PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons -Where does he end up?

IKnowHoops
05-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Ben had a tough Playoffs. Heard a lot of speculation. Anyone think heís gone?

TakeYourL
05-15-2019, 02:01 PM
If they want to build around embiid, Simmons has to go.

Simmons hurts spacing for the whole team, but embiid is the most effected,and he's their best player.

It still boggles my mind Simmons won't even attempt a few threes.

Even little kids shoot threes lol.

warfelg
05-15-2019, 02:44 PM
He ends up in Philly to start the year unless he sits down with Brand and makes it clear he isnít changing his game.

Rivera
05-15-2019, 03:10 PM
lol hes not going anywhere. i felt like we (PSD) started that, because now that they are eliminated the national media ran the "should the 76ers trade Ben" for TV time. But hes not going anywhere

and this is coming from the harshest (but fairest!) ben simmons critic

Scoots
05-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Too early to give up on him by far. People need to chill.

Tg11
05-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Simmons needs to be traded and I would trade him to the Lakers for LeBron; LeBron back in the East

likemystylez
05-15-2019, 08:14 PM
how is this guy not banned....:rolleyes:

More-Than-Most
05-15-2019, 08:25 PM
it depends on what happens with butler/harris and other free agents... if we lose butler/harris and miss out on other top guys he will remain a sixer... he he has a jumper of some sort next season he will remain a sixer... if we bring back butler and harris or another top tier free agent and ben shows up without a jumper come the trade deadline i think he is gone.

More-Than-Most
05-15-2019, 08:27 PM
Simmons needs to be traded and I would trade him to the Lakers for LeBron; LeBron back in the East

i wouldnt... i love bron but his defense is gone on top of him being old and probably in decline and could fall off a cliff instantly... not worth the risk.

TrueFan420
05-15-2019, 09:34 PM
how is this guy not banned....:rolleyes:

Prob because no ones reported him yet but yea youíd think the mods would notice by now or the system would have an algorithm to pick up on key words that are always used in those posts.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 10:36 PM
Who is he and what was he doing lol?

nastynice
05-15-2019, 11:58 PM
No way Philly let's him go, his potential is insane. He just needs a 12-15 footer. Plenty players have developed that. LeBron developed a straight up 3 point shot, look how he moves he's not a natural shooter.

Simmons can develop a 15 footer.

ManningToTyree
05-16-2019, 12:18 AM
They need to be more patient heís so young still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMightyHumph
05-16-2019, 12:28 AM
He just has to work on his jump shot.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 12:46 AM
No way Philly let's him go, his potential is insane. He just needs a 12-15 footer. Plenty players have developed that. LeBron developed a straight up 3 point shot, look how he moves he's not a natural shooter.

Simmons can develop a 15 footer.

lebron could still shoot though... do you realize for the playoffs ben simmons avg distance per shot was 2.5 feet from the basket lolol.... i heard that on our post game show and was in disbelief.... the longest shot he took in the raptors series was like 11 feet... the problem is he has no shot... nothing... and he might be shooting with the wrong hand which may very well be his biggest issue

nastynice
05-16-2019, 02:10 AM
lebron could still shoot though... do you realize for the playoffs ben simmons avg distance per shot was 2.5 feet from the basket lolol.... i heard that on our post game show and was in disbelief.... the longest shot he took in the raptors series was like 11 feet... the problem is he has no shot... nothing... and he might be shooting with the wrong hand which may very well be his biggest issue

If he shows no improvement in 1-2 years still then it would be more concerning. As of right now there's still a high likely hood he will expand that part of his game. Doesn't even have to be good, just serviceable

TheDish87
05-16-2019, 09:16 AM
this troll thread is still up?

TheDish87
05-16-2019, 09:22 AM
back to back 50+ win seasons and missed out on the ECF on the luckiest bounces in history. he struggled on offense most of the playoffs but its hard when you have to exert all of your energy covering KL. Also his lack of a s jump shot wasnt really an issue in the playoffs, its not why we arent still playing.

