PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving - The Key to FA?

Oakmont_4
05-18-2019, 07:55 PM
Kyrie Irving may be the key to Free Agency. He's not a guy who's going to lead a team to the promise land all by himself...As the Celtics found out the hard way this season. However, as disappointed as I was personally with him this year...There's few if any better #2 options in the NBA. He's very well respected by players around the league, however his...interesting personality lets call it...makes people pause. Especially NBA teams.

When Free Agency starts the likes of KD, Kawhi and AD will control the headlines. As much as Griffin says out loud he wants to convince AD to stay, he won't. He will be traded, and it likely won't be to the Western Conference. Which means these 3 will control Free Agency, but Kyrie will be lurking behind the scenes surveying and talking to these 3 and trying to set up the best possible scenario for himself...Because that's what Kyrie does.

The favorite and easiest is obviously the Knicks. They have the money to sign KD or Kawhi, plus Kyrie. However, they're a young team and their ownership and management track record is very poor. Then again, they'd have the bright lights of NY. If they choose NY, it's more about business interests than winning championships. And with KD and Kyrie already having titles on their belts, this is a very real possibility.

However...AD throws a wrench in the works. NYK has the assets to pull off all 3, but it's likely not the wisest move. Only the Miami Heat have built a championship team with pure Free Agent acquisitions. GS, DAL, BOS, CLE and any other recent winner has won with a mix of home grown talent and Free Agent acquisition. If NYK wants all 3 it means emptying their cupboards. Yes...Knox, Robinson, Smith JR and just about any other player under contract and #3 will all be going to NO if they want AD's services. KD, Kyrie and AD is an absurd trio, but they'd have absolutely nothing worth while after that. Which is why I doubt it happens.

SO. Danny Ainge has never been one to not swing for the fences. And if he gets any indication that a major move would entice Kyrie to come back...He'll do it. Boston can offer the best Prospect of any teams in the running with Jayson Tatum. Who I think is preferable than any other player in this draft (Considering NO already has Zion locked up).

If the Celtics land AD...Things get really interesting. And thats a BIG problem for NYK. Even if NY has KD already in the fold...Their roster won't be as good as the Celtics with AD in the fold. And if Kyrie wants to win, he'll go team up with AD in Boston.

Which leaves NYK with a problem. Without Kyrie and AD as possible running mates for KD...BRK now enters the fold. They have better management and a better roster and can still offer the bright lights of NY.

Can Danny pull in AD and lure Kyrie back? Can the NYK stave off BRK? If AD and Kyrie team up in BOS and KD spurns NYK for BRK...NYK have BIG problems on their hands.

It's all entirely possible. A lot can change in the next 2 months. Especially if Milwaukee wins the the title. They'll be the new powerhouse of the NBA with GS falling apart and a new type of star for NBA players to deal with. A 7 foot monster who absolutely dominated with no true franchise player next to him. How do you stop a guy like that? Players are going to need to team up. And if I'm Kyrie surveying the land...Having AD and Al Horford down low to deal with Giannis...Well...That's awfully appealing to me. KD is great, and a better all around player than Giannis, But I'm not so sure Kyrie and KD can beat Giannis and his group of long, tough wings and trees in the paint that can all connect from 3.

June 30th is going to be a very interesting night

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 08:08 PM
The Knicks offer is hot garbage (no offense guys) but it is... Ttum, Brown, multiple picks going to NO for AD should be the move, they can retain Kyrie and add AD.

Confusious
05-19-2019, 02:06 AM
I think Kyrie at the very least is NY bound.

More-Than-Most
05-19-2019, 02:11 AM
Kyrie Irving may be the key to Free Agency. He's not a guy who's going to lead a team to the promise land all by himself...As the Celtics found out the hard way this season. However, as disappointed as I was personally with him this year...There's few if any better #2 options in the NBA. He's very well respected by players around the league, however his...interesting personality lets call it...makes people pause. Especially NBA teams.

