did people learn nothing from what the cavs did years ago?

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:27 PM
can't leave Curry on the scrambles.

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Lowery has played some good D but he looks like the one guy that is overwound and forcing some. Surprising

TrueFan420
Klay with the travel there

Scoots

Depends on the officiating too. I just hope they are consistent.

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:29 PM
Mark Jackson loves that mid range J

ewing
05-30-2019, 09:31 PM
Not going to go back and forth on this all night, but KL followed him around a screen. Curry stopped his natural momentum which was toward the basket and shot an absolutely unnatural shot to create contact. If there wasn't a defender there at all, would Curry have shot with that motion? Hell no.

he also flopped b/c KL did a good job holding up and barely touched him. Bad call. Time to let it go and stop leaving Curry on scrambles. He looks dangerous right now