PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NBA Draft

Pages : [1] 2

Scoots
05-18-2019, 09:11 PM
June 20th is the NBA draft, time for a thread for the draft ... not every team can draft Zion.

Celtics have 3 first round picks and another in the 2nd. 76ers have 1 1st and 4 2nd round picks. They are going to look to move the picks for players or future picks. And the same two teams have top free agents that may be moving on. The draft may give us some info on how their FA talks have been going.

NYKnickFanatic
05-18-2019, 09:35 PM
Curious to where people think Cam Reddish will get drafted. If the Suns are looking to trade Jackson, do you think they take a shot on Cam? What about the Hawks? If the Wizards are looking to trade Beal, perhaps they take Cam? Food for thought. As someone who didn't get the attention at Duke, playing behind Zion and RJ, it could be interesting. He could be a sleeper.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 09:53 PM
Reddish is about 8-15 range for me..

Tg11
05-18-2019, 10:40 PM
If R.J. Barrett slips to #4 could you imagine RJ Barrett to the Lakers? R.J. Barrett goes to the Knicks and the Knicks would have to be real idiots to not draft him

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 10:59 PM
Lol they probably will pass tbh....

Scoots
05-18-2019, 11:17 PM
I think there will be a LOT of talk about trades before draft day and 99% of them won't happen.

corky831
05-19-2019, 09:29 PM
This draft seems pretty weak besides the top 3.

Scoots
05-19-2019, 11:09 PM

Yeah. Still teams are going to draft players, and just after the playoffs end too.

angelsfan1984
05-20-2019, 05:52 PM

That's a pretty lazy comment. How often have superstar talents dropped below the projected "x player draft" motto?

Khouji123
05-22-2019, 08:30 PM
I'm an NBA enthusiast and a dog trainer, I'm using this small dog training collars (https://www.petstreetmall.com/DogTrainingCollars.aspx) to train my chihuahua to correct bad habits such as barking, digging, and chewing, a Training Collar can transform a misbehave dog into a well obedient dog. I hope Zion to be the next Kobe. :)

WaDe03
05-23-2019, 10:50 AM

I want Miami to take Porter Jr if they keep the pick. Nba ready and elite scoring ability. Lefty with a quick release who can shoot the **** out of it. Doesnít miss a shot in the video.

redsox12
05-23-2019, 11:03 AM
As a UVA fan, I'm excited to see where DeAndre Hunter winds up as he has been overlooked a lot by the "experts", also to see if Ty Jerome sticks in the first round, and if Kyle Guy gets drafted. I'm interested to see where the ACC players end up, as I watch ACC the most. Of course the drama of trades especially if Davis goes to the Knicks or Lakers, and hopefully my Celtics stay far away.

Scoots
05-23-2019, 11:51 AM

I want Miami to take Porter Jr if they keep the pick. Nba ready and elite scoring ability. Lefty with a quick release who can shoot the **** out of it. Doesnít miss a shot in the video.

The issue was never his game ... it's what's between his ears. Some players like him turn out great, others never stabilize. All it takes is one team to fall in love though.

Scoots
05-23-2019, 11:52 AM
As a UVA fan, I'm excited to see where DeAndre Hunter winds up as he has been overlooked a lot by the "experts", also to see if Ty Jerome sticks in the first round, and if Kyle Guy gets drafted. I'm interested to see where the ACC players end up, as I watch ACC the most. Of course the drama of trades especially if Davis goes to the Knicks or Lakers, and hopefully my Celtics stay far away.

I think Hunter has a reasonable shot to be top 10 and Jerome is drafted in the last third of the first.

WaDe03
05-23-2019, 12:00 PM
The issue was never his game ... it's what's between his ears. Some players like him turn out great, others never stabilize. All it takes is one team to fall in love though.

Yep, I definitely think itís worth the gamble though at 13.

SiteWolf
05-24-2019, 01:29 PM
2 of the more interesting players I wonder where they'll get drafted are Bol Bol and Tacko Fall.....both could be far better than where they get drafted, and both could be worthless picks in the end.....Bol obviously the least likely of the 2 to fail completely....but also likely to get drafted noticeably higher

WaDe03
05-24-2019, 02:34 PM

warfelg
05-24-2019, 04:24 PM
Rui Hachmura is my man crush this draft.

mike_noodles
05-26-2019, 12:35 PM
Sounds like the Knicks are leaning towards ****ing up their future again. God I hope they come to their senses. I mean it could all work out, but leaning towards Jarrett Culver with the pick? Trade it ffs then.

tp13baby
05-27-2019, 03:50 PM
Sounds like the Knicks are leaning towards ****ing up their future again. God I hope they come to their senses. I mean it could all work out, but leaning towards Jarrett Culver with the pick? Trade it ffs then.

Culver is 4th on my board. Better 2 way player than RJ. I think it would be a mistake but itís not crazy imo.

mike_noodles
05-28-2019, 08:32 AM
Culver is 4th on my board. Better 2 way player than RJ. I think it would be a mistake but itís not crazy imo.

I mean maybe, but wouldn't it be such a Knicks thing to do to go off the board and then RJ actually become the best player from the draft?

ChongInc.
05-29-2019, 02:37 PM
I mean maybe, but wouldn't it be such a Knicks thing to do to go off the board and then RJ actually become the best player from the draft?

That's my prediction. Rj will be the best of the bunch by careers end.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-29-2019, 03:21 PM
No he won't JA will be easily. RJ is a disaster waiting to happen. Hes soo overhyped

Scoots
05-29-2019, 04:11 PM
I don't know how anyone is certain of the future of any draft prospect. Anything can happen.

mike_noodles
05-29-2019, 05:52 PM
That's my prediction. Rj will be the best of the bunch by careers end.

I'm with you, but I also thought Wiggins was the next coming. I get too wrapped up in rooting for the Canadian kids probably. But I knew Bennett was a mistake right from the get go.

No he won't JA will be easily. RJ is a disaster waiting to happen. Hes soo overhyped

I have JA #2 behind RJ, but see above, lol.

WaDe03
05-29-2019, 10:06 PM
Zion will easily be the best, heís generational.

WaDe03
05-29-2019, 10:06 PM
Miamiís looking to move up in the draft packaging their pick with a young player.

WaDe03
05-29-2019, 10:11 PM
Wade and LeBrons sons will play together next season in high school.

Scoots
05-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Wade and LeBrons sons will play together next season in high school.

Sources say like father like son, Wade's son isn't as good as Bron's.

WaDe03
05-29-2019, 10:59 PM

Wades is actually better right now but a little older I believe.

ewing
05-29-2019, 11:40 PM

Source says LeBronís agent paid you to post this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
05-30-2019, 01:28 AM
Cam Reddish and Bol Bol are getting underrated.

Bol Bol is a better shooting Unicorn. A 7í2 deadly shooter. The injury is why heís dropping but Celtics can use a 7í2 perimeter player.

Cam Reddish is being extremely underrated. He checks a lot of boxes. Defender, spot up shooter and Iso(creates own shot). He just played a whole season off the ball and still found away to stand out. Cam was the first to commit to Duke. Barrett and Zion joined after to play with Cam.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 01:42 AM

what makes him a generational talent exactly? This is such a lazy and awful take and we use it every single year... Everyone had Ben simmons as a generational talent as well... andrew wiggings was suppose to be an incredible talent... the list can go on really. Zion wont be able to bully people in the NBA and his shot has major issues... He could be the next GOAT but both logic and numbers laugh at that notion.