When Free Agency starts the likes of KD, Kawhi and AD will control the headlines. As much as Griffin says out loud he wants to convince AD to stay, he won't. He will be traded, and it likely won't be to the Western Conference. Which means these 3 will control Free Agency, but Kyrie will be lurking behind the scenes surveying and talking to these 3 and trying to set up the best possible scenario for himself...Because that's what Kyrie does.

The favorite and easiest is obviously the Knicks. They have the money to sign KD or Kawhi, plus Kyrie. However, they're a young team and their ownership and management track record is very poor. Then again, they'd have the bright lights of NY. If they choose NY, it's more about business interests than winning championships. And with KD and Kyrie already having titles on their belts, this is a very real possibility.

However...AD throws a wrench in the works. NYK has the assets to pull off all 3, but it's likely not the wisest move. Only the Miami Heat have built a championship team with pure Free Agent acquisitions. GS, DAL, BOS, CLE and any other recent winner has won with a mix of home grown talent and Free Agent acquisition. If NYK wants all 3 it means emptying their cupboards. Yes...Knox, Robinson, Smith JR and just about any other player under contract and #3 will all be going to NO if they want AD's services. KD, Kyrie and AD is an absurd trio, but they'd have absolutely nothing worth while after that. Which is why I doubt it happens.

SO. Danny Ainge has never been one to not swing for the fences. And if he gets any indication that a major move would entice Kyrie to come back...He'll do it. Boston can offer the best Prospect of any teams in the running with Jayson Tatum. Who I think is preferable than any other player in this draft (Considering NO already has Zion locked up).

If the Celtics land AD...Things get really interesting. And thats a BIG problem for NYK. Even if NY has KD already in the fold...Their roster won't be as good as the Celtics with AD in the fold. And if Kyrie wants to win, he'll go team up with AD in Boston.

Which leaves NYK with a problem. Without Kyrie and AD as possible running mates for KD...BRK now enters the fold. They have better management and a better roster and can still offer the bright lights of NY.

Can Danny pull in AD and lure Kyrie back? Can the NYK stave off BRK? If AD and Kyrie team up in BOS and KD spurns NYK for BRK...NYK have BIG problems on their hands.

It's all entirely possible. A lot can change in the next 2 months. Especially if Milwaukee wins the the title. They'll be the new powerhouse of the NBA with GS falling apart and a new type of star for NBA players to deal with. A 7 foot monster who absolutely dominated with no true franchise player next to him. How do you stop a guy like that? Players are going to need to team up. And if I'm Kyrie surveying the land...Having AD and Al Horford down low to deal with Giannis...Well...That's awfully appealing to me. KD is great, and a better all around player than Giannis, But I'm not so sure Kyrie and KD can beat Giannis and his group of long, tough wings and trees in the paint that can all connect from 3.

June 30th is going to be a very interesting night

:laugh:

legit had a chance to get KL... passed
Had a chance to get PG13... Passed
Had a chance to get butler... Passed
Had a chance to get AD... Passed

The dude literally wont make a deal unless its a promised rape... He made 0 moves and got smacked by the bucks in an embarrassing way because he refuses to make a deal unless he not just wins it but flat out owns it... he is extremely overrated

TheMightyHumph
05-19-2019, 03:03 AM
The Knicks offer is hot garbage (no offense guys) but it is... Ttum, Brown, multiple picks going to NO for AD should be the move, they can retain Kyrie and add AD.

Is keeping Kyrie the key?

More-Than-Most
05-19-2019, 03:05 AM
Is keeping Kyrie the key?

celtics have to keep him... brown and tatum have made no progress and haywards contract is awful... rozier will likely leave and they are gonna be forced to pay smart and horford.