Scoots
05-16-2019, 09:58 AM
this troll thread is still up?

You know by posting in it you keep it going right?

ewing
05-16-2019, 09:59 AM
back to back 50+ win seasons and missed out on the ECF on the luckiest bounces in history. he struggled on offense most of the playoffs but its hard when you have to exert all of your energy covering KL. Also his lack of a s jump shot wasnt really an issue in the playoffs, its not why we arent still playing.

yes it is

TheDish87
05-16-2019, 10:43 AM
no, no its not. that doesnt mean he doesnt need to start developing a jumper, he does or that i wouldnt have helped. but his lack of aggression in attacking the rim was a much, much bigger issue. He really only attacked strong in game 6 and we kicked their ***.

warfelg
05-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Also his lack of a s jump shot wasnt really an issue in the playoffs, its not why we arent still playing.

Absolutely was an issue. Last year the Celtics exposed it by having Horford just wait at 10 feet. This year the Raptors exposed it by doubling Embiid off Simmons.

TheDish87
05-16-2019, 10:45 AM
You know by posting in it you keep it going right?

yes

Scoots
05-16-2019, 10:50 AM
yes

Then don't complain about it :)

TheDish87
05-16-2019, 11:36 AM
Absolutely was an issue. Last year the Celtics exposed it by having Horford just wait at 10 feet. This year the Raptors exposed it by doubling Embiid off Simmons.

youre telling me its a key reason why we lost? nah not a chance. its always gonna be an issue to some degree but Toronto didnt defend him the same as Boston did. He didnt attack like he did in the reg season and that hurt way more. Embiids health and play, lack of bench bigs were also much bigger problems. If KL doesnt hit that circuis shot we prob are still playing and no one is saying **** about his jumper today.

TheDish87
05-16-2019, 11:36 AM
Then don't complain about it :)

free country

ewing
05-16-2019, 11:40 AM
no, no its not. that doesnt mean he doesnt need to start developing a jumper, he does or that i wouldnt have helped. but his lack of aggression in attacking the rim was a much, much bigger issue. He really only attacked strong in game 6 and we kicked their ***.

Itís not easy to attack KL and Marc Gasol especially when they know you donít have many options b/c you can't shoot

Scoots
05-16-2019, 12:19 PM
free country

It's hypocritical

Scoots
05-16-2019, 12:21 PM
youre telling me its a key reason why we lost? nah not a chance. its always gonna be an issue to some degree but Toronto didnt defend him the same as Boston did. He didnt attack like he did in the reg season and that hurt way more. Embiids health and play, lack of bench bigs were also much bigger problems. If KL doesnt hit that circuis shot we prob are still playing and no one is saying **** about his jumper today.

Considering game 7 came down to 1 made bucket one way or the other ... had Simmons had a semi-reliable mid-range shot he was willing to take I think it's completely reasonable to think it might have made a 1 shot difference in the game.

crewfan13
05-16-2019, 12:57 PM

I've heard the missed out on the ECF by a bounce thing a bunch and it's such a lazy take. The game was tied. It was going to overtime. Philly made 1 shot in the last 3 minutes of the game. There's still a decent chance Toronto wins that game in overtime.

warfelg
05-16-2019, 01:04 PM
Considering game 7 came down to 1 made bucket one way or the other ... had Simmons had a semi-reliable mid-range shot he was willing to take I think it's completely reasonable to think it might have made a 1 shot difference in the game.

If he has a semi-reliable shot they wouldn't be sending Kawhi on the double team on Embiid. They'd send someone else.

Chronz
05-16-2019, 02:11 PM
yes it is

Rondo's the reason all his teams were trash offensively, amirite

Chronz
05-16-2019, 02:13 PM

That's every player in history, if only they were better at a weakness or hell, better at a strength

Scoots
05-16-2019, 04:18 PM
If he has a semi-reliable shot they wouldn't be sending Kawhi on the double team on Embiid. They'd send someone else.

What I was thinking yes ... even if Simmons never took the shot him having it would produce just that little bit more space and the result somewhere would likely be 2 more points in the game.