More-Than-Most
05-30-2019, 01:43 AM
cant wait though... the day this draft ends we will already be talking about how insanely deep the next draft is and how this guy is the next generational talent lmfao

WaDe03
05-30-2019, 07:28 AM
what makes him a generational talent exactly? This is such a lazy and awful take and we use it every single year... Everyone had Ben simmons as a generational talent as well... andrew wiggings was suppose to be an incredible talent... the list can go on really. Zion wont be able to bully people in the NBA and his shot has major issues... He could be the next GOAT but both logic and numbers laugh at that notion.

No, heís generational as in weíve literally never seen anything like him before. Heís that big of a freak.

Scoots
05-30-2019, 11:49 AM
cant wait though... the day this draft ends we will already be talking about how insanely deep the next draft is and how this guy is the next generational talent lmfao

Always true ... but I suspect we'll be talking more about the 10 days to free agency.

crewfan13
05-30-2019, 01:18 PM
Cam Reddish and Bol Bol are getting underrated.

Bol Bol is a better shooting Unicorn. A 7í2 deadly shooter. The injury is why heís dropping but Celtics can use a 7í2 perimeter player.

Cam Reddish is being extremely underrated. He checks a lot of boxes. Defender, spot up shooter and Iso(creates own shot). He just played a whole season off the ball and still found away to stand out. Cam was the first to commit to Duke. Barrett and Zion joined after to play with Cam.

I disagree on cam. Dude shot 35% from the field in the season. I get he was in a bit of an awkward position and wasn't playing an ideal role per se, but that's a truly bad shooting performance.

If he was just a normal 4 star recruit who was like the number 78 kid in his recruiting class and had that type of season, I have a feeling we wouldn't even really be talking about him.

WaDe03
05-30-2019, 01:42 PM

Young players are coming in and killing from the jump. Recent drafts have lived up to the hype but Zion is the best prospect since AD/LeBron.

ChongInc.
05-30-2019, 04:08 PM
I'm with you, but I also thought Wiggins was the next coming. I get too wrapped up in rooting for the Canadian kids probably. But I knew Bennett was a mistake right from the get go.

I have JA #2 behind RJ, but see above, lol.

What I saw from Wiggins didn't compare to what I've seen from barret. I think Barrett will be the new wade. I think Zion will be a defensively-exposable Griffin. I think ja will be incredible. He's right there with Barrett for me, Barrett getting the nod because he's Canadian.

ChongInc.
05-30-2019, 04:11 PM

He has a lot of work to do, but developing a 3 would improve his projection significantly imo. He could blow by guys if he can sink that corner 3. If not then he becomes very dependable. Regardless he will be exposed on d down low.

ChongInc.
05-30-2019, 04:15 PM
Young players are coming in and killing from the jump. Recent drafts have lived up to the hype but Zion is the best prospect since AD/LeBron.

But he's sort of the opposite of AD. AD had guard skills and length. Zion has big man skills but the frame of a guard. That usually doesn't work in the NBA. You want to be talking about how a guy is going to improve as they fill out, not worrying about how his frame will hold up under the weight and a busy NBA schedule.

Very intriguing to see how he pans out.

WaDe03
05-30-2019, 04:35 PM
But he's sort of the opposite of AD. AD had guard skills and length. Zion has big man skills but the frame of a guard. That usually doesn't work in the NBA. You want to be talking about how a guy is going to improve as they fill out, not worrying about how his frame will hold up under the weight and a busy NBA schedule.

Very intriguing to see how he pans out.

He has guard handles and passing with a decent jumper that will only improve. Heís going to be faster and stronger than almost everyone from the jump too.

Heediot
05-31-2019, 06:09 AM
What I saw from Wiggins didn't compare to what I've seen from barret. I think Barrett will be the new wade. I think Zion will be a defensively-exposable Griffin. I think ja will be incredible. He's right there with Barrett for me, Barrett getting the nod because he's Canadian.

Zion can play D. He has the motor effort, and his ability to leap with those long arms have defenders weary. He has solid defensive instincts too.

WaDe03
05-31-2019, 09:34 AM
Zion can play D. He has the motor effort, and his ability to leap with those long arms have defenders weary. He has solid defensive instincts too.

And heís strong as ****. Itís obvious who has and hasnít really watched him.

Barrett wonít be Wade and Canadian players usually fade when they get in the league.

Heediot
05-31-2019, 09:55 AM
And heís strong as ****. Itís obvious who has and hasnít really watched him.

Barrett wonít be Wade and Canadian players usually fade when they get in the league.

RJ is like Murray, these guys want the big moment/shots and play with passion. I think he'll be fine. Wiggins and Bennett lack heart and grit.

warfelg
05-31-2019, 12:34 PM
Zion signed with a pair of agents. So there goes ESPNís ďZion will go back to school and screw the PelicansĒ story they were trying to push.

WaDe03
05-31-2019, 01:04 PM
Knicks thinking about trading the 3rd pick to the hawks for 8 and 10.

IKnowHoops
06-01-2019, 01:41 AM

Huh?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IKnowHoops
06-01-2019, 01:42 AM

This easily

IKnowHoops
06-01-2019, 01:46 AM

Seriously? Come on man, if you are comparing Ben Simmons and Wiggins athletically to Zion, then you have a very bad eye for assessing physical ability

IKnowHoops
06-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Zion physically transcends skill. Heís physically Prime Bron....With 30 more pounds...Let that sink in...And you think some 175 pound pg is going to be better?...Stoooooooooooooooop....He is already a man amongst boys in the NBA physically. Heís physically the in between of Shaq and Lebron. Gonna fun watching him dominate.

WaDe03
06-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Zion physically transcends skill. Heís physically Prime Bron....With 30 more pounds...Let that sink in...And you think some 175 pound pg is going to be better?...Stoooooooooooooooop....He is already a man amongst boys in the NBA physically. Heís physically the in between of Shaq and Lebron. Gonna fun watching him dominate.

I donít see why people arenít understanding this. Heís so dominant, coach K just didnít have the nuts to tell RJ to stop gunning and thatís why they never met their true potential as a team.

ewing
06-01-2019, 11:00 AM
He has a lot of work to do, but developing a 3 would improve his projection significantly imo. He could blow by guys if he can sink that corner 3. If not then he becomes very dependable. Regardless he will be exposed on d down low.

He going to be an absolute monster on D. He is the strongest guy and best leaper and he has the lateral quickness to stay in front of guards. He may struggle a little offensively in the half court but Zion will be one of the best defender in the NBA.

More-Than-Most
06-02-2019, 10:02 AM
No, heís generational as in weíve literally never seen anything like him before. Heís that big of a freak.

wtf are you talking about... we have seen his skillset/size before... my god just stick to the D-League

More-Than-Most
06-02-2019, 10:05 AM
He going to be an absolute monster on D. He is the strongest guy and best leaper and he has the lateral quickness to stay in front of guards. He may struggle a little offensively in the half court but Zion will be one of the best defender in the NBA.

you are better then this... i expect it from the other 2... but you come on... i get it though you love zion but this is just hilarious now. Hey Ben simmons has amazing defense look how he is performing lmfao.

warfelg
06-02-2019, 10:24 AM
wtf are you talking about... we have seen his skillset/size before... my god just stick to the D-League

I get the adding in the weight part, because 285 is really heavy. But for someone his height, arm length....he's not all that much more of an athlete. But you add in the weight (I'm convinced that's going to become an issue with him); and it is kinda amazing.

I think at best Zion ends up Barkley like. Maybe Sean Kemp. I do think there is a Michael Beasley like floor for him though.

More-Than-Most
06-02-2019, 10:32 AM
I get the adding in the weight part, because 285 is really heavy. But for someone his height, arm length....he's not all that much more of an athlete. But you add in the weight (I'm convinced that's going to become an issue with him); and it is kinda amazing.