PAOboston
05-19-2019, 12:02 PM
celtics have to keep him... brown and tatum have made no progress and haywards contract is awful... rozier will likely leave and they are gonna be forced to pay smart and horford.
Not sure why everyone thinks Brown and Tatum made no progress. Once December rolled around, Brown was their best wing player. Tatum had a solid season. He didnít have the massive jump people expected but he really didnít have a ďbadĒ season.

Hayward is a question mark. 2 years left on the deal. But heís got a summer of rehab free training upcoming. Next year weíll know if there is any chance of old Hayward coming back. Not much you can do about it. You canít really plan for a top 25 level player snapping his leg 5 minutes into his tenure on your team.

Smart is already re-signed for 4 years. Just had a career year. Might make an all-nba defense team this summer.

Horford will likely opt out/extend.

Rozier is trash. Thinks heís going to get paid but likely wonít get what he thinks. Pretty much burned his bridges in Boston once the season ended.

The Cs could be in a much worse spot. Reality is, the roster construction lead to the chemistry issues. Young guys who proved themselves last year wanted to continue their roles and didnít like the vets getting theirs as well. Re-signing Kyrie, trading some of theirs young guys for AD, and letting Rozier/Morris go in FA solves a lot of that log jam and role definition. Then they can fill out the roster with veteran players who know exactly what their roles are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakmont_4
05-19-2019, 04:33 PM

The dude literally wont make a deal unless its a promised rape... He made 0 moves and got smacked by the bucks in an embarrassing way because he refuses to make a deal unless he not just wins it but flat out owns it... he is extremely overrated

Kawhi - yeah letís ignore the cloud that was surrounding Kawhi that made him a huge risk. SAS ended up letting him go for a decent player in DeRozen. Ainge giving up Tatum who was coming off a brilliant rookie year would have been an overpay based on what SAS got in return.

PG13 - Indy refused to trade to the Eastern conference - howís that Ainges fault? Also was threatening to not resign with the team trading for him. He got traded before Free Agency and we had cap space. Had Indy not been in a rush ship him out west and waited for better offers, things couldíve been very different

Butler - yeah not thanks. Good player. Wasnít worth giving up the likes of Tatum and Brown for though.

AD - weíve never had a shot at. We couldnít trade for him with Kyrie under contract per NBA rules. Maybe you should research before you spew false information.

But yeah I guess the GM whoís won the second most games in the NBA in the past 20 years is overrated...Youíve basically laid out that you donít like him because he hasnít made bad trades

Hahahahahaha

Oakmont_4
05-19-2019, 04:34 PM
Not sure why everyone thinks Brown and Tatum made no progress. Once December rolled around, Brown was their best wing player. Tatum had a solid season. He didnít have the massive jump people expected but he really didnít have a ďbadĒ season.

Hayward is a question mark. 2 years left on the deal. But heís got a summer of rehab free training upcoming. Next year weíll know if there is any chance of old Hayward coming back. Not much you can do about it. You canít really plan for a top 25 level player snapping his leg 5 minutes into his tenure on your team.

Smart is already re-signed for 4 years. Just had a career year. Might make an all-nba defense team this summer.

Horford will likely opt out/extend.

Rozier is trash. Thinks heís going to get paid but likely wonít get what he thinks. Pretty much burned his bridges in Boston once the season ended.

The Cs could be in a much worse spot. Reality is, the roster construction lead to the chemistry issues. Young guys who proved themselves last year wanted to continue their roles and didnít like the vets getting theirs as well. Re-signing Kyrie, trading some of theirs young guys for AD, and letting Rozier/Morris go in FA solves a lot of that log jam and role definition. Then they can fill out the roster with veteran players who know exactly what their roles are.

Spot on. Iíd consider resigning Morris though. With him knowing his role ahead of time.

Oakmont_4
05-19-2019, 04:36 PM

Again. Doesnít research before he posts. Smart is already resigned.

Horford has a player option. He may pick it up or he expressed taking a team friendly deal for 2 extra years.

