PDA

View Full Version : All-NBA teams released

Giannis94
05-23-2019, 02:30 PM
I think they got it right for the most part except for westy & LeBron but I guess when it's 3rd team it doesn't really matter.

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
25m25 minutes ago
More
NBA All-NBA:

First team: Stephen Curry, James Harden, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Jokic, Paul George.

Second team: Damian Lillard, Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving.

Third team: Russell Westbrook, Blake Griffin, LeBron James, Rudy Gobert, Kemba Walker.

tp13baby
05-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Kidd hires by LA, one of the worst modern day coaches I have watched to hopefully bring G to LA. It was always a long shot but he now just secured the largest deal in NBA history.

Dame and Kemba also benefitted.

tp13baby
05-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Also Steph getting first team, Durant getting the second team all while playing less games. 30-1 without KD as well, but some here are calling Steph overrated.

Hahaha

Giannis94
05-23-2019, 02:44 PM
Also Steph getting first team, Durant getting the second team all while playing less games. 30-1 without KD as well, but some here are calling Steph overrated.

Hahaha

I used to think that Curry and harden were comparable. Now i realize steph is on his own tier and Harden is more comprable with Westy.

Saddletramp
05-23-2019, 03:58 PM
Id love to see those three teams in a round robin type tournament.

JAZZNC
05-23-2019, 04:02 PM
Crazy that Rudy is 3rd team all NBA and can't even make the damn All-Star game. Ridiculous.

zn23
05-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Thunder got bounced in the first round in 5 games... they shouldn't have two players on the All-NBA teams.

cmellofan15
05-23-2019, 07:02 PM
Remove Westbrook and KD over PG... but everything else is okay I guess.

JAZZNC
05-23-2019, 08:05 PM
Lmao at Klay being butthurt he didn't make an All NBA team. That's what happens when you play on a stacked *** team and go ghost regularly. The voters are going to reward guys in worse circumstances. He should just enjoy is automatic All-Star appearances every year for just being on GS.

tp13baby
05-23-2019, 08:44 PM
Crazy that Rudy is 3rd team all NBA and can't even make the damn All-Star game. Ridiculous.

Dude deserves so much more recognition.

zn23
05-23-2019, 09:54 PM
Paul George and Westbrook are the two most overrated players in the league by a comfortable margin.

It's funny how only two teams have multiple All-NBA players: GSW and OKC.

One of those teams is going to its 5th straight final, the other got bounced in the 1st round for the 3rd straight year and lost in 5 games this year.

That just tells you how people overrate them. At the bare minimum can they at least get to the 2nd round? Or the Conference Finals?

tp13baby
05-23-2019, 10:25 PM
Paul George and Westbrook are the two most overrated players in the league by a comfortable margin.

It's funny how only two teams have multiple All-NBA players: GSW and OKC.

One of those teams is going to its 5th straight final, the other got bounced in the 1st round for the 3rd straight year and lost in 5 games this year.

That just tells you how people overrate them. At the bare minimum can they at least get to the 2nd round? Or the Conference Finals?

Not sure PG is overrated. He played injured the second half. Westbrook just plays harder than everyone and when the playoffs come up its pretty even. Worst offensive shot selection player in the NBA. God it must be miserable watching him sometimes.

Saddletramp
05-23-2019, 10:54 PM
Lmao at Klay being butthurt he didn't make an All NBA team. That's what happens when you play on a stacked *** team and go ghost regularly. The voters are going to reward guys in worse circumstances. He should just enjoy is automatic All-Star appearances every year for just being on GS.

He is losing out on a ****load of money because of it. Although I doubt the Warriors wouldve given him the whole raise because wheres he going to go? Hes got the perfect situation for himself there.

More-Than-Most
05-24-2019, 12:47 AM
really glad jokic got the nod over embiid for first team... well deserved. Much smarter player.

Storch
05-24-2019, 07:11 PM
really glad jokic got the nod over embiid for first team... well deserved. Much smarter player.

Both are awesome, glad they made it

basch152
05-24-2019, 08:42 PM
I feel like these playoffs are showing Kawhi should definitely be 1st team and maybe even MVP

TrueFan420
05-24-2019, 09:04 PM
Id love to see those three teams in a round robin type tournament.

Id love to see 1 v 2 but I think the 3 would get punked by 1 or 2.

basch152
05-25-2019, 02:17 AM
Id love to see 1 v 2 but I think the 3 would get punked by 1 or 2.

they would. Gobert and lebron I feel are the only 2 that could be considered on a level with anyone on the first two teams.

SenileStern
05-25-2019, 06:58 AM
Hopefully the votes will be made public soon. It would be fun if one of the whining media people actually didn't vote Klay. I remember Rachel Nichols did this last season, when she said that she can't believe he hasn't made the all defense team and later it turned out she didn't vote for him.

Also, it's stupid from the media people like SAS, Kellerman to argue they would rather have Klay on their team than Westbrook, Kyrie, Kemba. The vote is about who played the best this season, not about who are the best players...Klay had quite a lot of poor games this season, that's for sure.