I think at best Zion ends up Barkley like. Maybe Sean Kemp. I do think there is a Michael Beasley like floor for him though.

yea but i dont see the weight as a pro.... its a pro in collage against kids... in the nba its going to be a huge negative when you are playing 4 games a week/travel/practice etc against bigger/stronger dudes daily... he will 100 percent lose 20 plus pounds before year 3 and then what? I am not saying he is going to be a bust because i dont think he will be but i dont think he is gonna be a star let alone a superstar... the draft and how people always overvalue these guys is insane... the best player from this draft will be in the 10-20 range watch.

WaDe03
06-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Who the **** have we seen like him? I know you arenít sitting here trying to disrespect me, we all know your lack of knowledge is laughable.

mike_noodles
06-02-2019, 12:19 PM

I donít disagree with your take. My concern for him is the rigors of the NBA season. After 8 years or so, his knees with all of that weight in that body. I guess Iím saying his career could be short because of his body.

ewing
06-02-2019, 01:18 PM
you are better then this... i expect it from the other 2... but you come on... i get it though you love zion but this is just hilarious now. Hey Ben simmons has amazing defense look how he is performing lmfao.

Youíve been telling how great Ben is since he was drafted up until these playoffs. I told you he is a little soft and needs to learn to shoot from day one. Now Iím telling you Zion will be fantastic on D and in transition from the jump. He half court game will take a little development but
barring injury he will have a hof career

WaDe03
06-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Youíve been telling how great Ben is since he was drafted up until these playoffs. I told you he is a little soft and needs to learn to shoot from day one. Now Iím telling you Zion will be fantastic on D and in transition from the jump. He half court game will take a little development but

Youíre wasting your time, he has no judge of talent and doesnít know the game. Itís literally clear as day that Zion is a freak of nature that weíve never seen to anyone who knows the game even a little. Itís honestly embarrassing the way heís trying to clown people for thinking Zion is special. Then he brings up a very very good young player that heís been dick riding for the last 2 years as a comparison to dog Zion when the 2 donít compare much at all.

More-Than-Most
06-03-2019, 03:45 AM

Me? I have been hard on ben from day 1... I just figured he would make inroads by now PER our coach that said the 2nd half of the season he would focus on shooting... He wasnt horrible in these playoffs like he was against the celtics and his defense was amazing so the talent is there and again he is an all star in his 2nd season.... I didnt care about the shooting because i thought it would come... it didnt... its a problem.

My issues with ben arent just with ben... the minute we became WIN now by trading for butler/harris was the time i ran out of ****s about expecting ben to shoot... winning championships is my end all be all... ben needs to step up or get shipped out.. same with Joel.

More-Than-Most
06-03-2019, 03:46 AM
Youíre wasting your time, he has no judge of talent and doesnít know the game. Itís literally clear as day that Zion is a freak of nature that weíve never seen to anyone who knows the game even a little. Itís honestly embarrassing the way heís trying to clown people for thinking Zion is special. Then he brings up a very very good young player that heís been dick riding for the last 2 years as a comparison to dog Zion when the 2 donít compare much at all.

lol dick riding... do you want to see my posts you sad little man... you speak of people but you pretend you played in the DLeague and you are getting clowned in this thread by about 5 different people because you are trying to put across something as genius that you said that others predicted from day 1 lmfao... adorable.

WaDe03
06-03-2019, 09:52 AM
lol dick riding... do you want to see my posts you sad little man... you speak of people but you pretend you played in the DLeague and you are getting clowned in this thread by about 5 different people because you are trying to put across something as genius that you said that others predicted from day 1 lmfao... adorable.

Iím not getting clowned by anyone. Anyone disagreeing with me is going to look like the clown in 5 years. Itís loterally clear as day, you just canít judge it yet because you donít have the RPM and +\- for his rookie season to look at yet.

Some people just donít know a damn thing but pretend they do and get shown up every time they do. Hate to see it, be better. Done wasting the time responding to your ignorant trolling.

WaDe03
06-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Suns are open to trading number 6 for a veteran PG. pelicans might as well send Jrue so they can bring the Zion RJ Reddish Duke trio together again.

crewfan13
06-03-2019, 01:19 PM
Suns are open to trading number 6 for a veteran PG. pelicans might as well send Jrue so they can bring the Zion RJ Reddish Duke trio together again.

That would be perfect. Bring the team that couldn't beat Michigan state back together to see if they can beat Golden state.

I have no issues with trying to get zion, 3 and 6 but running it back with the Duke trio would actually be hilarious. They already showed they are an awkward fit together, why keep forcing that?

crewfan13
06-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Me? I have been hard on ben from day 1... I just figured he would make inroads by now PER our coach that said the 2nd half of the season he would focus on shooting... He wasnt horrible in these playoffs like he was against the celtics and his defense was amazing so the talent is there and again he is an all star in his 2nd season.... I didnt care about the shooting because i thought it would come... it didnt... its a problem.

My issues with ben arent just with ben... the minute we became WIN now by trading for butler/harris was the time i ran out of ****s about expecting ben to shoot... winning championships is my end all be all... ben needs to step up or get shipped out.. same with Joel.

My thing with Simmons is that his shot is just so gross. It's not that he isn't a good shooter, it's that his shot is just ugly. With zion that isn't quite the case. His shot is far from perfect, but it's not near as broken as Simmons is.

Zions shot can turn into okay with some tweaks and alot of reps. I'm sure sures Ben's cna be fixed that way. I think he needs almost an entire overhaul, and then he gets to the tweaks and alot of reps stage. That all takes time.

WaDe03
06-03-2019, 04:51 PM
That would be perfect. Bring the team that couldn't beat Michigan state back together to see if they can beat Golden state.

I have no issues with trying to get zion, 3 and 6 but running it back with the Duke trio would actually be hilarious. They already showed they are an awkward fit together, why keep forcing that?

Haha partially joking. I do think they should get Zion and RJ though at 3 like it has been discussed. Nbas a different game and style though, could workout better. They need to hope Culver falls or something.

cxres
06-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Hard to pin point who will end up going 4 - 5 - 6 but suns should try to get coby/garland. Could be alot of sleepers in this draft..

Scoots
06-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Jalen Hands was measured as having the smallest hands at the combine.

ChongInc.
06-04-2019, 02:10 PM
If they were the same age with their current skills, I think I would take siakam over Zion.

Give me skills, quickness and length.

Zion will be charged with a lot of offensive fouls imo.

WaDe03
06-04-2019, 03:56 PM
If they were the same age with their current skills, I think I would take siakam over Zion.

Give me skills, quickness and length.

Zion will be charged with a lot of offensive fouls imo.

😂😂😂

TheDish87
06-05-2019, 12:47 PM
love Zion and hes going to great but hes not a generational talent. generational athlete, yea for sure.

WaDe03
06-05-2019, 01:17 PM
love Zion and hes going to great but hes not a generational talent. generational athlete, yea for sure.

Weíve never seen anything like him before. Heís generational and destined to be top 5 in the league fast.

TheDish87
06-05-2019, 01:50 PM
notice you left off the talent part after generational? he doesnt have generational basketball skills. he does elite skills though for the most part. just bcuz we dont see a lot of 280lb freak athletes doesnt really mean much.

WaDe03
06-05-2019, 07:22 PM
notice you left off the talent part after generational? he doesnt have generational basketball skills. he does elite skills though for the most part. just bcuz we dont see a lot of 280lb freak athletes doesnt really mean much.