Either way, neither player factors into much...

east fb knicks
05-19-2019, 04:59 PM
The celtics can trade for ad whether kyrie stays or goes all they have to do is take back jrue

Also the knicks have the best offer but we'd be giving up our entire roster for ad and we'd be left with nothing I'll pass

PAOboston
05-19-2019, 06:40 PM
Spot on. Iíd consider resigning Morris though. With him knowing his role ahead of time.

I was actually thinking about Morris staying but salary wise it might be tough to have multiple 10+ mil players coming off the bench (Smart and Morris). Not sure what the market for him shapes up to be but he was pretty good for a decent stretch of the season plus the playoffs.

Oakmont_4
05-19-2019, 06:54 PM
I was actually thinking about Morris staying but salary wise it might be tough to have multiple 10+ mil players coming off the bench (Smart and Morris). Not sure what the market for him shapes up to be but he was pretty good for a decent stretch of the season plus the playoffs.

In a situation where say Kyrie and AD are here and they approach Morris with a short term deal with high dollars for a bench role and a chance to win he might take it. Like a 2 year $30M deal with year 2 as a player option. He may consider it and heíll take a smaller role to win and come of the bench for what amounts to essentially 1 year.

Oakmont_4
05-19-2019, 06:55 PM
The celtics can trade for ad whether kyrie stays or goes all they have to do is take back jrue

Also the knicks have the best offer but we'd be giving up our entire roster for ad and we'd be left with nothing I'll pass

Only once Kyrie opts out. The previous 2 years NBA rules would not have allowed Kyrie and AD to be on the same team

Scoots
05-19-2019, 06:58 PM

The Celtics would love Jrue, the Pels are not interested in offering him.

Lil Rhody
05-19-2019, 07:26 PM
The Celtics would love Jrue, the Pels are not interested in offering him.Right. Lengthy guard with either smart or brown in Stevens system. Ugh I wish. Always liked jrue

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
05-19-2019, 09:23 PM
Kawhi - yeah letís ignore the cloud that was surrounding Kawhi that made him a huge risk. SAS ended up letting him go for a decent player in DeRozen. Ainge giving up Tatum who was coming off a brilliant rookie year would have been an overpay based on what SAS got in return.

PG13 - Indy refused to trade to the Eastern conference - howís that Ainges fault? Also was threatening to not resign with the team trading for him. He got traded before Free Agency and we had cap space. Had Indy not been in a rush ship him out west and waited for better offers, things couldíve been very different

Butler - yeah not thanks. Good player. Wasnít worth giving up the likes of Tatum and Brown for though.

AD - weíve never had a shot at. We couldnít trade for him with Kyrie under contract per NBA rules. Maybe you should research before you spew false information.

But yeah I guess the GM whoís won the second most games in the NBA in the past 20 years is overrated...Youíve basically laid out that you donít like him because he hasnít made bad trades

Hahahahahaha

you could have traded kyrie is your gm has a set of balls? i know they couldn't trade for him but trading kyrie would have really put you guys in a sick position right now... kyrie is gonna walk and you are losing rozier while tatum and brown have taken no steps forward and you are probably about to give horford and smart a raise... you guys have 0 chance at a title in the coming years because of how scared ainge is to make a deal.

you guys literally got destroyed by the bucks

edit- you are correct about 1 thing i forgot they resigned smart... its a good deal but now you guys def have no room to improve unless you trade tatum and pray kyrie returns lol.

corky831
05-19-2019, 09:26 PM
you could have traded kyrie is your gm has a set of balls? i know they couldn't trade for him but trading kyrie would have really put you guys in a sick position right now... kyrie is gonna walk and you are losing rozier while tatum and brown have taken no steps forward and you are probably about to give horford and smart a raise... you guys have 0 chance at a title in the coming years because of how scared ainge is to make a deal.

you guys literally got destroyed by the bucks

edit- you are correct about 1 thing i forgot they resigned smart... its a good deal but now you guys def have no room to improve unless you trade tatum and pray kyrie returns lol.