Scoots
05-16-2019, 04:20 PM
That's every player in history, if only they were better at a weakness or hell, better at a strength

Sure, but not many PGs in history were as unwilling to shoot the ball outside 5 feet. His apparent fear of taking a shot means they can just ignore him on one end of the floor. It's very rare for a flow to be so stark on a big minute wing player.

Rivera
05-16-2019, 04:26 PM

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have been saying this since October. Granted, you guys have enough talent that you guys still almost pulled it out and were eliminated off 4 bounces off the rim but to say Simmons jumpshot didnt impact is flat out wrong. You guys might have won in 5 or 6 if Toronto had to worry about Ben and allowed Joel/Jimmy to operate a little more freely

ewing
05-16-2019, 09:56 PM

Not all the time. Sometimes he was a liability and he was a lot more crafty then Ben Simmons.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:07 PM

um it really is... do you not understand how chained up embiid is because of ben simmons? if ben simmons had a jump shot he would not need to be right next to the basket on offense and embiid could play inside much more instead of having to space the floor by starting around the 3 point line... Ben simmons is 100 percent the biggest reason we lost that series... if he has a jump shot we are the best team in the east and probably basketball just from the fact teams couldnt defend us as easily as they do... its 4-5 on offense my dude.

KB24PG16
05-16-2019, 10:28 PM
it appears jimmy butler is gone

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:36 PM
it appears jimmy butler is gone

not a big deal either way... i highly doubt this tweet anyway though.... its 6 weeks out... no way he has already made up his mind when he doesnt even know what team will offer him the max on top of giving up like 50 plus mill signing elsewhere.

basch152
05-17-2019, 01:58 AM
Harvey dent, can we trust him?

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2019, 02:03 AM
not a big deal either way... i highly doubt this tweet anyway though.... its 6 weeks out... no way he has already made up his mind when he doesnt even know what team will offer him the max on top of giving up like 50 plus mill signing elsewhere.

Lol he gone...

ewing
05-17-2019, 06:07 AM

If it means something itís a big deal

warfelg
05-17-2019, 06:21 AM
Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons tweeted very similar things. I guess they gone too.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2019, 06:31 AM
Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons tweeted very similar things. I guess they gone too.

Tear it down and start the process over!

Oakmont_4
05-17-2019, 06:33 AM
6 top 10 picks in 5 years. Still had to add 2 All Stars to the roster to get knocked out in round 2. The process!

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 09:02 AM
um it really is... do you not understand how chained up embiid is because of ben simmons? if ben simmons had a jump shot he would not need to be right next to the basket on offense and embiid could play inside much more instead of having to space the floor by starting around the 3 point line... Ben simmons is 100 percent the biggest reason we lost that series... if he has a jump shot we are the best team in the east and probably basketball just from the fact teams couldnt defend us as easily as they do... its 4-5 on offense my dude.

never said it wouldnt have helped, of course it could. but its still not a big reason for the L. its just not. he beat KL plenty and stopped in his tracks in the lane way too much making poor decisions. Like i said, when he did his thing in game 6 it was a route. sadly, it was the only game he played like that.

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 09:03 AM
6 top 10 picks in 5 years. Still had to add 2 All Stars to the roster to get knocked out in round 2. The process!

forgot Boston and all those killer assets built a championship roster. oh wait

ewing
05-17-2019, 09:08 AM

They didnít floor a HS team for half a decade and justify it by saying it was the only way to rebuild

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 09:11 AM
you mean for like 2 years? no one claimed it was the only way either. just the best way for a franchise stuck in purgatory for a decade.

warfelg
05-17-2019, 09:11 AM
They didnít floor a HS team for half a decade and justify it by saying it was the only way to rebuild

They tried to. They lucked into some players that worked out and dove into FA early.

crewfan13
05-17-2019, 09:21 AM

Rondo's teams were built with at least 3 shooters and a screener on the floor with him. You can do the same with Simmons. Guys like LeBron and giannis are better shooters and players in general, but it's the same thing their teams try to do with them.