Well have to wait and see, idk why people continue to doubt the kid. Heís far and away the first pick in the draft in a draft with 2 other superstars in the making behind him (RJ to a lesser extent). Thatís saying a lot.

ewing
06-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Well have to wait and see, idk why people continue to doubt the kid. Heís far and away the first pick in the draft in a draft with 2 other superstars in the making behind him (RJ to a lesser extent). Thatís saying a lot.

People want to be smarter then the pack

WaDe03
06-05-2019, 07:27 PM
People want to be smarter then the pack

Yea itís a whole lot of that on here

TheDish87
06-06-2019, 09:09 AM

i agree he has star written all over him and i know hes a hard worker. he was regarded as mostly a dunker coming into Duke and no one really knew much else about his game, i love what he displayed and think AD should give NO a shot and play with him. i just dont think he has generational basketball skills, like i said hes got elite game but id stop there.

ChongInc.
06-06-2019, 09:10 PM
😂😂😂

Elaborate.

Siakam is doing things that zion's body will never allow him to do. I wouldn't want siakam to be 280lbs because he's quicker than anyone he matches up with.
Also siakam has only been playing basketball for 7 years now.

I don't think zion will be able to bully guys inside in the NBA, so once you take that away I don't see anything zion does that siakam can't, but I do see siakam doing things that zion will never be able to physically.

So if they were the same age, I would prefer siakam.

Explain why you think I'm wrong.

ohreally
06-06-2019, 10:50 PM
Elaborate.

Siakam is doing things that zion's body will never allow him to do. I wouldn't want siakam to be 280lbs because he's quicker than anyone he matches up with.

I don't think zion will be able to bully guys inside in the NBA, so once you take that away I don't see anything zion does that siakam can't, but I do see siakam doing things that zion will never be able to physically.

Zion is an unknown as to how he will play in the NBA, but a magical year from Siakam playing beside Kawhi may not translate to a Siakam without Kawhi. Siakam is good, but take Kawhi out of the picture and there are unknowns there as well.

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Elaborate.

What can Siakim physically do that Zion can. You already said Zion will struggle defensively so you obviously havenít watched him much so idk why Iím even replying.

TheDish87
06-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Elaborate.

how are you gonna compare one player who has had 3 years of NBA training and development to someone yet to enter the league? you wouldnt be saying this if they were in the same draft class.

Pittz
06-07-2019, 09:53 AM
What can Siakim physically do that Zion can. You already said Zion will struggle defensively so you obviously havenít watched him much so idk why Iím even replying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQrmBoakb8

Let me know when Zion can beat someone off the dribble like Siakam does at 1:40.

TheDish87
06-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Let me know when Zion can beat someone off the dribble like Siakam does at 1:40.

come back in 3 years...

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 10:31 AM

Couple dribble moves and a layup? Yea you havenít watched Zion.

ewing
06-07-2019, 10:39 AM

now, yesterday, tomorrow...

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 11:12 AM
now, yesterday, tomorrow...

If they havenít watched just be open about it or donít comment. If they hate him because of the hype he gets be open about it, but donít be ****ing blind to whatís sitting right in front of your face. I canít stand it when a player has haters and they just completely ignore the facts for their agenda.

ewing
06-07-2019, 11:23 AM
If they havenít watched just be open about it or donít comment. If they hate him because of the hype he gets be open about it, but donít be ****ing blind to whatís sitting right in front of your face. I canít stand it when a player has haters and they just completely ignore the facts for their agenda.

Zion has a nice handle. Siakam has great post foot work which is probably more advanced then Zions right now but the dude is a beast.

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Zion has a nice handle. Siakam has great post foot work which is probably more advanced then Zions right now but the dude is a beast.

Yea and like thedish is saying obviously itíll develop in the league after a couple years. Zionís a very underrated passer too, I watched him make some crazy passes last year.

crewfan13
06-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Elaborate.

But you can't have it both ways. Zion is incredibly strong and pretty quick. You can't say he's not going to be able to be stronger and bully guys but also that he isn't going to be quick because he weighs too much. It's not like he's just a fat, trash athlete.

Giannis weighs 240 and he bullies his way to the hoop and is 30-45 lbs lighter than zip. LeBron has always muscled his way to the hoop and is 15-20 lbs lighter. You don't think zion is going to be able to muscle guys?

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Zion literally weighs 285 at like 19 and is straight solid. Heís going to bully guys and be one of the strongest from the jump. Everyone wants to say heís Larry Johnson or Shane kemp, yea give those guys an extra 45 pounds of solid muscle and probably dick and increase their speed and leaping abilities passing etc. and then get back to me.

ewing
06-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Yea and like thedish is saying obviously itíll develop in the league after a couple years. Zionís a very underrated passer too, I watched him make some crazy passes last year.

He won't be a great scorer early on. I could see him getting 16 and 10 with 2 steals and 2 blocks a game efficiently though. He will lead a fast break as well or better then anyone in the league, he will be an impact defender, he will make the smart play, and be a fantastic finisher from the jump- that nothing to sneeze at. He will also get better and better

WaDe03
06-07-2019, 01:19 PM
He won't be a great scorer early on. I could see him getting 16 and 10 with 2 steals and 2 blocks a game efficiently though. He will lead a fast break as well or better then anyone in the league, he will be an impact defender, he will make the smart play, and be a fantastic finisher from the jump- that nothing to sneeze at. He will also get better and better

Yea I canít wait to see how he turns out, love seeing new generational players come into the league. Him and Giannis are coming up while LeBron is slowly working his way out.

ChongInc.
06-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Giannis wouldn't be able to bully his way to the net if he was 6'6".

LeBron either, and what makes LeBron so impactfull is his skill.

Siakam has only been playing basketball for almost 10 years less than zion, and already has several times the skill imo.
The comp I made was if they were the same age, coming into league with their current skills - I think siakam would be drafted ahead of zion.

I'm not rooting against zion. I am a basketball fan and I would love to see another generational talent tear up the league.
I just have my reservations about how his game will translate. We have seen guys like ja and Barrett pan out so it's easy to see them working out.

warfelg
06-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Tobis Harris has been reposting a lot of stuff about his time with Philly. Makes me think that he's really interested in coming back.

mike_noodles
06-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Chong with the hot takes man, get this guy his own radio show.

WaDe03
06-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Giannis wouldn't be able to bully his way to the net if he was 6'6".

LeBron either, and what makes LeBron so impactfull is his skill.

Siakam has only been playing basketball for almost 10 years less than zion, and already has several times the skill imo.
The comp I made was if they were the same age, coming into league with their current skills - I think siakam would be drafted ahead of zion.

I'm not rooting against zion. I am a basketball fan and I would love to see another generational talent tear up the league.
I just have my reservations about how his game will translate. We have seen guys like ja and Barrett pan out so it's easy to see them working out.

Lmao so if LeBron lost an inch or 2 he wouldnít bully players? Come on now. Zion will bully players because heís going to have 30 pounds on nearly everyone who guards him and heís solid muscle and fast as ****. You donít know how this works but Iím telling you he will be bullying players from the start. You can bully in different ways Zion has 50 pounds on Giannis.

mike_noodles
06-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Lmao so if LeBron lost an inch or 2 he wouldnít bully players? Come on now. Zion will bully players because heís going to have 30 pounds on nearly everyone who guards him and heís solid muscle and fast as ****. You donít know how this works but Iím telling you he will be bullying players from the start. You can bully in different ways Zion has 50 pounds on Giannis.

But surely you understand the point right?

sharqstealth
06-10-2019, 03:03 AM

Lol. So you were already impressed with that move?? Of course on the defensive side it was a statue (Jerebko) who was guarding him. I bet he won't get past the paint if Durant was the one guarding him. Anyone can easily see his handles are clumsy. You must haven't seen Zion go coast to caost? Its all over espn highlights.

jphysics
06-10-2019, 07:45 PM

I guess I could see this being true? Siakam has 3 years of NBA experience playing against grown men. He's been to the playoffs 3 times, is well-coached, and really took another step forward this year. If a 19 year old came in with the skills and decision-making he has developed, it would be extremely impressive.