And your team lost to the team currently getting destroyed by the Bucks

More-Than-Most
05-19-2019, 10:11 PM
And your team lost to the team currently getting destroyed by the Bucks

series is 2-1 bruh... bucks about to lose 2 of middleton/brog/lopez... our team lost on a last second shot and even if we lose buter we can open up 2 max spots for players or fill our team rather easily. Brand did more in his first season as a GM to win then Ainge has done iin years.

I have been insanely critical of ben simmons but boston has nothing on the level or close to the level of embiid and maybe tatum becaomes good but he isnt ben simmons esp considering ben simmons defense and all around game... We have Ben/Embiid and 2 max cap space spots along with a ton of draft picks as well... brand took a risk on butler/harris and we were 1 shot away from the ECF where we could have done much better than you guys against the bucks... say whatever you want... where you guys are and where you should be is basic failure and its because of ainge and because of the moves he was scared to make. You got tatum and got our first congrats.... it turned out to be the 14th pick and someone you will likely trade because he hasnt taken the next step... we are better now and next year where per your own forum and the OP of this thread you are a 6 seed at best.... ainge needs to step up esp with the assets you guys were gifted because of how moronic the nets were. He missed out on so much talent because he wont make a deal unless its a promised insane win

east fb knicks
05-20-2019, 10:20 AM
The Celtics would love Jrue, the Pels are not interested in offering him.
I never saw any reports saying they wanna keep jrue ntm they probably get smart also to replace jrue

ZH721
05-20-2019, 12:30 PM

You seem mad that Ainge wouldnít accept a ****** deal for Okafor or Noel and the Sixers ended up getting nothing for them lol.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2019, 07:54 PM
You seem mad that Ainge wouldnít accept a ****** deal for Okafor or Noel and the Sixers ended up getting nothing for them lol.

yup that is exactly what this is... has 0 to do with the fact that this team was suppose to be better year after year and had all these insane assets and now what do they have exactly? tatum and brown who stock has fallen because they didnt take the next steps people thought they would/should... no cap flexibility and a horrid contract in a bad player in hayward.... there were plenty of moves to be made that would have jumped them to the top but he sat on his hands.

ohreally
05-21-2019, 12:53 AM

Knicks have a pick that has, by definition, never played in the pros. DSJ might net a second round pick in a trade; basically no value at all. Knox may improve, but just as likely wonít. Robinson has some value, but not going to have anyone salivating (if he duplicates and improves he would have more value in a year or two, but not AD value).

No need to worry about having the team decimated.

R. Johnson#3
05-21-2019, 05:50 AM
Kyrie was jogging back on defence in the playoffs. Constantly calling for guys to take his man with him ending up on a complete mismatch. He isn't going to help a team win but he'll end up on highlight reels.

Oakmont_4
05-21-2019, 06:31 AM
yup that is exactly what this is... has 0 to do with the fact that this team was suppose to be better year after year and had all these insane assets and now what do they have exactly? tatum and brown who stock has fallen because they didnt take the next steps people thought they would/should... no cap flexibility and a horrid contract in a bad player in hayward.... there were plenty of moves to be made that would have jumped them to the top but he sat on his hands.

Hahahaha come back to reality dude. Paint as grim a picture of the Celtics as you want - what does that say about the Sixers? A team with what, 6 top 10 picks in 5 years and all they have to show for it is Embiid a very talented big with major injury concerns long term and Simmons a freak athlete who canít shoot. And 2 second round playoff exits.

The Celtics may not have lived up to expectations (yet) but the Sixers ďprocessĒ has been a complete failure. And now youíll lose Butler and resign Harris. Which will essentially cap strap you going forward all while putting a less talented roster on the court than last year.

Get a grip dude. As I said before. They Celtics future is far brighter. Bank on it.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 06:55 AM
Hahahaha come back to reality dude. Paint as grim a picture of the Celtics as you want - what does that say about the Sixers? A team with what, 6 top 10 picks in 5 years and all they have to show for it is Embiid a very talented big with major injury concerns long term and Simmons a freak athlete who canít shoot. And 2 second round playoff exits.