That's how you build around Simmons. Problem is, that's also (sort of) how you build around embiid. Embiid won't bring it up and basically play pg like giannis, LeBron and Simmons. But he needs touches to he effective. And when teams can send a double down from a wing or guard whenever he gets touches because Simmons can't even hit a 15 footer, it hurts embiids effectiveness.

The fitvetween the two is awkward and likely won't improve unless one of them becomes a better outside shooter. Embiid is a better shooter already, but is the best use of him to be a floor spacer? Probably not.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2019, 09:58 AM

your knicks have been doing the same thing the last few years as well lol.

ewing
05-17-2019, 10:42 AM
your knicks have been doing the same thing the last few years as well lol.

You see me defending the Knicks often?

ewing
05-17-2019, 10:51 AM
Rondo's teams were built with at least 3 shooters and a screener on the floor with him. You can do the same with Simmons. Guys like LeBron and giannis are better shooters and players in general, but it's the same thing their teams try to do with them.

That's how you build around Simmons. Problem is, that's also (sort of) how you build around embiid. Embiid won't bring it up and basically play pg like giannis, LeBron and Simmons. But he needs touches to he effective. And when teams can send a double down from a wing or guard whenever he gets touches because Simmons can't even hit a 15 footer, it hurts embiids effectiveness.

The fitvetween the two is awkward and likely won't improve unless one of them becomes a better outside shooter. Embiid is a better shooter already, but is the best use of him to be a floor spacer? Probably not.

More importantly Rondo was better at basketball. Simmons is the new John Wall around here. He was taken #1 and can do somethings on the break so everyone is going to pretend for 7 or 8 years that he is a franchise talent. Smartest thing Philly could do is sell high

warfelg
05-17-2019, 11:09 AM
You see me defending the Knicks often?

To be fair here: James Dolan.

I want to see the Knicks good....well better. But James Dolan needs to be punched in the face. Sorry. He's a terrible owner. In fact if he sees our posts, we might be banned from MSG.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2019, 11:10 AM

Theyíve won more games, more playoff games and advanced further in the playoffs soooo. Oh, and zero seasons under .500 in that time.

ewing
05-17-2019, 11:19 AM
To be fair here: James Dolan.

I want to see the Knicks good....well better. But James Dolan needs to be punched in the face. Sorry. He's a terrible owner. In fact if he sees our posts, we might be banned from MSG.

All true lol

warfelg
05-17-2019, 11:22 AM
Theyíve won more games, more playoff games and advanced further in the playoffs soooo. Oh, and zero seasons under .500 in that time.

At least admit that you guys got somewhat lucky in this. LOL. Like who knows what would have happened if Hinkie took IT on in the deal you guys got him for (he was originally offered to us).

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 12:14 PM

so 0 titles or finals appearances and a team that very well could implode in the offseason. you all told us Boston was gonna own the east and it was a lock for 60 wins.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2019, 12:28 PM
At least admit that you guys got somewhat lucky in this. LOL. Like who knows what would have happened if Hinkie took IT on in the deal you guys got him for (he was originally offered to us).

We can play the what if game with every team
In the league. I prefer to judge based on what actually happened.

Oakmont_4
05-17-2019, 12:31 PM
so 0 titles or finals appearances and a team that very well could implode in the offseason. you all told us Boston was gonna own the east and it was a lock for 60 wins.

Deflecting. Weíve been better in that time than PHI. Itís undeniable. Try and spin it all you want. Facts are facts

Iíll take our future over yours.
1. Better ownership and management
2. Marginally better coaching (I do like Brown though)
3. I think Tatums long term future is brighter than both Embiid (injuries) and Simmons (lack of development)

You guys sold out this year and lost. We didnít sell out for Kyrie and still have plenty of options moving forward.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2019, 01:12 PM
Sixers are not trading Simmons. Simmons played 2 seasons and made the playoffs and won a round in both. Anyone who can do that is a Special player.