You mentioned Zion has almost 10 years more experience. Siakam has been playing basketball for about 9 years, and Zion is 19. So are we talking about Zion's experience from age 0-10? I think Siakam's extra NBA and college experience probably trump Zion's toddler league experience.

At 25, Siakam is an excellent young player just entering his prime. He has already proven himself and certainly has a higher floor than Zion right now. But Zion is a freak of nature unlike anything we have ever seen.

The only way you can make a compelling argument for drafting Siakam over Zion is if you start playing make-believe. If Siakam magically had the skills and knowledge of an NBA veteran after 1 year of college at age 19, then yes, he would also be a freakishly enticing prospect.

Scoots
06-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Just FYI, there are players not named Zion in the draft too.

ChongInc.
06-13-2019, 02:27 PM

Not what I said.

If LeBron lost 3 inches and had zion's skill level... then no he wouldn't be able to bully anybody. Add 30 lbs to go with those changes and he wouldn't have been so healthy in his career.

ChongInc.
06-13-2019, 02:38 PM
I guess I could see this being true? Siakam has 3 years of NBA experience playing against grown men. He's been to the playoffs 3 times, is well-coached, and really took another step forward this year. If a 19 year old came in with the skills and decision-making he has developed, it would be extremely impressive.

You mentioned Zion has almost 10 years more experience. Siakam has been playing basketball for about 9 years, and Zion is 19. So are we talking about Zion's experience from age 0-10? I think Siakam's extra NBA and college experience probably trump Zion's toddler league experience.

At 25, Siakam is an excellent young player just entering his prime. He has already proven himself and certainly has a higher floor than Zion right now. But Zion is a freak of nature unlike anything we have ever seen.

The only way you can make a compelling argument for drafting Siakam over Zion is if you start playing make-believe. If Siakam magically had the skills and knowledge of an NBA veteran after 1 year of college at age 19, then yes, he would also be a freakishly enticing prospect.

Good points.

Siakam technically had 7 years of bbl experience when he started owning. I don't think it's a stretch to say zion started playing bbl when he was 4.

Im definitely playing make believe here. Obviously.

The point I'm making is give me talent and skill over a "generational body" lol.

You guys know there is such a thing as offensive 3 in the key now right? Can't barkly bully anymore.

jphysics
06-13-2019, 05:55 PM
You need both talent/skill and an NBA body, but I agree that freakish talent/skill is more important than freakish body/athleticism. But for a rookie you can measure their peak body/athleticism a lot better than you can project their peak skill.

Zion still has a lot to prove, no doubt. Shooting is something he will need to work on. And it's hard to project longevity for him. Can someone with his body type avoid injuries? A 300lb man constantly jumping ridiculously high doesn't seem like a good recipe for his feet, ankles, or knees. And as he ages and/or gets injured and loses his athleticism, how good will he be?

TheDish87
06-14-2019, 12:17 PM
Good points.

Siakam technically had 7 years of bbl experience when he started owning. I don't think it's a stretch to say zion started playing bbl when he was 4.

Im definitely playing make believe here. Obviously.

The point I'm making is give me talent and skill over a "generational body" lol.

You guys know there is such a thing as offensive 3 in the key now right? Can't barkly bully anymore.

Siakim didnt have all of this skill you keep going on about, this came from NBA training and development, he couldn't do these things you keep talking about 3-4 years ago. Something Zion has not had the privilege of yet.

SenileStern
06-16-2019, 06:41 AM

mgomrjsurf
06-16-2019, 03:10 PM
New Orleans gets Wiggins,Orlando the 4pm Pick and Minnesota gets Orlando's Pick and other Picks to maybe.

ChongInc.
06-16-2019, 03:53 PM
Siakim didnt have all of this skill you keep going on about, this came from NBA training and development, he couldn't do these things you keep talking about 3-4 years ago. Something Zion has not had the privilege of yet.

Never said otherwise. The questions still remains valid. Everyone too afraid of the comp lol.

TheDish87
06-17-2019, 12:22 PM
no one is afraid f anything. youre making a weird argument trying to say player x cant do something player y can do even though player y couldnt do it at the same stage of his career.

ChongInc.
06-17-2019, 02:40 PM
no one is afraid f anything. youre making a weird argument trying to say player x cant do something player y can do even though player y couldnt do it at the same stage of his career.

The point is a prototypical player with talent should be rated higher than a less talented player with a "generational body".

More-Than-Most
06-18-2019, 12:44 AM
i hope the sixers let brett brown draft again... not even kidding

crewfan13
06-18-2019, 11:52 AM
The point is a prototypical player with talent should be rated higher than a less talented player with a "generational body".

I seriously doubt you've ever watched zion play if you don't think he has talent. He isn't a great shooter but his shot isn't completely broken. Blake griffin came into the league in a very similar place as a shooter. No reason to think zion can't get to a guy who shoots 70-75% from the line and 33-35% from 3. While those arent elite numbers, they are more than playable. He's already pretty good with the ball and in open court. He's explosive and fairly long, which should make him a plus defender.

Bostonjorge
06-18-2019, 12:23 PM
Celtics should draft Bol Bol.

warfelg
06-18-2019, 12:29 PM

Knicks can't be this dumb can they?

Eagles4Lyfe
06-18-2019, 03:22 PM
Good, I hope they do take that risk. Rj is not worth it and I hope they realize that. Reunite RJ with Zion

mgomrjsurf
06-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Their will be lots of Trades so lots of WOJ Bombs breaking in on Draft. We just need the Draft different site each year,former Player of Team come announce the pick or even team,GM'S on the Floor talking Trades,NBATV or TNT also showing Draft live on TV.

SauceLife127
06-19-2019, 02:14 PM
ONE MORE DAY until RJ Barrett is a Knick!!! I would bet on it if the odds weren't so heavy. The amount of props on the NBA draft is insanity https://www.bonusseeker.com/news/new-jersey-sports-betting-sites/nba-draft-prop-bets-odds-2019

Scoots
06-19-2019, 07:01 PM

Knicks can't be this dumb can they?

Why are you talking about the draft in the Siakam thread?

On-topic ... there is a lot of turmoil as usual from 3-7. Seems like that most years.

hugepatsfan
06-19-2019, 07:54 PM
Apparently there are teams "near the top of the draft" that are interested in Jaylen Brown's availability.

If Brown were in this draft coming out he'd probably be in the discussion for the #4 pick I'd say. So let's compare him to this prospects... Unlike those guys he's already established an NBA floor as a good player. He's shown flashes of fringe all star potential in the NBA playoffs. The downside he has is that instead of just entering a cheap rookie deal he has one year before RFA. The other downside is that while he might have shown fringe all star potential at times he hasn't shown franchise player potential. With the unproven rookies there's at least the tiny glimmer of hope that you strike that magic gold mine.

A lot of the teams picking near the top of the draft have open books so that minimizes the contract issue. I think in the mid lottery the value might lineup though. For BOS, if there's a guy we like it could add a lot of flexibility down the line to push back a contract extension. I could see the makings of a deal there.

SiteWolf
06-20-2019, 08:36 AM
Are the Pelicans trying to muck up their haul from the trade by trying to trade up for Barrett....when he may be there at 4 for them anyway?

TheDish87
06-20-2019, 09:06 AM
Pels should package 4 in a deal for Beal if thats possible for stay put and grab Culver. I think he is a great fit alongside Jrue and Zion.