The Celtics may not have lived up to expectations (yet) but the Sixers ďprocessĒ has been a complete failure. And now youíll lose Butler and resign Harris. Which will essentially cap strap you going forward all while putting a less talented roster on the court than last year.

Get a grip dude. As I said before. They Celtics future is far brighter. Bank on it.

when did i disagree with your first paragraph? we def did tank and got those picks and squandered them... we also got a bad GM thrown at us to stop the tanking that ****ed us because the NBA is short sighted... Ben simmons cant shoot be he is still better than any and every player on the celtics not named Kyrie... Really think about that... we arent tied down to a horrid contract... we have 2 max cap spots if guys leave... we have a ton of picks and we have 2 players that are better than every single player on the celtics by quite a bit if kyrie walks... even if he stays we have 1 player that is still by far better.... nomatter how you slice it the celtics and ainge overplayed their hand and were gun shy and it cost them because now they could lose kyrie and have 0 flexibility to make themselves better outside of trading tatum and end up a 6 seed at best... your words not mine by the way.

Nomatter how you slice it with or without butler the sixers are still a top 4 seed and better than the celtics next year...... even if butler walks :shrug.

We tanked... You guys didnt... what we did was shameful but what the NBA does where superstars only want to play with superstars is just as shameful and we put a foot down on that ******** where guys want to be handed championships.... the end of the day you guys squandered a massive opportunity because ainge wont make a risky trade ever

LOL NEXT YEAR? you guys werent better than us this year and losing butler wont change that BECAUSE WE HAVE CAP SPACE... We may lose butler but you guys will either lose kyrie or keep him and both are bad :shrug:

We have ways to upgrade.... You guys dont. if the celtics offered tatum for AD and the sixers offered Simmons for AD who do you think the pelicans trade AD for? lets be real... its ben simmons.

As far as the process being a failure.... How many titles have you guys lifted since we started the process????????????? Come on... I will wait.... both our teams went different routes and we are still in a far better place than you guys currently because our top 2 players wipe the floor with anybody you guys have... We also have smith/Insane draft picks.. Max cap space. lol

warfelg
05-21-2019, 07:15 AM
Kyrie was jogging back on defence in the playoffs. Constantly calling for guys to take his man with him ending up on a complete mismatch. He isn't going to help a team win but he'll end up on highlight reels.

Thatís always been Kyrie. He never changed despite the better start last year due to Stevens ďhidingĒ him defensively.

warfelg
05-21-2019, 07:16 AM

Honest question here:
If the Celtics future is brighter....why is there little heat on Stevens for coming up so short? And if the Sixers isnít shouldnít have Brett been fine?

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 07:19 AM
the best part is... i warned everyone about hayward and i have the posts to back it up before he was even a celtic... the injury is an issue but he was never that good to begin with and i got lauged at when i said he was a poor defender living off of his team and a good but not great player... had he not been injured not much would have changed... he was a product of the team he was on.... seriously you people need to start listening to me.

warfelg
05-21-2019, 07:32 AM
Year 2 is the bigger year coming off a leg injury like that. PG13 wasnít the same the first year after his leg injury either. But look where he is now. MVP/DPOY candidate.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 08:21 AM
Year 2 is the bigger year coming off a leg injury like that. PG13 wasnít the same the first year after his leg injury either. But look where he is now. MVP/DPOY candidate.

he leg injury is an issue but he was ovverrated as **** because of the defense etc around him... dude was never a good defender or a number 1 or 2 option... now they need him to be a number 2 and he is trash.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 08:21 AM
my god... pls dont compare pg13 to hayward... hell i thought pg13 was overrated but BRUH... les be real

warfelg
05-21-2019, 08:23 AM
Nothing more was compared than leg injury and recovery time.

