PDA

View Full Version : Pels hire Trajan Langdon as new GM

Scoots
05-19-2019, 02:51 PM
Good move. The question I always have about NO is are they going to spend the money around the edges to be a good franchise?

Heediot
05-19-2019, 03:22 PM
Good move. The question I always have about NO is are they going to spend the money around the edges to be a good franchise?

He is a dukie . So that may help with making Zion comfy in Orleans. Maybe they will try and nab to barrett to boot. Reddish icing on the cake?

ewing
05-19-2019, 06:37 PM
Good time to get the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohreally
05-20-2019, 12:51 AM
Smart move by the Pels. Nets will miss him.

TrueFan420
05-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Good time to get the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More like great. While it’s not idea to lose a player like AD, he will net a good return of young players and picks. He should be able to rebuild the team quickly. Outside of Jrue Holliday all of the players contracts expire after next year. They’ll be able to move forward with a young team and a lot of cap space. If Zion shows well in year 1 they should have no problem attracting a top FA to pair with him and whoever the AD trade nets them. They could chose to keep Jrue or more likely move him and also target young players or picks. If Zion is as good as advertised they are set up perfectly right now to rebuild this team around him correctly (a luxury AD never received).