Heediot
06-20-2019, 09:23 AM
Pels should package 4 in a deal for Beal if thats possible for stay put and grab Culver. I think he is a great fit alongside Jrue and Zion.

I prefer Hunter, he is more of a glue guy. Ingram and Culver, play the same game on the wing.

If you can get Beal for the 4th and filler. You Do it.

As currently constructed without Beal. I think they are better vs. last year with Davis, that's just me.

Scoots
06-20-2019, 09:43 AM
The draft tiers are:
1 Zion
2 Ja

3-8 Some order of Barrett, Culver, Hunter, Garland, White, Reddish
9-16 The next group is about this size and the predictions are all over the place

A lot of mid-level talent in this draft. The sorts of players that are good starters but not as likely to be stars.

I'm excited for the draft as always.

Heediot
06-20-2019, 09:46 AM
I want the Raps or Nuggets to take a chance on Johntay porter.

Hopefully Raps can buy a 2nd round pick.

I'd take a flyer on Bol Bol too if i was someone. Boom or bust, but well worth the risk if he pans out.

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 09:50 AM
I want the Raps or Nuggets to take a chance on Johntay porter.

Hopefully Raps can buy a 2nd round pick.

I'd take a flyer on Bol Bol too if i was someone. Boom or bust, but well worth the risk if he pans out.

If Miami keeps 13, which I donít think they will I wouldnít mind them taking Bol based on potential. Swing for the fences

Scoots
06-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Warriors trade 2024 2nd and $1.3M for Hawks 41.

TheDish87
06-20-2019, 10:56 AM
I prefer Hunter, he is more of a glue guy. Ingram and Culver, play the same game on the wing.

If you can get Beal for the 4th and filler. You Do it.

As currently constructed without Beal. I think they are better vs. last year with Davis, that's just me.

true. cant go wrong with Hunter or Culver but i get your point about preferring Hunter. Im not sure what Ingrams timeline to return is and nerve damage can be tricky but overall i just loved Culver all season and like to go with BPA.

crewfan13
06-20-2019, 11:55 AM
true. cant go wrong with Hunter or Culver but i get your point about preferring Hunter. Im not sure what Ingrams timeline to return is and nerve damage can be tricky but overall i just loved Culver all season and like to go with BPA.

I like Culver better too. I just think he has a higher ceiling. I can see a path where Culver becomes a borderline all star. I don't see that with Hunter. I think hell he a good nba player, but I think his ceiling is sort of limited. Not sure I can draft that with the 4th pick.

WaDe03
06-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Warriors trade 2024 2nd and $1.3M for Hawks 41.

Yíall will be getting Waiters from us for Livingston and one of your picks, hopefully 28.

SiteWolf
06-20-2019, 01:22 PM
I'm sure it's been talked about here, but not seeing it recent............

so where does Bol Bol end up?

TheDish87
06-20-2019, 01:25 PM
I like Culver better too. I just think he has a higher ceiling. I can see a path where Culver becomes a borderline all star. I don't see that with Hunter. I think hell he a good nba player, but I think his ceiling is sort of limited. Not sure I can draft that with the 4th pick.

Hunter is more of a fit type pick i think while Culver has all star potential.

TheDish87
06-20-2019, 01:26 PM

Wizards

Bostonjorge
06-20-2019, 01:31 PM

No way he drops past pick #20. The foot injury hurt his stock but someone will take the risk on the unicorn.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 02:00 PM
I'm excited for this draft, this seems like the most exciting draft in recent memory. More personal for me, is where Hunter, Jerome, and Guy end up.

bucketss
06-20-2019, 02:06 PM
who do yall want your team to draft?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 02:12 PM

14. PJ Washington
20. Ty Jerome
22. Bruno Fernando
51. Kyle Guy

Oakmont_4
06-20-2019, 03:22 PM
All the Kentucky players

Saddletramp
06-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Rumblings about #4 for Capela and then #4 being shipped out for Butler (with I assume multiple more picks and Gordon plus Tucker for price matching). Capela + Gordon + Tucker = $39 million and they are $16 over the cap now.....

Before I go any further, I just donít see how Butler can become a Rocket with CP3 still here and I donít think he (Paul) will be dealt. Also, I donít think Capela, Gordon and Tucker is worth Jimmy Butler, especially when the rest of the roster will be scrubs and over the hill ring chasers. I donít even think they keep that mid level exception if they get Butler.

bucketss
06-20-2019, 06:16 PM
4# to the hawks, interesting, who takes garland now hawks want hunter

bucketss
06-20-2019, 06:19 PM
11 and saric to phoenix for no. 6

redsox12
06-20-2019, 06:41 PM
I have to respect the ATL for trading up for my homie Hunter.

He should be starting off the bat for the Hawks too.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 06:54 PM
The Phoenix trade is also looking good, as I said in its own thread IND got a steal with landing the underrated TJ Warren.

IND

SG Oladipo
PG ?
SF Warren
PF Leaf
C Turner

Suns

SG Bridges
PG Booker
SF Jackson
PF Saric
C Ayton

Those are not bad lineups.

Minnesota has to be targeting Colby White, reports are CLE is targeting Garland at 5.

ChongInc.
06-20-2019, 07:03 PM
The Phoenix trade is also looking good, as I said in its own thread IND got a steal with landing the underrated TJ Warren.

IND

SG Oladipo
PG ?
SF Warren
PF Leaf
C Turner

Suns

SG Bridges
PG Booker
SF Jackson
PF Saric
C Ayton

Those are not bad lineups.

Minnesota has to be targeting Cody White, reports are CLE is targeting Garland at 5.

I don't understand the Phoenix trade. They should be drafting one of the highly rated PG's. Can they still do that at 11?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:06 PM
I don't understand the Phoenix trade. They should be drafting one of the highly rated PG's. Can they still do that at 11?

I believe I just heard on ESPN from Woj, that Phoenix will be targeting Ricky Rubio in free agency.

cxres
06-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Just hope the Knicks draft Rj. Good luck everyone. Romeo falling to OKC [emoji847]

cxres
06-20-2019, 07:15 PM
11th pick - Cam Reddish

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 07:25 PM

Zion

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 07:29 PM
We got rid of Soloman Hill's contract and picked up another first in this draft, while swapping firsts 4 spots apart.

I LOVE it

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Bobby Marks reported Malcolm Brogdon is getting a 4 yr 80 mill offer from Chicago Bulls.

AllBall
06-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Thank God Rachel Nichols is not on this broadcast.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:37 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141845006942121984

Lakers/NO/ATL trade will be finalized July 6. No extra max spot for Lakers.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:38 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141852265789235200

Minnesota is trying to trade 6 pick.

AllBall
06-20-2019, 07:39 PM
They should bring David Stern back for 5 minutes every draft so the crowd can boo him for old time's sake, lol

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:43 PM
NO is looking really set now that its finally over.

SG Holliday
PG Ball
SF Ingram
PF Zion
C ?

They have to be really excited.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 07:43 PM
I love this dude already

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 07:44 PM

SG Holliday
PG Ball
SF Ingram
PF Zion
C ?

We have sooo much cap space too.

AllBall
06-20-2019, 07:44 PM
Zion crying in joy, love this kid.

Forever35
06-20-2019, 07:47 PM
All jokes aside, it was great to see him and his mom pouring it out for each other...

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Memphis no surprise there.

SG Bradley
PG Morant
SF Parsons/Anderson/Crowder
PF Jackson Jr.
C ?

Do they resign Jonas?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:53 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141856254949830656

Cleveland is offering 5, if someone takes JR Smith's contract off their hands.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 07:56 PM
Knicks may have most interesting lineup right now.