Now with that said. He needs to start just jacking up 3ís. If teams are going to play off him so much then he has to start shooting everything. It really only takes 1-2 makes a game for teams to start guarding you. Simmons can take them off the dribble more once the defender actually plays him on the perimeter.

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Deflecting. Weíve been better in that time than PHI. Itís undeniable. Try and spin it all you want. Facts are facts

Iíll take our future over yours.
1. Better ownership and management
2. Marginally better coaching (I do like Brown though)
3. I think Tatums long term future is brighter than both Embiid (injuries) and Simmons (lack of development)

You guys sold out this year and lost. We didnít sell out for Kyrie and still have plenty of options moving forward.

ill gladly take the sixers future. youre losing Irving and are really out of assets to trade for AD. Even if we dont bring back the players we traded for it just opens up tons of cap to replace them with the best player between the 2 teams. Injuries or not Tatums future isnt brighter then Embiid or Simmons. Maybe Tatum gets to lead the team next year and that all changes, and i love his game but he flatlined this year and stunk vs the Bucks

smith&wesson
05-17-2019, 02:21 PM
He just has to work on his jump shot.

Ye... and he has time to. People act like this guy is 28 or something. Heís a baby still. 76ers should get like an Allan Houston or Ray Allen to work with him in the offseason.

ewing
05-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Ye... and he has time to. People act like this guy is 28 or something. Heís a baby still. 76ers should get like an Allan Houston or Ray Allen to work with him in the offseason.

Heís not a baby. He in his 20s, the child of a profession basketball player, heís been playing his whole life and he canít shoot outside the paint. People debate what hand he should use!

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 03:51 PM
he used to pull up in HS/AAU all the time. not sure why he ever basically stopped in college and the pros.

ewing
05-17-2019, 04:30 PM
he used to pull up in HS/AAU all the time. not sure why he ever basically stopped in college and the pros.

Could he make them?

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 04:50 PM
i never watched an actual game but there are plenty of highlight videos of him making jump shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT6OFeaPquo

ewing
05-17-2019, 06:14 PM
i never watched an actual game but there are plenty of highlight videos of him making jump shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT6OFeaPquo

Interesting. Who knows. I find it hard to believe that he could become a credible jump shooter at this point considering where he is and how much basketball he has under his belt but stranger things have happened

More-Than-Most
05-17-2019, 09:49 PM

means nothing genius... best thing to do was pray the warriors fall off.... celtics were no different from the sixers... they had 0 chance to win a title this year and years beyond... sixers have embiid/simmons and still a ton of draft picks along with the ability to bring back butler/harris or have 2 max cap spots... the celtics could keep kyrie but they are stuck with that hayward contract and they will likely pay horford and over pay smart while trading tatum.... they had their chances to make win now moves like the sixers did this year and before but ainge expects to nets every trade deal and that just isnt going to happen. Now those guys like rozier will walk while the teams they expected to suck were much better this year so their picks werent as good.... the thing that happened with the sixers is we had colangelo forced on us that ****ed us over drastically because of the stupidity of people that thought he was a smart nba guy lmfao.

ohreally
05-18-2019, 01:45 PM
Since Simmons is so awful and hopeless, Brooklyn will trade Dinwiddie for Simmons straight up. Din attacks the hoop too, and he shoots from distance. All your problems solved. Nets would obviously get the short hand of the deal here, but Iím sure they would want to be neighborly and help you guys out.

ewing
05-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Since Simmons is so awful and hopeless, Brooklyn will trade Dinwiddie for Simmons straight up. Din attacks the hoop too, and he shoots from distance. All your problems solved. Nets would obviously get the short hand of the deal here, but Iím sure they would want to be neighborly and help you guys out.

That trade works for both teams

Scoots
05-18-2019, 09:58 PM
Sixers are not trading Simmons. Simmons played 2 seasons and made the playoffs and won a round in both. Anyone who can do that is a Special player.

Like Damian Jones. He's always in the playoffs and has 2 rings and is going for a 3rd. :)

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Man... you drinking

ewing
05-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Some of these and ones on 3s are total madness