Oakmont_4
05-21-2019, 08:30 AM

Yup a full offseason of normal basketball activity and not just rehab makes a huge difference. I donít know that Hayward will ever be what he once was but if he can get to 90% of that, heíd still be a very good player. What Hayward has going for him is he never relied heavily on athleticism. He needs to get back confidence rhythm and timing and he should be fine

Oakmont_4
05-21-2019, 08:33 AM
Honest question here:
If the Celtics future is brighter....why is there little heat on Stevens for coming up so short? And if the Sixers isnít shouldnít have Brett been fine?

Because the Sixers made all in moves by trading for Butler and Harris. Brand himself stated he was going for it now. And they didnít advance any further in the playoffs despite those moves. So now the question is, how do they get even better? Not going to be easy.

Iím certainly not giving Stevens a pass. He didnít coach well or manage egos at all this year. But heís still very young and has never been in that situation before. This year will be a big year for him to see if heís learned anything from that experience. Also Stevens has had more past success then Brown. You donít fire a coach after a bad season when heís had the level of success Stevens has had with some really average rosters.

warfelg
05-21-2019, 08:35 AM
Yup a full offseason of normal basketball activity and not just rehab makes a huge difference. I donít know that Hayward will ever be what he once was but if he can get to 90% of that, heíd still be a very good player. What Hayward has going for him is he never relied heavily on athleticism. He needs to get back confidence rhythm and timing and he should be fine

It not just GH this has happened with. Any player off a season ending major injury get hit with ďwill never be the sameĒ in the first year back. Yet every time they are more like themselves in year two.

Weíre two years removed from the original Kawhi ankle injury (that lead to the quad and missing most of last year) and now heís back to his best player in the league level of play (if not best, second best).

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 08:52 AM
It not just GH this has happened with. Any player off a season ending major injury get hit with ďwill never be the sameĒ in the first year back. Yet every time they are more like themselves in year two.

Weíre two years removed from the original Kawhi ankle injury (that lead to the quad and missing most of last year) and now heís back to his best player in the league level of play (if not best, second best).

can you stop trying to be everyones best friend lol... my bad... you arent... you thought hayward was an allstar before hand... MY BAD. LMFAO.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 08:53 AM
hayward was INSANELY OVERRATED before he became a ****ing celtic... Before he even hit free agency me and flash were on here telling people HE WASNT THAT GOOD... 0 to do with the celtics... jesus christ people

R. Johnson#3
05-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Iím with war on this one. Itíll take time for Gordon Hayward to get back to being Gordon Hayward. On the Jazz heíd attack the rack in traffic. This year he was a jump shooter. I donít know if it was mental or physical but that injury def had a lingering effect.

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 08:57 AM

more fuel to laugh at you guys next season.. already book marked this.... see me in the warriors thread etc... come on guys... its basketball... my BAD... Maybe hayward will avg 11/2/2/ next year and be elite... amirite?

R. Johnson#3
05-21-2019, 08:57 AM
Thatís always been Kyrie. He never changed despite the better start last year due to Stevens ďhidingĒ him defensively.

I was just shocked to see him acting all casual even in an elimination game. If youíre not going to hussle back on D then youíre gonna lose.

ZH721
05-21-2019, 09:17 AM
hayward was INSANELY OVERRATED before he became a ****ing celtic... Before he even hit free agency me and flash were on here telling people HE WASNT THAT GOOD... 0 to do with the celtics... jesus christ people

This take is so so bad lol.

warfelg
05-21-2019, 09:17 AM
can you stop trying to be everyones best friend lol... my bad... you arent... you thought hayward was an allstar before hand... MY BAD. LMFAO.

Find where I ever expressed that thought please.

warfelg
05-21-2019, 09:18 AM

What does that have to do with injury recovery time tables?