SG Trier
PG Smith Jr.
SF Knox
PF Barrett
C Robinson

bucketss
06-20-2019, 07:56 PM
damn zion got everyone else crying

j-bay
06-20-2019, 08:03 PM
Its embarrsing the NBA and ESPN had to have the Lakers pick.

bucketss
06-20-2019, 08:05 PM
woj spoiling picks live smh i shut my phone off to avoid this

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:05 PM
ATL has a tremendous core.

SG Huerter
PG Young
SF Hunter
PF Collins
C Len

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:07 PM
Cavs getting those guards

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2019, 08:08 PM
Its embarrsing the NBA and ESPN had to have the Lakers pick.

I donít get that either. The trade has been agreed to and will go through. Why not announce it as the team that the kid is actually gonna play for.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:10 PM
Cavs getting those guards

I'm not sure who plays the point between Garland and Sexton

SG Sexton
PG Garland
SF Osman
PF Love
C Thompson

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:11 PM
I donít get that either. The trade has been agreed to and will go through. Why not announce it as the team that the kid is actually gonna play for.

Im glad I'm not the only one bothered by this too.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:11 PM

Word its stupid

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:13 PM
T-Wolves is desperately trying to trade out of 6.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 08:13 PM

SG Holliday
PG Ball
SF Ingram
PF Zion
C ?

I donít understand why they didnít just keep the 4th pick...

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:15 PM

Well they prospects in the 4 range they didnt need after landing Ball and Ingram.

basch152
06-20-2019, 08:15 PM

it feels so useless to move back.

late picks in the NBA are borderline useless. they gained almost nothing for it

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 08:17 PM
it feels so useless to move back.

late picks in the NBA are borderline useless. they gained almost nothing for it

Right ? They coulda just took Hayes .. Smh

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2019, 08:17 PM
Just take White Pax. Donít **** this up.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:18 PM
T-Wolves made the smart move and stayed at 6, Culver is good.

SG Culver
PG Teague
SF Wiggins
PF Covington
C Towns

Thats a nice lineup. Barring Wiggins.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:19 PM

We got a 17th pick, their 8th and we gave them Hill's contract.

After the top 3, the draft really gets noticeably weaker.

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 08:19 PM
We got a 17th pick, their 8th and we gave them Hill's contract.

After the top 3, the draft really gets noticeably weaker.

Yeah but at 4 you get your Center to. Maybe Hayes falls to 8

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:23 PM

No center prospect would have been good value at 4, it would have been a big reach to take say Bol Bol at 4.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:24 PM
Cam Reddish time?

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:25 PM

Meh we can sign Vucevic

basch152
06-20-2019, 08:25 PM
No center prospect would have been good value at 4, it would have been a big reach to take say Bol Bol at 4.

so instead they'll make three picks on players who most likely won't amount to anything, and at least one if not 2 of them never playing in an NBA game.

nonsensical

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:26 PM
so instead they'll make three picks on players who most likely won't amount to anything, and at least one if not 2 of them never playing in an NBA game.

nonsensical

LMAO Raptors won a title with NO lottery drafted players.... tf you smoking?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:29 PM
Colby White is interesting since the rumor is they are going hard on Brogdon.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Theres your center Vinny.

SG Holliday
PG Ball
SF Ingram
PF Zion
C Hayes

basch152
06-20-2019, 08:30 PM
LMAO Raptors won a title with NO lottery drafted players.... tf you smoking?

lol wow.

that means nothing.

look at how many players drafted after 20 every year ever amount to literally anything. ****ing a huge chunk kf them never play in a game.

top 4 picks have a higher success rate of AT LEAST being a low level starter.

just because a few late picks work out once in a while doesn't mean it's smart to just go for late picks. this is such stupid logic its laughable.

pebloemer
06-20-2019, 08:31 PM
:) Got him at 8. Dropped a bad contract and got more picks. Worked out for him.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:33 PM
lol wow.

that means nothing.

look at how many players drafted after 20 every year ever amount to literally anything. ****ing a huge chunk kf them never play in a game.

just because a few late picks work out once in a while doesn't mean it's smart to just go for late picks. this is such stupid logic its laughable.

We got a 17th pick luckily lol

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Dang, I wanted Hachimura.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:34 PM

Him next to Zion is tough as ****.

With Zo and Jrue being amazing defenders, and now these two rookies, its gonna be fun.

basch152
06-20-2019, 08:34 PM
lol wow.

that means nothing.

also almost every champion team in the last 10 years outside of teams led by Kawhi were led by someone drafted at worst 7th overall.

one team was successful ONE TIME and suddenly you're like "see! clearly building teams with no lottery players is the way to go"

/facepalm

smith&wesson
06-20-2019, 08:35 PM

Yeah, worked out nicely for them

basch152
06-20-2019, 08:35 PM
We got a 17th pick luckily lol

so again, the other 2 picks are more than likely to be worthless, so you're trading the ability to pick any player you want even if it's a reach at 4, to picking 17.

how does that make sense?

wishful thinking that the late picks will actually amount to anything?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:37 PM
If Washington keeps Beal.

SG Beal
PG ? (Wall misses year)
SF Brown
PF Rui
C Howard

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 08:39 PM
so again, the other 2 picks are more than likely to be worthless, so you're trading the ability to pick any player you want even if it's a reach at 4, to picking 17.

Because you have a general idea about who other teams are picking because you talked to their agents. So you have a firm idea that you can move back and draft the guy you wanted anyway. So, if they were going to draft Haynes no matter what, they got free assets out of it.

cssdmark
06-20-2019, 08:40 PM
ATL has a tremendous core.

SG Huerter
PG Young
SF Hunter
PF Collins
C Len

And they drafted Reddish more defense and three point shooting. Nice.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:42 PM

You do know we got their 8th pick right?? And you clearly missed the part where we got rid of Hill's contract. Look it up and then come back to me homie

pebloemer
06-20-2019, 08:43 PM
lol wow.

that means nothing.

It's really not though. Golden State created its championship core on Thompson (12), Curry (7) and Draymond (35). Where Durant was drafted is pretty irrelevant considering he was a free agent acquisition.

I mean if players you want with your pick are available later and you can move down and still get them while getting additional chances to find talent later in the draft and dropping salary on the way..... there is actually smart logic there. Every situation is different.

I can tell you there is no chance Raptors win the championship without Siakam who they drafted 27th overall in 2016.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2019, 08:44 PM
Colby White is interesting since the rumor is they are going hard on Brogdon.

Itís been talked about but I doubt theyíre gonna give a slightly above average PG the kind of money heís looking for. Iíd rather we sign Beverly and develop White off the bench.

pebloemer
06-20-2019, 08:45 PM
Him next to Zion is tough as ****.

With Zo and Jrue being amazing defenders, and now these two rookies, its gonna be fun.

I'm excited for NO's young group. Hopefully Ingram comes closer to his potential for you guys.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:46 PM
ATL is looking amazing now.

SG Hunter
PG Young
SF Reddish
PF Collins
C Len

pebloemer
06-20-2019, 08:48 PM
also almost every champion team in the last 10 years outside of teams led by Kawhi were led by someone drafted at worst 7th overall.

one team was successful ONE TIME and suddenly you're like "see! clearly building teams with no lottery players is the way to go"

/facepalm

How many of those players drafted above 7th were drafted by the team they won with?

Miami was carried by a big 3 of free agents. One of whom they drafted Top 5. The MVP was the free agent acquisition.

Durant was MVP past two years as a free agent. Sure Curry was 7th overall, but you were stating "Top 4" in original post. Pelicans moved back to 8th. Talk about cherrypicking details....