Chronz
05-25-2019, 10:13 AM
I feel like these playoffs are showing Kawhi should definitely be 1st team and maybe even MVP

i found a way to sneak Kawhi in by moving PG to the 2 when we did ours here. i know people will chime in on how the playoffs and regular season are different but we all know full well that some players are playing with the ultimate goal in mind and that should be taken into account just abit.

basch152
05-25-2019, 11:19 AM
i found a way to sneak Kawhi in by moving PG to the 2 when we did ours here. i know people will chime in on how the playoffs and regular season are different but we all know full well that some players are playing with the ultimate goal in mind and that should be taken into account just abit.

my thing about that is, in the regular season a lot of players "play great" but are paper tigers and don't actually have a huge impact on winning, then get exposed in the playoffs. Russell westbrook is a great example of this.

I think that's why playoffs should be considered

Jamiecballer
05-25-2019, 12:13 PM
I feel like these playoffs are showing Kawhi should definitely be 1st team and maybe even MVPI'm sure a healthy number of people think a guy who voluntarily didn't play a quarter of his games didn't deserve that honor and even as I enjoy his amazing play as a Raptor fan I can't argue that thought process

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ewing
05-25-2019, 01:08 PM
I'm sure a healthy number of people think a guy who voluntarily didn't play a quarter of his games didn't deserve that honor and even as I enjoy his amazing play as a Raptor fan I can't argue that thought process

I think you nailed this one [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
05-25-2019, 06:47 PM
I think you nailed this one [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI feel blessed, truly

beasted86
05-25-2019, 08:28 PM

No. Just speaks to the archaic structure of the All-NBA teams requiring 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a Center. Even the all-star game has adapted.

Rudy Gobert is nowhere remotely close to a top 15 player. Nowhere close.

ewing
05-25-2019, 08:43 PM
No. Just speaks to the archaic structure of the All-NBA teams requiring 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a Center. Even the all-star game has adapted.

I think he is probably a top 20 player in the league

beasted86
05-25-2019, 09:05 PM
I think he is probably a top 20 player in the league

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Me personally I have him around 30th if every player is healthy if the league started over with an expansion draft.

tp13baby
05-26-2019, 05:09 PM

Hmm give me a list of players that are above him. Want to see where you place him.

tp13baby
05-26-2019, 05:09 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Me personally I have him around 30th if every player is healthy if the league started over with an expansion draft.

Name a few guys that would be taken right before him.

beasted86
05-26-2019, 07:56 PM
Name a few guys that would be taken right before him.

Assuming everyone is 100% healthy:

Harden, Giannis, Durant, Curry, Klay, Leonard, LeBron, Jokic, Embiid, Simmons, Butler, AD, Westbrook, PG, Irving, Lilliard, KP, Doncic, Kemba, Towns, Griffin, Oladipo, Jrue, Russell, Wall, Beal, Mitchell....

This is 27 I feel are clearly better just my opinion. I can see people debating at least 6-8 of those and having a decent argument against it. But I've just never seen Gobert take over many playoff games. I know people will point to the defensive metrics and everything that shows how good he is, but I can't see many scenarios you replace him on one of those teams and they get better. For example say you think Westbrook is a glorified chucker and Gobert is better. Okay let's say you replace him with Gobert, then find the equivalent to Adam's impact packaged as a PG (Bledsoe? Rubio?)... Do I think Thunder improve with Gobert? Personally no, they are still not headed to the second round.

basch152
05-26-2019, 08:55 PM

Harden, Giannis, Durant, Curry, Klay, Leonard, LeBron, Jokic, Embiid, Simmons, Butler, AD, Westbrook, PG, Irving, Lilliard, KP, Doncic, Kemba, Towns, Griffin, Oladipo, Jrue, Russell, Wall, Beal, Mitchell....

This is 27 I feel are clearly better just my opinion. I can see people debating at least 6-8 of those and having a decent argument against it. But I've just never seen Gobert take over many playoff games. I know people will point to the defensive metrics and everything that shows how good he is, but I can't see many scenarios you replace him on one of those teams and they get better. For example say you think Westbrook is a glorified chucker and Gobert is better. Okay let's say you replace him with Gobert, then find the equivalent to Adam's impact packaged as a PG (Bledsoe? Rubio?)... Do I think Thunder improve with Gobert? Personally no, they are still not headed to the second round.

while I agree with about where you rank Gobert, I disagree in that I think a bledsoe/Gobert led thunder is far superior to a westbrook/Adams led one.

but I also think westbrooks stat chasing is a monstrous negative so

ewing
05-26-2019, 10:16 PM

I think they are. I also saw The Thunder play the Jazz in the playoffs. Rudy owned the paint. Russ would beat his guy off the dribble but then have no where to go bc Rudy was waiting in the paint and no one came off the perimeter guys bc everyone knew it. The guy is a total impact player. I honestly think the idea that Jrue Holiday is more valuable is totally laughable.