More-Than-Most
05-21-2019, 11:30 AM
What does that have to do with injury recovery time tables?

excusing his play because of an injury... if healthy he still isnt good... Next year we will just hear how the injury is the issue... HE WASNT GREAT TO BEGIN WITH.

warfelg
05-21-2019, 12:56 PM
excusing his play because of an injury... if healthy he still isnt good... Next year we will just hear how the injury is the issue... HE WASNT GREAT TO BEGIN WITH.

Ok? He still played worse this year compared to pre-injury.

corky831
05-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Let's face the facts, the Celtics and 76ers have a lot of question marks. Embiid is a star, but Simmons is a lot of hype. He fills the stat sheet, but so did Rondo with the Celtics. It's a shooting league, and Simmons cant shoot. He couldnt even get LSU to the NCAA tourney. I feel he doesn't have the heart and passion that Embiid does. Tatum and Brown have a lot of promise, and let's see how GH does in his 2nd yr after his injury before we start giving him *******.

TheDish87
05-21-2019, 04:28 PM
Simmons college career could not be less relevant. what a weird point to make.

corky831
05-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Simmons college career could not be less relevant. what a weird point to make.

The fact everyone was saying how he has a skillset similar to Lebron back then and the fact he couldn't do enough to squeeze his team to a .500 winning pct. is pretty bad. They were 10-21. LSU had a winning season before his freshman yr and after he was drafted. He seems more concerned being a celebrity than a basketball player, like I said, he is no Embiid.

warfelg
05-21-2019, 06:22 PM
The fact everyone was saying how he has a skillset similar to Lebron back then and the fact he couldn't do enough to squeeze his team to a .500 winning pct. is pretty bad. They were 10-21. LSU had a winning season before his freshman yr and after he was drafted. He seems more concerned being a celebrity than a basketball player, like I said, he is no Embiid.

LSUs 3 other potential NBA level players missed 90% of Simmons only season.

ewing
05-21-2019, 08:34 PM
LSUs 3 other potential NBA level players missed 90% of Simmons only season.

They lost by 700 in there conference tournament and then turned down the NIT bc Ben didnít want to go. I donít agree with the other posters conclusions but Ben mailed in his college career period

warfelg
05-21-2019, 08:47 PM
They lost by 700 in there conference tournament and then turned down the NIT bc Ben didnít want to go. I donít agree with the other posters conclusions but Ben mailed in his college career period

Not saying he didn't. The documentary made it clear he hated that he had to play in college.

ewing
05-21-2019, 09:33 PM
Not saying he didn't. The documentary made it clear he hated that he had to play in college.

What documentary?

Bostonjorge
05-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Gordon Hayward and Memphis 1st round pick for Mike Conley. Celtics get insurance if Irving and Rozier leave. Memphis get the pick back on a rebuild season coming up.

PAOboston
05-21-2019, 09:49 PM
Gordon Hayward and Memphis 1st round pick for Mike Conley. Celtics get insurance if Irving and Rozier leave. Memphis get the pick back on a rebuild season coming up.

Thatís an awful deal. Iíd rather just roll the dice with Hayward.

GiantsSwaGG
05-22-2019, 11:25 AM
I actually hope we donít trade for AD. Hopefully the Lakers get him but theyíre a Circus and their assets are booty. I definitely donít want him on the Cís

TheDish87
05-22-2019, 02:30 PM

Lebron didnt make the tourny either.

No one thinks he is better than Embiid, probably not even Ben himself.

TheDish87
05-22-2019, 02:32 PM

yea im in agreement with this.

TheDish87
05-22-2019, 02:34 PM

why would Memphis take on 2 years of Heyward when Conley also has 2 left? that pick is protected anyway they gave up.

rc33
05-22-2019, 03:41 PM

Hahahahahaha

Yeah...but Ainge still could've made the deal for PG despite Indy saying they wouldn't trade him in the Eastern Conference. Cuz...uh...that makes perfect sense.
MTM's posts are almost Shakespearean in the way they combine comedy and tragedy.