What Top pick carried Dallas?

Kawhi with the Spurs was finals MVP in 2014 at 15th pick.

Cleveland didn't win until LeBron CAME BACK as a FA.

If organizations don't build a team that can convince these picks they can "win" once they are free to move around, it doesn't matter how many Top 5 selections you get. Make the best of your situation. I'd argue NO did well in the deal.

Vinny642
06-20-2019, 08:50 PM
I'm excited for NO's young group. Hopefully Ingram comes closer to his potential for you guys.

Yeah Ingram has some games where he goes OFF. But he isnt the most consistent.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:51 PM
Phoenix has shooters

SG Johnson
PG Booker
SF Jackson/Bridges
PF Saric
C Ayton

pebloemer
06-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Phoenix has shooters

SG Johnson
PG Booker
SF Jackson/Bridges
PF Saric
C Ayton

Loading shooters around Ayton. The ORL Dwight Howard strategy?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:58 PM
Loading shooters around Ayton. The ORL Dwight Howard strategy?

Yup

redsox12
06-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Charlotte

SG Monk
PG ? (Kemba)
SF Batum
PF Washington
C Zeller

pebloemer
06-20-2019, 09:03 PM
I don't love this pick for the Heat. Shooting is definitely coming at a premium tonight.

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 09:05 PM
I don't love this pick for the Heat. Shooting is definitely coming at a premium tonight.

Miami needs everything. Should have gone BPA.

Bostonjorge
Hero the mixtape legend

redsox12
Miami needs a Herrooo

SG Herro
PG Dragic
SF Winslow
PF Richardson
C Whiteside

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:11 PM
Romeo is a interesting pick for Boston. Kind of puts Brown in a tight spot. Boston is probably got a trade in the works.

SG Brown/Romeo
PG Smart
SF Tatum
PF Hayward
C ?

Dade County
06-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Miami needs a Herrooo

SG Herro
PG Dragic
SF Winslow
PF Johnson
C Whiteside

Was JRich traded?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:16 PM
Was JRich traded?

No typed the wrong name.

Richardson instead of Johnson

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:19 PM
Det pick Sekou is a little puzzling with Blake and Drummond there.

SG Kennard
PG Jackson
SF ?
PF Griffin
C Drummond

Dade County
06-20-2019, 09:20 PM
No typed the wrong name.

Richardson instead of Johnson

ok...

Rozier/ IT
JRich/Herro
Winslow/ Djj
KO
Bam

I feel that Dragic, Waiters & JJ will be traded soon.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 09:21 PM
man.... the homie went from us to the wolves to the suns.... talk about being ****ed over.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:24 PM
Another puzzling pick. Magic gets Chuma

SG Fourner
PG Augustin/Fultz
SF Isaac
PF Gordon
C Bamba

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:26 PM
NO gets sixth man with Nickeil.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:31 PM
I figured Pacers would go for a PG. Goga instead

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 09:32 PM
I figured Pacers would go for a PG. Goga instead

Pacers want Rubio, apparently.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Pacers want Rubio, apparently.

That would be a smart get for IND.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:36 PM
Spurs stash Luka?

IndyRealist
06-20-2019, 09:37 PM
Where's Nassir Little?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Boston/Philly did a trade.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141883195446706176

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Philly gets Thybulle from Boston for 24 and 33.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:43 PM
I'm getting excited 33 is looking really good for Jerome.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:47 PM
OKC trading this pick to Memphis. Landing Brandon Clarke and Ja Morant in this draft is phenomenal.

mark1125
06-20-2019, 09:49 PM
Det pick Sekou is a little puzzling with Blake and Drummond there.

SG Kennard
PG Jackson
SF ?
PF Griffin
C Drummond

Little would have made sense but Sekou was probably the best upside guy here and the Pistons.....lets be honest here......have been fooling themselves into thinking they are a playoff threat. Sekou could play some SF and at 18 years old, isn't exactly going to be thrust into a heavy role. Personally.....Little would have been my pick but I'd give this pick a solid B+

More-Than-Most
06-20-2019, 09:50 PM
i thought boston would have taken clarke but traded back to us... we just got an insane defender.... i am happy

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:51 PM
Little would have made sense but Sekou was probably the best upside guy here and the Pistons.....lets be honest here......have been fooling themselves into thinking they are a playoff threat. Sekou could play some SF and at 18 years old, isn't exactly going to be thrust into a heavy role. Personally.....Little would have been my pick but I'd give this pick a solid B+

Yeah, this is gonna be a crazy offseason, so you have to wonder if Blake or Drummond will even still be there by the end of things.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:53 PM
Memphis so far is right there with NO, and ATL winning this draft.

SG Bradley
PG Morant
SF Clarke
PF Jackson Jr.
C ?

Now they need to dump Parsons.

Dade County
06-20-2019, 09:58 PM
SG Tyler Herro.. Miami HEAT Selection at 13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZA70Kg0Lpw

redsox12
06-20-2019, 09:58 PM
Wow, passed up everyone in the green room for Grant Williams.

Welp, starting behind Hayward for now.

SG Brown/Romeo
PG Smart
SF Tatum
PF Hayward/Grant Williams
C Bob Williams

mark1125
06-20-2019, 10:00 PM
Personally, I think the Pistons need to burn it down. Their financial status is not flexible. They will not be able to sign much help to make them more than they are now. I'd trade Griffin while they can. Drummond.....if you can fid a buyer, I'd explore that too. Griffin has a couple high end years left and he won't get anywhere near a deep playoff run with the Pistons. I am a little shocked he hasn't pushed (at least publicly) a trade.

crewfan13
06-20-2019, 10:00 PM
Hunter is more of a fit type pick i think while Culver has all star potential.

It happened, so an nba GM disagrees (or thinks his upside is higher). But I just struggle with a fit pick top 5. In almost every situation, you take the best available player, which usually indicates upsides, when you're drafting that high.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 10:05 PM
I figured OKC would take a shot on Bol Bol if they was thinking about moving Adams. Bazley instead.

STRIKERC
06-20-2019, 10:08 PM
i thought boston would have taken clarke but traded back to us... we just got an insane defender.... i am happy

6'5'' defender?
Don't we already have that in Zhaire Smith?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 10:10 PM
WTF My team drafts my guy and they trade him. This is a joke.

Vee-Rex
06-20-2019, 10:12 PM
I want Bol Bol

C-ross12
06-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Wow, passed up everyone in the green room for Grant Williams.

Welp, starting behind Hayward for now.

SG Brown/Romeo
PG Smart
SF Tatum
PF Hayward/Grant Williams
C Bob Williams

Wasn't Williams a first team all american?

redsox12
06-20-2019, 10:14 PM
We needed a PG too, this trade makes to since.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 10:15 PM
Wasn't Williams a first team all american?

I'm not sure, just surprised that we did that.

pebloemer
06-20-2019, 10:16 PM

Looks like Wally Szerbiack to me.

ZH721
06-20-2019, 10:17 PM

Why do you capitalize all the letters in Heat? Not even the NBA official page does that. Is it like an insecurity thing?

https://www.nba.com/teams/heat

C-ross12
06-20-2019, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure, just surprised that we did that.

Just looked it up. He's a first team All American with Rui Hachimura, Zion Williamson, Ja Maront and R.J Barrett. Not saying hes as good as those other 4, but my guess is he'll be able to contribute.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 10:18 PM
Well at least we get a 2020 1st rounder for Jerome.

redsox12
06-20-2019, 10:21 PM
Little's slide finally ends with Portland and thats a great fit.

SG McCollum
PG Lillard
SF Little
PF Harkless
C Nurkic